PDA

View Full Version : How do you get ALL those Home Depot Mickey Heads?

logansmummy
02-09-2008, 10:28 PM
How in the heck do you all get all those Mickey Head Paint samples without getting the crazy looks from employees? Give me the nerve, it kinda makes me feel weird?

Omma
02-10-2008, 12:35 AM
I TOTALLY understand what you mean! I went this week to get mine and ended up grabbing a bunch of other colors too because somehow that made it "better". :rotfl2:

Leleluvsdis
02-10-2008, 02:02 AM
I just get a couple of just about ever color, I also get the regular disney samples too. I can always find scrapbooking stuff to do with them, and I feel more comfortable about it.

Metsoskil
02-10-2008, 04:41 AM
I just buy about 10 gallons of Alien Green paint to justify taking the samples, so I don't feel guilty.

No, I don't worry about it. I'm sure HD could care less if you took 5 or 6 paint samples. The fact that you are in the store probably means that you're buying something. They'll make the 28 cents back.

PiratesRock
02-10-2008, 09:26 AM
Thank You Thank You for this thread!! I kept thinking "why would Home Depot have green Mickey heads?" Major forehead thump when I saw it was for paints!! Apparently I've not been very observant in the paint section!!
ps we're going to run by there today for a few!!:rolleyes1 :laughing:

Minnie M6
02-10-2008, 09:36 AM
I went to Home Depot for the first time yesterday (let me just mention that my husband finds this insane) and I wondered the same thing. I looked at all the Disney paint samples and ended up taking samples in 8 or 9 different colors, with about 15 lime green. But I felt so sneaky! :rolleyes1

My other big Saturday activity was getting postcards for the kids to decorate so we could enter the YOAMD contest each day this week. I got the ones from the post office that already have postage on them- they were 28 cents apiece. We used some of our Mickey heads to decorate postcards.

Today, it's the Disney store! I'm going to get the kids Disney bucks and one pin each for Valentine's Day.

I'm happy to have gotten so many tips/ ideas from this board!

newbydisney
02-10-2008, 07:59 PM
I can never find anyone to help me let alone give me funny looks , only my husband gave me funny looks when I asked him to get them at Home Depo for me once.... He got the "disney" expert to help him and they could not find the "Lime Green Mickey Heads" ..she had no idea what he was talking about ...we are in Seattle...

heartbeeps
02-10-2008, 08:25 PM
so what is it you do with the LGMHs anyway? I got a whole bunch of assorted colors and marked them 1-31 and put double sided tape on the back so we can attach them to the kids' room door and have a daily countdown (and numbers learning school for the 5 year old)! :rotfl:

newbydisney
02-10-2008, 08:28 PM
punch a hole in and attach to your luggage, purse, stroller etc..with string or cable ties ...at least you'll be able to recognize your luggage quickly ...hopefully other disers will spot you and say hello!

logansmummy
02-11-2008, 12:14 PM
You are all cracking me up with this thread! :rotfl: I am just so happy that I am not alone. I want to make a Big Countdown Calender with them, and get a couple extra for the trip to decorate or door.......I am a very guilty by nature person. I remember taking a pack of Mentos when I was about 4 years old, all because my mom said No that i couldn't have them, and well I took them anyway, I stuck them in my white and grey fur muffler, you know ladies that thing that has a cord that wraps around your neck and has a fur tube attached to it, and you can put your hands in it....very fashionable in the 70's anyhoo, Well my mom made me feel terrible the whole way home because she found them and said she was going to take me back and tell the owner of the store......OH NO.....well she never did but that scared the bajeezeys out of me, so now, the thoughts of taking anything just brings back those HORRIBLE memories. EEK:scared1: Look Scarred for life............................I have to remember that when my DS4 pulls that...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....I wonder if anyone from HOME DEPOT particapates on these boards? They probably have ratted us out???????:idea:

*Emily*
02-11-2008, 12:39 PM
I can never find anyone to help me let alone give me funny looks , only my husband gave me funny looks when I asked him to get them at Home Depo for me once.... He got the "disney" expert to help him and they could not find the "Lime Green Mickey Heads" ..she had no idea what he was talking about ...we are in Seattle...

