PDA

View Full Version : Another 2008 fall trip-10/3-10/9

Disney Freak Numero Uno
02-08-2008, 07:23 AM
Hi Everyone,
A couple of us planned a trip last fall and would like to do it again. We would also like to invite any other ladies who would be interested to join in.
We stayed at different resorts but met almost every day for touring the parks and for meals. Each of us spent time alone as well to pursue individual interests. We also participated in a meet at MNSSHP where we met many other DISers.
If there are any ladies out there who don't want to visit WDW solo, please consider joining us. The dates that we are looking at are October 3 through October 9.
Please post if you are interested in joining us. We had a great time last year.

Disney Freak Numero Uno
02-09-2008, 08:43 AM
Anyone interested?

CarolynNC
02-09-2008, 09:27 AM
Anyone interested?

Me! Me!

Anytime during Food & Wine works for me so I'm in. Since that's a Friday to Thursday I may come in a day early. It depends on flights and such. I like traveling to WDW alone where I'm not responsible for everybody's wants and needs. I spent years taking my son & his friend and doing things to please them. It's nice to set my own pace, see my must do's, and still enjoy the company of others for meals and park touring.

I'll probably be staying at a value resort. What type meals are ya'll planning? Counter service? Sit down? I'll need to decide if I want to aim for a package with dining or just wing it. I don't have to decide yet so I may wait to see if any discounts are in the rumor mill. I can get AAA with a discount on a package so if I go that route I'll wait until later to book so I don't have to mess with changes through a 3rd party.

I've always wanted to try a Party for the Senses. I think that's what they're called. Ever been to one? Do you know if they have them every Saturday?

Can you tell I'm excited? I'm just babbling on. Anyway, I'll stay in touch for updates.

Anyone else?

DisneyDeeva
02-09-2008, 10:27 AM
I'll be at the Happiest Place on Earth 9/25 to 10/5. Even though our dates only overlap by a couple of days, I'm looking for some company at Party For The Senses on 10/4. Any takers?

Disney Freak Numero Uno
02-09-2008, 10:34 AM
Hi Carolyn, (and everyone else)
I sent you a private message. Last year when Macraven and I planned our trip, we usually did counter service for lunch and planned table service for dinner. We had discussed which were our favorite restaurants and made ADRs well in advance.
Our plans were extremely flexible and we did make some changes during the trip. For example, we had heavy rains for a couple of days so I decided to stay at SSR one day and take advantage of the spa. I also spent some time travelling to Fort Wilderness because I like to visit the horses. Mac did whatever she wanted on those days also.
What I would like to do is to plan on an AM and PM meeting place so that anyone who wants to join will always know where to meet on a given day. Beyond that, everyone should feel free to do whatever they wish. If Mac and I went our seperate ways during the day, we would meet for dinner. Hope to hear from others soon and we'll keep everyone one informed of developments.

Disney Freak Numero Uno
02-09-2008, 10:36 AM
Sorry, forgot to reply about party of the senses. Sounds good to me but I don't know much about dates, etc. I'll try to find out more and post later.
If we go with our original dates, will definitely be there on 10/4.

Northern_Julie
02-09-2008, 10:52 PM
I am going to be ther Oct 2-8th. My mom might be joining me so I wont know for a couple months.... If I am solo I would be very interested. Subscribing to keep posted.

Disney Freak Numero Uno
02-10-2008, 08:37 AM
Hi Northern Julie,
Glad to hear you are thinking about joining us!

Disney Freak Numero Uno
02-12-2008, 07:46 AM
I couldn't find much info about the Party for the Senses, only reviews from past years. Do we need to wait until the Food and Wine schedule comes out to know the dates for sure?
I guess we can tentatively plan on 10/4 and then book it as soon as possible. I remember last year that you could start booking food and wine events in early August.

Disney Freak Numero Uno
02-15-2008, 05:18 PM
Hi Everyone,
Those of you who are interested in making this trip and are planning to dine with us, please post some of your restaurant preferences. We did counter service for lunch and table service restaurants for dinner last fall.
Anyone else out there interested in joining us?

DisneyDeeva
02-15-2008, 06:51 PM
I couldn't find much info about the Party for the Senses, only reviews from past years. Do we need to wait until the Food and Wine schedule comes out to know the dates for sure?
I guess we can tentatively plan on 10/4 and then book it as soon as possible. I remember last year that you could start booking food and wine events in early August.

Party For The Senses is always every Saturday during the Food & Wine Festival. The boards are the best way to find out when Disney will start taking reservations. The past two years in a row, they have had price increases for this event and last year there was some negative feedback due to the fact that Disney had made the tickets non-refundable. Not sure what kind of changes they might make this year. But, I sooo want to do this!

CarolynNC
02-15-2008, 09:24 PM
Hi Everyone,
Those of you who are interested in making this trip and are planning to dine with us, please post some of your restaurant preferences. We did counter service for lunch and table service restaurants for dinner last fall.
Anyone else out there interested in joining us?

I like so many places. I haven't eaten at California Grill in years so I wouldn't mind eating there. Of course if I'm lucky enough to get a ticket to the Party for the Senses I may not want to splurge that much on another meal. I haven't eaten at Jiko and would like to give it a try. Boy, it's hard to list when you like so many places. I like Rose & Crown but I think that's when I can get a view of Illuminations. A few others; Le Cellier, Sci Fi, Concourse Steakhouse (I think I read that was going away.), Crystal Palace, Kona, ESPN, Boma, and on & on & on! :laughing: I'm sure I can find something I like at any of the restaurants.

DisneyDeeva
02-16-2008, 08:01 AM
That would be me too. I can always find something on the menu...good company makes any meal great!

BTW - I'm going to do the Expedition Everest Challenge on 9/27. Anyone want to join me for that...or maybe for the Segway Around The World Tour on 9/29?

CarolynNC
02-16-2008, 09:03 AM
That would be me too. I can always find something on the menu...good company makes any meal great!

BTW - I'm going to do the Expedition Everest Challenge on 9/27. Anyone want to join me for that...or maybe for the Segway Around The World Tour on 9/29?

I probably won't be there until October but I really would like to go to the Party for the Senses. I'm counting on one 10/4 and hoping I don't miss out on the tickets. Do they sell out quickly?

I've wanted to do a Segway tour. Someone mentioned one at Ft. Wilderness. I'd like more information on that one. There's just so much I want to do and not enough time to do it all. I have to make sure I remember I'm on vacation. I like time to catch up on sleep and I like my pool relaxation time. Since I've been going for years I don't feel the need to be in the park all day. I usually hit my favorites and spend time people watching. I like the parades and fireworks shows.

What's the Expedition Everest Challenge?

DisneyDeeva
02-16-2008, 09:21 AM
I probably won't be there until October but I really would like to go to the Party for the Senses. I'm counting on one 10/4 and hoping I don't miss out on the tickets. Do they sell out quickly?

I've wanted to do a Segway tour. Someone mentioned one at Ft. Wilderness. I'd like more information on that one. There's just so much I want to do and not enough time to do it all. I have to make sure I remember I'm on vacation. I like time to catch up on sleep and I like my pool relaxation time. Since I've been going for years I don't feel the need to be in the park all day. I usually hit my favorites and spend time people watching. I like the parades and fireworks shows.

What's the Expedition Everest Challenge?

I don't think the PFTS Parties sell out all that quickly. Last year most of them never sold out at all.

I've heard great things about both Segway tours. Last year, I tried the free session in Innoventions. I wanted to see how I would do on a Segway before I paid for a tour. I was very nervous...but it turned out to be a blast!

I aslo love to people watch. In fact, sometimes I'll do a standby line just so I can queue up and chat with folks. I always have my Pal Mickey with me in costume and he's a great conversation starter. Or, I'll grab an outdoor table by myself and invite others to join me. I'm met some fascinating folks that way.

Lastly, Expedition Everest Challenge is a new 5K race through AK after hours. Then, there is a private party afterwards (10-midnight) for racers, family and friends. Here is a link to additional info: http://disneyworldsports.disney.go.com/dwws/en_US/endurance/events/detail?name=EnduranceEverestEventDetailPage

This trip is shaping up to be a fabo time!

CarolynNC
02-16-2008, 09:49 AM
That sounds like fun. I've done the free segway ride at Epcot. I also get to ride occasionally at work. One of the professors in my department uses a Segway to get around campus. Great fun.

One of the nice things about taking solo trips is getting the opportunity to take your time. When I traveled with family I wasn't able to take advantage of a slower pace and the opportunity to meet and chat with lots on new people. It's fun to have folks to share meals with and spend some time in the parks. It's also nice to be able to do the things you really want to do without clearing it with others. That's what I like about these semi-solo trips.

Disney Freak Numero Uno
02-17-2008, 01:48 PM
Hi Everyone,
If there is a PFTS on 10/4 I will definitely be interested in attending. I'm also very flexible about meals but there are a few of my favorites on Carolyn's list. I haven't made ADRs in a long time. How far in advance can ADRs be booked? I'll volunteer to make the ADRs at the earliest possible date.
I also like to plan for relaxation time, pool time, etc. so my thoughts are to just establish a park and a meeting time for each morning and evening so that whomever wants to meet with someone on that day will always know where to find someone. Other than that, people should be free to do what they want.
I'd love to hear other's thoughts about our trip.

Disney Freak Numero Uno
02-25-2008, 07:27 AM
Anyone else interested?

DisneyDeeva
02-25-2008, 11:54 AM
I'm checking out a couple days after you arrive.

But, the PFTS is for sure on 10/4. I've been reading Brenda's Trip Report about her experience last year and the pictures alone make my mouth water. Would you like to try to get together before the Party? I have penciled in DAK for that morning and Epcot for that afternoon and evening. I'm game for anything but don't want to eat much as I plan to get my money's worth at the Party. A drink by the pool would be a nice relaxing way to spend some time before the big event.

I leave the afternoon of 10/5 and was considering doing th Sweet Sunday experience at the Oddessey. Or maybe just somewhere to have a nice breakfast. Interested?

Disney Freak Numero Uno
02-25-2008, 05:10 PM
Hi DisneyDeeva,
It would be great to meet with you before the PFTS. We can plan to meet at a resort in the afternoon or at Epcot if you prefer. I usually like to go to a park in the AM, return to the resort for some pool time, and then return to a park in the evening. I'm not sure yet what resort I'll be staying at but it will definitely be one of the DVC resorts.
I wanted to do the Sweet sunday event last year. Unfortunately, I didn't call to make a reservation early enough. I'd love to do that this year.
I'm going to keep track of the activities we have planned so far and when we finalize our plans, everyone will have a tentative schedule. :) :)
We haven't heard anything from macraven. Beth, are you out there?

DisneyDeeva
02-25-2008, 08:29 PM
Sounds like the beginning of a great plan.

Here is a link to Brenda's TR for PFTS last October:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1622180&page=67

Alisa

macraven
03-01-2008, 12:34 PM
woo hoo..........finally found the thread........

i'm mac and i am excited for the fall trip. i usually go solo but loved having someone to hook up with for different events during the day/night.

carolyn, we did Kona's together a couple of years ago.
it was great fun with you!

last year i met up with the op/ Disney Freak, and we had a great time.
at the mnsshp, we met a lot more disers for that night at a meet place and time.

i'm willing to do whatever the group does.
i think meeting up at certain points, or calling someone in the group, will be a good thing.

adr's can be made 180 days out.
my first day is the 3rd. whoever can make them first please do so for the group.

we can always switch around resturants after we know who wants what type of thing.

pencil me in on the list !!

i'll go with the flow............:yay:

macraven
03-01-2008, 12:35 PM
disneydeeva........quad cities.........illinois???

DisneyDeeva
03-01-2008, 12:47 PM
Yep - I notice that you're not all that far away from me. I'm in sales and my territory actually stretches all the way to the SW counties of Wisconsin. How are you faring this winter?

CarolynNC
03-07-2008, 08:48 PM
woo hoo..........finally found the thread........

carolyn, we did Kona's together a couple of years ago.
it was great fun with you!

Hi mac!

Good to hear from you. Are you planning to head to US/IOA after Disney?

Hi everyone!

I'm glad there are some folks interested in the Party for the Senses. I haven't picked my days yet. I know I'll be there over the weekend for the Party but not sure yet which day I'm coming in and which day I'm leaving. I'm also trying to decide how many nights.

I've been contemplating taking a quick trip in June since October is soooo far away but I've been wanting to do a cruise for several years. A Disney cruise would be a great first cruise. I think I'm going to break down and book the podcast cruise for May 09 since there would be lots of like minded people on board. If I do that then I'll have to skip the June trip. So many Disney decisions but I have to start eating up my vacation time.

Pat, If you edit the thread title to include some tentative dates you might attract more interest. Just a thought.

I'll keep trying to check in and make sure I don't miss anything. Work's been tough lately. I work at a University academic department and we've just gone through our external review process. We only do one every 5-7 years but it takes lots of work on mine and my staff's part. Now we're all busy catching up on the work we put aside.

Disney Freak Numero Uno
03-08-2008, 08:39 AM
Good idea about the dates Carolyn. I just figured out how to edit a post.
When I have some time, I'll look at park hours for our dates and try to make a tentative park-touring plan. It should be easy to make ADRs when the time comes if we know where we'll be on any given day.
I'm planning to be at WDW for a few days at the end of June before heading to Marco Island for a family trip. I hope the crowds won't be too bad.
Enjoy your cruise Carolyn!

CarolynNC
03-08-2008, 10:56 AM
Good idea about the dates Carolyn. I just figured out how to edit a post.
When I have some time, I'll look at park hours for our dates and try to make a tentative park-touring plan. It should be easy to make ADRs when the time comes if we know where we'll be on any given day.
I'm planning to be at WDW for a few days at the end of June before heading to Marco Island for a family trip. I hope the crowds won't be too bad.
Enjoy your cruise Carolyn!

