PDA

View Full Version : HOOSIER DisMeet was fabulous (and slightly fattening!)

Sooze
02-03-2008, 08:29 PM
We are trying to plan a DISMeet in Indianapolis!

I am performing in Indianapolis Civic Theatre's "Thoroughly Modern Millie". I'd love to get some DISers together to come see the show then go out to eat afterwards.

Here are the available dates (I chose ones with Matinee times, as I think these would work best)

Sunday, March 9 2pm
Sunday, March 16 2 pm
Saturday, March 22 2 pm

Please vote for the date that works best for you. If any of them work, don't vote, just put that in your response!!

If you don't want to see the show, you can always join us for food. I will make reservations around 5pm.

The show is on the North side of Indianapolis, easily accessible from I-65. As I find out who is interested, we can decide on what kind of meal (fast food, sit-down, etc.).

Here is a link to Indianapolis Civic for ticket info. I will find out if there is a group discount that we can get, but we need to do this quickly, as matinees sell out fast!
http://www.civictheatre.org/millie.html (http://www.civictheatre.org/millie.html)
Anyone interested?!?! Let me know as soon as possible!

FauntleroyFAN07
02-05-2008, 08:58 AM
are we the only indiana dissers.:confused3

the first two dates would not work for us, we are going to be out of town, and the last one is getting close to DW's due date, so i would hate to commit to something and then her not feel like taking the drive to come down.

sorry.

i am glad to read along with this thread, hope some indianaians come and join the fun.
:yay:

Sooze
02-05-2008, 10:21 AM
Well, if you guys feel like it, you can drive down for dinner... that's something you can do spur-of-the moment if you wanna!! Of course, a few hours in the car with a very-pregnant belly is NOT fun!! But we'd love to see ya!!

Seriously.. I thought there were more Hoosiers out there.. maybe they are too busy cleaning up after wind, floods, tornados, etc...:confused3

FauntleroyFAN07
02-06-2008, 08:44 AM
maybe they have just not found your thread.
:surfweb:

we will have to see, you are right a 2 hour drive would not be that fun for her.
:goodvibes

jennz
02-06-2008, 10:33 AM
Not sure about the show but would love to meet for a meal...I think we could do the 9th or the 22nd.:thumbsup2 "We" being me, dh, and dd, 10.

I put a post on the budget and dvc boards, hopefully that'll direct some people this way.

delmar411
02-06-2008, 11:07 AM
I'd love to meet up but my DH works weekends and I can't juggle the 4 kids in public for that long on my own.

Maybe another time! :goodvibes

dusty
02-06-2008, 12:45 PM
I haven't hung out on the DIS for a couple of years, just got too busy. But I cruised on today and saw this notice for Indiana folks. I'm in South Bend and I am a pin trader. Anybody down there in the group that trades pins? I get to Indy about every 6 weeks, but I'm not sure right now if I could make it those days. I'll check the calendar.
ellla

Sooze
02-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the responses, guys. Keep letting people know about this thread and we'll see what we can make happen.

For those of you unable, thanks for stopping by anyway.. maybe another time!!

Not sure about the pin traders out there.. I don't trade pins (yet..!).. but maybe someone else does? Dan?

simzac
02-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Hi Sooze, southsider here, I also work weekends, but usually done around 4 or so, thus dinner could possibly work out. Been checking out your trip reports, thought our family was big Disney fans until I found your family. One question if I may, your DH is a band director, which school? I have 2 sons, one is a junior at Center Grove and has been in the marching band for 3 years( thus I understand your comment about being a single mom:lmao: ), the other is and 8th grader. Next year I'll have 2 in the Marching Trojans. Avon's band is unbelievable, they are certainly the best band in our area, although CG gives them a run for the money each year. I'll keep watching this thread to see which date you pick and then try to make the dinner part of the day. If we can all make it, there would be 4 of us. I'm sure my boys would love to talk music with your DH.:goodvibes

Sooze
02-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Hi Sooze, southsider here, I also work weekends, but usually done around 4 or so, thus dinner could possibly work out. Been checking out your trip reports, thought our family was big Disney fans until I found your family. One question if I may, your DH is a band director, which school? I have 2 sons, one is a junior at Center Grove and has been in the marching band for 3 years( thus I understand your comment about being a single mom:lmao: ), the other is and 8th grader. Next year I'll have 2 in the Marching Trojans. Avon's band is unbelievable, they are certainly the best band in our area, although CG gives them a run for the money each year. I'll keep watching this thread to see which date you pick and then try to make the dinner part of the day. If we can all make it, there would be 4 of us. I'm sure my boys would love to talk music with your DH.:goodvibes

HEY THERE! Welcome! DH is one of the band directors for Avon High School. We got there in 1996, so we've seen them come from a terrible, barely-make-it-to regionals band... just blossom into this incredible program. I work with the color guard, so I stay quite involved. I love Center Grove! I had a friend who was a middle school band director there a few years back.. Mr. Whalin...? Sound familiar...?

Anyway.. we'd love to have you for dinner.. Stay posted for dates!!

ADP
02-06-2008, 10:24 PM
Hi Fellow Hoosiers!

I don't think I could do the show, but definately could meet somewhere for lunch or dinner.

