PDA

View Full Version : Princess Costumes???

kaleighmariesmom
02-07-2008, 01:06 PM
I am having a hard time trying to find costumes for my dd who is 2 to take with us to Disney... The ones in the local stores are too big... does anyone have any suggestions where I can find them. Oh and the nearest Disney store is 2 hrs away

thanks

Minnie M6
02-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Have you tried ebay? Any time I can't find something locally that is the first place I check.
If there are any consignment stores near by, they sometimes carry a good selection of costumes.
Good luck! :goodvibes

eventamy
02-07-2008, 01:53 PM
I went with Ebay too. But I didn't get a Disney costume, I went with a real dress. I thought it would be more comfortable because the seams are finished etc. They have lots of "Princess" or "pageant" dresses on there if you search. I found a beautiful blue (Cinderella blue) dress for my 4 year old DD for $9, new, and a fancy little ballerina dress for my almost 9 months old for $15, new. I also found a fancy little Swarovski crystal comb tiara for DD4 for $9 too.

sheri4641
02-07-2008, 02:11 PM
I just recently purchased alot of items off the disney.com site.... very cheap!! I also purchased princess gowns off of amazon.com and they are great, fast shipping...

SuziQZee
02-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Try DisneyShopping.com. I know they have a sale on some of their dresses right now.

Last year we bought princess dresses on a whim. We went into the store for my 7 yr old and came out with dresses for her and her 12 yr old sister.princess: princess: My DH and I were so surprised that the 12 yr old wanted to wear a princess dress! The girls wore their dresses to the parks, character meals and other table service meals. They had a blast! We did our own personal "photo shoot" at the Grand Floridian. It's so beautiful there and a couple CMs actually came over and made a bid deal about the girls and how beautiful they looked. They really felt like princesses that day. They loved the attention they got when they wore their dresses...priceless.:cloud9:

melancholywings
02-07-2008, 02:28 PM
We purchased ours off of ebay. I found the same ones sold in the park (they are tagged) and they were 1/5th of the cost. Out of all of them the cotton Minnie Mouse is the most comfortable, very easy to fit in a backpack and I know it comes in smaller sizes.

KerryCM
02-07-2008, 02:30 PM
I sent you a PM

myprincessgirlisa
02-07-2008, 03:03 PM
what size are you looking for??

DD has one that was ariel that shes outgrown if your interested???

also...you could get a ballerina tutu & tweek it a little...go check out the disbotique at the family board..they are amazing!!:goodvibes

kaleighmariesmom
02-07-2008, 03:31 PM
what size are you looking for??

DD has one that was ariel that shes outgrown if your interested???

also...you could get a ballerina tutu & tweek it a little...go check out the disbotique at the family board..they are amazing!!:goodvibes

My daughter is 2 so I am not too sure on the size. XS maybe???

I saw thedisbotique board. Boy am i Jealous that I dont know how to sew!!!

myprincessgirlisa
02-07-2008, 03:39 PM
My daughter is 2 so I am not too sure on the size. XS maybe???

I saw thedisbotique board. Boy am i Jealous that I dont know how to sew!!!

darn...that one i have is a 4 or 5!!
but ...........
i dont have a "disney princess costume" but i might have a dress or tutu??

strmtroopr96
02-08-2008, 02:22 AM
I found a NWT Belle costume from the Disney Store on Ebay last year for then 15 month old DD to wear on our September 2007 trip. I paid only about $10 shipped for it and it was a 12-18 month size. There are usually tons listed on Ebay. I know that our Disney Stores also sell dresses as small as XXS which I think are a size 2/3 maybe so maybe you could look for that size while at WDW or try DisneyShopping.com instead? :)

Good luck! I have to start looking for dresses for my 2 DD's soon as well. Youngest will be 2 on our next trip and and is teeny and super petite so she should be easy. Oldest will be almost 9 but is solid and tall and can't squeeze into the 10/12's anymore which is the highest I have seen our Disney Store go up to in costumes. But I hate to pay the much higher prices at WDW so I am hoping to find something on Ebay before September 2008. :worship:

kaleighmariesmom
02-08-2008, 07:50 AM
Thanks so much for all your ideas. I was looking on ebay but they looked too big. I will check again...

mrstomrice
02-09-2008, 01:04 PM
I found some nice deals today on disneyshopping.com. They are also offering free shipping with a $60.00 purchase (code: ship60). I have a coupon code for an additional 15% savings (code: 3399) Search for costumes...lot of great deals! Happy Shopping!