PDA

View Full Version : Why do YOU love Disney so much???

MouseFan71
02-08-2008, 08:39 AM
I'm a Disney fanatic and just feel so great when I'm actually at Walt Disney World or even in the process of planning a Disney vacation. They just do such a great job at making it really feel magical. I can't put my finger on any one thing I love, I guess it's just the fact that I feel 7 years old again when I'm there. Just curious, why do you love it?

DJ Disney Kid
02-08-2008, 08:51 AM
Because I think of it as Walts last gift to us. He showed us what to do by building Disneyland, then bought all that Florida land before his passing and its kinda like him saying "Here, now you people do it." And all of us as a society have worked to keep this place going. We feel that its important enough in our culture not to let it "die".

Disneydd2
02-08-2008, 08:54 AM
I'm a Disney fanatic and just feel so great when I'm actually at Walt Disney World or even in the process of planning a Disney vacation. They just do such a great job at making it really feel magical. I can't put my finger on any one thing I love, I guess it's just the fact that I feel 7 years old again when I'm there. Just curious, why do you love it?

You got it exactly right. I feel like a kid again. Disney World is just so imaginative, and friendly, and creative, and beautiful, and inspiring, and fun, and immersive, and awesome, and safe, and enjoyable, and hilarious, and scary (Tower or Terror:) ), and loving, and nostalgic, and exciting, and relaxing, and sincere, and, well, just magical.

I really enjoyed going with my family as a child. And I've really enjoyed taking my family as a grown-up child. Disney is family.

I think Walt would be proud.

earthelves
"Its Such A Happy Place":) :) :) :)

TTFN:cool1:

Lizzy Lemon
Because its a magical place, leaves you to come home with happy memories and the fact that you can escape from the horrors in the news that surround you in everyday life and in ours and many other families relieves the pressure of having a special needs child as you know at Disney they are treated well in most cases.

jadedbeauty14304
02-08-2008, 09:00 AM
I love Disney World so much because it is an escape into an alternate universe where everyone you come into contact with is happy to see you. Sometimes life is hard, and having a place where you feel like everything is just right... well it is priceless.

JenSop
02-08-2008, 09:00 AM
My first trip was when I was 8 years old. I still remember standing by the castle watching the fireworks; When You Wish Upon a Star was playing, and I just felt so wonderful; everything was magical - I actually was so moved that I cried even as an 8 yr. old. After that I was hooked. :wizard:

We went on several trips after that with my grandparents. They always let me help with planning and preperation. I was a bit of a nerd and would spend time memorizing the park maps and information books. (At the time it was only MK and Epcot - at least for the first few times.) I really cherish those trips. My grandfather passed away in '96 and our Disney trips are some of my best memories with us all together.

Then as an adult, DH and I went to WDW for our honeymoon and again for our fifth anniversary. So it's special for us together, too. We're going with my parents and grandmother this July as new DVC members. All the excessive planning (love it!) makes me feel like I'm nine years old again, helping to make a great trip for all! :grouphug:

I love WDW!:love:

wdwfanatic80
02-08-2008, 09:01 AM
For me it has just been how it makes me feel. I can't really describe it, but when I get there from the moment I pull through the Welcome Sign, I just feel this special feeling sweep over me and it stays that way until the day we pull away. And now it is even more special that I have experienced it for the first time through my dd2's eyes. She has been four times before this past trip, but this time she was at a magical age and it was just AWESOME! I can't wait to get back!!

MouseFan71
02-08-2008, 09:17 AM
I'm loving these answers. I never went to Disney as a child, my first visit was on my honeymoon in 1995, I immediately feel in love with it. I love that I can take my children there and hopefully they will continue the tradition with their children someday.

msmouse
02-08-2008, 09:24 AM
Some people "get it", some don't. You people do. It is the only place that I feel totally at peace. It's not the rides, it's not the food, although both are very importanat to me. It is how I feel when I am there. The closest I have come to that feeling is standing on the beach looking at the waves coming in from the Gulf. It comes close, but nothing else compares. I am so fortunate to have a sister that feels the same as I do. We travel there together often. My son loves it as much as we do, but his job does not allow frequent trips. Our times there together are priceless.

bettyann29
02-08-2008, 09:32 AM
For me its just the way it makes me feel while Im there.. For that amount of time, whether its 4 days or 7 days or however long.. Seeing that castle for the first time every trip or walking down Main Street.. even just seeing the smiles on the faces of the CM's.. I really do believe they enjoy being there too!

My family never got to travel when I was younger as there was no money and there were so many of us.. so now as an adult I enjoy traveling and I enjoy being able to give that to my children and hope that as they grow they can do that for their children..

We make sacrifices to be able to travel like we do, but its what we enjoy doing..

We actually just got back and while our trip was nice, it just didnt seem magical.. our grandbaby was sick almost the entire time and I came back with the flu and have been in bed for almost this entire week.. Me and DH were planning on going back in May but on Sunday I told him that I think I want to wait til December as we are going then also.. guess what?? Tuesday I booked our trip for May and the excitement is back.. I guess it was just a funk from being sick.. :rotfl:

GrowingUpDisney
02-08-2008, 09:39 AM
It is really hard to explain - especially to people who haven't known me all my life. My family is extremely close and we used to visit Disney World nearly every year for New Years...I"m talking mom, dad, sis, me, grandparents, aunt, uncle, 3 cousins! We always had a ball and I think I am just drawn to Disney for that very reason. Most of my childhood memories are from Disney. I remember riding Dumbo with my mom. I remember seeing Mickey and my heart just racing. I remember one night winning a drawing for my entire family to have a FREE steak dinner at our resort. When I think of Disney - I think of my family and all those memories that make me feel so warm inside. I want that for my children. I want to take my children to Disney every year if possible - and at least every other year with their cousins (my sis and her dh & kids) and their Nana and Papa. I want to create those memories with them that they will take with them forever.

You can't explain it to "non-Disney" people. They don't get it. Even my own dh doesn't understand...but he knows I love it and knows there are memories for me there that cannot be erased and allows me to love it. (He is coming around :thumbsup2)

Dawn68PA
02-08-2008, 09:44 AM
I never went as a kid either. First trip I was 25ish. I fell in love immediately. It's the only place we have ever vacationed that I've had no complaints, feel well taken care of and totally relaxed. Each time I now see the castle, the little girl in me still stands there in awe. :goodvibes

ObsessedwiththeMouse
02-08-2008, 09:56 AM
I love Disney because it feels like "home" to me. It's the one place where I feel like I belong. I don't have a care in the world when I'm there. It's so magical and I feel so relaxed when I'm there.