Some of the folks in this thread I've already met and would welcome meeting the rest of you. Thanks to good friends of ours I was able to find this thread. Just say where and when and I'll bring the rum. :laughing:

Sooze
02-07-2008, 08:59 AM
Hi Fellow Hoosiers!

I don't think I could do the show, but definately could meet somewhere for lunch or dinner.

Some of the folks in this thread I've already met and would welcome meeting the rest of you. Thanks to good friends of ours I was able to find this thread. Just say where and when and I'll bring the rum. :laughing:

Yay! More Hoosiers!!

I think I'll give this thread one more week, then start confirming dates and plans.. sound good?:confused3

FauntleroyFAN07
02-07-2008, 09:31 AM
I haven't hung out on the DIS for a couple of years, just got too busy. But I cruised on today and saw this notice for Indiana folks. I'm in South Bend and I am a pin trader. Anybody down there in the group that trades pins? I get to Indy about every 6 weeks, but I'm not sure right now if I could make it those days. I'll check the calendar.
ellla
darn tuten i am a pin trader, we have about 50 now...what kinda pins you have to trade dusty...

Thanks for the responses, guys. Keep letting people know about this thread and we'll see what we can make happen.

For those of you unable, thanks for stopping by anyway.. maybe another time!!

Not sure about the pin traders out there.. I don't trade pins (yet..!).. but maybe someone else does? Dan?
yep i am, looks like your thread is taking off some sooze...way to go.

ADP
02-07-2008, 01:08 PM
Yay! More Hoosiers!!

I think I'll give this thread one more week, then start confirming dates and plans.. sound good?:confused3

Works for us Sooze.

danny1649
02-07-2008, 07:05 PM
Will try to make it,let me know when you firm your plans up :goodvibes :goodvibes Danny

simzac
02-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Yay! More Hoosiers!!

Sounds good to me:goodvibes

Luckymomoftwo
02-09-2008, 10:34 AM
The 22nd works the best for me, but the other two dates would work, as well. I'll be coming from Hobart (NW Indiana).

I'm looking forward to meeting other DISers!!!

ncsjodi
02-10-2008, 07:59 PM
Sooze,

I'm not sure what our schedule is in March yet, but we'd love to meet somewhere for dinner, if it works out. Just let me know.

Also, I know one of the middle school band directors in Center Grove -- Mike Bolla? I think he's at North??

Mickeefan
02-12-2008, 04:42 PM
I could meet for dinner any of those dates. I'm from the Southside. Looking forward to hearing the details.

P.S. I just found this thread today!

Sooze
02-15-2008, 05:50 PM
Hey y'all!

Okay, it's been a week, so here's what we'll go with:

Saturday, March 22
2pm Matinee show
5pm dinner

Here are the folks I think are interested. I also put a number by your screen name for the number of people attending. If you didn't indicate a number, I just put 1. Please let me know if more will be coming, so when I make dinner reservations, I can give a solid number.

DINNER ONLY:

simzac (4)
ADP (3)
ncsjodi (2)
mickeefan (1)
luckymomoftwo (4)
powellrj (2)
mkycrzy1971 (1)

SHOW and DINNER:

danny1649 (1)

NOT SURE:

jennz (3)
dusty

Here's the deal with the show. I don't think we'll have enough people to warrant a group discount. So if you want to go to the show, visit the website below and order yourself some tix!! I would get on it quickly, too, because a Saturday matinee is hard to come by!! I will not be hurt if you don't come to the show!! But I'd sure love it if some of you did!!

As soon as the show is over, we'll head to dinner. I have not investigated restaurants yet. Any ideas? Do we want an "Applebee's", "Steak n Shake" or "Bravo" kind of meal!?!

If something changes and you need me to switch your status on the above list, just PM me, or let me know on the thread and I"ll keep it as updated as I can!

Here's the website if you want to get ya some tickets!

Civic Theatre of Indianapolis (http://www.civictheatre.org/)

jennz
02-15-2008, 06:58 PM
Looks good - we'll be 3 coming for dinner, dd, 10, will be with us. Applebee type place sounds good.

simzac
02-15-2008, 07:20 PM
Applebees sounds good to us. For now, there will be 4 of us, will let you know if that changes.

Sooze
02-15-2008, 10:00 PM
Looks good - we'll be 3 coming for dinner, dd, 10, will be with us. Applebee type place sounds good.

Applebees sounds good to us. For now, there will be 4 of us, will let you know if that changes.

:thumbsup2 Got it!! Thanks for the quick responses, too!!

ADP
02-15-2008, 11:14 PM
Count us in for 3; myself, DW, and DD7. Applebees will work for us.

ncsjodi
02-16-2008, 08:56 AM
Count us in for 3; myself, DW, and DD7. Applebees will work for us.

OK, ADP. I have to ask... where in Fishers are you? We live in Fishers as well, in the northwest corner (Allisonville Road & 141st Street). And I have a DD6 in first grade at Harrison Parkway Elementary.

