PDA

View Full Version : If you where a cast member?

momtimesone
01-31-2008, 04:27 PM
Ok I saw this on another website and thought it would be fun to do it here on the DIS. If you could work anywhere as a cast member what would be your Ideal job? What would you like to be doing?

My ultimate dream Disney job would be to be a dream squad member.

Have fun everyone

BabyPiglet
01-31-2008, 04:29 PM
Splash Mountain/Space Mountain/Big thunger mountain/TTA/Kali River Rapids ride operator. All those would be so much fun, I think.

And...a mask character. Even though I'm sure they're hot, you get to create magic. You get to be Minnie Mouse/Mickey/etc.

simonkodousek
01-31-2008, 04:30 PM
I'd like to work at one of the outdoor pin shops in Epcot. :)

FFXDSNADDICT
01-31-2008, 04:33 PM
I would love to work at The Haunted Mansion. A) THE AC!!! B) The Costumes are so cool. C) I would love to be able to be "mean" to guests! MOVE!!! HURRY UP.... DON'T STAND NEXT TO THE WALLS!

C U AT DISNEY
01-31-2008, 04:37 PM
I would LOVE to work as a ride maintenence worker.. I would love to learn all the electronics and the new hydraulic systems and all the other cool stuff that goes with that.. That would be my dream job.. If not that I would probably like to some character but not sure which one yet..

James

TizianaL
01-31-2008, 04:38 PM
Already planning on becoming a cast member in the future (even though right now im only 16) =) ...It has always been my DREAM to work in Walt Disney World, and my absolute dream job would be to be Cinderella or any character for that matter! Other than that, a job at the attractions or a character attendant would be perfect!! It would be something that is unique to Disney and I can't wait 'till I'm old enough to apply!! YAY!

Have a Disney Day!
-TizianaL

JulielovesDisney
01-31-2008, 04:44 PM
A popular character, not a princess, but maybe Mickey (I'd have to shrink about 2 feet, but it'd be worth it). I'd love to brighten a child or adults day by just posing in a picture with them.

But I'd do just about anything. Be a ride operator or even a store clerk. Any job down there would be fun because you can easily make someone's vacation by just a fun comment or giving a child a free Mickey sticker.

Bubby4Clay
01-31-2008, 04:48 PM
I think it would be a blast to be an Imagineer, or one of the guides that does private day tours for celebrities.

the_princess
01-31-2008, 04:51 PM
I would love to become a princess in one of the parades, maybe Belle, her dress is beautiful!

ilisao
01-31-2008, 04:51 PM
My needs are simple. My dream would be to work Pirates of the Caribbean, my absolute favorite ride ever since I was little.

sandybobandy
01-31-2008, 04:53 PM
I would have so much fun working The Great Movie Ride! I'd be the best gangster/cowboy/tour guide ever! lol

jazzmine
01-31-2008, 04:54 PM
Definitely a Princess!!! princess:

djlexus
01-31-2008, 04:56 PM
I already applied and ill take almost anything except food service hehe. Would love to be a ride operator!

disneymagic02
01-31-2008, 04:56 PM
I have two places I wuld work, the first would be making guests reservations-I would love to be able to help people plan their dream vacations and second I would work at the Christmas store DTD.

seobaina
01-31-2008, 05:03 PM
My ultimate dream Disney job would be to be a dream squad member.

I got to do this and it was a lot of fun! Humm, I'd prob like to be an imagineer or something to do with the film production.

MAKHayes-DisneyDiva
01-31-2008, 05:04 PM
I would like to be a concierge at YC or GF. I love helping people plan their trips and would love to use my experience to help people to have a magical time at WDW.

All7OfUs
01-31-2008, 05:10 PM
I was a CM at Dland for a couple of terms in university. I was a hostes at the Blue Bayou Restaurant, and it was HARD work! It involved mostly setting tables and taking guests to the tables- Definitely not enough guest interaction, and by the time I was done working I had NO energy to go back in! If I were to do it again, I would want to operate a ride, or do tours, or anything else that has more face to face with guests.

