PDA

View Full Version : Who can recommend a good Limo company in LA

hawkaye19
02-01-2008, 08:53 PM
We've received a few quotes from some Limo companies in LA for our arrival on the Magic.

Can anyone assist in recommending one they have had a good experience with. Internet searches only net you so much information and you just know they are only going to put the positive reviews on their site

Can anyone assist?

NostalgicDad
02-01-2008, 09:27 PM
We used Luken Limousine (http://luken-limousine.com/) from LAX to DL back in December and have no complaints. The driver that picked us up at the airport was not too personable but the one taking us back to the airport was really good. The car was a white stretch limo and seemed pretty clean on the inside. They were very prompt on both pickups.
They seem to get good reviews and also have an active permit with the California PUC, Transportation Carrier Information (http://docs.cpuc.ca.gov/tmis).

mariezp
02-01-2008, 09:42 PM
We had our hotel call a cab for us but a guy showed up from A Plus Limo with a town car. So while I can't vouch for their limo, I can say that our driver, Sunday, was extremely nice. I would like to think their limo service would provide good service as well. You might check them to see if you can find any other reviews. Also, their number, (714) 420-3873.

hawkaye19
02-03-2008, 04:21 PM
It's always good to get some 'inside' information

Thanks again

Cloei_13
02-06-2008, 04:35 PM
We've received a few quotes from some Limo companies in LA for our arrival on the Magic.

Can anyone assist in recommending one they have had a good experience with. Internet searches only net you so much information and you just know they are only going to put the positive reviews on their site

Can anyone assist?

We have always used U-R-There Limousine. http://www.u-r-there-limousine.com/. They have always had great rates, nice vehicles and we have never had any concerns with the drivers. We use their services about once-twice a year and have used cruise ship pick-ups with a drop off in Anaheim as well as airport transfers to LAX from Anaheim.

zonamom
02-06-2008, 05:56 PM
I've never hired a limo before, can someone give me an 'idea' of what kind of cost is involved. I will call too, but wanted to know what I'm in for first.

Cloei_13
02-06-2008, 06:23 PM
I've never hired a limo before, can someone give me an 'idea' of what kind of cost is involved. I will call too, but wanted to know what I'm in for first.

Typically, I end up paying just under $130 + tip for a transfer in a 6-8 passenger limo from the port in San Pedro to an Anaheim area hotel. They recommend 15-20% tip to the driver, but it's at your discretion. I think I remember paying about the same (give or take $20) for a one-way transfer from an Anaheim area hotel to LAX. Prices will vary depending on the day of week that you are going and if there are any local events (prom, etc) that are happening. For transfers like this, they usually have some bottled water/juice/pop in the limo for you to drink that's included in the price.

When I have used limos.com for quotes, I have received a great variance in rates... from $120 up to $220 for the same size vehicle. You can also check with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) if you want to check-up on a company.

Hope this helps you a bit!