PDA

View Full Version : Best purse/ bag to carry

Pages : [1] 2

Minnie M6
02-03-2008, 09:06 PM
Anyone have a recommendation for a hands free bag with enough room for the essentials (wallet, keys, tickets, camera)? Is the crocs sling bag good?

:confused3

JSTX
02-03-2008, 09:57 PM
I like to use a fanny pack. It works well because I can wear it on all the rides, and the one I have holds my wallet, phone, camera, etc.

TinkerBrie
02-03-2008, 10:57 PM
I bought a Bagalini. I have used it for two trips to Disney and I would never go without one! I bought it because it was suggessted on this board. Someone in Disney came up to me and asked me if I was from the dis boards, I said yes, how do you know? And she said from the bagalini! She had one too!

AuroraBeauty
02-04-2008, 01:06 AM
I also used the Bagalini and it was terrific. Small bag but holds plenty w/o being bulky. It didn't become a black hole either b/c it isn't giant and you don't feel like a pack mule.

Leleluvsdis
02-04-2008, 02:25 AM
I love my vera bradley hipster. Just throw it across your chest, and go. The best part is if it gets dirty, throw it in the wash on delicate, and hang to dry.

Minnie M6
02-04-2008, 06:13 AM
For those who use the Bagalini, do you remember which style you carried? I checked out their website and they have lots of bags.
Thanks to all who replied- I'll check out all the options!:flower3:

duketennisgal
02-04-2008, 06:37 AM
I love my Overland Donner bag. It's just the right size, I never felt like I was carrying a bag.

DisDee
02-04-2008, 08:14 AM
I love my LL Bean Healthy Back Bag! It fits over 1 shoulder and stays in place. I wanted to go smaller for when we cruise, so I just purchased the Baggallini Bon Voyage Bag. I'll be testing it this weekend when we fly to Tampa. The strap is very long, so it can be worn across the body, and it also looks like it can be turned into a waist bag. I'll post my review when we return.

mojomama
02-04-2008, 01:05 PM
I just bought the Baggallini Messenger bagg upon the recommendations of others. I went and tried it in the store as I wanted to make sure it "fit" me well.

*Dreamin'Dad*
02-04-2008, 01:59 PM
I am a backpack person. Prefer a medium sized with with 2 main compartments and MANY small ones. I admit it gets a little tuff later in the day, but I do have everything. All my camera gear, essentials, autograph books/pens, small fans, ponchos, the works. It is large enough to never leave behind accidentally, yet small enough not to need a dolly. I also feel secure with it strapped on my back.

Again, the more compartments, the better. I carry nothing in my pockets.

TinkerBrie
02-04-2008, 02:04 PM
The bag I am taliking about is the Women's Baggallini Messenger Bag. I bought it from Shoebuy.com. It is still available in many colors and sell for $31.45 with free shipping. You can throw it in the wash too!

LaDolce
02-04-2008, 06:59 PM
I have the Baggallini messenger, too, and it is THE perfect Disney bag - plenty of room for everything and you can wear it to the front for rides - no taking it off like backpacks. Ebags.com runs good deals on them all the time - sign up for their emails and check out the discontinued colors.

Minnie M6
02-04-2008, 07:58 PM
I just found the Baggillini Messenger bag for $19.30! It was with a promo code on Bagsbuy.com. They have free shipping, no sales tax, and there was a $10.00 off code. Plus you get a discount for registering with them. I hope it's the right bag! I was excited to find such a great deal. :dance3:

Thanks again to everyone!

tomerin
02-04-2008, 09:52 PM
I like to use a fanny pack. It works well because I can wear it on all the rides, and the one I have holds my wallet, phone, camera, etc.

this is exactly what my wife uses for all of our trips and never has had a problem. she does downsize her wallet though. only takes with her only what she feels what may be necessary.

PinkTink63
02-05-2008, 04:31 PM
I downsize everything when I go on vacation. I get rid of my wallet completely and my handbag, for that matter! I rubberband my license, credit card, bank card, costco card (never leave home without it!) and annual pass together. I keep my travelers checks in the envelope they give them in.

I fit my camera (very slim), my phone, chapstick, towelettes, mini sunscreen, money, sunglasses, and cards in the baglett by Ameribag. It is a really small kidney shaped bag. You can wear it over shoulder or adjust the strap and wear it around your waist. I have the medium size and the baglett in microfiber. You can get them in different materials. I chose microfiber because you can throw them in the washer and dryer, which I often do! I carry the bigger bag with the baglett inside on the plane and leave it in the hotel room for the duration of the trip. I don't like carrying a big bag around on vaction, especially at WDW!

I bought the medium bag on ebags.com. I had to get the baglett directly from Ameribag, because I couldn't find it in my area.

http://www.ameribag.com/catalog/product/54

jennyf2
02-05-2008, 05:30 PM
I just found the Baggillini Messenger bag for $19.30! It was with a promo code on Bagsbuy.com. They have free shipping, no sales tax, and there was a $10.00 off code. Plus you get a discount for registering with them. I hope it's the right bag! I was excited to find such a great deal. :dance3:

I would love to find this bag for under $20.00!!!! Do you know if the promo code is still going on??

TIA!

jenny

cwestbrook
02-05-2008, 05:53 PM
The Ameribag is on sale right now at www.sierratradingpost.com

I just got my sale catalog and it was on the front cover.:yay:

Minnie M6
02-05-2008, 05:55 PM
The code should still be good, I just bought last night (I'm a bit impulsive ;)
The code I used was save10. I hope it's okay to post that on here- let me know if it works! If you register on the site you save another $2, and the shipping is free. Good luck!

Omma
02-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Thank you for the code! I just bought one and got the $10 off, and the $2 and some odd cents off for creating an account. My total (free tax & shipping) was $26. My Baggalini is on the way! :woohoo:

WilmingtonFive
02-05-2008, 06:51 PM
I just purchased the Messenger bag on bagsbuy.com for 19.30 as well. It was cheaper than anywhere else I could find it. I will be using it at the end of the month on my trip to WDW!

Thanks for the tips!!:cool1:

duketennisgal
02-06-2008, 07:01 AM
Hey WilmingtonFive, I'm in Wilmington as well, actually I'm in Winnabow but we still consider it Wilmington.

Have a good trip, we will be heading down in May.

Hey do you drive or fly? If you drive do you go 17 or 95? I'm debating this years route, we usually take 95 but have taken 17 once in the past and think the drive is a bit more pleasant, just slower.

WilmingtonFive
02-06-2008, 07:17 AM
We are going to drive. We thought about flying even considered taking Amtrak from Florence but in the end decided driving would be best. One reason is because our oldest is a severe asthmatic and we dont want to be down there without a car but didnt want to rent one and pay for it to just sit there all week.

We are going to take 95 through Lumberton, drive all day Saturday on the way down, but split the trip up on the way home. That way we can go to a park that Saturday but still have some of the trip out of the way so that it is not so long on the home come Sunday. I cant stand to be in a lot of traffic and while I enjoy the scenic route sometimes, with 3 rambunctious excited boys the sooner I get out of the car the better! ;)

duketennisgal
02-06-2008, 07:27 AM
We usually leave around 1 or 2 am so the traffic is never too bad because we can get past Savannah by rush hour. I think what we might do is 17 down and 95 back home since it is quicker and we don't leave the world until 9 or 10 am.

I'll tell you what though, I flew last year and it was totally not worth it. We left for the airport at 6:00 am for an 8:00 flight (don't ask why since it's Wilmington airport but we did). Anyways we had to go through Atlanta with a 2 hour layover and then off to Orlando. By the time we waited for Magical Express it was 4:00 when we checked in. When we leave the house at 2:00 am we are checking in by 2:00 pm so really it doesn't save all that much time. Now maybe if we could get a direct flight out of Wilmington things would be different but I don't see that happening any time soon. :(

Aliceacc
02-06-2008, 08:11 AM
The code I used was save10. I hope it's okay to post that on here- let me know if it works! If you register on the site you save another $2, and the shipping is free. Good luck!

Thank you!!! I just ordered it in red. With free shipping, the code and the $2.15 discount for registering, it came to under $20.:cool1:

logansmummy
02-06-2008, 10:37 AM
Ok y'all, I ordered my Baggalini!!!:cool1: I am so excited, I bought it after joining the boards.:surfweb: I haven't received it yet but I am so excited to get it!!!:banana: :upsidedow I bought a purple one, but it doesn't look purple on ebags.com?? :confused3 More like a darker blue? We shall see, I really could care less what color it is, it looks so functional!! Whoo HOOOOO!!:rotfl:

duketennisgal
02-06-2008, 11:10 AM
Ok so even though I love my Overland Donner I went ahead and bought the baggallini in pink, I used the code and it still worked.

I figure if I love the bag I can let my sister use the other bag since she doesn't have one, if not I'll give the baggallini to her. With the 10% off for registering it came to $19 and some change.

logansmummy
02-06-2008, 11:41 AM
Ok so jealous, I paid 38 for mine........

WilmingtonFive
02-06-2008, 12:30 PM
We would probably leave earlier but my husband doesnt get off work until 430 AM and I have a Sat college course that I dont want to miss. And getting a direct flight out of Wilmington to anywhere but Charlotte or Raleigh would be as likely as the traffic getting better here!! :)

BTW, my husband and I use the same login so dont be shocked if he shows up on here at some point, although, he doesnt do the post/reply thing. He just reads what everyone else says most of the time.:upsidedow

17 days til WDW!!!!!! :cheer2: :cool1: :woohoo: :yay: :dance3:

tycopj
02-06-2008, 04:03 PM
I can't seem to get the free shipping. Is there a code for that?

Thanks

tycopj
02-06-2008, 04:06 PM
:lmao: I can't seem to get the free shipping. Is there a code for that?

Thanks

Never mind, I was at the wrong site!
:lmao:

Disney Doll
02-06-2008, 05:36 PM
I love my vera bradley hipster. Just throw it across your chest, and go. The best part is if it gets dirty, throw it in the wash on delicate, and hang to dry.

I agree with Lele.

It's the perfect bag, perfect size, perfect length strap.

PinkTink63
02-06-2008, 07:32 PM
The Ameribag is on sale right now at www.sierratradingpost.com

I just got my sale catalog and it was on the front cover.:yay:

Thanks for the info! I love my Ameribags!

3Tinkabellas
02-06-2008, 10:55 PM
Is a backpack going to be too much to carry all day?

3Tinkabellas
02-06-2008, 10:56 PM
What is a Baggalinni?

PinkTink63
02-06-2008, 11:38 PM

It is for me!:rotfl: I like to travel light, especially in *90+ weather!

logansmummy
02-07-2008, 08:26 AM

I have carried a smaller backpack & did fine....my hubby & I took turns....wasn't really a big deal. With that said......I have purchased my first Baggalini...so we shall see how that works, I hear it is great!:wizard:

mpmluvstigger
02-07-2008, 05:23 PM

Thank you for posting this! I just ordered one myself. I have been looking for a bag for my DD13. She is going to Washington D.C. on a school trip and needed something to hold all of her belongings. Once again a DISer saves a life:goodvibes

cwestbrook
02-07-2008, 10:54 PM
How do you carry the Baggallini? I've seen one picture with the bag in front and another picture with the bag in back.

