PDA

View Full Version : Any Princess and Pirates tips....

akstory
01-30-2008, 01:05 PM
One question I had was:

We have passes for 2/9th we are also going to have dinner at Crystal Palace at 3:30 that day and BBB at 5:50. Do we at one point have to leave MK and re-enter when P/P starts?

Joanna71985
01-30-2008, 05:28 PM
One question I had was:

We have passes for 2/9th we are also going to have dinner at Crystal Palace at 3:30 that day and BBB at 5:50. Do we at one point have to leave MK and re-enter when P/P starts?

If you are not attending the party, you don't have to leave til 7pm. If you are attending the party, you can just go get wristbands when you are done.

disneydoula
01-30-2008, 06:58 PM
The above poster is correct- you won't have to leave MK.

As for tips for the party, the only advice I have is to hit the RIDES which should be without any wait. Unless you have a toddler with you who adores the "loot" they distribute (which is just stuff you can buy at the dollar store), focus on the park attractions!

Don't forget your camera, and ask many of the friendly cast members to take you picture at different spots throughout the park.

It was a great evening when we were there on the 21st. I hope you have wonderful weather like we did!

akstory
01-31-2008, 05:18 PM
Thanks!

PrincessTigerLily
02-02-2008, 06:34 PM
We were at the Party last Tuesday, and we had a total blast. DD6 and DS2 loved the treasure hunt, even though they are admittedly plastic necklaces and jewels. They are still trading and playing with them. One of the highlights of our night was the dance party at Ariel's Grotto. Normally, I would think that would be a waste of time, but DD had the most fun dancing with Sebastian and the fish and other kids. They have a few different locations around the park for these, and I had just as much fun watching her! Don't miss the fireworks or the parade, we had a great viewing spot for the parade in Liberty Square. The second half of the night all the rides were WALK-ON! Even Dumbo and Peter Pan! Have lots of fun!

BamaTigger
02-02-2008, 07:01 PM
WE WILL BE THERE ON THE 9TH TOO!!!:banana:

make sure you eat a big supper, because there are not alot of eating places to chose from because they close for the night (or, thats how it was when we were there last year). Just a few counter places were open, and they had snacks...not meals...so eat up me hearties, EAT UP!:lmao:

sullins5
02-03-2008, 03:03 PM
:confused3 I made DD8 a BBB appointment after four o'clock. But then read where you don't need a Park ticket that day, just P & PP ticket to get in that night. So, do I make sure my appt is late enough and just use my P&PP tickets to get in? Or do I go ahead and use my MYW day pass to the park?
And do the adults get dressed up for the party? And do you wear your costumes into the park? And is it worth it? I thought I read in one of the threads that adults were not allowed to wear costumes in the park? Any helps would be appreciated!

CBR March 2008!pirate: princess: princess:

bxtx
02-03-2008, 06:54 PM
You can get into MK with JUST your P&PP ticket from 4pm onwards.

We decided not to hit the park during the day but just rest/nap so the kids were ready to stay up late and party. We actually extended our trip by 1 day to use this extra day's entry we now had! A friend went last year, and her girls were too exhausted by 8pm having been in the park and then done the P&PP.

My boys are ready to be pirates! DH and I have costumes too - he is Jack Sparrow (from disneyshopping.com and ebay for the hat) and I've got 3/4 pants (existing); flouncy white shirt (ebay) and vest (ebay).
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii270/bxtx/080118008_edited-1.jpg
Bex

sullins5
02-04-2008, 06:06 AM
So everyone can dress up and go in the P&PP entrance?And do most parents dress up? I don't know that my dh will, it'll def take alot of coaxing..lol!
Love those boys pirate pictures!

CBR - March 2008

disneydoula
02-04-2008, 07:50 AM
Yes! Even adults can dress up! I don't know if MOST did when I was there, but MANY did. :)

dopeynme
02-04-2008, 08:12 PM
Don't miss the parade and especially the fireworks. DH and I feel they are the best ever!

Timon-n-Pumbaa Fan
02-14-2008, 05:46 PM
I saw this thread about an upcoming Official WDW Special Event. Wouldn't it be great if the DIS had a board for just those WDW Special Events? If you are interested in helping to make that happen, please consider voting in a poll that I created in hopes of making this dream a reality. I feel that it would be really helpful to be able to find all of the details on those special events in one place instead of lost in a sea of basic planning posts.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1721650

Sorry for hijacking the thread for a moment, but I do feel that having the new sub-board would be really helpful. Now, please return to the original discussion.