PDA

View Full Version : Wickedly Creative people NEEDED to help for surprise for the Wife! CLUE 3 POSTED!!

peezee
01-31-2008, 06:40 PM
HELP!! I need your HELP!! I am in over my head, but need to pull off the surprise of the year!!

A little background: My wife and I have a little tradition of taking anniversary trips each year without the urchin(s). Typically what happened is that if it is an “odd” anniversary year, my wife would plan the trip and if it is an “even” year, I am in charge of the plan. I, of course, being a DIS’er tend to be a little bit more anal about the planning of these trips and tend to get a little elaborate – which fortunately the wifey loves.

Now as we have gotten older, and the children have mainly grown (she gave me 2 from a previous *ahem* marriage and we have one together, our first two are now “adults” leaving us with just a 12 y/o at home) and we have a little bit more money, the trips have gotten a little bigger. Originally they started out as an overnight stay, then progressed to a weekend stay somewhere in the Midwest area, then Vegas, etc.

For our 10 year anniversary, I surprised her with a cruise, but I also made up “poems” of 10 lines each, giving her “clues” as to where we going. I started by sending her 10 flowers 10 weeks before our 10th anniversary date with 10 lines of poetry explaining what was going to happen, and planned to give her clues once a week. Unfortunately, she loved the idea so much, she *made* me give her the clues much faster – that and google tripped me up. However, I’d like to do it again for our 14th anniversary; this time around, the clues will be harder, the rules more firm, and the anticipation will be constantly building.

Oddly, with all of our travels (10 cruises, 15 trips to Vegas, multiple trips to Florida, California, etc) She has never stepped foot into any of the parks at Walt Disney World. Just last year, we actually stayed in Orlando, went bar hopping by monorail at WDW, had dinner at the California Grill, watching “Wishes” from the balcony, and went to Pleasure Island twice – but we wound up visiting Sea World and Busch Gardens.

One other year with the kids, we mainly stayed in Orlando, but went to Daytona, both Universal Parks, Jeykll Island and more, but on the day we were supposed to go to the Magic Kingdom, both of us had horrible sunburn from our time on Daytona Beach and literally couldn’t walk – thereby scuttling that part of the trip.

Personally, I hadn’t been to a Disney Park since I was 16 but have long harbored a secret ambition to go back so these setbacks were crushing, but it just never seem to get high enough on her priority board to schedule a trip to do so – until I stumbled upon the DIS and learned about free dining last year.

Knowing that my wife didn’t necessarily harbor the same Disney dreams as I, I gathered up the courage to ask if I could take the youngest to Disney in late August for a (too)-short stay. I even volunteered to have my allowance cut, as well as giving up some other bargaining chips not appropriate for a family website. Once she said muttered the magic words, “Sure, go ahead – have fun” I quickly booked. Trust me – it was a fair trade!!

Well my youngest and I had those 4 ½ days which were even more fun than I had possibly anticipated, and I quickly figured that my wife would absolutely love to go, especially Epcot but would enjoy most of the others as well, because it’s not really about the “thrill” rides, but more the experience and the ambience and of course, the magic.

I currently have her believing that the two of us will take a quickie trip around Labor day, because after my 900+ photos and other descriptions, she is finally starting to “sort of” get it and it has slowly, but surely moved up on the priority list.

But in reality, when I went in August is was too hot – and the dinner crowds were nearly out of control, and probably MOST importantly there won’t be the Garden & Flower show. My wife loves to garden – slowly but surely, she is taking over our entire yard with plants and flowers – the dogs are trying their best to slow the advance of foliage, but there is only so much they can do.

So I have planned this as our anniversary trip – I have reservations at POFQ (couldn’t quite pull the trigger for any of the deluxe resorts), 5-day passes and the DDP for four nights. I tried to find either the most interesting or romantic restaurants or areas to visit. I really only plan on being in the parks in the morning, with the exception of one fuller day at Epcot (we will go here twice) Again, it’s not going to be the attractions so much, as it will be the magic of just being.

This will allow for naps (something she adores), but will also allow us to visit some of the other resorts, take a boat trip from POFQ to DTD, spend a night on the Boardwalk, spend some time at the Adventurers Club and enjoy some quality restaurants, such as Coral Reef, Spoodles, Kona Café and Le Cellier, and most importantly, some snuggle time. ;-)

So after this extremely long-winded introduction, you’ll remember I asked for Wicked Creative help – here is what I need. I need ideas, I need verses, in short I need some people with more talent than me to help me pull this off.

I already have given her the first clue, listed below, as well as the official “rules” – I noticed near her computer she wrote down Lake Tahoe – which is good – but for the next few clues, I want her to be as far away as possible, yet without “lying” to her. I know she will be sharing these clues with her friends and co-workers so they have to be tough, yet fair – best yet, will be clues with possible double meanings!!

Below are the rules and the first clue, perhaps this will allow you, the dear reader, to see the battle I am facing.