WilmingtonFive
02-07-2008, 11:30 PM
I would think it would be personal preference. I personally am probably going to wear mine in front:)

brehan9403
02-08-2008, 09:07 AM
Thanks for this! I just ordered an Overland Donner off bagsbuy.com and with all discounts it cost me $40. Plus I earned 200 MYPOINTS :)

I used a Bagallini last year and wanted to try something new~

logansmummy
02-08-2008, 10:40 AM
OK I am in trouble!!! My baggallini came in and it is PURPLE!!! It did not look that purple on the website. I don't care what it looks like I actually like the color, and since it stands out, we won't loose it. With that being said, MY HUSBAND saw this and FREAKED OUT!!:scared1: :headache: He said NO WAY am I helping carry that thing, NO WAY!!! I did crack up!! :rotfl: :lmao: I never expected that at all, he had me almost peeing my pants. We leave in May, & I know I am not alone, I already bought all my supplies for my Baggallini too, Type A sorta, I am always over prepared! :teacher: What am I going to do?

racheljessicasara
02-08-2008, 10:42 AM
OK I am in trouble!!! My baggallini came in and it is PURPLE!!! It did not look that purple on the website. I don't care what it looks like I actually like the color, and since it stands out, we won't loose it. With that being said, MY HUSBAND saw this and FREAKED OUT!!:scared1: :headache: He said NO WAY am I helping carry that thing, NO WAY!!! I did crack up!! :rotfl: :lmao: I never expected that at all, he had me almost peeing my pants. We leave in May, & I know I am not alone, I already bought all my supplies for my Baggallini too, Type A sorta, I am always over prepared! :teacher: What am I going to do?

What color did you order that came looking purple????
I ordered steel blue....you got me worried!!!!!

mpmluvstigger
02-08-2008, 03:12 PM
What color did you order that came looking purple????
I ordered steel blue....you got me worried!!!!!

I ordered the steel blue also :eek:

mpmluvstigger
02-08-2008, 03:14 PM

If you dont mind me asking, what do you carry in it? This will be the first time I carry anything into the parks and could use some advice. My husband usually carries everything in his cargo pants pockets. Which is not much at all. TIA

Bama mom to 3
02-08-2008, 04:50 PM
I ordered the steel blue also :eek:

I bet she got Plum. It looks like a royal purple on the website.

*Belle*
02-10-2008, 04:37 PM
I just ordered the llbean microfiber everyday bag. Monogrammed with my initials. It's light weight, stain and water resistant. $39.99 :thumbsup2 Hope I love it as it hasn't arrived yet. I also have the Vera Bradley mini hipster which I love. I really wanted a microfiber bag but I wasn't fond of the one thru Vera Bradley. So llbean got the sale.:)

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

jklmw
02-11-2008, 02:07 PM
Ok, I cannot find a baggallini bag for $19.30? I have the save10 code, could someone send me the link where they found the bag? Thanks I love the bag, but I would love it even more if it was $19.30.

THANKS

LETSGOFAM
02-11-2008, 02:12 PM
baggallini or hip pack?

Minnie M6
02-11-2008, 04:08 PM
Here is the link for the one I bought. After the $10 discount and the $2.00 you save by registering with them, it comes to $19.30. Hope the code still works! :wizard:

http://www.bagsbuy.com/baggallini-mes160-messenger-bagg/121602

maryt01
02-11-2008, 04:28 PM
travelon bags are great. they start around 20.00 to about 40.00. most of them can be worn across the body. therefore no bag to have to hold on to.

jklmw
02-11-2008, 06:14 PM
Thank you Minnie M6...I got it and my DH liked it. I could only find the $38.95 price, it was driving me crazy!!! I ended up paying $19.30:banana:
51 Days and I can't wait.:rotfl2:

PLANNER88
02-11-2008, 09:34 PM
Thanks to all the advice & coupon code...I just ordered my in purple!

Promomx2
02-12-2008, 04:18 PM
Is the baggallini waterproof? I'm wondering if I could put my camera in it and it would be okay in case of rain or a water ride?

lazydoxy66
02-12-2008, 06:16 PM
I just purchased my Baggalini with the code. $19.30 I love a bargain.:thumbsup2

Minnie M6
02-12-2008, 06:43 PM
You're welcome! I'm just excited to have learned about the bag on this board, and I myself love a bargain!

My Baggallini came today! :woohoo:
It's red and I love it!:love:

Mike N Kathy
02-12-2008, 08:11 PM
what color should i order pink or red?

Omma
02-12-2008, 11:07 PM
My Baggalini came today - very cute! Thank you for the recommendation! :thumbsup2

Aliceacc
02-13-2008, 04:14 AM
what color should i order pink or red?

I went for red, on the off chance that my husband ends up with it at some point.

brehan9403
02-13-2008, 05:57 AM
I don't know what others will say but I bought mine for our trip last year. I would say it's not waterproof only because a big splash from Shamu one day and we were caught in a rainstorm during our trip (another day) and everything got soaked inside my bag. That is why I'm trying something else this year. But again, this is just my experience.

brehan9403
02-13-2008, 05:59 AM
Is the baggallini waterproof? I'm wondering if I could put my camera in it and it would be okay in case of rain or a water ride?

I forgot to "quote" yours when I answered but if you see my post above this is my opinion. I'm curious as what others will say.

mpmluvstigger
02-13-2008, 07:04 AM
I forgot to "quote" yours when I answered but if you see my post above this is my opinion. I'm curious as what others will say.

The description on line said it was only water resistant not waterproof. So I am not expecting to keep everything from getting soaking wet but gosh I thought that if it rained it wouldnt be that bad! uhoh

racheljessicasara
02-13-2008, 08:04 AM
Good thing to use all those ziplock bags everyone says to pack for!

Mine is coming today! So excited!

brehan9403
02-13-2008, 08:38 AM
The description on line said it was only water resistant not waterproof. So I am not expecting to keep everything from getting soaking wet but gosh I thought that if it rained it wouldnt be that bad! uhoh

This was a sudden, hard downpour not regular raining when we went.

LETSGOFAM
02-13-2008, 10:09 AM
Hey everyone - I want one! What is this code your talking about? I could definately use that!

jackiethies
02-13-2008, 11:57 AM
Anyone have a recommendation for a hands free bag with enough room for the essentials (wallet, keys, tickets, camera)? Is the crocs sling bag good?

Call Riverside Works at 716-569-6524 and ask Sue about her purses, may be what you need.

poohfriend
02-13-2008, 12:44 PM

I was REALLy upset when I missed the REI clearance earlier this week! But now I have the exact color bag I wanted at a price I can live with!!!

thank you....

i used code save10 today... worked...my bag was the same price as yours:banana:

dkdaisy
02-13-2008, 01:57 PM
I don't have a bagalini, so I can't comment there, but I used one of those small nylon backbacks with string straps - you know what I'm talking about. It had only one pocket, so it was an easy check at the ticket counter and it was black, so DH would carry it sometimes.

Does the bagalini have alot of pockets? Does that slow you down at the entrance where they check everything?

WilmingtonFive
02-13-2008, 04:45 PM
I just got my Baggallini in the mail!!:banana: I think it is going to be just what I need to carry everything.

It does have a lot of pockets and very spacious! As far as the bag checks, I have read on these boards that if you go ahead and open all the zippers and pockets before you go thru the check, it shouldn't be that big of a deal. As far as being waterproof - it is made of nylon. I think you would have to literally drop it in the river or let it soak in the tub before it damaged anything in the bag. I tried it on when I got it and it felt very light weight and versatile. Good bag for the money!!!:cheer2:

I am very excited!!!:woohoo: :yay: :dance3:

Omma
02-13-2008, 11:01 PM
I got a purple one - I ordered "Plum".

Aliceacc
02-14-2008, 05:24 AM
Mine came last night.
I ordered the red, and it's perfect (a nice red, the color of Minnie's shoes!)

Many thanks to those who posted the code and the other info!!!

racheljessicasara
02-14-2008, 08:32 PM
Got mine yesterday! Love the color (steel blue) and it's the perfect size!

2 years ago when I was there with DD (then 11) I carried a backpack way too big. Of course if there is the room you carry too much stuff you do not need!

We use the lockers taking a change of shoes and pants/shorts/sweatshirts so I just wanted something smaller. Thanks!!!!!

duketennisgal
02-15-2008, 06:59 AM
Got mine yesterday as well. I love the color, I ordered pink, but have yet to try it out. I'll be heading out of town today though so I'll probably try it out this weekend. I love the little cell phone or cameral pocket on the strap, that will be a perfect place to put my phone.

duketennisgal
02-15-2008, 10:27 AM
I just got my Baggallini in the mail!!:banana: I think it is going to be just what I need to carry everything.

It does have a lot of pockets and very spacious! As far as the bag checks, I have read on these boards that if you go ahead and open all the zippers and pockets before you go thru the check, it shouldn't be that big of a deal. As far as being waterproof - it is made of nylon. I think you would have to literally drop it in the river or let it soak in the tub before it damaged anything in the bag. I tried it on when I got it and it felt very light weight and versatile. Good bag for the money!!!:cheer2:

I am very excited!!!:woohoo: :yay: :dance3:

Hey, did you hear about the new flights out of ILM to Orlando? I'm seriously rethinking my driving plans now.

meister08
02-15-2008, 12:54 PM
I listened & just ordered my baggalini in purple for $19.30!!! thanks for the website bagsbuy.com & the code 'save10' ---oh, & if you register you get 10% off :banana:

crazypants
02-15-2008, 01:52 PM
Ack! I just realized there are two different Baggalini Messenger bags.
Baggallini: MES160 Messenger Bagg (Women) (http://www.shoebuy.com/baggallini-mes160-messenger-bagg/121602)
Baggallini: MES160C Messenger Bagg (Women) (http://www.shoebuy.com/baggallini-mes160c-messenger-bagg/121625)

Which one is better?

Dinka
02-15-2008, 02:06 PM
I was wondering what type of bag to take to WDW, was planning on a backpack, but the baggallini sound much better. So, can you NOT take your bag on rides? Not the roller coasters, but moreso the kids type rides? What are the rules for this?:confused3

Minnie Lor
02-15-2008, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the link and code. I've been looking for something new to carry to the parks for 6 months.

I'm still trying to decide. The messenger bag is too big for me but the large wallet might work. I'm going to look at other brands on that sight as well. I would love one that's waterproof also.

Amazon's website is a great place to see the bags. They have several views inside, outside, and someone wearing.

poohfriend
02-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Ack! I just realized there are two different Baggalini Messenger bags.
Baggallini: MES160 Messenger Bagg (Women) (http://www.shoebuy.com/baggallini-mes160-messenger-bagg/121602)
Baggallini: MES160C Messenger Bagg (Women) (http://www.shoebuy.com/baggallini-mes160c-messenger-bagg/121625)

Which one is better?

the fabric seems to be the only diff. I ordered the cheaper one!

crazypants
02-15-2008, 02:42 PM
the fabric seems to be the only diff. I ordered the cheaper one!

