PDA

View Full Version : What movie needs an attraction?

DSNY4ever
02-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Okay guys, my husband and I discuss this often. What Disney movie has been most ignored in the parks and needs an attraction of some sort?

I have to say my husband and I are big fans of The Emperor's New Groove and we think the old River Country waterpark should be turned into 'Kuzcotopia' from the movie...it seems to be a perfect fit.

Jrock0114
02-08-2008, 04:05 PM
I would like to see a TRON attraction. I know the movie is very old but it stands the test of time for those who are now adults and the concept would be cool enough that it would attract teens/tweens who have never even see the movie. May even spark a new movie.

WickedWench
02-08-2008, 04:06 PM
Mulan, without a doubt.

themilesfamily
02-08-2008, 04:06 PM
Bedknobs & Broomsticks. It's time to bring the golden-oldies back!

dolphinrescuegirl
02-08-2008, 04:09 PM
Mary Poppins! I know there is a little scene in GreatMovieRide but I think they should have their own attraction!

DSNY4ever
02-08-2008, 04:32 PM
Wow, good answers...Mary Poppins is a classic. And Mulan had a parade in Disneyland the year the movie came out (and it was awesome), but after that nothing else. And I guess I'll have to rent Tron. I asked my husband what is was and he agreed that would be fun :)

dlawallace
02-08-2008, 04:40 PM
I would love to see a Sleeping Beauty attraction. There used to be a walk-through in the Disneyland castle with miniature animatronics depicting the story of Sleeping Beauty. I just think with the dragon, the faries, color chaging of the dress at the end of the movie, etc... would make a great dark ride!!! :thumbsup2

Also, Incredibles would make a great attraction, like a 3d movie (to replace Muppets 3D). It's cute, but muppets just dont seem Disney to me. :confused3

armomof3lvsdisney
02-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Cars !! It would be so great if they would renovate the speedway at MK with a cars theme!!

Lynn5700
02-08-2008, 04:44 PM
The Incredibles would be cool.

dlawallace
02-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Cars !! It would be so great if they would renovate the speedway at MK with a cars theme!!

I heard that they ARE planning to do this in the near future. I don't remember where though. Anyone else heard this????

my3disneygirls
02-08-2008, 04:47 PM
Hubby is always saying he would love Mary Poppins. I would be cool to experience some of the scenes in the movie (horse race, on the roof tops...)

Brian_WDW74
02-08-2008, 05:00 PM
I heard that they ARE planning to do this in the near future. I don't remember where though. Anyone else heard this????

DCA is adding a whole Cars Land area to the park. It will have an attraction called "Radiator Springs Racers," but it'll be based on Test Track technology and not the current Autopia/Indy Speedway setup. :)

Brian_WDW74
02-08-2008, 05:01 PM
I would like to see a TRON attraction. I know the movie is very old but it stands the test of time for those who are now adults and the concept would be cool enough that it would attract teens/tweens who have never even see the movie. May even spark a new movie.

A TRON sequel is already in the works. Hopefully if it's successful they'll base an attraction on it. :thumbsup2

1rockinmamato2
02-08-2008, 05:05 PM
The Incredibles would be cool.

I agree! :thumbsup2

tinkerbee
02-08-2008, 05:10 PM
Mary Poppins, Sleeping Beauty, and Alice in Wonderland.

CaptHook34
02-08-2008, 05:49 PM
Mulan needs a attraction.

ocalla
02-08-2008, 05:53 PM
Okay guys, my husband and I discuss this often. What Disney movie has been most ignored in the parks and needs an attraction of some sort?

I have to say my husband and I are big fans of The Emperor's New Groove and we think the old River Country waterpark should be turned into 'Kuzcotopia' from the movie...it seems to be a perfect fit.

:thumbsup2 That would be the BEST Idea ever!!!! I never thought about that one, and with River Country just sitting there, it would be great.