Good afternoon! I'm having the worst time with my computer. It shut down right after I posted last night and I've been struggling with it ever since. I got a new computer this summer and it was a dream machine. Unfortunately someone broke into my house in September and stole it. I'm not to the stage yet where I feel comfortable spending money on another so I'm stuck using my old laptop. My house is in the boonies and surrounded by trees. About the only way to protect it would be to install exploding ****y (b o o b y- funny how it censors parts of words) traps! I haven't stooped that low yet.

Have hours been released for October? Restaurants shouldn't be as crowded since lots of people are booking September in hopes of Free Dining. I'm hoping the crowds will be fairly low but I'm sure the Food & Wine festival will bring folks in especially on the weekend. Good job with the dates.

Have you ever cruised? I'm hoping I don't get seasick. I have 14 months to read up on it so I think I'll concentrate on the October trip for now.

Carolyn

Disney Freak Numero Uno
03-08-2008, 11:38 AM
The park hours up through sept. are listed so I hope the Oct. hours will be available in a month or so. I'll check periodically. I go through periods of intense trip planning and then I don't do any planning for weeks at a time. Will keep everyone posted. Have a nice weekend.:)

macraven
03-08-2008, 12:26 PM
i have had some computer problems in connecting to the internet.

to DD, yup, bad winter, lots of snow and more today with lake effect snow.
the time changes tonight and we have snow on the ground.
what's wrong with this picture......

i was going to book my air today and found it increased by $50......
gonna wait and book it on tuesday now.

think i will try for arriving on thur or fri of oct....2/3
i'll be leaving disney on 10/9 and checking into HRH until the 13th.
always hit there for HHN.....totally and completely addicted to it.

i even go solo there as i could not miss it no matter what.

i already booked my room for HRH and will be booking wdw tonight.
i figure i can always add or take off a date depending when i get the air booked.

that is a good idea to put dates in the title.
it will catch more peoples eyes then

CarolynNC
03-12-2008, 07:43 PM
Just checking in and giving a little bump. I seriously need a WDW trip. I think I'm going to have to take a few days off before I burn out. I need sunshine and fresh air! Looking forward to 'food & wine'!

Disney Freak Numero Uno
03-13-2008, 01:50 PM
Carolyn,
I know what you mean. Looking forward to my quick trip at the end of June.

Disney Freak Numero Uno
03-18-2008, 04:55 PM
Hi Everyone,
If you haven't posted a list of your favorite restaurants, could you do so in the next few weeks? I think we can make most ADRs after April 4. Also, a list of favorite attractions that you must do on every trip. I'm going to attempt to put together an intinerary sometime next week. Bye for now.

Disney Freak Numero Uno
03-20-2008, 07:22 AM
Bump

Disney Freak Numero Uno
03-22-2008, 12:06 PM
Bumping this up again.

DisneyDeeva
03-22-2008, 01:29 PM
Not ignoring you. But, I leave on 10/5 - I have pencilled in the PFTS on 10/4. I can't wait...wish it were here already!

CarolynNC
03-22-2008, 07:58 PM
Hi All,

I'm having trouble keeping up. Sorry for the delayed response. I don't usually have must do dining & attractions. If I don't get to something I know I'll always be back. Since we'll be there during Food & Wine I want to spend some time eating & drinking around the world showcase. Other than that I'm open to about anything. There may be new attractions/shows since I was last there so I'll look out for those. I also don't mind sitting around people watching if there is something I don't want to do. I'd like to try the new restaurant at the Contemporary since it's replacing one of my favorites, the Concourse. Other than that I'd like to attend the Party for the Senses. I'm pretty flexible.

Carolyn

DisneyDeeva
03-22-2008, 08:12 PM
The Wave is replacing Concourse Steakhouse, right? No details on menu yet but I did hear that it will be similar to CS and that most of the staff will be the same. Shirley and I are planning on eating breakfast there our last morning (10/5). I'm dying for some good eggs benedict and a mimosa. Care to join us?

CarolynNC
03-23-2008, 08:00 AM
The Wave is replacing Concourse Steakhouse, right? No details on menu yet but I did hear that it will be similar to CS and that most of the staff will be the same. Shirley and I are planning on eating breakfast there our last morning (10/5). I'm dying for some good eggs benedict and a mimosa. Care to join us?

That sounds like fun. I'll skip the eggs benedict but might try the mimosa. :) I'm sure they'll have something else I'd enjoy.

I'm having real problems staying signed on. If I start reading a long thread it signs me out. Quite the pain. I need to find more time to keep up with everything going on and I need to pin down my trip dates so I can book. I might just book a AAA discount room only and get my tickets elsewhere. I hate having to book through a AAA travel agent for the package discount. I usually end up needing to make changes and it's such a mess. I'm always changing my mind.

Disney Freak Numero Uno
03-23-2008, 08:18 AM
You can count me in for breakfast on the 5th also. I'll note it on the itinerary I'm planning to make sometime this week.

Disney Freak Numero Uno
03-25-2008, 07:17 AM
Do we want to do morning and/or evening EMH? I read recently that it is usually better to do a park the day after it's EMH day. What do you think?

CarolynNC
03-30-2008, 06:37 PM
Do we want to do morning and/or evening EMH? I read recently that it is usually better to do a park the day after it's EMH day. What do you think?

I usually visit the park which hosted evening EMH the previous day. That park is my primary park for the day but I don't mind hopping to another park. It really doesn't matter to me. I make sure I have park hoppers since lately I've been visiting multiple parks most days. I also check UG recommendations. I try to do one morning EMH in Magic Kingdom but that's it for early morning. I never get to lounge in when I'm at home so that's a real luxury when I'm on vacation. This October I'm planning on being very flexible. There is nothing I must see or do. Since I'll be going back in May '09 I can always pick up anything I missed. I'll have to read up to see what's new. I think there is a new show in Animal Kingdom I haven't seen and I haven't seen the Motor show at the Studios. There are a few new eateries but the only one I really want to book is the Wave. I'm flexible on the rest of my dining choices. There may be some Food & Wine festival events I want to attend and I do want to eat & drink around World Showcase. I also want to attend the Party for the Senses.

Disney Freak Numero Uno
03-31-2008, 07:27 AM
Hi Carolyn,
I also think it's a good idea to do whatever park had EMH the previous day. The October hours are not out yet (at least not as of yesterday when I checked). I'm guessing that they will be available after April 1. Will put together a tentative plan then. Have a good day.
Macraven, where are you?

macraven
03-31-2008, 02:40 PM
Hi Carolyn,
I also think it's a good idea to do whatever park had EMH the previous day. The October hours are not out yet (at least not as of yesterday when I checked). I'm guessing that they will be available after April 1. Will put together a tentative plan then. Have a good day.
Macraven, where are you?

i am now back from hula dance land.......

went to visit brother who lives on the islands.......

notice my new grass skirt in the tag?

i'm good for the 5th.
i loved the concourse and hope the wave is good.
i read somewhere it is going to have a scaled down CG type of menu.
that should be exciting if it is.

even though i have been going annually and sometimes twice a year to the motherland, i subscribe to tour guide mike for the special heads up he has.

sometimes it is very good and other times nothing new to me.
i like it as you get the up to date on refurbs, emh,ee changes, etc.

i always try to hit the park in the morning that had an EMH the night before, less crowds.

you are correct on that tip.

i love doing mgm and always hit that park on saturday morning.
last year after i finished that, i met up with our leader here/op over at epcot.

i'm a big mgm fan for tower of terror. that is where i will be on saturday morning until noon time. i know many are not crazy for that park and i might be there solo from the group, but that is okay.
i can meet up for lunch anywhere that day with you.

looking forward to the fun planning we get to do on this ladies trip!

Disney Freak Numero Uno
03-31-2008, 05:48 PM
Hi Beth,
Hope you had a good time in Hawaii.

CarolynNC
03-31-2008, 07:30 PM
I'm fine with any parks on any days. I'm going to be really flexible. I love MGM. In fact there are things I love in all the parks. I guess that's why I keep returning.

Hope you had a great trip to Hawaii. I'm ready for a vacation anywhere. I think I'm going to need to take a few days off soon even if it just means puttering at home.

macraven
04-01-2008, 02:06 PM
pencil me in on your plans for mgm saturday morning at 8:00 !!

kewl, there will be a homie to ride with at mgm!!

macraven
04-01-2008, 02:32 PM
is anyone up for the mnsshp?

i see it will be offered on
friday oct 3
sunday oct 5
tuesday oct 7

the 7th should be a good date to hit it if anyone is interested.

dates have been released and tickets go up for sale on may 1st.

clhcpaca
04-01-2008, 04:42 PM
I will be there from September 20th to October 4th. Eight days solo at CSR and six days at BCV (brother and his family will also be there), but we do separate things too. I'm looking forward to being so close to Epcot and the F&WF from Sept 28th on.

Disney Freak Numero Uno
04-01-2008, 04:57 PM
The 7th sound good to me for MNSSHP. I was wondering if you wanted to go on a Sunday again but Tuesday is probably just as good as far as crowds are concerned.
How is the 7th for everyone else?

Hi Clhcpaca,
Please feel free to join us on the 4th. I think that we are planning party for the senses on that day. Keep checking this thread for updates.

DisneyDeeva
04-01-2008, 06:35 PM
pencil me in on your plans for mgm saturday morning at 8:00 !!

kewl, there will be a homie to ride with at mgm!!

I'm up for DHS first thing the morning of 10/4. The only thing that changes my availability would be if there were some great seminars offered at Epcot for the F&W. I plan on eating really light that day and resting up for the PFTS food orgy that night!!!!

clhcpaca
04-02-2008, 01:14 PM
The 7th sound good to me for MNSSHP. I was wondering if you wanted to go on a Sunday again but Tuesday is probably just as good as far as crowds are concerned.

Hi Clhcpaca,
Please feel free to join us on the 4th. I think that we are planning party for the senses on that day. Keep checking this thread for updates.

Unfortunately, I leave on the 4th. Probably will be picked up by Magical Express around noon. (Haven't gotten by airline tickets yet)

Maybe, there will be some activities before the 4th. Would like to to to the PFTS with someone. Went a couple of years ago solo and I think it is one activity that would much more fun with a group.

Cindy

macraven
04-02-2008, 04:38 PM

Hi Clhcpaca,

i think the 7th on a tuesday would be light.
i have now gone to 5 different mnsshp and the tuesday night one in oct was the lightest i went to.

year before last, i went to two different nights of mnsshp.......

I'm up for DHS first thing the morning of 10/4. The only thing that changes my availability would be if there were some great seminars offered at Epcot for the F&W. I plan on eating really light that day and resting up for the PFTS food orgy that night!!!!

fantastic!

when do the pfts tickets go on sale?

Unfortunately, I leave on the 4th. Probably will be picked up by Magical Express around noon. (Haven't gotten by airline tickets yet)

Maybe, there will be some activities before the 4th. Would like to to to the PFTS with someone. Went a couple of years ago solo and I think it is one activity that would much more fun with a group.

Cindy

we will do things together for everyone's schedule.
i know from experience it is disappointing to have plans and then be forgotten about.

i'm open for anything.

DisneyDeeva
04-02-2008, 05:31 PM
fantastic!

when do the pfts tickets go on sale?

If I remember correctly, they started taking reservations in July sometime. Various websites had the details published a couple weeks before that so we had time to ponder our choices. I was all set to make my PFTS reservation and talked myself out of it at the last minute. I was convinced it would be more fun do do with a bunch of Dis Ladies!!!

Disney Freak Numero Uno
04-03-2008, 07:22 AM
Hi Clhcpaca,
Sorry I misunderstood. I thought you would be there through Oct. 4th. So far there are no specific plans for the 3rd but we'll keep you posted. I don't think that I'll be arriving until late on the 3rd or early 4th but I'm not sure about everyone else's arrival dates. We'll definitely let you know.

macraven
04-03-2008, 04:20 PM
Hi Clhcpaca,
Sorry I misunderstood. I thought you would be there through Oct. 4th. So far there are no specific plans for the 3rd but we'll keep you posted. I don't think that I'll be arriving until late on the 3rd or early 4th but I'm not sure about everyone else's arrival dates. We'll definitely let you know.

with airfare so much higher for me out of ohare on a saturday, even a friday, i think i will have to switch leaving home on thursday oct 2nd.
it is not a definite yet but a possibility.

if that works out for me, clhcpaca i would like to meet up with you before you leave.

i can always move a day or two on my room ressie much easier than change the air dates. $100 charge to switch dates for air once i lock into it.

macraven
04-03-2008, 04:21 PM
If I remember correctly, they started taking reservations in July sometime. Various websites had the details published a couple weeks before that so we had time to ponder our choices. I was all set to make my PFTS reservation and talked myself out of it at the last minute. I was convinced it would be more fun do do with a bunch of Dis Ladies!!!

i agree.
pfts is much more fun with others.

going solo to it isn't as much fun. every one practically has someone with them and you kind of get left out on some of the excitement when you have no one to share it with.

Dancind
04-07-2008, 05:34 PM
Hi everyone. I just decided to add some solo days on the front of my F&W family trip in October. I will be arriving on Oct. 5, DH and DD 17 will join me on Thursday the 9th. I will probably wait to go to MNSSHP and POS with them that weekend, but would love to meet up with anyone for dinner, wine tastings, or TOT from the 5th - 9th. Subscribing to the thread...

DisneyDeeva
04-07-2008, 05:38 PM
If you were going to be there on the 4th, you could join us for PFTS. I leave on the 5th (after breakfast at The Wave)

macraven
04-07-2008, 05:54 PM
hi dancind, would love to meet up with you.

once we find out who all is going, we can start to make preparation plans.

i am 179 days out and made some adr's for a few places and will see later who is interested.

i can always cancel or add to the adrs.

