PDA

View Full Version : Halloweentime...what's it like?

Sophie_2003
01-30-2008, 07:22 PM
Hello,

can someone tell me where to find info about halloweentime? We had plans for a Florida trip in October, but are considering a cruise out of LA (with Carnival) and we may be in Disneyland at the end of October.

We have never been to MNSSHP at WDW but we did attend MVMCP this year.

Any info about special events, characters, hard-ticket events would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

JenDisneylandlver
01-30-2008, 07:25 PM
They have Mickey's Halloween Treat party over at the DCA. You have to buy separate tickets for it. Pretty cool event. There are also lots of decorations (see my avatar where were posing in front of a giant Mickey pumpkin!). And the Haunted Mansion is decked out in a Nightmare Before Christmas theme (very cool, LOVE the overlay!).

October has turned in to quite the busy month at DL. Lots of schools are out for fall break, and with all the Halloween stuff going on it draws the crowds.

Lostgirlz
01-30-2008, 07:32 PM
From what info I have gotten WDW halloween party is a bigger event than the halloween treat at DL. It is a hard ticket event, and many CM have said sells out extremely fast. This is all the info on it I have gotten. I too am seeking pics and info.

Sophie_2003
01-30-2008, 07:35 PM
Any ideas when dates are announced and tickets go on sale?

AmericanItGirl
01-30-2008, 08:16 PM
As far as Disneyland is concerned, there's the decorations, special costumes for some characters, seasonal foods, Miss Pumpkin on Main Street, Woody's Halloween thing (forgot the name, shows and activities and a really cool pumpkin carver), and the ohsocool HMH.

bumbershoot
01-30-2008, 09:18 PM
OP, since you have a little kiddo, you would probably want to check out the Woody's Round-Up (behind Big Thunder). They have a little show, and other than that you can color pages. When we went they had mini-pumpkins that you could decorate with stickers, but I think they stopped that a week or so later (or maybe I'm misremembering). It was really cute.

I personally do not like the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay on HM. But I've never had any interest whatsoever in seeing the movie, so of course I don't want to be in the ride. I was able to ride *normal* HM last weekend and it was much better for me...so not everyone likes the holiday overlay of Haunted Mansion.

Last year HMH opened on the 21st of September, and they had the first Halloweentime party the Sunday, I think, after that. They had announced it, hmm, perhaps a month or so before? The party is over at DCA, and includes trick or treating, and many people wear costumes (which, of course, adults can't do at DLR normally).

Probably the closer to actual Halloween you want to go, the more competition there will be for the tickets. I'm quite sure people here will post as soon as they get word that the tickets are for sale. :)

Brady's Mom
01-31-2008, 04:54 PM
We had a great time in Oct. 2006 when we took our kids to DLR for the first time. DH and I had been before, DS1 had been with a high school event for about 1/2 day or so. (April I think) but other DS's 10, 4, and 2 had never been. It was fun to see all of the Halloween themes. I have some cute pics, but no idea how to insert them here from my hard drive.
We were at DLR over a long weekend from Utah and it was quite busy. We got a little fed up with the crowds on Sat. and spent most of the day at DCA. It was great. Not very busy and easy to get on rides. Also we saw the Block Party Bash and the DLR night time parade (don't know what it was called then).
When DH and I went in Sept. 07 we went during the week and skipped the weekend altogether. So there were no parades or shows and earlier closing times. But we got to shop and look around a lot and spend some time together. I had never been in a lot of the little stores in NOS. I could have spent a lotof money!!:rotfl: It was walk on for the rides and our longest wait was for ToT and that took about 20 minutes because they only had 2 elevators going.
We are going again in March and still going during the week because I hate to wait in line, but we are including a Fri. so we can see some shows and parades. (Sorry about the novel)