WeatherbySwann
02-08-2008, 06:09 PM

That would be awesome!
Not sure if it would exactly fit with Ft Wilderness being right next door, but that certainly is an awesome idea nonetheless!! Also the Yzma Coaster (the one her and Kronk ride in to get to the secret lab) would be neat.

Someone else already answered, but here (http://www.disneylandnews.com/index.html) are all the details about "Carland." I REALLY love Cars (I attended the world premiere, too!) and I think the idea of Carland is really neat - bummer that it's all the way at DLR, though.

I also think Incredibles and Mary Poppins would be neat.

angelmav
02-08-2008, 06:19 PM
How about an actual Narnia attraction?

HunnyPots
02-08-2008, 06:21 PM
I think Cinderella's Golden Carousel would make more sense if it were Mary Poppin's. I don't remember Cinderella ever riding a carousel horse, do you?

Rhonna
02-08-2008, 06:23 PM
Love the idea of The Incredibles! Disneyland did a great job with the Monsters, Inc. ride.

Alice in Wonderland is already at Disneyland in California.

Not sure if OP meant new rides that aren't in ANY parks yet or just referring to WDW parks?

disprincess2002
02-08-2008, 07:44 PM
Not sure these would make good attractions,but my DD always wishes she could see more Jungle book and 101 Dalmation themes in the parks.:goodvibes

Buzz Litebeer
02-08-2008, 10:10 PM
"20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" ... oh, and the segment "The Wind in the Willows" from "The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad."

Wait... oh yeah. Never mind.

I'd vote for Tron (still an impressive, landmark film) myself... how awesome would a lightcycle ride be? And in all seriousness, I've always wanted a "Legend of Sleepy Hollow" ride... (and before anyone says it: yes, the HM was at one time going to be themed to Sleepy Hollow. But it isn't. So there).

mouseman41
02-08-2008, 10:16 PM
I would like them to change Tomorrowlands Indy Speedway to a Cars based attraction!

lawnspecialties
02-08-2008, 10:16 PM
Indiana Jones needs a roller coaster!

I think it was Temple of Doom where near the end they were being chased in the mine cars on a track. Imagine a roller coaster with all knids of loops, turns, and whoops weaving through a mine shaft. Each car would only hold up to 4 people and it would be very fast, just like the movie.

DisneyGirlie
02-08-2008, 10:20 PM
I know there's an Alice attraction at DL, but I think WDW needs an Alice in Wonderland attraction and the Aristocats wouldn't hurt either. I also agree that a Mary Poppins attraction would be a good idea.

wdwfann
02-08-2008, 10:23 PM
:) My husband and I talk about this too! We agree it should be The Incredibles. ;)

attackwithnorth
02-08-2008, 11:36 PM
Bedknobs & Broomsticks. It's time to bring the golden-oldies back!

I second this! Bedknobs and Broomsticks is one of my favorite Disney movies and one of the most underrated Disney films.

JacknSally
02-08-2008, 11:43 PM
I think Cinderella's Golden Carousel" would make more sense if it were Mary Poppin's. I don't remember Cinderella ever riding a carousel horse, do you?

oooh! i second that one!:banana:

bunnysmum
02-09-2008, 12:22 AM
Poor, poor Bambi. No attraction, no characters from his movie in the parks anywhere, not even a lousy snack cart named for him or one of his cohorts. It surprises me that for such a popular movie, there is no mention of Bambi in WDW at all....is there?:confused3

Eviie
02-09-2008, 12:37 AM
Enchanted, it's new and all, but i'd love to see a ride based on the movie. Sort of like you start off in a fairytale land, and then the ride gets faster and you end up in NYC, and well... you get the point ;) I think that'd be such a fun ride! Mulan would be incredible! Especially in Epcot or something. So many Disney Movies would be great as rides, its an ongoing list almost.