I do believe the technical name for the color is Alien Green.

Kate and Pete
02-11-2008, 02:55 PM
Haha! I just went today to get mine. Went early in the morning, took about 15, stuck them in my pocket, looked at a couple other things, and then left. I felt like a criminal!!

I'm going to use mine to decorate our window at POP this weekend - watch for us - we'll have lime green Mickey heads and 30th b-day signs! (DH and I are celebrating our 30th b-days with this trip!!)

jadedbeauty14304
02-11-2008, 03:48 PM
Hahahaha.. I just made sure to look at ALL the paints for a while before grabbing mine and hightailing it out the door. lol.

mousescrapper
02-12-2008, 02:41 PM
just had to post something on this thread! :lmao:

I was just in HD the other day and grabbed about 15 or so, plus a few more lgmh's too. When I got home and DH was looking in the bag at first he was like what do you want me to paint now??? Then he was like duh? it's more of that crazy dis stuff!:rolleyes1

I'm going to laminate a few of mine w/ my username to put on my bag too while we're in the parks. And yes they are great for scrapping too. FYI they are not acid free (scrap term) which I have now discovered in my 05 trip book, after I peeled the heads off the backing and put in my books I now noticed they'll wrinkling a bit. I think next time I will spray w/ some acidfree spray first.

Finally I feel no shame for taking the mickey heads. It's all fun and as another poster said, you'll probably buying something anyways...

lgmh rule!

juju
02-12-2008, 04:50 PM
I take a lot of other colors too. I often decorate our room door at BWV. For example, we always go in Oct so I decorate with Halloween motif, I put up orange and black heads too. I can never find anybody to help me at Home Depot either, especially not in the paint dept.

DougandBeth
02-12-2008, 06:34 PM
Can someone explain these lime green mickey heads and what they are used for?

heartbeeps
02-12-2008, 06:48 PM

I asked the same question (post #8 in this thread). see post # 9

:rotfl:

PiratesRock
02-12-2008, 09:57 PM
I finally made it to HD today and loaded up on lgmhs!! Of course, now I'm going to be repainting the kid's rooms...they really do get their money back for those mickey heads!!:laughing:

crashbb
02-12-2008, 10:32 PM
I TOTALLY understand what you mean! I went this week to get mine and ended up grabbing a bunch of other colors too because somehow that made it "better". :rotfl2:

I could have picked a few different quotes, but this was the first one saying this.

Umm...if you are feeling guilty for 'stealing' the Mickey Heads, how the heck does 'stealing' MORE of them make things better?

Not trying to say you are stealing or shouldn't take the Mickey Heads, I'm just confused as to how this strategy makes it better?

MagicAllison
02-12-2008, 11:26 PM
Why lime green? Is it because it's the most unpopular color of all mickey paints therefore HD has the most paint samples of this color available at any given time hence "less guilt" for the crime? :laughing:

skw2020
02-13-2008, 04:42 PM
This is tooooo funny. Hee-hee-hee!!! I can't wait to go to HD!:thumbsup2

bumbershoot
02-13-2008, 07:56 PM
Umm...if you are feeling guilty for 'stealing' the Mickey Heads, how the heck does 'stealing' MORE of them make things better?

Not trying to say you are stealing or shouldn't take the Mickey Heads, I'm just confused as to how this strategy makes it better?

They are paint sample cards, there for the taking. It's not stealing. BUT when you are taking more than perhaps your fair share of one color, it feels odd. And it makes it feel better, more like you might go home and decide to paint your rooms, if you take the other color sample cards as well.

There's no stealing, though, there's no charge on them. (for some reason I feel the need to add a "yet" there, LOL)

Why lime green? Is it because it's the most unpopular color of all mickey paints therefore HD has the most paint samples of this color available at any given time hence "less guilt" for the crime? :laughing:

At some point someone on the Dis decided that the Alien Green color was the color for Dis'ers going to WDW. A way to recognize each other. Who knows how they decided that, though.

crashbb
02-13-2008, 08:51 PM
They are paint sample cards, there for the taking. It's not stealing. BUT when you are taking more than perhaps your fair share of one color, it feels odd. And it makes it feel better, more like you might go home and decide to paint your rooms, if you take the other color sample cards as well.