Sooze, I'm not sure what our plans are for March 22nd, but I'm hoping all four of us can come to dinner. I'm penciling in our calendar, but I'm never sure what's going to come up with DH's many hats. The girls and I will try to come, even if DH can't. I know that my DDs would love to meet your DD. They just love little ones!

jennz
02-16-2008, 09:52 AM
ncsjodi - we're just down the road from you at 146th and Allisonville! We're in Noblesville, the other side of 146th...I think we have a Dis cluster here.

Luckymomoftwo
02-16-2008, 10:17 AM
Hi there! We will have four in our group coming to meet for dinner only. If it were just DH and myself, we would come to the show, but my kids may not sit calmly durng a show! :sad2: My kids are DS-8 and DD-4 We're looking forward to meeting other Hoosier DISer's!!! :banana:

Sooze
02-16-2008, 10:55 AM
Got the changes! Thanks! I'll be investigating the closest Applebee's-type restaurant in the area (trying to avoid 38th Street:scared: ) We might actually head further up north (which might help the Fishers-cluster;) )

ADP
02-16-2008, 03:14 PM
OK, ADP. I have to ask... where in Fishers are you? We live in Fishers as well, in the northwest corner (Allisonville Road & 141st Street). And I have a DD6 in first grade at Harrison Parkway Elementary.

Sooze, I'm not sure what our plans are for March 22nd, but I'm hoping all four of us can come to dinner. I'm penciling in our calendar, but I'm never sure what's going to come up with DH's many hats. The girls and I will try to come, even if DH can't. I know that my DDs would love to meet your DD. They just love little ones!

Hey ncsjodi -
We are at 141st and Cumberland Rd. We are not too far from Jennz either. DD7 attends Cumberland Rd. Elementrary; 2nd grade.

Sooze - Just a suggestion, but if the group size continues to grow maybe we can look into getting a party room at one of the restaurants. Some restaurants will let you reserve the room for free. If you need some help with anything let me know.

Sooze
02-16-2008, 07:04 PM
Hey ncsjodi -
We are at 141st and Cumberland Rd. We are not too far from Jennz either. DD7 attends Cumberland Rd. Elementrary; 2nd grade.

Sooze - Just a suggestion, but if the group size continues to grow maybe we can look into getting a party room at one of the restaurants. Some restaurants will let you reserve the room for free. If you need some help with anything let me know.

Great idea, thanks!!

powellrj
02-18-2008, 07:24 AM
Its strange how you just stumble onto things!! Ds was just asking me the other day when the next DIS meet was that he was wanting to go back to one!!

We live in Anderson and would love to attend! The last one we attended was last year at Loon Lake Lodge and they had a room for us. It was really nice!

Show Choir season will be over by the 22nd so we would love to attend. Add 2!

Sooze
02-18-2008, 09:22 AM
Its strange how you just stumble onto things!! Ds was just asking me the other day when the next DIS meet was that he was wanting to go back to one!!

We live in Anderson and would love to attend! The last one we attended was last year at Loon Lake Lodge and they had a room for us. It was really nice!

Show Choir season will be over by the 22nd so we would love to attend. Add 2!

Welcome!!!

I've added you to the list, and I'm so glad you stumbled on the thread. Pass it along if you can.

So, what's your show choir affiliation?

mkycrzy1971
02-19-2008, 11:13 AM
Hello Sooze! Sorry I haven't posted a reply yet...been busy planning our anniversary trip :woohoo: ...I think I can make dinner on the 22nd but not the show (although I would love to)...that is the weekend of Easter and we sometimes go to Toledo, Ohio to my in-laws...I like all restaurants that you mentioned, I am pretty flexible that way...It looks like it will just be me if we are not out of town, so mark 1 down for me...I will make certain to let you know for sure once the date gets a little closer...thank you so much for making this possible...it sounds like a ton of fun...also, if you need help planning anything, I would be happy to help as much as possible.

Sooze
02-20-2008, 10:24 AM
Hello Sooze! Sorry I haven't posted a reply yet...been busy planning our anniversary trip :woohoo: ...I think I can make dinner on the 22nd but not the show (although I would love to)...that is the weekend of Easter and we sometimes go to Toledo, Ohio to my in-laws...I like all restaurants that you mentioned, I am pretty flexible that way...It looks like it will just be me if we are not out of town, so mark 1 down for me...I will make certain to let you know for sure once the date gets a little closer...thank you so much for making this possible...it sounds like a ton of fun...also, if you need help planning anything, I would be happy to help as much as possible.

Glad you made it!!

I marked you down.. just let me know if things change!

jennz
02-20-2008, 01:35 PM
I have to change us to a maybe - forgot it was Easter weekend. We usually go to my in-laws on holidays. Which is why we don't make it to any dismeets! I should know in a week. Sorry!

simzac
02-21-2008, 12:12 PM
I have to change us to a maybe - forgot it was Easter weekend. We usually go to my in-laws on holidays. Which is why we don't make it to any dismeets! I should know in a week. Sorry!

You can go to the inlaws anytime. DIS meets only happen once in a blue moon.;)

Sooze
02-21-2008, 12:27 PM

:lmao:

Sooze
02-21-2008, 12:27 PM

I'll switch you over to the 'maybe' category!