Ever hear of the Daughtry song called "Home"? When I hear that song, I think about going back to Disney...(except for the "costing a thing part"....LOL)

bsjs0708
02-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Well for me it is mostly the nostalgia. Being born and raised in So.Cal. our dad would take the family on yearly(sometimes twice a year) to DL. He would get sooo excited and we always had such a MAGICAL time. Sitting on main street and watching the sun go down and the whole street transform when the lights came on is something dad always loved to do. Dad died 6 years ago and I found out AFTER he died that when Walt had the street lamps installed he had comissioned SOuthern California Edison for some of the work and dad was on the team. :cheer2: GO DAD!!!! Anyway all things DISNEY bring me a sense of nostalgia and reminds me of Dad and those VERY special trips to DL.

LadyTrampScamp&Angel
02-08-2008, 10:17 AM
I love Disney because:

I always wanted to go to Disneyland as a child but never got to. It's the fulfillment of a childhood dream.

Now that I have kids myself, my own family, it's a place we can all enjoy together, bond over, make memories that will last all our lives. You know the tag line - "priceless".

Because the above reason was exactly what Walt wanted when he created Disneyland. I admire his drive, creativity, vision and purpose so much.

It's an escape from the real world.

Our annual Disney trip is a family tradition.

Even if everything isn't 100% perfect when we are there (my biggest complaints are heat and crowds but what are ya going to do?) it's a better all encompassing customer service experience than I've received just about anywhere.

I love that every sense is stimulated by design, on so many levels. You can take it as pure entertainment, you can be intellectually stimulated by all the creativity, the engineering and imagination it takes to make it all work just right . . .

I love that it touches on the possiblity of a world the way you'd want it to be, and they help you believe in good.

And it's just fun! There is something for everyone, of all ages.

I'm sure I could come up with more reasons, but that's off the top of my head!

MickeyMouseMomofSix
02-08-2008, 10:33 AM
I never got to go to WDW as a kid, as much as I wished I could. My first trip to WDW was in 2004 at age 23! I had such a magical time, it was more than I had even dreamed of. I could just let go of all the stresses of daily life, and all the bad stuff going on in the world, and just be a kid again where life has no worries. Seeing it all thru the eyes of my kids makes it even more special for me. And not everyone agrees with me! Some people I know think Disney is stupid, boring, kiddish, etc. They dont know what they are missing!

yulilin3
02-08-2008, 10:37 AM
BEcause you can see a Dad that in "real life" is a boring, hard-working, concerned with paying the bills adult :surfweb: dance, shimmy and shake when he's entering Adventureland, :banana: and his kids just stare in complete disbelief.:eek:
Because you can see all too cool teenage boys and girls, scream and become excited about seeing a character.
Because you escape your real life and be whatever you want to be for the day.
:woohoo:

apr9twins
02-08-2008, 10:48 AM
It's definitely the way that I feel when I get there. I get so excited I can hardly stand it! :goodvibes

My first trip was in 2001 when I was 36. My dh and I were attending a conference and it was a bonus that it was at WDW - neither of us had ever been, we knew absolutely nothing about it - we were just really excited to be there. We went to EPCOT one afternoon and entered through the International Gateway - and there were characters hanging out just inside the gate! I couldn't believe it - I felt like I was a little kid! It was Prince John, Sherrif of Nottingham, Smee, Captain Hook and the Tweedles. It wasn't crowded at all - and I had never seen the characters in person. I had so much fun just interacting with them, getting pictures taken, etc. I could have left right then and been happy. I will never forget how I felt then - absolutely no cares, stress, lines...nothing. Just totally immersed in the magic of it all.

Later when we were in the World Showcase area I was in a gift shop buying film and I heard music...I looked at the cashier and said "what is that?" and she said it was the double decker bus with Mickey Mouse on it (I don't remember the name of it). I just looked at dh and he said "I'll finish this - you go" - and I ran out of the store and over to where the bus had parked. It was so funny... (I'm not much of a runner! :rotfl2: )

Now we have almost 6 year old twins and to experience the parks through them is incredible. I love watching them on the rides, interacting with characters, watching the shows, etc. I am so glad that we've been been fortunate enough to be able to share it with them. :cloud9:

madthemouse
02-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Like most people who have visited WDW, and have their own memories, so do I. Something that I started when my daughter was just 4 years old, is celebrating her birthday at WDW every May.

I remember asking my daughter a few years ago, "If she would like to take a break from visiting WDW". I enjoyed her response, "Going to WDW is like, looking forward to celebrating Christmas, it's something that you expect to do". So here we are, looking forward to our 14th visit this spring.

It's nice to escape the "Real" world, and to enter into the World of Walt Disney.

labattblue
02-08-2008, 11:05 AM
To me it is the uniqueness that allows WDW to stand apart from other vacation destinations.

Considering what WDW has meant to Florida tourism(Orlando in particular) over the last 30-40 years, I'm surprised that the state of Florida or city of Orlando don't "sponsor" an attraction at one of the parks.:)

lorli
02-08-2008, 11:07 AM
When I'm at Disney I get to be a kid. I wasn't much of one when I was actually one and it feels so go to be at Disney wearing my Mickey ears, getting excited about seeing characters, and riding rides. I guess I'm actually getting my childhood as an adult and I get to go with my very best friends in the whole world dh and dd. There is nothing better than being a kid with your own kid. For now I have dream about my next visit, not 'til August.:sad2:

YesMickey
02-08-2008, 12:47 PM
I agree, I am a 36 yr old married man with a DS4 and DD7. We went twice when I was a kid, when I was about 5-6 and we took a small camper, (we were not rich) and stayed at Ft. Wilderess and my brother (10-11) and I sat in the back of the truck the whole way. It took us two days to get there and two days to get back. This was not a very memorable trip for me. We went in the summer and the truck had a camper shell. We went again when I was about 12 and my brother was 16-17 and really did not want to go (girls and everything). We stayed at a Days Inn or something and since my brother was driving then, all he wanted to do was drive around to other hotels to find girls. Not real memorable either. So as an adult and married I thought it was strange that people my age would get married and go to WDW for their honeymoon.:confused: I would tell my wife, "why are they going to WDW?" Then we had our children and I still really did not want to go, I guess from the experiences I had as a child and the fact, I had no idea of the different parks and resorts that were added. The last time I went as a kid EPCOT was half way completed. So then In Aug. 2005 Hurricane Katrina hit and It changed my life. I realized my kids need to go to DW. So I planned it as soon as I got back to work, We Went in April 06 and I was hooked, mainly by the looks on my kids faces DS2, DD5 at the time. I was not schooled on how to do it all and we missed alot and spent too much money. So we went back in Dec. 06 again the week before Christmas and it was even better, but my DS was too short to ride anything and he cried often. So I said we will go back when he is taller. So we planned another trip for Mardi Gras 08. It was perfect. The cheapest time to go, small crowds, great weather. It was going to be perfect. We get there SAt. from flying all morning, take a nap, then go eat and go to the P&PP. No crowds, no lines, everybody rides everything as many times as we like, parade up close, fireworks, great!!! Then wake up Sunday, great day stay at EPCOT for illuminations, ride soarin and test track each twice. great day. Go to bed and my son says "I'm cold" and he coughs terribly all night and has 102fever in the morning. We have to leave Monday morning to get him home as he is asthmatic, and lose Monday and Tuesday. I think it hit me the hardest having to leave suddenly after planning so much and looking forward to it. We surprised my kids and they did not know where we were going until we got on the magical express. So I right know I am planning for next Mardi Gras to go back, because there is no place else I would rather go. So for being long winded.

diskids2
02-08-2008, 12:50 PM
Because when I am there my family does not fight and that is like a small piece of heaven.