Ahh. I think you're right. I jumped the gun & ordered the other one earlier. I figured the steel blue would be the only one DH would wear willingly if I ask him to. I wonder if one is more water resistant than the other?

wezee
02-15-2008, 05:00 PM
The pink one appears to be hot pink...anyone confirm this???? The bright colored ones......any risk of color bleed when new) on a rainy day?? :confused3

CinderellyCinderelly
02-16-2008, 12:10 AM
My local luggage store was having a sale today and I got a super cute Vera Bradley cross body type bag for pretty cheap. it is the PERFECT size!!

leday
02-16-2008, 12:14 PM
I just ordered my Baggallini messenger bag and it is the perfect thing for me! They already shipped it too! I used to use a hip sack when I went to DW last, but I absolutely HATE them really. They are so bulky on your hip and they just look so bad, especially when people insist on putting them directly on top of their belly in the front. I dunno...I had low back surgery and with the hipsack and the weight of its contents hanging off of my lower back like that it really became uncomfortable by the end of a long day at the park. This messenger bag is very stylish and looks to be so much more comfortable. Thanks to whoever suggested it! Going to use it on my trip to DW during Easter week!:love: :love:

wezee
02-18-2008, 08:09 AM
Ordered the plum baggillini yesterday, and got it for $19.30 also. Thanks so much for the input and code info!!!:thumbsup2

Tress1975
02-18-2008, 10:44 AM
Go on shoebag.com if you do a search for messenger bag and click on sort by price this yellow bag came up and because I like the front of it and also it could be used as a sling bag. I got this for $13.90!!!!!!!!!!! I hope it works as well, only thing it is not waterproof, but I will store my tickets and things in a ziploc bag!!!!! You can get a 15% discount for President's day, and put in that code, plus register you really get a deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheer2:

How do you put pictures on here, I will show you what it looks like.

collcass
02-18-2008, 11:30 AM
Just broke down and got one. I love love love the red but thought it might be hot in the July sun so I went with the periwinkle. They had a pes day coupon but the Save10 made it cheaper. Too bad the two coupons couldn't be combined;)

Mommyto2Princesses
02-18-2008, 03:16 PM
My dh calls me a bag lady b/c I have several bags. I even have some bags to store my bags. Don't know why, but I just love bags. I take a couple of different bags and switch them throughout my stay. Normally it's a backpack style so hopefully DH will take his turn carrying it as well:confused3

southernbelle20
02-18-2008, 03:35 PM
I just ordered my too! I was also able to use the code (thanks!). And I also got the steele blue in case hubby needs to tote it too, otherwise I would have got the lime green.;)
Thanks for all the great tips!

drnlhome
02-18-2008, 04:09 PM
I have the Baggalinni also and love it! I used it last year to WDW and it worked great. On the rides I couldn't wear it, I just twisted the strap around my leg one and it worked just fine. :)

abitt
02-18-2008, 05:02 PM
I just ordered the Vera Bradley hipster and it looks so cute. We don't even have our trip booked yet but the bag is on it's way :lmao:

WilmingtonFive
02-18-2008, 07:20 PM
Hey, did you hear about the new flights out of ILM to Orlando? I'm seriously rethinking my driving plans now.

yes but they dont start until April 4.:mad: We are leaving at the end of the week. :banana:

PrincessKsMom
02-18-2008, 09:02 PM
All this talk of Baggalini made me breakdown and order one (turquoise). Only I think I might have jumped the gun -- does anyone of a "larger" size have this? I am a size 20-22 and I'm afraid it won't fit around me once I receive it. Any thoughts? :confused3

WilmingtonFive
02-19-2008, 12:05 AM
All this talk of Baggalini made me breakdown and order one (turquoise). Only I think I might have jumped the gun -- does anyone of a "larger" size have this? I am a size 20-22 and I'm afraid it won't fit around me once I receive it. Any thoughts? :confused3

I am a size 20 and fits around me. Our trip is this weekend and I will try to get back on here and let you know how it goes with the bag.

duketennisgal
02-19-2008, 04:10 AM
yes but they dont start until April 4.:mad: We are leaving at the end of the week. :banana:

Well congrats on leaving so soon though! I would trade the ability to fly down there to be leaving at the end of the week. :)

I am thinking about getting an annual pass now that we have round trip flights to Orlando though, I have till May to debate myself on this topic.

Have a great trip!

Native NYer
02-19-2008, 06:11 AM
Is the baggallini messenger bag water resistant? I'm going in August and it rains a lot. Last month, I used my LeSportSac backpack. I'm also considering a small backpack from LL Bean. But if the baggallin is water resistant, it may be a great option.

Aliceacc
02-19-2008, 06:13 AM
Jen, It's made of the same type of fabric as a LeSportSac. Some sort of nylony thing.

It's probably not waterPROOF, but should stand up to a light mist.

Native NYer
02-19-2008, 06:31 AM

gibsontrio
02-19-2008, 07:47 AM
hi! I just got the baggalini , from bagsbuy.com .. the one for 31. If you use the coupon code SAVE10 ,and also sign up it will total to 19.30 . I'm so excited!

PrincessKsMom
02-19-2008, 09:08 AM
I am a size 20 and fits around me. Our trip is this weekend and I will try to get back on here and let you know how it goes with the bag.

Thanks so much for your reply. Hope you enjoy your vacation and come back a winner of something from the Year of a Million Dreams! :banana:

TinkerBrie
02-19-2008, 09:36 AM

It will fit!!!! And about the waterproof, I am not sure if it is "technically waterproof", but I can tell you we have be caught in the rain (quite a few times) with it, and the contents have stayed dry! Now if it is pouring, I would probably put it under the poncho because I carry my camera and video camera in it!

encinc
02-20-2008, 08:23 AM
For those of you who ordered the Baggalini messenger bags from shoebuy, how long did they take to get to you. I just ordered one (red!) and had it shipped to the hotel in Buffalo where we are staying before our trip. I want to call and make sure it got there OK, and I'm wondering when I should expect it to arrive.

Thanks!

Aliceacc
02-20-2008, 08:27 AM
I ordered mine on Feb 6; it came on the 13th.

collcass
02-20-2008, 08:40 AM
For those of you who ordered the Baggalini messenger bags from shoebuy, how long did they take to get to you. I just ordered one (red!) and had it shipped to the hotel in Buffalo where we are staying before our trip. I want to call and make sure it got there OK, and I'm wondering when I should expect it to arrive.

Thanks!
I ordered mine Monday. it was shipped yesterday (from Portland OR). it is scheduled for delivery on 2/26 (and I am in CT)

leday
02-20-2008, 10:14 AM
I ordered mine (red too) late in the day on 2/15. It was shipped out the next morning (UPS ground from Portland OR) and is scheduled to be delivered on this Friday 2/22 (to Hampstead, MD, just north of Baltimore).

P.S. They should have given you a tracking number when your bag shipped, so you can track it on the UPS site and that will tell you the expected delivery date.

encinc
02-20-2008, 10:19 AM
Thanks everyone! I'll watch for the tracking number.

Mike N Kathy
02-20-2008, 05:01 PM
My bag arrived today its so cute i love it

poohfriend
02-20-2008, 05:52 PM
Mine arrived today. Thanks for the tip on bagsbuy and the save10 code. 19.30 is a great price.

Eventhough I haven't used it, I love the fact I can carry it on the front or back. I like the organizer pocket on the front compartment...but also like the open main compartment.

The bottle holder looks a little small. Does anyone know if it will hold a 20 oz coke -- like the ones they sell in the parks?

delighted:rotfl:

Tink_lover900
02-21-2008, 12:46 PM
We always use fanny packs(2 DD's hated them in July b/c they think they are ugly) but they work wonderful. We can carry camera, money,id and our keys to the world and also carry our rain ponchos. We love them!! Three cheers for the fanny packs:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

DWeaver
02-21-2008, 01:36 PM
I just ordered from bagsbuy and used the code -- What a great deal! Thank you so much! Can't wait till it arrives. This will be a great help on our trip to WDW and DCL this year! :)

disalways
02-21-2008, 10:53 PM
I just got back from my trip to WDW... I used my LL Bean Carryall Guide bag, and it was great! I loved the inside slots it had for all the park/key cards. It had a cell phone pocket. Two small outside edge pockets that held carmex, a tide stick, and a small small gel hand sanitizer. There is a larger outside zipper pocket that was perfect for my camera. The inside of the main compartment was large enough to hold sun tan lotion, a small umbrella and several other items. It is $19 and was perfect for my trip.

Just thought I would post this other option. It is much smaller than the messenger bag, but held a bunch of needed things.

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?page=carryall-guide-bag&categoryId=53797&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&parentCategory=4520&cat4=2913&shop_method=pp&feat=4520-tn

brehan9403
02-22-2008, 08:00 AM
I want to thank those that suggested the Overland Donner. I received mine this week and I think it will be a great bag. Thanks~

Lisa06468
02-22-2008, 08:47 AM
Where at bagsbuy.com do you register for the extra 10% off? Im not seeing it.

Aliceacc
02-22-2008, 09:44 AM
Where at bagsbuy.com do you register for the extra 10% off? Im not seeing it.

Towards the end, they ask if you want to give your email address for future offers. After you input it, they thank you with the additional 10% discount.

Lisa06468
02-22-2008, 10:09 AM
OMG I am OBSESSED with this board!

Just purchased the baggallini - in red - for 19.30 too!! I like that it is free returns in case I dont like it.

karajeboo
02-22-2008, 10:43 AM
OK, talk about obsessed! I purchased the Overland Donner bag a couple of weeks ago and started carrying it around town just to see if it will work for a week in Disney. Then I saw all the positive comments about the baggalini, so I bought it too! It's scheduled to deliver today so I'll have to try it out this weekend. Then a weekend at Disney next week so I'll have to pick which one to use - I'll let y'all know!!!!

T. Lynn
02-22-2008, 07:14 PM
I love the Overland Donner Juno. It's the perfect size for parks...I also use mine for New York and field trips.

Hensandchickens
02-23-2008, 03:24 AM
I'm a bag addict! I recently bought what I think will be the perfect Disney bag.:banana: It's a LeSportSac Tokidoki, the style is Corriere and the pattern is Pirata. LeSportSac is no longer selling Tokidoki, but you can find them on eBay. This is a cross body style bag. http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a265/SuperMonkeyNumber4/DSC02821_edited-1.jpg

Belladonna
02-23-2008, 06:13 AM
I was just thinking about those tokidoki bags!

Now is that one for over the shoulder, or like a fanny pack?

I like the little fannypack ones that they have, but I'm not too sure if they are big enough to carry around the parks..?

I carried around a little jansport (mini) backpack last year and it seemed to be the perfect size for 2 bottles of water, my wallet, my camera, maps, and a few other little things.

loco4dis
02-23-2008, 10:25 AM
I've always used a backpack at the parks. I considered the Baggallini messenger bag, but I don't want something across my (fabulously generous) chest. I've been searching and searching for a new backpack to take. I like thinner straps (it's hot in June!), zipped pockets (no velcro/magnets, I mean helloooo, rob me), decent size but not HUGE. I'm mom, so I carry all the rain ponchos, water, snacks, sunscreen, etc. (Dad goes on the really scary rides). Anyhoo, I just ordered this:

http://www.ebags.com/ameribag/spiral_backpack/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=92885

I'll let you know when it arrives, but I'm feeling pretty good about it fitting my needs.:)

RMulieri
02-23-2008, 10:43 AM
I bought the Baggallini "only Bagg", I like a tote style bag..and this bag is to die for, and it doesn't slip off my shoulder either.:goodvibes

T. Lynn
02-23-2008, 11:18 AM
Here is an awesome backpack that I use at Knoebels.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0041254913469a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&No=18&noImage=0&Ntt=tote&Ntk=Products&QueryText=tote&Ntx=matchall&N=4887&Nty=1

cwestbrook
02-23-2008, 11:50 AM
[QUOTE=disalways;23360916]I just got back from my trip to WDW... I used my LL Bean Carryall Guide bag, and it was great! I loved the inside slots it had for all the park/key cards. It had a cell phone pocket. Two small outside edge pockets that held carmex, a tide stick, and a small small gel hand sanitizer. There is a larger outside zipper pocket that was perfect for my camera. The inside of the main compartment was large enough to hold sun tan lotion, a small umbrella and several other items. It is $19 and was perfect for my trip.

Just thought I would post this other option. It is much smaller than the messenger bag, but held a bunch of needed things.

I've been considering this bag so I'm glad to hear from someone who liked using it. The Donner and Baggallini are way bigger than I want to carry, especially when it's hot.

On their website, they don't show someone wearing it or other pictures of it. Does it have a big flap that covers the main compartment? I couldn't tell.