There's no stealing, though, there's no charge on them. (for some reason I feel the need to add a "yet" there, LOL)

Sorry, I wrote that late at night. I know it isn't stealing, but others were talking about feeling like a criminal or thief and, when I actually thought about their strategy (taking extra colours), realised that it actually multiplied the "non stealing that was making them feel like criminals" and found it funny, since it had totally made sense to me (as in taking other colours would be something I'd do), until I thought about it.

Probably still not being coherent, but wanted to make sure you didn't think I was criticizing anyone.

logansmummy
02-13-2008, 10:33 PM
This is cracking me up:rotfl: Here is my question, do you think that Home Depot even knows about the mickey heads?

Omma
02-13-2008, 11:29 PM
That was me who said it - I meant I grabbed other colors (that I am considering painting DS's room, the family room, etc.) because it felt like I had a "purpose" for grabbing all the paint samples.

And in my crazy little world that made taking the 10 lime green ones better. ;)

Miss_Mouse
02-14-2008, 01:51 AM
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who loves these things! I get a bunch in every color (not all at the same time, obviously) and use them as journalling cards for my Disney scrapbooks.

DH-to-be does some landscaping, so luckily he hits Home Depot quite frequently. Whenever he goes I make sure to tell him to grab me a fresh stack!

Eviie
02-14-2008, 02:29 AM
Oh my god! :lmao: This thread just gave me a flashback, when Disney Paint was first released i was like 5ish or 6ish and at that age i was addicted to getting all those little papers and samples and whatnot, so i went and i saw the little color palettes well i saw that there was a stack wrapped in plastic (brand new) with maybe 100+ color palettes and i came home that day and dumped them into a bookbag... god knows where that bookbag is... i think i may have to do some hunting... (btw i'm 13 now, and i haven't done that again :rotfl: )

logansmummy
02-14-2008, 09:03 AM
I am going today to get quite a bit of Mickey Heads this evening! I'm going to keep it on the downlow.....:lmao: I am going to make a big countdown with them. Our trip is getting closer and closer....so looks like I am snagging over 30 of them.......

DearDaisyinDurham
02-14-2008, 09:13 AM

punch a hole in and attach to your luggage, purse, stroller etc..with string or cable ties ...at least you'll be able to recognize your luggage quickly ...hopefully other disers will spot you and say hello!

(this was a ? I kept asking and I always seemed to miss the answer):)

j_lehr
02-14-2008, 11:26 AM
You are all cracking me up with this thread! :rotfl: I am just so happy that I am not alone. I want to make a Big Countdown Calender with them, and get a couple extra for the trip to decorate or door.......I am a very guilty by nature person. I remember taking a pack of Mentos when I was about 4 years old, all because my mom said No that i couldn't have them, and well I took them anyway, I stuck them in my white and grey fur muffler, you know ladies that thing that has a cord that wraps around your neck and has a fur tube attached to it, and you can put your hands in it....very fashionable in the 70's anyhoo, Well my mom made me feel terrible the whole way home because she found them and said she was going to take me back and tell the owner of the store......OH NO.....well she never did but that scared the bajeezeys out of me, so now, the thoughts of taking anything just brings back those HORRIBLE memories. EEK:scared1: Look Scarred for life............................I have to remember that when my DS4 pulls that...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....I wonder if anyone from HOME DEPOT particapates on these boards? They probably have ratted us out???????:idea:

You are lucky! The one time I stole a pack of gum when I was in grade school and the store caught me. My uncle was with me and of course he told my mom. What was really bad is that it was the day before Halloween. :rolleyes1

When I caught my daughter stealing I took her back to the store. She never stole again. She was in 1st or 2nd grade and she took some fancy pencil from Walmart. She never did it again after that!

abirdd
02-14-2008, 11:35 AM
Sadly, we live in a very small town... and it's pretty obvious when I go and help myself to Mickey chips. There are two regular paint mixing staff members who know me... and now ask "When are you guys leaving?" Oh well, guess HD is onto me :rotfl:

jmsaj
02-15-2008, 07:34 PM
and since they partnered up with Disney for these paints; think of it as a "special perk" that comes along with the cost to stay at Disney......