Disney Freak Numero Uno
04-08-2008, 07:17 AM
Hi Everyone,
If all of you have a chance, please post your dining preferences. I really should make ADRs as soon as possible. This month seems to really be flying by and I should have started doing this on 4/4.
Beth, what ADRs have you made so far?

Disney Freak Numero Uno
04-08-2008, 07:22 AM
Hi Dancind,
So far I think we are planning to do MNSSHP on Tuesday, 10/7, Breakfast at the Contemporary on 10/5, and Party for the senses on 10/4. Please join us for whatever you can.
Keep checking for updates and let us know of any of your favorite restaurants, attractions.
I have been meaning to do a tentative plan but I need input from everyone out there!!!

macraven
04-08-2008, 12:56 PM
i made these adrs on the night before the free dining was offered.

since guests can book up to 14 days with the free ddp, i thought i should try to secure some adrs for us.

i can cancel them, change them, etc...just wanted to get some in for a few days.

the new package with free dining ends on sept 20 as the last check in date for that promo.
you can book the free dining package to a maximum of 14 days.

with that in mind, books will fill up through oct 4th then if someone did stay with that package for the full 14 days.

oct 4: Le Cellier 7:15

oct 5 sci fi 7:00

oct 6 garden grill lunch 11:00

oct 7th Ohana 5:00. mnsshp starts at 7 that night.

oct 8th san angel inn for lunch 11:30
oct 8th plaza dinner 6:50

if we are doing party of the senses on sat night, i should cancel out le cellier.

i was at the 180 days out on sunday and while i had the cm on the phone, i booked the above.

when the group decides what they want to eat and where, i can cancel or give away the above ressies.

i ended up starting my trip on thursday oct 2 due to the plane fare.
turns out cheaper for me in the long run to go then instead of the weekend even with room costs.

Disney Freak Numero Uno
04-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Hi Everyone,
Beth, I tried to call you today but got your voicemail. Since you have made a few ADRs, will these determine which park you go to on any given day? Should I factor these ADRs into our park touring plan or are you planning to park hop during the day?
I haven't thought about the park schedule yet since the hours are only out for MK and Epcot.

I would definitely like to go to the Plaza Restaurant, Ohana, San Angel Inn. Would also like to get to Boma, California Grill, and the new restaurant at Animal KIngdom.

DisneyDeeva
04-08-2008, 07:07 PM
If I'm reading right, you're going to LeCellier on the 4th, right? I'll be at PFTS that evening. I think it ends at 9:00. Anyone wanna meet up for Illuminations somewhere?

macraven
04-08-2008, 08:25 PM
homies, i grabbed up some adrs for us so we would not be excluded from some of the places due to the free ddp that will end on the 4th of october.

i think pots are a sure thing the group is going to do.

i can cancel any of the adrs.

i did a random choice for most except for tuesday at ohana.
if i go to mnsshp, it will be on that tuesday as it will be a light attendance that night.

yes, i park hop.
i picked the sci fi on sunday night cause i called disney and mgm will have the extended emh hours since mk will close at 7 for mnsshp.

i don't worry about long lines.
i get the gac

Disney Freak Numero Uno
04-09-2008, 07:09 AM
Hi Everyone,
I didn't realize that I could get the park hours by calling Disney. I've been checking their website and MGM and AK hours were not there as of the other day. I will try to call today from work.

CarolynNC
04-10-2008, 01:41 PM
I think I'm finally catching up. I will most likely fly in on Thursday, October 2nd early in the morning. I will leave either Wednesday or Thursday evening, October 8th or 9th. I'll book Pop if I can get a room with a AAA discount. If not, I'll be at whatever value is available. I imagine there won't be an issue getting a room at Pop. Since they offered a room discount at that time of year last year I'm holding off booking until I see if something better crops up.

What I have listed so far....

Saturday, October 4th - morning at MGM
evening Party for the Senses (Sounds like just about everybody is interested! Hooray! It should be fun.)
Beth, I know you have LeCellier at 7:15pm and I'm going to pass. I'd go a different day since I really, really want to do the PFTS.

Sunday, October 5th - Breakfast at Wave - DisneyDeeva will book? She leaves this day.
7pm at Sci Fi which suits me

Monday, October 6th - 11AM lunch at Garden Grill - I haven't eaten here my last two trips so I'd love to join you for this one Beth.
Addition: 6:30PM dinner at Boma.

Tuesday, October 7th - 5pm Ohana followed by MNSSHP - I'd like to join you at Ohana and try out their new menu.

Wednesday, October 8th - 11:30AM lunch at San Angel & 6:50 dinner at Plaza - I'll keep those in reserve. It depends on when I fly home.

Did I miss anything else thrown out there? Just point me in the right direction and I'll try to be there. :)

Now for my participant recap. Let me know if I missed anyone. This is mostly for me to see if I missed anyone or missed anything important. I count on folks to correct my list and it helps me keep up.

Disney Freak Numero Uno - known in real life as Pat - arriving Oct 3rd or 4th and leaving on the 9th.

macraven - known in real life as Beth - arriving Oct 2nd and moving to US/IOA on 9th

DisneyDeeva - I don't know your real life name unless it's Deeva! :) arriving Sept 25th and leaving Oct 5th - traveling with Shirley (friend or partner or both) - Shirley is going to breakfast at the Wave but will she be going to MGM or PFTS? Also doing Segway tour on 9/29 & Expedition Everest challenge on 9/27 (just in case someone wants to join in either of those activities)

Northern Julie - guessing real name is Julie - arriving Oct 2nd and leaving Oct 8th - was coming solo but her mother is now joining her - Julie, you and your mother are welcome to join us at any time. We'd love to share a meal with both of you and I promise to mind my table manners. I like meeting new people and I can use all the new friends I can get!

Clhcpaca - known in real life as Cindy - What/Where is the garlic capital of the world? - arriving Sept 20th and leaving Oct 4th - meeting brother & his family for part of her trip - Hi Cindy - It looks like several of us will be there during part of your trip so please join us. If you're doing something you have your heart set on and would like any of us to join you just throw it out there. I'm always willing to line up for most food & wine events.

Dancind - known in real life as Diana - arriving 10/5 and being joined by family on 10/9 - same goes for you - shout out if you want to join in or if you'd like some company

AND my name is Carolyn in real life - bet you couldn't see that coming. I'm going to be more flexible on this trip than I've been on any in the past so count me in on most all suggestions. Does anyone like Adventurers Club? Anyone interested?

Hopefully I didn't miss anyone. If I did, I apologize. Hopefully I didn't miss anything important. Chime in if I did.

Carolyn

macraven
04-10-2008, 03:36 PM
yes, i like the adventurer club.

i do want to hit that play at least once this year.

carolyn, you did a great write up on all of us.

since it is pfts on saturday, i'll cancel the le cellier adr for that night.

Disney Freak Numero Uno
04-10-2008, 04:51 PM
Hi Everyone,
Is anyone interested in having dinner at Boma?
Carolyn, thanks for putting all of the info in one place so far. Since most of you will be arriving before Saturday, I think I will try to plan to arrive sometime on Friday.
Does anyone have any opinions on which days we should do each park?

DisneyDeeva
04-10-2008, 05:29 PM
I'm not a diva in real life...at least I don't think I am - it was just the most creative name I could come up with on short notice. My name is Alisa in real live. The plans so far sound fabulous!!!

Shirley is a friend (she and I used to work together before I moved on and she retired). She's a great friend...but, Lordy, she can be exasperating! She is a self proclaimed "slug". Tends to hang around the room, sleeps late and shows up at meal times :) She has also had a hip replacemen and takes like 30 minutes to use the restroom. So, even though I have someone to split the cost of the room with, we spend our time at The World very differently.

In addition to EE Challenge, the Segway Tour and PFTS, I'm also doing MNSSHP on the 26th. I haven't been to the Adventurers Club in ages but would love to go if anyone wants to join me - I have an AP and can get 1/2 off for me and my guests. Maybe on 10/2? We have a 6:50 ADR at Narcoossees but will probably be done by 9 or 10 (Shirley also eats very slow) LOL!

macraven
04-10-2008, 06:34 PM
i have touring plans and tgm and years of experience of doing the parks.
my first visit at disneyworld was in 1974........

i can have 5 others on the gac with me for rides and attractions.

i usually make a schedule for which parks for the day and evening.

haven't put it together yet but will let you know what has worked for me.

i do some early entry and some emh at the parks.

CarolynNC
04-10-2008, 07:13 PM
yes, i like the adventurer club.
i do want to hit that play at least once this year.

carolyn, you did a great write up on all of us.

since it is pfts on saturday, i'll cancel the le cellier adr for that night.

If you find a time slot to reschedule LeCellier I'd be glad to tag along.

Hi Everyone, Is anyone interested in having dinner at Boma?
Carolyn, thanks for putting all of the info in one place so far. Since most of you will be arriving before Saturday,
I think I will try to plan to arrive sometime on Friday.
Does anyone have any opinions on which days we should do each park?

I like Boma too! I'm not particular about which park which day. Since I'm going to follow instead of leading
for this week of my life I'll leave those decisions up to someone else. I'm going to be on vacation. I don't want
to have to make decisions. :)

I'm not a diva in real life...at least I don't think I am - it was just the most creative
name I could come up with on short notice. My name is Alisa in real live. The plans so far sound fabulous!!!

Shirley is a friend (she and I used to work together before I moved on and she retired). She's a great friend...but,
Lordy, she can be exasperating! She is a self proclaimed "slug". Tends to hang around the room, sleeps late and shows up
at meal times :) She has also had a hip replacemen and takes like 30 minutes to use the restroom. So, even though I
have someone to split the cost of the room with, we spend our time at The World very differently.

In addition to EE Challenge, the Segway Tour and PFTS, I'm also doing MNSSHP on the 26th. I haven't been to the
Adventurers Club in ages but would love to go if anyone wants to join me - I have an AP and can get 1/2 off for me
and my guests. Maybe on 10/2? We have a 6:50 ADR at Narcoossees but will probably be done by 9 or 10 (Shirley also eats
very slow) LOL!

Hi DisneyDeeva Alisa. Shirley sounds like a great friend. I look forward to meeting y'all. I used to take my son & his
friend. They'd sleep until noon and then roll out for touring. Of course they didn't tour with me because I was already
up and out in the parks. Unfortunately they also didn't split the bill! I paid for me and them. I told my son I was planning
a trip in October and he wanted to know if he and his girlfriend/fiancee could tag along. I told him sure....there were
plenty of rooms at WDW and I'd give him the number to book. I don't think that's what he had in mind. heeheehee

i have touring plans and tgm and years of experience of doing the parks.
my first visit at disneyworld was in 1974........
i can have 5 others on the gac with me for rides and attractions.
i usually make a schedule for which parks for the day and evening.
haven't put it together yet but will let you know what has worked for me.
i do some early entry and some emh at the parks.

I can really show my age by telling y'all my first trip to WDW was in February 1972. I won't mention what year I first
went to Disneyland. My grandmother lived in LA so my family (parents & 4 kids) used to camp cross country every summer
to visit. We always had to make a trip to Disneyland.

DisneyDeeva
04-10-2008, 07:25 PM
I can really show my age by telling y'all my first trip to WDW was in February 1972. I won't mention what year I first
went to Disneyland. My grandmother lived in LA so my family (parents & 4 kids) used to camp cross country every summer
to visit. We always had to make a trip to Disneyland.

1972 was the year of my first visit to The World as well. But, it was in June. We camped all the time I was growing up. So, we stayed at Jellystone Park Campground. My dad hated the crowds and lines and decided right then and there that it wasn't for him.

Didn't go again until I got to take my son for 17 days in 1997 (25th Anniversary). That is when my obsession began.

CarolynNC
04-10-2008, 08:19 PM
1972 was the year of my first visit to The World as well. But, it was in June. We camped all the time I was growing up. So, we stayed at Jellystone Park Campground. My dad hated the crowds and lines and decided right then and there that it wasn't for him.

Didn't go again until I got to take my son for 17 days in 1997 (25th Anniversary). That is when my obsession began.

I was in college in 1972. Our school boiler broke down so they closed the school for a week and sent everyone home. They offered everybody a weeks worth of food money (if they had the meal plan). I called my dad & mom and asked them if I could have the funds and make a road trip. They weren't really overjoyed but finally agreed. Me & two of my friends threw sleeping bags in my car and headed out. It was snowing when we left. About 8 hours later we drove out on to Daytona Beach. All we had were jeans and long sleeve shirts. We had to go to Roses (I think) and purchase some cheap shorts. We didn't have enough money to all buy shorts. I think I ended up cutting off one of my favorite pairs of jeans. We spent the night on one of the beaches. We were run off once by the police patrol. The next day we headed to Orlando and met some local college students in a park. They let us camp in their back yard. We had just enough money for one day admission to Magic Kingdom. Good Times!!

I took my son for the 25th anniversary but his first trip was when he was almost 2 - 1988. If I remember correctly the 25th was when they had the gumdrop looking castle. He hated it and wanted them to take it down. It didn't help that we were staying at the Contemporary and could see it from the hotel.

Disney Freak Numero Uno
04-12-2008, 08:47 AM
I am going to make an ADR at Boma for Monday, 10/6. I'll post again with details after I get off the phone.

Disney Freak Numero Uno
04-12-2008, 08:54 AM
I made an ADR at Boma for MOnday, 10/6/08 at 6:30 PM.
Carolyn, can you edit your list and add this in? Thanks.

DisneyDeeva
04-12-2008, 09:23 AM
You guys are going to have a wonderful meal! Have a couple zebra domes for me!!!