Captain Nick
02-09-2008, 01:08 AM
I can't remember what the movie was called, but it had Johnny Depp in it and it had a lot of swashbuckling buccaneers in it. Man, I wish I could remember what it was called but none the less, that would be an awesome ride.

cowtownmom
02-09-2008, 01:39 AM
I can't remember what the movie was called, but it had Johnny Depp in it and it had a lot of swashbuckling buccaneers in it. Man, I wish I could remember what it was called but none the less, that would be an awesome ride.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Disney Padawan
02-09-2008, 02:02 AM
I wish they would make a Roger Rabbit dark ride, where it starts out slow, then gradually turns into a minor thrill ride, as you make your way around Toon Town. (Ending up in a Toon Town themed merchandise store when you exit.)

I also wished they made a 4-D motion simulator dark ride (similar to Spiderman at IOA, only better) based on Hercules. I always thought that movie had so much potential for a ride. (Imagine being able to feel the fire from Hades or feeling the wind from a near miss attack of the Hydra, so much possibilities.)

I also wanted them to make a Stitch Coaster or interactive simulator, where you must rescue Lilo (who has been kidnapped) by the evil (yet funny) Dr. Hamsterviel, all while being chased by Captain Gantu!

OK, so I can really go on and on for hours and hours. :rotfl:

One of the things I do in my limited spare time is come up with stories and ideas for rides. I actually got notebooks filled with scrips, ride designs, you name it, even ideas for Shops and Restaurants! :surfweb:

Anyway, those were three that stuck out in my mind. The one with River Country being converted to "Kuscotopia" was pretty good. I sure wish they would do something nice with that place.

Well, this is a good idea for a thread, hope to read some more soon. :thumbsup2

mrzrich
02-09-2008, 05:59 AM
I would love a Dark ride featuring 101 Dalmations. With Cruella chasing us:thumbsup2

Quacktatty
02-09-2008, 08:31 AM
Jungle Book!

WeatherbySwann
02-09-2008, 08:44 AM
Poor, poor Bambi. No attraction, no characters from his movie in the parks anywhere, not even a lousy snack cart named for him or one of his cohorts. It surprises me that for such a popular movie, there is no mention of Bambi in WDW at all....is there?:confused3

Other than Thumper making a brief meet n greet appearance at DAK for the DVD release of Bambi in 2005, I haven't seen anything out of Bambi in the parks . . . unless you count a topiary at Epcot.

BelleBeast
02-09-2008, 08:50 AM
Aladdin needs something - Even a show like at California Adventures would be awesome - I also agree with other posters that Mary Poppins would be very cool....Disney are you listening?

tchrrx
02-09-2008, 09:13 AM
I'm surprised AK doesn't have more Lion King & Jungle Book type stuff there.

Hmmm...lots of good ideas mentioned so far though. I am glad to see that Toy Story is getting the new attraction this summer, but that gives them two. I do wish that they'd look back at some of the older movies, but I'm not sure that will happen.

JulielovesDisney
02-09-2008, 09:22 AM
Tarzan needs something. I miss that show in AK :sad1:

Hercules is such a fun movie too, I'm sure they could come up with something good for that.

The Little Mermaid could be made into a fun Peter Pan-type ride.

101 Dalmations is hardly mentioned!

And Disneyland's Aladdin show NEEDS to come to Disney World!

I think Disney needs to stop making rides with all their new Pixar movies. They are amazing movies, but it's kind of to the point of over-kill now. I mean Nemo has a show, a ride, another show, and a whole pavillion named after him. But what about all the classic Disney movies?

Buzz Litebeer
02-09-2008, 10:43 AM
I also wished they made a 4-D motion simulator dark ride (similar to Spiderman at IOA, only better) based on Hercules. I always thought that movie had so much potential for a ride. (Imagine being able to feel the fire from Hades or feeling the wind from a near miss attack of the Hydra, so much possibilities.)
I'm told "Toy Story Mania" is WDI's response to "Spider Man".

I also wanted them to make a Stitch Coaster or interactive simulator, where you must rescue Lilo (who has been kidnapped) by the evil (yet funny) Dr. Hamsterviel, all while being chased by Captain Gantu!
Yes, the last "Stitch" themed attraction is so popular...

ilisao
02-09-2008, 10:47 AM
"20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" ... oh, and the segment "The Wind in the Willows" from "The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad."

