PDA

View Full Version : Comparison of Weather For WDW and DLR

HydroGuy
02-04-2008, 10:45 PM
This thread was inspired by a current thread right now debating whether it is hotter at DLR or WDW. I decided to research data in Anaheim and Orlando and cross-correlate it so we can have some hard numbers to look at.

I have nine charts and four tables, and since this is a "super thread" I feel compelled to show them all. :cool2:

I think the organization will work better if I show the DLR vs. WDW data first, discuss it, and then show the rest for reference. So, let's get to the data. :teacher:

Here is a list of the tables and charts in this thread:

Chart 1. Comparison of monthly average high and low temperatures - DLR vs. WDW
Chart 2. Comparison of monthly record high and low temperatures - DLR vs. WDW
Chart 3. Comparison of monthly average rainfall: Anaheim vs. Orlando
Chart 4. Comparison of average number of rainy days per month: Anaheim vs. Orlando
Chart 5. Comparison of monthly average humidity in the morning and evening: Anaheim vs. Orlando
Chart 6. Monthly average high and low temperatures at DLR
Chart 7. Monthly record and average high and low temperatures at DLR
Chart 8. Monthly average high and low temperatures at WDW
Chart 9. Monthly record and average high and low temperatures at WDW
Table 1. Monthly average and record high and low temperatures at DLR
Table 2. Monthly average rainfall and humidity in Anaheim
Table 3. Monthly average and record high and low temperatures at WDW
Table 4. Monthly average rainfall and humidity in Orlando

How Hot Is It At DLR and WDW? :beach:

Looking at Chart 1 it is clear that in every month of the year WDW is warmer than DLR on average. Summer highs are 5-10 degrees F (3-6 degrees C) higher, and summer lows are 8-10 degrees F (5-6 degrees C) higher. Winter temperatures are also higher but not nearly as much.

Looking at Chart 2 it is clear that the temperature extremes at DLR are significantly larger than WDW. Summer temperatures can be 6-15 degrees F (4-9 degrees C) higher, while summer lows can be 6-15 degrees F (4-9 degrees C) lower. These are record temperatures but are indicative of what can occur at DLR.

Using Chart 1 and 2 it is easy to see why disagreement exists between which is warmer in the summer: DLR or WDW. On average WDW is warmer (Chart 1). On the other hand, there are some days when DLR is much warmer (Chart 2). Personal experience from visitors thus reflects the specific days those visitors happened to be at DLR. If they happened to visit during an Anaheim heat wave it is easy to see why they could conclude DLR is warmer than WDW. Such people are probably the ones who post the "never again DLR in the summer" opinions. If they had the good fortune to visit DLR multiple times in the summer (and over time experience the lower average temperatures at DLR) it is likely they would realize than DLR is much more pleasant in the summer than WDW.

How Humid Is It and How Much Does It Rain in Anaheim and Orlando? :sunny:

I was not able to find all the rainfall and humidity data for DLR and WDW so I looked at Anaheim, CA and Orlando, FL.

Moving on to Charts 3 and 4 it will surprise no one that it rains much more in Orlando than Anaheim. Orlando is in a tropical climate while Anaheim is considered semi-arid. Interestingly, while it rains more at DLR than WDW in the winter (Chart 3), the rain is concentrated to fewer days at DLR (Chart 4). Chart 4 indicates that in every month of the year you are more likely to experience rain at WDW than DLR.

Charts 3 and 4 also show the huge difference in rainfall in the summer. WDW experiences a lot of rain in the summer while DLR has virtually none. So bring your rain ponchos to WDW for your summer trips but leave them at home for summer DLR trips.

Chart 5 shows that the peak humidity each day is higher in Orlando than DLR which also comes as no surpise. Note that this is relative humidity, which depends on the temperature. The higher temperature air in Orlando (on average) can hold more water than the lower temperature air at DLR. Hence Chart 5 does not say that it is 10% more humid at WDW. It is more than that because of the higher temperatures there.

Conclusions

On average WDW is warmer than DLR all year long during the day and evening. On certain days DLR can be much warmer or much colder than WDW. WDW has lots more rain and humidity, especially in the summer.

Other Links

"Detailed Weather History for DLR" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=23004158

"Detailed Weather History for WDW" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=23004631

Chart 1. Comparison of monthly average high and low temperatures - DLR vs. WDW
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa174/HydroGuyCO/DLRvsWDWAvgHi-LoTemps.jpg

Chart 2. Comparison of monthly record high and low temperatures - DLR vs. WDW
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa174/HydroGuyCO/DLRvsWDWRecordHi-LoTemps.jpg

Chart 3. Comparison of monthly average rainfall: Anaheim vs. Orlando
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa174/HydroGuyCO/anaheimvsorlandorainfallSmall.jpg

Chart 4. Comparison of average number of rainy days per month: Anaheim vs. Orlando
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa174/HydroGuyCO/anaheimvsorlandorainydaysSmall.jpg

Chart 5. Comparison of monthly average humidity in the morning and evening: Anaheim vs. Orlando
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa174/HydroGuyCO/anaheimvsorlandohumiditySmall2.jpg

Other charts for reference are given below...

Table 1. Monthly average and record high and low temperatures at DLR
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa174/HydroGuyCO/DLRAvgHi-LoRecordHi-LoTempsTable.jpg

Table 2. Monthly average rainfall and humidity in Anaheim
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa174/HydroGuyCO/anaheimrainandhumiditytableCustom.jpg

Table 3. Monthly average and record high and low temperatures at WDW
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa174/HydroGuyCO/WDWAvgHi-LoRecordHi-LoTempsTable.jpg

Table 4. Monthly average rainfall and humidity in Orlando
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa174/HydroGuyCO/orlandorainandhumiditytableCustom.jpg

Chart 6. Monthly average high and low temperatures at DLR
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa174/HydroGuyCO/DLRAvgHi-LoTemps.jpg

Chart 7. Monthly record and average high and low temperatures at DLR
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa174/HydroGuyCO/DLRAvgHi-LoRecordHi-LoTemps.jpg

Chart 8. Monthly average high and low temperatures at WDW
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa174/HydroGuyCO/WDWAvgHi-LoTemps.jpg

Chart 9. Monthly record and average high and low temperatures at WDW
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa174/HydroGuyCO/WDWAvgHi-LoRecordHi-LoTemps.jpg

Data Sources:

