PDA

View Full Version : Discovery Cove - has anyone booked for 2003 yet?

Mazzy
03-07-2002, 12:25 PM
Just wondering if anyone has booked for 2003 for Discovery Cove? I want to book for January but on the website it just shows it all as not being available (from Jan-Dec!) so I'm assuming they are not taking bookings yet?

What about booking with Virgin for 2003, anyone booked Discovery Cove through them for next year?

bengunn
03-08-2002, 07:32 AM
Mazzy, I don't think that you can book DC for more than a year ahead. It is not really necessary to book more than a few months ahead anyway.

Elaine Guidi
03-08-2002, 09:03 AM
Good to hear about someone else who plans things in advance. My DH thinks I'm obsessed with organising. To answer your query, yes you can book for January trips to DC, I have already booked via Virgin for Feb 03, (149/person for the dolphin experience).

I have it on good authority from Virgin that they have their own allocation for places at DC and although it does not show on the DC site, it is still open as usual. Bookings are taken 1 year in advance, and although I don't think it is absolutely necessary to book so well in advance we really wanted to go and were leaving nothing to chance.

Hope you manage to book and enjoy the trip.

Mazzy
03-09-2002, 05:00 AM
Hi Elaine :wave:

Yes, I too am a compulsive planner, it's fun isn't it? ;)

Can you tell me whether Virgin allowed you to pick a time for the Dolphin swim? Or do they just allocate you one? Did you have to pay when you booked, or is it just added to the total invoice price?

Elaine Guidi
03-09-2002, 10:09 AM
We were not asked to select a time for the dolphin swim, so I presumed it was allocated on the day depending on time of arrival at DC. But it would not do any harm to ask whilst booking it. The cost was added to our invoice and confirmation sent out and received within 1 week, they appear to be very efficient so far.

Good luck

kazzie
03-10-2002, 03:54 PM
Originally you had to pick a swim time when you actually booked DC.But that caused comlications when people turned up late for their swim and still expected to be fitted in to take it.

Now, you are allocated your time when you check in at DC.The computer automatically allocated a time to us, ie not giving us a choice.I asked for the time slot I wanted and the girl just changed it no problem.

As you can take your meal from 11.30 onwards I wanted to eat then and do the swim later:D

Mazzy
03-11-2002, 04:29 AM
Thanks for that Kazzie, I didn't realize they'd changed the way you can book.

I'll get onto Virgin soon then, and book with them, as I can get 10% off with my Frequent Virgin membership. :D

jue
03-14-2002, 03:55 PM
Hello Mazzy

We have booked for Discovery Cove for October.:wave:
We booked direct on the web site, and have already been allocated a slot between 9 AM and 1 P M . Can't wait. :sunny:

kazzie
03-15-2002, 03:57 AM
Perhaps you are given a time-slot if you book direct with DC and not with a tour operator. I booked with Thomas Cook Holidays last year and only had a voucher to take with me,the swim time allocated when we arrived.

Although Jue has been given a time slot,you will still need to be given the actual swim time when you arrive, eg 10.30. So it won't make any difference if Mazzy doesn't have a time slot booking with Virgin,the swim times are not given until you arrive there. Am I making sense?!;)

Mazzy
03-15-2002, 05:53 AM
Yes, I think I know what you mean Kazzie! ;)

I would have preferred to have a time slot, but there are two plusses to booking with Virgin. One is that I get 10% off with my FV card, and the other is that I can book it and pay nothing until my Virgin balance is due, 8 weeks before we go. It is 149 for the dolphin swim with Virgin - how does that compare to booking direct, taking into account I will get 10% off that price?