Wait... oh yeah. Never mind.

My sentiments exactly.

ms*mountaineer
02-09-2008, 11:09 AM
I agree that the Tomorrowland speedway should be updated for Cars!

I also agree that the Incredibles and Mary Poppins would be great attractions.

julie007
02-09-2008, 11:40 AM
I'm surprised AK doesn't have more Lion King & Jungle Book type stuff there.

Hmmm...lots of good ideas mentioned so far though. I am glad to see that Toy Story is getting the new attraction this summer, but that gives them two. I do wish that they'd look back at some of the older movies, but I'm not sure that will happen.

Where do you find the info on the new Toy Story location?

Ktharee
02-09-2008, 12:07 PM
Indiana Jones needs a roller coaster!

I think it was Temple of Doom where near the end they were being chased in the mine cars on a track. Imagine a roller coaster with all knids of loops, turns, and whoops weaving through a mine shaft. Each car would only hold up to 4 people and it would be very fast, just like the movie.

Have you been to the Indian Jones ride in Disneyland? It's amazing!

irishbacker92
02-09-2008, 12:16 PM
This isn't a movie, but I would like to see a large reproduction of the mickey mouse playhouse/playgound that my kids see on tv. Complete with silly slide, toodles, hot dog dancing, and character meets. I think this would be a great addition to the toon town fair.

WickedWench
02-09-2008, 12:21 PM
I'm surprised there isn't anything Hannah Montana related at the parks. It would be insanely popular.

PlutoLuvr
02-09-2008, 12:23 PM
Ratatouille! Incredibles (a ride, not the artist sit-through)!

And Cars!!!!

They should re-do Test Track into a Cars ride. It wouldn't take much at all, and the end would dump your "car" out into the Piston Cup (he did what in his cup?) -- in other words, don't change a thing with the actual run on the Test Track; just some minor changes to the inside. Doc Hudson could narrate in the inside taking you from all the "stops" that we love from the movie, i.e., the Cone Motel with Sally, the Tire Shop with the Italians, the militant and hippy cars and, of course, the junkyard with Mater. Or Mater could narrate and one of the "stops" could be the garage or courtroom where you get to see Doc. Or Mack could narrate the whole thing and imagineering includes both a Mater and a Doc Hudson scene.

The part of Test Track where you're currently in that boring black room waiting for the doors to open to let you out onto the track could be done up just like the inside of Mack's trailer when Lightning is in it -- with maybe one of the popular songs from the movie in the background.

Naturally a photo is taken with a Cars theme around the border -- heck, maybe they could even superimpose Mater or Luigi "sitting" in the back of your car.

As much as I would love a Ratatouille ride, I wouldn't be surprised if they bring him in somewhere with dining, i.e., a character meal of some sort. It would be great if it could be some sort of gourmet kitchen that allows for observation and/or a little interaction by its patrons. Maybe a character meal that appeals to adults (I say this only because I know more adults who enjoyed this movie than children) :thumbsup2

JacknSally
02-09-2008, 12:25 PM
I'm surprised there isn't anything Hannah Montana related at the parks. It would be insanely popular.

:rolleyes1

i know Hannah and HSM are HUGE hits right now... but... i just don't see the draw. maybe just because i'm 19... though i've always hated HSM... i'm a theatre major and love everything theatre and that movie was just a disgrace IMO. :confused3

Tink-n-Belle
02-09-2008, 12:29 PM
Ratatouille! Incredibles (a ride, not the artist sit-through)!

And Cars!!!!

They should re-do Test Track into a Cars ride. It wouldn't take much at all, and the end would dump your "car" out into the Piston Cup (he did what in his cup?) -- in other words, don't change a thing with the actual run on the Test Track; just some minor changes to the inside. Doc Hudson could narrate in the inside taking you from all the "stops" that we love from the movie, i.e., the Cone Motel with Sally, the Tire Shop with the Italians, the militant and hippy cars and, of course, the junkyard with Mater. Or Mater could narrate and one of the "stops" could be the garage or courtroom where you get to see Doc. Or Mack could narrate the whole thing and imagineering includes both a Mater and a Doc Hudson scene.