KorieDWnut
02-08-2008, 12:55 PM
You know, that is a really good question, but it is one I just really can't answer.

I like to think that it really IS the happiest place on earth. I am always happy there. At home, I get easily irritated and I always stressed out. When I am in WDW I feel totally carefree. I don't think of bills or school or work. I just have FUN.

But I do know people who feel that a trip to WDW is chaotic and miserable, so I guess it is subjective.

I feel like everything there is magic. While I know deep inside that it is a corporation, a business to make money, they do a wonderful job in making me feel important, that Disney cares about me feeling the magic and being happy and special.

I just love it. It is like no place else in the world.

NMAmy
02-08-2008, 01:06 PM
My parents took us a couple of times when we were kids but it was just for day trips. I loved it but wanted to stay longer.

I didn't go again until dd was about 4. That's when I really fell in love with DL and WDW--seeing it through her eyes. I love being able to lose all our cares for a week.

Now she's 17 and I love it because it's one place I know she'll hold my hand and call me Mommy. :love:

DH loves it because it makes dd and I so happy.

Peepster
02-08-2008, 01:19 PM
I agree, I am a 36 yr old married man with a DS4 and DD7. We went twice when I was a kid, when I was about 5-6 and we took a small camper, (we were not rich) and stayed at Ft. Wilderess and my brother (10-11) and I sat in the back of the truck the whole way. It took us two days to get there and two days to get back. This was not a very memorable trip for me. We went in the summer and the truck had a camper shell. We went again when I was about 12 and my brother was 16-17 and really did not want to go (girls and everything). We stayed at a Days Inn or something and since my brother was driving then, all he wanted to do was drive around to other hotels to find girls. Not real memorable either. So as an adult and married I thought it was strange that people my age would get married and go to WDW for their honeymoon.:confused: I would tell my wife, "why are they going to WDW?" Then we had our children and I still really did not want to go, I guess from the experiences I had as a child and the fact, I had no idea of the different parks and resorts that were added. The last time I went as a kid EPCOT was half way completed. So then In Aug. 2005 Hurricane Katrina hit and It changed my life. I realized my kids need to go to DW. So I planned it as soon as I got back to work, We Went in April 06 and I was hooked, mainly by the looks on my kids faces DS2, DD5 at the time. I was not schooled on how to do it all and we missed alot and spent too much money. So we went back in Dec. 06 again the week before Christmas and it was even better, but my DS was too short to ride anything and he cried often. So I said we will go back when he is taller. So we planned another trip for Mardi Gras 08. It was perfect. The cheapest time to go, small crowds, great weather. It was going to be perfect. We get there SAt. from flying all morning, take a nap, then go eat and go to the P&PP. No crowds, no lines, everybody rides everything as many times as we like, parade up close, fireworks, great!!! Then wake up Sunday, great day stay at EPCOT for illuminations, ride soarin and test track each twice. great day. Go to bed and my son says "I'm cold" and he coughs terribly all night and has 102fever in the morning. We have to leave Monday morning to get him home as he is asthmatic, and lose Monday and Tuesday. I think it hit me the hardest having to leave suddenly after planning so much and looking forward to it. We surprised my kids and they did not know where we were going until we got on the magical express. So I right know I am planning for next Mardi Gras to go back, because there is no place else I would rather go. So for being long winded.

YesMickey, I loved your post! Thanks for taking the time to share. You're creating some very special memories for your kids that will pay off forever. I hope your kids stay well on your next trip and you have many more magical trips to the house of Mouse.

I love all of the reasons and feel much the same as many of you. I'l be celebrating my 31st trip to the World in June and am just as excited as I was the first time. My parents are gone now, but every time I walk through the train tunnel, enter the square and see the castle I feel them in my heart.

vacationman
02-08-2008, 01:31 PM
Unlike the real world, at WDW:

You donít have to be handsome or pretty to be treated as someone special by the Cast Members;

You donít have to act your age;

You can find out about many different cultures by either observing others or, better yet, interacting with others Ė especially the folks working in their countryís pavilion in the World Showcase;

As your kids grow older, they continue to find a whole new set of things they love there;

You can relax or spaz out Ė itís your choice;

You can enjoy rides, attractions, and restaurants that are themed with tremendous attention to detail;

Staying at an on-site resort can be its own vacation;

The transportation Ė boats, trains and monorail - is even fun;

Its good exercise;

There is always something new to explore (and even exploring the older stuff usually reveals surprises);

Once your kids are mature enough, you can give them some space without having too many worries;

If something goes wrong, WDW actually cares to try and make it right;

and

Sometimes, for no reason at all, a Cast Member does something so special that you canít help but love the place. For example, when my youngest daughter was about seven years old, she and I were holding down a good location on the curb on Main Street for a parade. With little to do, she began making a Mickey with some sugar packets from a restaurant. When a CM came up with a broom and dustpan, I feared he would say that he needed to sweep it up. But, he asked what she was making. When she explains that it was a Mickey head, he said it was great and said that Disney liked to reward artists. After asking what her favorite ice cream flavor was, he left and came back with a free sundae for my daughter. No where else but WDW!

MickeyNicki
02-08-2008, 02:05 PM
Because I can feel like a kid again without any responsibilities!

joan4mickey
02-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Wow great stuff...

One reason is that it is an easy vacation to plan (only easier vacation is the disney cruise). I have planned all or family vacations from cross county camping to beach trips and more-

I remember my first trip to Disneyland with my mother, brother and great aunt. The thing I remember most is seeing Tinkerbell fly from the castle. I was about 4 or 5 years old and I can so clearly remember that today more than 40 years later.

I get so excited when approaching a ride or event that I almost start to run and teens are telling me to slow down-I just can't help it the excitement starts building in me.:wizard: I love that excitement. :flower3:

PoppyGirl
02-08-2008, 03:25 PM
....because I'm sort of a serious person in "real life" but when I'm at Disney, I find my playful inner child and it's ok.