CarolynNC
04-12-2008, 07:23 PM
I made an ADR at Boma for MOnday, 10/6/08 at 6:30 PM.
Carolyn, can you edit your list and add this in? Thanks.

Hooray! Boma. I missed this one last trip. I can't remember why I had to cancel. I love arriving early and having a drink at the bar upstairs.

You guys are going to have a wonderful meal! Have a couple zebra domes for me!!!

No zebra domes for me! I know, blasphemy! Not my favorite dessert but I'm sure I'll find something yummy.

The only thing I dislike about eating at Boma is the transportation. Most times I end up taking a cab so I don't have to travel around the world to get there. :)

Beth, I just noticed your hula skirted smilie! I missed it earlier. Hope you had a great trip.

Disney Freak Numero Uno
04-13-2008, 10:14 AM
Hi Everyone,
Carolyn, you can count me in for a drink before dinner at Boma! I usually like to arrive at AKL a bit early anyway to walk around the lobby and the gift shop.
Regarding transportation, a couple of years ago when I was staying at BCV, I took the bus to Animal KIngdom and switched there to the bus for the lodge. I got there pretty quickly. But, I have no problem with cabs either.

Disney Freak Numero Uno
04-18-2008, 08:04 AM
Hi Everyone,
I sat down the other day with the park hours now that the EMH hours are posted and tried to put together a park schedule.
Our ADRs are all over the place so it really doesn't matter which park we start out at but I would like your opinions.
We have the studios scheduled for Saturday. Does anyone want to do any EMH days or should we avoid all of them. I know that we agreed to do a park the day after it's early EMH day but sometimes people like to to the early EMH at MK.
So let me know what you think. Thanks.

DisneyDeeva
04-18-2008, 06:30 PM
I made an ADR for us at The Wave yesterday. Since we're doing PFTS the night before, I didn't want to make it too early. So, we have a 9:45 on 10/5. Does that time work for everyone?

No menu yet. But, it's open soon so I imagine we'll hear food review before long.

macraven
04-18-2008, 07:00 PM
the menu for Wave is out.

i copied it for another site for some friends that wanted it.

it is nothing like the former concourse menu.

i'll see if i can still pull up that menu.

macraven
04-18-2008, 07:03 PM
this is what was released a couple of weeks ago on the type of setting for the place.

my next post will be the menu.

Reservations are now being accepted for arrivals June
30, 2008, and later at The Wave, located at Disney's
Contemporary Resort. The restaurant, a casual dining
table service restaurant that features American
cooking blended with world flavors, will offer a
classic American breakfast, a quick and casual lunch,
and dinner. In addition, the stylish contemporary
lounge will offer new world wines with a twist and
trendy cocktails with natural flavors. The restaurant
will accept one entitlement from the Disney Dining
Plan and will honor the DVC, Passholder, Disney Dining
Experience, and Cast Member discounts as currently
accepted at Concourse Steakhouse.

macraven
04-18-2008, 07:07 PM
this is the menu for the wave:

BREAKFAST
Make your own classic Bircher Muesli, Spinach
Tomato and Onion Omelet

Multigrain Mickey Waffle, Eggs Benedict, Homemade
Granola.
-Featuring Organic Columbian Coffee that is shade
grown, fair trade and
bird friendly.

Beta Berry Smoothie - Raspberries Non-Fat Yogurt,
Peach, Mango and
Honey, Antioxidant Vitamins, C, E and
Beta-carotene

Supercharged Tropical Smoothie - A blend of
Tropical Fruit Juices,
Non-fat Yogurt and Soy Protein.

Children's Menu: Multigrain Mickey Waffle,
Cereals, Pancakes, Eggs.

LUNCH
Multigrain Linguini with Rock Shrimp and Clams

Mediterranean Tuna Salad - Herb Crusted Seared Ahi
Tuna with Greens,
Potatoes and Olive Toast

Angus Chuck Burger

Classic Reuben Sandwich

Spice Crusted Chicken Salad with Apples and crispy
Polenta Croutons

DINNER
Pan Seared Black Cod

Grilled Marinated Flank Steak

Seasonal Vegetable Stew

Braised Lamb Shank

Grilled Beef Tenderloin

DESSERTS
Miniature styled dessert by categories
Creamy Selection
-Coconut Panna Cotta with Passion Fruit reduction
-Chocolate Mousse with Pecan-Olive Brittle
-Cheese cake with Raspberry Coulis

Palette Cleanser
-Meyer Lemon Sorbet
-Pineapple Sorbet
-Strawberry Sorbet

Healthy Selection
-Almond-Pineapple-Raisin "baklava"
-Vanilla Braised Pineapple
-Carrot-Zucchini Cake with Yogurt Panna Cotta

Contemporary Selection
-Salty Caramel with Chocolate Mousse
-Lemon Corn Bread with Vanilla Panna Cotta
-Sautéed Blueberries with Yogurt Gelato

BEVERAGES
Wine - Southern Hemisphere Wines with a Twist.
Featuring Wines from
Argentina, Chile, New Zealand, Australia and South
Africa.

Beers- Featuring Wolaver's Certified Organic Ales

Specialty Cocktails- Passion Fruit Mojito,
Antioxidant Cosmo,
Pure-tini (with Organic Vodka and Mango), X-Fusion
Lemonade (Organic
Mango, Passion Fruit Juice and Lemonade)

on the adr you made, is that for dinner or breakfast?

macraven
04-18-2008, 07:10 PM
Hi Everyone,
I sat down the other day with the park hours now that the EMH hours are posted and tried to put together a park schedule.
Our ADRs are all over the place so it really doesn't matter which park we start out at but I would like your opinions.
We have the studios scheduled for Saturday. Does anyone want to do any EMH days or should we avoid all of them. I know that we agreed to do a park the day after it's early EMH day but sometimes people like to to the early EMH at MK.
So let me know what you think. Thanks.

i'll be doing the early entry for MGM on saturday oct. 5th

DisneyDeeva
04-18-2008, 07:34 PM
I made the ADR for breakfast. Ressies are for six folks but that can always be changed.

Hmmm...looking at the menu, there isn't much choice. Surely, there will be some additions, right? It was rumored to be a blend of Southeast Asian, Mediterranean, North American, and Western European cuisine. That menu sounds like something from a health food store.

This will be our last sit down meal before we head home. I guess I'll have to wait for a few reviews to see if I should rethink my plans.

macraven
04-18-2008, 07:38 PM
of course the menu could change if certain food items do not go over well.
the Wave opens june 30 and the menu could be tweaked some.

it doesn't look as full of a breakfast buffet like o'hana or chef mickey has.

the menu i posted may/could have additional items.
this is how it was released for a menu a few weeks back.

DisneyDeeva
04-18-2008, 07:50 PM
I'm pretty sure this isn't a buffet style restaurant. Surely they'll have more than 4 or 5 entrees on the menu - maybe at least a few side dishes. The atmosphere sounds great so hopefully the menu will dazzle me as well.

macraven
04-18-2008, 07:52 PM
i was told that the Wave is to have a similar atmosphere to California Grill.

i have not been to CG so i don't know what to expect if that is true

DisneyDeeva
04-18-2008, 07:57 PM
Here is the description I found:
"A new restaurant, called "The Wave", will replace the Concourse Steakhouse, and has been confirmed to open in late June 2008 on the lobby level. It will feature an "aquatic entrance," a walkway leading to the front of the house podium. The menu will be a fusion of Southeast Asian, Mediterranean, North American, and Western European cuisine."

The food might be similar but the feel of the restaurant sounds like it will strikingly different from CG (I've been several times but it isn't even on my top 10 list)

macraven
04-18-2008, 08:00 PM
i like the description you found better than what i found!

Disney Freak Numero Uno
04-19-2008, 07:59 AM
Hi Everyone,
Beth, are you interested in doing any other EMH mornings or evenings? How about everyone else?
I really would like to establish one park each day as a morning meeting place even if we do choose to park hop throughout the day. Or would you all prefer just exchanging cell phone numbers and calling each other? However, I think that some of us saw firsthand that this doesn't always work out.
Your input would be appreciated. Thanks.

macraven
04-19-2008, 11:26 AM
i don't know if i can organize my schedule this weekend as i will be coming and going both days.

when i get a tenative one written down, i'll post it here.
i'm flexible but like to have some sort of plan.

Disney Freak Numero Uno
04-26-2008, 06:33 AM
Beth,
Are you planning to make your own schedule and just join others for meals?

Disney Freak Numero Uno
04-27-2008, 02:52 PM
Bump

clhcpaca
04-28-2008, 04:31 PM
I think I'm finally catching up. I will most likely fly in on Thursday, October 2nd early in the morning. I will leave either Wednesday or Thursday evening, October 8th or 9th. I'll book Pop if I can get a room with a AAA discount. If not, I'll be at whatever value is available. I imagine there won't be an issue getting a room at Pop. Since they offered a room discount at that time of year last year I'm holding off booking until I see if something better crops up.

What I have listed so far....

Saturday, October 4th - morning at MGM
evening Party for the Senses (Sounds like just about everybody is interested! Hooray! It should be fun.)
Beth, I know you have LeCellier at 7:15pm and I'm going to pass. I'd go a different day since I really, really want to do the PFTS.

Sunday, October 5th - Breakfast at Wave - DisneyDeeva will book? She leaves this day.
7pm at Sci Fi which suits me

Monday, October 6th - 11AM lunch at Garden Grill - I haven't eaten here my last two trips so I'd love to join you for this one Beth.
Addition: 6:30PM dinner at Boma.

Tuesday, October 7th - 5pm Ohana followed by MNSSHP - I'd like to join you at Ohana and try out their new menu.

Wednesday, October 8th - 11:30AM lunch at San Angel & 6:50 dinner at Plaza - I'll keep those in reserve. It depends on when I fly home.

Did I miss anything else thrown out there? Just point me in the right direction and I'll try to be there. :)

Now for my participant recap. Let me know if I missed anyone. This is mostly for me to see if I missed anyone or missed anything important. I count on folks to correct my list and it helps me keep up.

Disney Freak Numero Uno - known in real life as Pat - arriving Oct 3rd or 4th and leaving on the 9th.

macraven - known in real life as Beth - arriving Oct 2nd and moving to US/IOA on 9th

DisneyDeeva - I don't know your real life name unless it's Deeva! :) arriving Sept 25th and leaving Oct 5th - traveling with Shirley (friend or partner or both) - Shirley is going to breakfast at the Wave but will she be going to MGM or PFTS? Also doing Segway tour on 9/29 & Expedition Everest challenge on 9/27 (just in case someone wants to join in either of those activities)

Northern Julie - guessing real name is Julie - arriving Oct 2nd and leaving Oct 8th - was coming solo but her mother is now joining her - Julie, you and your mother are welcome to join us at any time. We'd love to share a meal with both of you and I promise to mind my table manners. I like meeting new people and I can use all the new friends I can get!

Clhcpaca - known in real life as Cindy - What/Where is the garlic capital of the world? - arriving Sept 20th and leaving Oct 4th - meeting brother & his family for part of her trip - Hi Cindy - It looks like several of us will be there during part of your trip so please join us. If you're doing something you have your heart set on and would like any of us to join you just throw it out there. I'm always willing to line up for most food & wine events.

Dancind - known in real life as Diana - arriving 10/5 and being joined by family on 10/9 - same goes for you - shout out if you want to join in or if you'd like some company

AND my name is Carolyn in real life - bet you couldn't see that coming. I'm going to be more flexible on this trip than I've been on any in the past so count me in on most all suggestions. Does anyone like Adventurers Club? Anyone interested?

Hopefully I didn't miss anyone. If I did, I apologize. Hopefully I didn't miss anything important. Chime in if I did.

Carolyn

Actually, I decided to leave on the 5th. I really want to do PFTS :thumbsup2 (I did it four years ago solo and do not think that it is a solo activity).
Plus, I will be doing Tony's Breakfast Grand Gathering that morning with my brother and his family and it made it too rushed to try to fly out on Saturday. So, I get an extra day:banana: :banana:

Cindy

P.S. Is anyone doing anything on October 3rd??

DisneyDeeva
04-28-2008, 04:46 PM
I'm going to catch the rope drop and opening ceremonies at MK (I've never managed to get up that early before - but this year I'm GONNA do it). Then I'm having breakfast at Kona Cafe. Wanna join me? Then I'll probably head over to Epcot for some free F&W seminars (Fridays are a good day to do that before the locals storm the gates on the weekend).

macraven
04-28-2008, 08:39 PM
Actually, I decided to leave on the 5th. I really want to do PFTS :thumbsup2 (I did it four years ago solo and do not think that it is a solo activity).
Plus, I will be doing Tony's Breakfast Grand Gathering that morning with my brother and his family and it made it too rushed to try to fly out on Saturday. So, I get an extra day:banana: :banana:

Cindy

P.S. Is anyone doing anything on October 3rd??

i have a adr for ohanas that night for 7:05
wanna join in?

I'm going to catch the rope drop and opening ceremonies at MK (I've never managed to get up that early before - but this year I'm GONNA do it). Then I'm having breakfast at Kona Cafe. Wanna join me? Then I'll probably head over to Epcot for some free F&W seminars (Fridays are a good day to do that before the locals storm the gates on the weekend).

rope drop is good at mk and especially at ak.
i always do the rope drops.
i can do mk with you then head over to epcot that day.

i have to check the breakfast menu at kona.
i like the lunch and more so the dinner menus there.
never did a breakfast there before.

DisneyDeeva
04-28-2008, 08:49 PM
They serve a fabulous coffee - and the pineapple macadamia pancakes are yummo! Personally, I'm not a fan of Tonga Toast but some folks swear by it.

clhcpaca
04-29-2008, 09:59 AM
They serve a fabulous coffee - and the pineapple macadamia pancakes are yummo! Personally, I'm not a fan of Tonga Toast but some folks swear by it.