The part of Test Track where you're currently in that boring black room waiting for the doors to open to let you out onto the track could be done up just like the inside of Mack's trailer when Lightning is in it -- with maybe one of the popular songs from the movie in the background.

Naturally a photo is taken with a Cars theme around the border -- heck, maybe they could even superimpose Mater or Luigi "sitting" in the back of your car.

As much as I would love a Ratatouille ride, I wouldn't be surprised if they bring him in somewhere with dining, i.e., a character meal of some sort. It would be great if it could be some sort of gourmet kitchen that allows for observation and/or a little interaction by its patrons. Maybe a character meal that appeals to adults (I say this only because I know more adults who enjoyed this movie than children) :thumbsup2

What a great idea for a redo of TT!! That would be a real cool ride and would fit so perfectly:yay: :yay:

Chuck65
02-09-2008, 12:30 PM
Treasure planet would be cool. Maybe have something like your very own solar surfer that you could ride on.

These are a bunch of great ideas! Maybe Disney should contract the members of the DIS boards to come up with new ride ideas for them.

Brian_WDW74
02-09-2008, 12:32 PM

There is a rumor that a shop like the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is in the works for DHS that will specialize in Hannah Montana and HSM makeovers for the teen set. This comes from Jim Hill (http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/archive/2008/02/04/monday-mouse-watch-hannah-montana-high-school-musical-themed-makeovers-soon-to-be-offered-at-disney-s-hollywood-studios.aspx), so take it for what it's worth. :rolleyes1

SpaceRangerEric
02-09-2008, 12:36 PM
Love the idea of The Incredibles! Disneyland did a great job with the Monsters, Inc. ride.

Alice in Wonderland is already at Disneyland in California.

Not sure if OP meant new rides that aren't in ANY parks yet or just referring to WDW parks?

I think I heard rumors of an Incredibles robot coaster. Has enyone else heard that?

chocovrdmicears
02-09-2008, 12:40 PM
I think I heard rumors of an Incredibles robot coaster. Has enyone else heard that?

I was just going to say that...I could swear I read somewhere that Disney was considering tearing down that theater (can't think of the name but it is to the right when you exit BUZZ) and putting is some kind of serious Incredibles rollercoaster (like the Hulk @ Uninversal) I think it was in one of the millions of guidebooks I have read..:confused3

WeatherbySwann
02-09-2008, 12:44 PM
Where do you find the info on the new Toy Story location?

www.toystorymania.com :thumbsup2

blueeyesrnc
02-09-2008, 05:43 PM
I think National Treasure would make an outstanding ride. When I watch the movie I can just see myself in it.

Buzz Litebeer
02-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Insanely popular like "Lizzie McGuire" was a few years back, you mean. :)

I don't think "Hannah Montanna" and HSM are anything more than flashes in the pan. Sure, they're hits now... but they're hardly classics.

1000th happy haunt
02-09-2008, 07:11 PM
Have you been to the Indian Jones ride in Disneyland? It's amazing!

The Indiana Jones Adventure in Disneyland is without a doubt my favorite Disney attraction. I'd like to see something similar at WDW based on the National Treasure movies.

MouseEarsForLife
02-09-2008, 07:12 PM
Personally, I wish that the WDW Haunted Mansion would go through the holiday makeover! But as for movies with no attractions, I think that they should bring the Hercules the MUSEical (like on the DCL) to the Studios.

slk537
02-09-2008, 07:17 PM
I would love to see something from Brother Bear - maybe a roller coaster or simulator ride based on the part at the beginning of the movie with the brothers on the rapids, etc? Add the Northern Lights, a tranformation - maybe we "see through the eyes" of a bear or some such and you have a heck of an attraction.

As to where to put it? Canada in Epcot, of course!

