PDA

View Full Version : Washington & Lincoln recess Feb 18th--Will the park be busier?

Tasscrapper
02-03-2008, 12:07 AM
I just discovered that Feb 18th is Washington & Lincoln Day and Utah kids all have it off. We were going to surprise our kids with a trip from the 18th to the 22nd but now I am second guessing. Does anyone know if the holiday will make a difference in park attendance?

DangerMouse
02-03-2008, 08:48 AM
President's Day weekend and the rest of the week is expected to have very high attendance. If you look at the DLR calendars, they have extended hours for the weekend and even during the week.

It's not just Utah kids that have it off, every school system in the US that I know of at least has Monday off, and several of them have the entire week off.

Disneyland is always going to feel busier than DCA, even on holiday weekends.

mindylovesmickey
02-03-2008, 10:42 AM
Oy! It seems like that week is going to be terrible busy! I don't know about record breaking busy (maybe?), but it seems like everyone and their brother is going to be there that week. There are still rooms available, but it seems to be pretty slim pickings and they seem to be getting more expensive instead of cheaper for even standard rooms. Good luck, we'll be there, too!

Monkey Monkey
02-03-2008, 02:53 PM
I have been to DL twice on Valentine's Day when it was during President's Weekend, and both times were crowded, but didn't feel as crowded as during the summer. Of course I'm sure the cooler temps had something to do with that!

I would recommend going early - the last time I was there on VDay/President's Weekend, they were turning people away later in the day because DL was FULL. It may have been more crowded because of the combination of holidays though.

Tasscrapper
02-03-2008, 07:01 PM
Thanks. I think we are going to have to seriously reconsider going now. Sigh. I ws so hoping to get away from snow for a bit.