RULES

1.) I will not answer any questions, including what the destination is, EVEN if you guess it, unless you are able to answer at least 50% of the clues given – to be honest some are really obscure, BUT with enough research and some luck their meaning will be come clear.
2.) I will give you one sheet of clues each week, but not necessarily the same day each week. For purposes of definition, a week is defined from Sunday-Saturday.
3.) For the previous weeks clue I will provide a new sheet the following with the actual lines that were indeed true clues italicized. Some lines are just filler.
4.) Clues will not necessarily always be given to you, some may have to be “found” – so keep your eyes peeled.
5.) Swearing and cursing at me because I have spent more time on this than you have is not allowed and will possibly result in the LOSS of your next clue.
6.) I reserve that right to add more rules as I see fit.

Have fun!!!

CLUE #1

So you want to do this once agin,
Now it’s up to me, to figure where to begin.

Making a new fourteen lines of prose
One for each successful year, I ‘spose

What a challenge you make for me
As I ain’t no Mr. Arlo Guthrie

You’d like to know where we go
But to me, that’s all part of the show

The only problem is, I can’t make this easy - no sirree
I gotta make this last at least through the end of Februaree…

Broaden your mind to focus on the World we make.
I’d advise it best to put your attention on a good view lake.

Yes indeed, there were a few clues in these verses
One only hopes, there were enough to stop your curses.

The clues in the above are as follows

Line 6 – Arlo Guthrie is performing at the flower/garden festival while we are there
Line 8 – The show – all of Disney is considered a show, hence the term cast members
Line 11 – The World – either Walt Disney World, or the World showcase (this is going to be my one white lie, I am not going to italicize this one, I think she might latch on to it)
Line 12 – Good view Lake – loosely translated in Spanish to Lake Buena Vista

Some further ideas I have for future verses will include

Stacy, from the TV show broadcast in the resorts
Flower and Garden Festival – changed to be google proof.
Tony ORLANDO & Dawn or a reference to a yellow ribbon…
The cellar – for Le Cellier
Cirque references
Pin Trading

But in reality, I think the list is endless – but I need YOUR help to help me create ideas – perhaps you have some offbeat words I can rhyme, perhaps you have a verse or two – any help will be appreciated, because I have to create over 200 lines of poetry – and as you can tell from above, it’s not my strong suit.

In exchange, I will post the clues I give her here so you too can play along – deal? DEAL!!

Thanks
Paul

DisneyLandMan
01-31-2008, 07:22 PM
i really like ur ideas and i see u put a lot of thought into this and i am truly jealous, i wish i could surprise teh gf right now, but funds are low, so ill just live vicariously through you. maybe its just me, but teh good view lake is a little obvious. especially if she is having others help her with it. anybody with some spanish insight would get that one, and if that person just so happens to have been to disney before, they surely know lake buena vista. ill respond back in here a little later when i think of something good. good luck in teh mean time.

cabanafrau
01-31-2008, 08:06 PM
Somehow you've definitely got to work in a castle hint, but of course that's very tricky because it could be such a giveaway. I'm not quite sure how yet, but I'd probably somehow focus it on the murals. They are made of glass w/ silver and gold in the mix also. Glass, silver & gold are of course all traditional gifts for various anniversary years, or you could utilize the colors or even something like not wanting your plan to make her red with rage, but all of her friends green w/ envy, since those are used to depict the stepsisters.

WDWguru
01-31-2008, 08:45 PM
Wow - this is FANTASTIC!!! I love the subtle way you are tying the clues in. I'm going in May and I didn't get half of them!

I think you should tie in dreams, for the year of a million dreams celebration, and also something about magic for Disney magic. Pixie dust is always a good reference for Disney, too.

A lovely, romantic, and very good and unique restaurant on property to try that you may not know much about is Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I would try to work that into your plans.

I hope you'll keep this thread going and update us with your further clues! I can't wait to hear more about how this plays out.

collcass
01-31-2008, 09:01 PM
you are that guy. Wow, I think I'll post this on our fridge to tell my husband he needs to do stuff like this :O)

Good luck and have a terrific time.

dbarker
01-31-2008, 09:07 PM
Just brainstorming:

You could drop hints about a country or two at WS, but not many--that would be a dead give-away.
EX: "dive" for pearls in Japan, ride a viking ship in Norway, visit an Incan temple in Mexico, go across the English Channel (the bridge between "England" and "France"), see Colonial America (they do that in Williamsburg, VA), visit a winery in Italy or France

You could mention visiting where the President resides (Hall of Presidents)

I would definitely play up the "shows" and "costumes" (think Vegas). You could work in Cirque w/ this line also. (but I would change the word to "Circus")

I think I would pick one area of the world and make all the clues fit that area. (Vegas could be the lake (Tahoe), the shows, the costumes (head and wardrobe), the (Disney) Dollars, the characters ("you could meet some real goofy characters there"). Isn't there a hotel in Vegas that looks like a castle? (I've never been) Are you doing a water park? Blizzard Beach has "snow" and "slopes" and a "ski jump". Don't forget the mountains (Splash, Big Thunder, Space). And don't forget all the shopping (DTD).

That's all I can think of right now.

Good luck and have fun.

dbarker
01-31-2008, 09:20 PM
I thought of something else:

You could incorporate "movies", the studio, and "Hollywood" (Tower of Terror)

The Great Movie Ride has a Wild West adventure and a Gangster adventure. There is also a lot of memorabilia about Walt's movie making techniques and equipment.

peezee
01-31-2008, 11:13 PM
Thanks all for the ideas and help - still would love more.