Buzz Litebeer
02-09-2008, 07:27 PM

Yes. It's called Radiator Springs Racers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiator_Springs_Racers), and will be opening in the future at Disney's California Adventure.

WeatherbySwann
02-10-2008, 08:42 AM
Personally, I wish that the WDW Haunted Mansion would go through the holiday makeover! But as for movies with no attractions, I think that they should bring the Hercules the MUSEical (like on the DCL) to the Studios.

You took the words right off my keyboard! Since Hercules is closing on the Wonder, I was hoping it might come to the ABC Theatre at the Studios, but they just announced that American Idol was coming there. It's a great show and I'd love to see it at WDW.

Alphabetsoup
02-10-2008, 11:21 AM
Mary Poppins... a dark ride would be great...particularly for the scenes in the chalk drawing with all the day glow paint!

The Incredibles... one of those simulation movie experiences...AWESOME! Or maybe an 'octopus' style ride patterned after the metal spidery-thing??

Magic Kingdom Motorway...Definitely should be redone with a Cars theme. I haven't ridden it since the early 80's...if they redid it I'd go again!

Something from Ratatouille in 'France' at Epcot.

I'd love to see a Kim Possible Attraction...would be best as an aracade style ride in the vein of Buzz Lightyear, but since they are adding Toy Mania soon, I doubt it would happen.

Pixiedust34
02-10-2008, 11:29 AM
I would love to see something from Brother Bear - maybe a roller coaster or simulator ride based on the part at the beginning of the movie with the brothers on the rapids, etc? Add the Northern Lights, a tranformation - maybe we "see through the eyes" of a bear or some such and you have a heck of an attraction.

As to where to put it? Canada in Epcot, of course!

I think a log flume ride (similar to Splash--kind of a dark ride for a while and then a drop or two for a thrill) might be fun for this.

I think it would be nice to see an attraction based on some of the Disney dogs--101 Dalmations, Lady & the Tramp, etc. but I'm not sure what that attraction would be like. But it would be cute! pluto:

The Rescuers would provide a fun storyline for a ride, too. It's an oldie but a goodie!

Buzz Litebeer
02-10-2008, 11:40 AM
Something from Ratatouille in 'France' at Epcot.
I think it would be perfect if they renamed Les Chefs de France to La Ratatouille.

I'd love to see a Kim Possible Attraction...would be best as an aracade style ride in the vein of Buzz Lightyear, but since they are adding Toy Mania soon, I doubt it would happen.
An interactive Kim Possible attraction may be coming to Epcot permanently in the future.

Cory's Gal
02-10-2008, 11:47 AM
Mary Poppins and Cars sound like great additions to me!

Ctsplaysinrain
02-10-2008, 11:58 AM
They need to bring back 20,000 leagues and Mr. Toad. I'm totally against them turning the speedway into a "CARS" theme.. They need to keep some of the classics the way there are instead of turning everything into a "marketing" ploy for the newest movies...

mbcary
02-10-2008, 12:07 PM
I love the idea of a Mary Poppins attraction. I LOVE that movie. I would also love to have 20,000 leagues back too.

stitchypoo
02-10-2008, 12:46 PM

I always felt that Animal Kingdom would be perfect place to add a South America area where they could include attractions to The Emperor's New Groove (the villains in this movie were the some of the best!). Also they could have animal exhibits of Llamas, vicunas, jaguars, capybaras, exotic birds, sloths, insects, monkeys, etc.

I'd also love to see a Hercules attraction! and I agree with the person who mentioned a 'real' Narnia attraction.

DebbieTN
02-16-2008, 03:02 PM
I wish Disney had the rights to Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. My daughter and I have always thought it would make a great dark ride. Imagine the chocolate room, the tunnel that the boat goes through, Oompa Loompas, each room the children were in and the fizzy room. Then a 360 movie at the end that looks like your in the elevator going through the roof. It would be so cool.

PrincessKara22
02-16-2008, 04:31 PM
The second that Ratatouille was over I turned to my mom and said They NEED to redo Les Chefs de France to La Ratatouille and keep most of the interior the same but then up above on the moldings, ceilings, shelves, etc have the little animal restaurant scenes all set up. It would be so cute!

Enchanted
02-16-2008, 05:15 PM
Ever since seeing the special features on the Little Mermaid DVD, I've been DYING for the dark ride that almost came to fruition in the 90s to be brought back to the drawing board. That thing looked AWESOME, and Mermaid has always been one of my favorite movies

The Kuzcotopia idea would be GREAT. I love that movie, and it definitely needs an attraction! A waterpark would be wonderful!

I also like the idea of a 3D show starring the Incredibles. That would be fun! I personally adore the Muppets, but I agree that they should probably be replaced with something a bit more "Disney."

Also, my mom and I have been wishing for a Bedknobs and Broomsticks ride for ages now. I always imagined that you would ride on the bed, only it would be more like Pooh's honey pots with bedposts, you know? Also, I would pay big money to have my own bedknob. Just saying. You know, in case Disney's listening. :rolleyes1

WeatherbySwann
02-16-2008, 05:32 PM
Ever since seeing the special features on the Little Mermaid DVD, I've been DYING for the dark ride that almost came to fruition in the 90s to be brought back to the drawing board. That thing looked AWESOME, and Mermaid has always been one of my favorite movies

It's actually being built as part of the DCA expansion. :thumbsup2

Enchanted
02-16-2008, 06:04 PM
It's actually being built as part of the DCA expansion. :thumbsup2

Really? Wow, that's awesome! Of course, I'll probably never see it in person unless they bring it to WDW. I don't think my family will ever see DL or DCA. Not unless we win the lottery! :rotfl:

Ah, well, there's always YouTube, right? :lmao:

Princess_Belle
02-16-2008, 06:27 PM
There are several movies I think need something at least, if not an attraction.
Fantasyland In MK
Pinocchio
Sleeping Beauty
Robin Hood

In Epcot
Little Mermaid in the Seas area
Mulan in China

In AK
There are so many possibilities here
Bambi
Lady and the Tramp
101 Dalmatians
The Aristocats
The Jungle Book
The Fox and the Hound
Tarzan

Overall AK need to add a new land to feature domestic/woodland Animals and they could have tons of stuff related to all Disney's Famous animal movies!

themilesfamily
02-16-2008, 07:17 PM
I wish Disney had the rights to Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. My daughter and I have always thought it would make a great dark ride. Imagine the chocolate room, the tunnel that the boat goes through, Oompa Loompas, each room the children were in and the fizzy room. Then a 360 movie at the end that looks like your in the elevator going through the roof. It would be so cool.

I love this idea!!!

mouseman41
02-16-2008, 07:48 PM
Monsters Ink! I could see an attraction using the Door scene!!!

mouseman41
02-16-2008, 07:49 PM
Sorry! Monsters Inc!!!! My bad!

Disney Padawan
02-16-2008, 07:50 PM

Yes, I agree. :thumbsup2

I always wanted a slow\medium darkride made out of this theme, where they give you a free chocolate or candy sample as you exit. (Into a Willie Wonka candy store of course.) :upsidedow

WeatherbySwann
02-16-2008, 09:30 PM
Really? Wow, that's awesome! Of course, I'll probably never see it in person unless they bring it to WDW. I don't think my family will ever see DL or DCA. Not unless we win the lottery! :rotfl:

Ah, well, there's always YouTube, right? :lmao:

Yeah, same here - I'll probably never make it to DL! :blush:
Like someone else said, it would fit right in at The Seas.

Amyz00
02-16-2008, 10:20 PM
I love the thought of a Mary Poppins ride! :yay: I also love the idea of having a National Treasure movie ride. How much fun would that be?! :thumbsup2 There are so many ways that WD could incorportate this movie into some type of attraction - perhaps something like Dinosaur, and maybe make it 3-D. :3dglasses

RhodyJim
02-16-2008, 11:10 PM
I think it would be nice to see an attraction based on some of the Disney dogs--101 Dalmations, Lady & the Tramp, etc. but I'm not sure what that attraction would be like. But it would be cute!