MouseFan71
02-08-2008, 03:37 PM
These posts are amazing, I just love reading about everyone's experiences and yes, a few have made be tear up. Disney fans are the BEST!!! Keep the posts coming, I look forward to reading more!!

madthemouse
02-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Something that I left out in an earlier post, that Tom Robbins wrote at the end of his book (Still Life with Woodpecker).

"You're never to old...to have a happy childhood" :tigger:

Which is exactly how I feel when visiting WDW.

TCKK
02-08-2008, 04:25 PM
I really can't tell you why I love Disney so much. The first time I went, Disney World wasn't even built yet. As I remember, they just had a building to go in and they told you all about the Magic Kingdom and I remember we bought a book that had pictures and stuff. I think I was hooked then because I remember spending a lot of time reading and looking at that book. :) Then my parents won a trip through my dad's business and the 2 of them went and stayed at the Contemporary and went to the Magic Kingdom. (MK and Contempory were the only things there then) They loved it so much, they took us later that summer for a day or so. I probably was in Junior High or High School. I can't remember. Since then I've gone back many many times. Anytime someone was going and they invited me, I was gone like a shot. Then when I married at age 31, turns out my husband loves it as much as me. We'd go back every other year or so. Then when the girls came along, we took them. The 1st time was when they were around 3 & 6. They loved it and we've been going back about every 2 or 3 years since. My oldest is 16 now and says when she gets married she's going there for her honeymoon. She says she's going to have to find a guy that loves Disney as much as she does. I think it's great when we get there, the girls don't worry about being cool, they just want to have fun. I think no matter how old we are, we can all act like we're kids at Disney.

a Really Bad Egg
02-08-2008, 04:27 PM
The magic.

dawminatrix
02-08-2008, 04:30 PM
i like it so much, because people are generally happy to be there. Even when DH and I just resort hop, we have the most wonderful conversations with random people.

I even blogged about it last year :)
http://naptimeblogger.blogspot.com/2007/09/why-do-we-love-disney-world.html

properlywarnedyebe
02-08-2008, 04:32 PM
The smells:
Like after it rains-Disney Rain, or the smell of boat water on It's small world & splash mountain. The smell of smoke in Pirates or in Spaceship Earth or the smell of the cold air & fruits & veggies In "the land", the smell of popcorn, and funnel cake & chocolate and baked goods, the smell of the shops on main street, the smell of the hotel room, the smell of "Mexico" on the boat ride, the musty smell of HM, the smell of Boma, or the smell of the morning by the pool, or the smell of Fireworks, it's all a comfort. One that stays in your memory. Aliciapirate:

misscrossbee
02-08-2008, 04:35 PM
I love it because....

It's a place that encourages you to be dreamy and young and to use your imagination and to believe that anything you imagine can become reality.

It's a place that feels immune to the ills of the outside world to the point where you can forget that it even exists. And you can forget your own worries for a while as well.

It's where I had the best holiday of my entire life - when my parents (who live in America) and my boyfriend (who lives here in the UK) first met and got along swimmingly and we went home with fantastic memories. Also adding to that happiness was the fact I was so worried my boyfriend would hate WDW, as he's a bit of serious sort, and was overjoyed when he loved it as much as I did.

I love that the people who created it - and who continue to build and improve on it - have gone to such lengths to make people happy that they think nothing of putting the most tremendous thought and effort into the smallest details.

I appreciate that it's a place where - for the most part - nothing is too much trouble for the 'customer'. CMs, by and large, are always friendly, enthusiastic and kind - and always smiling.

I love it because my parents love it - even though they're in their early 60s. My dad even has a tattoo of Goofy - his first one ever, which he got for his 60th birthday.

And I love it because it makes you feel special and inspires others to do special things - a stranger giving a crying child a pin, a CM going beyond the call of duty, a husband surprising his wife with a romantic meal, a character stopping by your table at the Garden Grille... even just standing in the shadow of the castle, the place has the knack of making you feel like you're 'somebody' and that someone thought you were so special that they put it all together just to make you happy.

Snow Shoe
02-08-2008, 04:38 PM
For me, it's in the magic of walking down Main Street and then I start remembering watching Walt on TV at night, the orginal Mickey Mouse Club with Cuby, Susan (I had a crush on her), Jimmy, and the rest of the group, watching on TV the opening of Disneyland, and so much more. Every time I walk into the MK I feel like I'm coming home. I guess it's the child in me remembering all the "good feelings of my childhood" coming back to me and getting that warm fuzzy feeling. It is trully a Magical Place!

BabyPiglet
02-08-2008, 04:39 PM
I get to escape into a different place where horrible things don't happen. I feel like that's my life when I'm there. Just getting up and going to the parks to ride rides, what a life! I'm in a fantasyland.

And I love how I feel like a 6 year old again.

disneymomof2boyz
02-08-2008, 04:39 PM
We love Disney because it has a special place in our hearts. We spent our Disneymoon there, and it was the first time that we stayed on site. Since then, Disney has been truly magical to us. I had been to Disney 2 or 3 times before my Disneymoon, but only after did we become fanatics.:)
We want to renew of vows there one day, maybe our 20th anniversary...I have 14 years to plan..lol:)

roselark
02-08-2008, 04:47 PM
I love WDW because it is one of the few places I feel like I can be myself and not feel self conscious. The only place I feel as comfortable as I do at WDW is in my own home.

doriemg
02-08-2008, 04:47 PM
This is an awesome thread! I'm glad to know there's others out there like me. I love Disney because I feel completely safe and relaxed when I'm there. Ya know, that MAGIC feeling. You see things and experience things that you don't normally come across. I'm always in a constant state of amazement when I'm at Disney. Another reason for me is that I have motion sickness yet there's still so much I can ride, and see, and do when I'm in the parks. Many of their rides are thrilling but not thrill rides in the sense of the word.

We try to take a trip to Disney once a year but no longer than a 2 year span between trips. I have a co-worker who used to make fun of me for spending my vacations in Disneyworld. She's NOT one of the ones who "gets it". Her comment was "Why do you always go there. After you go one time there's nothing else new to do." I put her in her place by saying "You go to the beach every year, don't you? Why? Because after you go the first time there's nothing else new to do." I haven't heard a peep out of her since. Now I tell people that some people are beach people and go to the beach every summer but we're Disney people and go to Disneyworld every year.

lindrew
02-08-2008, 09:45 PM
It is very hard to explain,

But I cry when the "Good Morning" song starts at MK early in the morning.
I feel giddy when I hug a character.
I am nervous and my heart is beating a million miles a minute when I meet Mickey at Toon Town.
I plan for our disney vacation at least a year in advance.
I can't imagine going anywhere else. Where else would you go?
It is so magical, you truly feel like a princess.

pigletforever
02-08-2008, 09:52 PM
For me it is the warm fuzzy feeling I get while I am there. I feel like nothing can hurt me or my family. We are there to be together and make memories. When I walk off the plane at MCO I feel all the problems lift and I am able to be a kid for a while. I forget about bills, school, sons health problems. I get that easy carefree feeling. I get those feelings just sitting here typing this remembering our last trip for my oldest son's graudation.