DisneyLandMan - I hope you are wrong about the good view lake, I think one thing I haev going in my favor there is being from the midwest, we aren't exposed to a lot of Mexican/Spanish influence - we think TacoBell is real mexican food.

Cabanafrau - I like the castle idea IF I can tie it in with something over seas; we have passports and we've talked about doing Europe in the near future, so if I can lead her that way for at least a couple weeks I'd be happy. Thanks for the ideas!

WDWGuru - I promise to keep posting as long as I keep getting help! So far so good, but I'm not above plagiarizing someone else's work either - so feel free to write some lyrics. Regarding the restaurants, my son and I did Boma and I love AKL, so we are going definitely tour it and see the savanna, but if I change my ADR's any more, I'll probably go nuts.

Collcass - It works both ways, if she didn't appreciate this it wouldn't nearly be as much fun, but when she lights up when she thinks a clue is near, it makes it all worthwhile.

DBarker - Great ideas, definitely will include them - I just need a few weeks of making her think as far away as possible, if she narrows in on the states, she's smart enough to zoom in on this - whereas if she thinks it's overseas her knowledge is a little bit more limited. (There's the problem with smart girls, you have to think harder to outwit them...)

I'm still looking for help - as she is due a clue by Saturday, so fire up boys and girls and give me a hand!!!

Dustin & Shelby's Mom
01-31-2008, 11:17 PM
Perhaps something about a Limo ride through the streets of Hollywood!

Eeyore2003
02-01-2008, 12:21 AM
Sorry I don't have anything for your poems, but just a couple romantic suggestions of things to do.

Don't forget to plan in walking around World Showcase at night. Very romantic.

Also, there is a service called, Gifts of a Lifetime. It's pricey though. I used it one time and it was wonderful. Read some of the things they've done. Really special!!! Just sounds like something you'd like to surprise her with and it's very different. Again, it is pretty pricey though.

Mysteria
02-01-2008, 12:56 AM
This is such an amazing thing to do for her. I love it!! Grats to you for being such a romantic. :cheer2:

Now my brain is more on fizzle than creative lately but if a light bulb goes off I'll let you know. :idea: :laughing:

eta:
As we arrive at number two
do you as yet have any clue

You know how much I love you dear
A haunted place you should not fear.

Although this trip will be a dream
There may be times when you will scream.

Though please don't worry 'bout a thing
Nothing will go wrong in the beautiful spring.

Speaking of spring for which you care
Do you smell flowers in the air?

Look here, look there, look everywhere
It's possible to see a bear

Oh me, oh my what have I done
That game hunter might have a gun.

Ok I gave it a shot. :laughing: use any of it or use none of it. Was fun to do either way.

Line 4 - Haunted Mansion
Line 5- year of a million dreams
line 6 - anything attraction she may scream on
7, 8, 9 & 10 the spring and the flower and garden festival
11 & 12 - country bears
13 & 14 - Animal Kingdom/AKL/ Safari/ and more

Myst

belle41379
02-01-2008, 06:57 AM
I have to echo what PP's have said...I'm no poet, but do have an idea for you.

You could use art as part of a clue. The Art of Disney store in DTD has BEAUTIFUL artwork. The mosaic in the Castle is also unbelievable. Feel free to laugh uncontroably at my lines! :) :rotfl:

1. We'll wander through and see some art,
wow, aren't these guys really smart?

2. Lots of tiny pieces lay,
seeing these might make your day.

3. We'll see the sights but will not miss,
the chance to steal a little kiss.

4. We'll see the lovely, beautiful sights,
we might even see a lot of lights.

5. If we need to rest our brains,
we'll hop aboard a magical train.

6. Is that beautiful music that you hear,
or just whispered sweet nothings in your ear?

1: Art of Disney or the Castle
2: The mosaics in the Castle
3: Wandering through ANYWHERE :)
4: Walking through WS, MK, or DTD. You will see twinkling lights at some WS countries, in the trees at MK, and at DTD. "Lights" could also refer to fireworks.
5. Could either mean the train in MK, or the monorail.
6. The music all over Disney is amazing! Especially during the nightly fireworks.

Again, feel free to laugh! :) Hope I've helped a little.

belle41379
02-01-2008, 07:11 AM
I thought of another idea. You could make reference to the beach (could be at a water park, or the resorts around MK.

Let's have a stroll along the beach,
a romantic night is within your reach.

Having a picnic on the beach,
a romantic time is within your reach.

The second could refer to having a picnic snack while watching the electric water pagent.

Okay...I might get hooked on this! Sorry in advance :rotfl: :rolleyes1

BluOrchid2
02-01-2008, 07:17 AM
I love this guy! WOW, incredible effort! Can't wait to see how this one plays out.

My only thought at the moment - sorry, rushed to get ready for work right now, is that maybe you should capitalize all three words in Good View Lake.

VERY NICE!!!!!!!!!

peezee
02-01-2008, 07:41 AM
Work intervenes - more tonight, but there are definitely a few lines I'm going to "lift" and use, maybe not in this weeks clue but the ones I will use as I get closer to re-steering her back to the "real" answer.