mousetravel
02-15-2008, 07:57 PM
I am so excited! I just discovered this from the boards & I went to Home Depot & picked me up some of the Mickey Heads. I was like a kid in a candy store and my 12 year old just thought I was crazy!!!!!

logansmummy
02-16-2008, 10:37 AM
Sadly, we live in a very small town... and it's pretty obvious when I go and help myself to Mickey chips. There are two regular paint mixing staff members who know me... and now ask "When are you guys leaving?" Oh well, guess HD is onto me :rotfl:

:lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl: That is too funny! You made my day with that one. I was wondering if they get that or not....

abirdd
02-16-2008, 11:52 AM
:lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl: That is too funny! You made my day with that one. I was wondering if they get that or not....

Apparently our little store knows about it, so I'm wondering what the larger cities make of the Mickey Head disappearances!!

lindsmom
02-16-2008, 01:07 PM
I've gone in and done my best "acting" to date... I "hmmmm" and "ummm", pretending I have NO IDEA which color I'm going to paint a room. "Gee, should it be alien green or princess pink? I REALLY don't know. I guess I'll have to take one of each. Now, which colors did I get? I can't remember. Rather than looking at my pile, I guess I'll take one of each just to be safe. Ooops, looks like those two stuck together. Oh well..."

Hee hee... :rolleyes1

BrittBritt
02-16-2008, 01:55 PM
Okay, here is my strategy...and yes, I know I am a nerd for having a LGMH stealing strategy. First, I kidnap my DSis and take her with me to HD. We really pretend like we can't decide on paint color...and yes, I am teaching an 8 year-old that 'borrowing' things from HD is okay :rolleyes: .
Now, while we're 'debating' colors, I take one of the pamphlets that line the side of the paint display. The pamphlets fold out into several sections, and they're supposed to help you match colors with Disney characters/themes. Yeah, whatever. So, with pamphlet in hand, we just tuck as many LGMHs underneath. The pamphlet covers our true selfishness. Then, we leave the store hysterically laughing.
The pitiful thing about all of this is when she's older, my DSis will probably list HD as her most favorite memory with me. Oh well...what can I say? :confused3 We had fun!

mousetravel
02-17-2008, 10:05 AM
Since I have only recently discovered the Mickey Heads, please tell me some different uses for them. I know they are great for scrapbooks, but how else can I use them?

logansmummy
02-17-2008, 03:40 PM
My hubby & I just went and got our Mickey heads, well actually it was just me. :confused3 My husband refused to be a part of it. He said I will go with you, but I will not take any. I used the Disney Pamplets to hide them.....:rotfl: I was doing the well, it would be nice to paint it orange, but the green is so much brighter.....what to do, what to do, I didn't bother keeping track of how many I took, I knew that I wanted 31, I wanted to do a 31 day countdown...all of APRIL.....well we got to the car, and I was nervous that I only got 20 or so, this is a hard thing to pull off, anyhoo....I ended up getting close to 100 :lmao: so now I have a ton left over, so now I will use them at the resort and for luggage tags......I will think of a couple more ideas too I am sure.

gardengirlco
02-17-2008, 05:57 PM
Since I have only recently discovered the Mickey Heads, please tell me some different uses for them. I know they are great for scrapbooks, but how else can I use them?

See posts 8 and 9:

so what is it you do with the LGMHs anyway? I got a whole bunch of assorted colors and marked them 1-31 and put double sided tape on the back so we can attach them to the kids' room door and have a daily countdown (and numbers learning school for the 5 year old)! :rotfl:

I've been picking up some forest green and dark red ones to make a paper wreath with to put on the door of our cabin when we cruise this December.

MAKHayes-DisneyDiva
02-17-2008, 06:09 PM
Sadly we live but an hour from the nearest HD. My fear is that by the time I make it to HD, the paint company will begin "defacing" the Mickey heads by stamping them with the word SAMPLE!

logansmummy
02-17-2008, 07:14 PM
Go Get them now!!! Just go get a ton of them....they have made them for a long time like that I doubt they will change.....but...just in case...go get them.