DLR Temperature:
www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/monthly/USCA1306

DLR/Anaheim Rainfall:
www.wrcc.dri.edu/cgi-bin/cliMAIN.pl?ca0192 (http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/cgi-bin/cliMAIN.pl?ca0192)
Period of Record : 8/1/1989 to 6/29/2007

DLR/Anaheim Humidity:
www.weatherreports.com/United_States/CA/Anaheim/averages.html (http://www.weatherreports.com/United_States/CA/Anaheim/averages.html)
Data taken over 47 years

WDW Temperature:
www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/monthly/USFL0615

WDW/Orlando Rainfall and Humidity:
www.weatherreports.com/United_States/FL/Orlando/averages.html (http://www.weatherreports.com/United_States/FL/Orlando/averages.html)
Data taken over 26 years

DLR29
02-04-2008, 11:46 PM
LOVE IT! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

mindylovesmickey
02-04-2008, 11:53 PM
This is fantabulous!!! I think it's the best thing I've seen on here yet!

DangerMouse
02-05-2008, 09:30 AM
This thread was inspired by a current thread right now debating whether it is hotter at DLR or WDW. I decided to research data in Anaheim and Orlando and cross-correlate it so we can have some hard numbers to look at.

Of course you did you. . . you. . . engineer YOU!! :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Love the extent you will go to to prove your point, Trey! ;) :worship:

Mrs. Bee
02-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Wow. You seem to have a lot of time on your hands. What do you do for a living?

brenda1966
02-05-2008, 01:32 PM
Thanks for compiling this. It's very interesting to see it mapped out.

I have been to DL during both a summer heat wave (102 degrees) and a summer rain and lightening storm that closed down nearly every ride, but I still prefer the Anaheim weather. The reduced humidity wins me over every time. :)

I've also been to WDW where it rained every day and was there once for a rare February freeze! Brrrrr! I'll take a cold non-humid day over a cold humid one any day.

Mrs. Bee
02-05-2008, 01:42 PM
a lightning storm in anaheim? weird. of course, i was there once when there was what i would barely call a "storm." and the next day everyone i knew was freaking out about the insane thunderstorm. um, there were maybe a dozen cracks of thunder and lightning. big deal....haha. it's all about perspective.

HydroGuy
02-05-2008, 02:07 PM
Wow. You seem to have a lot of time on your hands. What do you do for a living?:rotfl2:

With three teenage boys and pre-teen boy, that keeps things pretty busy. In my spare time I own and run an engineering software company. :eek:

I pulled this thread together last night because my family was busy catching up on American Idol which I detest.

fairycat
02-05-2008, 02:41 PM
a lightning storm in anaheim? weird. of course, i was there once when there was what i would barely call a "storm." and the next day everyone i knew was freaking out about the insane thunderstorm. um, there were maybe a dozen cracks of thunder and lightning. big deal....haha. it's all about perspective.

Ok after going to Chicago I realised what you people meant by THUNDERSTORMS!!!!!!!! EEKKKKKK!! I will never compare again!!!

I also dealt with the scariest rain EVER while driving through the midwest. We couldn't even pull off the road it was so bad, I had to help my friend find her way down the road by looking for the white line.

That is the thing about So Cal. we are so unaccustomed to "Weather" we have news reporters and their stations reporting for hours with fancy graphics cause OMG it is RAINING!!!! And not even RAINING more like raining. :rotfl:

The best part of So Cal weather is that unlike some other places it may be hot during the day but it is always nice at night. That is why DLR (amoung other reasons) stays open so late. Seista during the day and play at the parks in the morning and evening you will never hate our weather by the pool in the summer haha!

Silly Little Pixie
02-05-2008, 03:07 PM
LOVE it, Hydroguy! I'll take our SoCal dry heat any day over humidity. It's nice to see what kind of weather we might encounter this November in WDW. Did WDW in May once- ONCE. Thought the humidity might kill me. And I'm from Louisiana!

One of the reasons for early Disneyland success was the climate, I'm sure. It made it easy for people to vacation in a relatively mild, dry environment. New concept, this building a whole vacation around a theme park. You needed to ensure good weather year round. Brilliant thinking on Walt's part.

Not that buying a zillion acres of Florida swampland in Kissimmee was a bad idea either..!

Mrs. Bee
02-05-2008, 03:36 PM
Ok after going to Chicago I realised what you people meant by THUNDERSTORMS!!!!!!!! EEKKKKKK!! I will never compare again!!!

I also dealt with the scariest rain EVER while driving through the midwest. We couldn't even pull off the road it was so bad, I had to help my friend find her way down the road by looking for the white line.

That is the thing about So Cal. we are so unaccustomed to "Weather" we have news reporters and their stations reporting for hours with fancy graphics cause OMG it is RAINING!!!! And not even RAINING more like raining. :rotfl:

The best part of So Cal weather is that unlike some other places it may be hot during the day but it is always nice at night. That is why DLR (amoung other reasons) stays open so late. Seista during the day and play at the parks in the morning and evening you will never hate our weather by the pool in the summer haha!

When I was living in Orange, I thought the news was hilarious when they talked about weather. "STORM WATCH" for a light drizzle...haha. Last year it snowed somewhere that never gets snow (can't remember where) and people were freaking out. On the news, families were driving their kids out to see the snow and "play" in it. There was almost no snow on the ground. People driving were freaking out and turning around. I saw a picture of someone's car being pushed. Not sure why, there was maybe an 8th of an inch of snow on the ground. Funny stuff. And slightly sad....because I am a snow lover, I felt bad for them. Haha.

As far as weather at WDW vs. Disneyland....We've decided we'll probably only take trips to either place in November or January. The weather isn't much different during those months so it doesn't effect us.

chickybanky
02-05-2008, 04:25 PM
Last year it snowed somewhere that never gets snow (can't remember where) and people were freaking out. On the news, families were driving their kids out to see the snow and "play" in it. There was almost no snow on the ground. People driving were freaking out and turning around. I saw a picture of someone's car being pushed. Not sure why, there was maybe an 8th of an inch of snow on the ground. Funny stuff. And slightly sad....because I am a snow lover, I felt bad for them. Haha.

