PDA

View Full Version : Premium room at Candy Cane Inn

livinintexas
01-31-2008, 10:39 PM
We are going to DL June 2-7. This is a bonus trip and I have to keep the costs down a bit. I currently have a premium room booked, but I'm wondering if I need to spend the extra money. I do like the idea of the microwave, fridge, and breakfast delivered! Has anyone stayed here before? Thanks!

NostalgicDad
02-01-2008, 12:19 AM
We love the premium rooms with the in-room breakfast being the best part for us. You should be satisfied.

ter-moo
02-01-2008, 09:47 AM
Personally, I just get the Deluxe rooms there. They're the same rooms (sometimes you even luck out and get a microwave...) and it's cheaper than the premium.

You can take a tray from your room and go GET breakfast for everyone to bring back to the room. It's really close to the breakfast area, as the hotel isn't very big.

If you're trying to save money, I'd downgrade. Otherwise, stick with what you've got.

mindylovesmickey
02-01-2008, 10:48 AM
I honestly think it depends on how much time you are going to actually spend in the room. Having all the amenities is nice if you like to take breaks from the park and hang out in your room a while, watch tv, take naps. A microwave is only necessary if you are going to use it. If it's just a place to sleep, shower, eat breakfast, then maybe you don't really need a Premium.

We had been going to stay there in the Premium rooms for this next trip, but we decided to go ahead and stay onsite. We wanted the premium rooms since they are bigger and have all the amenities, and we planned on spending some actual time in the room to take breaks and stuff since we will be there for 5 days. And the option of having breakfast brought to our room in the mornings was a great thing as well.

Sally_fan
02-01-2008, 11:40 AM
We had a Premuim room when we stayed there in May & LOVED it. Breakfast being delivered to the room was so nice. No need to rush down, it comes right to you, exactly as ordered. The microwave was so handy. Now I have never stayed in a Deluxe or a Standard room there so I can't compare but I do know that our stay there in the Premium Room there was one of the best that we have ever had anywhere. All of the welcome amenities just made it so special. Oh & we really appreciated the biscotti that they left for us every day too! lol

jocotter
02-01-2008, 02:21 PM
I've stayed in all the types and I don't mind getting out and getting the breakfast, so we stay in the deluxe or regular most of the time. In December, I had a room by myself and had asked for the regular, but got a deluxe. I sort of like picking out my own fruit and rolls and fixing my coffee the way I like, so I was fine. I guess it depends on how much having the amenities is worth to you.