Thanks

jenn-n-okla
02-23-2008, 12:30 PM
We went last year and in AK my mother found a bag sililar to the Baggillini everyone is talking about. It is made of canvas. She has sprayed it down with water proof spray (like you use on tents) for this years trip. She has shoulder issues and this bag was not a "pain" for her.
I used a nice backpack from WDW to carry all the snacks,water bottles,wipes,sanitizer,and ponchos, but we had a stroller to lay it in so it I didn't have to actually carry it. I used a fanny pack (although they should call them belly packs) for my money and cards.
I too recommend opening all zippers, cases, etc before you get to the checkpoints at the gates.

Hensandchickens
02-23-2008, 01:34 PM
I was just thinking about those tokidoki bags!

Now is that one for over the shoulder, or like a fanny pack?

I like the little fannypack ones that they have, but I'm not too sure if they are big enough to carry around the parks..?

Mine is a cross body style, a long strap that goes over your head and across your shoulder. It sorta molds to your hip. I've heard the cross body style referred to as a "**** slicer". :rotfl: The fanny pack ones, Canguro, are super cute. I don't have one, but have been told they hold a cell phone (in the cell phone pocket), ID, a few credit cards, chap stick, small camera, MP3 player, and a few other small items. I don't think it will hold a bottle of water. I thought it would be cute for my son to wear at Disney, but he won't carry anything more than an iPod.

momamy
02-23-2008, 01:39 PM
I love my baggalini! i use it often. perfect for my camera cell wallet and things i need to carry for my 5 year old! :)

PinkTink63
02-23-2008, 08:12 PM
I'm a bag addict! I recently bought what I think will be the perfect Disney bag.:banana: It's a LeSportSac Tokidoki, the style is Corriere and the pattern is Pirata. LeSportSac is no longer selling Tokidoki, but you can find them on eBay. This is a cross body style bag. http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a265/SuperMonkeyNumber4/DSC02821_edited-1.jpg

I love this bag! Can you give the measurements of it?

Hensandchickens
02-24-2008, 08:42 AM
I love this bag! Can you give the measurements of it?

I measured across the front in the middle (it's an odd shape) 15"wideX9"highX5"deep. The pocket on the front is 9"X5".:flower3:

momtoBrandon&Jacob
02-24-2008, 08:45 AM
I just ordered the Baggallini last Friday on the advice of everyone on these boards. :goodvibes Can't wait!

dawgsgirl
02-24-2008, 07:45 PM
My last trip I used a boarding bag from REI. I was very pleased with it!

disalways
02-25-2008, 09:06 AM
[QUOTE=disalways;23360916]I just got back from my trip to WDW... I used my LL Bean Carryall Guide bag, and it was great! I loved the inside slots it had for all the park/key cards. It had a cell phone pocket. Two small outside edge pockets that held carmex, a tide stick, and a small small gel hand sanitizer. There is a larger outside zipper pocket that was perfect for my camera. The inside of the main compartment was large enough to hold sun tan lotion, a small umbrella and several other items. It is $19 and was perfect for my trip.

I've been considering this bag so I'm glad to hear from someone who liked using it. The Donner and Baggallini are way bigger than I want to carry, especially when it's hot.

On their website, they don't show someone wearing it or other pictures of it. Does it have a big flap that covers the main compartment? I couldn't tell.

Thanks

The bag has a big outer flap. The flap has a zipper pocket that was the perfect size for my camera. The flap attaches with a plastic clip/buckle thing on the bottom of the bag. When you lift the flap, you open to the outside of the main compartment. This has 4 card holder slots, a cell phone pocket that closes with velcro, simple pocket where I held my daily index cards and a zipper pocket where I placed my money. Then there is the main big compartment that has a two zipper opening which is deep. This is where I kept sun tan lotion, small umbrella, epipen, tylenol, band aids, wet wipes, tissues and so on. The back outside of the bag has a large simple pocket. This is where I kept my park maps.

I loved the bag. It could be worn across, or just like a regular purse. The strap is adjustable.

dypan
02-26-2008, 09:02 AM
We actually take our son's homework backpack on wheels and drag it behind us when walking and then lower it when standing in line. I can't tell you how many guests looked at us and said, "Now, that's a brilliant idea." as they were sweating bullets with something over their shoulders. It's not as pocket savvy, of course, but it sure does the job without breaking a sweat.

Just a thought.

ChristaDeVil
02-26-2008, 02:25 PM

Thanks for this code. I just bought a Baggallini, and the code still works!!!!

burberryplaid
02-26-2008, 03:08 PM
I'm all about the Overland Donner.

I love that it has pockets on the side to carry 2 bottles of water.
I love that I can sling it across my body. (I'm pooh sized so this is important)
I love that it has a zippered mesh pocket in front for my KTTW card, debit card, and any cash/change I have with me.
I love that is has a padded pocket under the flap for my cell phone

I carry my Passporter, band aids, burt's bees first aid ointment (similar in size to carmex..slightly bigger) bug spray, sunblock, cell phone, 2 bottles of water, advil/excedrin/immodium/pepto, tissues and a camera in it

southernbelle20
02-26-2008, 03:32 PM
Just got my baggallini today! Looks like it is going to be just what I need. Ordered the steele blue and I like it, but I really wanted the lime green. I was trying to be practial. Oh well I guess I can always use 2 of them.:flower3:

PinkTink63
02-26-2008, 03:58 PM
I measured across the front in the middle (it's an odd shape) 15"wideX9"highX5"deep. The pocket on the front is 9"X5".:flower3:

Thanks! It is so cute!

Bama mom to 3
02-26-2008, 04:31 PM
Okay, I think I am gonna break down and buy the Baggallini messanger. Now to decide... Khaki, Lime or pay a little extr and get spice.

Which do you all have...the Crinkle nylon or the Ripstop Nylon?

meister08
02-27-2008, 08:19 AM
I just wanted to say I got my Baggalini messenger on Monday---I thought the straps were a little on the short side for me--- I am 5ft6 and a size 18 ---I would've liked it to be able to extend another 2-3 inches--- I do love how it flips from front to back super easy & the size of the bag itself seems perfect--- for $19.30 I am overall happy with my purchase. Can't wait to use it.

ChristaDeVil
02-27-2008, 09:26 AM
Okay, I think I am gonna break down and buy the Baggallini messanger. Now to decide... Khaki, Lime or pay a little extr and get spice.

Which do you all have...the Crinkle nylon or the Ripstop Nylon?

I ordered the Ripstop, mainly because I'm super clumsy and accident prone. I haven't gotten mine yet, but I'm excited. I got mine in red, but I liked the spice color. I really wanted pink, but I know that DH would never even hold a pink bag if I needed him to! :)

surfergirl602
02-27-2008, 12:12 PM

The overland donner bag is EXCELLENT!!!:love:

samd54
02-27-2008, 01:49 PM
Does anyone have this bag or know if it would be big enough to hold the essentials?

jiggerj
02-27-2008, 03:05 PM
I just ordered this bag from ebags. Not too small and not too big for what I need.

eBags Terrace Shoulder Pouch (http://www.ebags.com/ebags/terrace_shoulder_pouch/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=94557)

Approx. only $20 including shipping. Comes in 6 different colors.:goodvibes

loco4dis
02-27-2008, 04:58 PM
OK, I just got this backpack in the mail today and said earlier on this thread I'd report on it. As I've said before, I'm a backpack girl. Here's some info. in case any of you are as well.

Here's the link:

http://www.ebags.com/ameribag/spiral_backpack/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=92885

It's an Ameribag backpack. It's really small, 10x13x5, which is what I wanted. It will be my purse on the plane and for the whole trip. It doesn't have bulky (and hot) padded straps. It has 2 main compartments. The large compartment has a deep pocket in the back that closes with a very tight velcro (good spot, I think, for a wallet). It also has a smaller zipper pocket big enough for a credit card, Key to the World, etc. For a size reference, I'd say the bigger compartment would fit 3 hardcover books with some room left over for a water bottle or two. The large compartment also has a padded back. The smaller compartment has a deep back pocket, two other pockets (one of which closes with a velcro strap, like for a cell phone), and a couple of pen pockets. There's also a key clip in the smaller front compartment. The actual front of the pack has a good size zipper pocket and a velcro pocket. For size reference, the smaller compartment would probably fit 1 hardcover book and a water bottle, in addition to whatever is stored in the pockets, with a little room left over. I got the Pacific Blue, which is mostly black with what I would describe as slate blue trim.

This backpack girl is pretty happy with this purchase. I love that it has all those pockets so I won't constantly be digging around for things. At the parks I usually carry water, camera, cell phone, those cheapo rain ponchos (for my family of 4), sunscreen, first aid stuff (aspirin, bandaids), Nintendo DS for my daughter to play in long lines, and money. I like to have a little room left over for souvies. This backpack will easily carry all of that with room left over, but it's really small and really cute.

Carry on you Baggallini people :)

phins_jazy
02-28-2008, 12:58 PM
Just ordered a bagallini from bagbuy thanks to this thread yesterday. It's already shipped and it's on it's way! Can't wait for it to get here. :thumbsup2

cwestbrook
02-28-2008, 09:24 PM
I just ordered this bag from ebags. Not too small and not too big for what I need.

eBags Terrace Shoulder Pouch (http://www.ebags.com/ebags/terrace_shoulder_pouch/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=94557)

Approx. only $20 including shipping. Comes in 6 different colors.:goodvibes

They also have a medium and large size of the same bag. I just got the medium size, called the Piazza, and really like it-- TONS of pockets.

Chedstro
03-01-2008, 10:33 PM
I just ordered the ebag Terrace Shoulder Bag in blue, so pretty! I have a bag similar to the Bagallini that I got from the Animal Kingdom Park and I love it! But it is a bit smaller than the Bagallini and I am really trying to downsize :rotfl2: So hopefully with a smaller wallet, the Terrace will be great for days when I want to "go light"

Since we only live about 20 minutes from WDW I don't need to carry as much as most of you. This has been a very interesting discussion and thanks to you all for your suggestions. Nobody like the Dis for help!:thumbsup2

wezee
03-02-2008, 08:09 AM
Just ordered the Terrace Shoulder Bag at ebags...thanks for the tip. I already got the baggilinni and will take both on our next WDW trip....so I can switch off depending on the amount of junk I need on any given day.

I love the great tips from all you awesome Disers!!!

tmonferdini
03-02-2008, 09:53 AM
I ordered the overland donner bag for our trip in June and took it on a "test drive" yesterday to the mall with DD13. I HATE it!! The strap constantly rode up my shoulder to my neck when I wore it across my body. I tried moving the "purse" part in front, on my side, and behind me; it didn't matter. Within just a few more steps, the strap was rubbing my neck again. Guess I'll stick with my baggallini and/or fanny pack.

loco4dis
03-02-2008, 10:22 AM
I ordered the overland donner bag for our trip in June and took it on a "test drive" yesterday to the mall with DD13. I HATE it!! The strap constantly rode up my shoulder to my neck when I wore it across my body. I tried moving the "purse" part in front, on my side, and behind me; it didn't matter. Within just a few more steps, the strap was rubbing my neck again. Guess I'll stick with my baggallini and/or fanny pack.

That is exactly why I prefer a small backpack. Can't stand that rubbing in the neck area of shoulder bags.

racheljessicasara
03-03-2008, 08:14 PM
That is exactly why I prefer a small backpack. Can't stand that rubbing in the neck area of shoulder bags.

LOVE my baggelini!!!! Have been here in the World since Saturday. Did 2 days, 3 parks and I LOVE the bag! I an wear it cross chest or just slung over one shoulder ad it does not fall off. It's the PERFECT size for all I needed to carry!

