PDA

View Full Version : Water in the parks? Glass of water??

karters*mom
02-08-2008, 11:24 AM
I'm not a huge soft drink , juice drinker...
Besides buying a bottle of water that will cost about the price of a case at home..is there anywhere to get a glass of cold water. I will carry a water bottle with me but want to refill if needed? not out of the fountains.
My husband owuld have bird if i do that..he swears I'll get some form of life threatening illness if I sip from a water fountain!

:confused3

xnascar2x
02-08-2008, 12:27 PM
You can get free cups of ice water at any of the counter service restaurants.

karters*mom
02-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Wonderful..thanks!

ortegah
02-08-2008, 12:56 PM
They'll give you free ice water, but I'm warning you now, their water tastes like drinking water that had matches soaked in it. The sulfur smell and taste was so very strong, I couldn't even brush my teeth with it. This time we're ordering 3 cases of bottled water from gardengrocer.com to be delivered to our room ;)

IMDORY
02-08-2008, 01:22 PM
They'll give you free ice water, but I'm warning you now, their water tastes like drinking water that had matches soaked in it. The sulfur smell and taste was so very strong, I couldn't even brush my teeth with it. This time we're ordering 3 cases of bottled water from gardengrocer.com to be delivered to our room ;)

When we went in December I ordered bottled water through gardengrocer.com and it worked great, did it again for our August trip but when we carried the bottled water in the parks-mmmm nice hot bottled water duing the last week in August in FL :eek:

Like a good DISer I had read about these little crystal lite "to go" packets. So I brought some with me to the parks (one or two in my bag-they are really tiny and don't take up much space) I would use one of these when I got the ice water from a CS location-I never noticed a bad taste at all. DS just drank the water plain and never mentioned a bad taste-and he would not be shy to tell me if he thought it was bad. I admit-I didn't try it as I heard it wasn't so great and I liked the flavor the crystal lite gave to the water anyway. Doing this was wayyyy better than lugging bottles of water from our resort room that eventually would get warm by the time you wanted a drink.

ortegah
02-08-2008, 01:36 PM
When we went in December I ordered bottled water through gardengrocer.com and it worked great, did it again for our August trip but when we carried the bottled water in the parks-mmmm nice hot bottled water duing the last week in August in FL :eek:

Like a good DISer I had read about these little crystal lite "to go" packets. So I brought some with me to the parks (one or two in my bag-they are really tiny and don't take up much space) I would use one of these when I got the ice water from a CS location-I never noticed a bad taste at all. DS just drank the water plain and never mentioned a bad taste-and he would not be shy to tell me if he thought it was bad. I admit-I didn't try it as I heard it wasn't so great and I liked the flavor the crystal lite gave to the water anyway. Doing this was wayyyy better than lugging bottles of water from our resort room that eventually would get warm by the time you wanted a drink.

Ah, see I have a cooler tote. It looks like a cute tote purse but really it's a cooler inside. I froze bottles the night before and then stuck them in the bag and even at 6, 7, 8pm at night there were still cold bottles of water in my bag ;)

karters*mom
02-08-2008, 02:09 PM

what is garden grocer? Can I place an order from canada and have it deliever to my room?

:woohoo:

that may be easier than lugging food /drinks in my suitcase...lol
:banana:

ortegah
02-08-2008, 02:24 PM
what is garden grocer? Can I place an order from canada and have it deliever to my room?

:woohoo:

that may be easier than lugging food /drinks in my suitcase...lol
:banana:

Yeah it's a grocery service IN Orlando that delivers right to your hotel room! It is a $12 charge for delivery but I look at it this way. If I order 3 cases of deer park water(we have 11 of us going), it's still going to be WAY cheaper than buying a bottle of water for each of us in the park. The site says to give them at least 24 hours before delivery, but you can order well ahead of time and then they will work with you on when to deliver it. I figure we're gonna order 3 cases of water and probably some snacks and that should save us some money, not to mention my poor taste buds ;)

Check out the website www.gardengrocer.com for all the details :)

kalaim@charter.net
02-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Office Depot also has free shipping over 50 dollars! They have juices and water.
They also have snacks, but they are in bulk if you don't mind a lot!

ZoZo
02-08-2008, 05:50 PM
They'll give you free ice water, but I'm warning you now, their water tastes like drinking water that had matches soaked in it. The sulfur smell and taste was so very strong, I couldn't even brush my teeth with it.

I have to disagree - I think the cups of water you get from CS restaurants is fine. (I don't like the drinking fountain water or tap water, though - it does have a funny taste - but the CS water is fine).

You can refill your water bottle with ice water from CS restaurants! That way, you don't have to lug around multiple bottles of water -- plus the water is cold!

ortegah
02-08-2008, 08:42 PM
Office Depot also has free shipping over 50 dollars! They have juices and water.
They also have snacks, but they are in bulk if you don't mind a lot!

Very good to know as well!

ortegah
02-08-2008, 08:44 PM
I have to disagree - I think the cups of water you get from CS restaurants is fine. (I don't like the drinking fountain water or tap water, though - it does have a funny taste - but the CS water is fine).

You can refill your water bottle with ice water from CS restaurants! That way, you don't have to lug around multiple bottles of water -- plus the water is cold!