Frequent Flyer
02-17-2008, 07:51 PM
I've gone in and done my best "acting" to date... I "hmmmm" and "ummm", pretending I have NO IDEA which color I'm going to paint a room. "Gee, should it be alien green or princess pink? I REALLY don't know. I guess I'll have to take one of each. Now, which colors did I get? I can't remember. Rather than looking at my pile, I guess I'll take one of each just to be safe. Ooops, looks like those two stuck together. Oh well..."

. . .We really pretend like we can't decide on paint color...
Now, while we're 'debating' colors, I take one of the pamphlets that line the side of the paint display. The pamphlets fold out into several sections, and they're supposed to help you match colors with Disney characters/themes. Yeah, whatever. . .

Yup, this was me at HD one day on my way to . . .CHURCH!!
But it's not stealling, they are samples. O.k, I guess if I really believed that wholeheartedly, I wouldn't have looked around so much!! I could hear the Mission Impossible theme in my head.:rotfl:

PeterPansMum
02-17-2008, 10:20 PM
Yup, this was me at HD one day on my way to . . .CHURCH!!
But it's not stealling, they are samples. O.k, I guess if I really believed that wholeheartedly, I wouldn't have looked around so much!! I could hear the Mission Impossible theme in my head.:rotfl:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I thought I was the only one who heard Mission Impossible while acquiring Mickey Heads!!! Actually, I think I may have been humming it.. :rotfl:

Maybe the kids and I will stop at HD on Tuesday.. I need to check out stuff for our bathroom redo and I'll need paint samples... Perhaps the kids will look at the Disney stuff while I find some nice colors, they might even pick up some MICKEYS!!! :lmao: :rotfl2: Future thieves, or just DIS'ers in training?

Disneyaunt4
02-18-2008, 06:28 AM
Was just at HD yesterday with DH, we needed a few things and I thought, oh I can get a couple of AG Mickey heads. I didn't feel guilty at all, I was buying things and I didn't take them all, saved some for other Dis'ers ;)

earthfaries
02-18-2008, 06:57 AM
This is a funny thread:laughing:

I felt weird taking some for my trip last month too.

I took a couple of other colors of mickey heads and some regular paint samples. I was getting ready to paint the kids room anyway, so I just picked out colors they would be interested in.

There were hardly any alien green ones left, but I got what I needed.

I wouldn't feel guilty about taking them because they are free, but I did feel like the paint people were watching me and seeing me take more than one alien green one :rotfl:

mikamah
02-18-2008, 01:32 PM
I have my son disguise as an employee and make him take them for me.;)

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l7/mikamah/homedepot002.jpg

earthfaries
02-18-2008, 02:45 PM

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l7/mikamah/homedepot002.jpg

:rotfl:

That's too cute:cutie:

gardengirlco
02-18-2008, 03:02 PM

Too funny!! Very cute photo!

Omma
02-18-2008, 10:05 PM
Mikamah! That is TOO FUNNY! :lmao:
He is a doll!

mikamah
02-19-2008, 02:44 PM
Thank you. He is so funny at Home Depot, and he can't get enough of the mickey heads either. I take the green ones, he take every other color. He's such a collector. I need to make our countdown calendar soon!!!

teacup317
02-21-2008, 12:30 PM
I found another use for those cute Mickey Head Paint Chips from Home Depot-Luggage Tags! I have to say that I saw the idea posted on the Dis so I cannot take full credit for the idea. (But thank-you to whoever is responsible!!!! )
They were super easy to do and very inexpensive. I paid a little under $6.00 at Wal-Mart for the self-laminating packets w/ the clear luggage attachment.
Here is a pic of what I made for our upcoming February trip:

I have to say I am super-happy with how these turned out! We all needed new luggage tags and am glad I found the idea to make my own on the Dis!

I found this as part of a thread on the Disney Trip Planning board.

cwestbrook
02-21-2008, 07:18 PM
I didn't think I would feel weird getting my lime green Mickeys--I've gone in and gotten paint chips lots of times. This time, I felt like they were going to KNOW I wasn't shopping for paint. I don't know what I thought they would do about it! Like others, I took some other, larger chips and covered the Mickey's. Whoo hooo, mission accomplished.:yay:

jgates
02-21-2008, 10:01 PM
Teacup - I don't see your photo. But thank you above for the other photo so I could at least figure out what you guys were talking about, LOL.