I second the pineapple macadamia pancakes:worship:

Cindy

macraven
04-29-2008, 10:45 AM
i tried the tonga toast years ago and i am in the minority.

i just don't like it.
will never try it again.

i will look up their menu.

you kind of hate to admit on the threads some traditional disney foods you don't like.

DisneyDeeva
04-29-2008, 03:42 PM
i tried the tonga toast years ago and i am in the minority.

i just don't like it.
will never try it again.

i will look up their menu.

you kind of hate to admit on the threads some traditional disney foods you don't like.

I'll join you in that minority - I though it was awful! I really did love their cappuccinos though :thumbsup2

clhcpaca
04-29-2008, 06:06 PM
i have a adr for ohanas that night for 7:05
wanna join in?

Ohanas sounds good; I haven't been there for 6-7 years (The menu has changed twice, I think??).

I haven't done any ADRs for my solo week or the family week. My niece made some for the family week, but most are breakfast ones: Ohanas, Akerkus, Boma and Tony's Magical Gathering and Brown Derby for dinner one night. I think that we are planning MNSSHP for 9/30----waiting to see if that is the DVC discount night. Seems like for most other meals I will be on my own :confused3 ....but I do want to spend some time at the F&WF since I will be so close staying at BCV. :love:

Thanks for the invitation, Cindy

Disney Freak Numero Uno
05-19-2008, 07:09 AM
Hi Everyone
Bumping this up.

clhcpaca
05-30-2008, 10:16 AM
:cool1: :cool1:

DisneyDeeva
06-07-2008, 01:48 PM
I made the ADR for breakfast. Ressies are for six folks but that can always be changed.

Hmmm...looking at the menu, there isn't much choice. Surely, there will be some additions, right? It was rumored to be a blend of Southeast Asian, Mediterranean, North American, and Western European cuisine. That menu sounds like something from a health food store.

This will be our last sit down meal before we head home. I guess I'll have to wait for a few reviews to see if I should rethink my plans.

OK folks - it's been quiet here lately. The Wave opens today so we shoud start to see reviews on The DIS shortly. Found this expanded menu on another thread:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wave - Breakfast Menu

Non-Alcoholic Specialties
Pirate’s Punch
Minute Maid Light Raspberry Lemonade served in a
souvenir Pirate Cup with a glowing Tinker Bell or
Captain Hook Clip-on Light 6.49

Mega-Berry Smoothie
Raspberry Purée and Nonfat Yogurt blended with Odwalla
Berries GoMega (an excellent source of Omega-3) 4.29

Supercharged Tropical Smoothie
A blend of Tropical Fruit Juices, Nonfat Yogurt, and
Odwalla Super Protein Original 4.29

Bossa Nova® Açai Juice
Organic Juice produced from wild-harvested Açai
and lightly sweetened with Agave Nectar 4.29

Odwalla® Super Protein® Original
Contains heart-healthy Soy Protein, 8 essential
Amino Acids, and crucial Vitamins and
Minerals 3.99

Odwalla® Berries GoMega®
An excellent source of Omega-3 and Fiber 3.99

Wake-up Call
Pure Sunshine
Purus Organic Vodka and Orange Juice topped with a splash of
Vitamin Energy Drink containing B & C Vitamins for metabolic
energy, Natural Caffeine for immediate energy and Ribose for
sustained energy 9.25

Ultimate Bloody Mary
Purus Organic Vodka, spicy Bloody Mary Mix, and a dash of
Hot Red Chili Sauce 9.25

Pomegranate Splash
Skyy Citrus Vodka, PAMA Pomegranate Liqueur,
Cranberry Juice, and Soda Water 8.25

Beverages
Organic Columbian Coffee 2.19
“Mesa de los Santos” is produced in Los Santos in eastern Colombia.
This well-balanced Colombian Estate coffee is shade-grown, certified
organic, and bird-friendly. This medium-bodied coffee has a sweet
Caramel start with lasting Chocolate notes.

Organic Specialties
Espresso 3.19 Cappuccino or Latte 3.69 Café Mocha 4.19
Whole Leaf Premium Silk Sachet Hot Tea 2.19

Organic Breakfast
Long Life Green
Lavender Earl Grey
Monsoon Chai
Chamomile Blossoms*
Vanilla Roobios*
Energy Tea*
Relax Tea* * No Caffeine
Juices 2.29 Whole Milk, Chocolate, or Skim 2.19 Soy 2.29

Bottled Waters
Evian 750 mL 6.50 Serves Two
Perrier 750 mL 6.50 Serves Two

Appetizers
Smoked Salmon with accompaniments 9.99
Fresh Fruit Plate 7.29

Continental Breakfast
Pastry selection with your choice of Coffee or Tea
and a choice of Juice 7.29

Entrées
American
Two Eggs with Breakfast Potatoes and choice of Bacon, Sausage, or Chicken Sausage 13.99

Ham and Cheese Omelet
served with Breakfast Potatoes and a Biscuit 11.49

Eggs Benedict
served with a Choron Sauce 10.99
served with a Petit Filet 17.99

Southern
Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Pork Loin and a Biscuit 11.49

Spinach, Tomato, and Onion Omelet
served with Breakfast Potatoes and a Biscuit 9.49

Multigrain Pancakes
with Fruit Compote with a splash of Açai Juice and choice of Bacon, Sausage, or Chicken Sausage 11.99

Multigrain French Toast
with Fruit Compote with a splash of Açai Juice and choice of Bacon, Sausage, or Chicken Sausage 11.99

Multigrain Mickey-shaped Waffles

Make your own Wave Muesli
Seasonal Fruit, Whole Grains, Yogurt, Sun-dried Fruit, and Walnuts 9.99

Scrambled Eggs
with Spinach, Feta, Breakfast Potatoes, and a Biscuit 8.49

Sides
Multigrain Muffin 3.29
Bacon or Sausage 3.59
Danish or Croissant 3.49
Smoked Pork Loin 3.49
House-made Granola
with seasonal Fruit and Yogurt 4.49
Chicken Sausage 5.99

Disney Freak Numero Uno
06-12-2008, 07:01 AM
The menu looks interesting!

macraven
06-16-2008, 09:23 AM
i am having a difficult time getting back to this thread.

i have not received any of my subscription notification from the dis in about 2.5 weeks.

anyone else having the same problem?

Disney Freak Numero Uno
06-16-2008, 05:23 PM
Hi Beth,
I have been getting subscription notifications although there hasn't been too much activity on this thread lately.
Have you been able to put together a schedule? I haven't been thinking too much about this trip since I will be at WDW next week and I've been planning that trip. After I return, I'll focus more on the fall trip.

DisneyDeeva
06-16-2008, 07:43 PM
i am having a difficult time getting back to this thread.

i have not received any of my subscription notification from the dis in about 2.5 weeks.

anyone else having the same problem?

Beth, I always turn off the e-mail notification for subscribed threads so I can't tell you if they are having a problem or not. Here is how I check for new message to the threads I'm following:

Go to the top of the page and look for a feature called Quick Links (second from the right)

Click on that you you'll get a drop down menu. The third from the bottom is Subscribed Threads. Click on that and it will bring up all the message to which you are subscribed. The ones with recent activitiy will be listed first and will be bolded.

Hope this helps! Can't wait to meet everyone in just over three months!!

macraven
06-17-2008, 10:30 PM
thank you.

i did that and most of my subscriptions are listed there.

this one and the chgo thread was not.

oh snap.

clhcpaca
07-14-2008, 11:46 AM
Been a long time since anyone posted here. What's happening with everyone???? :confused3

Cindy

Disney Freak Numero Uno
07-20-2008, 09:33 AM
Hi Cindy,
I was thinking that myself. But I think that most of our ADRs are made as are plans for MNSSHP and Party for the Senses.
Beth, were you able to put together your park schedule?

DisneyDeeva
07-20-2008, 10:14 AM
I'm on board. Anxiously awaiting the release of the F&W details (got my dialing finger and credit card handy!)

Are we still doing DHS the morning of the PFTS? I'm trying to figure out how early to go back to Pop and clean up for the event. What time do we need to queue up before the party?

Disney Freak Numero Uno
07-25-2008, 04:13 PM
Hi Everyone,
Beth mentioned to me that she got a call from Disney regarding the Garden Grill lunch. Disney dining has cancelled that lunch and Beth will make a new ADR somewhere else.
For those of you who were planning to attend, please post with your suggestions for a different restaurant. Thanks.

Disney Freak Numero Uno
07-25-2008, 06:40 PM
Hi everyone,
I posted a couple of hours ago but for some reason, the post doesn't appear. Sorry if this is a duplicate.
Beth told me that she got a call cancelling the Garden Grill lunch. For those of you who planned to attend that lunch, could you post with suggestions for other restaurants. thanks.

Disney Freak Numero Uno
07-30-2008, 05:40 PM
Bumping this up.

DisneyDeeva
07-30-2008, 05:48 PM
Sorry. I have no input here as I'm leaving on the 5th. But, I just wanted to say that I'm impatiently awaiting the release of the F&W details by Disney. And, I'm really looking forward to hanging out with everyone at PFTS!

DisneyDeeva
08-01-2008, 12:02 PM
I have a question for those of you going the first part of October? Is anyone going to be staying at Pop Century any time between 10/5 and 10/13? I'm in a fridge swap and we check out on the 5th. After me, no one has it until 10/13. If you're interested let me know and I'll point you in the right direction.

BTW - it is one of the larger fridges with a freezer. And, has a Seseo coffee maker and toaster included.

dislainey
08-11-2008, 12:47 PM
Hi Ladies,

Up in the air plans to be at WDW 10/5 - 10/9. I was supposed to be going with a friend for the FW at Epcot but things could change for her. I still have the room and haven't cancelled so I might be going solo. Still need air so if I go it might be fun to meet up and go to MNSSHP . Will check this thread again to see what's up. Have a great trip! :cool2:

Disney Freak Numero Uno
08-12-2008, 06:05 PM
Hi everyone:
I'm not sure what's happened with this trip. Very few people have posted lately so I'm not sure if plans have changed. Maybe those who are still interested could post and let everyone know their plans. Thanks.
Dislainey of course you are welcome to join us if you can!

DisneyDeeva
08-12-2008, 06:09 PM
Hi everyone:
I'm not sure what's happened with this trip. Very few people have posted lately so I'm not sure if plans have changed. Maybe those who are still interested could post and let everyone know their plans. Thanks.
Dislainey of course you are welcome to join us if you can!

:banana: I'm here!:banana:

:banana: I'm here!:banana:

Hoping and praying you guys are still planning on doing PFTS on 10/4. I REALLY want to do this but would rather experience it with some DIS friends :goodvibes

DisneyDeeva
08-21-2008, 02:06 PM
OK. the Food & Wine Festival schedule is due to be released by Disney tomorrow. Are any of you guys still going to the PFTS on 10/4? I bought a new outfit and am hoping and praying for some DISers to join me!

dislainey
08-21-2008, 06:02 PM
Sorry, I won't be attending the party. I don't arrive until the 5th. Anything that I have read says that it is a great time. Enjoy!!

Disney Freak Numero Uno
08-23-2008, 08:44 AM
Hi DisneyDeeva-The only person I have heard anything from is Macraven (Beth). She is definitely planning to be at WDW at that time. You might want to sent her a pm because I don't think that she's getting notification when someone posts on this thread.
I have not yet booked my airfare because of a minor medical procedure I'm having in early septemter-it's nothing serious but I don't want to make any definite plans until after that date. Will keep you up to date.

macraven
08-23-2008, 11:07 AM
i received a call from disney dining.

they had to cancel some on my adr's as some are changing or closing.

this is what i have so far.
i can add, subtract from the number of people depending on who is in.

Friday Oct 3: Ohana/ 7:05/ party of 2

Saturday Oct 4: LeCellier/ 7:15/ party of 3

Sunday Oct 5: Garden Grill/ 11:20/ party of 3
Sci Fi/ 7:00/ party of 3

Monday Oct 6: Crystal Palace/ 4:45/ party of 3

Tuesday Oct 7: Ohana/ 5:00/ party of 3

Wednesday Oct 8: San Angel Inn/ 11:30/ party of 2
Kona/ 6:25 / party of 2

i figured since i have only heard from Pat, i should make my adr numbers smaller in case i have to readjust any to one person. that way, i would not be losing my adrs completely when i switch them to only me if no one else is interested in them.

but, i can always cancel some of them out if any of you have other adr's that are better.......well, tastier........:laughing:

i just read on the wdw site that they have added another mnsshp for saturday the 5th of oct.

i know there will be mnsshp on the 4th- 5th- 6th- and the 7th while i am there.

i have not bought my ticket yet as i don't know when anyone else is going.
give me a heads up if you are interested in doing mnsshp with me/ group.

forgot to add: i have not received any of the email notifications for subscriptions when someone posts since june.
i check back here on occasion to find out if any news are posted.

Dancind
08-23-2008, 03:10 PM
Well, I have not kept up, sorry! I will still be there solo Oct 5-9. My family arrives on the 9th, and we plan on the Halloween party that night. I have a single ADR for the The Wave at the Contemporary on Monday Oct. 6 at 6:55. It's new and I wanted to try it, so if anyone would like to join me, I'm pretty sure I can add to the party. I have a DDE card for 20% off, but it has to be on one ticket, surely we could work something out. Or maybe I will join you at Ohana? Not my favorite place, but the company should be good!

I'm also hoping to book the Mediterranean Flavors tasting on Tuesday the 6th, and would LOVE some company for that! Anyone thinking about that one?