Tomorrow baggelini and I conquer EPCOT!

baileygirlsmom
03-05-2008, 10:03 AM
Just ordered this bag from bagsbuy with the code I got off of this thread and 10% for registering, my total $17.05, outstanding:cool1: :

Baggallini WBS107 Wallet Bagg in khaki, rip stop nylon

CinRell
03-05-2008, 10:29 AM
I got a disney bag/backpack about 8 or so years ago from disneyshopping.com and it's my "official disney bag".. it's big enough to hold pretty much everything.. comfy on my back.. not TOO big.. cute.. and has mickey on it:)

I keep everything seperated in it with ziplocks (kleenex, makeup, hand sanitizer, film, etc etc...

The Lion King
03-05-2008, 10:46 AM
My baggallini arrived yesterday. I think I am going to like it. I love all of the pockets/compartments. Can't wait to start filling it up-only 17 more days till we leave.

CinRell
03-05-2008, 10:47 AM

Uh oh I didn't even think of this. I just ordered a beige one (I know.. boring LOL. I'll "decorate" it.

I'm .. ahem.. busty. and also your size... does the strap adjust???

sundayschild
03-05-2008, 10:49 AM
They also have a medium and large size of the same bag. I just got the medium size, called the Piazza, and really like it-- TONS of pockets.

i just got my piazza in the mail and LOVE it! it's going to be perfect for the april trip :)

dibey
03-05-2008, 01:26 PM
I am looking for a new bag for our Disney trip in May, and I would prefer a backpack over a messenger bag. Has anyone tried the Baggallini Urban backpack? I love the idea that you can use it as backpack or as a sling bag.

samd54
03-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Hi all,

I went into my local CAA store the other day, and to my surprise, they sell the Baggalini (spelling?) bags and Ameribags that everyone is talking about. Perhaps you should check your local AAA or CAA stores too!!

Good luck:cloud9:

cole6179
03-05-2008, 08:12 PM
The 'save10' code still works at shoebuy.com as of tonight! Whoo hoo! Also, if you use ebates, you can get 8% back. :cool1:

I ordered a purple bag tonight.

Millie12591
03-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Would someone have a picture of themselves with their bag on? I need perspective on how truly big it is and if it will fit everything I'm wanting to put into it. I don't need one up close if your worried about that, if your standing in a picture not really close to the camera would be great. I'm such an 80's girl, I like me big bags! :lovestruc but I plan on being in the park this time a much liter person, personally and bag wise. :yay:
I'm on my way to losing a 100 lb. :scared: and know that I will probably look pretty silly if I use my huge back pack that I used last time. I realized I just don't need something that big this time. I would sure appreciate it.:flower3:

MommyBuzz909
03-07-2008, 08:53 PM
I said in an earlier post, check out your local Army/Navy store. They have AWESOME stuff! Also, check out REI in store and online. Awesome stuff there too!!!

Millie12591
03-07-2008, 09:07 PM
I am looking for a new bag for our Disney trip in May, and I would prefer a backpack over a messenger bag. Has anyone tried the Baggallini Urban backpack? I love the idea that you can use it as backpack or as a sling bag.

Ditto. I thought they were really cute. I just don't know how big they are, I don't do dementions, I need to see a picture of it on someone. I'm goofy that way.

Millie12591
03-07-2008, 09:31 PM
I was wondering what type of bag to take to WDW, was planning on a backpack, but the baggallini sound much better. So, can you NOT take your bag on rides? Not the roller coasters, but moreso the kids type rides? What are the rules for this?:confused3

It didn't look like anyone really addressed your question. ;)

You can take your bag on any ride. Some rides have a mesh type pocket to place your bag in, such as Soarin there will be a place beneth the seat, I think the Dinosaurs ride has a place to put your bag in, I would say any time there is a place to put your bag in the spot they offer I would (or at least a ride that seems a little on the crazy side) place it there. Just don't forget to get your bag when you get off. Now after saying all that, if you have a bag that is like a messenger style and you can keep it on you then do so if it's not in your way or the person next to you. ;) Truly, you'll know what to do, it's pretty easy to follow along with what's, what. :)

Millie12591
03-07-2008, 09:56 PM
We actually take our son's homework backpack on wheels and drag it behind us when walking and then lower it when standing in line. I can't tell you how many guests looked at us and said, "Now, that's a brilliant idea." as they were sweating bullets with something over their shoulders. It's not as pocket savvy, of course, but it sure does the job without breaking a sweat.

Just a thought.

I'm suprised you were allowed to use that kind of bag in the park. When we were in DL about six years ago I had one and the CM's came up and made me carry it like a real backpack because it's such a risk to others when walking in the park. It's something that people can trip over easily because no one is thinking they need to look down to see if there is something in the way of walking. :eek: I had no idea that I would have tripped anyone, I felt really silly, it made sense, I can't tell you how many times I've almost tripped over one in my dd school since then. LOL

macmickey
03-08-2008, 02:42 PM
I use the Baggallini Urban Backpack and like it a lot. I used mine in WDW last September and I liked it so much I bought one for my young adult daughter to use when we go again in May. I have black and my DD has purple. We also have matching roll-up jewelry/toiletry cases and a travel tote that folds and zips up fairly small to throw in the suitcase and open up to bring home whatever we purchase while on vacations. All in Rip Stop Nylon

I have to warn you, the Urban Backpack IS small ... more importantly, it's very THIN. That's what we were looking for though ... neither of us are very big. I didn't want to drag around a lot of stuff, and I didn't want a lot of bulk on my back, AND I wanted my hands free. I looked a long time before I found something that fit my needs.

If you want to see a picture of it on someone, try going to eBags. That's where I bought ours. They have the option to see different shots of the bag, including on someone. You can see by the picture how you can zip up the straps to sling it over one shoulder as well. I liked to unzip the straps and wear it like a backpack, but it's nice to have the option. It was so light (depending on how much you stuff in it), that I hardly knew it was there.

It also has a zip pocket on the front and a zip pocket on the back (against your back when it's on), which I liked. (felt safer for important things)

Like I said, I really like it, but I have no small children to carry things for and I keep things to a minimum. For me, it's perfect. YMMV

HTH

Millie12591
03-08-2008, 06:20 PM
I just wanted to let anyone who is looking on here and hasn't bought a bag yet, the save10 code still works!

I just bought my dd8 and myself one today, dd8 wanted the turquoise (hope she still wants it when we go) and I ordered the purple one, I had a hard time deciding between that one and the pink one, I'm more of a pink girl when it comes to the colors I wear,:lovestruc but thought the purple would be more practicle because it's darker (well and besides it's my favorite color). :upsidedow They're purrtier than a new set of snow tires!:love:

I realized after ordering and agonizing over color (thank you God that's all I'm worrying about right now) that there is free returns so if I get it and it's not what I want or later there's a different color I might like better then no big deal I can return it.

Oh! I wanted everyone to know, since there's no shipping and no taxes, when you order and if you want more than one bag (I just found out) do two orders, your not out any more money but you will save at least $20 over all if you do it that way! :love:

I placed the first order and used the save10 code, I registered and got an additional 2.15 off, and thought well at least on the second I will be for certain to save $10 on the next even if they don't give me the registering discount, but found out you'll still get the registering discount as well! :yay: so $28.60 is what I paid for both bags.

Can't beat that with a stick!

Grumpy23
03-08-2008, 07:28 PM
i just got my piazza in the mail and LOVE it! it's going to be perfect for the april trip :)

I also ordered the Piazza about a month ago, but I wasn't intending it to be a Florida bag, just an everyday bag. I liked it so much, I just ordered another in a lighter color (ocean) to take to WDW for my April trip.

After buying just about every bag in the past(baggallini, overland donner, ameribag, etc.) I think I finally found the perfect bag....for me. I also have a camelbak hydro backpack for those long hot days in the parks, but for general short trips to the parks and running around in general, the piazza is going to work perfect for me.

Chedstro
03-08-2008, 10:36 PM
My ebags Terrace pouch came a couple of days ago, and I love it! I already have a bag similar to the Bagallini that I got from the Animal Kingdom. It is a bit smaller, but a good size for us without kids.

For long days in the parks I will continue to use the Animal Kingdom across the body bag. But for short evenings and afternoons the Terrace pouch is perfect!

I can carry my small wallet, cell, palm pilot, camera (Cannon SD750), keys, small comb and pill container, and a folded ziplock bag for it all in case of a downpour, rofl.

I got the "Ocean" blue color, it is just so darned cute!

lizzyb
03-09-2008, 10:28 AM
Would someone have a picture of themselves with their bag on? I need perspective on how truly big it is and if it will fit everything I'm wanting to put into it. I don't need one up close if your worried about that, if your standing in a picture not really close to the camera would be great. I'm such an 80's girl, I like me big bags! :lovestruc but I plan on being in the park this time a much liter person, personally and bag wise. :yay:
I'm on my way to losing a 100 lb. :scared: and know that I will probably look pretty silly if I use my huge back pack that I used last time. I realized I just don't need something that big this time. I would sure appreciate it.:flower3:

Ditto!

irky416
03-09-2008, 03:20 PM
I asked to see pics of the Baggalini the other day and a few people posted pics. Here's the link to the thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1723241

hthrbells
03-09-2008, 03:33 PM
Loved our Overland Donner. Used it this past Dec in WDW with my two DS's 3 and 1 and a half and it worked out great!! I have to say I am not a mom who packs for every possible disaster. I had a change of clothes for each and a few diapers for our one and a half year old. Small sunblock and a sippy cup or one of the mickey straws that attaches to the water bottles that you buy in the park. There was also a spot for tickets and lipstick and sunglasses for me. DH had a spot for his wallet. Only 19 months till our next trip!!!! Have fun!!!

lizzyb
03-09-2008, 08:34 PM
I asked to see pics of the Baggalini the other day and a few people posted pics. Here's the link to the thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1723241

Thank you!

lizzyb
03-10-2008, 06:52 AM
Has anyone from Canada ordered the bag?

wezee
03-10-2008, 03:04 PM
I think I am all set for our next trip....in the last 2 weeks I have ordered and rec'd the great priced baggillini and the smaller ebags Terrace shoulder bag.

I will use the baggillini for daytime and the terrace shoulder for nightime (dinner ADRs)

Thanks to all of you for the great tips.

Bama mom to 3
03-13-2008, 12:40 PM
Well I broke down and ordered the Spice Baggallini. I decided it would definitely get used again. I ave a ladies conference in June and thought it would be perfect to carry my water bottle and my bible and a small notebook in it. As well as my billfold and cell phone as well as anything else I migt need. Now I can't wait until it arrives :)

auntie k
03-13-2008, 02:41 PM
I ordered the Baggallini Messenger Bag....but I don't think that will work for me...I found it bulky and cumbersome....so I'm sending mine back.

The buckles messed it up for me....

tkoran
03-13-2008, 04:03 PM
I was thinking about getting a Baggallini, but they look huge! Don't they get heavy and get in the way when on rides?

northwenald
03-14-2008, 07:42 AM

I have this bag and I do like it. The only thing with me was that it was a little too small for all my stuff. I do have to put a lot in there because I am a diabetic so I have a testing machine and snacks that I carry. I think it is plenty big enough for the basic stuff. I am going to try to use it again because I really do like it. It was very comfortable.:banana: :banana: :banana:

wezee
03-14-2008, 09:33 AM
One of the girls I work with showed me her Baggillini large wallet bag.....and said how much she loved it. It is smaller than the messenger bag I bought, and I really like to way the straps are rmovanle/convertable for shoulder or waist. My DH will kill me if I order another bag, since I just rec'd 2 in the last 2 weeks. Does anyone have the large wallet, and if so how do you like it??? thanks

KorieDWnut
03-14-2008, 09:46 AM
The bag I am taliking about is the Women's Baggallini Messenger Bag. I bought it from Shoebuy.com. It is still available in many colors and sell for $31.45 with free shipping. You can throw it in the wash too!