Unfortunately we are overrun with Menards around here. Only one HD about 70 minutes from me.

earthfaries
02-22-2008, 05:52 AM
Teacup - I don't see your photo. But thank you above for the other photo so I could at least figure out what you guys were talking about, LOL.

Unfortunately we are overrun with Menards around here. Only one HD about 70 minutes from me.

Are you going to WDW soon? If so and you want some, I could mail some to you.

FmrCastMembr
02-22-2008, 09:19 PM
Just got back from Home Depot. Mission accomplished!!

colonialtinker
02-22-2008, 09:55 PM
We went the other night to get some. DD8 decided she wants to paint her room. Dark purple!!! :rolleyes: I told her to get some other samples and we'll take them home and decide. HD employee watching all of this. :eek: So she grabbed a bunch of purples and pinks (5 of each shade) and I tell her she can only have 1 of each colors. Puts her hands on her hips and states " then why do you get so many of the ugly green ones?" He looks over and says " because your going to Disney." At this point I laugh and asked how do you know and he said " My sister is always getting me to get her some. She always wants them right before a Disney trip, won't tell me why though." :rotfl: I went oh , have a nice evening, got DD and went to find DH.

lindsmom
02-23-2008, 06:38 AM
We went the other night to get some. DD8 decided she wants to paint her room. Dark purple!!! :rolleyes: I told her to get some other samples and we'll take them home and decide. HD employee watching all of this. :eek: So she grabbed a bunch of purples and pinks (5 of each shade) and I tell her she can only have 1 of each colors. Puts her hands on her hips and states " then why do you get so many of the ugly green ones?" He looks over and says " because your going to Disney." At this point I laugh and asked how do you know and he said " My sister is always getting me to get her some. She always wants them right before a Disney trip, won't tell me why though." :rotfl: I went oh , have a nice evening, got DD and went to find DH.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Frequent Flyer
02-23-2008, 09:32 AM

Hilarious!!:rotfl2:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

DIZBOUND
02-23-2008, 10:04 AM
I'm going to laminate a few of mine w/ my username to put on my bag too while we're in the parks. And yes they are great for scrapping too. FYI they are not acid free (scrap term) which I have now discovered in my 05 trip book, after I peeled the heads off the backing and put in my books I now noticed they'll wrinkling a bit. I think next time I will spray w/ some acidfree spray first.

lgmh rule!

OK so how does one exactly go about attaching these to your lugage?

I have always wondered what happens when you use non acid free materials when you scrapbook?

misricsmith
02-23-2008, 10:05 AM
any body able to pick some up for me
we have no home depot
please pm mepopcorn::

Frequent Flyer
02-23-2008, 10:26 AM
OK so how does one exactly go about attaching these to your lugage?

Here is a link to a thread about the Mickey head luggage tags.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1673197&referrerid=169623

MAKHayes-DisneyDiva
02-23-2008, 04:01 PM
The snow finally stopped, and I drove 45 minutes with DS8 and MIL to go on my first ever Mickey Head run! I made MIL wait in the car, because she is kind of big, and definitely loud, and seems to draw attention wherever she goes. DS made the plan: during the heist we could talk only out of the sides of our mouths, since this is what criminals do. (?!) And he asked if we would be taking any purples and pinks. Since the answer was "probably, yes" he made up an 11 yr old sister named Monica, who might want those colors in her room! He was really into creating the back story...does he have a less than magical future behind bars, or will he be the greatest Imagineer of all time?
Anyway, no one even noticed us, but it was an exhilarating experience nonetheless!! :earsboy:

ang
02-23-2008, 04:04 PM
You know, i felt like theif! I don't know...:rotfl2: But then I should not feel bad. I was buying things.
I hung them in my window at the resort.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii32/anglovesdisney42/wdw3076.jpg

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii32/anglovesdisney42/wdw3302.jpg

MAKHayes-DisneyDiva
02-23-2008, 04:11 PM
You know, i felt like theif! I don't know...:rotfl2: But then I should not feel bad. I was buying things.

Ang - Love the window hangings! Did you cut out each one before stringing them? Or peel them from the backing? Did you glue them back to back?
Thanks!

teacup317
02-23-2008, 04:15 PM
I have just returned from Home Depot - home of the LMGH's I will send 4 each to the first 6 people who contact me. No gimmicks, no strings, I don't even care about the postage and no I'm not the boogy man(woman), I just know that there are some folks who can't get a hold of these little alien green paint chips and I have a few extra. I got 30 of them today and I am willing to share. :thumbsup2

teacup317
02-23-2008, 04:20 PM

Just love the window decoration. Could you please post how you made it. Really cute and simple. Thanks a million:thumbsup2

ang
02-23-2008, 05:16 PM
Ang - Love the window hangings! Did you cut out each one before stringing them? Or peel them from the backing? Did you glue them back to back?
Thanks!

teachup317 Just love the window decoration. Could you please post how you made it. Really cute and simple. Thanks a million

I peeled them, then glued them back to back...make sure you put something heavy on them so they won't curl.
After they dried I used a hole putcher.
Then I put white thread through the hole and knotted. I did make sure I left long thread on each. Then I wrapped the thread around the mickey head so the string won't get all knotted up. Put then in ziplock bag.

Just make sure you pack scotch tape and a small kids siccors. Once hang the mickey's then I cut the thread short.

I did try cutting them out..just took to long...that's why I peeled.

It looks like used about 20, I think, I made about 25.

That's why I felt like a theif! Taking all the colors:rotfl2: . I did take the lime green too!

thanks.

Chipmunk89
02-23-2008, 11:27 PM
Teacup,

I don't know if you got my email, but if you still have extra LGMHs I could use some. I made the hour or so trip to Home Depot today. And guess what not a single Alien Green left.:sad1: Guess we have some DISers around!:yay:

aubriee
02-24-2008, 04:10 AM
I have no problem taking the LGMH from Home Depot. The man that usually works behind the counter in the paint dept is a Disney freak. When he sees me getting Mickey heads he'll usually come over and ask me if I'm planning another Disney trip and then tell me about his. Once when I didn't find enough of the LGMH he told me to wait and he opened the doors beneath the dsplay and help me find a whole pkg (not too many in those little cellophane pkgs though:rolleyes: ). He only had one pkg, but told me to come back on a Friday as the paint company usually delivers them on Thursday and it would probably be Friday morning before they were put out. He's great!

teacup317
02-24-2008, 10:42 AM
Teacup,

I don't know if you got my email, but if you still have extra LGMHs I could use some. I made the hour or so trip to Home Depot today. And guess what not a single Alien Green left.:sad1: Guess we have some DISers around!:yay:

No Chipmunk I didn't get the email, try me at teacup317@gmail.com

I'll post the LGMH's tomorrow if I get your email today :thumbsup2

Chipmunk89
02-24-2008, 11:01 PM
Thanks Teacup! I sent you an email!

:thanks:

disneygal922
03-07-2008, 09:19 PM
I just went this afternoon and picked up a couple. :goodvibes It is just DF and I and he just laughed at me! I grabbed a couple pink ones for making my luggage tags and had him pick out a color for his! Do people usually right their disboard names on them or just keep them blank? does it matter? ::MinnieMo

MommyBuzz909
03-07-2008, 09:33 PM
I will SOOOO do this. Gives me time to kill on the 4 1/2 hour plane ride to Orlando!!

I hope you guys don't mind me stealing your idea!!

What do hang them with, just with fishing wire??

ang
03-07-2008, 10:04 PM
I will SOOOO do this. Gives me time to kill on the 4 1/2 hour plane ride to Orlando!!

I hope you guys don't mind me stealing your idea!!

What do hang them with, just with fishing wire??
HI! If you talking about the window hanging mickeys, I used sewing thread.

Madisonsmom926
03-07-2008, 11:10 PM
I made a countdown calendar too...This was for the Halloween Party last year, just thought I'd share!!
http://links.pictures.aol.com/pic/5ac0E8XEvNH-JXGtVvv7NNBS1RDGVD03BP0Zv4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg
I put stickers under each Mickey Head. The DD's were always so excited to get up and peel off the Mickey Head so that they could see what sticker was for that day!!http://links.pictures.aol.com/pic/5ac0E8XEvNH-JXGtVvv7NNBS1eTHqX07z4gkv4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg

RMAMom
03-08-2008, 02:34 AM
You are all so very funny!!!! Thanks for the great laugh I guess I'll have to take a walk through the Depo tomorrow. :lmao:

We are celebrating DD 16th birthday and I think I will use the window idea to surprise her! Thanks for posting the pictures, it really helps to be able to see it.

