PDA

View Full Version : Lunn Poly - 10 day tickets - heres' what I found out

BevS97
03-07-2002, 09:00 AM
I just popped into Lunn Poly on my lunch break

they do have the 10 day tickets for 199 - and they are the actual tickets and not a voucher, BUT, they order them from Keith Prowse and they are delivered to the shop 10 days before you fly. It seems to be a Keith Prowse policy from what I can gather - I am not really sure which way to go, I don't like having to wait until 10 days before, but the price is so good...

I think I might give the travel agent an earlier date of travel - you can' t use these tickets if you are travelling before May 1st, so I might say that.

Bev

Hilary
03-07-2002, 09:22 AM
Thanks for that news, Bev - let us know what happens if you do try to use an earlier date, won't you?

jjcollins
03-07-2002, 09:47 AM
Hi Bev i knew this about lunn poly and i think there's another big chain who do the same . Why don't you book direct with KP.

www.keithprowsetickets.co.uk

or ring 028 90 232425

good luck............

jj............;)

Silver
03-07-2002, 10:00 AM
Bev, we booked our 10 day tickets through Keith Prowse (via Thomas Cook) last year and were told about the 10 days before. In the end we only got our tickets about 3 days before we flew out, partly I think because of an anthrax scare in Dublin at the time (we went in October). Needless to say I was panicking. We were assured that by hook or by crook we would get our tickets, even if they had to be couriered to us, and we did get them but it was a bit too last minute for my liking.

So if I were you and you have not booked the holiday with a travel agent I would use an earlier travel date. Surely they don't check on your travel plans.

AngieUK
03-07-2002, 10:24 AM
This is quite a dialema (sp) isn't it:( I really want to buy these tickets as they are such a good price but i just don't feel happy about getting them just 10 days before we fly either!! I'll go into lunn polly in the morning and see what my branch say about giving a different travel date.........i mean if they don't have an actual "start" date on them then i cant see a problem in getting them delivered in july ready for september!

AngieUK
03-07-2002, 11:21 AM
resorted to ringing lunn polly - i'm far too impatient to wait till tomorrow. The girl i spoke to said the same as the one Bev spoke to, that it is keith prowse policy to deliver the tickets 10 days before. However she said there was no problem with giving an earlier travel date - the only difference it makes is that you end up paying for your tickets earlier..........10 weeks before your travel date. So i'll be going to get mine tomorrow........working it out so i get them abot 4 weeks before i go i think :) :)

jjcollins
03-07-2002, 11:33 AM
Can i ask what the problem is with getting this TICKETS--[ not Vouchers ] 10 days before you fly. Correct me if i'am wrong but do your flight tickets not go out about 2 weeks before you go as well.......

I think it's a cracking DEAL.............IMHO

jj.......
;)

AngieUK
03-07-2002, 11:38 AM
I think it's just the worry that they may be late........10 days late LOL I'm sure there'd be no problem at all really but as Silver said earlier, there was a problem with hers and they only got them 3 days before. You never know what may happen and i'd just feel better having them in my grubby hands a bit earlier!!

jjcollins
03-07-2002, 11:47 AM
Can't understand the problem with Silver's tickets as Keith Prowse post out of Belfast Northern Ireland and not Dublin..........

Anyway still a great deal.....IMHO

jj............. :cool:

henrydog
03-07-2002, 12:06 PM
Hi everyone
I also went into Lunn Poly today and enquired about 10 day tickets.
I was told the deal was exactly as it said in Keith Prowse including a
character breakfast for 199, and you get actual tickets not vouchers.
Sounds pretty good to me.

eyoreaud
03-07-2002, 12:54 PM
Hi Everyone,

Just been catching up on some threads and we saw the ones about passes.

There was a thread about this before (it may have been a different one) and the word then was that you had to activate passes by 31st March and they were only valid for 21 days.

As we wern't arriving till night of 31st March we wouldnt have activeted them in time for the offer.

Could anyone advise us if this is still the case or if the offer has been extended?:confused:

Thanx a lot
Luv Audrey
XXXXXXXX;)

AngieUK
03-07-2002, 01:00 PM
Audrey
this offer is for people arriving from May 1st - i think the offer was till october 31st

eyoreaud
03-07-2002, 01:17 PM
How typical is it that they give you an offer from Jan to March and zilch till May!