Lcaemom
02-08-2008, 10:47 PM
OMG Lindrew...

I get all teary eyed when I think about standing outside the gates of the MK listening to the Good Morning song. When we were there in December and we heard that song and the train pulled in with all the characters...I got all filled up and found myself actually crying when we walked through the gates...I can't explain why that is either...but, I know exactly what you mean!

Somnia
02-08-2008, 10:54 PM
While I'm at Disney nothing else matters. The stressful work life and everything at home disappears for the short time I'm there. On top of that my childhood comes rushing back to me and its just a feeling you can't really describe, but I'm sure most of you here know what I'm talking about.

I couldn't go last year due to switching jobs, but I'm finally going back in May with my Mom and Grandma...trying to get Grandma down there one last time since she's getting up there and starting to forget things a little bit..nothing too bad yet, but I want to get her there one last time before it gets worse. Plus she's never stayed on site or gone to any of the Disney restaurants so I'm going all out for her :goodvibes

solgent
02-08-2008, 11:47 PM
Haven't read all the posts....Here are my thoughts...

I visited WDW and DL as a kid and young adult several times. Never for long and we didn't stay onsite. But those days were so memorable. When I go now, there are plenty of new and exciting things to do but my old favorites are there too. I think of it this way, wealthy families like the Bushes have Kennebunkport to return to every year. We have WDW. It's a home away from home, a place that is fun and exciting but familiar and comforting at the same time. That is a great combination! Each visit brings up all the memories of previous visits (after my visits earlier in my life, we went as a family 6 times in one year as FL residents, and then after we moved out of FL and 6 years had passed, we became DVC members and have visited 3 times in 2 years) and creates new memories for future visits, so our experience gets richer every time.

Basically, here is a company whose mission is for you to have a good time. They pour a lot of resources into your enjoyment. So, sign me up for that!

Stitches glitch
02-09-2008, 02:30 AM
Everyone has such great stories!
:tink:
I went to Disneyland and WDW as a young kid, then we couldn't afford to go anymore. Had my son when I was young (16), and always wished that one day I could be blessed enough to take him to DL because you know, all parents want to be able to take their children to places like that. Well, in 2005 when my son was already 10 years old I finally was in a position to be able to afford to take him. So, I suprised him at Christmas and we drove out there for 4 days. The first time we walked through the gates of DL we both just froze in amazement. We had finally made it to the place that we had only talked about "someday" going. WOW!! That was a big deal for us, and I was never really a "disney" person- just a theme park person in general. But, tears came to my eyes, and I asked my son where do you want to go first? His reply was not any of the faster thrill attractions that I had expected- it was the tea cups! So off we went and had a blast from that moment on for our entire vacation! 6 months after that I sent for my mother, younger brother and sister to come visit over the summer (2006)- they live in Denver and I in Phoenix and we drove out to DL because I wanted to give them the same feeling that I got when I took my son. We had so much fun, my mom was handicapped, and was in a wheelchair but everyone was so friendly and helpful with us. Little did I know at that time that it would be the last time I saw my mother, she passed away just before Christmas 2007. I am thankful that the last memory I have of her was at Disney with our whole family. I can't wait until I can take my son to WDW so that we can experience the magic of seeing it together for the very first time. Sorry- I know my post was long!

princezB
02-09-2008, 08:05 AM
I guess I:love: love:love: Disney so much because it makes me forget all the stress:scared: from the outside world. I can have the worst day at work and the minute I start talking about my upcoming vacation to other people I instantly feel giddy.:goodvibes :cloud9:

I didn't have the opportunity to go Disney when I was small. The first time there I was 16 and on a school trip. I didn't actually get to go with family (mom and little sister, first time for both!) until I was 25. They I am going this year with just my mom and I'm so EXCITED!!!! :yay: :woohoo: :yay:

My mom wants to vacation other places and see other things but one thing is for sure, I will always be the Disney fanatic in my house. :ccat: :donald: :sulley: :tigger: :mickeyjum

kikiV
02-09-2008, 08:19 AM
My DH thinks I'm crazy. I think about DW everyday and since I discovered disboards I can live it everyday too. I don't know why I love it so much. I think I even love the planning more than the actual vacation (I'm soooo tired while I'm there). My DH wants to go to the islands now, after 8 years at DW in a row, but I can't imagine not going. I always think maybe I should move to Celebration and work at DW.:yay:

MouseFan71
02-10-2008, 04:20 PM
I feel like I always need to have a Disney vacation in the works. As soon as we get back from Disney I start planning our next trip, it drives my hubby crazy. He loves Disney but not like I do!! This past December we traveled with a friend of mine who's a single mom and she flipped over Disney. She is on a pretty tight budget but has vowed to make Disney an annual thing for her kids. Now I just need find her a single guy who loves Disney as much as she does, a DVC membership wouldn't hurt either, haha!!!! I agree with others who have posted that the planning is as much fun as the actual vacation.

TinkerKel
02-10-2008, 04:58 PM
For me it's that Disney has always held such great memories for me. My family went a lot for vacations when I was growing up, and it was always great. Instead of a party, we spent 4 days at WDW to celebrate my 16th Birthday - and it was on that trip that I learned about the College Program. Then, when I finally went to CP 4 years later, I was lucky enough to meet my husband!! Since then, I've been back to the World many times. I love everything about it, the magic of the parks, the resorts and the restaurants. WDW is my #1 vacation destination b/c of the wonderful times it always brings.princess:

skipperkim
02-10-2008, 05:01 PM
Why do I love Disney so much??

It's a total escape from reality. Why else would they have a fantasyland??? :rotfl:

Like many others have said, I always wanted to go as a kid. My parents didn't share this same idea though. :confused3 In 2003, I went for the first time. It was a once in a lifetime trip, 10 days in a DVC on the gold plan. After checking in we had our own private limo to MK, most of you would call it a bus. ;) Since there were only the four of us, my traveling party for that trip, I refer to it as our private limo. But then we had our own private limo another day as well to Epcot.

Disney is exhilarating and relaxing altogether. From the excitement of Wishes by Cindy's to time in the hot tub while viewing some of Illuminations, its truly a "dream come true" vacation. Where else can you have breakfast with a Princess, lunch with a bear, and dinner with a mouse? Possibly the main reason I love Disney is that it takes me back to a moment in time when life was simplier, one where you didn't worry when your child went to play outside if someone would kidnap them or if they could be shot by a stray bullet.

steffali
02-10-2008, 05:44 PM
I have been going to WDW with my family for years and I have so many great childhood memories. Now that I am an adult I enjoy going and seeing my daughter have so much fun. I always feel like our problems go away and we are there to enjoy the MAGIC of it all!!!! pixiedust:

BamaFan121s
02-10-2008, 05:46 PM
I love Disney because there is something for everyone--its a vacation spot where almost my entire family can agree on and enjoy together. It's easy to hop on Disney transportation and navigate the whole area. My family can split up and rejoin each other later and as many times as I've been, we are still doing new things each time and finding out things we never knew before.

mousescrapper
02-10-2008, 07:20 PM
There are so many great stories here....what more could I add?

I love the story of the woman who traveled in a camper for 2 days, and the stories of people finally going as an adult and loving it, stories of re-living childhood memories through your own kids eyes, and the post about the smells! :goodvibes

Why do I love Disney?

I love that you can plan a trip to fit everyone's needs and loves.

I love that it's always clean and just that perfect picture of disney when you're there.

I love that it is an escape from reality even just for a week.

I love that you can't do everything everytime.

I love that you can eat a giant turkey leg, hot popcorn, mickey shaped pancakes and ice cream all in the same day and not gain a pound....

I love seeing the castle for the "first time" everytime.

I love sharing my trips with my friends, family, husband and children.

I love knowing I'm coming soon and we'll be back again.

I love the fact that in 2005 I cried going on IASW w/ my children (their first trip and my fav. childhood ride).

I love that I can scream, laugh, cry, get warm and fuzzy all at the same time.

And beyond all that and the un-said things. I love being there with my family and that WDW can be a safe and fun place that my DS with special needs can spend a week at and not feel lost, out of place, or unaccepted.

I love Disney. So thank you to all who love it too and thank you to Walt for his dream he gave to us to live and share.

My Disney memories:
1st trip to WDW summer 1982
1st trip to Disneyland winter 1988
Worked for the Disney Store 1993-1995
and my trips listed below.

MouseFan71
02-10-2008, 07:33 PM
Does anyone else cry when they get on the Magical Express to go home? If you ask me, it's only a "Magical" express when it's taking me to Disney, when it's taking me back to the airport it's just an express!!!

luvthemouse71
02-10-2008, 07:40 PM
I love WDW because I have fond memories of it from my childhood and my family and I continue to make more memories each time we go.

I feel like a kid again when I'm there.

I think it's great that people from all walks of life, countries, states, lifestyles have a good time there...I like meeting people from other places and striking up a conversation. Ditto for the fact that I might not agree with people here on religion, politics, sports teams etc but we all have one thing in common...we love WDW!;)

kato0627
02-10-2008, 07:41 PM
We have been DVC members since 2003. For us, our trips to Disney are the only time we can be a family with DH escaping his job. We have Dad's attention 24/7. We LOVE Disney. We LOVE talking Disney, planning Disney and going to Disney. We have been lucky to visit quite a few times since joining DVC. It is now part of our lives that just about come into conversation every day. Some of our best friends are owners as well.
Being said here before, Disney is magical. Disney is happy, Disney is vacation from the stress of life. I also find it very easy to strike up a conversation with someone who is planning, or has been to Disney. It is an icebreaker!!
We just love Disney!! And I tell people, Yes we are going again!!!:yay: :yay:

luvthemouse71
02-10-2008, 07:44 PM
The smells:
Like after it rains-Disney Rain, or the smell of boat water on It's small world & splash mountain. The smell of smoke in Pirates or in Spaceship Earth or the smell of the cold air & fruits & veggies In "the land", the smell of popcorn, and funnel cake & chocolate and baked goods, the smell of the shops on main street, the smell of the hotel room, the smell of "Mexico" on the boat ride, the musty smell of HM, the smell of Boma, or the smell of the morning by the pool, or the smell of Fireworks, it's all a comfort. One that stays in your memory. Aliciapirate:I'm into the Disney smells too...sometimes people look at me like i'm nuts when I say that!:lmao:

karen l
02-10-2008, 07:53 PM
I love going to WDW because it's not just a vacation. I get to spend time with my family at one of the most friendly & magical places on earth. I lost my DH to cancer & my kids had a very tough time seeing their Dad go through surgery, chemo, radiation, etc. The year after he passed away was the first trip for them. I think it was a turning point for us all. We had a truly magical trip & I'll never forget how happy we all were together. Walt made it so we could forget everything - all the sadness, stress & worry. We got to enjoy all the magic and we really enjoyed each other's company. My oldest DS won't be able to come this April, he's in college and can't miss classes. We're hoping to get another trip planned so he can come with us.
Going to WDW is truly the most magical vacation for us!:love:

A_NY_Outlaw
02-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Well WDW is certainly one of my "happy places". What makes it that way is a very good question. I think it's just the magic that it makes you feel, knowing the history, knowing the hard work Walt Disney put into making his dreams become reality. There is the detail that you don't experience anywhere else, from the attractions, to the resorts, to the restaurants. Disney (at least for most of us) is a special treat, and if there was a disney park in every state, it probably wouldn't be. The memories it holds, the memories it brings back, and the ability to make new memories. The castle, the monorail, the Tree of Life- all scream magic to me. As old as "the world" is, it always seems new all over again when I visit....that's what I love about WDW.

momarewethereyet?
02-11-2008, 12:01 AM
You're right...it does feel like home. There is something missing from "the other parks" and its THE MAGIC...DISNEY MAGIC! I always feel relaxed and rejuvenated, at the same time!

Super
02-11-2008, 12:03 AM
because I went when I was 9, Loved it as a kid would and then, ever since it's reminded me of how much happier I can be.

PiperPizzaz
02-11-2008, 12:22 AM
I love that it doesn't seem odd to have a old fashioned small town street ending with a giant beautiful castle.

I love that everyone turns into a screaming 8 year old on ToT.

I love that every time I go it is more fun than I remember! :goodvibes

mom2taylorandemily
02-11-2008, 12:47 AM
I love Disney because it takes me back to that place when I was little and Fairy Tales were stories that mom and dad read to me out of books. I remember singing as loud as I could when I was little to my Walt Disney albums (with songs from movies) and doing that just brought me to the place of fairies and castles and it was all a fairy tale land. Going to Disney the first time in 1992 and seeing the castle for the first time was a reminder to me that Fairy Tales can come true. We didn't go on vacations when I was little, there wasn't any money, so when I went as an adult, it was magical for me. I was hooked. Now, I've got a DH who is hooked and I'm raising 2 DDs to love Disney as well.

stashf
02-11-2008, 10:25 AM
You know I cant explain it either though I've tried as it drives my DH crazy! I went once when I was 10 yrs old and did not go back until I was 31 and took my 3 yr old dd and was hooked. The place is just so magical to me and represents all things that are good to me. I go there and no matter how much may be going on at home I forget all those things and am able to immerse myself in this magical place with my kids. I still remember the first time watching Wishes and crying just not believing I was there and experiencing something so very beautiful. And I still cry at Holiday Illuminations and the CP every year! I thank Walt for giving us such a magical place to go with our families and loved ones. I cant imagine not having Disney in my life.

