PDA

View Full Version : What sit down restaurant has the worst food in WDW?

mickey0624
01-31-2008, 11:08 AM
My vote is for the 50's prime time cafe. I love the desserts - Peanut Butter and Jelly shake, but the fried chicken and meatloaf were almost inedible

wildeoscar
01-31-2008, 11:09 AM
Liberty Tree Tavern... I can get that same food, in the frozen food section of any grocery store and make it at home and it comes out better.

DizzKneeGeek
01-31-2008, 11:16 AM
you know, eventually a thread like this will have every single restaurant in wdw on it, there will a big argument over different places, many people will be insulted and the thread will be locked. have fun.

on topic: i've not had any bad food at disney.

herodrx1
01-31-2008, 11:27 AM
I didn't like the food in Morocco. I could tell that it was good quality food just not to my taste.

Karnak
01-31-2008, 11:30 AM
My vote ... Has to be the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant at the Studios; Akershus at Epcot's World Showcase (Norway), comes to mind as well.

But the food at WDW overall is very good methinks, and I really can't complain at all.

Karnak

Buzz Litebeer
01-31-2008, 11:33 AM
I have not dined there, but I've heard multiple complaints about the Nine Dragons in Epcot (which is why I've never dined there).

The worst food I've ever eaten personally was at El Pirata y El Perico -- but it's not a TS, so I don't think that counts.

Just polled DGF, and she felt the food at the Sci-Fi Dine-In isn't bad... but boring and poorly-themed to the venue. And I must say, I agree.

grumpymakesmehappy
01-31-2008, 11:35 AM
My vote is for the 50's prime time cafe. I love the desserts - Peanut Butter and Jelly shake, but the fried chicken and meatloaf were almost inedible
Are you serious:eek: ? We love 50's Prime Time. I'm so sorry you had a bad experience there, but we have never had any food that was short of wonderful at 50's PT. And yes, the desserts are fabulous :worship: . I've been know to go in and sit at the bar just to have a s'more and cherry coke.;) Seriously, I have! Anyways, I agree with the OP. Before long this thread will have every single restaurant at WDW on the list. The goods will be listed right along with the bad ones... Oh well, people have different taste and different experiences.

CanadianGuy
01-31-2008, 11:42 AM
Exactly.. see.. El Pirate y El Perico was 'ok' for CS in my book.. I kinda liked it.

But then I eat at Taco Bell and like it.

Knox

Alicnwondrln
01-31-2008, 11:44 AM
tonys

BirdsOfPreyDave
01-31-2008, 11:48 AM
Wow, two of my favorite restaurants have been pegged already. This thread will really highlight how tastes (as in taste buds) really do vary from person to person and family to family. I agree with the previous poster -- eventually this thread will probably name every single Disney restaurant.

Personally, I'm not particularly fond of the buffets at Biergarten or Akershus from a perspective of wanting to go back again. Also, I didn't think the menu at Jiko lived up to the hype of being a signature restaurant. (That was more an after-meal question as to "why did this cost us 2 DDP credits when Le Celier and Spoodles only cost 1? We personally felt the food and atmospheres of the 3 were comparible.)

With that said -- I can't say I've ever had a sit-down meal at Disney that I thought was bad, or wasn't able to enjoy. With so many restaurants that we love and a limited number of days each year, though, the ones that were just good or okay fall to the bottom of the repeat list.

sassyat30
01-31-2008, 11:54 AM
Boatwrights at POR.

Pakey
01-31-2008, 11:55 AM
Well I think that it all depends on the day and the dish selected. We've eaten at Sci Fi numerous times and were okay with the burgers. Just got back and had the smoked turkey sandwich and it was the worst thing I've ever had in my life.

And the food in Mexico, both TS and CS is awful. We eat the real thing all of the time so I'm biased.

RichmondTiggerFan
01-31-2008, 12:09 PM
The worst food item I've had at a sit-down restaurant was the ranch salad dressing at Crystal Palace. It was absolutely horrible & it tasted like paste.

** But **

Everything else I've had at CP has been good to excellent & I make ADR's to go there every trip to WDW (Sometimes two times during a single trip). It's my favorite restaurant on the whole property.

MissRoseRed
01-31-2008, 12:16 PM
I think the restaurants are kind of like the Disney buses -- most of the time they are awesome, but the bad days really stand out (and rotate -- like one day the buses for POP come every 2 minutes while the CBR folks wait and wait and wait... and then next time it's the other way around) I don't think I've ever had an awful meal at Disney TS, but I have had meals that just weren't as good as the last time... Personal taste probably has a lot to do with it -- coming from a Germanic heritage I think the Biergarten and Akershus are 2 of my favorites, while it seems a lot of people really don't like them. And I love, love, love Liberty Tree Tavern :goodvibes

If I had to pick a least favorite, I would say Chef Mickey's... I know! :confused3 But I've only eaten there once, and it must have been an off day...

(I would have picked Tony's, but I have had good and bad meals there)

Then again, I'll eat just about anything and if it's at Disney, it's gotta be good!!! :mickeybar

arkansas mom
01-31-2008, 12:25 PM
I won't say it's the worst restaurant, just my personal least favorite. LTT. I agree with the PP who said it's the same food I can get in my grocery store's freezer section. They even tout that it's Stouffers.

dejr_8
01-31-2008, 12:27 PM
WOW - I'm surprised about 50's Prime Time. That is our favorite sit-down.
Love the meat loaf and the pot roast.

We have never had a good experience at Sci Fi.

GoofySon'sMom
01-31-2008, 12:33 PM
The only meal that we really, really didn't like in WDW was at San Angel Inn. We like the counterservice one outside, but were so disappointed in our TS meal inside. Our waiter was just miserable in both personality and service and the food wasn't good at all. My DS (now 12!) always mentions this as the only really bad food we have had.

Sci Fi didn't necessarily have the best food we'd ever had, but the overall experience was great so it compensated somewhat for the food. We plan to go back this year for lunch.

AmyBWV99
01-31-2008, 12:35 PM
I'll say that we've never had a horrible sit down meal at WDW. We've had a TON of meals that we don't think are worth the price paid - Coral Reef at lunch is one. They're a seafood joint with almost no seafood on the menu! The Sci-Fi menu typically disappoints (other than the shakes - yum!).

livie1205
01-31-2008, 12:38 PM
CHEF MICKEY yucky yucky yucky (breakfast)and its hard to mess up breakfast for me....then ohanas....ever since they changed the menu...yuck and our server spit all over our food....eeww

Cree629
01-31-2008, 12:41 PM
Well, we only had a chance to eat at a handful of TS restaurants, and none were terrible... Our least favorite, though, was the dinner buffet at Hollywood & Vine. It was mediocre, at best.

I have to say, though, I had a delicious Reuben Sandwich at Sci-Fi! Probably my favorite lunch of the trip!

hogwartsdropout
01-31-2008, 12:45 PM
Not in a park but The Grand Floridian Cafe, when the Cinderella buffet was moved there and became a pre-plated meal. I almost threw up on the stairs after my meal there. :sad2:

Princess_Belle
01-31-2008, 12:45 PM
WOW - I'm surprised about 50's Prime Time. That is our favorite sit-down.
Love the meat loaf and the pot roast.

We have never had a good experience at Sci Fi.

I ABSOLUTELY HATE 50's Primetime! This was the most disgusting food I have ever had in my life!!!! I also hate the tacky way they do everything! It would have been nive if the didnt yell at you all the time. I know thats part of the theme but its way to much. I Also was not that fond of Biergarten. Not as bad as 50's though!

sassyat30
01-31-2008, 12:48 PM
I'll say that we've never had a horrible sit down meal at WDW. We've had a TON of meals that we don't think are worth the price paid - Coral Reef at lunch is one. They're a seafood joint with almost no seafood on the menu! The Sci-Fi menu typically disappoints (other than the shakes - yum!).

See, we both loved our lunch at Coral Reef...and we both had seafood. ;)

summerlandjeff
01-31-2008, 12:52 PM
Boatwrights at POR.

Ditto! And I'll add Shutters at CBR, sub-par food in my opinion!:confused3

SGMCO
01-31-2008, 12:53 PM
It's a tie between:

Chef Mickeys (dinner)
Garden Grill (lunch)

Glad we had FD--I would have really been mad.
CM--$104.00 for 3 persons--DS 11-- not at all worth it!!!
But I do agree that eventually every TS Restaurant will be listed.

On the other hand we had our Best Meal at Tony"s--so you never
know--you can't always base your ADRs on what other think.

CinderellaIam
01-31-2008, 01:01 PM
50's Prime time...you couldn't pay me to eat there again. Same goes for Biergarten.

BirdsOfPreyDave
01-31-2008, 01:02 PM
Wow, two of my favorite restaurants have been pegged already. This thread will really highlight how tastes (as in taste buds) really do vary from person to person and family to family. I agree with the previous poster -- eventually this thread will probably name every single Disney restaurant.

Personally, I'm not particularly fond of the buffets at Biergarten or Akershus from a perspective of wanting to go back again. Also, I didn't think the menu at Jiko lived up to the hype of being a signature restaurant. (That was more an after-meal question as to "why did this cost us 2 DDP credits when Le Celier and Spoodles only cost 1? We personally felt the food and atmospheres of the 3 were comparible.)

With that said -- I can't say I've ever had a sit-down meal at Disney that I thought was bad, or wasn't able to enjoy. With so many restaurants that we love and a limited number of days each year, though, the ones that were just good or okay fall to the bottom of the repeat list.

catsrule
01-31-2008, 01:08 PM
Sci-Fi diner.

DaisyLou2
01-31-2008, 01:08 PM
My husband loves Biergarten. His family is German. I'm okay with it. I just drink a lot of beer there. ;)

If I had to pick a bad meal I would also choose LTT. We waited in line too and I can't remember why when we could have just grabbed some counter service food that might have been better. Maybe we needed some a/c?

JoBird
01-31-2008, 01:20 PM
Mama Melrose's...Yuk. Never again. It makes me green thinking of it.

And one that a lot of people rave over...Kona (for dinner). It was probably an "off" night, but it was so bad, I'd hate to go back and chance it again.

Jo

fairfax
01-31-2008, 01:21 PM
Gosh, we love the Biergarten and eat there several times a year. My dad lived in Germany for a while when he was in the service.

I would have to say the food at Akershus for the Princess lunch was not great. But the food is not why we were there. princess:

Outside the parks, Whispering Canyon is just awful.

HunnyPots
01-31-2008, 01:24 PM
Our only semi-negative experience would be Ohana. It wasn't horrible, it just didn't live up to all the hype. Beef was over cooked and kind of tasteless. Everything else was just ok, not great. I might be willing to try it again someday, I don't know.

ilisao
01-31-2008, 01:44 PM
It's so interesting to see everyone's tastes and how everyone's experiences vary so much. My family and I LOVE Morocco and Akershus. We are not too impressed by San Angel, but that's because the food is really no different than what we'd find at the mall. DH loves Biergarten because he's German. I like it, but it's waaaaay to heavy for lunch, IMO. I think on our last visit, Sci-Fi Dine In Theater had to be our worst meal.

Oh, and my husband and I still fantasize about our meal we had a Jiko a few years ago.

GrowingUpDisney
01-31-2008, 01:55 PM
Crystal Palace for dinner...YUCK!

Rudegrle
01-31-2008, 01:57 PM
Boatwrights at POR.

YUCK! :scared: Won't be dining at Boatwrights ever again.

Momelie
01-31-2008, 02:04 PM
I swear, its like Jekyll and Hyde......

Worst meal EVER - LTT for the character dinner, hands down

But

Favorite place for lunch - LTT with the non-family style lunch menu.

That place goes from fantastic to horrible in the space of a few hours - but I haven't been there since the pound cake reportedly went bye-bye, so I might be finding a new favorite place.

At Epcot - Akershus wasn't to my taste, but neither was 9 Dragons.

sassyat30
01-31-2008, 02:19 PM
YUCK! :scared: Won't be dining at Boatwrights ever again.

Yeah, us either! Even if we do return to POR in the future.

Once was enough! :rotfl:

traviesojmt
01-31-2008, 02:57 PM
This thread just highlights why I don't always use reviews in planning my ADRs. It's always funny to read how someone had there absolutely worse dining experience at your very favorite place. For example, Kona Cafe is one of our absolute favorite places. Others have very different experiences. Sometimes a restaurant has an off night, sometimes your order the wrong meal and sometimes the restaurant just doesn't fit into your personal tastes. My DH hated Boma and I loved it. We can't always even agree in our own house. Sorry for going on though. To answer the question, our least favorite meal was Sci-Fi. I'm not sure if it was really bad or if I was just comparing the burgers to Beaches and Cream, but it is not a place we really want to go back to.

ransom
01-31-2008, 02:57 PM
Hmmm.

I notice the OP didn't ask about bad restaurants, specifically. The question is which TS restaurant is the worst...meaning that if I consider one restaurant to be a 9 out of 10, and all others to be a 10 out of 10, then that one 9 out of 10 restaurant qualifies as the "worst."

Given that, the worst TS restaurant we have visited was Le Cellier. The food was too salty, but otherwise average.

mickeyluv'r
01-31-2008, 03:02 PM
Okay Let's see what's been listed so far:

Resorts
1900 Park Fare
Boatwright's
Boma
Chef Mickey's
GF Cafe
Kona Cafe
'Ohana
Shutters
WCC

Only about 50 more places to go until we've named them all!
MK
LTT
Crystal Palace
Tony TS

Epcot
Akershus
Biergarten
Coral Reef
Garden Grill
Le Cellier
Morocco (TS?CS?)
Nine Dragons
San Angel Inn

MGM
Sci-Fi
50's Prime Time
Hollywood &Vine
Mama Melrose's

Luv4Disney
01-31-2008, 03:04 PM
you know, eventually a thread like this will have every single restaurant in wdw on it, there will a big argument over different places, many people will be insulted and the thread will be locked. have fun.

In response to your on topic: Me too! I guess we're lucky! :)

MJMcBride
01-31-2008, 03:15 PM

I'm with you

http://www.mouseextra.com/2007/04/14/a-review-of-50s-prime-time-cafe-at-disney-mgm-studios/#comments

I Run Long
01-31-2008, 03:28 PM
Everyone here sure is right. It is all up to individual tastes. I can't honestly say I had what could be called a "bad" meal at DW. Probably my least favourite in that it wasn't bad it was just o.k., and by that I mean the menu and the atmosphere was boring - the winner is: O'hana.

I've also eaten dinner at Boma, Spoodles, Marrakesh, 50's Prime Time, HDDR, Coral Reef and Raglan Road - all of which I thoroughly enjoyed. Now, whether the next patron thinks the same as me - well, like I said it is all about individual tastes . . . . . .

rstamm
01-31-2008, 03:42 PM
1900 park fair I had some bread and ice cream, the rest of the buffet was horrible.

Never again!

perkinsrose
01-31-2008, 03:46 PM
We do DDplan and i enjoy most meals throughout the world. I can't recall a table service meal i didn't like--and i am semi-vegetarian and a picky eater. However, I did not like the Sci Fi Drive In food and didn't think the experience/ambiance was worth it either.

I DO like Tony's, The Plaza, Crystal Palace & Hollywood & Vine.

perkinsrose
01-31-2008, 03:49 PM
Didn't think Garden Grill at Epcot was great but the experience was worth it.

BabyPiglet
01-31-2008, 04:27 PM
Sci Fi Dine In. But I don't discourage people from going to it, because everyone has their own tastes.

rrgreennc
01-31-2008, 04:40 PM
None of my visits to sit-down meals at WDW have been bad, but some have been disappointing:

1) The one in Morocco at Epcot. I was expecting foods that were a little more exotic, out of the ordinary. What I got sounded awesome, but mostly ended up tasting bland, and seemed to be very Americanized.
2) Garden Grille in the Land at Epcot. Nothing special. I can get everything on that menu at home at it will be tons better.
3) Princess Breakfast at Akershus in Norway at Epcot. Really boring breakfast, extremely limited choices. We have only done this once, so my DD could see the princesses.
4) Mama Melroses in the Studios. Again, nothing special. Was hoping for something more than your typical franchise Italian.
5) Rainforest anywhere - way overpriced, not very good food, and inconsistent service.

lps1176
01-31-2008, 04:50 PM
San Angel Inn....WORST Mexican I have ever had.

JulielovesDisney
01-31-2008, 04:53 PM
I don't really like the food at Hollywood & Vine. There's not a lot of selection and there's really nothing that I would like. I'm a picky eater though.

mattsdragon
01-31-2008, 05:03 PM
Oooh, I'll play, let's see how many pages it takes to name them all.

Since my absolute most hated was already named (Tony's), I'll name the only other one we disliked. . .Teppanyaki in Japan at EPCOT.

Yay me, I named one that isn't on the list yet.:cool1:

MouseEarsForLife
01-31-2008, 05:25 PM
I don't think I've eaten around the World enough yet to have a fair opinion, but I agree with PPs who have stated that experiences will vary a lot! For example, my family and I really enjoy Tony's. (However, that may also have to do with my parents' first movie date- a Lady and the Tramp rerelease ;) )

Schmeck
01-31-2008, 06:33 PM
Tony's was so disappointing - at the end of the night it was dirty, sticky, crowded, loud, and the food was over done and rather cold. It was a lot like eating in the high school cafeteria for the last lunch of the day. That had to be the only negative experience we've had at any WDW restaurant, and we've eaten at most of them!

byoung
01-31-2008, 06:52 PM
CHEF MICKEY yucky yucky yucky (breakfast)and its hard to mess up breakfast for me....then ohanas....ever since they changed the menu...yuck and our server spit all over our food....eeww

We will not rush back to Chef Mickeys.

Eeyore's My Favorite
01-31-2008, 07:07 PM
Another vote here not to return to San Angel Inn - we gave it two tries and the second one during the DDP was absolutely disgusting!! However, we love the Cantina outside & make it a "must stop" if for nothing but the margaritas every time we're at Epcot!! :earboy2:

disney111
01-31-2008, 07:30 PM
The only bad meal I remember having was at Chefs De France. I mean it wasn't horrible, and I do think I ordered wrong, but it wasn't very good.

Jazzybell
01-31-2008, 07:31 PM
San Angel Inn, hands down.

CarolA
01-31-2008, 07:35 PM
China.

Having traveled and eaten REAL Chinese food this was gross!

Having eaten a LOT of American Chinese food this was HORRID!

HINT TO CHEF... It is NOT really required that ALL food be overcooked and then subject to a salt bath!

Second Rainforest, but the truth is that when the food FINALLY arrives it's not that bad. It just apparently is made in Texas and transported one dish at a time to Orlando!

mb168
01-31-2008, 07:52 PM
I think over the last few years, the dining overall has declined at Disney. It's all starting to run together. I don't think I've ever had a "bad" meal in Disney, and I've definitely never left a restaurant hungry, but it just seems to be less than spectacular compared to what it used to be.

Diznygrl
01-31-2008, 07:56 PM
Gosh, I've never had a table service meal at WDW that I would consider "bad". Some were better than others, yes. But I've never taken a bite of something and said, "This is horrible." and not be able to eat it. Maybe I'm just easy to please? :confused3

Waiting for someone to declare Victoria and Albert's as having the worst food in all of WDW...:rolleyes1

Raysplus1
01-31-2008, 09:24 PM
Sci Fi Dine-In Theatre

This is the only place that we could not eat the food it was so bad and we have never returned.

Steffiesunshine
01-31-2008, 11:10 PM
Chef Mickey's breakfast was horrible, in my opinion...and overpriced.

Great character interaction, though. I guess that's what you really pay for.

But Crystal Palace breakfast has great food and great characters, so was well worth it. I won't ever go to WDW again without a breakfast there.

PrincessTiffany
01-31-2008, 11:21 PM
The only BAD meal we have ever had at WDW was for dinner at the Coral Reef. The food tasted terrible and was ridiculously over priced.

sarcasticblonde
02-01-2008, 12:49 AM
It's funny, at WDW I think there are 4 catagories:

Crappy CS
Good CS
Crappy TS
Good TS

I would much rather eat at good CS (like Pecos Bills) than the following TS restaurants:

50's Prime Time Cafe
Tony's
Mama Melrose
Hollywood and Vine

And honestly, I have yet to find a breakfast that I like at WDW. Crystal Palace was vomit.

I'd say that I have "fancy tastes" but like I said, I'd rather have a burger and fries from Pecos Bills.

Mysteria
02-01-2008, 02:12 AM
This is one of those questions you may ask 500 different people and get 500 different answers.

I personally have never had a bad meal at WDW. I've had some average meals that didn't make me go whoa that was great but they weren't horrible either.

Average buffet diiner - Chef Mickey's
Awesome buffet dinner - Trail's End Restaurant

average buffet breakfast - Name escapes me and I think they have changed it anyway. In AK
Awesome buffet breakfast - 1900 breakfast

Sidenote: Character interaction at all character buffet meals was great.

Most loved sit down dinner for me is Le Cellier. Most loved Sit down lunch is 50's Prime Time.

Now I have not by far tried every place in WDW but as of now this is my list.

P.S. Favorite DTD quick meal place is Earl of Sandwich. Give me a glass of wine and Roast Beef sandwich from there and I'm good to shop! :laughing:

mb168
02-01-2008, 05:25 AM
I think that in the last few years, all of the foods are getting to be more of the same between all of the restaurants. Especially breakfast. So when you say that one place has a good breakfast but another doesn't, I don't see any difference. The bacon, eggs, ham, etc are all the same mass produced/cooked glob of bacon, eggs, and ham just delivered to the different places. Burgers, chicken fingers, sandwiches, etc, same thing, its the same food everywhere. Unless you're in EPCOT or somewhere that has a specific theme, you're eating the same food at every place, there is no difference other than the kids heating it all up for you.

Same for TS, they have dumbed down the menus at many of the TS places so that the same food is used at most of them, they may have a little different side item, or something like that, but it's the same food. They've removed some of the more individualized items from menus, for instance, Spoodles no longer has paella on the menu. But I look at the menu now there and at many other places and I can't even see what I want that I couldn't have elsewhere.

goofyernmost
02-01-2008, 05:55 AM

I would be somewhat hesitant to eat seafood there while future seafood was swimming by watching me. I'd have a hamburg just to be sure that I wasn't upsetting any of them.

OK, that statement requires more detail. You make it sound like the just hocked up something and spit it on your food. If so, what did you say to them to tick them off. If not, what did happen, really!

China.

Having traveled and eaten REAL Chinese food this was gross!

Having eaten a LOT of American Chinese food this was HORRID!

HINT TO CHEF... It is NOT really required that ALL food be overcooked and then subject to a salt bath!

Second Rainforest, but the truth is that when the food FINALLY arrives it's not that bad. It just apparently is made in Texas and transported one dish at a time to Orlando!

It reminds me of a group trip that I was on when I was in College. One of our tour stops was in Italy. When we ate dinner the first night all I heard was, that's the worst Italian food I've ever eaten. No, It was the only REAL Italian food they had ever eaten. Americanized "foreign" food is not real foreign food. It's just what we have come to expect.

I've heard a lot of negative things about Rainforest, but, I have eaten there on almost every trip and although I agree with the wait time the food has always been great.

There are very few things that I cannot eat. Somethings I like better than others, but, the only place I have ever gone to on Disney property where I had to throw it away was at the Commissary at the Studios. That stuff wouldn't even have made the listing of quality dumpster food.

dejr_8
02-01-2008, 07:38 AM

Resorts
1900 Park Fare
Boatwright's
Boma
Chef Mickey's
GF Cafe
Kona Cafe
'Ohana
Shutters
WCC

Only about 50 more places to go until we've named them all!
MK
LTT
Crystal Palace
Tony TS

Epcot
Akershus
Biergarten
Coral Reef
Garden Grill
Le Cellier
Morocco (TS?CS?)
Nine Dragons
San Angel Inn

MGM
Sci-Fi
50's Prime Time
Hollywood &Vine
Mama Melrose's

Of course all places will end up on the list. Someone, sometime will have had a bad experience for every place at WDW. What is interesting is how many times a particular place is mentioned. If all places get mentioned an equal number of times then the result is meaningless. But it looks like a few places are getting many more mentions than others (Sci Fi and San Angel for example)

Someone with time on their hands needs to tabulate the responses.

digskat
02-01-2008, 08:03 AM
As many have said, everyone has different tastes, and this is proof.
Over the past 4 years, we have attempted to eat at as many restaurants as possible, and try as many foods as we could.
For us, the worst table services were the Crystal Palace at b-fast and Chef Mickey's at dinner. We enjoyed Akerhaus breakfast and Breakfastsaurus, and found there was a wide range of options between the three (unique fruits and pastries). 50's Prime Time had wonderful pot roast, and we expected the atmosphere, it was another reason to try it. O'Hana was my favourite TS during our trip, the food was spectacular. Sci-fi and Liberty Tree Tavern were okay. Really enjoyed LeCellier as well. Hoop-dee-doo and Whispering Canyon were worth the money too.

For the CS.....most are similar at MK and MGM, but Epcot and AK give distinct tastes. Loved Flame Tree at AK, Yorkshire Fish Shop at Epcot (UK), Pecos Bill at MK, Earl of Sandwich (DTD), and Pinocchio Village Haus at MK (for the Figaro fries alone). the Lotus Blossom (China) and Yakitori (Japan) were edible, but not spectacular (the Lotus egg rolls were actually spring rolls). Looking forward to trying Tangierine Cafe and Sommerfest this year.

Hope

mickeyluv'r
02-01-2008, 11:16 AM

Resorts
1900 Park Fare
Boatwright's
Boma
Chef Mickey's
GF Cafe
Jiko
Kona Cafe
'Ohana
Shutters
WCC

MK
LTT
Crystal Palace
Tony TS

Epcot
Akershus
Biergarten
Coral Reef
Garden Grill
Le Cellier
Morocco (TS?CS?)
Nine Dragons
San Angel Inn
Chefs de France

MGM
Sci-Fi
50's Prime Time
Hollywood &Vine
Mama Melrose's

DTD
Rainforest

Only about 45 more places to go until we've named them all!

robin09
02-01-2008, 11:35 AM
Of course all places will end up on the list. Someone, sometime will have had a bad experience for every place at WDW. What is interesting is how many times a particular place is mentioned. If all places get mentioned an equal number of times then the result is meaningless. But it looks like a few places are getting many more mentions than others (Sci Fi and San Angel for example)

Someone with time on their hands needs to tabulate the responses.
For me, It was Boma... I know I know..:confused3 .. but my taste buds just don't agree with their seasonings. I know the quality was really good, just couldn't eat their food.

COral Reef didn't do anything for me either. I had an hour wait with a then 6 year old, service was slow..... seating was far from the fish....fodd was just ok...not worth the price.. just not something I'd go back to.

If I can get my DD9 off my hip today, I might take on the challenge and tally if noone else does! It's an ice day here, so we're stuck inside, no school... :dance3:

Donold_Fan
02-01-2008, 01:41 PM
Well, like it's been said before, I think a thread like this will eventually list all the places on site.

That being said, I'll contribute my thoughts.

Boma, Akershus and Morroco seemed like quality food, just not up my alley. Actually, I say that and I enjoyed all 3 better than the rest of my family who didn't seem to like anything.
I must not have my expectation too high for buffet's because I've never had a bad experience at any of the buffets at WDW. It's pretty easy to avoid the food that's been sitting for a while, and get the fresh stuff. I've eaten at 1900, CP, Chef M's and Cape May Cafe, H&V. I found them all to be fine.

LTT is one of our favorites. The kids love it and I think it's fine. It's our comfort food.

Now, as far as not good, in quality...I was very disappointed with Sci-Fi. The ribs were horrible, I may have caught them on a bad day, but yuck. Also the onion rings weren't very good either, and I think DW's chicken pasta was icky too. However DD's cheeseburger was good and the atmosphere is way cool.

Also Coral Reef was disappointing foodwise. I wouldn't say it was bad, but certainly not worth the money.

Actually, DW and I are trying to hit at least 3 new places each visit (Gotta love the dining plan, even with the dummied down menus) and the only places that we've eaten that we would pay to eat at again (other than the buffets) are Ohana (DW's favorite), LeCellier (DD and My favorite) and Spoodles (DS is into the buffets, he's all about the characters, not the food). We haven't tried any of the 2 DDP credit places, other than Artist Pointe (back when they had character meals at breakfast), so I can't really comment on those.

daannzzz
02-01-2008, 02:07 PM
I may be the only person but I have not had any bad food at any of the restaurants. I have had mediocre but not bad. Everthing has always been okay to eat. The least impressive was at Hollywood and Dine before it became a buffet. I had some spaghetti sauce that was essentially crushed tomatoes and not much else. I have never been overly impressed with 100 Park Faire but I don't eat prime rib so picked from everything else and while there were some fine enough things, nothing was spectacular.

mickeyluv'r
02-01-2008, 02:58 PM
My point in listing all the places mentioned so far, was not just to keepa tally, but as a response to some of the posters who ask generically for DISers to list the 'best places to eat at WDW" without listing any of their preferences. Now when someone posts and says, which place on property has the best selection of sushi - a much more effective request. Also, I've been many times to WDW and there are still plenty of places I've never dined. If you have one marginal experience, it's easy enough to avoid that place on your next trip.

I've never dined at Sci-Fi, in all the trips I've had, but I've read both positive and negative reviews. It's probably been mentioned the most on this list asa negative, but I've read many times about great burgers and a fun environment there.

I also bet some places aren't going to be mentioned on this list, not because they are great or bad, but just becuse most folks never go there. I've rarely read any opinions about Narcoosee's, Olivia's, the TS at Saratoga Springs, Bluezoo, and others.

So keep 'em coming!

cdel73
02-01-2008, 03:40 PM
I would have to say San Angel Inn. I had some sort of combination platter. The ends of the meat were all dried up, like it had sat under a heat lamp or something. It really wasn't good. That being said, I loved the atmoshere and am thinking of giving it another chance just for that.

mattsdragon
02-02-2008, 07:43 PM
My point in listing all the places mentioned so far, was not just to keepa tally, but as a response to some of the posters who ask generically for DISers to list the 'best places to eat at WDW" without listing any of their preferences. Now when someone posts and says, which place on property has the best selection of sushi - a much more effective request. Also, I've been many times to WDW and there are still plenty of places I've never dined. If you have one marginal experience, it's easy enough to avoid that place on your next trip.

I've never dined at Sci-Fi, in all the trips I've had, but I've read both positive and negative reviews. It's probably been mentioned the most on this list asa negative, but I've read many times about great burgers and a fun environment there.

I also bet some places aren't going to be mentioned on this list, not because they are great or bad, but just becuse most folks never go there. I've rarely read any opinions about Narcoosee's, Olivia's, the TS at Saratoga Springs, Bluezoo, and others.

So keep 'em coming!
RE: your list
Morocco's TS is Cafe Marakesh
Rainforest Cafe is at AK as well as DTD
I mentioned Teppanyaki at EPCOT as my least favorite.

Now, you mentioned the TS at Saratoga, let me say, I love it. IT's called the Turf Club Bar & Grill. The menu isn't very complicated or sophisticated, but the Chef is very good with his sauces and seasonings.

Wait a minute. . .The Turf Club. . .Blah, I hate it, nobody should ever go there. Avoid it at all costs.

Man, I hope I didn't just give away Disney's second best kept secret.

HOGFAN
02-02-2008, 08:56 PM
based on our last trip... H & V.

Donald Lover11
02-02-2008, 09:09 PM
If I had to pick a least favorite, I would say Chef Mickey's... I know! :confused3 But I've only eaten there once, and it must have been an off day...

I'd say my least favorite is Chef Mickey's. I really like the character experience there, but a lot of the food there was cold, and it was right when it opened. :confused3

mickeyluv'r
02-03-2008, 01:05 PM
Morocco's TS is Cafe Marakesh

FYI: the reason I posted it that way was because that's how the poster had it listed. Though I've read plenty of folks who went positive and negative on both.
Yes, there are two RFC's; I guessed on that one because I didn't have any other places listed for DTD yet. Personally, I find the RFC's to be a pretty homogenous group having dined at a number of them, but the poster could have meant either.

gsmith1236
02-03-2008, 01:09 PM
I agree on 50's... the place was just flat out terrible and the waiters were very cheesy.

kathiep
02-03-2008, 01:27 PM
San Angel Inn...terrific atmosphere, bland, taste-less food and bad service.

