PDA

View Full Version : Late lunch/early dinner at Blue Bayou...is 3:40 a bad time?

imjen
02-04-2008, 02:20 PM
I made our reservation for around 3:40 (exact time slips my mind), thinking we could call it an early dinner and still pay lunch prices. We'd probably need a small snack later in the evening but by the time we finish eating I figure it will be at least 4:30 or so. Has anyone else done this? How did that time work out for you? Do you think we'll have a chance to get a waterside table for 2?

BillyFan
02-04-2008, 02:41 PM
I don't know about getting a waterside table, but you will get to pay the cheaper lunch prices and get away from peak crowds for a much-appreciated rest!

imjen
02-04-2008, 08:31 PM
Thanks! I hope the time works out. I can still change it if I need to, so has anyone been during this time and did you enjoy it?

ballarinamom
02-04-2008, 09:29 PM
We've done this before. We were close to the water but not against the rail. We had a late breakfast (10:00) then ate at 3:45. We then just grabbed some gumbo from The Jazz Kitchen while walking bakc to the DLH around 8:00

Disneyluvr2
02-04-2008, 09:56 PM
We ate at the BB about that time of day once, but instead of ordering lunch we just ordered dessert! I've always been too full after a BB meal to enjoy their wonder desserts so this was the perfect way to enjoy the atmosphere AND a yummy dessert! :banana:

imjen
02-05-2008, 02:57 PM
That's a good idea, disneyluvr2. Do you know if there's a difference in price for desserts at that time vs dinner hours? What's your favorite? This might actually work well because we will probably be at DL pretty late that day so we could easily have a later dinner if we had dessert in the afternoon to tide us over.

Thanks to ballarinamom too. Did it seem pretty crowded at that time? Do you think there would be much difference in crowds/seating between a 3 and 3:30 time slot?

Thanks guys!