PDA

View Full Version : Shopping near Disneyland

robbity
01-30-2008, 04:33 PM
My 14yr. old daughter loves shopping:cutie: . Does anyone know some good shopping areas reasonably close to Disneyland?? :confused:

TaniaU
01-30-2008, 08:05 PM
I guess it depends on how close :) The Block at Orange is only a few minutes drive, its an outdoor mall with a bunch of different stores. Then there's Mainplace (I hope) with Macy's and Nordstroms, it's only a couple minutes drive further. We went last September and there was different shopping than at home, but I wouldn't say that is was different for everyone.

robbity
01-31-2008, 01:01 AM
thanks for your help. already knew about the block, but never heard of mainplace :goodvibes

MouseFan Down Under
01-31-2008, 01:33 AM
There is also South Coast Plaza - which has more 'high end' stores. But they also have Macy's, Robinsons-May, Saks, Sears and Nordstrom. Plus heaps more smaller stores

It's not too far away - you can catch the bus without too much trouble - South Harbour to Sunflower then change and go down Sunflower. Or there is a shuttle you can order to come to your hotel.

I do love Mainplace too. There is also Anahiem Plaza - which is a bit further away, but it has Ross, Walmart and a few others. (I really like this Ross store - I have got heaps of great bargins from here).

Happy Shopping!!!

I will be there melting the plastic in September!!!

Monkey Monkey
01-31-2008, 09:32 AM
And South Coast is great because it's indoors, whereas many of the other malls in SoCal are open-air.

If your daughter is a fan of the show "The O.C.", she might like South Coast because that's where Marissa got arrested for shoplifting on the show. ;)

phins_jazy
01-31-2008, 10:19 AM
Are there any disney outlets nearby?

Harlie
01-31-2008, 10:25 AM

Here is a list of SoCal Malls

http://www.family-vacation-getaways-at-los-angeles-theme-parks.com/Southern-California-Shopping.html

Here is a list of Outlets

http://www.family-vacation-getaways-at-los-angeles-theme-parks.com/Southern-California-Outlet-Malls.html

Yay! I was able to give good info this time!!

robbity
01-31-2008, 12:13 PM
thanks for all your help!

blue donkey
01-31-2008, 12:24 PM

There is a disney character warehouse outlet at the orangefair mall ~3 miles from disney. :)