Oh, well maybe they purify it then :thumbsup2

I hate my Baltimore, Maryland water as well because it smells like chlorine. I have a 6 stage purifier on my sink and that's all I drink normally. I really prefer it to the bottled spring water as well, but I can't take that much water with me on the plane :rotfl2:

Saratoga Souris
02-08-2008, 10:57 PM
....been drinking from the fountains at WDW for 34 years.
Never had a problem.

ortegah
02-08-2008, 11:24 PM
Never had a problem.

You've got different taste buds than me for sure ;)

mrstomrice
02-09-2008, 12:15 PM
We've done the crystal light mix ins with the free ice water at counter services. That worked out so well! We ordered water from Staples for our last trip. We have a teacher's rewrds card to get free shipping. I highly recommend garden grocer...that was so convenient....I didn't have to lug baby food to Disney!

iluveeyore
02-09-2008, 01:40 PM
THe CS restaurants use water from the soda fountains, not the taps, so it is cold and tastes just fine.:thumbsup2

DearDaisyinDurham
02-09-2008, 04:53 PM
THe CS restaurants use water from the soda fountains, not the taps, so it is cold and tastes just fine.:thumbsup2

Argh, cannot find the OP that I am looking for, does anyone know of delivery services, is it just Garden grocer?

This OP is good too, thanks.

PetesDragon
02-09-2008, 05:40 PM
The water from the water fountains and taps in WDW do taste of sulfur, and it is disgusting.

The water from counter services and soda fountains are filtered and don't taste bad at all. Another trick we do when we're at one of the resorts and want water for the room to rinse after brushing etc... if you get ice from the ice machine, it's filtered. Just leave some cups of ice out before you go to bed, and in the morning you have a cup of filtered water.

ortegah
02-09-2008, 07:09 PM
The water from the water fountains and taps in WDW do taste of sulfur, and it is disgusting.

The water from counter services and soda fountains are filtered and don't taste bad at all. Another trick we do when we're at one of the resorts and want water for the room to rinse after brushing etc... if you get ice from the ice machine, it's filtered. Just leave some cups of ice out before you go to bed, and in the morning you have a cup of filtered water.

All excellent recommendations! Thanks!!!

PiratesRock
02-09-2008, 08:45 PM
We brought fairly large sports bottles for the girls to keep in their backpacks. Filled them 1/2 way the night before and froze them, filled the rest of the way that morning before heading out. We had cold water anytime all day. We've done this for several other trips since then and it works great!

mommynurse
02-10-2008, 07:06 AM
How do you freeze it the night before? I didn't think there were fridges in the rooms?

PiratesRock
02-10-2008, 09:20 AM
Sorry, stayed off-site w/ previous visit (condo) then used this at other amusement parks. Actually will be staying at Disney this year and was wondering if they had fridges in the rooms!

karters*mom
02-10-2008, 09:38 AM
Sorry, stayed off-site w/ previous visit (condo) then used this at other amusement parks. Actually will be staying at Disney this year and was wondering if they had fridges in the rooms!

Depends on where you are staying..some have fridges..some do not!

We are staying at All-Star sports....which is a value resort...and we do not have a fridge..but can rent one for $10 a day!

jaw737373
02-10-2008, 10:01 AM
So, let me get this straight. They do have drinking fountains in the parks.
You can get your bottle filled with water and ice from the stands??
Is it only ice you can refill??

Twitterpated Dad
02-10-2008, 07:21 PM
Never had a problem.

Perhaps you should check out this thread: :scared1:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1517165

drinking fountain = baby bidet :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

mrstomrice
02-10-2008, 08:08 PM
So, let me get this straight. They do have drinking fountains in the parks.
You can get your bottle filled with water and ice from the stands??
Is it only ice you can refill??

You can get a cup of ice water from any counter service restaurant at any park:)

momof1+1+2
06-24-2008, 09:51 PM
I thought I read on another post (of course I can't find it now) that people ship water in advance to their hotel. Has anyone ever done this or heard about it?

mrstomrice
06-25-2008, 04:14 AM
We shipped ours from Staples last year, with free whipping with my teacher's reward card. It was about $14.00 to have 2 cases sent. Other's have used Costco as well. We may order 1 case for our Aug trip, but with the free ice water at CS, I'm not so sure we'll bother this year.

bgirl29
06-25-2008, 06:33 AM
Argh, cannot find the OP that I am looking for, does anyone know of delivery services, is it just Garden grocer?

This OP is good too, thanks.

Are you looking for other food delivery services? I believe besides gardengrocer.com there is wegoshop and I believe one of the grocery stores, (it might be goodings) delivers too.

Hope this helps.

momof1+1+2
06-25-2008, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the response! I just looked at Garden Grocer (just a glance). The pricing seemed very reasonable. Thanks again.

ZoZo
06-26-2008, 04:43 PM
Just ask for a cup of ice water at any counter service restaurant. You can refill your bottle with good-tasting, cold water. It sure beats lugging around multiple bottles of water, or stashing them in a locker and having to go get one.

Many days, I just ask for CS ice water and don't even refill my bottle. I just drink the water directly from the cup and toss the cup in a trash can.