ADP
02-21-2008, 08:56 PM

Don't you mean once in a lunar eclipse! :laughing:

heath-and-javens-mom
02-22-2008, 12:42 PM
just came across this thread and would love to be there-- put me on the maybe list please!:)

jennz
02-22-2008, 07:59 PM
Oh the peer pressure has gotten to me! We're not going to the inlaws and will be there on the 22nd. Looking forward to it.

simzac
02-23-2008, 07:15 AM
Oh the peer pressure has gotten to me! We're not going to the inlaws and will be there on the 22nd. Looking forward to it.

Oh what power I have:lmao:

jennz
02-23-2008, 07:35 AM
Sizmac - you do!:worship: Are we going to have to watch you to make sure you use it only for good?:yoda:

ADP
02-23-2008, 09:18 AM
I can't imagine Simzac turning to the darkside. :stir:

Sooze
02-23-2008, 02:16 PM
Saturday, March 22
2pm Matinee show
5pm dinner

Here are the folks I think are interested. I also put a number by your screen name for the number of people attending. If you didn't indicate a number, I just put 1. Please let me know if more will be coming, so when I make dinner reservations, I can give a solid number.

DINNER ONLY:

WDWBetsy (3)
simzac (4)
ADP (3)
ncsjodi (4)
mickeefan (1)
luckymomoftwo (4)
powellrj (2)
mkycrzy1971 (1)
jennz (3)

SHOW and DINNER:

danny1649 (1)

NOT SURE:

heath-and-javens-mom
dusty

Here's the deal with the show. I don't think we'll have enough people to warrant a group discount. So if you want to go to the show, visit the website below and order yourself some tix!! I would get on it quickly, too, because a Saturday matinee is hard to come by!! I will not be hurt if you don't come to the show!! But I'd sure love it if some of you did!!

As soon as the show is over, we'll head to dinner. I have not investigated restaurants yet. Any ideas? Do we want an "Applebee's", "Steak n Shake" or "Bravo" kind of meal!?!

If something changes and you need me to switch your status on the above list, just PM me, or let me know on the thread and I"ll keep it as updated as I can!

Here's the website if you want to get ya some tickets!

Indianpolis Civic Theatre (http://www.civictheatre.org/)

Sooze
02-23-2008, 02:18 PM
I reposted the list above. Double check it for me, and let me know of any changes as they happen.

I completely forgot to mention... there is an 8:00 show on Saturday night as well... so if you want to do dinner, then come to the show.. that's another option you have!

As for me, I will need to eat quickly and head back to the theatre to prepare for the 2nd show!! But I will just LOVE meeting everyone!!!

Stay tuned...

WDWBetsy
02-23-2008, 06:06 PM
Please add us to the dinner-only list - it will be DH, DD (will be 20 months old) and I.

Can't wait to meet everyone! :goodvibes

simzac
02-23-2008, 07:07 PM
I can't imagine Simzac turning to the darkside. :stir:

I don't know about that. My oldest son is a Star Wars fanatic:eek:

IndianaHoosier
02-23-2008, 07:32 PM
YahHoosiers!:goodvibes

mkycrzy1971
02-23-2008, 07:43 PM
Please add us to the dinner-only list - it will be DH, DD (will be 20 months old) and I.

Can't wait to meet everyone! :goodvibes

Love the pics in your signature...your daughter is so cute! I noticed you will be back at The World around the same time we will...our trip starts Sept 4 and we will be departing Sept 9th...we will be at Pop though...maybe we will see you there...but I will see you in March first...can't wait!:banana:

simzac
02-23-2008, 08:00 PM
YahHoosiers!:goodvibes

Wow, your first post here on the DIS boards is in this thread, now that's something. How did you scrowl thru the boards to find our thread first:confused: Welcome to the DIS boards fellow hoosier.:goodvibes

WDWBetsy
02-23-2008, 08:28 PM
Love the pics in your signature...your daughter is so cute! I noticed you will be back at The World around the same time we will...our trip starts Sept 4 and we will be departing Sept 9th...we will be at Pop though...maybe we will see you there...but I will see you in March first...can't wait!:banana:

Thanks! She's a little silly gal, that's for sure. I told DH he HAS to come with me to the DISmeet since she's a handful. :rotfl:

mkycrzy1971
02-23-2008, 08:55 PM
Thanks! She's a little silly gal, that's for sure. I told DH he HAS to come with me to the DISmeet since she's a handful. :rotfl:

I know what you mean about being a handful...I have a 3 year old son who is more than a handful...he is going to stay with Daddy while I come to the meet...he is quite a change from our two older children, they are girls...very full of energy but not half as much as our son! Can't wait to meet you and your family!

Sooze
02-23-2008, 10:29 PM
Wow, your first post here on the DIS boards is in this thread, now that's something. How did you scrowl thru the boards to find our thread first:confused: Welcome to the DIS boards fellow hoosier.:goodvibes

Maybe IndianaHoosier has been a lurking guest, and our thread inspired him or her to join in on the fun!!!:confused3

Trumpeteer
02-28-2008, 11:15 PM
Sooze,

I thought we had something in common and after checking your trip reports I know we do. I'm also a band director, write drill, and have known you and your family for years. I live in Mitchell with my wife, who use to do color guard and have spent quite a bit of time with your husband over the years. I'm sure you have put it together by now. Small world....

