PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Pier and the GC

Alicnwondrln
01-30-2008, 04:43 PM
What can you tell me about them? Has anyone ever stayed concierge at them? How was it and it is like the WDW resorts?

Thanks

brergnat
01-30-2008, 05:07 PM
I've stayed concierge at both. PP was a few years back (2005) and GC was last October.

I LOVED GC Concierge! Best Disney hotel experience I've ever had, hands down.

Paradise Pier was a fine hotel, but didn't feel too "Disney" to me. It was a walk from everything...didn't like that. Rooms were HUGE, though. Concierge was what I would call "light". Lounge was okay, but offerings were sparse and the lounge had operating hours, and was closed the rest of the time. I'd not specifically recommend PP, but I'd choose it over NOT staying on property.

Now, GC is a superb hotel. Better, I think, than the Grand Floridian. The room we had was PLUSH (nice down comforter, double sheeted beds, plush robes and bath towels, etc.) The room had a plasma t.v. with dvd player and bunk beds for our kids. We loved it. The lounge was accessible all day and there was always really good food in there (LOTS of fresh fruits/veggies all day, which we loved and GREAT desserts at night, cookies and mini sized cakes, cheesecakes, tarts, etc.) The staff was excellent and they were all about getting you food/drinks and cleaning up.

I would highly recommend it, but not at rack rate. I paid $279/night with AP discount to stay Concierge. Best deal ever!