PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland DIS Meet During ALA in Anaheim

Bompy213
02-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Hey Librarians/Disney Fans! I will be attending the American Library Association Conference in Anaheim this June 27 - July 4. Is there anyone interested in meeting up that will also be there for the conference? I wonder how many librarian/Disney fans there are out there?!?!?!? : )

jedi_librarian
02-21-2008, 08:32 PM
<---------JEALOUS that I'm not going to ALA this year! And such a perfect location too!!!!

Bompy213
02-23-2008, 10:38 AM
Spread the word if you know anyone else going!

Bompy213
03-04-2008, 12:35 PM
Looking over the conference schedule (early bird registration ends tomorrow) and it seems like a meet would make sense during the ALA/Proquest Scholarship Bash on Saturday Night. Otherwise we can meet up on Monday evening. Let me know your thoughts.

lowe@massed.net
03-20-2008, 09:01 PM
Looking over the conference schedule (early bird registration ends tomorrow) and it seems like a meet would make sense during the ALA/Proquest Scholarship Bash on Saturday Night. Otherwise we can meet up on Monday evening. Let me know your thoughts.

Hey Bompy! I'll be there for the Bash. Just ordered my 5-day park hoppers this week. I'm arriving Wed. 6/25 and leaving Wed. 7/2.

I'll be with a bunch of wild school librarians from Massachusetts. :cool1: There have to be more Disney-fan librarians out there. Have you thought about postng something on the ALA Annual wiki?

Bompy213
04-15-2008, 02:31 PM
That's a good idea. How would I add that to the Wiki? Disney fans where are you??????

Bompy213
04-15-2008, 02:43 PM
Nevermind...I figured out how to post the info on the Wiki. Here's the link: http://wikis.ala.org/annual2008/index.php/Unofficial_Events

Thanks for the great idea. See you at the meet!

lowe@massed.net
04-18-2008, 09:21 PM
Bumping this to the top. There have to be more of our kind out there, Bompy! :confused: C'mon, show yourselves!

MommyBuzz909
04-19-2008, 11:20 AM
I live about 20 minutes away from Anaheim - I'm game for a meetup....

What kind of place would you guys want to do it at? I know that area WAY too well!!!

Bompy213
05-05-2008, 11:44 AM
Coca Cola Refreshment Corner
8:45PM
**Meet by the Piano!
**This will be a good spot to watch the 9:00PM fireworks!

See you there! PM me if you have any questions or want to definitely confirm your attendance. :)

More info at the ALA Wiki: http://wikis.ala.org/annual2008/index.php/Unofficial_Events

NannyB
05-29-2008, 04:51 PM
Do any librarians know if ProQuest have rented out the entire park for the Scholarship bash? The closing times on the calendar are normal but I know that sometimes that does not mean that they don't close down early for special events.

Don't know if I will be anywhere near the meeting site at 8:45 but will put it in my calendar.

lowe@massed.net
05-29-2008, 05:00 PM
Do any librarians know if ProQuest have rented out the entire park for the Scholarship bash? The closing times on the calendar are normal but I know that sometimes that does not mean that they don't close down early for special events.

Don't know if I will be anywhere near the meeting site at 8:45 but will put it in my calendar.

Hi NannyB!
The parks are open to the public for their usual hours during the Bash. Hope to see you there! :hippie:

Bompy213
06-02-2008, 03:36 PM
I designed a new shirt for our ALA DisMeet! :cutie: I have not heard from Zazzle about the content so I think this secon attempt with a new design worked out better (if I should hear from them I will notify you all ASAP).

Check out the tee at: http://www.zazzle.com/bompy213

Hope to see fellow DisMeeters in these "unofficial" tees! Don't forget that you can choose to have the artwork on a different style tee then the one I chose.

Oh, and you can use promo code: BJFKSXHRJLIIYVUAOVPN Good for $5 off a purchase over $20. Expires 6/8/08.

See you Saturday, June 28th!!!!

MinniMama
06-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Will try to meet you there! We are originally from MA/NH and now have a foundation that sets up lending libraries in Central America and Nicaragua.