PDA

View Full Version : Best Stroller for Walt Disney World

javamommy
01-30-2008, 01:04 PM
I will be going to Walt Disney World in April and want to know what stroller everyone thinks is the best? I will be flying with Southwest and would like to bring it with me on the plane. Thanks for all your opinions! :thumbsup2

eventamy
01-30-2008, 01:23 PM
I'm going with my family for the first time in 3 weeks. I am bringing my stroller with me because it is the very best ever! I am so glad that I have it for this trip. I've taken it with me to other places, to tons of horse shows and never had a problem because it is light, folds easily, turns on a dime, can be handled with one hand and can take more then 1 child with the addition of the easy to add extra seat.
It's the Phil & Ted E3, check them out on Ebay! Great stroller! I think the new one is called a Sport buggy.

javamommy
01-30-2008, 01:36 PM
Thanks! I am going to Babies R Us tonight to look at strollers. I definitely want to bring my own but the ones I have already are too bulky. I would like to stay under 100 dollars. I will check out the one you recommended.

Have fun on your trip! I am so jealous you get to leave soon...... :)

NicoleWisconsin
01-30-2008, 01:47 PM
No personal experience, but have heard good things about the Maclaren Quest and Triumphs.. you can get a Triumph for about $110 shipped from Ebay. Also, there is a Volo. I ordered a Quest, but it's not here yet. We don't go until May. I ordered a Mac because I like that there is a rain cover, there is a basket, a hood, it's light weight, and has a carry strap.

snugglepeas
01-31-2008, 05:07 PM
We have done Disney with a chicco C5 , it is about 14lbs has a small sunshade and comes with a rain cover and it also reclines some, it's $90 at babies r us we have also gone with a Mac Volo it was only about 9lbs does not recline has a decent size sunshade, and costs $99 at babies r us, it really depends on the age of the child, when my daughter was 10 months old the chicco was better because we could recline it so she could sleep in it. when we go in a few weeks we are bringing the volo because it will be my sister and myself and 2 kids(20 months and 6 years and the volo is a bit lighter and has a shoulder strap so I can hold the stroller and the hand of my 6 years old while my sister holds the toddler.

tzolkin
02-01-2008, 07:49 AM
i just bought two maclaren volos on ebay for our upcoming trip. they were $57 + shipping each. (they run $129 at babies r us) this might be a good option. they were shipped within a few hours of placing my order, so since you're not going until may this might be a good option.

pros: lightweight (8/9lbs), folds like an umbrella stroller, has a shoulder carry strap, a basket underneath, a shade, a raincover, tall handles, holds 55lbs (this was the reason i couldnt use a cheaper stroller-- they only hold 35lbs and my kids are too big for them)

cons: the only problem you may have is that they don't recline. my kids will be 2 and 4 and they refuse to recline, but if you have a younger baby you might want to try the maclaren triumph. it's similar to the volo but the seat is more cushiony and it reclines. i think they were $89+shipping on ebay.

good luck with the shopping. it took me over a month of researching to make up my mind. ;)

javamommy
02-01-2008, 12:08 PM
I think I finally decided on the combi cosmo. It was within our price range and a lot of the features we wanted. Plus, you can get an infant car seat for it also. Thanks for all your suggestions!

Now we just have to wait until April :eek:

The other thing I am looking for is a good backpack/diaper bag. I don't want it to be too big but I want it to hold some diapers, wipes, a book, our cell phones and cards, and water bottles. If you have any suggestions, let me know :)

eventamy
02-01-2008, 01:37 PM
I just got a new bag from LL Bean to act as our bag for our trip. It's the Travel Bag, I got the large version, in Tarragon green (I think!, it's the green anyway!) and it's really cool. I had a gift card so I got it, and it's really nice and has plenty of room and great pockets etc.