Give everyone my best, and good luck with the performances. I would love to make it up for a meet, but I'm sure you know that my schedule would make that pretty tough to do.

Give everyone my best and Go Black and Gold.

We are heading to World in March and can't wait.

Sooze
03-10-2008, 03:27 PM
Okay.. after many phone calls and attempts to make reservations.. I have succeeded!! Hopefully you are all okay with my final plans....<<biting nails>>:scared:

HOOSIER DISMEET
Saturday, March 22, 2008
5pm
Buca Di Beppo
6045 East 86th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46250

Click below for web site with directions, maps, menus, etc.

Bucca Di Beppo Information (http://www.bucadibeppo.com/locations/location.aspx?location=1402)
I have reserved TWO 12-top tables (for approximately 24 people).

The reservations are under "Susie Harloff".

I will probably be running a bit late, as the restaurant is farther away from the theatre than I had hoped... but you can start celebrating without me, and I can make my grand entrance!!

SEE YOU SOON!!:banana:

Sooze
03-10-2008, 03:28 PM
Sooze,

I thought we had something in common and after checking your trip reports I know we do. I'm also a band director, write drill, and have known you and your family for years. I live in Mitchell with my wife, who use to do color guard and have spent quite a bit of time with your husband over the years. I'm sure you have put it together by now. Small world....

Give everyone my best, and good luck with the performances. I would love to make it up for a meet, but I'm sure you know that my schedule would make that pretty tough to do.

Give everyone my best and Go Black and Gold.

We are heading to World in March and can't wait.

Is Mitchell near Jasper?... I'm still trying to nail down your secret identity!!:confused:

WDWBetsy
03-10-2008, 03:40 PM
Okay.. after many phone calls and attempts to make reservations.. I have succeeded!! Hopefully you are all okay with my final plans....<<biting nails>>:scared:

HOOSIER DISMEET
Saturday, March 22, 2008
5pm
Buca Di Beppo
6045 East 86th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46250

Bucca Di Beppo Information (http://www.bucadibeppo.com/locations/location.aspx?location=1402)

I will probably be running a bit late, as the restaurant is farther away from the theatre than I had hoped... but you can start celebrating without me, and I can make my grand entrance!!

Oooooooohhhh, that sounds wonderful! I cannot wait to finally meet everyone. Great choice - I love Buca's food!

Sooze
03-10-2008, 03:44 PM
Oooooooohhhh, that sounds wonderful! I cannot wait to finally meet everyone. Great choice - I love Buca's food!

Yay! I have one vote of approval! You made my day, Betsy!!:)

I am a little worried because Buca is a bit more expensive than Applebee's.. but Applebee's wouldn't take reservations...:confused3

jennz
03-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Yum! We love Buca's but rarely go...it might be more than Applebee's but you get enough food to choke a horse! Do we have the Pope room? How would that be for the night before Easter? :thumbsup2 (I don't think the Pope room is that big though)

mkycrzy1971
03-10-2008, 06:03 PM
My fav...we were just there 2 weekends ago! Good Dis friends and good food, what more could we ever possibly want?

Sooze
03-10-2008, 06:13 PM
Yum! We love Buca's but rarely go...it might be more than Applebee's but you get enough food to choke a horse! Do we have the Pope room? How would that be for the night before Easter? :thumbsup2 (I don't think the Pope room is that big though)

True.. lots and lots of food! The lady helping me said they have two rooms..one that holds over 100 and a smaller one. I opted for the smaller one... we'll see if I made the right choice or not... but she never did say anything about the Pope...:confused3

My fav...we were just there 2 weekends ago! Good Dis friends and good food, what more could we ever possibly want?

So true, so true!

ncsjodi
03-10-2008, 06:17 PM

HOOSIER DISMEET
Saturday, March 22, 2008
5pm
Buca Di Beppo
6045 East 86th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46250

That sounds good, Sooze. Plus, it's in my neck of the woods. Didn't realize the first time I read this that it's the Castleton location. Our church is right across the street from the mall! I'll have to check with Eric to see if he wants to come along or if he'd rather stay home with the girls. I'll let you know.

Jodi

Luckymomoftwo
03-10-2008, 06:56 PM
Ok, two questions...
1. Are most of you planning on leaving the kids at home or bringing them with?

2. Is anyone from the NW Indiana area going?

ADP
03-10-2008, 07:14 PM
Bucca's sounds great! A little Vino would be Keeno! :) Can't wait to see everyone there!

WDWBetsy
03-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Ok, two questions...

DH and I are bringing Aubree, our 20-month-old daughter. :goodvibes

Sooze
03-11-2008, 08:25 AM
Ok, two questions...

My situation is tricky since I'll be coming from a show and leaving to go back to the show. If that weren't the case, I'd definitely be bringing the kids. Right now, it will depend on DH... if he can come and if he wants to drag children along... we shall see!

Not sure about this one... anybody?

Mickeefan
03-11-2008, 10:38 AM
Buca Di Beppo is great. Yummy, Italian food. So, is there room for possibly one more? Thanks for making the arrangements.

ADP
03-11-2008, 10:52 AM
Ok, two questions...

Our DD7 Anna (soon to be 8) will be there.

Sooze
03-11-2008, 11:22 AM
Buca Di Beppo is great. Yummy, Italian food. So, is there room for possibly one more? Thanks for making the arrangements.

Absolutley!! I had you on the original list, anyway!! So you're already counted :) Just you? Or more than one?

ncsjodi
03-11-2008, 12:50 PM
Ok, two questions...

At this point, I think both of our DDs will be there -- one who is almost 7 and the other 4.

Sooze, you had us down for two but I think it will be all four of us! Eric likes Bucca!

Sooze
03-11-2008, 02:01 PM
Here's the most recent count. Any changes? Deletions? Additions? Just let me know. I'll call Bucca next week and update the numbers...

WDWBetsy (3)
ADP (3)
ncsjodi (4)
mickeefan (2)
luckymomoftwo (4)
powellrj (2)
mkycrzy1971 (1)
jennz (3)
Sooze (1)

Total: 23

???????
Heathandjavensmom
Dusty

Mickeefan
03-11-2008, 02:55 PM
Absolutley!! I had you on the original list, anyway!! So you're already counted :) Just you? Or more than one?

I need to add one more. A friend has decided to join us. Her name is Nancy. Thanks. Looking forward to it!

disrailfan
03-11-2008, 04:56 PM
Wow, I just was thinking to myself, I wonder if any of the Hoosier Diser's get together anymore and what do you know, I found a thread about exactly that topic.

I need to check with DW this evening and see if this is something that we want to do. :goodvibes

We live in Logansport now, but we did live in Noblesville for about 5 years from 1999-2004.

ADP
03-11-2008, 06:42 PM
Wow, I just was thinking to myself, I wonder if any of the Hoosier Diser's get together anymore and what do you know, I found a thread about exactly that topic.

I need to check with DW this evening and see if this is something that we want to do. :goodvibes

We live in Logansport now, but we did live in Noblesville for about 5 years from 1999-2004.

Hope you can make it!

Sooze
03-11-2008, 09:32 PM

Glad you found us!! Just let me know, and we can update the numbers. How far is Logansport from Indy?

HeyIt'sMe
03-12-2008, 06:41 PM
Another Hoosier here - - in Westfield. :wave:

Unfortunately I can't make the meet that weekend but I just wanted to say have fun. And eat some yummy Buca food for me!

Sooze
03-12-2008, 08:10 PM
Another Hoosier here - - in Westfield. :wave:

Unfortunately I can't make the meet that weekend but I just wanted to say have fun. And eat some yummy Buca food for me!

Wish you could be there! I'll be sure to eat a bread stick in your honor!:lmao:

By the way.. do you like the Poly or somethin'?:confused3

simzac
03-13-2008, 06:36 AM
Thanks for the update Sooze. As of now, all 4 of us are still planning on attending. Never have eaten at Bucca, but we love Italian. See everyone soon.:goodvibes

Sooze
03-13-2008, 08:25 AM
Thanks for the update Sooze. As of now, all 4 of us are still planning on attending. Never have eaten at Bucca, but we love Italian. See everyone soon.:goodvibes

Great!:thumbsup2

Next time, we'll have to meet on the South side,eh?

simzac
03-13-2008, 07:10 PM
How quickly things can change. Did our taxes today, and the news is not good. We owe over $1300 this year total. So have to cut out all unecessary spending immediately to pay them by April 15th. Thus I have to cancel our family for the meet. Hope everyone has a great time. I'll be thinking of you all that day. Bill

Sooze
03-14-2008, 09:13 AM
How quickly things can change. Did our taxes today, and the news is not good. We owe over $1300 this year total. So have to cut out all unecessary spending immediately to pay them by April 15th. Thus I have to cancel our family for the meet. Hope everyone has a great time. I'll be thinking of you all that day. Bill

:sad1: SO sorry to hear about your taxes.. but even sorrier we'll be missing you next Saturday. Hope you're able to put that money together. Man... wouldn't it be nice to pull $1300 for DISNEY!?!

simzac
03-14-2008, 05:29 PM
:sad1: SO sorry to hear about your taxes.. but even sorrier we'll be missing you next Saturday. Hope you're able to put that money together. Man... wouldn't it be nice to pull $1300 for DISNEY!?!

What bothers me more is that our next trip to WDW is a little over 9 months away, and I have no idea how I'm going to pull that off.:confused:

HeyIt'sMe
03-15-2008, 04:40 PM
Wish you could be there! I'll be sure to eat a bread stick in your honor!:lmao:

By the way.. do you like the Poly or somethin'?:confused3

Like the Poly? What would ever give you that idea? ;)

Mickeefan
03-18-2008, 11:10 AM
I'd like to add one more person, if possible. So, that will make 3 for me. I also sent you a PM.

WDWBetsy
03-18-2008, 11:16 AM
Hey Sooze,

We're going to leave Aubree with my niece who'll be staying at our house. So it will just be DH and I.

Hope that helps with seating!

Sooze
03-18-2008, 11:21 AM
I'd like to add one more person, if possible. So, that will make 3 for me. I also sent you a PM.

Hey Sooze,

We're going to leave Aubree with my niece who'll be staying at our house. So it will just be DH and I.

Hope that helps with seating!

Got it!

Sooze
03-18-2008, 11:22 AM
Newly updated:

WDWBetsy (3)
ADP (3)
ncsjodi (4)
mickeefan (3)
powellrj (2)
mkycrzy1971 (1)
jennz (3)
Sooze (2)

Total: 21

Luckymomoftwo
03-18-2008, 06:47 PM
I've got some bad news...I won't be able to make it. :sad1: My mom's side of the family is having Easter Dinner Saturday evening so that everyone can go to their in-laws on Easter. I'm sooo bummed...I was really looking foward to meeting DISers from Indiana!

Maybe we can plan another one another time and we'll be able to make that one.

I hope you have a great DIS meet!!!!

smjj
03-18-2008, 08:39 PM
Just found this thread. We would not be able to make it thought. I work Easter so we are getting together Sat. for our family dinner. Sorry..smjj

Sooze
03-19-2008, 08:22 AM
I've got some bad news...I won't be able to make it. :sad1: My mom's side of the family is having Easter Dinner Saturday evening so that everyone can go to their in-laws on Easter. I'm sooo bummed...I was really looking foward to meeting DISers from Indiana!

Maybe we can plan another one another time and we'll be able to make that one.

I hope you have a great DIS meet!!!!

:sad1: We will miss you but family time is very important! Maybe the next time...

Sooze
03-19-2008, 08:23 AM
Just found this thread. We would not be able to make it thought. I work Easter so we are getting together Sat. for our family dinner. Sorry..smjj

How 'bout you start planning the next one?!;) Sorry you found us late, but hopefully we can do this again sometime!

WDWBetsy
03-20-2008, 09:05 AM
Sooze,

I am so sorry for the change again - we ARE bringing Aubree with us. Our niece can't watch her. Hope this is ok - we'll need a highchair. THANKS!!!! :grouphug:

scarlett873
03-20-2008, 06:37 PM
Am I too late to join the party?

DH and I live in the Pendleton area and would love to join you guys for dinner! Can you squeeze two more into the bunch? :)

Sooze
03-21-2008, 09:43 AM
Am I too late to join the party?

DH and I live in the Pendleton area and would love to join you guys for dinner! Can you squeeze two more into the bunch? :)

DEFINITELY!!! Come join us!!:dance3:

scarlett873
03-21-2008, 09:55 AM
Awesome!

I saw this posted a few weeks ago, but I've dragged DH to DIS meets before and he's just not a DISer...lol. So I assumed that he wouldn't wanna go. We happened to be at Castleton Square yesterday, saw Buca's, I mentioned it. He actually said that we should go! You don't have to tell me twice!! lol

Guess we'll see everyone tomorrow!

Sooze
03-21-2008, 10:03 AM
Newly updated:

WDWBetsy (3) *needs high chair*
ADP (3)
ncsjodi (4)
mickeefan (3)
powellrj (2)
mkycrzy1971 (1)
jennz (3)
Sooze (1)
Scarlett873 (2)

Total: 22

ANYONE ELSE NEED A HIGH CHAIR OR BOOSTER? I will call for final confirmation of our ressies today!

ADP
03-21-2008, 01:53 PM
See everybody tomorrow night! :)

Sooze
03-21-2008, 02:36 PM
Ladies and gents... I just found out last night that my time with you all will be VERY short. They actually encouraged us NOT to leave the theatre in between shows!:scared1: I am allowed to leave to visit the Hoosier DIS meet.. but will be brief in my attendance!!

Is someone willing to order for me?! I will be showing up after 5.. close to 5:30 and will need to leave shortly after 6. If my food is on its way, that'll help me a lot!

Sorry.. I tried to plan this in tandem with my shows.. but it has turned against me...:sad2:

I'm going to check out the on-line menu and put my order on here. Hopefully someone can grab it and order for me!

Thanks everyone!! See y'all tomorrow!
Susie

BTW... ressies are under "Susie Harloff"

WDWBetsy
03-21-2008, 03:35 PM
Susie, I'll be happy to order for you. :thumbsup2

Sooze
03-22-2008, 09:26 AM
Susie, I'll be happy to order for you. :thumbsup2

Thanks!! I feel bad because I wanted to be there to get the table ready and be all "Disney-like".. but I'll be strolling in late...

If possible, could you grab me:

Diet Coke
Chicken Saltimbocca

if they don't have the chicken Saltimbocca, I'll just do Chicken Parm

Thanks SOOOOOOOOOo much! Can't wait to meet you later! I'll be in a bandana and really bad makeup:lmao:

disrailfan
03-22-2008, 12:27 PM
Wish we could have made this one. Keep me in the loop for the next time you guys all get together. We are leaving for Disney May 30th so hopefully we can have another one of these this summer.

ncsjodi
03-22-2008, 07:26 PM
Hi Everyone!

It was great meeting all of you tonight! We had a great time and the girls already want to get together again (especially with Aubree!). I'll post the pics I took later tonight!

Jodi

WDWBetsy
03-22-2008, 07:38 PM
Hi Everyone!

It was great meeting all of you tonight! We had a great time and the girls already want to get together again (especially with Aubree!). I'll post the pics I took later tonight!

Jodi

We had a wonderful time too! Everyone was so nice. Another meet would be great. We're still laughing at your girls befriending Aubree! She really liked them.

Looking forward to the pics. :grouphug:

scarlett873
03-22-2008, 08:14 PM
Gosh...you guys are quick!! :)

It was so much fun getting to meet everyone! Hopefully we can plan something next time where we won't be stretched clear across the room!

Looking forward to the next meet!

ADP
03-23-2008, 09:38 AM
Ditto! It was great meeting all of you. :) We should do it again this summer.

Sooze - Thanks for coordinating the meet! Hope the performance went well!

Sooze
03-23-2008, 12:16 PM
Hello everyone! I'm so sorry I had to breeze in and out in such a hurry!!! I really was happy to get to see real faces and try to put them with a screen name. The food was delicious, too. Next time, we definitely need to get our own room so we can make some better seating arrangement!

Thanks for coming out for the DIS meet... any pictures would be fun to see!

Here's one of me in costume (hanging out in the green room!)
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/sooze73/Theatre%20Stuff/SeriousFlannery.jpg

Later!

Disneypirate85
03-23-2008, 03:00 PM
I would have loved to attended! I just saw the link SORRY....If you do this again DW and I will try to attend..:goodvibes

WDWBetsy
03-24-2008, 09:35 AM
Hello everyone! I'm so sorry I had to breeze in and out in such a hurry!!! I really was happy to get to see real faces and try to put them with a screen name. The food was delicious, too. Next time, we definitely need to get our own room so we can make some better seating arrangement!

Thanks for coming out for the DIS meet... any pictures would be fun to see!

Here's one of me in costume (hanging out in the green room!)
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/sooze73/Theatre%20Stuff/SeriousFlannery.jpg

Later!

This pic of you is great!! Love your hair. :rotfl:

mkycrzy1971
03-25-2008, 09:03 AM
Sooze,

I am so sorry that I did not make the meet...I had every intention on coming and came down with the flu on Friday about 11pm...I was in bed (and the bathroom :scared1: ) all day Sat and finally started to feel better Sunday night. I realized I had missed everything when I finally got my mind back late last night, I was so mad at myself! Again, I am sorry...both that I did not get to meet everyone and that I did not contact you to let you know I would not be in attendance. I hope you all had a blast...maybe we can do it again when you will have more time to visit with everyone.

twinscandc
03-25-2008, 11:21 PM
I am also sorry we missed this!! I would love to be present for the next Indiana meet!!!!

I'm glad to hear that all of you had a great time!!

Becki

Sooze
03-26-2008, 12:37 PM
Sooze,

I am so sorry that I did not make the meet...I had every intention on coming and came down with the flu on Friday about 11pm...I was in bed (and the bathroom :scared1: ) all day Sat and finally started to feel better Sunday night. I realized I had missed everything when I finally got my mind back late last night, I was so mad at myself! Again, I am sorry...both that I did not get to meet everyone and that I did not contact you to let you know I would not be in attendance. I hope you all had a blast...maybe we can do it again when you will have more time to visit with everyone.

So sorry to hear about your ickiness!!:sad2: We will definitely need to schedule another meet (maybe this summer when we can do something outside).

I am also sorry we missed this!! I would love to be present for the next Indiana meet!!!!

I'm glad to hear that all of you had a great time!!

Becki

Sorry we didn't get to you in time. We can use the names on this thread as reference for the next time!

mkycrzy1971
03-27-2008, 09:09 AM
So sorry to hear about your ickiness!!:sad2: We will definitely need to schedule another meet (maybe this summer when we can do something outside).

That sound GREAT! We have very active teens (they are into softball) so I hope I do not have a conflict there...oh, to be the mother of two teenagers:eek:

ncsjodi
04-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Hi Everyone,

Well, I finally got around to pulling the pics off of my camera, so I thought I should post them. I didn't get pics of everyone, but wanted to share the few that turned out well.

First, here's a view of the end of the table:

http://dis.northcomp.com/dismeet.jpg
From LtoR: scarlett873 (Brandie), WDWBetsy (Betsy), Betsy's DD Aubree, Sooze (Susie), Betsy's DH (Jon), ADP (sorry, didn't get your real name).

Here's ADP, DW and daughter Anna:

http://dis.northcomp.com/adp.jpg

My DD6 Lauren really enjoyed sitting next to Anna. They worked the puzzles on the back of the menu and had lots of fun talking about mutual interests and school.

Finally, a picture of my girls and Aubree.

http://dis.northcomp.com/dismeetkids.jpg
Megan (DD4) and Lauren (DD6) had a great time entertaining Aubree.

What a great evening we had! We definitely need to plan another meeting, maybe at the zoo this summer!

WDWBetsy
04-04-2008, 07:50 PM
Those pics are great! Can't wait for the next meet. :thumbsup2

smjj
04-06-2008, 10:15 AM
Looks like you had had a good time. Sorry we were unable to make this DIS meet and hoping we will make the next. Keep us posted....smjj

disrailfan
04-10-2008, 09:53 PM
We are sorry that we missed it as well. Hopefully someone can put one of these together sometime in late June or early in July. We will make every attempt to make it to the meet if someone does. :cool1:

Appreciate seeing the pictures.