Stay tuned - I hope to post next weeks clue tonight!!

p.s. if anyone had any great ideas for places to "hide" these clues, I'd be listening as well

See ya tonight!!

nyyankeegirl
02-01-2008, 07:42 AM
I'm sorry I can't help, but I'm not creative in this way at all-- but I just wanted to say how wonderful this is!! I would just die if my husband would put this much effort into something for me. You two must have a lot of "spark" in your marriage! :rolleyes1
I'll be lurking to see how this turns out! Good luck.... :flower3:

Jazmine8
02-01-2008, 07:44 AM
Subscribing...this is a great thread only wish I could add to it. Now where can I get a guy like you cloned cause I'm still searching for my Dis/Disney prince charming :lmao: I'll post this link on the other boards I'm subscribed too and enlist some more help if possible. Good luck and great poems and ideas everyone! :thumbsup2

5DisneyNuts
02-01-2008, 07:48 AM
Also, there is a service called, Gifts of a Lifetime. It's pricey though. I used it one time and it was wonderful. Read some of the things they've done. Really special!!! Just sounds like something you'd like to surprise her with and it's very different. Again, it is pretty pricey though.

I need some more coffee before I can muster up poetry! Just wanted to mention that I used Gifts of a Lifetime for my 20th anniversary trip and they were wonderful. My husband and boys still talk about it.
We met in EPCOT and they designed a scavenger hunt type event ending with a romantic moment that we could all share. We saw parts of the World Showcase that I normally wouldn't see. Plus, all involved were so nice!
They have a Web site with more info if you are interested....You could incorporate a clue that says something like "around the world in 80 minutes" (see told ya I needed coffee)
Anyway, you have great ideas! I hope you have a wonderful time.

Disney Fool
02-01-2008, 07:55 AM
OOH, ...I have one!

Here's a clue you may not miss...
It's from a song that goes like this...

"Some Enchanted evening, you may meet a stranger
You may meet a stranger--across a crowded room."

(referencing Disney's new move "Enchanted" and of course, crowds! She'll probably think it refers to some South Pacific Island--and it could, because of the Polynesian Resort)

blondinkaya
02-01-2008, 08:11 AM
Can you mentor my husband? :lmao: We'll be celebrating our 14th anniversary this summer. In the card he gave me for our anniversary last year, he'd written "Happy 14th!" :rotfl: I told him I'd save the card for this year.

Yes, I still love him all the same ... :laughing: But he could still use some mentoring!

jjbescher
02-01-2008, 08:17 AM
Do you have a fish tank?

If so, you could put the clues in the fish tank one day(In a plastic bag first).

Something to do with Swimming with the Dolphins.

jon

belle41379
02-01-2008, 08:25 AM
I'm SUCH a sucker for stuff like this! :rotfl:

Hiding places:

In her car visor (so it falls down on her when she lowers it).
In a cereal box
"Mail" them
If you are planning on sending flowers again, you could put short clues on the card.
Write the clues on yoru bathroom mirror with a dry erase marker
Write them on a poster board and hang them in front of her car the night before.
You could put them in the washer/dryer :confused3
Under her pillow
In a shoe
Tape them above the shower (where they won't get wet)
Tape them to the back of a cereal box or juice carton
Enlist the kids. Have the older ones call and give 2 clues each, then have the 12yo give her the rest that same night.
Turn them into a scrolling screen saver on her computer.

Raenstoirm
02-01-2008, 08:39 AM
If you want to keep her going for awhile, get her stuck on Europe. Castles, white sand beaches, plants she's never seen, old world charm (Epcot, resorts, main street shops), "step back in time" (from Tot to the Prime time café to many many of the resorts), experience a new culture (too many to name)

kaitlin-n-mom
02-01-2008, 08:40 AM
I am really not very poetic, I just wanted to say what a sweet man you are for putting so much thought into this.

P.S. Do you have a single brother? :rotfl:

LilGMom
02-01-2008, 08:54 AM
Your wife is a lucky lady!! I'll have to show this thread to my DH! ;)

I'm not a poet (and I don't even play one on tv) but since you are staying at POFQ (lovely resort) you should work something in about Mardi Gras (aka Fat Tuesday, Pancake Day, or the day before Ash Wednesday), beads, stone walkways, horse drawn carriage (which is something you two should definately do in the evening), "Laissez Les Bon Temps Roule!!" which means 'Let the good times roll', beignets (aka fluffy doughnuts, lol), or anything tied to the resort or New Orleans would be good.

Good luck and I can't wait to read more!

Jazmine8
02-01-2008, 09:34 AM
bump

RustManFan
02-01-2008, 10:14 AM
I love to write poetry! Here are some clues for you. Hope you like them!

I want to show you the world
And let our dreams take flight
We’ll soar as on a kite
Across the tranquil seas
So join me, if you please

To dine at exotic table
With music from tale or fable

We’ll delight with perfume of flowers
In magical, creative bowers

Wishes may be granted
Near a palace flashed with light
Or as we gaze at silven orb
Aglow in sunshine or by fire’s flight

Imagine, if you will
The joy, the surprise, the thrill

As we view the sights iconic
And glorious stalks botanic

What fantastic time we’ll share
As a romantic, happy pair

A fantasy come true
On life’s journey, loved by you

Macca1111
02-01-2008, 11:45 AM
Thanks all for the ideas and help - still would love more.

DisneyLandMan - I hope you are wrong about the good view lake, I think one thing I haev going in my favor there is being from the midwest, we aren't exposed to a lot of Mexican/Spanish influence - we think TacoBell is real mexican food.

