PDA

View Full Version : too late or this March?

Patbeth
02-08-2008, 05:54 PM
I need a 3 bed townhome ,because we would like a private hot tub.i would consider a 2 or 3 bed condo w/ whirlpool or jacuzzi tub. Budget is the most important,though, so I would consider a 20 min drive to get a better price.I love Wh but it is a little spendy. we want a "resort feel" with a nice pool, landscaping etc. any ideas for me? is it even too late to try to get this for March 18-26, 2008? Will crowds be worse in March or 3rd week of June? Thanks so much for any help.

mareed
02-08-2008, 06:03 PM
You're going to have to look very hard to find a place with availibility for those dates now, I think. I checked Cypress Point thru HotelKingdom, but only the studio or one bedroom was available.

In my opinion, I think 3rd week of June will be about the same as far as crowds, but June weather will be much, much hotter. So for me, that would tip the scales in favor of March.

gqchicago
02-08-2008, 08:26 PM
You want a last minute res on the busiest time of the year and it's "spendy"? Problem is you're asking for odd days on top of it...Wed-Tues...most people come Sat-Sat, so start there as a request, it will be easier to find availability.

Sat 3/22 - 3/29 is the absolute of the peak busiest week, 10 out of a 10 on the crowd index scale.. and your dates cut into that week, which makes it even more complicated to find something...anything.

At any rate, I found roughly 9 places open on Emerald Island and Windsor Palms on your dates (3, 4 and 5 bedroom homes)...PM me if you want the information with your email address.

Patbeth
02-09-2008, 12:09 AM
we are restricted on dates due to days off and airfare etc. would we have better luck going the hotel route ? maybe priceline? To clarify "spendy" I just thought if we were further away, we could get comparable quality, for a lower price. i have never planned a big vacation like this before,so I need some advice from all the veterans on here. also if March(and particularly our dates in March) is so busy, would June be better? We are also from Colorado, But I grew up in NJ,so i know the humidity will be a killer in June.it will certainly be hard on my family, Colorado is a very dry heat. That being said, should I try to pull off a last minute trip in March or wait till June? TIA

swilshire
02-10-2008, 12:45 PM
June, particularly early June, would be a MUCH better choice if that is an option. Lower crowds, better prices. June isn't ALL that hot and humid.

Sheila

gqchicago
02-10-2008, 03:13 PM
Good deals can be had, in general, at Windsor Palms, and they had some openings still for your dates, that's where I would go check! But you better hurry!

I'd go in March / April if you can swing it, personally, I ready to get out of the -30 wind chills here in Chicago this weekend, brrrrr!!!

:cold: :cold: :cold:

sympatico
02-10-2008, 05:00 PM
And don't forget the infamous lovebugs in June.

dougsmom98
02-10-2008, 08:17 PM
If you can find a place to stay, then I would definitely go in March. We went the third week in June 4 years ago, and I will never ever go that time of year again. The humidity was unbearable. We would be soaked with sweat before we were even through the train station tunnel.
I would check into some of the places that gchicago is recommending. We enjoyed Windsor Palms when we stayed there and I had friends that stayed in Emerald Isle and they loved it. If you are willing to travel 20 minutes or so, you might want to consider the Davenport area. We stayed there last year and are staying in that area again next week. We timed our drive and it took us 10 minutes to get to the road where Windsor Palms exits, and then an additional 5-10 minutes to get to the parks. For the extra drive, we are able to afford larger accommodations and more perks for the amount of money we can afford. I would spend a little bit of time looking through vrbo.com and homeaway.com to see what is out there.
Good luck!