You can also check on Ebay. I got my Baggalini (from Disboards recommondations!) on Ebay, brand new with tags for 19.99 and 5 dollars shipping. I got the pink nylon one and it is my favorite bag ever.

MontanaZoo
03-14-2008, 10:53 PM
My niece and I just got back and we had Timbuk2 Metro Messenger bags. Really worked well, never got in the way, I didn't even take it off for rides (even Everest). It's small enough to not be cumbersome yet it fit everything I needed (and I carry a lot of photo equipment). Plus you can wear it in the front or back. Definitely would recommend the strap pad if you hang your water bottles off of your bag like we do.

Va-bear
03-16-2008, 08:31 AM

I've only read up to page 3 of this thread; plan to read it all. But, so far, havent seen anyone specifically mention the bag you asked about. I have the Croc sling bag and :love: it!!!! I actually like it much better than my Baggallini bag, which I used on our last trip of 10 days. The Croc bag sits on my back better - seems more "ergonomic" (which is a big concern to me - I have a congenital birth defect of my spine and having a balanced, lightweight, etc. pack is really improtant to me.) The weight was evenly distrubuted across my back instead of bunching up at the bottom like my Baggallini did. The Croc bag also is easier to take on and off to me. The Baggallini was very nice though; liked the way it held a lot w/out being "too big".

The only negative of the Croc, for some, is a postive for me - the Croc doesn't have an outside water bottle holder, you have to put the bottle inside the bag compartment (but I do this anyway so it can lay flat across the bottom - to distribute the weight evenly)...but for many that would be a bad thing - quick water access is FL is a big thing!:thumbsup2

So that is my "bad back" point of view for you.:) Whatever you pick I hope you enjoy it and it works well for you!!

editing to add that I am 5'11" tall and that may have influenced how the Baggallini bag didnt "ride well" on me and why the Croc falls better on me....:confused3

Disney owl
03-16-2008, 10:40 AM
fanny pack/ bum bag as they don't need to be removed for the rides

Millie12591
03-17-2008, 07:01 AM
My daughters and my baggalinni's came last week! Yippee!:cool1:

I love them! My dd's bag is sooo cute, she loves that it's blue, Little Mermaid blue, and mine is the purple one. I truly looooove purple and let me tell you, It Is PURPLE! :lovestruc :upsidedow
My LGMH will show up really well hanging off of this bag!
My Lime Green Mickey Head (incase you all don't know what I was talking about) is already made since the last time we went, I will probably have to re-make a few of them for the additional party members coming on this trip, aaaand my dd's new bag!
I hope you all love your bags you end up with, and btw for those who are pooh shaped like me, I'm pretty over weight (not for much longer, I've lost six lb. already) and it fit just fine, so no worries there. My daughter is the size of about a young tween and it was just fine for her also, so there is the gamet of size it will fit!
Hope that helps anyone out there looking.

Snoella
03-17-2008, 03:04 PM
:woohoo: I just ordered my Baggallini today after reading all positive talk in this thread.
I ordered the Plum Crinkle messenger bag MES160C from Bagsbuy with the Save10 code and 10% off for registering.
My total came to $26.05, a little higher than the rip-stop messenger bag, but there were some different color choices.

I just keep buying because it makes it feel like our trip is getting closer :yay:

bluefairy21
03-19-2008, 11:00 AM
I bought a Baggalini messenger bag in 2006 for my last trip on recommendations here. While I had some complaints- (straps slipping, hurting back ) I have used it as a daily bag for a year and a half.

It is starting to really fall apart now and I am looking for a slightly more stylish replacement. I found this Reign Vermont Rambler bag, which is bigger than their day purse. It can be ordered in a lot of different fabrics. It is higher priced than I wanted, but if I use it everday it would be fine. Does anyone have this bag? Any opinions?

http://http://www.reignvermont.com/collection.html

disneyfan89
03-20-2008, 08:03 AM
I'm going to WDW for the first time in june! :woohoo: I'm going to be going with my boyfriend, his older brother, and his brother's friend. I wanted to know what are some of your opinions for a bag that isn't overly big, but is water resistant and I would be able to fit it on the ride with me. Any help would be great, since i have no idea what to expect when I get there.

Aliceacc
03-20-2008, 08:17 AM
I'm going to WDW for the first time in june! :woohoo: I'm going to be going with my boyfriend, his older brother, and his brother's friend. I wanted to know what are some of your opinions for a bag that isn't overly big, but is water resistant and I would be able to fit it on the ride with me. Any help would be great, since i have no idea what to expect when I get there.

As so many others here have said, I think I'm going to love my baggalini!

But get it in a non-girly color so the guys can help carry it!!

Snoella
03-20-2008, 09:22 AM
I will let you know after I get the Baggallini i ordered.
It is supposed to arrive next week.

Dawn68PA
03-20-2008, 09:38 AM
I have a waterproof mini-backpack that is utter perfection. :goodvibes

Mocharilla
03-20-2008, 09:44 AM
I ordered mine! It should be here soon! $19.50 and free shipping!! :thumbsup2

I got it in Khaki. I figure that is in the middle enough for me or Nic to use it. I'll also be using it as a day-to-day bag before our trips! :)

grimgrningghost
03-20-2008, 10:02 AM

do you have a link to the one you have? I have a baggallini messenger but the sling style just isn't comfortable to me. I am looking for something similar to a baggallini but in a backpack style.

loco4dis
03-20-2008, 08:30 PM

What kind is it?

Bama mom to 3
03-20-2008, 09:15 PM
My baggillini came today. I got the Crinkled Nylon in Spice. AWESOME! I love the color, and love the size. I put it on and its sooooo comfy!

Noreen411
03-21-2008, 12:31 PM
Hi

In the past I've used my Disney Tote type bag that I bought at World of Disney a few years ago. It's a great bag, big enough to hold all the junk I want to carry. I like to carry a bag on my shoulder rather than a backpack. The only thing I don't like is that there is an outside zipper as well as the zipper on the top but I find that I'm always looking for my little wallet or other little things that fall to the bottom of the bag. If there was an inside zipper where I could put the little wallet it would probably be the perfect bag.

I found the Kipling Lancelot Bag in Macy's and bought it hoping I'll like it for our next Disney Trip. It's smaller than my Disney Tote. But it has lots of pockets and hopefully things won't get lost in it. Has anyone ever tried it? I saw it on Ebags just now so will try to attach the link so you can see what it looks like.

http://www.ebags.com/kipling/lancelot_snap_front_shoulder_bag/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=12140

I got the one in Black, but the little circle design isn't beige, it's black too. The woman at Macy's told me the newer ones have the solid color circle design.

I like to see bags in person and I haven't found somewhere that sold the Baggallini's yet to see them.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Noreen

Happyathome
03-21-2008, 05:41 PM
I ordered my baggalini tonight! Thanks for the advice!

You all talk about planning ahead so early...we're not going until JANUARY 2009!! I'm just a little excited!!:rotfl2:

I can't wait until we can go back! I just love that place!!!:lovestruc

Emme
03-21-2008, 08:40 PM
Just went and bought the Vera Bradley lg. hipster...WOW~! I LOVE IT! I got the Raspberry Fizz color, soooo pretty yet soooo practical.

It feels wonderful, looks amazing and can definately hold my water bottle and all those little extras. It really was just perfect for me! It has a ton of matching accessories if you're into that;) as well. Thank you to the poster who suggested the Vera Bradley :hug: ...

Here is a pic of it, but I bought mine at a local store not online...

http://www.verabradley.com/Site/Store/ProductDetail.aspx?Sku=127&

disneyfan89
03-21-2008, 11:27 PM
I looked at the link for the vera bradley and I think it would be the perfect size for me, but i was wondering what kind of fabric it is made out of.

I couldn't find it anywhere in the link, thanks for posting about this bag because all i keep hearing about is the baggallini and i would like to know what other options there are other than that brand. ::yes::

Hensandchickens
03-22-2008, 01:29 AM
Just went and bought the Vera Bradley lg. hipster...WOW~! I LOVE IT! I got the Raspberry Fizz color, soooo pretty yet soooo practical.

It feels wonderful, looks amazing and can definately hold my water bottle and all those little extras. It really was just perfect for me! It has a ton of matching accessories if you're into that;) as well. Thank you to the poster who suggested the Vera Bradley :hug: ...

Here is a pic of it, but I bought mine at a local store not online...

http://www.verabradley.com/Site/Store/ProductDetail.aspx?Sku=127&
I love your bag! That is super cute. :cutie: It's nice to see other options.

bluefairy21
03-24-2008, 10:00 AM
Oops, my link didn't work. If anyone has this bag and could let me know what they think, that would great. Maybe a more stylish alternative to my falling apart Baggalini?

It's the Rambler.
http://www.reignvermont.com/collection.html

http://www.reignvermont.com/lgrambler.jpg

Wtinsler
03-25-2008, 07:19 AM

I am going in May so I was looking for a bag as well this looks like it will be perfect. I just ordered one the code still works mine was $26.05. Thanks for the info!:banana:

poohfriend
03-25-2008, 04:29 PM
really liked the baggallini messenger.

i used the drink holder less than I thought I would....

I'm not a super-organized person, but didn't find the pockets to be "too much" at all.

felt like my stuff was secure. loved the hidden pocket on the strap. perfect size...big enough but not cumbersome.

example of what my bag held:

5 rain ponchos ($1 store type)
park map
wallet
3 autograph books
larger digital camers (cannon a-series)
car keys on the key fob
cell phone in the cell phone side-pocket
water bottle in drink pocket
band aids/ tylenol
4 sharpies
stick of sunscreen
a couple ziplocks (which occassionally had a cookie or two in them!)

the bag was never stuffed. but the camera did make it heavier. by the end of the trip, I was glad to have DH take the camera.

the only draw back was the strap rubbed on my neck..never left a mark, just wish it was softer. I managed it by sometimes pulling the strap out from my chest with one hand. Also not the several folks that siad the strap did not stay at one length. I changed mine back and forth from wearing on the hip to back...but if I'd wanted it to be stay at the same length, it would have been hard to keep at the desired place.

Very pleased with my $20 investment. will use this bag for other things too!

rusafee1183
03-25-2008, 08:47 PM
Here is the link for the one I bought. After the $10 discount and the $2.00 you save by registering with them, it comes to $19.30. Hope the code still works! :wizard:

http://www.bagsbuy.com/baggallini-mes160-messenger-bagg/121602

I just bought my bagallini (red)!!! :woohoo: i'm so excited! i'm sooo turning into "that guy" my bagallini should arrive just a few days after my crocs hahaha:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

vellamint
03-25-2008, 09:26 PM
I recently purchased the Overland Pacer bag (a lime green color) and I love it. Just the right size for everyday stuff and it keeps me soooo organized - very comfortable too. PLUS I sewed a "Disneyworld" patch onto the front of it.

Last week I bought the next size up - the Overland Donner (a berry color) and am hoping that the center compartment will be large enough to hold my larger size digital camera for vacation. AND I have an individual patch for each major Florida park that I think will fit PERFECTLY on the front.

I KNEW when I saw that pack of patches in the gift shop they would come in handy for something.......

thomasclan85
03-26-2008, 10:45 AM

Thanks for the code. :thumbsup2 I ordered my very first Baggillini today. It's lime green.:) :) Guess fellow Disners will see me. :)It's lightweight and waterproof. Just what I wanted. The code's still good and with the free shipping and a discount for registering (-$2.15) it also only costed $19.30. :love: it!

Wanna see it?