JennyRMouse
01-31-2008, 05:11 PM
I think it would be cool to work at one of the kids' clubs. :goodvibes

Alphabetsoup
01-31-2008, 05:45 PM
Haunted Mansion attendant...DEFINITELY!!!

If not there I would like to work a ride in FantasyLand.

Of course, my dream job (and it will sound stupid to most people) would be working as a Technical Writer for WDW...writing instruction manuals, ride proposal reports, even brochures and such. That would ROCK...

What can I say...I'm a confirmed weirdo! *giggle* :rotfl:

fhtpdw20
01-31-2008, 05:57 PM
I would love to be one of the 30 or so people that live on Castaway Cay to take care of the place. Guests come in at 8 and leave by 4:30 three maybe 4days of the week.

tinkerbee
01-31-2008, 06:06 PM
I would love to be one of the 30 or so people that live on Castaway Cay to take care of the place. Guests come in at 8 and leave by 4:30 three maybe 4days of the week.

:thumbsup2 I'm with you. I saw a show about the cruise line on the travel channel a while ago and when they showed the island and the castmembers waving the guests goodbye I said to DH I want THAT job.:lovestruc

preschoolmom
01-31-2008, 06:14 PM
Sell Balloons on Main Street!

:lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

kimluvswdw
01-31-2008, 06:30 PM
Almost anything in the AC would be great.

Joanna71985
01-31-2008, 06:45 PM
I already have my ideal job (character attendant). But my dream job is to be a performer.

RachelNinja
01-31-2008, 06:52 PM
I'd love to work on the TTA! I just love that ride so much, it'd make me happy just to be near it. Of course, it'd also be cool to hop on a few times during the day too ...

Disney1976
01-31-2008, 08:14 PM
I'm not sure if it's considered a CM job or not, but I'd like to be an attorney with Disney. One day!

CarolA
01-31-2008, 08:15 PM
I am going to drive the Safari Truck at AK.

(This is my retirement job LOL!)

MAKHayes-DisneyDiva
01-31-2008, 08:27 PM
I'd love to work on the TTA! I just love that ride so much, it'd make me happy just to be near it. Of course, it'd also be cool to hop on a few times during the day too ...

DS8 loves this ride too! I think this would be his favorite job as well.:)

dbarker
01-31-2008, 08:30 PM
DH says we will move to FL when we retire so we can work at WDW.

DH wants to be a grounds keeper (his favorite hobby is taking care of our yard--he love to watch the grass grow)

I would like to be on the Dream Squad. :wizard:

rockstargeisha
01-31-2008, 08:37 PM
Face character. :)

fairestoneofall
01-31-2008, 08:43 PM
I would love to either work at The Haunted Mansion.

OR, I'd love to play the Evil Queen from Snow White.

wirki
01-31-2008, 08:45 PM
I would want to be a server at the Hoop Dee Do!!

Kumquatmelon
01-31-2008, 09:00 PM
I always said that I would want to work at The Haunted Mansion. It has been my favorite ride ever since I was little and, of course the air conditioning is a plus.
Or, I would love to become an Imagineer and actually build the magic itself.

But in the long run, I'm up for anything they want to give me. I mean, it's Disney that is already my dream job.

leanan
01-31-2008, 09:00 PM
My dream job would be to work somewhere in the park with no drama or politics. Oh hold on that doesnt exist. :eek:

Seriously I thought I had my dream job working the front gates 12 years ago. It is what I do best. I did that for a while for another non disney park. I was so sad when I lost the magic. I wont work for them again. I am happier being a guest.

Smooshdog
01-31-2008, 09:01 PM
I would love to be a Jungle Cruise skipper!

I would also like to be Jim Handy in the Hoop De Doo or Gaston in the B&B show at MGM.

KatheeME
01-31-2008, 09:21 PM
This one's easy. I would working in the candy shop, on right hand side of Main Street. Love those yellow long dresses! :)

Kathee

swillis
01-31-2008, 09:43 PM
I want to work on Main St in the Magic Kingdom. It wouldn't really matter where I was, as long as it was there. That is my favorite part of any of the parks in Disney. I couls sit there for hours and just soak up the atmosphere.

irish dancer
01-31-2008, 09:43 PM
DH and I also talk about retiring down there.

He'd like to be a monorail or bus driver.

Me, I'd love to work either concierge at the resorts or in whatever department handles weddings, special occasions, party planning etc.

tzuhouse
01-31-2008, 09:45 PM
Dream Team would be great. Or character handler for the dwarves. Or just walking around casually doing magical things with no rhyme or reason, all day, every day, at the Magic Kingdom.

Mary

kokomos
01-31-2008, 09:54 PM
Mine would have to be the Main Street Barber Shop!!! I have been a barber for 15 years and love what I do, the only thing that would be better is to be doing it at Disney. My farorite clients are the kids , Im not crazy about the dresses they have to wear tho.

Disney Padawan
01-31-2008, 10:18 PM
I'd love to be CEO.

Seriously, I'd like to have the power to change things for the better and try to keep them that way.

douglisa
01-31-2008, 11:15 PM
I am a major foodie! I have kitchen gadgets and cook books abound! Most of my worklife has been in kitchens. Culinary was my second choice for college. So I guess I would like to be a chef @ one of the swanky places!

lionking_lady16
02-01-2008, 01:53 AM
I would love to be a nurse at one of the parks hehe kinda behind the scenes.(do they hire nurses?) But I dont know If I could stand ruining the magic...:(

Bunch24
02-01-2008, 02:16 AM
Great thread.

I've already thought long and hard about this one. I would love to be a street performer at MGM Studios, as well as a skipper on the Jungle Cruise.

Whatever I would do would have to involve making people laugh.

resol37
02-01-2008, 03:26 AM
I was a CM in the college program back in 2004 and worked at the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Playground and Disney-MGM Studios Backlot Tour. But I would have loved to have worked at the Tower of Terror, Haunted Mansion, or Great Movie Ride. I'd also love to be a Vacation Planner.

Crazy Hakim
02-01-2008, 06:29 AM
(do they hire nurses?)

You bet they do! It's rally hard to think what occupation Disney does NOT employ. In fact, they have announced and are building a Cast Member Medical Center, so they will be looking for a lot of nurses!

Me? I would love to be the Breathless driver at the Yacht Club.........

rotlex
02-01-2008, 06:44 AM
Monorail driver! I have wanted to do this since my first visit nearly 30 years ago. :D I still want to do it today! :goodvibes

Joan S.
02-01-2008, 06:53 AM
Hi, LOVE this thread!! My dream job would be to work in the Candy Store on Main Street. I love to watch the faces of guests when they walk in here.This shop to me is MAGICAL! :wizard: Also you can just step outside the shop to watch the fireworks or the parade!(I have seen CM's do this!!) Joan

wardfamily1
02-01-2008, 06:54 AM
I would love to be one of the characters.
I was a "Goonie Bird" one year for a christmas party and it was so much fun. I'm usually pretty shy, but when I had that costume on I could be as silly as I wanted and no one knew it was me.

I don't know if I could handle the heat/humidity in one of those costumes though!:scared: Maybe if I could be a character in one of the air conditioned restaurants that would be even better. :)

LindsayDunn228
02-01-2008, 07:04 AM
My answer:
I would be a chef at the California Grill :)
Singing with Voices of Liberty

My husband's answer:
A ride programmer (like backstage)

Jazmine8
02-01-2008, 07:09 AM
I'm a former cast member from 97 college program and continued for 5 more years seasonally. I started in retail at the MK Toon Town's County Bounty and moved on to characters. Would love to go back but the pay is nothing I could live on comfortably. And any former or current CP/CM knows just what I'm talking about. I'd like to continue in characters or have an recruiting job or maybe a dream sqaud memebr list another poster said.

Cree629
02-01-2008, 08:27 AM
How fun!

1. Bibbibi Bobbidi Boutique
2. Character (I would LOVE to play Lady Tremaine-- how FUN!)
3. Dream Squad!!!

Dh and I have already discussed someday retiring to WDW. (we're only 32!) He'll work at one of the golf courses, and I can work at a park or resort. :-)

phisigprincess
02-01-2008, 08:29 AM
Monorail driver! I have wanted to do this since my first visit nearly 30 years ago. :D I still want to do it today! :goodvibes

A friend of mine did this in CP and he adored it. It's just as cool as you would hope it would be. :)

My dream job would be to dance in any of the shows. :cloud9:

LilGMom
02-01-2008, 08:34 AM
I'd love to work as an Imagineer working on either a film, the next Disney character or creating an attraction. I would also love to work as a CAD Tech. for them wherever they needed one!!!

Stacy_C
02-01-2008, 08:43 AM
Without a doubt - a bellhop at TOT!

rotlex
02-01-2008, 09:06 AM
A friend of mine did this in CP and he adored it. It's just as cool as you would hope it would be. :)

My dream job would be to dance in any of the shows. :cloud9:

I can only dream! (Regarding the monorail driver) That is of course unless it pays enough to pay the mortgage, as well as college tuition for my kids, LOL. :)

Aaaahhh, to dream. Who knows, maybe during my hopefully early retirement. :goodvibes

ReninDetroit
02-01-2008, 10:19 AM
Jungle Cruise host

or...VIP/KTTK tour guide.

:)

disney111
02-01-2008, 10:32 AM
Haunted Mansion or Tower of Terror because then I wouldn't be expected to smile all day.. :)

Hauntedmansion13
03-29-2010, 05:58 PM
When I go to college, I am going to d a program that allows me to work at Disney and do my classes online. I even get a credit in buisness for it.:goodvibes

lilmissdisney216
03-29-2010, 06:06 PM
Princess Tiana face character or Parade Performer in Spectromagic (preferably a dragonfly or butterfly).

princesskelz
03-29-2010, 08:09 PM
My top 5 choices would be
-"friend" of a character or dancer
-Bibbity Bobbity Boutique fairy godmother in training
-Photopass photographer
-Working in attractions (preferably Haunted Mansion or Great Movie Ride)
-Character attendant

Missytara
03-31-2010, 10:26 AM
Practical choice - Presently, I work in facilities management, so I would like to work on something having to do with that. Would love to especially do coordination of refurbs, or holiday stuff.

Fun choice - I love to sew, so I would work in the costume department.

Wishful choice - had I pursued my first career choice as a professor at Galluadet College, I would like to do special tours for the deaf; since I would have been very good at ASL had I gone to school for it.

Ahhhh, on to daydreaming.

SydneyFalco
03-31-2010, 10:34 AM
Good thread.

In the perfect of worlds I'd be

A concept artist for the imagineering team, OR

The guy in charge of overhauling Main Street and putting back the magic shop, the penny arcade, the cinema, etc., OR

A performer in an Adventurer's Club type immersion attraction.

Any one of those jobs would make me quit and move this very morning.

julluvsdisney
03-31-2010, 02:08 PM
I would love to be belle or plan weddings and other events but I would settle for casheir anywhere just to be in disney!

LeeLee'sMom
03-31-2010, 02:12 PM
An Imagineer, princess or the Christmas Shop...even selling the balloons would be better than being in MASS right now:laughing:

mgdisney
03-31-2010, 02:13 PM
Honestly I would do anything! I have always wanted to work there, life long dream, and I'd be happy doing whatever they asked!

GreenTeaFrappe
03-31-2010, 02:24 PM
I'd love to work at resort check in at one of the Deluxes. Preferably Boardwalk :)

julluvsdisney
03-31-2010, 02:25 PM
even selling the balloons would be better than being in MASS right now:laughing:

AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sick of MASS!