PDA

View Full Version : A Birthday at Disneyland - Please Help! :)

PirateGirlinCA
01-30-2008, 01:21 PM
Hey everyone... first time poster here, so *waves* HI!

Im 20 years old, and this summer Ill be celebrating the long awaited TWENTY ONE!

Im a Pirates of the Caribbean Freak - pirates galore - I got a tattoo on new years, so basically branded myself with the Pirate Motto: Yo Ho! Yo Ho! A Pirates Life For Me! .... you can say im obsessed. :)

Anyway, Ive decided to celebrate my 21st birthday at Disneyland (in California), I was wondering if anyone had any tips, advice, or anything I can do to make the day even better - I know they have "kids parties", and im in no way shape/form an adult, but, im pretty sure theres an age limit on the "Pirate Party". So, I was just wondering if anyone knew of anything else that Disneyland puts on, or could possibly put on - etc etc... :) Thanks everyone.

jemilah
01-30-2008, 04:55 PM
No there are no theme party set ups. All ages can go to the birthday celebration daily on Main St. but I think it is a big time waster. Get a birthday button , you will recieve lot's of birthday wishes from CM's! If you are staying on site vacation planning can arange a cake with a pirate theme or possibly a gift basket. Treat yourself to lots of stuff outside the POC ride at the priate store. Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!pirate:

Lostgirlz
01-30-2008, 05:06 PM
To my knowledge they have never had any type of pirate party. WDW has the pirate and princess party, but DL does not. DL has pat-e-cakes party at the plaza inn, but honestly not really a big to-do type of thing.

EltonJohn
01-30-2008, 07:24 PM
Personally speaking you might enjoy TI in Las Vegas if you're a big pirate fan :)

prettyprincessbelle
01-30-2008, 10:21 PM
Im 20 years old, and this summer Ill be celebrating the long awaited TWENTY ONE!
everyone.

Hi!! I'm celebrating my 21 at DL too! It's my third year for going to DL for my birthday.. Don't forget your birthday button. And I have a BLAST on my birthday at character breakfasts! :goodvibes

PrincessKell
01-30-2008, 10:25 PM
First off HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you when it comes! and how cool to do the big 2-1 at DL!!!

grab that button and just throw yourself a day long walking Pirate party, go find all the Pirates and have fun!

spazzyjazzy
01-31-2008, 12:50 AM
I just spent my birthday at Disneyland also. Get your birthday button at City Hall. You will get many Happy Birthday wishes from the CM's and other visitors to Disneyland. I was watching the Parade of Dreams and Peter Pan waved to me and yelled Happy Birthday to me and blew me a kiss. It was great. We also had lunch at the Blue Bayou and the waiter brought me out a chocolate moussey stuff with a lit candle on it. It was fun and I had a blast even if it was my BIG 3-1 birthday.

PrincessKell
01-31-2008, 12:52 AM
OK thats it! I am soo going for my big 3-0! You all have my sold! hahaha two more years to go.

Lostgirlz
01-31-2008, 01:46 AM
lol.... I'm turning the for me horrid 3-0 this year. I already have my dl booked and ready. If I have to turn ugh 30 i'm doing it DL.

MouseFan Down Under
01-31-2008, 02:41 AM
Totally agree lostgirlz! I ran away from my 30 to DL! It was just my mum and me and we had a great time. I figured if I was in a different country it didn't count - and being at DL actually made me younger...

Get you Happy Birthday Button and just to all your favourite things! Remeber - it's all about YOU!!!:cheer2:

Alice's Mom
01-31-2008, 03:02 AM
Don't forget to get your sack of tortillas from the Mission Tortilla Factory, they are yummy!

Oh and so far I am liking 30 :thumbsup2

prettyprincessbelle
01-31-2008, 01:03 PM
That's why I keep going back! I LOVE celebrating at DL..! People think I'm crazy going to DL for my 21st instead of Vegas.. Oh well!!! :crazy:

jemilah
02-02-2008, 01:00 PM
:cheer2: Disneyland beats Vegas any day!

rockstargeisha
02-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Does the park still do the birthday buckets/cakes? I know for my birthday a few years ago my friends requested the Princess Birthday bucket. It's a crown shaped bucket with a mini-cake on top that included a pin, magnet set, and brush/mirror. I loved it! I believe it costs $25.

I just looked it up, yes they still sell birthday buckets.

Here is the link to the official Disneyland site about birthdays:
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/moreMagic/specialOccasions/detail?name=BirthdaysDetailPage

Sometimes when you go to the restuarant and tell the hostess someone in your party is celebrating a birthday or anniversary they will bring out a dessert with "Happy Birthday" written in chocolate. I've seen this done at the Blue Bayou.

That's it from me, have a blast!! :)