I think this is a brilliant idea. They could do some sort of Cats v. Dogs (Aristocats, Lady and the Tramp, 101 Dalmations, Oliver and Company, etc.) There could be a huge tie with a dogs/cats line of merch (like with princesses and fairies). This wouldn't even have to be a headliner. A relatively small (by Disney standards) dark ride or something like that. I think this would be very cute.

hoosiergirl7
02-16-2008, 11:40 PM
[QUOTE=Enchanted;23242713]Ever since seeing the special features on the Little Mermaid DVD, I've been DYING for the dark ride that almost came to fruition in the 90s to be brought back to the drawing board. That thing looked AWESOME, and Mermaid has always been one of my favorite movies

I think this would be great too! My DS 4 LOVES the Little Mermaid (especially Ursula - he's a boy so he likes the villains in the Disney movies!) It could be similar to something like POC but make it look like your underwater for parts of the ride. We would so love it!

I also agree with others who have mentioned 101 Dalmatians. I thought there used to be an Aladdin ride - like Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride. Or is that something I did at DL or DL-Paris. The only Dis parks I haven't been to are the ones in the Far East.

WeatherbySwann
02-17-2008, 12:41 PM
I thought there used to be an Aladdin ride - like Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride. Or is that something I did at DL or DL-Paris. The only Dis parks I haven't been to are the ones in the Far East.

If you're thinking of The Magic Carpets of Aladdin, it's still open at Magic Kingdom. :thumbsup2

PrincessKara22
02-18-2008, 02:59 PM
I really want a sleeping beauty attraction at WDW. I know the castle at DLPARIS is an amazing attraction with the dragon in the dungeon and the upstairs walk through. I always feel like Aurora is the forgotten Disney princess. She's only recently (in the past five years) begun to get the same amount of merchandise as the others. I don't know what the attraction would be but I definitely need a sleeping beauty adventure!
Also, the magic carpets SO NOT ENOUGH for Aladdin.

For how popular the princesses are they don't really get to have rides or attractions of their own other than the castles. UNFAIR!
:)

fireman1
02-18-2008, 03:37 PM
Monsters inc., Alice in wonderland, or the Incredibles. Alice especially, if they did it right.

suzij13
02-18-2008, 04:56 PM
I think that the Great Mouse Detective would make an awesome dark ride.

Buzz Litebeer
02-18-2008, 08:21 PM
I also love the idea of having a National Treasure movie ride.
In National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets, there's a big car chase through the streets of London. While watching the film, I turned to my DGF and said, "Well, I guess we know what they'll do to Lights, Motors, Action when they feel it's getting stale and needs an overlay."

DSNY4ever
02-19-2008, 06:31 PM
Oh I am glad to see so many people think about this like my husband and I do, and I agree with so many of the comments on here! SOOOO many good ideas...
Disney Imagineers...are you LISTENING?? :listen:

I too love the Pixar movies and the new attractions that have come along with them, but I would love for some of the Disney classics to get the attention they deserve. More ideas, keep em coming!!

ChicagoMommy2Two
02-21-2008, 06:59 AM
I really want a sleeping beauty attraction at WDW. I know the castle at DLPARIS is an amazing attraction with the dragon in the dungeon and the upstairs walk through. I always feel like Aurora is the forgotten Disney princess. She's only recently (in the past five years) begun to get the same amount of merchandise as the others. I don't know what the attraction would be but I definitely need a sleeping beauty adventure!
Also, the magic carpets SO NOT ENOUGH for Aladdin.

For how popular the princesses are they don't really get to have rides or attractions of their own other than the castles. UNFAIR!
:)

ITA! Aurora is TOTALLY forgotten. I have to search hard to find things for myself *cough* I mean DD's room that are solely Aurora.

I think that a National Treasure ride would be fantastic! It is one of our favorite Disney movies and it has a great adventure plot.