PDA

View Full Version : Country Bear Jamboree

Eaglefan9727
02-05-2008, 03:35 AM
Its been almost 15 years since I have been to Disneyland and I used to enjoy the show called " Country Bear Jamboree " and I am still wondering if it is still there by Splash Mountain as I will be making a trip to Disneyland in April.

Thanks.

Carolwoodpr
02-05-2008, 04:31 AM
Its been almost 15 years since I have been to Disneyland and I used to enjoy the show called " Country Bear Jamboree " and I am still wondering if it is still there by Splash Mountain as I will be making a trip to Disneyland in April.

Thanks.

Nope... it is now a pretty average Pooh ride. (toddlers will enjoy it)

The Bears moved to WDW.

Andy

tink2dw
02-05-2008, 04:32 AM
Sorry, no. It was replaced by the Winnie the Pooh ride. Which is nice but I miss the Country Bear Jamboree.

You Tube still shows the Country Bear Jamboree along with the Tiki Room and several Disney Favorites.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWV-aafq1c4

Eaglefan9727
02-05-2008, 10:24 AM
Its a dissapointment to know that this isnt here at Disney anymore. It was one of my stables everytime I went to Disney. I guess I will have to wait till I go to Disney World in 2 or 3 years to see it.

DangerMouse
02-05-2008, 10:25 AM
You can still catch a glimpse of the old country bear attraction inside the Poor Ride if you know where to look!

http://www.members.cox.net/siraks/countrybears.jpg

kellymom
02-05-2008, 11:00 AM
Sadly it is gone now and Pooh is in it's place. Some things need to be sacred at Disneyland and IMO Country Bear Jamboree is one of them. Just like I think they should have left Pirate's alone and not added the Johnny Depp character in different places. Now all you pirate lovers will disagree I am sure.

HydroGuy
02-05-2008, 11:20 AM
It's gone. :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: Gone. :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: Gone. :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:

nutshell
02-05-2008, 12:38 PM
It was always a great place to take a nap.:rolleyes1

Quest4fun
02-05-2008, 01:25 PM
It was always a great place to take a nap.:rolleyes1

I slept through two and a half shows once. The girl working didn't want to wake me up. I think I could have done 3 complete shows but some kids started screaming during number 3 when that girl bear popped out of the ceiling.

fairycat
02-05-2008, 01:31 PM
I need to watch my tongue on this one since I have wanted to say some very nasty things to Disney for this Genius decision. Take that other Bear and give me back my Country Bears!!! I was so happy to see them at WDW but I wish they would treat it with a little more love and respect then it has seen. It needed some repairs pretty badly.

Or maybe they need to just pack it up and send it back here :) (though I believe WDW actually had the Bears first)

pumpkin5156
02-05-2008, 02:26 PM
We LOVE Pooh because we have a toddler and Pooh was pretty much his first word. But we miss the Bears as well. Maybe they can bring it back someday...

prettyprincessbelle
02-05-2008, 07:36 PM
You can still catch a glimpse of the old country bear attraction inside the Poor Ride if you know where to look!

http://www.members.cox.net/siraks/countrybears.jpg

I turned around pretty much falling out of my bee-hicle looking for those darn heads and they scared the bajeezus out of me. They were a million times more huge than I expected them to be.. :lmao:

arliepooh68
02-05-2008, 09:51 PM
I love POOH BEAR but i really DISLIKE the ride. . . I want my country bears back. . .

AmericanItGirl
02-05-2008, 09:53 PM
Sadly it is gone now and Pooh is in it's place. Some things need to be sacred at Disneyland and IMO Country Bear Jamboree is one of them. Just like I think they should have left Pirate's alone and not added the Johnny Depp character in different places. Now all you pirate lovers will disagree I am sure.

I agree. It messed up the storyline.

AmericanItGirl
02-05-2008, 09:56 PM
I need to watch my tongue on this one since I have wanted to say some very nasty things to Disney for this Genius decision. Take that other Bear and give me back my Country Bears!!! I was so happy to see them at WDW but I wish they would treat it with a little more love and respect then it has seen. It needed some repairs pretty badly.

Or maybe they need to just pack it up and send it back here :) (though I believe WDW actually had the Bears first)
I blame the lack of success of the movie.

I am very glad that they didn't take out Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, though. Not only is it a great, slightly obscure nod to a classic piece of literature, but it's also a great way to quickly warm up after the second Fantasmic show.

DangerMouse
02-05-2008, 10:22 PM
I blame the lack of success of the movie.

That would be convenient, but they removed the ride PRIOR to the movie being released. Strange, I know. :confused3

fairycat
02-05-2008, 10:32 PM
Head's would roll if they messed with Mr Toad!!!

I hate to say I have no issue with Johnny in pirates its subtle and the animetronics are great. That and the Davy Jones effect is awesome!