Stacey

WaltD4Me
02-11-2008, 10:48 AM
I took an unexpected trip to Orlando last week, short notice, cheap airfare, opportunity too good to pass up kinda thing. We didn't stay on Disney property (a first for me) but we went to DTD one night and to MK for Pirate and Princess party one day. The SECOND I was on Disney property I just felt so happy so relaxed. We had a good time doing other things too (Sea World and we saw the shuttle launch from Kennedy) but nothing feels like being at Disney. When we were at MK I just kept thinking I couldn't believe I was there. I've never done a spur of the moment trip and it was really fun. Almost surreal. You just can't beat the Disney feeling. Even my SIL
who isn't a Disney fanatic like me at ALL said our day at MK was truly magical. Very high praise from her. I'll never know exactly how they do it, but Disney never gets old, never gets boring, and always manages to convey the magic.

I've always wanted to go to Sea World, but never made it previous trips, and while I enjoyed it, I can't see going back anytime soon, I sort of feel like, ok, I've seen it, it was nice, but nothing great to bring me back. Whereas I could go back to Disney tomorrow, even though I've been 5 times in 3 1/2 years.

MouseFan71
02-11-2008, 10:58 AM
I wonder if Walt really knew how wonderful his vision was, I wonder if he would be surprised to see millions of people from all over the world coming together to enjoy what he created or if he expected it. I'm still amazed every time I enter WDW, it always feels like the first time.
I love that my children can go to Epcot and learn about different countries and cultures, it's the only place you can visit the UK, Canada, Italy and China all in the same day and then follow it up with a trip to Mars at Mission Space.
Disney has even made waiting in line fun, they have pretty much thought of every detail. No other park can compare in my opinion. I hope my children have the desire and the means to carry on this wonderful tradition when they are older. It makes me sad that my parents and sisters really have no desire to visit Disney, they think I'm a little crazy for bringing my 3 children every year. Some people just don't get it!!!

danny1649
02-11-2008, 11:14 AM
I feel just like kid again over and over the magic just grows stonger for me with each trip.:goodvibes :goodvibes Danny

MouseFan71
02-11-2008, 02:49 PM
bump

jarrdisney
02-11-2008, 02:56 PM
There are so many reasons that people on this thread have touched on. I could probably state to you about 100 reasons why I love WDW so much, but my #1 is as follows.

I believe WDW is a state of mind. It is the only place on earth where people from all walks of life, race, creed, etc can come together and be treated equal. Not only is everyone treated equal, but they are treated with more respect and love than anywhere else. It is a complete ideal world view that can not replicated anywhere else. For a couple months after 9/11 I believe we came close to this relationship with eachother, but most people abandoned it very quickly. WDW is that place for me, where 99% of the people there are happy and want to share it with you. They smile and say HI. People go out of their way to be nice to each other. If only we could be more that way in our everyday lives, this world would be a much better place.

MickMick
02-11-2008, 06:21 PM
First, memories...Old ones (family vacations) and new ones.

Second, Disney is such a clean park and just all around beautiful.

Dis93
02-11-2008, 07:36 PM
I love disney because it represent our hopes and dreams. Where we can all release our innerchild and not have to worry about the problems. O and the smell of Rome burning in Spaceship earth

ransom
02-11-2008, 08:06 PM
I love WDW because it's the only place in the world where I don't worry.

DW's happy there, I'm happy there, and everything is good. :thumbsup2

WaltD4Me
02-12-2008, 06:39 PM
I wonder if Walt really knew how wonderful his vision was, I wonder if he would be surprised to see millions of people from all over the world coming together to enjoy what he created or if he expected it.

I often wonder this too! I often think of Walt and if he had any idea of what he was creating, the impact it would have and how it would effect so many millions of people. :goodvibes

I wonder the same thing about Elvis alot too. I wonder if either man could even concieve of how they, and what they created would still be so HUGE and influential after so many years.

Miss Mary Poppins
02-12-2008, 06:51 PM
I love Disney because in EVERY picture that is taken I look awesome! I guess I must be happy and relaxed.

labdogs42
02-12-2008, 06:56 PM
I love that there are things that are the same as when I visited Disney as a kid.
I love that Disney is predictable and also ever-changing.
I love the level of detail in everything from the walking paths to the garbage cans, to Cinderella's castle.
I love the spontaneous fun of a character experience or a run-in with PUSH the trash can.
I love the smell of popcorn in the air.
I love the anticipation of planning a trip and then the anticipation of each day in the "World".
I love trying to see how many times I can see Wishes/ride Soarin'/eat Dole Whips while I'm there.
I love coming home and planing my next trip!!

BrerRabbit_fan
02-12-2008, 09:24 PM
Most people don't get what I love about Disney. Sometimes, I don't either. It's a feeling of peace and disconnect from the rest of the world. The magic all around, soaking in the atmosphere...Priceless!

MouseFan71
02-13-2008, 08:15 PM
bump

MouseFan71
02-19-2008, 12:58 PM
Hoping to read some more great stories and memories.

tndisneyfan
02-19-2008, 01:23 PM
I love it because the whole family enjoys WDW. There is something for everyone to enjoy.

dizprincess717
02-19-2008, 01:57 PM
What a fantastic idea for a thread! :goodvibes

Let's see. Why do I love Disney?

To start, almost all of my stand-out, fantastic and best memories somehow involve Disney. I grew up on Disney. As a child, I never watched Sesame Street or Mr. Rogers. I was a Disney child, through and through. I grew up on Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty.

My first family vacation was in our first motor home to Florida where I met my Aunt Phyllis and Uncle Dave for the first time. Some of my earliest memories are at Disney World. I remember walking into the Magic Kingdom for the first time, Mickey's Starland, and SpectroMagic before the huge gaps between the floats. It was the first time to Disney World for my parents. And we returned many, many times.

I spent a Christmas at Disney World, and during that trip I finally came to realize that it was my second home.

I love the history of the parks, the charm, the atmosphere. There's NOTHING like walking down Main Street, USA past the Emporium, or around World Showcase, or hearing the screams of joy (and fear!) from Tower of Terror and, more recently, Everest.