DisneyDeeva
08-23-2008, 03:55 PM
Hmmm....Looks like I'll be doing PFTS by myself on the 4th :sad2:

I have ADRs for breakfast at The Wave on the 5th at 9:45, if anyone cares to join me. There is just me and my friend, Shirley but I made the ADRs for 6 in the hopes that I could find some DISers to come to the PFTS on Saturday. I figured we could do breakfast the next morning - as long as it wasn't too early :sick:

We have to head back to reality on Sunday afternoon. Otherwise, I would be sooo up for the tasting.

macraven
08-27-2008, 12:44 AM
Well, I have not kept up, sorry! I will still be there solo Oct 5-9. My family arrives on the 9th, and we plan on the Halloween party that night. I have a single ADR for the The Wave at the Contemporary on Monday Oct. 6 at 6:55. It's new and I wanted to try it, so if anyone would like to join me, I'm pretty sure I can add to the party. I have a DDE card for 20% off, but it has to be on one ticket, surely we could work something out. Or maybe I will join you at Ohana? Not my favorite place, but the company should be good!

I'm also hoping to book the Mediterranean Flavors tasting on Tuesday the 6th, and would LOVE some company for that! Anyone thinking about that one?

so far, it's just me at ohana and i would love for you to join me.

i made it early in case i decided to do mnsshp.

Hmmm....Looks like I'll be doing PFTS by myself on the 4th :sad2:

I have ADRs for breakfast at The Wave on the 5th at 9:45, if anyone cares to join me. There is just me and my friend, Shirley but I made the ADRs for 6 in the hopes that I could find some DISers to come to the PFTS on Saturday. I figured we could do breakfast the next morning - as long as it wasn't too early :sick:

We have to head back to reality on Sunday afternoon. Otherwise, I would be sooo up for the tasting.

i know squat about the pfts.
can you post a link on what it is about?
i might be interested in it.

i checked out the wave menu and it didn't hit me as a must do place.

i was a regular at the concourse in the past but was looking forward to a different type of menu for the new replacement place.

dislainey
08-27-2008, 06:20 AM
Hi all,

Still reading posts to this thread to see what everyone is up to. As of now, I will be solo from 10/5 thru 10/8 my hubby will meeet me that evening but still have an invitation to a dear friend to join me my solo days but she still hasn't booked airfare. So......if anyone doesn't mind sharing a ride or maybe a meal I should know in a few weeks definetively which days I am solo. I have no adr's ( first time I have ever done this!!!!) since I always enjoy the great choices at the F&W festival. I am also looking forward to eat to the beat concerts. By the way if anyone is interested in Toy Story Mania you have to get fastpasses first thing in the morning or you will miss out!

clhcpaca
08-27-2008, 10:35 AM

i figured since i have only heard from Pat, i should make my adr numbers smaller in case i have to readjust any to one person. that way, i would not be losing my adrs completely when i switch them to only me if no one else is interested in them.

but, i can always cancel some of them out if any of you have other adr's that are better.......well, tastier........:laughing:

i just read on the wdw site that they have added another mnsshp for saturday the 5th of oct.

i know there will be mnsshp on the 4th- 5th- 6th- and the 7th while i am there.

i have not bought my ticket yet as i don't know when anyone else is going.
give me a heads up if you are interested in doing mnsshp with me/ group.

forgot to add: i have not received any of the email notifications for subscriptions when someone posts since june.

Hi

I will be at WDW from 9/19-10/5. From 9/28-10/5 I will be at BCV. I am interested in Ohana on Friday. :goodvibes Would like to go to LeCellier on Saturday, also. :thumbsup2 It's my last night there, but I don't think that my niece would mind. (She works at WDW and we spend lots of time together....but we can have all day Saturday and Sunday morning with each other).

Let me know, Cindy:banana:

DisneyDeeva
08-27-2008, 11:03 AM
i know squat about the pfts.
can you post a link on what it is about?
i might be interested in it.

Here is a link to another thread on the DIS. It has a scanned copy of the brochure that was sent to DDE members last week. A few pages down, there is a description of Party For The Senses.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1927739

I've been dying to do this for a few years now but have never been able to find anyone to go with me. This year, since I joined DIS boards, I was hoping to find a couple of adventurous souls to join me. But, if I have to, I guess I'll go it alone. This is one of the two things I'm determined to do this trip (the other being the Segway tour)

macraven
08-27-2008, 11:58 AM
Here is a link to another thread on the DIS. It has a scanned copy of the brochure that was sent to DDE members last week. A few pages down, there is a description of Party For The Senses.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1927739

I've been dying to do this for a few years now but have never been able to find anyone to go with me. This year, since I joined DIS boards, I was hoping to find a couple of adventurous souls to join me. But, if I have to, I guess I'll go it alone. This is one of the two things I'm determined to do this trip (the other being the Segway tour)

i was thinking it was a food tasting thing.
boy, how blonde am i today....:eek:

i wouldn't mind trying it but don't think it would be worth $135 for me to do so. i don't drink wine or beer.
jack daniels is my best drinking buddy.........:rolleyes1 :hippie:

macraven
08-27-2008, 12:03 PM
Hi

I will be at WDW from 9/19-10/5. From 9/28-10/5 I will be at BCV. I am interested in Ohana on Friday. :goodvibes Would like to go to LeCellier on Saturday, also. :thumbsup2 It's my last night there, but I don't think that my niece would mind. (She works at WDW and we spend lots of time together....but we can have all day Saturday and Sunday morning with each other).

Let me know, Cindy:banana:

i would be happy to have you for the adr's.

if more want to come to the friday ohana, i can up the number easily.
i called and was told my table would seat 4 as there are no 2 seaters for that time period for me. if we go more than 4, then i need to call and adjust it.

i am still not getting any email notifications for my subscriptions when someone posts.

i need to send another pm to the tech board to see if they can fix the computer glitch for it.

i will try to check in a couple of times a week here.

i will be out of town on sunday sept 7 to friday 12.
i have to visit my parents down in st louis area.

clhcpaca
08-27-2008, 12:52 PM
i would be happy to have you for the adr's.

Thanks. :yay: I have not been to Ohana for dinner for about 6 years (It has changed its menu twice since then) and I could not get an ADR for LeCellier for the first week of my vacation. I'm looking forward to getting together with you and other Disers at both restaurants. :goodvibes

Thanks, Cindy:dance3:

dislainey
08-27-2008, 01:44 PM
Disneydeeva

I did the segway tour in July and it was a blast!!! Don't forget that they offer a discount if you have an ap, dvc or aaa, just ask. If you have any questions I would be more than happy to answer them.

dislainey
08-27-2008, 01:45 PM
macraven,

Just got back from St. Louis. My son goes to SLU so we were out there moving him in. Enjoy the visit with your parents.

macraven
08-28-2008, 09:53 AM
:thumbsup2

macraven
09-14-2008, 09:03 PM
i'm back from seeing my parental units in the st louis area.

and i see no one has been around here since i last was.

i have 18 days left before the motherland trip.

i hope others start posting before i leave so we can connect with each other.

DisneyDeeva
09-14-2008, 09:15 PM
Truthfully, I had kinda figured everyone has disappeared with the wind. I went ahead and signed up for PFTS on the 4th. I'm determined to do it this year...even if I have to do it alone :sad2:

Tomorrow, I do the single digit dance. Plans are all made, fees all paid and packing has begun! :cool1:

dislainey
09-15-2008, 06:41 AM
Welcome back from your trip Macraven. Sorry Disneydeeva but I don't arrive until the 5th so no PFTS for me. I am still willing to meet up but I thought I was highjacking on a group that already had previous plans when I first posted to this thread.

CarolynNC
09-16-2008, 02:49 PM
I bet you guys thought I dropped off the face of the earth. I nearly did! :) I just realized how close it was until time for the F & W festival, I really need a vacation, so I'm booking tonight. They still have tickets to the 10/4 party for the senses so I'm booking that tonight too. Anyone still going? I have lots to read to catch up but I'm planning on arrival on 10/2 and leaving 10/8. If you have room for me at any planned meals (except Saturday night) or activities, please invite me to join you. I'll try to get up to speed today or tomorrow.

Carolyn

Disney Freak Numero Uno
09-16-2008, 04:09 PM
Carolyn!!! We thought we had lost you. I'm still up in the air about the trip because of recent medical issues. But Macraven is definitely still on. I hope she sees your post and joins in. I'll keep everyone posted about my situation as we get closer.

Disney Freak Numero Uno
09-16-2008, 04:10 PM
Disney Deeva is also still on as you can tell from the last few posts.

clhcpaca
09-16-2008, 05:40 PM
I'm still on, but I will be leaving Sunday afternoon to go home.:sad2:

Macraven has made reservations at several restaurants. I know Friday night, 9/26 is Ohana and I think there was still room. You should try to PM her as she isn't getting the notifications when someone posts on this thread.

Cindy:thumbsup2

macraven
09-17-2008, 12:53 PM

still not getting my email notifications but trying to check in here twice a day by going thru the user cp link.

ok, have cindy for ohana on friday and le cellier for saturday.

carolyn, do you want in for ohana also for that friday?
i'm doing a repeat on that place again on the 8th/tuesday.

if anyone else is interested,let me know so we can exchange cell #'s.

doing a repeat on the adr's i have so you don't have to go back and find them on another page.

and yes, carloyn, i thought you dropped off the face of the earth.
we had a great time at kona's for dinner together 2 years back.
and last year pat and i did kona for dinner also.

macraven
09-17-2008, 12:58 PM
Truthfully, I had kinda figured everyone has disappeared with the wind. I went ahead and signed up for PFTS on the 4th. I'm determined to do it this year...even if I have to do it alone :sad2:

Tomorrow, I do the single digit dance. Plans are all made, fees all paid and packing has begun! :cool1:

Welcome back from your trip Macraven. Sorry Disneydeeva but I don't arrive until the 5th so no PFTS for me. I am still willing to meet up but I thought I was highjacking on a group that already had previous plans when I first posted to this thread.

looks there is a match for that saturday for carolyn and disneydeeva!

woo hoo!!

dislainey, no you are not hijacking the thread or group.
we love gals that want to get together at the motherland.

2 years ago there was a thread for a disney trip for women only.
that is where i met carolyn and pat.
carolyn and i shared a dinner one night but pat and i only meet through the list.
last year pat and i met up and did our meals together.
during the day we both went our own ways and on some of the days, we did the parks together.

i'm crazy for mgm/dhs and not that many people are.
i think pat did the horses on that day when i did that park.
we kept in touch by cell while at the parks.
it worked out fine.

i figured that can be done again.
if you have plans to do a certain park on one day, then do it.
meet up later for dinner or lunch or spend time at a park together.

i realized many are going with friends and family.
i go solo so i am flexible with my time there.

macraven
09-17-2008, 03:11 PM
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee9/MaggieMaeFF/CIMG3466.jpg[/QUOTE]

a pic of pat and myself from last years mnsshp

i'm the blonde and pat is the brunette.

so for those that see me, you know what i look like now.
cindy..........will be seeing you at two of the adr's set up

dislainey
09-17-2008, 03:26 PM
Hi Macraven ... If you have room at the table on Tuesday, Oct. 7th @ Ohana's I would love to join you. Are you doing this early so that you can go to MNSSHP? I have never been but I am thinking about going and this location would really work out.

Disney Freak Numero Uno
09-17-2008, 05:32 PM
If anyone is going to MNSSHP, what night did you decide on? I'm guessing that it's Tuesday since there is an ADR at Ohana for that night.

I've checked airfares for Oct 4 since I haven't booked anything yet. My husband feels that I should go on this trip so I will make a decision tonight and book first thing tomorrow morninig. Will let you all know.

CarolynNC
09-18-2008, 04:48 PM
Come on Pat, you have to come. You & Mac started this. I booked and paid for my hotel, tickets, air, and PFTS tickets last night. No stopping me now. I arrive on Thursday, 10/2 before lunch time and leave Wednesday, 10/8 around 5pm. I'm staying at the POP and was able to take advantage of that great fall offer. I wish I could have managed a longer stay but I'm feeling lucky to get this much time.

D'D' will have company as we experience booze and food of the finest order....or at least it better be for those prices. :rotfl2: If not, that will be one expensive souvenir wine glass. I'll probably drop it and break it and cry all the way home.

Mac, may I join Ohana's on 10/7 at 5pm and SciFi on 10/5 at 7pm? I just love the adult milkshakes at SciFi. It isn't a trip to Studios if I don't have one. I'm going to join D'D' and Shirley for breakfast on the 5th and may try Yak & Yeti with D'D' on the 3rd for a late lunch. I haven't been there yet and I like to try all of them.

Any other food options? I want to check out the F & W seminar schedule too.

Anyway, I'm in and I'm super excited. :yay:

DisneyDeeva
09-18-2008, 04:57 PM
Come on Pat, you have to come. You & Mac started this. I booked and paid for my hotel, tickets, air, and PFTS tickets last night. No stopping me now. I arrive on Thursday, 10/2 before lunch time and leave Wednesday, 10/8 around 5pm. I'm staying at the POP and was able to take advantage of that great fall offer. I wish I could have managed a longer stay but I'm feeling lucky to get this much time.

D'D' will have company as we experience booze and food of the finest order....or at least it better be for those prices. :rotfl2: If not, that will be one expensive souvenir wine glass. I'll probably drop it and break it and cry all the way home.

Mac, may I join Ohana's on 10/7 at 5pm and SciFi on 10/5 at 7pm? I just love the adult milkshakes at SciFi. It isn't a trip to Studios if I don't have one. I'm going to join D'D' and Shirley for breakfast on the 5th and may try Yak & Yeti with D'D' on the 3rd for a late lunch. I haven't been there yet and I like to try all of them.