I don't have anything yet in the creative department, but I did want to say that I don't think she'll get it from this. One, the English is such an awkward translation that even though it's correct, it doesn't make me think Lake Buena Vista. Two, I know she'll be dissecting this pretty carefully, but until you pointed out that it was a clue, I missed it, and I speak Spanish and have been to WDW 9 times...can't wait to see this week's clue!

RustManFan
02-01-2008, 12:11 PM
Wondrous, Adventureous, Laughter, Terrific, Delicious, Imaginative, Spectacular, Natural, Exciting, Youthful, Wild, Outstanding, Romantic, Legendary, Delightful

Tinks1984
02-01-2008, 12:12 PM
Firstly, fantastic idea!! You're a wonderful Husband to be going through all this to suprise your wife!!

Now, I'm not down with the poetry, but hiding places, lets see:

- Does your wife 'clock in' or go to a specific place each day in work? Maybe you could get a co-worker to leave an envelope there with her name on.

- Do you have any pets with collars? Tie a message onto their collars and leave them to wonder around with it on there. Make it small enough not to notice straight away, but not take too long.

- Maybe have a 'garden' treasure hunt. Hide mini clues to lead to the main clue throughout the garden.

If I think of more I'll tag them on...btw, I'll be keeping watch on this post to see the developments!

Again, you're wonderful!! :thumbsup2

mrp4352
02-01-2008, 12:36 PM
P.S. Do you have a single brother? :rotfl:

Kaitlin-n-mom beat me to the punch! :laughing:

Now, down to work...

You could do a whole holiday related poem: Mardi Gras (POFQ), Christmas (Winter/Summerland Minigolf, Christmas/snowman scene in MGM), 4th of July (Carosel of Progress - actually, that has several holidays), Valentines (any romantic evening you have planned), New Years Eve (Pleasure Island).

Jazmine8
02-01-2008, 02:51 PM
I love to write poetry! Here are some clues for you. Hope you like them!

I want to show you the world
And let our dreams take flight
We’ll soar as on a kite
Across the tranquil seas
So join me, if you please

To dine at exotic table
With music from tale or fable

We’ll delight with perfume of flowers
In magical, creative bowers

Wishes may be granted
Near a palace flashed with light
Or as we gaze at silven orb
Aglow in sunshine or by fire’s flight

Imagine, if you will
The joy, the surprise, the thrill

As we view the sights iconic
And glorious stalks botanic

What fantastic time we’ll share
As a romantic, happy pair

A fantasy come true
On life’s journey, loved by you

Wow your good!:thumbsup2 I have never had a knack for this kind of stuff.

Saa62
02-01-2008, 03:47 PM
For your sake lets hope she doesn't have any Disney friends that know about these boards.

Although it could be a neat thing towards the end of your game, if she still has not figured it out to hint something relating to the Disboards that might lead her to this thread. Think of the emotions she would have if she saw how long this went on and how much support you received for your idea.

I am not a romantic and even if I were, a surprise trip to WDW would not be possible because my wife and I are severely addicted to the mouse.

I too will be lurking to see how this turns out. Best of luck on your quest.

peezee
02-01-2008, 03:53 PM
For your sake lets hope she doesn't have any Disney friends that know about these boards.

Although it could be a neat thing towards the end of your game, if she still has not figured it out to hint something relating to the Disboards that might lead her to this thread. Think of the emotions she would have if she saw how long this went on and how much support you received for your idea.

I am not a romantic and even if I were, a surprise trip to WDW would not be possible because my wife and I are severely addicted to the mouse.

I too will be lurking to see how this turns out. Best of luck on your quest.

I'm still at work, but just checked in real quick - funny you mention that because I was going to use the reference "largest forum in world" somewhere in the upcoming weeks - does any one know if that statement is true??

More later tonight!!

P&L@WDW
02-01-2008, 05:12 PM
This is such a great idea. I’m sure your wife will love it. And there’s so much at Disney that misdirecting her should be easy!

Okay, I don’t have any full poems, but here’s a few you could use!

Beneath the tower we can stand
Arm in arm, hand in hand,

And of course, we will not miss
Experiencing a goodnight kiss.

Referencing the ‘Goodnight Kiss’, but it could also be thinking kissing under the Eifle Tower in Paris.

Around the world in less than 80 days
Could thrill us both in so many ways.

Referencing the world showcase, but the book to which the ‘title’ refers has a lot of the setting actually happening in Europe.

We can stroll along the river bank
Where the artist works on his canvas blank.
It looks like he has taken a break,
Let’s go look out over the lake.

Referencing the painting in progress on the painter’s easel which is on the bank in France at Epcot. Also, the lake at the center of World Showcase. But it also tends to add to the ‘french’ flavour of some of the other clues.

dbarker
02-01-2008, 07:59 PM
I'm still at work, but just checked in real quick - funny you mention that because I was going to use the reference "largest forum in world" somewhere in the upcoming weeks - does any one know if that statement is true??

More later tonight!!

This may be really weird, but your reference to "largest forum in world" has me picturing the Coliseum ruins in Rome. :confused3

peezee
02-01-2008, 08:06 PM
This may be really weird, but your reference to "largest forum in world" has me picturing the Coliseum ruins in Rome. :confused3

EXACTLY!!!!