When I did my internship, I secretly dreamed to work at Splash Mountain. During my interview, I gushed about how much I loved that ride. When I found out that I would, in fact, get the wonderful opportunity to work at Splash Mountain, I went back to Chatham Square, and in the privacy of my room, I cried. Walt must have been looking out for me.

Working at Disney World, at Splash Mountain, opened my eyes to a different side of the World. I saw backstage. I saw the things that some Guests never get to see or experience. Some things were great, some not so much.

Going to work at a place where people set out to see was unlike anything I've ever experienced. I was so grateful to walk down through the tunnels, up the elevator, and to Splash Mountain every day. I was even more grateful to impact families who were at Disney World for their first (and, for some, their ONLY) trip. There was nothing more wonderful than seeing children and adults coming off Splash Mountain with looks of sheer joy. Joy you never see while at the grocery store or driving home from work.

Just as Cast Members and Walt's vision made all of my dreams came true from many visits and the chance to work at my favorite attraction, I too made dreams come true for other guests. There was NOTHING more rewarding than walking home at the end of a 14 hour shift, knowing I'd be back in 9 hours for a 12 hour shift, than knowing that I made a child's dream come true.

Disney World is a place for people of all ages. It's a place where those jaded from every day life can once again let the child in them come out. For that reason, I am so thankful for that magical place. A place where families laugh, parents become kids again, and where the best memories are made.

That's why I love Disney World.

MouseFan71
02-19-2008, 02:50 PM
Wow, your post made me cry. My 4 year old daughter just got to ride Splash Mountain for the first time this past December, it was her FAVORITE ride.

I just love the feeling I get when I'm there with my family, like I should be nominated for Mother of the Year just because I can do this for my kids. Honestly the mom I am in Disney is the mom I wish I were all the time. I'm happy, I'm fun, my sense of humor is fantastic, I have a bounce in my step, my patience level in very high and I'm just a friendly joyful person. It doesn't take long after being home to become stressed and crabby, that's when I know it's time to start planning our next trip!!!

LadyTrampScamp&Angel
02-20-2008, 09:34 AM
dizprincess717, thanks for the wonderful post. You're the kind of CM that makes us love Disney :thumbsup2

TxMickeyLover
02-20-2008, 10:30 AM
I love Disney for many reasons.

I just visited WDW for the first time last year at 27 years old. When I walked through the tunnel under the train station and saw for the first time Main Street USA with the castle at the end, I wasn't 27 anymore. I was a little girl with no cares in the world. There is really something about the magic of Disney that, for me, makes everything else disappear. I didn't think about work or life outside of Disney the entire time I was there. I can't say that about other vacations I've taken.

Also, I love how clean the parks are, and how friendly most of the cast members are. We didn't meet a single rude cast member the entire 10 days we were there. I know they are out there, but we were very lucky in this respect. I can't say the same for other parks I've been to.

And finally, I love Disney because it's the only place in the world my hubby is excited to visit. On other vacations we've taken, I mostly choose the location, hotel, activities, etc. When we planned our last Disney vacation, as well as our upcoming one, he took an active part in the planning, and it made it that much more fun for me.

:goodvibes

fairestoneofall
02-20-2008, 10:45 AM
I love WDW because I feel like a kid again. However, I love it more now as a parent, watching the wonder and excitement on my kids' faces. That is worth more than anything to me--to see it again through a child's viewpoint.

dizprincess717
02-20-2008, 02:50 PM
Wow, your post made me cry. My 4 year old daughter just got to ride Splash Mountain for the first time this past December, it was her FAVORITE ride.

I just love the feeling I get when I'm there with my family, like I should be nominated for Mother of the Year just because I can do this for my kids. Honestly the mom I am in Disney is the mom I wish I were all the time. I'm happy, I'm fun, my sense of humor is fantastic, I have a bounce in my step, my patience level in very high and I'm just a friendly joyful person. It doesn't take long after being home to become stressed and crabby, that's when I know it's time to start planning our next trip!!!

I'm glad she enjoyed it! That's probably the thing I miss the most from my internship. Seeing kids coming off Splash Mountain for the first time was the BEST! Usually they'd turn to Mom or Dad and beg to go on again. Loved it! :goodvibes

dizprincess717, thanks for the wonderful post. You're the kind of CM that makes us love Disney :thumbsup2

This made me tear up, I won't lie. I was a member of the Dis Boards before I did my internship, so when times got tough I tried to make myself think that all the Guests were Dis Board members.

One more thing I love about Disney World that I can't believe I forgot --

Dole Whips. Heaven in a cup, I tell you.

kimluvswdw
02-23-2008, 12:49 PM
I love it there because it is a place to forget your worries, even if only for a short time.

MouseFan71
03-01-2008, 06:26 PM
I agree that at Disney you can escape the news of everyday life. You can escape the war, the politics, the horrible things happening in different cities/countries and to children, I love that we can be carefree if only for a week. We can pretend to live in a world where fairytales do come true and everyone is treated as an equal regardless of disabilites, color, religion, gender or ethnicity. I think it's great that people from different parts of the world can come together in harmony and just enjoy Walt's vision.

Disney Spaz
03-02-2008, 06:53 AM
I love it because it represents an escape from reality and into a world where everything is good. For a short while I can watch as my DS, now 17, as a little boy again, hugging Pooh and playing with Tigger. Then watch my almost 2yr old DD wave at people as she walks down mainstreet knowing that she really believes this is her kingdom and everybody came to see her. For us WDW is really where dreams come true.

MouseFan71
03-03-2008, 08:49 AM
bump

dislover415
04-24-2013, 09:58 AM
Well Ive never been to Disney World (yet! :upsidedow)

But I love the movies because they're just about happiness and joy and they can always make me feel better when I have a bad day. Disney has been there for me when no one else has and thats what makes me :love: it

BlueStarryHat
04-24-2013, 12:52 PM
I have always loved Disney, ever since the first movie I ever went to-it was a drive in so that shows my age :)- Lady and the Tramp. I just fell in love with all things Disney. I would read for hours, so my parents bought me a set of large hardcover Disney books. I don't remember what the set was called now, but I just devoured them. One of the books was dedicated to Disneyland and Walt Disney World, and I used to look at it nearly nightly, trying to imagine myself there, because my family was always broke. There was no way we could afford to go-I had to wait until 1992, when I was an adult and went with my mother...here's where the explanation gets difficult, because I can't adequately explain why I fell in love so deeply with the whole WDW experience. It was childhood, safety and security, familiarity. It was the only place I've ever traveled to where I felt like I was in another realm entirely, where the real world couldn't get at me for the magical days I was there.

Avery422
05-10-2013, 08:00 PM
Because at Disney everything ordinary becomes extraordinary!