:laughing: Yeah, that was Malibu. Yeah, we freak out when it snows here! :rotfl:

disneegrl4eva
02-05-2008, 04:27 PM
LOVE IT! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

that was really great of you to spend all that time making this...I knew the minute I saw the title for this thread which location had the warmer temp...and I knew hands down it was Orlando

Mrs. Bee
02-05-2008, 04:47 PM
from OP....."between which is warmer in the summer: DLR or WDW. On average WDW is warmer (Chart 1). On the other hand, there are some days when DLR is much warmer (Chart 2). Personal experience from visitors thus reflects the specific days those visitors happened to be at DLR. If they happened to visit during an Anaheim heat wave it is easy to see why they could conclude DLR is warmer than WDW. Such people are probably the ones who post the "never again DLR in the summer" opinions. If they had the good fortune to visit DLR multiple times in the summer (and over time experience the lower average temperatures at DLR) it is likely they would realize than DLR is much more pleasant in the summer than WDW."

I can only imagine that you are referring to me and/or quest4fun in the other thread. If you are...you've got it wrong. (If you aren't, then disregard this post.) We will most likely never visit Disneyland (or WDW) again in the summer months. Yes, it was 108 when we were there last summer (actually, I think it was early September, another month we probably won't visit there.) No, that was not the only time we've been there in summer months. Summer of 2006, I was there once a week, sometimes more. It was icky and crowded most of the time. And I'm pretty sure quest4fun has been there just about every summer his entire life.

Disneyland in November last year was great. And WDW in January was fabulous. If I had to guess, all of our future trips will be in the Fall or Winter months. I hate summer everywhere. Worst season ever. Ugh. I'd rather stay home with the AC on than be on vacation somewhere (except maybe the bahamas or florida keys where I can spend the whole time in the water.)

WDW might be 6 to 10 degrees hotter all year long. But the difference between 80 degrees and 90 degrees doesn't matter much to me. Both are far too hot to be walking around outside all day.

HydroGuy
02-05-2008, 05:08 PM
from OP....."between which is warmer in the summer: DLR or WDW. On average WDW is warmer (Chart 1). On the other hand, there are some days when DLR is much warmer (Chart 2). Personal experience from visitors thus reflects the specific days those visitors happened to be at DLR. If they happened to visit during an Anaheim heat wave it is easy to see why they could conclude DLR is warmer than WDW. Such people are probably the ones who post the "never again DLR in the summer" opinions. If they had the good fortune to visit DLR multiple times in the summer (and over time experience the lower average temperatures at DLR) it is likely they would realize than DLR is much more pleasant in the summer than WDW."

I can only imagine that you are referring to me and/or quest4fun in the other thread. If you are...you've got it wrong. (If you aren't, then disregard this post.) No, I was not referring to you specifically. As you know, posts about summer heat at DLR and WDW are common around here and I was referring to the general issue and no one in particular. :)

I have posted similar sentiments many times in the past such as here: "Getting The Most Out of a Summer Visit To DLR" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1345319 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1345319)

Hound 109
02-05-2008, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the Temp / Humidity detail, Trey. :hippie:

As someone who grew up in 90/90 weather in Houston (for four months out of the year), it was interesting to see the same 90/90 weather in Orlando for June/July/Aug.

Thankfully i live where it's a little dryer (but still darn hot), but I've visited SoCal virtually every summer for the past 30 years, & I love the drier summers.

It's funny, I bet 9 out of 10 people who live near me (if they visit Disney) head east (including me 3 times) & endure the dreaded 90/90 each summer. If they only knew. :thumbsup2

Mrs. Bee
02-05-2008, 07:25 PM
I see from that thread in your signature that you have many topics you've started for tips and whatnot for DLR and WDW. I'm not going to lie I didn't really read much of them. But I was wondering how you apparently know so much about DL and WDW?

DangerMouse
02-05-2008, 07:54 PM
Mrs. Bee, Trey (Hydroguy) is one of the resident experts here on the DL board, with so much information to offer. I recommend his tips threads to everyone I know who is going to DLR, and consider his research and efforts of great value. You really ought to read them sometime. He knows his stuff. ;)

HydroGuy
02-05-2008, 08:01 PM
I see from that thread in your signature that you have many topics you've started for tips and whatnot for DLR and WDW. I'm not going to lie I didn't really read much of them. But I was wondering how you apparently know so much about DL and WDW?I don't claim to know whole lot about WDW and therefore do not have much in the way of tips for WDW. About DLR, well, I have been going there for over 40 years. And I read a lot.

HydroGuy
02-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Mrs. Bee, Trey (Hydroguy) is one of the resident experts here on the DL board, with so much information to offer. I recommend his tips threads to everyone I know who is going to DLR, and consider his research and efforts of great value. You really ought to read them sometime. He knows his stuff. Well that may be true, but I certainly do not know about the "DEP Dash" like you do. ;)

Hound 109
02-05-2008, 09:14 PM
I don't claim to know whole lot about WDW and therefore do not have much in the way of tips for WDW. About DLR, well, I have been going there for over 40 years. And I read a lot.

:rolleyes1 Yeah....& Tiger Woods plays a little golf. :rotfl:

Unlike most of us....who offer alot of opinions (although most are good)...., HydroGuy's posts / threads are are probably 90% facts & 10% opinion. He IS the DLR Guru.

HydroGuy
02-06-2008, 09:34 AM
:rolleyes1 Yeah....& Tiger Woods plays a little golf. :rotfl:

Unlike most of us....who offer alot of opinions (although most are good)...., HydroGuy's posts / threads are are probably 90% facts & 10% opinion. He IS the DLR Guru.Some of the people over on MiceChat and MousePlanet know a lot more about DLR than I do. Heck, they go there every week and spend way more time than I do on the forums arguing about, well, everything.

IMO my specialty is understanding trends, absorbing facts and combining my experience with other information out there into a cohesive explanation that provides sound guidance to others. I pay attention to details and that helps. Plus I really love DL and in general what Disney is able to do in their parks. :)

Mrs. Bee
02-06-2008, 11:13 AM
How often are you able to make it to Disneyland and DCA?

DangerMouse
02-06-2008, 11:25 AM
How often are you able to make it to Disneyland and DCA?

Mrs. Bee, look at his signature line. ;)

Snow Shoe
02-06-2008, 11:54 AM
Thank you for the comparison info. My wife and I will be in DL 6/1-5 and then onto WDW 6/5-14.

