PDA

View Full Version : Video camera question

ajmac
02-05-2008, 10:30 AM
Hi to all. I hope this is the correct thread for my question. If not, I apologize. I hope someone can help me. I just purchased a video camera that records on an internal hard drive with a 7 hour capacity. My question is: Is there anyplace down in DW that could download my images, burn them on a dvd and swipe clean my hard drive for a fresh 7 hours of recording? I hope that makes sense.
Thanks in advance, A.J.

carlbarry
02-05-2008, 09:49 PM
As an "old timer" who started with 3 minute rolls of 8mm film when my parents took me on vacation, and has now progressed to 1 1/2 hour DV cassettes, I just have to ask: do you really want to shoot 7 hours of video? Will you ever be able to watch all that? I would think it would be better to tape an amount that could be watched later on. I found that I would tape about 45 minutes per park, which would include the entire fire works show, Fantasmic, etc., and that was adequate.

ajmac
02-06-2008, 07:40 AM
A full week at DW. 4 kids, 1 grandchild. I am just looking to cover all the bases. There has to be an internet cafe or some service that would be able to download my video camera and burn a disc. If not, I am going to start one. I can't imagine that I am the only one with this request. Help please!!!

carlbarry
02-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Seven hours of video requires more than 1 DVD, even at the lowest quality! Doesn't the manufacturer of your camcorder sell a docking station that will burn the files to DVD directly? Anyway, there IS a cybercafe in Orlando, at 6438 International Drive. Their listing in orlandoinfo.com states that they do "digital file transfers." Their phone number is 407-363-1443. Bare in mind that even if they have the facility to do what you want, it will take a while to burn 7 hours of video to DVDs, even at 24X speed!

ajmac
02-06-2008, 02:07 PM
Thank you carlbarry!!! Just called the cybercafe and she answered all of my questions. Thanks again for your help, that is just what I was looking for.:yay:

carlbarry
02-06-2008, 03:11 PM
Great! Have a fantastic time!:banana: