PDA

View Full Version : Walt Disney Books

jnjusoioa
01-31-2008, 02:19 PM
I was just curious, I would like to read a little bit more about Walt and his dreams, etc. I was just curious what books you all would recomend. I searched amazon and there are quite a few out there, so I just thought I would ask all of you who maybe have read some, which ones you found to be good. Thanks in advance for your help.:goodvibes

bumbershoot
01-31-2008, 02:21 PM
I don't know!

But you'll definitely want to stop in the theater on Main Street to watch the First 50 Year movie, narrated by Steve Martin (who used to work at DL) and Donald Duck. :)

jnjusoioa
01-31-2008, 04:26 PM
I don't know!

But you'll definitely want to stop in the theater on Main Street to watch the First 50 Year movie, narrated by Steve Martin (who used to work at DL) and Donald Duck. :)

Sounds great Molly, I will be sure and check it out!!!:)

darren123
02-01-2008, 11:41 PM
When we were there in 2002 there was a book shop in the Animation area they had all types of books on Walt. When we do our next trip this year I will be buying a few books myself.

KerTggr
02-02-2008, 01:11 PM
Not ALL about walt, but this one is really good and gives an insight into how the company was run in the early days:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1474329

ctamama
02-02-2008, 06:26 PM
DH purchased "The Animated Man" by Michael Barrier for me for Christmas. I have not read it yet (in the middle of 3 other books!!!ugh!;) ) My hubby said it was reviewed as one of the best bios of Walt on Amazon!! Can't wait to read---I'll have to hurry and start it and report back!!!:thumbsup2

jnjusoioa
02-02-2008, 08:03 PM
Thank you for all the great replies, I will continue to look around and see what I can come up with. Thanks.:goodvibes

techno
02-02-2008, 10:23 PM
Not a book, but the DVD called Walt Disney Treasures; Your Host Walt Disney (2 discs) is really great. We just got it from the library this week and we've enjoyed it throughly.