Me too! I so happy to finally get to do PFTS and not have to go alone!

macraven
09-19-2008, 11:32 PM
Hi Macraven ... If you have room at the table on Tuesday, Oct. 7th @ Ohana's I would love to join you. Are you doing this early so that you can go to MNSSHP? I have never been but I am thinking about going and this location would really work out.

that was my thought when i made the adr.
i was reading that the mnsshp would be lighter on sunday oct 5th.

now i don't know what to do.....
i haven't been over to the CB to see any threads for mnsshp meets.

got you penciled in for ohana on the 7th. :goodvibes

If anyone is going to MNSSHP, what night did you decide on? I'm guessing that it's Tuesday since there is an ADR at Ohana for that night.

I've checked airfares for Oct 4 since I haven't booked anything yet. My husband feels that I should go on this trip so I will make a decision tonight and book first thing tomorrow morninig. Will let you all know.

what do you mean you'll make a decision ..........
you started the group up this year, you have to go.....

got you penciled also carolyn...:goodvibes
ohana and the milk shakes at the studios. can't get any better than that.

i read there will be 2 fantasia shows that week.

yak and yeti sounds good.
who all is doing that place?
room for one more??

i booked with the code that came out in the summer.
well, i had booked in january/feb for the room only but switched to the package in august.

now there is another package for disney visa holders.
i need to call in the morning to see if that rate is better than what i have.

DisneyDeeva
09-20-2008, 09:42 AM
yak and yeti sounds good.
who all is doing that place?
room for one more??
if that rate is better than what i have.

Absolutely! I called this morning to make the chage. Disney Dining is weird so I had to book two tables for two (at noon) instead of a table for three or four. But, I'm sure they will seat us together once we check in. I made the ADR earlyish so I can spend the afternoon at Epcot. I hope that lunch at noon is OK with you guys.

I'm so psyched - I figured I would be eating at Y&Y alone and was just going to sit at the bar. YAY!

Disney Freak Numero Uno
09-20-2008, 10:08 AM
What day are you doing Yak and Yeti?

Disney Freak Numero Uno
09-20-2008, 10:09 AM
Sorry, I just saw the date on the post above. I definitely wouldn't be there on 10/3 anyway.

dislainey
09-20-2008, 10:16 AM
Hi Ladies. So is anyone from this group going to MNSSHP on Oct. 7 or are you going on a different night? I was going to buy my ticket in advance but I guess I'll wait and buy it the night of the party. Getting excited... the trip isn't far off!

macraven
09-20-2008, 11:37 AM
Sorry, I just saw the date on the post above. I definitely wouldn't be there on 10/3 anyway.

so what you are telling us you are ON for the trip now?

goody, goody.....:goodvibes

Hi Ladies. So is anyone from this group going to MNSSHP on Oct. 7 or are you going on a different night? I was going to buy my ticket in advance but I guess I'll wait and buy it the night of the party. Getting excited... the trip isn't far off!

i am torn, i have gone to mnsshp for the last 5 years.
on 2 of the past years, i went to two mnsshp at disney.

i am not sure if the 5th, sunday or the 7th, tuesday would be best.
from what i read on another site, the 5th was highly recommended over the 7th.

i will buy my ticket the day before the mnsshp once i am at the motherland, that way i still get the cheaper cost on it.

someone make a decision here on mnsshp for the group.......:laughing:
i'll go when someone else goes.

i usually go solo to mnsshp except for last year when pat and i went together.

i go to the cb and find out if any dis meet will be on the night i do mnsshp and just meet new people there then. some years it was great and i did some rides with new people and a few years it was a bust. in that case, the group was very tight knit and didn't warm up to new outsiders.

Absolutely! I called this morning to make the chage. Disney Dining is weird so I had to book two tables for two (at noon) instead of a table for three or four. But, I'm sure they will seat us together once we check in. I made the ADR earlyish so I can spend the afternoon at Epcot. I hope that lunch at noon is OK with you guys.

I'm so psyched - I figured I would be eating at Y&Y alone and was just going to sit at the bar. YAY!

i called disney dining this morning and was told not to worry about changing some of the adr's to 4 from 3 people.
they said for ohana i would get a table for 5 without asking if i booked for 3.
sci fi said not a problem also. le cellier said the table i am assigned is for 4 as no 3 seaters there.

i guess it depends on which resturaunt you go to to determine how the tables are set up.

i'm off to allears to read up on the menu for y & y

i believe i sent my cell number to cindy already.
we can exchange numbers later this week in case anything changes while we are down at the motherland.

i remember back in 06, i had an adr for kona in the evening and was expecting 2 disers to meet with me.

i was looking at a lady who was dialing on her cell phone, i was doing the same.

when that gal said hello, i found carolyn!

she was standing a few feet from me so i could hear what she said without using my phone....:laughing:

well, if you don't know what the people look like that you are meeting up with, the cell phone is your best friend.

i posted my and pat's pic so you could get an idea of what we looked like.
we are both in our "mnsshp costume" in that pic.

macraven
09-20-2008, 11:47 AM
just to tie up a loose end from a previous comment i made yesterday.

i booked with the QXD code/ solo guest and called disney today to see what the disney visa code QXZ would be.

the visa code is $100. 55 more than what i booked at.

the 24th is the last day you can use the QXD code for the discount in case you haven't booked yet, or want to make a change from one code to another.

ANTSS2001
09-20-2008, 12:30 PM
i'm off to allears to read up on the menu for y & y

:offtopic:

Mac :wave: I have been eating at Y&Y and had tried all the food in the menu :lmao: but since I love that kind of food I really enjoyed everything... for 1st timers I suggest if you like the duck.. get the duck.. or for variety get the steak and shrimp.. make sure you are hungry when you get there since they give you big portions... and if you are dining around the JJ parade requesto be sitted on the second floor by the window... and for dessert never miss the pineapple on skewers! Yummyoooo!!!

Disney Freak Numero Uno
09-20-2008, 01:49 PM
Just to keep you all up to date, I found a pretty good package with a pin that I got in the mail. I have until 10 pm tonight to book and I still have to work out the travel arrangements.
I think that if I do make the trip, I would be coming from Friday, 10/3 to Tuesday, 10/7 so I can only do MNSSHP on Sunday, 10/5,

macraven
09-22-2008, 12:44 PM
:offtopic:

Mac :wave: I have been eating at Y&Y and had tried all the food in the menu :lmao: but since I love that kind of food I really enjoyed everything... for 1st timers I suggest if you like the duck.. get the duck.. or for variety get the steak and shrimp.. make sure you are hungry when you get there since they give you big portions... and if you are dining around the JJ parade requesto be sitted on the second floor by the window... and for dessert never miss the pineapple on skewers! Yummyoooo!!!

thanks homie!! will do

i haven't seen any other homies going during my time period on your thread.
i did contact a few but never got a response back.

and we are still on when parry hotter island opens up at UO for you to go with me for that and HHN..........i have you penciled in on my calendar:goodvibes

macraven
09-22-2008, 12:46 PM
Just to keep you all up to date, I found a pretty good package with a pin that I got in the mail. I have until 10 pm tonight to book and I still have to work out the travel arrangements.
I think that if I do make the trip, I would be coming from Friday, 10/3 to Tuesday, 10/7 so I can only do MNSSHP on Sunday, 10/5,

lucky ducky.........:woohoo:

i have never recieved a pin code in my life.

hope you can find a great air rate.
maybe expedia will have a good deal for you...

let us know how your plans are going.

ANTSS2001
09-22-2008, 12:50 PM
thanks homie!! will do

i haven't seen any other homies going during my time period on your thread.
i did contact a few but never got a response back.

and we are still on when parry hotter island opens up at UO for you to go with me for that and HHN..........i have you penciled in on my calendar:goodvibes

mac!!!!!!!!!!! we gotta met before that Pitter Potter meet!!!!!!!!! we have been playing date tag forever!!!!!!!!!!!:lmao:

BTW Peeps!!!!!!!1

Happy First day of Fall !!!!!!!!!

http://img.123greetings.com/eventsnew/esep_fall_happy/8335-002-41-1834.gif

macraven
09-23-2008, 10:10 AM
mac!!!!!!!!!!! we gotta met before that Pitter Potter meet!!!!!!!!! we have been playing date tag forever!!!!!!!!!!!:lmao:

BTW Peeps!!!!!!!1

Happy First day of Fall !!!!!!!!!

http://img.123greetings.com/eventsnew/esep_fall_happy/8335-002-41-1834.gif

i know.....

pencil me in your calendar and tell me when to be where.......:goodvibes

macraven
09-23-2008, 10:11 AM
pat, where are you.............

come out, come out, where ever you are.......

did you decide yet?

we are all ears waiting to know

Disney Freak Numero Uno
09-23-2008, 06:20 PM
Hi Mac and everyone else,
As of right now I am booked for 10/3, checking out 10/7. I had surgery today and will speak to the doctor later in the week. If she says it's okay to fly next Friday, I will be there.
I'm a little disappointed because I can't go swimming for at least two weeks.
Anyway, I'll let you all know. At least my travel and hotel are all arranged.

macraven
09-23-2008, 08:02 PM
pat, i hope your recovery is smooth and quick and painless.

get well soon.

don't worry about the swimming, it's highly over rated when at disney.

can you tell i'm a park person and not a water baby........:laughing:

you take care of yourself.
i'll keep my fingers crossed that you will heal fine and get the go ahead from your doc

dislainey
09-24-2008, 05:55 AM
Just want to send good wishes to Disney Freak Numero Uno ! Hope you are on the mend quickly so that you can make your trip.

RachelTori
09-24-2008, 07:36 AM
Hi everyone! :wave:

Just stopping by to say sorry that our dates were a little "off" this year! I'm heading to WDW Saturday morning; will be there until 10/4. Maybe I'll run into y'all on 10/3! :goodvibes

Pat, wishing you a speedy recovery. :hug: Hoping your doctor gives you the OK!

macraven
09-24-2008, 09:11 PM
hi ya laura......i'll be in the motherland on the 2nd............

where do you wanna meet...........:hippie:

RachelTori
09-25-2008, 04:16 AM
hi ya laura......i'll be in the motherland on the 2nd............

where do you wanna meet...........:hippie:

Hey there macraven! :wave2:

I'm planning to be at AK that day/Epcot in the evening.

Have a 2pm ADR at Tusker.

:goodvibes

Disney Freak Numero Uno
09-25-2008, 05:44 PM
Thank you all. I'm feeling great today. And I just got my travel papers from Disney. I didn't know that they sent them by express mail.
Hope to see you all.

Disney Freak Numero Uno
09-26-2008, 08:11 PM
Is everyone willing to share their cell phone numbers so that we can find each other?
Beth, is your number still the same as last year? If so, I have it stored in my phone.
For everyone else, my number is (718) 744-7527.

macraven
09-26-2008, 09:45 PM
yes it is.

i gave it to two others on this thread recently.

anyone that wants it, let me know and i'll pm it to you.

pat, glad you are going !!

hope you feel better real soon.

macraven
09-26-2008, 09:48 PM
Hey there macraven! :wave2:

I'm planning to be at AK that day/Epcot in the evening.

Have a 2pm ADR at Tusker.

:goodvibes

my flight lands abour 11:50 on the 2nd.

once i get my room, i can head out to epcot.

how will i find you?
epcot is kind of big.........

dislainey
09-28-2008, 05:15 PM
Hi Macraven,

back home from a great trip in St. Louis. Did you get my pm? if not can you send me your cell #

Disney Freak Numero Uno
09-28-2008, 05:18 PM
Is anyone interested in doing the haunted carriage ride through Fort Wilderness? It's $60 and the carriage can accomodate 3 adults ( and a couple of kids, none of which we have on this trip). If so, I'll call this week to reserve.

CarolynNC
09-28-2008, 10:04 PM
I'm still in. Booked and paid for. I have Alisa's & Pat's cell #'s. I'm getting ready to pm Beth too. I arrive on the 2nd (Thursday) before noon. Hopefully I'll be checking into Pop by Noon. See you all later this week.

I have Y & Y on the 3rd at noon, PFTS on the 4th, Wave for breakfast on the 5th and SciFi at 7pm, and Ohana at 5pm on the 7th. Did I commit to anything else? Anything else I should commit to? :confused3

I'm getting really excited. Now if I can just clear my desk, find something to pack, and hit the bank to rob my savings. I'm not worrying about money on this trip. I'm going to enjoy myself and not pinch pennies. Of course my needs are not expensive so I plan to do whatever I want without worry.

Disney Freak Numero Uno
09-29-2008, 03:35 PM
Carolyn, we have Boma on 10/6. I made the reservation for 3 so if anyone else wants to join us, please do. I think that If we show up with more than 3 there shouldn't be a problem.
Also, I reserved the haunted carriage ride for 10/6 at 8:30. I'm hoping someone else will want to do this with me. The cost is $60 so if 3 or us go it is only $20 each. Let me know.

Disney Freak Numero Uno
09-29-2008, 06:25 PM
Hi Everyone,
Beth, count me in for Ohana on Friday, 10/3 and for Le Cellier on 10/4. Not sure what I'll do on Sunday because I would like to do the Halloween party that night.
Carolyn and I (and whomever else is interested) are supposed to eat at Boma on 10/6.

CarolynNC
09-29-2008, 06:47 PM
Hi Everyone,
Beth, count me in for Ohana on Friday, 10/3 and for Le Cellier on 10/4. Not sure what I'll do on Sunday because I would like to do the Halloween party that night.
Carolyn and I (and whomever else is interested) are supposed to eat at Boma on 10/6.

I forgot all about Boma and I love that place. What time do we eat?

Where are you staying? I need to record this stuff on my calendar before I forget more. It's getting closer! Woohoo!

Disney Freak Numero Uno
09-29-2008, 07:19 PM
Hi Carolyn,
I'm staying at the Yacht Club. Our reservation at Boma is kind of early, 4:40 although I have found that you generally don't get seated right away there. We'll probably be seated closer to 5:30. Hope that time is good for you.