Go here: http://www.bagsbuy.com/sb/s.jsp?Style=121602

thomasclan85
03-26-2008, 10:51 AM
I just bought my bagallini (red)!!! :woohoo: i'm so excited! i'm sooo turning into "that guy" my bagallini should arrive just a few days after my crocs hahaha:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I got one of these too only I got the lime green one. :yay:

thomasclan85
03-26-2008, 10:54 AM
Here's the one I ordered.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj109/thomasclan85/LIMEGREENBAGGALINI.jpg

KerriL
03-26-2008, 11:53 AM
I needed a new waist pack..yes dorky, but it's the only bag I can carry. I had a mini diaper bag waist pack from Land's End that I got years ago and I use it at WDW every trip. I love it but I need a new one. Can't stand anything on my back or shoulders. I really wanted to give the Baggalini messenger bag a try, but I found this one instead. I got it in black and the code($10.00 off) was still good:cool1: And also registered on their site for an additional 10% off.:)
http://www.bagsbuy.com/eagle-creek-mini-sidekick/146439/339344

Kerri

eam
03-26-2008, 12:25 PM
I needed a new waist pack..yes dorky, but it's the only bag I can carry. I had a mini diaper bag waist pack from Land's End that I got years ago and I use it at WDW every trip. I love it but I need a new one. Can't stand anything on my back or shoulders. I really wanted to give the Baggalini messenger bag a try, but I found this one instead. I got it in black and the code($10.00 off) was still good:cool1: And also registered on their site for an additional 10% off.:)

Kerri

How did you receive a $10 off code?

Oops! SAVE10 -- that is the code!!! :woohoo:

Ordered mine in Lime Green for $19.30 :yay:

hjones0804
03-26-2008, 07:13 PM
For those purchasing the Baggallini Messenger bag: for some reason there are two different listings for what looks like the same bag, with two different prices. The cheaper one has the item number MES160, and the more expensive one has the number MES160E. I can't seem to find a difference other than the contrasing color inside. Otherwise, the bag has the same pockets, dimensions, and mostly the same colors. I just purchased the MES160 with the $10 promo code and 10% sign-up promo for $19.30 and no shipping.

My point is (unless there is some difference I don't know about) is to scroll down for ALL baggalini bags. I found the cheaper one on the last page.

sajilunni
03-26-2008, 08:31 PM
I just bought THE most perfect bag for myself. I'm totally not a purse girl (haven't had one since high school) but I found the diaper bag I use occasionally to be too glaringly "Diaper Bag". My youngest is now 2 and I no longer need a diaper bag, but she's still on a sippy cup (actually 2-- one for milk and one for juice) which I have to cart around when her majesty can't be bothered holding it anymore;) . When we're at the airport it especially gets rough with all the stuff and children we need. This bag from the solutions catalog does not look like a diaper bag at all, it looks like a real-life grown-up purse, but it holds two sippy cups! And best of all, when I'm too harried to have it slung over my cool shoulder, it instantly converts into a backpack. I got the one in leather, which they don't seem to be carrying anymore, but the nylon one looks neat too.
80611.jpg

http://www.solutions.com/jump.jsp?itemType=PRODUCT&itemID=9657

Jil

Atotty
03-26-2008, 08:55 PM
For those purchasing the Baggallini Messenger bag: for some reason there are two different listings for what looks like the same bag, with two different prices. The cheaper one has the item number MES160, and the more expensive one has the number MES160E. I can't seem to find a difference other than the contrasing color inside. Otherwise, the bag has the same pockets, dimensions, and mostly the same colors. I just purchased the MES160 with the $10 promo code and 10% sign-up promo for $19.30 and no shipping.

My point is (unless there is some difference I don't know about) is to scroll down for ALL baggalini bags. I found the cheaper one on the last page.

I see the 160 and the 160C. The prices are different because they're made from different fabrics.

:)

thomasclan85
03-27-2008, 06:27 AM

Kerri

Ooooooooh I like this one too. If I hadn't already ordered one, I'd get this one.

KerriL
03-27-2008, 09:47 AM
Ooooooooh I like this one too. If I hadn't already ordered one, I'd get this one.

It is almost exactly the same as my previous Land's End bag. It is the perfect size for what I carry in the parks on a daily basis: wallet, camera, small tube sunscreen, cell phone, lipgloss, bandaids, etc. I thought about getting the regular instead of the mini, but there was not a huge difference in size. I still won't be able to fit the camcorder, rain ponchos or water bottles in it, as those were in another bag in the stroller. I don't think my daughter will need the stroller this summer, so I'm not sure what to do about that yet. I should make everybody carry their own stuff....I end up being the pack mule;)
Kerri

amyj1024
03-29-2008, 11:36 AM
I am reading all these great things about the Baggalini, and tempted to get it. My concern is that I will be traveling with a 1 year old and a 5 year old. Is this bag big enough for diapers, wipes, sippy cup---all that kind of stuff that I will need to carry with me...in addition to my camera, wallet, autograph book, etc. It's hard to tell from the photos online.

Happyathome
03-29-2008, 12:17 PM
I just got my Baggalinni yesterday...it's really pretty (I ordered the purple:thumbsup2 ) I spent a few moments in anxiety because it's smaller than I had envisioned. DH was quick to point out that I shouldn't have to carry as much as I did last time, which was a TON! I literally hit people behind me when I turned around or when I went to take off my bag. (I bought a large backpack for the last time, which held all the usual, in addition to everyone's jackets.) It was very heavy, and this time, I decided not to be the pack mule, and just carry what will fit in the bag. We'll deal with the jacket issue when we get there. (rent locker, etc) It is nice and organized...I hope to pack it efficiently so I don't waste time digging through looking for something.

If you're travelling with a little one, I don't think this will be big enough for all the baby stuff. I guess it depends on how many diapers etc. you're needing for the day, but I'd say get something bigger, esp. if you're planning on keeping everything in one bag.

I think it'll be perfect to wear in the park, though. Are you bringing a stroller? Can the diapers, etc. all go in there?

amyj1024
03-29-2008, 01:23 PM
yes, we are bringing a stroller, and I would think about toting around 3-4 diapers a day, but I was also thinking about extra clothes too. So I am thinking I will need a larger bag. Anyone with suggestions feel free! I like the whole sling style bag, but I'm thinking that I need one that's a little bigger. Thanks for posting your opinion...it was much appreciated.

missesdisney
03-29-2008, 03:50 PM
yes, we are bringing a stroller, and I would think about toting around 3-4 diapers a day, but I was also thinking about extra clothes too. So I am thinking I will need a larger bag. Anyone with suggestions feel free! I like the whole sling style bag, but I'm thinking that I need one that's a little bigger. Thanks for posting your opinion...it was much appreciated.

Does your stroller have a basket? What we did when our son was little was we had a plastic bag (usually a disney one) with a change of clothes that we didn't care much about (plain tshirt and shorts) and a few diapers and other things we needed with us but didn't necessarily need to walk in and out of rides with. So then you could use a smaller bag and keep things in the stroller. We still do this with the maclaren and jackets, snacks etc. I keep only what I want on my at all times in my bag (and it is still heavy and full).

Maria

Millie12591
03-29-2008, 05:38 PM
I'm so excited! I received another baggallini in the mail! I told my mom about the one's I ordered for myself and my daughter and she wanted one too! She had me order one for her and my niece, so now I've seen them in the turquoise, purple, hot pink, and periwinkle! (hope I spelled them all right) LOL They are so cute! My mom hasn't even seen hers yet and wants me to order her one in the lime green. LOL I'm thrilled with the colors and the quality! There's plenty of room for those wanting to be pack-rat free. ;) Although I have to say if you only carrying things for one's self this is THE bag to have, but if you need to carry for little kiddos and for everyone else, this is not the bag for you. That is unless you can get away with just a couple of diapers and some wipes, if you can do just that then this is the bag! I love, love, love the colors, the computer pictures just don't do them justice. They are much more vivid in person. You won't regret having this bag! Happy bag hunting!

KerryW
03-30-2008, 05:54 PM
I just got my Baggalinni in the mail a couple days ago, and agree that it's smaller than I thought it would be. But I'm really hoping to limit the amount of stuff I carry, even with an 11-month-old. So I put in my "bare necessities", and they all seemed to fit. I included: four disposable diapers, travel package of wipes, tube of sunscreen, cell phone, camera, lip balm, sunglasses, baby T-shirt and pair of shorts in a gallon-size plastic bag. There was still a bit of room left over, which I'll probably fill with a small bag of cereal, a small bottle of Advil, maps, etc.

We're bringing a small umbrella stroller, and I'll have the baby's Maya Wrap sling in the little mesh bag that comes with the stroller. If I get tired of carrying the Baggalinni, it looks like I may be able to get away with hanging it over the stroller handles. (I'm not sure I can convince my husband to carry it, even thought I got it in black. Maybe my MIL will help).

I don't want to be the family pack mule, which is why I'm really not planning to bring anything specific for my almost-five-year-old. (Well, someone did give him a pair of pirate mouse ears today, so we'll at least take those to the MK).

Does it sound like I'm forgetting something in my packing plans? Also, for those of you who have mentioned using some sort of clip to keep the Baggalinni adjuster strap from moving - what exactly did you use?

amyj1024
03-30-2008, 06:16 PM
I just got my Baggalinni in the mail a couple days ago, and agree that it's smaller than I thought it would be. But I'm really hoping to limit the amount of stuff I carry, even with an 11-month-old. So I put in my "bare necessities", and they all seemed to fit. I included: four disposable diapers, travel package of wipes, tube of sunscreen, cell phone, camera, lip balm, sunglasses, baby T-shirt and pair of shorts in a gallon-size plastic bag. There was still a bit of room left over, which I'll probably fill with a small bag of cereal, a small bottle of Advil, maps, etc.

We're bringing a small umbrella stroller, and I'll have the baby's Maya Wrap sling in the little mesh bag that comes with the stroller. If I get tired of carrying the Baggalinni, it looks like I may be able to get away with hanging it over the stroller handles. (I'm not sure I can convince my husband to carry it, even thought I got it in black. Maybe my MIL will help).

I don't want to be the family pack mule, which is why I'm really not planning to bring anything specific for my almost-five-year-old. (Well, someone did give him a pair of pirate mouse ears today, so we'll at least take those to the MK).

Does it sound like I'm forgetting something in my packing plans? Also, for those of you who have mentioned using some sort of clip to keep the Baggalinni adjuster strap from moving - what exactly did you use?

Thanks Kerry-- I found your post very helpful. My kids are about the same age, maybe about 6 months older, and I want to carry as little as possible for my son, who will be 18 months when we go. That sounds about what I would carry for my crew

Millie12591
03-30-2008, 10:06 PM

Sounds good to me! You may want to pack a few bandaids and some alcohol wipes and some antibiotic cream in throw away packs, that way incase there's some accidents or blisters your all set! Don't know if you use mole skin or not, but it's always good to have it on hand if your family is prone to needing something like that. I know with little ones you never know what will happen. Your oldest is also hitting that age where he's going to peter out easier walking a lot, so you might consider a good pair of shoes for him to absorb the walking he'll be doing.

MamaOfTwoPrincesses
04-01-2008, 11:08 AM
The save10 code still works on bagsbuy.com.:thumbsup2

KerriL
04-01-2008, 04:27 PM
Just ordered the Baggalini too..I ordered the waist pack but decided it would'nt fit all the crap that we haul into the parks:lmao: I convinced DD17 to carry it around..she agreed as long as she could pick out the color. So we have a turquoise one coming;)
Kerri

Millie12591
04-01-2008, 06:07 PM
My mom looooved the baggallini's that I ordered for my daughter as I've said in a previous post, we ordered her one and my dn one, well she hasn't even seen the one's she's ordered and wants me to order her another one in lime green!! :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:
Folks! I think we have a true Diser in the making! She loved the color and wants to have it to use all the time. I'm ordering her one as soon as I'm done posting. Now we'll have almost one in every color in the family. LOL!

thomasclan85
04-02-2008, 09:26 AM
I'm so excited! I received another baggallini in the mail! I told my mom about the one's I ordered for myself and my daughter and she wanted one too! She had me order one for her and my niece, so now I've seen them in the turquoise, purple, hot pink, and periwinkle! (hope I spelled them all right) LOL They are so cute! My mom hasn't even seen hers yet and wants me to order her one in the lime green. LOL I'm thrilled with the colors and the quality! There's plenty of room for those wanting to be pack-rat free. ;) Although I have to say if you only carrying things for one's self this is THE bag to have, but if you need to carry for little kiddos and for everyone else, this is not the bag for you. That is unless you can get away with just a couple of diapers and some wipes, if you can do just that then this is the bag! I love, love, love the colors, the computer pictures just don't do them justice. They are much more vivid in person. You won't regret having this bag! Happy bag hunting!