Mrs. Bee
02-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Mrs. Bee, look at his signature line. ;)

DLR 11/2007 (Day Trip), 06/2007 (BWPPI), 08/2006 (Day Trip), 11/2005 (Day Trip), 08/2005 (BWPPI), 07/2003 (HoJo's), 07/2000 (PPH), 1966-1998 Numerous Day Trips Including... 07/1989 (First DL Trip With Hot Girlfriend - Now Hot Wife) and 06/1981 (Grad Night)

I don't know what BWPPI or PPH stand for.

"Numerous" day trips in 68-98 could mean a few times a year, a few times a month, or a few times a week. I was curious just what he meant by numerous. And I can clearly see that in recently years he's only gone once a year.

Interesting.

DangerMouse
02-06-2008, 01:05 PM
DLR 11/2007 (Day Trip), 06/2007 (BWPPI), 08/2006 (Day Trip), 11/2005 (Day Trip), 08/2005 (BWPPI), 07/2003 (HoJo's), 07/2000 (PPH), 1966-1998 Numerous Day Trips Including... 07/1989 (First DL Trip With Hot Girlfriend - Now Hot Wife) and 06/1981 (Grad Night)

"Numerous" day trips in 68-98 could mean a few times a year, a few times a month, or a few times a week. I was curious just what he meant by numerous. And I can clearly see that in recently years he's only gone once a year.

Interesting.

BWPPI = Best Western Park Place Inn
PPH = Paradise Pier Hotel (a Disney Resort property)

You may be interested in reading another one of Trey's stickies entitled "DLR Abbreviations List". :thumbsup2

HydroGuy
02-06-2008, 01:07 PM

See "DLR Abbreviations List" - www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520784 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520784)

BWPPI - Best Western Park Place Inn
PPH - Paradise Pier Hotel

Interesting.Before 2000 I went to DL once a year on average.

Mrs. Bee
02-06-2008, 01:09 PM
most of the abbreviations i can figure out (and i feel a lot of them just aren't necessary.) but i've never stayed at the best western. and paradise pier is the most forgettable disney resort for me. haha. i always think disneyland has two onsite hotels but my husband has to remind me that there is a third one.

blue donkey
02-06-2008, 01:49 PM
Thanks for making all those charts. I'd love them to be part of your compilation of tips. The charts give me a better understanding of what time of year is best for me to go to WDW.

Thanks again for all your hard work.:thumbsup2

fairycat
02-06-2008, 02:14 PM
I have to say I go to DLR far more frequently then many of the resident "experts" but because of the way I visit I honestly can not offer much on many aspects of DLR. I don't eat much CS, there are places in all my years of going to DLR I have never eaten at Hungry Bear, never had Ice Cream at Gibson Girl, and can't remember ever riding Casey's Train. I have only stayed at local hotels for other events, and never at any of the DLR ones, but hope to soon. I don't have kids and have never done more then a day trip to the parks.

For all the reasons above I do not feel I am up to giving some advice since I don't pay attention to the "details" or outside experience that other's may have questions on who have never visited or who are staying for multiple days.

I think that to be an expert you need a different sense of the park and history, my over 200ish (that is using a very rough estimate since I always went at least twice a year as a child, and have had a AP for going on 8 years, with at least 20 trips a year) has still not made me an expert. Do I know a thing or two I would like to say so, but still no expert.

BTW I think its funny how we get all giddy in So Cal about snow when if you drive to the mountians there is great snow to be had haha!

tink2dw
02-06-2008, 02:35 PM
Okay, I'm the "cork in the screw" here.

I just returned from the most miserable trip "weather wise" To San Diego, drizzly, cold cold, at Sea World. {Sweat Shirts and layering were not cutting it!! I had to buy a coat at sea world, it was water resistant and warm. And my best friend the entire trip!!}

DL Was near freezing temp 34, and raining sideways, 5ft into the store by the fire station. Believe me when I say that Ponchos were no help, my face, hair and ears were full of rain, my knees were soaked down to my shoes. I gave up and went back to the hotel Sunday Jan. 27, 2008 I was so cold I had to turn the heat on high and let it blast away.

Our Dates were Jan. 24, at Sea World, DL Jan 25, thru 31st. Friday was very cold but not raining, Saturday it started raining in the night. It would look nice at 8:00 am from the room but by 10am it was raining, big BLACk clouds would sit over DL.

Of course, on the 31 our last day, it stopped raining but we were only in the park for 3 hours before needing to get to the airport, but it was still cold.

Mrs. Bee
02-06-2008, 02:55 PM

I just returned from the most miserable trip "weather wise" To San Diego, drizzly, cold cold, at Sea World. {Sweat Shirts and layering were not cutting it!! I had to buy a coat at sea world, it was water resistant and warm. And my best friend the entire trip!!}

DL Was near freezing temp 34, and raining sideways, 5ft into the store by the fire station. Believe me when I say that Ponchos were no help, my face, hair and ears were full of rain, my knees were soaked down to my shoes. I gave up and went back to the hotel Sunday Jan. 27, 2008 I was so cold I had to turn the heat on high and let it blast away.

Our Dates were Jan. 24, at Sea World, DL Jan 25, thru 31st. Friday was very cold but not raining, Saturday it started raining in the night. It would look nice at 8:00 am from the room but by 10am it was raining, big BLACk clouds would sit over DL.

Of course, on the 31 our last day, it stopped raining but we were only in the park for 3 hours before needing to get to the airport, but it was still cold.

34 degrees at Disneyland? are you sure about that? the record low for anaheim is 36 degrees. I checked those dates and the lows ranged from 42 to 53. And typically it hits those low temps in the middle of the night. It may have felt to you like it was freezing but I have a hard time believing it was.

And yeah...those ponchos are useless in anything heavier than a light drizzle. It poured last November while we were there. I think my wet shoes/socks were the worst. I now have some better raingear for future trips. Were the parks at least a little less crowded because of the rain? That's one of the upsides of the lousy weather. but yeah, I now have some awesome rainboots. And a "rain suit"...pants and jacket to wear over my clothes. So far I've only used the jacket and boots (at Disneyworld) but they were fabulous.

tink2dw
02-06-2008, 03:17 PM
The News was touting it as the coldest January ever with more rain than they got all of last year!! The grapevine was closed for 2 and 1/2 days due to flooding and the fear of mud slides.

If you are looking at historical temps it won't show Jan '80. If you are looking at acuals I would like the link.

This is what was happening http://video.knbc.com/player/?id=209261

http://video.knbc.com/player/?id=209262

Andhttp://video.knbc.com/player/?id=209260

This is the last time I go to Disney on someone else's time table!!!

chickybanky
02-06-2008, 04:03 PM
Yeah, I believe the 34 because it was freezing cold those days!! We've had some cold spells for the past few weeks. And, although the rain is gone, it was 37 on my way to work this morning! ::yes::

chickybanky
02-06-2008, 04:15 PM
34 degrees at Disneyland? are you sure about that? the record low for anaheim is 36 degrees. I checked those dates and the lows ranged from 42 to 53. And typically it hits those low temps in the middle of the night. It may have felt to you like it was freezing but I have a hard time believing it was.

Mrs. Bee, just out of curiosity, what do YOU do for a living? I think you'd make a great attorney - you like to argue, and you're great at interrogating! ;)

Mrs. Bee
02-06-2008, 04:17 PM
The News was touting it as the coldest January ever with more rain than they got all of last year!! The grapevine was closed for 2 and 1/2 days due to flooding and the fear of mud slides.

If you are looking at historical temps it won't show Jan '80. If you are looking at acuals I would like the link.

This is what was happening http://video.knbc.com/player/?id=209261

http://video.knbc.com/player/?id=209262

Andhttp://video.knbc.com/player/?id=209260

This is the last time I go to Disney on someone else's time table!!!

I'm just looking at weather.com (i don't live in socal anymore. WOOHOO!)

It shows the observed temps for the entire month.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/driving/interstate/monthly/USCA0027?month=-1

(hope that link works...if not, just go to weather.com. search anaheim. click 'month')

Oh...and here's what accuweather has to say...

http://www.accuweather.com/forecast-climo.asp?partner=vista4&traveler=1&zipChg=1&zipcode=92801&metric=0&mnYr=1/1/2008

and wunderground.com (for fullerton, they don't have for anaheim, apparently)

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KFUL/1972/1/24/PlannerHistory.html?dayend=31&monthend=1&yearend=1972&req_city=Anaheim&req_state=CA&req_statename=California

Mrs. Bee
02-06-2008, 04:28 PM
Mrs. Bee, just out of curiosity, what do YOU do for a living? I think you'd make a great attorney - you like to argue, and you're great at interrogating! ;)

Wouldn't YOU like to know. It's top secret. :rotfl:

I just love a good debate. I have a hard time believing that it was freezing. I don't doubt the heavy rains and whatnot. And I don't doubt that the weather was cold and miserable. But I guess I just trust weather.com too much.

Mrs. Bee
02-06-2008, 04:45 PM
Okay...so I finally got those videos to load (my internet is lame. stupid qwest.)

The first one I watched was about tornadoes. What does that have to do with freezing temps?

The second one shows snowy roads. (Can't believe they closed the roads for that! HA!) Was the section of I-5 that was closed anywhere near Disneyland? I couldn't watch the whole thing, it kept stopping so I gave up.

And the last one was about tornadoes again.

I didn't really hear any mention of cold temps anywhere near Disneyland.

Quest4fun
02-06-2008, 05:06 PM
Were you there at 4am? That's typically when those temps are reached. By 9am things tend to warm up a little. I'll admit that 50 degrees feels pretty darned cold even when you're coming from negative temperatures but I'd like to set everybody at ease. It will never and has never reached 34 degrees during anybody's visit to Disneyland. Never

I also took a look at those videos and I'm a little confused. Granted channel 4 is a Chuck Henry away from being a joke. What do they have to do with Disneyland's weather? Long Beach and Point Mugu are not even in the vacinity of Anaheim. In fact they're Long Beach and Point Mugu are over an hour away from each other. Tejon is close to 4000 feet so it's no mystery why they have snow. Really, I don't see anything too out of the ordinary for the places they're mentioning.

Long Beach can be a little rougher weather wise because they're on the coast. I have a friend who lives on a boat in San Pedro. Water spouts are rough and can rip up a sail but you'll notice they didn't bother closing Disneyland because you're plenty far away from there.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/vacationplanner/monthly/USCA0027?month=-1

Here is the weather history for Anaheim last month. Those tempuratures don't really do much dipping until about midnight and even then you're still a few hours from those observed lows.

"Feels like" and "is" are two very different things. We need to be sure we're giving the people that come here as detailed a diagram as possible of what to expect rather than just painting them a picture. Experiences are all different.

Mrs. Bee
02-06-2008, 05:36 PM
Were you there at 4am? That's typically when those temps are reached. By 9am things tend to warm up a little. I'll admit that 50 degrees feels pretty darned cold even when you're coming from negative temperatures but I'd like to set everybody at ease. It will never and has never reached 34 degrees during anybody's visit to Disneyland. Never

I also took a look at those videos and I'm a little confused. Granted channel 4 is a Chuck Henry away from being a joke. What do they have to do with Disneyland's weather? Long Beach and Point Mugu are not even in the vacinity of Anaheim. In fact they're Long Beach and Point Mugu are over an hour away from each other. Tejon is close to 4000 feet so it's no mystery why they have snow. Really, I don't see anything too out of the ordinary for the places their mentioning.

Long Beach can be a little rougher weather wise because they're on the coast. I have a friend who lives on a boat in San Pedro. Water spouts are rough and can rip up a sail but you'll notice they didn't bother closing Disneyland because you're plenty far away from there.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/vacationplanner/monthly/USCA0027?month=-1

Here is the weather history for Anaheim last month. Those tempuratures don't really do much dipping until about midnight and even then you're still a few hours from those observed lows.

"Feels like" and "is" are two very different things. We need to be sure we're giving the people that come here as detailed a diagram as possible of what to expect rather than just painting them a picture. Experiences are all different.

Hey. I think that is the same link I already posted.
It might be "possible" for someone to be at Disneyland with temps at or below 34 degrees. The record lows for November, December and February are 33, 32, and 30. However, the only people that would be in the parks at those times would be employees. Or maybe, but probably not, people on new years eve. But not likely. Of course, it has been cold enough to need coats and hats at Disneyland before...even without freezing temps. I'm a wuss.

(p.s. your post has a few typos.) :lovestruc

DangerMouse
02-06-2008, 06:07 PM
I just love a good debate.

Have you checked out micechat.com? :rolleyes1

tink2dw
02-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Mrs. Bee - is an English teacher!! They are the only ones that dog other peoples spelling!!

tink2dw
02-06-2008, 06:21 PM
I wore a disney T shirt, a disney winter sweat shirt, a muffer, my sea world heavy winter coat, and a hat and gloves. Plus a Poncho to stop the wind from cutting thru.

Mrs. Bee
02-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Nope. Not an english teacher. Not even close.

And you never responded....why exactly did you post those videos? I'm still confused by that.

Quest4fun
02-06-2008, 07:29 PM
Mrs. Bee - is an English teacher!! They are the only ones that dog other peoples spelling!!

I can always count on my WIFE to correct my spelling. She was being funny with that little piece. This is a message board. It's not for picking fights. A wise crack here and there breaks up the monotony of information.

We're all here because we love Disneyland. I've been several hundred times, I'm an addict I know, and I love to help people with their trip planning and occasionally poke fun at know-it-alls who don't necessarily know it all. They know a lot but some people know more and they need to accept that certain people on these boards are like the freaks over at Mouseplanet who go every day and know all the cast members by name.

I try very hard not to be one of those people. I've managed to keep the Disney souveniers in my office down to a healthy zero. I still know every ride spiel (my wife hates it) and can walk the park blindfolded but I try to quietly enjoy my experience. Then there are those "other" people. They know more than most people should know. You've seen them. They truck their pins around and show them to whoever isn't smart enough to get up from their bench after it's invaded. "This one was discontinued due to a typo on the back and only 17 weren't destroyed." Of course sometimes you just can't escape. They're behind you in line and insist on destroying as much "magic" as possible. Am I ranting? I think I'm ranting. I need to stop that. I also need to stop working and have some dinner.

Mrs. Bee
02-06-2008, 07:34 PM
I can always count on my WIFE to correct my spelling. She was being funny with that little piece. This is a message board. It's not for picking fights. A wise crack here and there breaks up the monotony of information.

We're all here because we love Disneyland. I've been several hundred times, I'm an addict I know, and I love to help people with their trip planning and occasionally poke fun at know-it-alls who don't necessarily know it all. They know a lot but some people know more and they need to accept that certain people on these boards are like the freaks over at Mouseplanet who go every day and know all the cast members by name.

I try very hard not to be one of those people. I've managed to keep the Disney souveniers in my office down to a healthy zero. I still know every ride spiel (my wife hates it) and can walk the park blindfolded but I try to quietly enjoy my experience. Then there are those "other" people. They know more than most people should know. You've seen them. They truck their pins around and show them to whoever isn't smart enough to get up from their bench after it's invaded. "This one was discontinued due to a typo on the back and only 17 weren't destroyed." Of course sometimes you just can't escape. They're behind you in line and insist on destroying as much "magic" as possible. Am I ranting? I think I'm ranting. I need to stop that. I also need to stop working and have some dinner.

I love the people in line that start telling us "insider" info. They are so excited to tell us little tidbits about the park. I never quite have the heart to say, "yeah. I already know. I'm an AP holder." I just smile and pretend it's something new to me. But it's slightly annoying after a while. Just because I have a fanny pack doesn't mean I'm a "tourist." :upsidedow

Quest4fun
02-06-2008, 07:39 PM
I almost forgot to mention that my wife wears a Disneyland fannypack. That's right. Fannypack. No pins though. Not yet anyway.

DangerMouse
02-06-2008, 07:45 PM
Anyone else beginning to wonder if Mrs.Bee and Quest4fun are married and just messin' with us? :lmao:

Mrs. Bee
02-06-2008, 08:28 PM

Married.
And there's nothing wrong with a fannypack.
Keeping on topic of weather....I wish I had a waterproof pack for those rainy days.

Quest4fun
02-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Married. I proposed and everything. You can see me in photos with said wife in her other, friendly posts.

I'm the one with the beard.

Hound 109
02-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Anyone else beginning to wonder if Mrs.Bee and Quest4fun are married and just messin' with us? :lmao:

I was wondering the same thing, Dangermouse.

They state they are "married"....can we confirm if to each other?

It's definitely gotten livelier the last few days. :tongue:

Silly Little Pixie
02-06-2008, 09:57 PM

Well, since you don't live here, you don't exactly know, do you? Were you there? I live inland from DL and it was a very cold January. There was 3-5 feet of snow in the mountains even below 5000 feet. I know, I was in it. There is still snow below 5000 feet that hasn't melted off from over a week ago. That is unusual.

It has been in the 30s - even mid thirties- in the am when I go to work in recent weeks. I have a thermometer outside my front door and in my car- and they both register that. Not every "weather station" is entirely accurate. So while a temp of 34 is unusual, it most certainly is not impossible.

Mrs. Bee
02-06-2008, 10:29 PM
Well, since you don't live here, you don't exactly know, do you? Were you there? I live inland from DL and it was a very cold January. There was 3-5 feet of snow in the mountains even below 5000 feet. I know, I was in it. There is still snow below 5000 feet that hasn't melted off from over a week ago. That is unusual.

It has been in the 30s - even mid thirties- in the am when I go to work in recent weeks. I have a thermometer outside my front door and in my car- and they both register that. Not every "weather station" is entirely accurate. So while a temp of 34 is unusual, it most certainly is not impossible.

So where exactly do you live?
When you say there is snow below 5000 feet...I don't think that includes place like Disneyland that are at what elevation? I don't know but I'm sure it's a LOT lower. EDIT - just googled it. Anaheim, elevation 157 feet. Yeah.
FYI: quest4fun may not live there now but he lived in orange county for most of his life (up until last march.)

Mrs. Bee
02-06-2008, 11:17 PM

Okay...so my husband (quest4fun) accidently posted his response under my name. So everything written below is from him....

I lived in Southern California for close to 30 years until I moved last March so I think I know a thing or two about the weather does and what the weather did plus I still have an office in Irvine so I'm not completely detached from my former home. I did not live inland from Disneyland. I lived less than 10 minutes away up until my recent move I had lived within earshot of their fireworks since 1985 so I think I have a pretty good feel for how cold it gets there and how cold it has gotten.

On extremely cold days the Grapevine will experience snow below 3000 feet. Snow below 2000 feet is unusual. I recall a light powdering in Malibu recently but then again Malibu's hills near the 1700 feet mark so in rare circumstances the air could be cold enough to allow for snow.

No doubt it was cold. My old pickup truck had a thermometer on the window that registered 25 degrees one morning in Orange. That didn't mean it was 25 degrees though. I know what 25 degrees feels like. It's just a tad colder than 34 degrees and I can say with some certainty that no Disneyland guest will every feel it dip below 40 degrees unless they manage to stay in the park until 3am when those sub 35 degree record temps were hit.

I just want people to know that yes you will have cold days at Disneyland but you will never freeze at the park as Anaheim's low tempuratures do not creep into the 30's until well after 1am.

I'm not blowing smoke. This is a scientific fact. There's this great thing called the Old Farmer's Almanac that gives incredibly accurate weather history since they keep track of national weather centers. You can check weather around Fullerton Municiple Airport and John Wayne Airpors. You'll see some very reasurring temperatures.

It simply doesn't get that cold during Disneyland's operating hours. Weather from the coast to the mountains is very different.

What makes me an expert on Anaheim? I worked for the Arrowhead Pond (now Honda Center), Anaheim Chamber of Commerce, several Disneyland are Hotels (there's a manager at Red Roof Inn that looks like Santa Claus), and Anaheim Mayor Curt Pringle as their system administrator. I know the city as well as if not better than Disneyland. I'll have to figure out which I know more about. Probably Disneyland now that I think of it.

Silly Little Pixie
02-07-2008, 12:31 AM
Oooh. Experts. :worship:

Well, then I'll just bow out, thanks. I'm sure the poster about it being 34 degrees will be glad to know it was not, indeed, 34 degrees.

Mrs. Bee
02-07-2008, 12:36 AM
Someone sounds bitter. I'm sorry for that.

tink2dw
02-07-2008, 04:04 AM
Thank-you Silly Little Pixie! I have been to DL at least 6 times. 2003 was Jan 1 thru 7. New Years Day was nice weather we went to the park in the evening in just sweat shirts. That whole trip we had good weather.

Nothing like this time. It was just plain flippin' miserable!! Sunday Jan 27th was the absolute worst. I admit it was abernant weather for DL But that does't mean it wasn't cold enough to freeze the bee knees.

Even the locals thought it was bad enough to stay home.

Amy&Dan
02-07-2008, 09:33 AM
Trey thanks for the information. You are still the one I look to for facts and touring techniques! I am not an expert on much of anything. But I do remember the good old days on disboards, especially the Disneyland side when discussions never got so nit picky.

Mrs. Bee
02-07-2008, 10:49 AM
Thank-you Silly Little Pixie! I have been to DL at least 6 times. 2003 was Jan 1 thru 9. New Years Day was nice weather we went to the park in the evening in just sweat shirts. That whole trip we had good weather.

Nothing like this time. It was just plain flippin' miserable!! Sunday Jan 27th was the absolute worst. I admit it was abernant weather for DL But that does't mean it wasn't cold enough to freeze the bee knees.

Even the locals thought it was bad enough to stay home.

I don't doubt that it was cold. Even thought I currently live in weather that gets below zero...I still get cold in weather all the way up to 50 degrees. To me, if I'm going to be walking around in it all day, 45 doesn't feel that much different than 25. But does that mean it was 25 degrees out? No. It just means I was flipping cold in 45. Will I say to the hubby, "brrr...I'm freezing" even though it's technically not freezing out. Yes. Will he laugh because it was 0 degrees back home? Yes. That was WDW two weeks ago. I'm not doubting that it was cold out and not fun to be in.

Trey thanks for the information. You are still the one I look to for facts and touring techniques! I am not an expert on much of anything. But I do remember the good old days on disboards, especially the Disneyland side when discussions never got so nit picky.

I'm not being nit picky. Someone stated it was 1 degree above freezing at Disneyland. I thought it sounded odd so I looked it up on a few weather sites. I came back and corrected her. Everyone else seems to think that all those weather sites (weather.com, accuweather.com, wunderground.com) are wrong. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

chickybanky
02-07-2008, 11:08 AM
I'm not being nit picky. Someone stated it was 1 degree above freezing at Disneyland. I thought it sounded odd so I looked it up on a few weather sites. I came back and corrected her.

To me, that right there is being nit picky! :confused3 And then to go on and on about it, and turn what was supposed to be an informative thread into a debate about whether it was *actually* 34 degrees out or just felt like 34 degrees out...just seems nit picky to me!

But, like you said, whatever floats your boat! :)

Amy&Dan
02-07-2008, 11:11 AM
I'm not being nit picky. Someone stated it was 1 degree above freezing at Disneyland. I thought it sounded odd so I looked it up on a few weather sites. I came back and corrected her. Everyone else seems to think that all those weather sites (weather.com, accuweather.com, wunderground.com) are wrong. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

Um, you asked people what they did for a living. You "corrected" people. To me that is picking apart what people have to say. And yes I know this is a message board and we are all supposed to post what we think. However, there are times when even if you know or feel you are right, pointing that out again and again begins to feel nit picky.

Now I am sure this latest comment of mine will generate another from you and I respect that. However, I am done with this because I think its silly. And I don't have a husband that posts who can continue on my behalf so I promise I won't bother you again! I just still miss the old days I guess when discussion centered around the fun of Disney and how best to capitalize on that, not a discussion of how many times we have been and who is truly the best qualified to comment.

Have a great day! Oh, and what floats my boat is planning my Disney trips. So that is what I'll do and hopefully Trey's threads can help me along the way as they always do!

Mrs. Bee
02-07-2008, 11:34 AM
I love that all of you are the ones who keep dragging things ON AND ON by attacking me. Do you expect me to not respond and stand up for myself?? I didn't realize that stating FACTS from weather websites was being nit picky. SO SORRY! I thought others reading this thread might want to know the facts so they aren't afraid of making a DL trip in January.

And I can't imagine these boards every being all candy and flowers and hunky-dory with people like you around. Amazing.

As far as asking what someone did for a living...that is a valid question. I was curious because of all the charts and time put into it. Maybe he does something related to weather and whatnot. So sorry again. I'll try not to be curious about other people.

Anything else further you'd like to say to/about me or my husband...feel free to send me a private message.

P.S. my husband never posted anything "on my behalf." He posted his own thoughts on stuff. I told him about this thread and he felt the need to comment on stuff. Get over it.

mindylovesmickey
02-07-2008, 03:15 PM

That week ended up being a huge winter storm, and being outside in it sucked. Anything between the 40's and 50's can feel like it's freezing, especially factoring in the wind chill and rain together.

Sorry you had a rough trip!!

Mrs. Bee
02-07-2008, 03:58 PM
Question to all....

Would you rather be at Disneyland in 40/50 degree weather? Or 90/100 degree weather? (Let's assume that neither has any rain or anything. Just partly sunny weather with those temps.)

Dobie
02-08-2008, 12:00 AM
Dear nitpicking arguers:

The first time I ever went to Disneyland, in 1987, I froze my whatsis off. I don't know what the temperature was, but it was freaking cold.

The last time I went to Disneyland, in 2007, it was freaking hot. I sweated clear through all of my unmentionables.

I'm sure if I remembered the exact dates and times of my trips, there would be someone to tell me that I couldn't possibly have been so hot or so cold.

But if I wanted to hear how wrong I was, I would start a conversation with my 17 year old.

:)

Mrs. Bee
02-08-2008, 12:44 AM
Question to all....

Would you rather be at Disneyland in 40/50 degree weather? Or 90/100 degree weather? (Let's assume that neither has any rain or anything. Just partly sunny weather with those temps.)

Since no one else wants to answer it...I'll answer it myself...haha.

I'd rather visit Disneyland when it's cold out. You can always put on layers of clothes and a coat/gloves/hat/scarf. When it's hot, there's only so much you can take off. Going into air conditioned buildings helps but you can't spend all day inside. The only upside of a super hot day is going on Grizzly River at DCA. LOVE that ride....especially if it's hot out. In general, I just don't like getting all sweaty. And typically if it's hot out, that means the UV index is going to be high. I'm a redhead. I burn easily. Reapplying sunscreen every couple hours is a hassle. And then I stink like sunscreen all day long.

I just always loved going to Disneyland on a cold day/night. Then when it gets dark out...we'd get hot chocolate or mochas and cookies from Blue Ribbon Bakery on Main Street. We'd sit and listen to the piano guy (although the guy we loved isn't there anymore.) Sometimes we'd watch fireworks or just people watch. There was something extra fun about it when it was cold and we were drinking hot beverages. I'm weird, I suppose.

Anyone else have any thoughts? Hot vs. Cold in the parks?

Quest4fun
02-08-2008, 12:54 AM
Dear nitpicking arguers:

The first time I ever went to Disneyland, in 1987, I froze my whatsis off. I don't know what the temperature was, but it was freaking cold.

The last time I went to Disneyland, in 2007, it was freaking hot. I sweated clear through all of my unmentionables.

I'm sure if I remembered the exact dates and times of my trips, there would be someone to tell me that I couldn't possibly have been so hot or so cold.

But if I wanted to hear how wrong I was, I would start a conversation with my 17 year old.

:)

I would have to agree with your hot statement. I was there on that wonderful 108 degree day last year. What a fun day that was.

I have also been there it was very cold. Very very cold. I wore gloves and a hat. That being said, I would never just start throwing temperatures around based on how I thought it felt then insist I'm right.

People come to these boards for truthful answers to very valid questions and we must answer them as accurately as possible.

Yes. It gets very cold at Disneyland. No need to put a temperature on your post. People are going to check.

HydroGuy
02-08-2008, 08:35 AM
Anyone else have any thoughts? Hot vs. Cold in the parks?Hands down I would rather go to DLR when it is hot. Especially when I have a nearby hotel.

With regard to WDW, I am not so sure. The hotels are not as close and the heat is much more oppresive IMHO. I have never been to WDW when it is cold, but I have been to Florida at all times of year including later this month. So I can't say for sure. But I suspect I would still take a hot day at WDW over a cold one.

Dobie
02-08-2008, 02:32 PM
I would have to agree with Hydroguy on this one. I would rather go when it is hot. On hot days, mornings are pleasant, evenings are delightful, and hot, hot afternoons just mean more margaritas by the pool. On cold days, its COLD. I can crawl into bed and drink hot chocolate at home. :)

Mrs. Bee
02-08-2008, 03:05 PM
For me...I am miserable when it's hot. Summer is my least favorite season. Spring is a close second. I love love love Winter and Fall. Snow and cool/cold temps are heaven for me! Haha. So yeah...it's no surprise I prefer the parks when it's colder. WDW last month the temps were in the 50's and 60's most of the time but also in the lower 70's a little. The 60's were great. But in the middle of the day, I even found the 70's to be a bit warm for my liking...haha. I guess I'm weird.

fairycat
02-09-2008, 01:40 AM
Cold and Rainy cause it scares everyone out and I can have DLR all to my self!!!

I thought October was to hot and humid in WDW. If I wanted to do water parks I would do October again, or trying another less oppressive month. But other wise I would do it in Nov or Dec cause the weather was actually nice.

Mrs. Bee
02-09-2008, 12:54 PM
Cold and Rainy cause it scares everyone out and I can have DLR all to my self!!!

I thought October was to hot and humid in WDW. If I wanted to do water parks I would do October again, or trying another less oppressive month. But other wise I would do it in Nov or Dec cause the weather was actually nice.

Rain at disneyland is great. Low crowd levels....woohoo! Too bad a poncho is useless.
WDW in January was lovely. If we ever get a chance to go back, that's when we'd go. And the crowds weren't too bad either.

disney-super-mom
02-09-2008, 02:23 PM
I would rather go to DL when it's hot out, although we're a family of swimmers and like to swim everyday when we're visiting DL. Plus, considering where we live, we like to vacation where it's warm.

In all the times we've been to DL, we've never had a rainy day, but the thought of an empty park sounds very intriguing.:scratchin

We visited WDW in late January 2007 and the weather was very pleasant, about 65-75 degrees everyday we were there, plus the crowds were low. It was awesome! We're going to WDW again this year, December 7-14, and I'm hoping for 70-80 degrees, but we'll be prepared for anything from cold to sweltering.:thumbsup2

tyandbash
02-09-2008, 07:08 PM
Well....never been to Disneyland, but have been to WDW for the last five years in August. So, I guess if we like that, we will have no problem with D.L. this summer, right?? I would much rather be at WDW when it is hot, then if it is cold. Last February we were at WDW and it was freezing (for Florida) at night, but the days were warm. Still my DH complained that is was too cold for WDW and he would rather be there when it is hot!! We do love to swim though!!

Ashlotte
02-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Oh, wow. Someone more interested in "research" than me! :love: