PDA

View Full Version : Surprising the kids

HonnyDipp
02-08-2008, 06:42 PM
Well its official! Our trip is booked for November and I am so excited! I have 3 children DS's 5 & 10 and DD 12. My goal (if possible) is to hold the trip in for as long as I can and surprise them at the last minute. Any one have a good idea for springing the news on them?

WeLoveNemo
02-08-2008, 09:48 PM
We leave in less less than 36 hours and haven't figured out how to surprise ours yet! I could also use some advice - and soon! :rotfl2:

PKWallaby
02-09-2008, 07:10 PM
Although I would not do it again:

We tricked the kids to get to the airport(told them Grandpa needed a ride) then asked if they wanted to go along with Grandpa once we got there...one actually said no!!!:confused3 It wasn't until I hauled their bags out of the trunk that they took me seriously!

Since mine both get airsick, they were a little freaked out and hindsight tells me I should have prepared them in advance...plus now I always hear about how I "lied" to them to get them to the airport:guilty: Shame on me for trying to surprise them!!!

Good luck with all of your surprise plans...hope they go well:cool1:

binky503
02-10-2008, 05:43 AM
Congrats on scheduling your trip.

I did a treasure hunt with my kids one year and they loved it and was so suprised when they found the treasure. Going to Disney.... Happy Planning:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :banana: :banana:

shellybelly72
02-10-2008, 08:01 AM
I can't help with surprising them.

I usually sit with them and plan it together because I couldn't keep Disney a secret ever! LOL!

Good Luck!!! and happy planning!