And guess when we're going?

Thanx for info
Luv Audrey
:mad:
xxxxxxxxx

kazzie
03-07-2002, 01:17 PM
Hi
I work in TC and can tell you for a fact the tickets fairly often come LESS than 10 days before departure and have given clients a scare.I remember one woman was quite rightly doing her nut last year:(

Its a great idea to give an earlier departure date:D

BevS97
03-07-2002, 03:38 PM
Kazzie - is there anything on the ticket to indicate the date you've given them? I don't think they're should be, but I'm just a little worried that we might get there and be told, these tickets are only good from May 1-21st and it's May 31st now.

I guess that's silly really - I could easily be travelling elsewhere before I get to WDW (like if I was touring the country or something).

JJ - I am sure they will arrive, but it's just paranioa on my part. I already have my airline tickets because I bought them from KLM direct and not via a travel agent - I hate waiting until 10 days before for anything, it just doesn't leave a lot of time to fix things if there is a problem. However, one way or another i will go with this deal, I'm not paying more than this now that I know about this offer.

as for dates - I believe the tickets have to be activated after 1st May.

Bev

Silver
03-07-2002, 04:35 PM
Sorry meant to say anthrax scare in Belfast, not Dublin - doh !!!

Just to reiterate, we were really panicking about our tickets not arriving. Can't understand keith prowse 10 day before rule as I am sure we paid in full for our tickets about two months beforehand when we booked so why can't they be sent then? Does the travel agent keep hold of the money until 10 days before and only orders them then or am I being cynical?

Would use KP again as it is better to get the actual tickets and this is a great deal, but I would definitely bring forward my departure date by a couple of weeks !!!!

kazzie
03-08-2002, 02:45 AM
Bev

I'm sure they're just the regular tickets:D

StephenM
03-08-2002, 03:10 AM
We bought these from KP last year paid in full for them in Jan for our holiday in Oct when I realised that I wouldn't get the tickets untill 10 days before I just rang back and said I had changed our plans and we were now going in July. Wasnt a problem at all, they just sent the tickets as promised actual tickets not vouchers.

But if you think about it KP must be sitting on a lot of money and making someinterest!!

Janice
03-08-2002, 03:41 AM
When we went away for the Millennium - I wanted all the tickets etc as soon as I could because that is the way I am! I like to know I have paid for them and have them, it is just like being able to "tick" something else off the list!

We got our Passes etc from KP direct and I knew about the '10 Days Before Departure' rule, so I just brought the dates forward.

I dont like the idea of paying for something then having to wait months for it to arrive, in the meanwhile that person/company are making interest on the back of my hard earned money! Gee it's hard enought to come by anyway - let alone giving someone else the opportunity to get the interest.

The only problem I could see with the current query is that KP may well say that the tickets cannot be activated till May 1st anyway - so why would you want them prior to that?

I would say - well I am moving at some point in the very near future and I would prefer to have them safe rather than them getting lost during a "Change of Address" process.

Not that I think you would have to explain yourself anyway - you could be going to the USA for 3 months and only intend to use the tickets at the end of your vacation.

I dont think you will have any problems though - but it is good to have a backup scenario :)

Let us know what you decide and how you get on Bev :)

conker
03-08-2002, 04:26 AM
We bought our tickets direct from KP last time and they didn't arrive until 4 days before we were due to go. They told us that the reason for the delay was because they were waiting for the CduS confirmation of seats. Seems a bit odd, as I had ordered them months before.

Mindy

Sian
03-08-2002, 05:00 AM
I ordered my 10 day passes from World Wide Journeys a month ago. The cost was 225 but as we are not going until December the 199 deal didn't apply. However, I have had no tickets yet and they have debited my credit card for the full amount. I am hoping they are not thinking of hanging on to my money for 9 months. I think that is totally unreasonable. What if they go bust in the meantime? I have emailed them to this effect today. I gave the correct date for my holiday as with so many time limited 10 day passes about I wanted to make sure they sent me the correct ones and not the use by October ones.