BarleyJack
02-03-2008, 01:29 PM
Our worst TS meal was at Sci Fi. I so wanted to like this place. The atmosphere is pretty cool, but food was blah and service just so so. We won't be back.

TinaLala
02-03-2008, 01:36 PM

I just have to say I read your posts when you and Princess when to Disney with the Mr. Potato Head (which I loved the pictures!!) At that time you had just announced you were pregnant and I read your signature and I see CONGRATULATIONS is in order for the birth of your daughter!! I know I'm late, but I'm so happy for you!!

WEDway2002
02-03-2008, 01:47 PM

Hear Hear!!!

Maybe it's my blue collar palate ... BUT ... it never fails, I always feel like whatever food I have at WDW (from carts to fancy schmancy) is the BEST version of [whatever] that I have ever had! :thumbsup2

Maybe it's the atmosphere, my mindset or the kool aid :) ...

Dave

Candikayne
02-03-2008, 02:22 PM
Hear Hear!!!

Maybe it's my blue collar palate ... BUT ... it never fails, I always feel like whatever food I have at WDW (from carts to fancy schmancy) is the BEST version of [whatever] that I have ever had! :thumbsup2

Maybe it's the atmosphere, my mindset or the kool aid :) ...

Dave

I'll second that emotion. I have not had a terrible meal....nothing worth mentioning anyway. Maybe my expectations are low to begin with. I actually had great meals at Sci Fi and Shutters! Go figure!

Cool-Beans
02-03-2008, 02:23 PM
Tony's. Hand's down. It isn't terrible, it is just very average. And they charge a fortune for it. You could go to the Olive Garden and have a much better meal for a lot less dough. After Tony's, I'd go with Sci-Fi. Other than that, there are some places that serve food I don't like (asian food, frou-frou food), but no place that I don't think is worth avoiding because the food is bad.

ETA: Whispering Canyon (at the Wilderness Lodge) is kind of hit-or-miss and my fish-loving freinds/family do not care much for the clambake at Cape May (Beach Club).

Liberty Tree Tavern always gets a bad rap on these boards for serving frozen food, but it isn't like they're plucking feathers off the chicken over at the Crystal Palace. :)

I like LTT and always have. It's a decent meal in an adorable little restaurant.

shelemm
02-03-2008, 02:34 PM
My family really enjoyed our meal and the VERY cool ambience at Sci-Fi. I had the reuben which was quite good and a very large sandwich. I could only eat half. This is the best themed lunch place in all the parks!

I thought the Breakfastosaurus was a rotten deal with depressing flourescent lighting. They take the 'lack-of-comfort' theme a bit too far at such a high price.

BarleyJack
02-03-2008, 02:37 PM
Liberty Tree Tavern always gets a bad rap on these boards for serving frozen food, but it isn't like they're plucking feathers off the chicken over at the Crystal Palace. :)

I like LTT and always have. It's a decent meal in an adorable little restaurant.

OMG too funny! Plucking chickens....:lmao: :rotfl:

KatMark
02-03-2008, 05:08 PM
Boatwright's for dinner at the POR. We usually give every place a second chance...this place we will NOT.

Candikayne
02-03-2008, 06:50 PM
Ooohhhhh I know why I didn't have such high expectations...I went during free dining......... My first real experience with a wide variety of Disney restaurants. I guess if I had to pay out of pocket....I would be a bit more picky!

ilisao
02-03-2008, 06:50 PM
RE: your list
Morocco's TS is Cafe Marakesh.

Actually, not to nitpick, but the TS is Restaurant Marrakesh, which is also the name of pretty much every Moroccan restaurant in the US. The CS is Tangierine Cafe.

Eoywin
02-03-2008, 07:12 PM
We didn't have a bad meal at WDW, but the least favorite was Shutters... but it was still decent :goodvibes

My favorite was Ohana for dinner and my DH loved 50's Prime Time for lunch.

Mozart
02-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Waiting for someone to declare Victoria and Albert's as having the worst food in all of WDW...:rolleyes1

Well, it was the worst TS food we had in 2007 at WDW. Of course, it was the only TS food we had in 2007 at WDW. We couldn't afford to eat after that.

Worst ever: San Angel Inn. Bad service, lousy food. Just an overall horrible experience. To be honest, we didn't like Jiko a whole lot either.

Cool-Beans
02-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Oh, my gosh. I have to take up for Restaurant Marrakesh. It's my favorite place to have dinner. The service have always been AWESOME and were especially helpful when a friend of mine had to get a meal with no meat or dairy.

Tangerine Cafe is a pretty good quicky place, too.

Also, San Angel Inn. I've had some excellent servers and some average servers, but never had bad service. And I happen to like the food there a whole lot.

Cantina de San Angel is my very favorite fast food place in all of WDW. Lovely view sitting on the water, too. :thumbsup2

joenan88
02-04-2008, 04:55 PM
my vote is Liberty Town Tavern..can you say dry and overcooked..it was terrible!

mom2taylorandemily
02-04-2008, 08:47 PM
For us it was Shutters.

Our Favorite was Ohana!!

tomerin
02-04-2008, 09:13 PM
i consider myself lucky. so far we have been fortunate in our resturant experiences and havent had a bad meal. we have been dissapointed with the food in 2 places.

we as a family found the cape may buffett not very good. it wasnt really bad but i had heard so many good reviews that i guess i was expecting it to be better then the buffett at H&V. the dessert section was definitly lacking, the seafood really wasnt as good as i expected it to be. i know i am crazy for thinking H&V is better but if you go for the first dinner serving, i believe its at 3pm, the food is fresh and delicious.

San Angel inn was a beautiful and romantic place for my wife and myself to enjoy a nice dinner but the food was just average at best.

mickeyluv'r
02-06-2008, 03:40 PM
bump. Anybody else?

winterman
02-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Marrakesh. Yuk.

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

3guysandagal
02-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Maybe it was because we just werent having a good day (at Disney?, yes its possible) or because of the CM in training as our waitress, but we HATED Maya Grill. Veggies werent cooked, chicken didnt cut it, service sucked. Cm that was training the newbie had a definite attitude problem, but in her defence, I think she had had enough of the trainee that day, as we did in about 30 mins. She just didnt have what it takes to be a Disney CM. This was 2 years ago, but have never been back.

La2kw
02-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Liberty Tree Tavern... I can get that same food, in the frozen food section of any grocery store and make it at home and it comes out better.

Have you tried the character-free lunch there? It's much better than the character dinner.

La2kw
02-09-2008, 10:51 AM
WCC, 50's Prime Time, Marakkesh, Sci-Fi, Planet Hollywood, RFC, San Angel Inn, and Boma.

Buzz Litebeer
02-09-2008, 11:01 AM
Oh, my gosh. I have to take up for Restaurant Marrakesh. It's my favorite place to have dinner. The service have always been AWESOME and were especially helpful when a friend of mine had to get a meal with no meat or dairy.
Restaurant Marrakesh is the only restaurant in WDW where I've actually got up and left before ordering.

When I was seated for lunch the restaurant was virtually empty -- there was easily less than a dozen guests in the place, total. I was seated, and after waiting for 15 minutes without so much as someone to bring me a glass of water, I got up, and left. As I was leaving the hostess said, "You're leaving?" I replied, "Yep. I'll go somewhere that wants my business." :confused3 And yes, I stopped off at Guest Relations on my way out and gave them a heads-up on what happened. As I've often said, Disney can't fix what it doesn't know is broken.

darlak
02-09-2008, 11:07 AM
San Angel Inn, for both food and service. We've tried it 3 times now. It was bad each time, but then I kept coming back here and reading good reviews. :lmao: There won't be a 4th chance.

In defense of LTT, let me first say that I agree completely about their dinner menu, but lunch is totally different. They have the best crab cakes I've ever eaten and all of their desserts are great. My personal favorite is the chocolate cake, but my DD's love the warm apple crisp.

knovak
02-09-2008, 11:54 AM
For us it was LTT for dinner and Rose & Crown. At both places the food was not that good. The service at Rose & Crown was terrible as well - extremely slow! It was our 1st and last time at both of these restaurants.

dawnedwards
02-09-2008, 12:31 PM
I think that there are 2 types of TS at Disney, those you go to for good food and those you go to for the experience.

I agree that the food at Sci is not the best at Disney, but I have booked it for our upcoming trip b/c it is my two nephew's first trip to WDW and they will love the cars.

I try to strike a balance with are ADRS 50% character meals and atmosphere and 50% b/c of the food.

That way everyone is happy.

SaraMc
02-09-2008, 12:50 PM
I didnt like the Dinner we had at Sci-fi, however we had been the year previous for lunch and it was good. So that's why we went for dinner... the only thing we liked was our appitizer, but we also could have got that at TGI Fridays.
Wasnt a fan of Kona, the Salad with the blue cheese was not to our taste ( and I like blue cheese) DS was 6 months old and out cold in his stroller when we got there and the waitress was a bit rude and seemed put out that we didnt want to wake the sleeping baby to get him into a highchair. Ive heard breakfast is really good, so we may try it again.

Kitka
02-09-2008, 12:56 PM
For us, worst tasting meal AND worst service and atmosphere was at the Hollywood and Vine buffet dinner. Horrible. Every other experience we've had with Disney Dining has been good or great, that is the only true negative I could speak of.

jak07
02-09-2008, 01:36 PM
2 come to mind.

Fulton's...Overpriced and gross.

San Angel Inn...Horrible!!!!!!!! Years ago it was real Mexican food and it was good! They have since changed it to tex-mex and it is gross. We didn't eat half of our food. I can get Tex-mex on every corner here....I live in Texas!!!!!!:rotfl:

MonkeyPants
02-09-2008, 01:43 PM
My vote ... Has to be the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant at the Studios; Akershus at Epcot's World Showcase (Norway), comes to mind as well.

But the food at WDW overall is very good methinks, and I really can't complain at all.

Karnak

sci-fi diner is pretty rough

Lynn5700
02-09-2008, 02:12 PM
Norway lol...and hollywood and vine was horrid lol.Were not eating anywhere in Studios when we go in May...I like Pizza PLanet though lol,so we will prolly eat there.

LisaBi
02-09-2008, 07:33 PM
My best and worst were the same restaurant - different years. That would be CRT. The Lamb Shank in 2005 was nasty. The prime rib in 2007 was excellent.

uratoon
02-09-2008, 08:23 PM
It's a toss up of WORST

#1 California Grill (blahhhhh uck)
#2 O'hana

Our favorite was Tony's and Chefs de France!

JacknSally
02-09-2008, 08:49 PM
planet hollywood was the worst everything, from what i can remember. which isnt much because i was only like 11 at the time? haha.

i'm not a huge fan of sci-fi. the atmosphere's alright but the food isn't too impressive. also, 50s isn't up high on my list either...

fairestoneofall
02-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Restaurant Akershus in Epcot. Bleck and bland. That was the only restaurant where we left still hungry.

Buzz Litebeer
02-09-2008, 10:00 PM
planet hollywood was the worst everything, from what i can remember.
A friend of mine prides herself on having eaten at every restaurant on WDW property, and she also voted for Planet Hollywood as being the overall worst. I trust her judgement and haven't eaten there, myself -- of course, I recall not being overly impressed with the fare at other PHs.

jujashmom
02-09-2008, 10:05 PM
I won't eat at Sci-Fi or Whispering Canyon again. We have had a few bad meals here...I'm always willing to give a 2nd or 3rd chance...

Merriweather86
02-09-2008, 11:18 PM
My vote goes for Sci-Fi...and it's such a shame! The restaurant has such fantastic theming, and was always a favorite of my family's when I was growing up...unfortunately it's just gone way, way downhill though...:guilty:

IHEARTNY
02-10-2008, 12:54 AM
I really did not enjoy Spoodles. And unfortunately, it wasn't the actual food it was:
1. The lady who waited on on was terrible, she was basically non-existant and all we wanted were diet cokes and we kept sending them back and she kept giving us regular coke, which :mad: , because it's disgusting to me, just liek if you drink reg coke all the time and someone hands you a diet, it's undrinkable. Finally we asked another person to get it for us, and a water so that when we needed refills, if we got reg coke again we'd have water for back up.
2. The menu to me was terrible. I admit that I am very picky but there was only one thing in the entrees that didn't have fish or mushrooms so I felt the menu was very limiting.
3. It wasn't even busy but we had to wait forever for everything!

I've seen two of my favorite restaurants a few times on people's most disliked. Those being '50's Primetime and Liberty Tree Tavern.
Both of these I find extremely affordable and delicious. I've never eaten at LTT for dinner but the lunch is very good and their Lava Cake is my favorite desert I've ever had at a restaurant, ever!

IHEARTNY
02-10-2008, 12:58 AM
Oh and PS: Has anyone else who has been on the DDP when it's free felt like you weren't treated as well as the paying customers?

klofan
02-10-2008, 12:59 AM
I'm gonna have to say the California Grill. It was honestly inedible. I mean my friend got the tomato soup with grilled cheese. The grilled cheese was a circle floating in the middle of soup, and the soup tasted like paint.

3guysandagal
02-10-2008, 02:34 AM
Oh and PS: Has anyone else who has been on the DDP when it's free felt like you weren't treated as well as the paying customers?

Yes, they ask you, you say yes, and its "Oh....Ok"

Yet some are not phased at all, and its business as usual..

HonnyDipp
02-10-2008, 06:42 AM
Nine Dragons, I didnt like the food nor the service

uratoon
02-10-2008, 08:51 AM

YES!!! It is awful the way you are treated on the DP, and ours wasnt free!
Our worst experience with this was at the Coral Reef, the waitress should feel lucky that I was exercising 'Control'!:scared:

A_NY_Outlaw
02-10-2008, 10:38 AM
my vote goes to Mama Melroses hands down. What a terrible place.

disneymania10
02-10-2008, 11:02 AM
The worst restaurant i have ever been to is the breakfast in the castle. I got the pancakes and they were just horrible.

CruisinEars
02-10-2008, 12:56 PM
My dh and I ate at Rainforest Cafe about 13 years ago and it made both of us sick. It was like a mild version of food poisoning. Needless to say we have never eaten at another RC again. My dh will also not go back to Caribbean Beach since that is where he got sick and it now has a negative feel for him.:sad2:

We did have good meals at Coral Reef and Chef de France though.

NotTooGoofy
02-10-2008, 01:27 PM
The worst meal my family ever had at WDW was breakfast at Chef Mickey's. I'm sure it's not typical, but the meal we had was just blah. The food had little taste and seemed to be rather greasy/heavy. Of course it's about a number of years since we ate there so I imagine the food has improved.

The most disappointed meal I had in that it didn't meet expectations was O'hanas. The meat they brought around was just very fatty and chewy. I had heard good things about Ohanas and thought the meal would be a lot better than it was.

njco
02-10-2008, 01:35 PM

Do you think it has changed at all now that you have to leave a tip?

steffali
02-10-2008, 05:06 PM
Coral Reef and Ohana :eek:

goingsouth
02-10-2008, 05:53 PM
Our last trip, we tried Boma again and decided we'd never return. It is so noisy there, and we didn't enjoy ourselves. Also, not crazy about Chef Mickey's, the food was cold.

We have LTT, Ohanas and 50's Prime Time booked for next week. I have my fingers crossed!:lmao:

joanne

BabyPiglet
02-10-2008, 06:31 PM
Chef Mickey's.

But I never discourage people from going anywhere. We could've been there on a bad night, or it could've just not been to our taste. Opinions differ from family to family and if you get hung up on what other people say it can make you a basket case.

ReninDetroit
02-10-2008, 06:36 PM
The Garden Grill in the land is by far and wide the worst restaurant in WDW.

I've eaten at almost every table service restaurant; they really don't get any worse than this.

epcotfreak
02-10-2008, 07:07 PM
The Lunching Pad in TomorrowLand.

I had a few hairs in my food. Not one, or one long one, but a few hairs. It was truly disgusting! And to top it off, it was like pulling teeth getting new food from them. The girl at the counter didn't believe that it came from the cooks. I have never eaten there since.

Troy08
02-10-2008, 07:13 PM
First time I ate at the 50's prime time cafe, the meal was very good. Food was good and we had tons of fun. Second time was Horrid!!! Had the salmon, it was dryer then the Sahara!!!! The salad was limp and wimpy and the shakes were so think they were like mud!

The worst part was I convinced my traveling companions that we had to eat there because the food was so good.

For the price we paid it was just terrible!

HOGFAN
02-10-2008, 07:46 PM
raglan road. none of us cared for it, except the dessert, which was excellent.

A_NY_Outlaw
02-10-2008, 08:53 PM
I know I already posted, but I also remembered that we didn't like the food at Tony's Town Square either....could be we just chose lousy entrees, but I didn't think the ambiance nor the food were all that great. Still wasn't as bad as Mama Melroses....

letsgoagainsoon
02-10-2008, 09:27 PM
We did not like Mama Melrose at all.

splashmtrider
04-08-2008, 12:42 PM
I dont like Moroco

darlak
04-09-2008, 12:12 PM
My 'never ever again' is San Angel Inn. We've tried it 3 times and won't be going back.

On the other hand, the only place I must go every trip is Mama Melrose. I love how accommodating they are there. I usually get the Spaghetti Fra Diavolo, but always get it with shrimp only and with the non-spicy marinara. Their chocolate cake is one of my favorite desserts.

Of the two new places at AK (Tusker House and Yak & Yeti), we liked Tusker House okay. Y&Y just wasn't very good, but I do think our opinion was shaded by the one of worst servers we've ever had. I had the steak and shrimp and while the shrimp wasn't bad, the steak was terrible.

There are two places we'll only go a certain times. LTT is great for lunch, but we don't care for dinner there and Rose & Crown is great for dinner, but not for lunch.

DSNY4ever
04-09-2008, 02:26 PM
From our last trip, I think the worst was 50's prime time. The place was fun, and we enjoyed our experience, but the food tasted like cafeteria food- not terrible, but not anything I would particularly want again. Our absolute favorite from our last trip was Boma :love:

Abharmagic
04-09-2008, 03:23 PM
LTT- why am I paying that price for Stouffers :rotfl2:

raider97
04-09-2008, 04:26 PM
Hated H & V for lunch. Yuck!! Won't be going back. And we had a below average Ohana's meal last April. I really wanted to love Ohanas, but our server was terrible and our food wasn't very fresh. :(

We loved LTT for dinner. It is such a cute resturant and the food while not spectacular, was good and the character interaction was GREAT!!! We will do this one again for sure.

Stephanie

Cool-Beans
04-09-2008, 05:23 PM
My vote goes to Tony's. The food really isn't horrible, but it isn't any good and is ridiculously expensive. You'd do much much better and pay less at the Olive Garden.

Prime Time isn't the best, but it is good enough for me.

When the meat isn't dry, I absolutely adore LTT!!!!!

A_NY_Outlaw
04-09-2008, 07:58 PM
My vote goes to Tony's. The food really isn't horrible, but it isn't any good and is ridiculously expensive. You'd do much much better and pay less at the Olive Garden.

Prime Time isn't the best, but it is good enough for me.

When the meat isn't dry, I absolutely adore LTT!!!!!

I agree with you about TTS....although I think I could have just ordered a better entree. I probably would try Tony's again.

LTT though, I think is one of the best disney restaurants- plentiful and good tasting food- something that I thought was far and few between at most of the other places we tried.