I'm looking for mis-direction, especially early on, so the more "confusing" the clues the better.

I have clue 2 almost done, but I think for sure I'm gonna make the forum in clue 3.

heehee heehee

MousekaMaddi
02-01-2008, 08:35 PM
.....lovin that forum idea........that will definately throw her off........

peezee
02-01-2008, 10:06 PM
I'm impressed folks - there were some great ideas - I used one of them in this weeks poem (Thanks Mysteria!!) but definitely plan to use some of the other ideas as well.

As I've stated before I really like the clues that could have multiple meanings - I really don't want DW guessing this in the first few weeks - that would waste all your fine efforts as well.

P&L@WDW - I really like the goodnight kiss idea, especially since that would be so obscure to someone who doesn't peruse these boards - roughly translated to include those that have an actual life...

RustManFan - I bow to your greatness, sorry to make a mockery of poetry with my feeble attempts; I'm half-think of trying to do a clue is haiku, and maybe another alliteratively, but that for sure would be some serious effort.

Tinks1984 - your creative attempts at hiding the clues are wonderful, but I probably should have told you that I'm from the Twin Cities, and it's a little cold right now to get into the garden, never mind the snow cover ;-)

Unfortunately, I do NOT have any brothers, let alone single ones but I thank you for the compliments - I don't consider myself overly romantic, but it's fun once in awhile to do something special for the wifey - to me it's an investment that pays me great dividends!!

peezee
02-01-2008, 10:16 PM
Clue number two is here and done
Wishing for you that this is still fun

This place that you seek is neither here nor there
To be there in time, we must arrive by air

Everything far and near is neat and clean;
But the Fish and Chips are considered fine cuisine

Take a gander at the nearest lily and frond
But it may take a while to cross a pond

Though please don't worry 'bout a thing
Nothing will go wrong this beautiful spring.

Fourteen lines each week is a difficult task
The sweat on my brow, I do not mask

I’m done for now, as you must surmise
Any more clues would ruin the big surprise

Line 4 - we have to fly from the mid-west, but hopefully the other clues lead her to think further away
Line 5 - Disney's legendary cleanliness
Line 6 - Rose and Crown food, but trying to lead her to think England
Line 7 - Flower & Garden Festival
Line 8 - sort of meant to mislead, but there is enough water at Disney to qualify
Line 10 - a reference to Flower & Garden Festival

crzyred
02-02-2008, 12:26 AM
You will be teaching classes at some point to other men about how to do this, right????

Seriously, you have me almost in tears here. You are one heck of a guy!:thumbsup2

Tinks1984
02-02-2008, 05:31 AM
Loving the next clue Peezee!!

You've had me sat thinking about more hiding places most of yesterday :rotfl: Shame about the snow in the garden, maybe you could move the 'treasure hunt' into the house where it's a little warmer :confused3

By the way, when is your trip planned for? And how's DW doing with clue number two? :)

Jazmine8
02-04-2008, 06:23 AM
bump

DisneyaHolic23
02-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Clue number two is here and done

Take a gander at the nearest lily and frond
But it may take a while to cross a pond

Line 8 - sort of meant to mislead, but there is enough water at Disney to qualify

Hey, the crossing the pond could definitely refer to the Friendship boats that take you across the World Showcase Lagoon. Sometimes you do have to wait in line, and the trip across takes a bit of time...

Also, the lily and frond can also be found in China's water garden!

This sure is fun!

DisneyWorld Delight
02-04-2008, 12:01 PM
subscribing.

Can give her 14 gift clues instead of lines one week? Or eliminate a line and substitute a gift clue weekly.

A collection of things you can purchase in the world.

DownTown Disney Gifts:
A bath ball from Basin.

A carmel square of Chocolate from Ghiradelli (think San Francisco)

Radko ornament

A crystal (Arribas Brothers )

A bathing suit.

Harley Davidson hankerchief (this should throw her off)

A cigar

Folk Art (House of Blues, but also POFQ?)

Magic trick (Las Vegas Baby, for sure!)

A new random cd (Virgin Megastore) (Make it the Beatles for the UK.) (OR Madonna, Like a Virgin)

Boardwalk Gifts: (I couldn't think of much here. It's all Disney Merchandise.)

ESPN merchandise (this should throw her off too.)

World Showcase Gifts: possibilites here are endless

Troll (Norway)

Wine

Funnel Cake & a Coke(America)

Guinness Stout & a tea cup(UK)

Maple Syrup

French Perfume

OK, I have to get back to my regularly scheduled life, but thanks for the FUN diversion.

OH...just had an AWESOME idea. Get your wife an ipod. Download an unplugged podcast for her where Pete and the Unplugged team reveal a clue or even the final destination. Lure her in by other means then she will be shocked when they start talking to her personally. Or you can always just have her "Listen Now" right thru the computer.

(disclaimer: I in no way have any idea if the Unplugged Team will do this. But, it NEVER hurts to ask.)

Ennazus8810
02-04-2008, 05:26 PM
Subscribing.
This is an amazing idea. My DH is taking me to Disney for our 1st Anniv, and you give me hope for the future:lovestruc

peezee
02-04-2008, 08:02 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind words and ideas - I will be working on this weeks clue on Wednesday - so stay tuned!!

