PDA

View Full Version : How about an adult swap?

MommyWithDreams
02-03-2008, 08:05 PM
Is this a possibility?

My bf, son (4) and I wait in line for space mountain. We get to the front of the line, BF rides while I wait with my son who will 'not' be riding. When bf is done, then I get to ride? I know about the baby swap but this to me is more like an adult swap...right?
Would this work on rides like SM, Thunder Mountain and Indy? I think those are the only two I'm really concerned about. Thanks.

PrincessKell
02-03-2008, 08:09 PM
I would think you would get to ride, just tell the CM what is going on. I dont know why it would be an issue. But I could be wrong.

imjen
02-03-2008, 08:36 PM
This is essentially what the baby or child swap is. Since your son is too young to ride, you walk up to the CM that is standing outside the fast pass line entrance and tell him you need a child swap pass. He sees your young son and then gives the adult that is waiting behind the pass. When the adult that rode the ride comes out, you switch off and get to go in through the fast pass entrance. You don't need to stand in line with your bf the whole time, go ride Buzz or something nearby. And the pass you got can be used any time that day, you don't have to use it immediately. This works on any ride that has a height requirement.

MommyWithDreams
02-03-2008, 08:41 PM
This is essentially what the baby or child swap is. Since your son is too young to ride, you walk up to the CM that is standing outside the fast pass line entrance and tell him you need a child swap pass. He sees your young son and then gives the adult that is waiting behind the pass. When the adult that rode the ride comes out, you switch off and get to go in through the fast pass entrance. You don't need to stand in line with your bf the whole time, go ride Buzz or something nearby. And the pass you got can be used any time that day, you don't have to use it immediately. This works on any ride that has a height requirement.

Ok thanks...I don't know why but I was thinking it was for the kids to be able to ride twice with the parents that are switching off. Like if there was another small child not able to ride in the family. This will work out great then. Thanks again!

bumbershoot
02-03-2008, 09:21 PM
Ok thanks...I don't know why but I was thinking it was for the kids to be able to ride twice with the parents that are switching off. Like if there was another small child not able to ride in the family. This will work out great then. Thanks again!

Well if there were another kiddo that was older, they WOULD get to ride twice while you two switched off in watching your son. :)

When we've done it at Indy and Space you wait with the child out at the exit; the kiddo hasn't been allowed in the line at all. I don't know about BTMRR, but it's probably the same.

MommyWithDreams
02-03-2008, 09:37 PM
Well if there were another kiddo that was older, they WOULD get to ride twice while you two switched off in watching your son. :)

When we've done it at Indy and Space you wait with the child out at the exit; the kiddo hasn't been allowed in the line at all. I don't know about BTMRR, but it's probably the same.

Hmmm the exit? So does that mean once he's done I go in through the exit?...or FP line as mentioned before?

DangerMouse
02-03-2008, 10:00 PM
Each child swap pass that you receive will have directions on where to use the swap. For example, at Space, the swap pass will direct you through the exit que. If you ever have a question on how you should ride with the pass, just ask the CM who handed it to you.

bumbershoot
02-03-2008, 10:48 PM
The FP/human-swap line for Indy is the exit, too.

editing.....

WAIT. I'm not sure that's true now. I definitely saw a separate line last time.

But when I used the swap ages ago it was the exit.

Ancient information-giver, that's me!!!!! sorry.

editing again....

obviously I need to go at busier times so I actually have to use the swap/FP lines, instead of just collecting FPasses and not using them. Oh poor me! ha ha ha.

Tink208
02-04-2008, 12:29 AM
The FP line for Indy is right next to the regular line. We didn't do the child swap when we were there in November. We just used all four tickets to get fast passes and then the 11 year old got to go with each parent while the 5 year old stayed with the other parent. We did this two nights in a row and it worked out really well for us. (Indy is pretty much the only ride that the 5 year old wasn't tall enough for and that the 11 year old would ride. My husband and I each took turns doing the single rider line for CA Screamin', which was the other ride the 5 year old couldn't ride...much to his chagrin.)

dizzyami
02-04-2008, 10:57 AM
How tall is your DS - the reason I ask is my children are super tiny but both were able to ride SM and BTMRR at 4 years old...that might be another option. My DS absolutlely loves BTMRR because it is a train - (granted he loves space too but he isn't scared of anything :confused3 )

MommyWithDreams
02-04-2008, 04:08 PM
He's 44 inches so I'm pretty sure he's tall enough. He did the Matterhorn last year twice and was ok with it...but didn't want to do Thunder Mountain. Mainly because he can see how fast it goes......as for the matterhorn you can't see much since it's inside. If he wants to ride BTMRR I'm ok with it, but I wouldn't force him. As for SM, same thing, I dont' think he's ready for that either. He doesn't care for the really fast things. SM isn't that fast but it would be to him.