The UPS man just delivered my baggallini! It's my very first one ever. It's lime green and I :love: :love: it!! It's the perfect size and very light weight. Just what I wanted. The color IS VIVID like you said. :love: it!

Millie12591
04-02-2008, 10:26 AM
The UPS man just delivered my baggallini! It's my very first one ever. It's lime green and I :love: :love: it!! It's the perfect size and very light weight. Just what I wanted. The color IS VIVID like you said. :love: it!

It's the little things, isn't it? :cloud9: :lovestruc
I'm so happy for you! he he :cheer2:
I can't wait to see the new one in lime green! I'm so happy you love yours.

Disney_rider
04-02-2008, 10:40 AM
Ohhh I love this thread I'm really struggling with what to carry with me.
I always carry Juicy Couture but it gets heavy and I really don't want to take my expensive bags with me. Is there anything you ladies have seen that look designer but if something happens to it I won't really care.
I'm at my ends on this:confused3
I would appricite some help

princess_disneymom
04-02-2008, 12:10 PM
I just purchased my PINK baggallini :banana: !!!
I can't wait. It was only $19.30. With the Save10 code and the 10% off if you register, you can't beat it!! Thanks for the tips!! Off to Disney this November!

DisneySouthernChick
04-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the advice, I just ordered a Red Baggallini and I can't wait to try it out! I had never heard of one before. This is just proof I'm not wasting time on the disboards:)

thomasclan85
04-02-2008, 02:18 PM
This isn't about purses/bags but I couldn't find where to post it. I figured someone here would know where to put it. I also put it on the budget board.

Does anyone subscribe to http://www.mybargainbuddy.com? This lady named Karen finds internet discounts. I've used several discount codes from her emailing and saved money. Today there's a 20% discount on shoes at http://www.shoebuy.com. They have Crocs for those who like them.:) I've already tried the code and it works on Crocs shoes. The code is ANNIVERSARY08. I guess the bagbuy and shoebuy websites are run by the same folks. Hope this is something ya'll can use.

EverythingDisney
04-02-2008, 03:14 PM
I am on the bagsbuy.com website.
There are a TON of bagallini's....
Which one is everyone ordering that is perfect for Disney ?

Thanks

JoanieS
04-02-2008, 03:19 PM

I have the crinkle nylon, they also come in ripstop nylon. They come in different colors on this site.

It's the Baggallini Messenger Bag MES160 or MES160C

Baggallini Bag (http://www.bagsbuy.com/baggallini-mes160c-messenger-bagg/121625)

EverythingDisney
04-02-2008, 06:00 PM
I have the crinkle nylon, they also come in ripstop nylon. They come in different colors on this site.

It's the Baggallini Messenger Bag MES160 or MES160C

Baggallini Bag (http://www.bagsbuy.com/baggallini-mes160c-messenger-bagg/121625)

Thank You for clarifying... I am off to place an order :)
I just ordered the purple ripstop nylon.

EverythingDisney
04-02-2008, 06:17 PM
I just purchased my PINK baggallini :banana: !!!
I can't wait. It was only $19.30. With the Save10 code and the 10% off if you register, you can't beat it!! Thanks for the tips!! Off to Disney this November!

I just ordered the purple bagallini.
Thank you for the heads up on the code and register tip !! I also got
my bag for $19.30 :thumbsup2

emmymom75
04-03-2008, 12:14 PM
I am soo confused, when I look at the baggalini on-line it looks huge! I am a small framed woman, would this bag be too big? Did anyone find it unmanageable. FYI I'm only 5 ft tall. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED! Thank you in advance!:wizard:

jenmd
04-03-2008, 12:44 PM
I always prefer a fanny pack. One of the fun parts of planning my trip to The World for me is the downsizing from my purse to my fanny pack. I dunno why, but that helps me get excited about my trip! I'm weird, I know. :) Also, instead of bringing my usual wallet, I've started using the Smart Money Clip Lite. It holds paper bills and about 6 cards. Plus, it's made of plastic and won't set off the metal detectors we go through when travelling. I liked travelling with mine so much, I've actually started using it all the time, too. Hope this helps! Check it out at www dot storus.com/site/products/smc_lite.html

cole6179
04-03-2008, 12:56 PM
I am soo confused, when I look at the baggalini on-line it looks huge! I am a small framed woman, would this bag be too big? Did anyone find it unmanageable. FYI I'm only 5 ft tall. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED! Thank you in advance!:wizard:

I'm about 5'4/115 and it fits me fine. The bag itself is about 13x10 inches. It doesn't take up my whole back. I haven't got to wear it out yet, but around the house it's fine. :)

Memaw2Wm
04-03-2008, 01:50 PM
Last week I bought the next size up - the Overland Donner (a berry color) and am hoping that the center compartment will be large enough to hold my larger size digital camera for vacation. .
I have the Donner and LOVED it for WDW. And my Canon DRebel (SLR) fit perfectly in the center compartment.

wezee
04-03-2008, 03:02 PM
I got my purple bagallinni a couple of weeks ago. When my DH say it ( with all the zippers and pockets) he said..."Won't it take you forever to get thru the bag check/security at the park gate" Anyone have any experience with this???:confused3

eam
04-03-2008, 03:23 PM
Just received my Lime Baggallini Messenger Bag MES160. Love it!! :love:

I think I will have to buy another color . . . :wave:

Cherbear013
04-03-2008, 05:37 PM
I used my OE Juno bag last year for our trip. I loved it! It was small enough it didn't get in the way yet I could hold my wallet, camera, maps and a drink. I just ordered the Bayliss and Astoria styles from Sierra Trading Post. They have amazing deals on them right now and I found a code for 15% off: AC38YY. Saved $47.50 and spent $45!! Great investment as they have a lifetime waranty. If anything breaks on the bag and you have the receipt just mail it to them and they'll replace it! :cool1:

vellamint
04-03-2008, 06:27 PM
I used my OE Juno bag last year for our trip. I loved it! It was small enough it didn't get in the way yet I could hold my wallet, camera, maps and a drink. I just ordered the Bayliss and Astoria styles from Sierra Trading Post. They have amazing deals on them right now and I found a code for 15% off: AC38YY. Saved $47.50 and spent $45!! Great investment as they have a lifetime waranty. If anything breaks on the bag and you have the receipt just mail it to them and they'll replace it! :cool1:

Okay - this warranty is for the Overland bags? Because I am currently using a Pacer and just ordered/received the Donner.....Lifetime warranty?

Thanks

emmymom75
04-03-2008, 07:34 PM
ok I did, I ordered the bagalinni in khaki, hope I like IT!! :upsidedow

Millie12591
04-03-2008, 07:43 PM

Did you go to ebags.com and look at it there. There's a model with it on so you can get an idea of how big it is. Hope it helps, my personal opinion is that it would be perfect size for you, if it looks just a little on the big side (the straps are just a bit to long for her)on my dd8 but not overwhelming then it would be perfect for anyone. Since we aren't going until 2010 I know it will fit her perfectly. Oh and she's a couple of inches below five foot and right under 90 lb. if that helps.

Cherbear013
04-03-2008, 07:44 PM
The tag that was attached to my bag reads:

"Overland's lifetime warranty guarantees the materials and workmanship of our packs will stand up to your normal use. In the rare occurence that an Overland product fails or needs repair, please feel free to return it to us. We will assess the damage to determine if repair or replacement is covered by our warranty. Before sending, please clean the item with warm water, mild detergent and a stiff brush, air dry then contact us for shipping details. Never launder your pack in the washing machine or dryer. In case of oil stain, use a commercial quality stain remover. We are confident in our products, and encourage you to fully use your Overland bag...Please enjoy it for years to come."

I saved this tag and my receipt in case anything ever happens to my bag. How do you like your Placer?

Millie12591
04-03-2008, 08:02 PM

Thanks

The rip stop nylon is the one most order, probably because of all the bright vivid colors to choose from, the crinkle nylon doesn't have near the pretty colors to me. But again it's all preference, the crinkle is more durable, but come in much darker colors (attracts heat and probably heavier), the rip stop nylon is very light weight, still durable but come in much more bright and fun colors, the Disers all buy the lime green. :thumbsup2 But of course you get the color that you want, I've gotten so far the hot pink,:lovestruc turquois,;) perwinkle,:wizard: and the purple,:upsidedow the lime green is on it's way, yes I know I've gotten a lot of them, but the pink and purple are for me :lovestruc (can't decide which I'm going to keep) the turquoise is for my daughter and niece and my mom ordered the perwinkle for Dis trip and she wanted the lime green for everyday use for now. The computer pictures don't do them justice(although they still look pretty), they are so much prettier in person, more vivid! Hope I've helped! :flower3:

Millie12591
04-03-2008, 08:07 PM
This isn't about purses/bags but I couldn't find where to post it. I figured someone here would know where to put it. I also put it on the budget board.

Does anyone subscribe to http://www.mybargainbuddy.com? This lady named Karen finds internet discounts. I've used several discount codes from her emailing and saved money. Today there's a 20% discount on shoes at http://www.shoebuy.com. They have Crocs for those who like them.:) I've already tried the code and it works on Crocs shoes. The code is ANNIVERSARY08. I guess the bagbuy and shoebuy websites are run by the same folks. Hope this is something ya'll can use.

Excellent site! I wanted to mention to everyone that there is a save10 code at the same site, so make sure you figure out which one is going to save you more money first. Thank you again for this site, it's good to save and be a good stewart of the money we are blessed with. :yay:

basketcase38
04-04-2008, 11:29 AM
I was just wondering if those of you who take a large SLR camera find that it fits in the Baggallini and if so, is protected well enough? I take lots of pictures so the camera is around my neck most of the time anyway but I will have extra lenses and such in my bag. TIA!

Sherry

Millie12591
04-04-2008, 02:11 PM
I was just wondering if those of you who take a large SLR camera find that it fits in the Baggallini and if so, is protected well enough? I take lots of pictures so the camera is around my neck most of the time anyway but I will have extra lenses and such in my bag. TIA!

Sherry

While I would think it might fit, I don't however feel it would be protected, you'll probably need something like the crinkle nylon I bet, anyone with the crinkle nylon baggallini think their big camera would be protected in your type of bag?

thomasclan85
04-04-2008, 04:45 PM
Excellent site! I wanted to mention to everyone that there is a save10 code at the same site, so make sure you figure out which one is going to save you more money first. Thank you again for this site, it's good to save and be a good stewart of the money we are blessed with. :yay:

You're quite welcome! I've received such great advice since being here and I'm glad to have been able to help too.

Ephany
04-04-2008, 05:52 PM
Also, for those of you who have mentioned using some sort of clip to keep the Baggalinni adjuster strap from moving - what exactly did you use?

I'd like to know too. I really liked the bag, but it would have been nice if the straps wouldn't have slid down as the day progressed.

DisneySJB
04-04-2008, 07:14 PM
I just ordered the Overland Placer. Thanks to everyone for the advice and the coupon code! :banana: