PDA

View Full Version : Reserving shuttle transport

rszdtrvl
02-03-2008, 11:08 AM
Do I need to reserve the shuttle to/from the airport? I have already paid for it and will get vouchers, so do I reserve the transportation or just go to the gate and hop on a bus? We are arriving into SNA.

Also, we plan on going to Knotts on April 1st and Universal on April 2nd. We have vouchers for the shuttle bus to/from on those days. I plan on making reservations with the bus. But for what time(s)? What time do I want to leave and return?

I know Universal is open from 10am-6pm. Do we want to stay the entire time? (I am guessing we will....) And Knotts is open the same hours. What time will we want to arrive/depart?

This is all new to me, as this is our first family trip to Disneyland.

So far our agenda is :

Arrive (Sat) March 29th @ 3:10pm - check into hotel (Camelot) - go to the parks.
March (Sun) 30th - Dinner at Goofy's Kitchen - play in the parks.
March (Mon) 31st - Possible dinner at ESPN, play at the parks.
April (Tue) 1st - Knotts Berry Farm, Disney in the evening.
April (Wed) 2nd - Universal Studios, Disney in the evening.
April (Thur) 3rd - Depart for home @12:35pm.

Any tips or hints or advice to give me?

Disneyluvr2
02-03-2008, 09:29 PM
So how did you pay for and get your shuttle voucher? Did you book with a travel agent? If so, I would think your reservations should already be made for you. I would check with whom ever you got your voucher from to find out for sure. I fly into SNA all the time but have never made a reservation for the shuttle. They're all lined up just waiting for you to arrive.

I can't be much help with Knott's or Universal. It's been a long time since I've been to Universal but I remember it took us about an hour to get there on the bus from DLR. So, if you're going to stay all day you won't be getting back until after 7:00 PM.

Someone else will probably be able to give you a little more info! Have fun!:)

rszdtrvl
02-03-2008, 10:17 PM
I made my reservations myself at Southwest Airlines.

The form says that reservations are required 48 hours in advance (but no word about making them earlier than that) and that there are specific departure times and pickup locations. And that they pick up from the hotel. At least for the Knotts.

For Universal it says to make reservations AT LEAST 48 hours in advance, and that transfers run from 7am until 9:30pm.

This is all so confusing, that I may just call tomorrow anyway to see when I can make the reservations. I would bet that Gray Line is used to harried travelers who have no idea what they are doing and can point me into the right direction anyway.