I love the calendar idea too, we are taking DD's BFF with us and it will be BFF's first visit so I think I will make a calendar for her too!

Thanks again for sharing your ideas, I love them!

Shir Kahn
03-08-2008, 10:37 AM
I just did a count and I have exactly 110 green Mickey heads left in my stockpile! Probably about 50-75 of the other colors too! I keep worrying that they'll discontinue the Mickey paint chip section, so I keep loading up! :rotfl:

MommyBuzz909
03-08-2008, 10:40 AM
I'm going today to get mine!!!

Tinkerbell424
03-08-2008, 10:41 AM
I just take a couple of every color and do that each time I visit. :p

MommyBuzz909
03-08-2008, 01:19 PM
I just got back - I got about a dozen. I'm going to put them with all of my Disney stuff and use my long plane ride to make them!

Thanks for the idea!!

Kaler131
03-08-2008, 02:01 PM
I just buy about 10 gallons of Alien Green paint to justify taking the samples, so I don't feel guilty.

LMAO!!!! :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :thumbsup2

Kaler131
03-08-2008, 02:18 PM

That sounds just like me!!! LOL...I bet you they really are catching on to us!! :lmao:

BUT, the good thing for Home Depot is that when I need to get something from a home improvement store, I go to HD so I can also pick up some Mickey Heads! There is a Lowes less than a mile from our local HD, but I ALWAYS go to HD because Lowes does not have the Mickey Heads....so HD gets my business too!

colonialtinker
03-09-2008, 08:19 AM

I took about 50 of the different heads last night, mostly lime green. DH spent over $ 300 buying electric supplies, so I don't feel guilty taking so many. :rolleyes1

Promomx2
03-09-2008, 10:21 AM
I never feel quilty about taking the mickey's. Monday I bought washer/dryer from HD ($1200). Wed, I went in to buy 2 pieces of laminate flooring to finish where w/d would go. Last year bought laminate flooring from Home Depot ($1500). Well, they would not let me buy just 2 pcs, "You have to buy the whole box." I was not going to buy the whole box, so I left the store fuming all the way home. I even threatened to cancel w/d order, but they would not do anything. Like they never sell anything on clearance or scratch-n-dent. I emailed Home Depot last night about the crappy customer service. I just got off the phone with John, the store manager who called to apologize for my situation. He didn't do anything extra, but at least I made him call me to apologize. So I may go in today and get a few more mickey's just to make myself feel better. I wonder what color I need. Maybe 1 of each color.:lmao: :lmao:

CandyHead
03-12-2008, 07:07 PM
LOL my mom and dad went in to different home depots and grabbed a lot of them but of course they didnt really care about the weird stares lol.

I say just go in and grab a few colors of the same colors and pretend to be really interested in them lol.:lmao:

MommyBuzz909
03-12-2008, 08:40 PM
How many do you actually need to make those window decorations? About a dozen or so?

skw2020
03-12-2008, 09:24 PM
OK, Y'all, how did this LGMH thing start? I think it's great. DH and I just got back from HD and they only had 2 alien green mickey heads so I grabbed em. What other uses have people found besides luggage tags and countdowns? We have a trip next month and wondered if someone's creativity could help. Y'all always have such good ideas. :thumbsup2
:disrocks:

logansmummy
03-12-2008, 09:39 PM
someone made a beautiful moble that they hung inside their hotel window. Very cute and fun, scroll back.

Shir Kahn
03-13-2008, 03:11 AM
My stash of our favorite paint chips:

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l252/Shir_Kahn/TripReport003.jpg

Tray c
03-13-2008, 01:41 PM
I made luggage tags, but I also made some door decorations. The door is supposed to be metal, so I laminated the lgmh and put magnetic paper on the back. If you go to the thread that says something about door decorations, you can get plenty of ideas from there.http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w210/tbourg108/disneytags002.jpg