As always, ideas still welcomed.

BTW, the wife was trying to prod me last night, and did mention England - It took every ounce of energy to keep a straight face!!

I so have her right where I want her at the moment --- heehee.

Paul

dbarker
02-04-2008, 09:35 PM
I love your idea of sticking w/ a European theme for the time being. I'm not poet and have no imagination, but some things to mention:

England:

There's a shop that sells Tea and china tea cups. There is also the Grand Tea at the Grand Floridian.

You can look up your ancestry at the Crown & Crest, and don't forget the Kilts

There are often street actors

There is a beautiful garden. Epcot also has beautiful rose gardens.

The bridge that goes between "England" and "France" represents crossing the English Channel (the water represents the English Channel)

Then, onward to "France":

an Eifel Tower replica

a French perfumery

a wine shop

a shop w/ dinnerware from the Provence region of France

I'm sure there's more, but I cannot think of anything else right now.

calypso*a*go-go
02-04-2008, 10:51 PM
This is such a wonderful idea. :goodvibes Now, I don't want to be a fly in the ointment...but will DW be disappointed if she thinks she's going somewhere in Europe and ends up in Florida? Keep the details coming!

Mysteria
02-05-2008, 06:52 PM
Love the second clue! Keep us posted.

peezee
02-06-2008, 09:17 PM
Here we go again, once again I've "borrowed" a verse, (thanks P&L) - I'm also taking a large risk with line 4, but my gut feeling is I've disguised it well enough. Only time will tell.

Calypso, to be honest, I think my wife will be relieved to find out we aren't flying for 9 hours for a 5 day vacation. BTW, someone asked, we are going 4/30 (our anniversary) through 5/4.

CLUE # 3

Are you game for Crumpets and tea -
Or would you just like to see clue number three?

Got this bit from an intrepid news reporter
Some people say you will need a passport-er

Perhaps at a pub we will just say pour ‘em
As we are amazed by the world’s largest forum

Maybe our eye will catch a beautiful flower
Or perhaps just an ornate tall tower

I’ll offer us up a long nighttime stroll
Secretly wishing that we avoid all signs of a troll

And of course, we will not miss
experiencing a goodnight kiss.

As I offer this one last piece of prose
I must inform, my time this week is at it’s close

Line 1 - just to reinforce the England mis-direction
Line 4 - referring to the passporter, but I'm hoping she thinks it just about our passports - fingers crossed.
Line 5 - pub, England reference
Line 6 - reference to the DIS, not sure it is an accurate statement, but hey, I'm allowed some leeway
Line 7 - Flower, once again the F&GF reference
Line 8 - referring to the Eiffel tower
Line 10 - the Norway troll
Line 12 - The Castle kiss goodnight (Thanks again P & L)

phew - this is a lot of work!

dbarker
02-08-2008, 07:46 PM
My opinion about line 4 -- she's going to think she need a passport for going abroad :lmao:

Well done.

Sandy321
02-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Definately amazing!

when in France - there is a booth outside that sells amazing Grey Goose Slushies, in Italy - you MUST have the Rosa Regale CHampagne!!

and for the romance - dh and I celebrated our 26th anniversary, sans kids - and I went and thought about all the dark rides - think about all the "make out" sessions - we had so much fun!! at Epcot it was in Norway -the Maelstrom ride - but of course we started in MK - - Peter Pans flight - Snow White wasnt so much since we shared a car with others!! At Pirates I asked if we could sit in the back row... Tomorrowland Transportation - I time it so we dont share - and that's so much fun to use as a make out ride!!

just thought I'd signal a 2 thumbs up, as i dont have a poetic bone in my body, but I'm all about romance!!

peezee
02-08-2008, 09:54 PM
Thanks DBarker - I thought this thread was going to die a lonely death --

So far so good with the wife - lots of head scratching, and some googling going on...

crzyred
02-09-2008, 02:36 AM
I don't think any of us are letting this thread die! lol I think we are all too curious to see just how your wife reacts to all this!

P&L@WDW
02-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Line 12 - The Castle kiss goodnight (Thanks again P & L)

You're welcome! I feel special that I got to be involved! I'll be at WDW from March 1-12, and every time I see something one of your clues reference to, I'm going to be grinning, wondering if your wife has figured it out yet!

SleepingBeautyMom
02-09-2008, 02:10 PM
First of all, I think it's really great that you're taking the time to do this. I'm sure your wife will be thrilled when she experiences the magic at DisneyWorld!

As I was out trying to get the ice off my driveway....only 51 days to go before escape this nasty Michigan weather and get back to the magic and wonderful weather at Disney....I thought of the following clues.

In keeping with the "Europe" theme, I thought of another castle, Crazy Ludwig's castle, Neuschwanstein in the German alps and came up with a rhyme like this:

Although we're not crazy like Ludwig, you see,
we'll be surrounded by castles, mansions and finery.

(Castles - Cinderella's castle and all the toy castles in the gift shops, mansions like the Haunted Mansion and finery - the Crystal Palace). But of course, the castles, mansions and finery could all point to Europe also.

I also thought of all the animals in Animal Kingdom and of course all the lovable Disney character animals.

Animals, animals wherever we go,
It actually looks like they're smiling at us, you know.