CarolynNC
09-29-2008, 07:26 PM
Hi Carolyn,
I'm staying at the Yacht Club. Our reservation at Boma is kind of early, 4:40 although I have found that you generally don't get seated right away there. We'll probably be seated closer to 5:30. Hope that time is good for you.

This site keeps logging me out. It's becoming irritating.

4:40 is fine with me. I'll plan my eating accordingly. I want to be hungry when I get there.

I'm putting everything on my calendar so I won't forget anything I've committed to do.

Describe the carriage ride. I've never heard of it.

Disney Freak Numero Uno
09-30-2008, 07:04 AM
I tried to get some more info about the carriage ride when I made the reservation. The CM I spoke to said he had never done it himself but that it begain booking very quickly as soon as it was available. It's a carriage ride (used to be a hayride) through Fort Wilderness. I'm guessing that they have props set up in the forest, maybe people also, who pop out and scare you along the way. I don't know how long it is but they are scheduled hourly and three carriages go out every hour. There is some information on the DIS site. Im going to check other sites and I'll post again if I find more information.

macraven
09-30-2008, 11:43 PM
homies it is now wednesday and i doubt i will be on very much today.

i will check back for any messages or pm's directed to me before i take off.

i leave thursday with car service at 5 am.
i'll get up at 4 to pack my junk together.

i hope we can all connect together, even the ones i haven't heard from.

i listed my adr's.
in case you didn't respond to any of them, do know that you will be welcomed to join us at any time.

i have some cell numbers and if i call you and get your voice mail, i'll leave a time and date i called.
don't want to have you suffer from phone tag....:laughing:

my flight does not leave chgo until 8:15 am but i have to be there early for security. it is a pain to use that airport but i have no choice this time.
already have my ticket...my flight should arrive 11:50 bar any delays.
i expect to be at my resort around 1ish as i have a grocery stop scheduled with my car service from mco.

this is my good bye note to you all.
i will check in sometime tomorrow to catch any messages i need to know.

see ya' in the motherland!

CarolynNC
10-12-2008, 04:17 PM
I'm finally getting back to normal. The trip was great. I just wish I'd had more time. The trip just went too fast. It was great seeing Pat & Beth again. It's was also nice meeting Alisa & Elaine. I guess Beth will be on her way home tomorrow.

Alisa, I'll search out your review on the PFTS so I can grab the food info. If you don't do one be sure to send your pics so I can figure out what I ate! :)

dislainey
10-15-2008, 02:46 PM
Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to say Hello and it was great meeting Pat, Beth and Carolyn. It is nice to know there are others out there who love Disney. I enjoyed sharing a meal, a ride and chatting with you ladies. Maybe I'll see you next fall. I enjoy going while the Food and Wine Festival is going on so I 'll keep an eye out for your posts to see if you gals are going again.

macraven
10-15-2008, 05:24 PM
hello homies..........
i got back home late on monday night.

today i am trying to organize my junk i brought back.

yesterday was dedicated to laundry since the other 4 male adults in the house forgot how to turn the washing machine on...........:laughing:

i booked the bounceback before i left.
my dates for the motherland next year will be sept 30 - oct 8, then to the darkside for 5 nights for HHN.

if anyone will be there during that time period, i will making my adr's in march. give me a holler if you want to share a meal and if you have a particular place in mind.

if anyone does a trippie, post it over here also please.
sometimes i can't find everything.
the DIS is a big place......:rolleyes1

it was fantastic to meet so many of you!
i really enjoyed our times together.
with some it was rides, meals or just walking around and talking disney.
such a wonderful way to spend time at the motherland with other disney lovers.

Disney Freak Numero Uno
10-17-2008, 12:26 PM
Hi Beth!
Welcome home. Hope you had a good time at Universal.

macraven
10-21-2008, 02:42 PM
thanks pat, everyone else get back safe and sound??

i'll spend this winter trying to figure out where i want to make my adrs for next fall trip.....:laughing:

macraven
11-05-2008, 08:44 AM
homies,
who is on for a repeat for 2009?

anyone else book the bounceback when they were there this last time?

I'll be at the motherland at my home away from home resort again at the end of september. will be there for 8 nights this time.

will our fearless leader pat start the thread again?
will the gang be back together for another round of eats and rides?
stay tuned for another adventure at the motherland.......

i'm ready to go back and ride the rides again and eat until i burst.

i'll be making my adr's in late march next year.....

DisneyDeeva
11-05-2008, 10:43 AM
Yay Beth! I was bummed that my trip only overlapped yours by a couple days. It would be awesome to hang with my fellow DISers again next year.

I've been working like a crazy woman since I got back. It's a brand new role within my company and the good news is that it gives me much more vacation flexibility than I had as an Account Executive :)

I'm booked on the bounceback and plan to add a few days on to each end. So, right now, my (tentative) plan is:

24 to 28 September at AKL (I'm doing the EEC again)
29 September to 7 October at Pop Century
8 to 11 October at either Boardwalk or Beach Club

Shirley will likely be leaving that first weekend in October so I'll get a whole week to hang out at the Food & Wine Festival or do whatever the heck I want! Yay!!

macraven
11-05-2008, 11:03 AM
hey homie, so good to see you here.

there is one thing i am tossing around to do is the 7 hour tour of 3 of the parks.
i think it is $200, but a discount if you have the disney visa or ap.

i have taken over tours at disney but not this one.
i need to read up on some of the reviews that have been posted about this tour.

anyone know anything about that 7 hour tour?

hey with shirley leaving early, she'll miss out on all the fun!

DisneyDeeva
11-05-2008, 01:29 PM
LOL! Fun is definitely NOT Shirley's middle name. If I was going to have to spend more that a few days rooming with her, I was seriously considering telling her I couldn't go next year.

I almost did that tour last month. Only reason I didn't was that I had already crammed so much into one trip. I did the Segway Around The World Tour instead. I'm also looking into getting Open Water certified so I can do the DiveQuest tour.

Disney Freak Numero Uno
11-05-2008, 04:46 PM
Hi Beth and Alisa,
You can count me in for 2009. How early should we start a new thread?

macraven
11-05-2008, 11:06 PM
i believe i can start booking my adrs in march.
alisa is going to be at the motherland about five days before me.

either one of us can make the adr's for the group in march.

why don't you start the new thread at least a month prior to that?

this way, we can get an idea of who wants to eat where for the fall trip.

i know not everyone will be there on the same dates. if we have quite a few already aware of their dates at disney, we could coordinate it better this time around.

also, when we make adr's, we can add more numbers to them so the gals that join in at the last minute or sometime in the months prior will have a spot with us.

i forget who likes to eat where.
i do remember that pat and carolyn really like boma for dinner.

if there are favorite places, list them here ladies.

i do think i want to take the backstage tour one day.
i can book it before the group is all at disney if no one is interested in doing that tour. or, if others are interested, i can book the tour when others have the day available. the tour starts in the morning so the late afternoon would be freed up to dine with the others.

this will be so much fun!

and, i'll be getting my pass again.

pat, i think starting the thread early would be a good thing.
maybe you could start out the new thread with a time period listed.
alisa and i have already booked out dates.
are you flexible with dates in that time period we are in?

i'll send a pm to carolyn and dislainey and tell them to figure out their dates for the fall 09 motherland trip.

i think it was 5 of us that ended up mostly together or at least with one in the group most of the time.

we can start with our core group and see if we can pick up more homies along the way.

alisa, through your ideas out here too..

macraven
11-05-2008, 11:13 PM
i just sent elaine and carolyn a pm to come to the thread here.

macraven
11-05-2008, 11:47 PM
pat,
i have a suggestion.

when you start the new thread, do 2 more posts after that to hold them for future information.

after you post your initial message about a dis meet, title the next post,
list of disers going and their dates.

then do another post and list the adr's.
i know you won't have adr's when you first start the thread but just state in that post, look here for future adr plans.

this way, we can always go back to the first page to see who is going, and when we are going to eat.
any newbies that come along can check out the schedule.
we might get some disers to join in for a meal or some rides then.

you could also hold the 4th post in the thread for activities.
mnsshp/ tours/ horseback riding/ dtd/ illuminations, etc.

just a thought i wanted to pass on to you.

ANTSS2001
11-06-2008, 10:17 AM
any newbies that come along can check out the schedule.

did someone mentioned newby ???

mackie pointed me this way :wave: bouncing back on Sept. 28 to Oct. 11 of 2009 :wave:

macraven
11-06-2008, 10:29 AM
i take that you are in with us for some meals, walking and rides......

timmy, shake your head yes now.....

i know you have a thread going on for the fall but you can still do some things with us. in fact anyone that has signed up with the thread you have going are very welcome to join in with us also. we love disney people!!

the only difference with your thread and this one is we are ladies only.

and you do plan to do the darkside with me.
shake your head yes again now..:goodvibes

ANTSS2001
11-06-2008, 10:52 AM
i take that you are in with us for some meals, walking and rides......

timmy, shake your head yes now.....

i know you have a thread going on for the fall but you can still do some things with us. in fact anyone that has signed up with the thread you have going are very welcome to join in with us also. we love disney people!!

the only difference with your thread and this one is we are ladies only.

and you do plan to do the darkside with me.
shake your head yes again now..:goodvibes

:faint: !!!

:woohoo:

macraven
11-06-2008, 07:43 PM
:faint: !!!

:woohoo:

good enough.

looks like a yes to me.....:rolleyes1

ANTSS2001
11-06-2008, 10:54 PM
good enough.

looks like a yes to me.....:rolleyes1

I might be able to fanagle a mini trip between my bday and Oct.. witht hat discount that just came out :woohoo:

dislainey
11-07-2008, 06:23 AM
Hello friends,

Thanks Beth for letting me know that people were posting to this thread. I would love to join up with the group next fall. If someone could post the range of dates that all of you are looking at that would be helpful to me when I contact DVC. Always nice to have a Disney trip to look forward to!
Elaine:cool1:

macraven
11-07-2008, 02:54 PM
Yay Beth! I was bummed that my trip only overlapped yours by a couple days. It would be awesome to hang with my fellow DISers again next year.

I've been working like a crazy woman since I got back. It's a brand new role within my company and the good news is that it gives me much more vacation flexibility than I had as an Account Executive :)

I'm booked on the bounceback and plan to add a few days on to each end. So, right now, my (tentative) plan is:

24 to 28 September at AKL (I'm doing the EEC again)
29 September to 7 October at Pop Century
8 to 11 October at either Boardwalk or Beach Club

Shirley will likely be leaving that first weekend in October so I'll get a whole week to hang out at the Food & Wine Festival or do whatever the heck I want! Yay!!

elaine, above is the post from page 13 where alisa lists her dates.

my motherland dates are: sept 30-oct 8. i booked on the bounce back program before i checked out of disney in october. my dates are set.
i move over to the darkside on the 8th for 5 nights.

i'll bump this post up on occassion until the others see it.

when pat makes the new thread, she can list the dates that will include most of the group.

and, if any newbies post here, their dates will be included also for the 09 trip.

Disney Freak Numero Uno
11-07-2008, 03:01 PM
Hi Elaine! I'm glad you're planning to join us again. How soon do you plan to book your DVC resort? I would really like to get BCV for next year.

I will try to start a new post for the 2009 trip sometime over this weekend and I'll list everyone's dates.

I hope Carolyn is also reading this thread.

macraven
11-07-2008, 03:53 PM
i sent carolyn a pm to get her butt over here......

i'll call her if she is MIA..................

dislainey
11-09-2008, 05:58 AM
Thanks Beth for posting the range of dates for me!
Pat, I am going to book boardwalk before the 7 month that everyone else can book so that I am in the Epcot area. I really enjoy the Food and Wine festival and that is why I like this time of year.
I will keep checking back to see the new post. Thanks gals for organizing the information!:)

macraven
11-13-2008, 12:27 PM
homies, had my first surgery on one leg tuesday morning, home now.
borrowing son's laptop to check in.

someone let me know if pat has started a new thread.

won't be back online until the weekend.
will try with the crutches to get to my imac in the other room to check in then.

Disney Freak Numero Uno
11-13-2008, 03:39 PM
Hi Beth,
I'm glad your surgery is over and hope you have a quick recovery. I haven't started the new thread-I'm stuck on what to call our 2009 trip. I don't want to call it "Another Fall 2009 trip". All suggestions will be welcome.
I will be home tomorrow so I will definitely get to it then.
Hi to everyone else!! I'm so looking forward to another great trip.

Disney Freak Numero Uno
11-15-2008, 09:09 AM
Hi Everyone,
I started a thread for our 2009 trip. Look for "Annual Fall Ladies trip-September 2009".
I did as Beth suggested and added two additional posts, one for participants and one for ADRs.
Hope everyone is doing well. Beth hope you are recovering quickly.

macraven
11-15-2008, 05:18 PM
sounds great.
i'll go look for the new thread now!

ANTSS2001
11-15-2008, 07:21 PM
Hi Everyone,
I started a thread for our 2009 trip. Look for "Annual Fall Ladies trip-September 2009".
I did as Beth suggested and added two additional posts, one for participants and one for ADRs.
Hope everyone is doing well. Beth hope you are recovering quickly.

ok gonna go trekking.... :goodvibes

:wave:

clint999
11-29-2008, 04:42 AM
Party For The Senses is always every Saturday during the Food & Wine Festival. The boards are the best way to find out when Disney will start taking reservations. The past two years in a row, they have had price increases for this event and last year there was some negative feedback due to the fact that Disney had made the tickets non-refundable. Not sure what kind of changes they might make this year. But, I sooo want to do this!

Disney Freak Numero Uno
11-29-2008, 08:07 AM
Hi Clint999,
Check our 2009 trip thread for updates. DisneyDeeva, CarolynNC and I did Party for the Senses on the 2008 trip. It was a lot of fun and I would definitely do it again in 2009.