PDA

View Full Version : Princess Dress Price

kids&cows
02-05-2008, 02:09 PM
Can any one tell me how much the Princess dress prices are in Disneyland? Is there a better place to get the same dress online for less money?

minniefaye
02-06-2008, 05:23 PM
most of the ones we looked at were around $65 - $85 if I remember correctly. I haven't seen the exact same ones anywhere else, at least not the very detailed, brocade Cinderella dress. That dress was gorgeous!!!

Ashlotte
02-06-2008, 05:55 PM
I got my dd's Cinderella dress for $15 or $20 around Halloween time from the online Disney store.

CupidsKiss
02-06-2008, 05:58 PM
I paid about $65 for belle's yellow gown in 2006.

kellymom
02-06-2008, 05:59 PM
At the park they are in the $60ish and up range from what I saw last year.princess:

brenda1966
02-07-2008, 11:25 AM
You basically can't find the same dresses in two different places. Each place that sells dresses has a slightly different dress.

The ones in the parks are the most expensive. As others have said, $65 and up.

The disney stores in the mall will carry some styles at various times of the year. They are also quite pricey but sometimes you can catch a sale.

You check the Disney Store online and see what they have. Not sure of the stock at this moment since it's not Halloween time.

All of those dresses come in sizes, like small, med, large.

We have been able to get several princess dresses at Walmart or Target. They are one size fits all, so you have to take that into consideration, but at $25 the price is hard to beat. The styles on these dresses change frequently as well, and the 2 different stores may carry different styles.

We have a "we don't buy costumes at disneyland" policy because I just refuse to spend $70 or more on a costume when I know I can get them other places for less. And even the "sized" dresses don't fit DD correctly. I usually have to shorten them.

PrincessKell
02-07-2008, 11:32 AM
We got Ariels Wedding dress for $65. DD wears it at least 5 times a week. so its getting its worth.

We have gotten the dresses at Target or Walmart, but had to replace them every few months because they are very thin fabric, and not well made. But again, Georgia is very active in hers and wears them A LOT!

The ones at Disneyland, are soo beautiful. I do not mind spending the money on ONE dress. But dd also knows that that is her ONE item she gets from DL. If she wants something else she needs to pick that or the dress.

techno
02-07-2008, 12:14 PM
Does the same hold true for Minnie dresses? We were thinking about getting one for our DD of 3 in March when we go, but were wondering if it were better to get them at the Disney store before we left...

Is there a difference in quality between the parks and retail outlets?

Thanks.

PrincessKell
02-07-2008, 12:18 PM
ooh there is a really cute cute cute Minnie dress from disneyshopping.com Its the pink one. there is a ears with a bow to match head band you can buy too! We were going ot get it for Georiga for her birthday, but they only went up to a 5T. It would have fit everywhere but the lengh

J. Galt
02-07-2008, 01:00 PM
We just bought the pink Minnie Mouse dress for my DD for her 2nd birthday and it is REALLY cute! It comes with sparkly ears with a big pink bow. Its Minnie's Mickey Mouse Clubhouse outfit. The quality is great too (we like the quality of the dresses at the Disney Store and disneyshopping.com). They are constantly running sales on the website (check mousesavers.com) (and a lot of times you can get a coupon for the store). The dress is both in the stores and online (they aren't the same company anymore, though... so you can no longer return online items at the store (if that is important to you)).

p.s. We bought a couple of the "deluxe" princess dresses at disneyshopping.com for my DD too and they are BEAUTIFUL (we got Aurora and Tinkerbell). They were originally marked at around $80, but we waited and got them on sale, with a coupon for more like $30. The deluxe crowns and wands are really, really nice (weighty and very sparkly) and are really cheap with a coupon - there are still some online. I've also seen the new spring dresses for the princesses in the store and they are beautiful too.

TiggerandTink
02-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Look at mydressuptrunk.com. They have several princess outfits. We bought one from them for my daughter last year, the Cinderella dress and I think it was about $20. While they are kind of thin, with tights or something underneath my daughter was fine and they aren't "itchy" like all the others we had looked at which was a big issue for her. We added a underskirt to make it stand out more but she tired of that pretty quickly and just wore the dress. She about wore the dress out and continues to this day to use it to play dress up. :goodvibes

princessnicchia
02-07-2008, 06:25 PM
I have bought 5 princess outfits at the Disney Shopping online site. They are much cheaper than what you can buy them at Disneyland and good quality (though my youngest won't wear the Tink costume because "the sleeves are itchy"). They are pretty nice, especially the "deluxe" versions and run $30-$40 from the outlet as long as its not around Halloween. They also do have limited sizes, so if you have your heart set on a certain princess, that can be a problem. And, twice I have ordered from them only to receive a notice that they were out of that size of costume after all---so if you have sensitive timing and can't go re-order something else that's another issue.

But, good prices and nice quality. princess:

mrs.beast
02-07-2008, 10:51 PM
I agree that the dresses at the park are better quality. My girls wear a dress every day (they have quite a few) and the ones from the park have held up much better. We have an Aurora dress that has been work over 300 times (no exaggeration) between my 2 girls over the last 3 years, and it has really held up. The tink outfit they got from an aunt that came from target ripped within a month. The ones from the disney store have been spotty. Our Aurora fairy dress and golden princess dress are great, but the Jasmin outfit is just ok. The girls also prefer the dresses from the park comfort wise.
So if the dress is going to get tons of use, the park dresses are worth it. If it is for halloween or occasional use, the ones from Target etc would be fine.

As an extra FYI we went to a Disney outlet in Tracy and found the shoes my husband bought my daughter for $28 at the princess shop at DL for $6 at the outlet. It was literally 3 days after we returned from our trip, he was less than happy.

caligirl stuck in va
02-09-2008, 01:58 PM
When we were there last February, my girls were drooling over the dresses. DD3 wanted a $65 dress but the one that DD5 wanted was $85 (the extra special sparkly Cinderella) and I couldn't justify the price! As it turned out, the girls' Uncle Kenny decided he was buying them for his nieces (he has 2 boys of his own, no girls) - he said he doesn't look at prices at Disneyland because you cannot put a price on magic - and I have to say that my girls love them! He was the big hero of course! They wear them for dress up and for Halloween this past year. They are the most gorgeous princess dresses I have ever seen (definitely better quality than Target/Wal-Mart). We bought a size bigger and the dresses still fit and will fit for much longer.

victorandbellasmom
02-09-2008, 02:33 PM
We've bought dd's princess dresses from the disney store and disneyshopping.com. She's had them since 2005 (we bought them a little big) and has worn them on each and every trip to DL since. They are still in great condition, and definitely better than ones from target/walmart. She once got a cinderella dress from target as a gift and it barely lasted a month of play. It's obviously not as detailed and well made as dresses from DLR park, but it has stood up to many play dates and lots of little girls playing princess in my home. Dd is finally growing out of the princess dresses and will be handing them down to her cousin who can't wait to fill her dress up box.