Not sure I like that rhyme but with the animals, but it could point to a zoo or an African safari vs. Animal Kingdom or all the Disney characters in the parks and rides.

In keeping with the animal theme, I was thinking about something with small (lovable) rodents...like Mickey, Minnie and Ratatouille. I can't come up with a rhyme right now but the rodent idea may definitely throw her off course.

Good Luck with your future clues and please continue to post them. It's great fun following your story. And have a wonderful, magical trip!

collcass
02-09-2008, 02:48 PM
This is just fabulous. can't wait to see more. Colleen

calypso*a*go-go
02-09-2008, 03:11 PM
Has she started to figure it out yet?

dbarker
02-11-2008, 09:59 PM
How are we doing? It is a new week. I apologize, but I am no poet. As a matter of fact, I am very lacking in the creative dept.

I just had another idea...sticking w/ the "UK" theme.

London and MK both have a big "clock". London had Big Ben and MK had Its a Small World. That ought to throw her off a bit.

I will post as I come up w/ more obscure ideas. Let me know when we are changing "subjects".

Patbeth
02-11-2008, 10:41 PM
What about Morrocco?Epcot. mysterious and oriental? Isnt Alladin from India? REALLY steer her FAR,FAR AWAY .... Flying carpets,magic lamps.Sesame bagels(as in Open sesame). What about using the line Once upon a time? refernce the heat. Its Hot in Afrca, India, and of course Florida. What about a place that Makes you HAPPY. just brainstorming here.The ( My)Happiest place on Earth is with you etc...or something like that.

JustMickey
02-12-2008, 02:52 PM
I have no poetic talent but I do have an idea...you could work in something about "April showers bring May flowers", since you're going at the end of April to the beginning of May. Flowers will reference the festival, and showers makes me think of England, so it may continue to throw her off.

By the way, I think everything you've done so far is incredibly creative, I hope everything works out!

TheTXTaylors5
02-12-2008, 03:01 PM
Got this bit from an intrepid news reporter
Some people say you will need a passport-er

:thumbsup2 I like this clue. She will thinks she needs a passport. :lmao:

- Jennifer

BTW - I have the WDW and DCL Passporter (compliments of DH for my birthday:love: ). Love them both! :goodvibes

cymbaldiva
02-12-2008, 03:03 PM
you are that guy. Wow, I think I'll post this on our fridge to tell my husband he needs to do stuff like this :O)

Good luck and have a terrific time.

I agree - soooo that guy!

I'm really, really jealous... <sigh>

gigi1313
02-12-2008, 08:12 PM
loving this thread!!! (and i'm only on page two!) thanks for sharing :)

kaitlin-n-mom
02-15-2008, 10:45 AM
Anymore updates on this, I can't wait to hear another clue.

DexLabDeeDee
02-19-2008, 08:00 AM
Another clue yet?

JustMickey
02-22-2008, 09:52 AM
bumping in hopes of another clue!

peezee
02-23-2008, 10:20 PM
That darn google - once again I am foiled by them.

I'm not sure exactly which line from the poems she googled, but up came this thread (who knew) and obviously from there she didn't need a Masters degree to figure out what was going on...

I *of course* did get lots and lots of brownie points for the effort, and she is now excitedly looking forward to our trip on April 30th - thanks to all who read this thread and more so to those who helped - mucho appreciated.

Til next time

Ciao'

Paul

calypso*a*go-go
02-23-2008, 10:40 PM
Hope you both have a wonderful time!

Tinks1984
02-24-2008, 05:50 AM
That darn google - once again I am foiled by them.

I'm not sure exactly which line from the poems she googled, but up came this thread (who knew) and obviously from there she didn't need a Masters degree to figure out what was going on...

I *of course* did get lots and lots of brownie points for the effort, and she is now excitedly looking forward to our trip on April 30th - thanks to all who read this thread and more so to those who helped - mucho appreciated.

Til next time

Ciao'

Paul

Ahhhh...damn it! I was following this thread with great enjoyment! How dare the Google search engine be soooo good!

Glad that your wife it excited about the trip though, and I bet it was great fun for her to read what we'd all been up too! :)

Well done on doing this for your wife, she's a lucky lady! :)

crzyred
02-24-2008, 06:43 AM
ah, nuts.:rolleyes:

I'm glad she excited about!

Have a great time!!:goodvibes

Jayzee
02-24-2008, 08:43 PM
I am the luckiest! :goodvibes Come April 30th peezee and I are heading to Florida!!

Sorry gals - no brothers, no clones, only one and and he's all mine - I'm not very good at sharing ;)

Thanks to everyone who helped DH - I'm not so good in the creative area at all so I appreciate everything!!

Jennifer

crzyred
02-24-2008, 09:51 PM
I am the luckiest! :goodvibes Come April 30th peezee and I are heading to Florida!!

Sorry gals - no brothers, no clones, only one and and he's all mine - I'm not very good at sharing ;)

Thanks to everyone who helped DH - I'm not so good in the creative area at all so I appreciate everything!!

Jennifer

Darn you! :rotfl:

Congrats on having one heck of a guy!!

Enjoy your trip!!

memobrien
11-14-2008, 01:59 PM
Great Clues!! What a great idea. So which was the one that let her figure it out?

Maura