PDA

View Full Version : Fun Family places to eat by Disneyland

Goofy'sBuddy
01-30-2008, 11:38 AM
I grew up in California, and currently live in Houston. I haven't been to Disneyland in 12-13 years but am bringing my family in March. Albeit our visit to Disney will only be 2 whole days and one half day (the day we arrive), I want the experience to be as fun and special as possible. My wife and I would like to be able to take them to a couple fun places to eat like the day we arrive and the day we leave. The kids are 7 and 9

I had read somewhere that Goofy's Kitchen was fun and that the characters walk around inside and interact. Is this true and are their other such places?

Is Downtown Disney the place to go? Are there other places (not-necessarily Disney themed) in the immediate area that would be fun?

What about Medieval Times or a Pirate dinner theater, are these still decent?

Sorry, the search function doesn't appear to be working and I'm new here.
Thanks for any input!

mystic_path
01-30-2008, 11:53 AM
Medieval times is a great place to go. The food I found was delicious and the show was very interactive and fun to watch. Great family fun for sure.

I would also vote for Goofy Kitchen at the DLH and Mimi's down by the Howard Johnson.

zonamom
01-30-2008, 12:25 PM
We've eaten at the Rain Forest Cafe in Downtown disney. Kids seem to really enjoy the atmosphere. Goofy's kitchen is fun too!

Other places we've eaten...

Ariel's Grotto-Inside of California Adventures-this one is a sitdown character meal-no buffet, which is nice so you can sit and enjoy the characters coming around.(Princesses)

Minnie's Breakfast-Buffet, characters come around to this one too, inside of Disneyland.

Tortilla Joe's in Downtown Disney
Tony Roma's across the street from the entrance.

Goofy'sBuddy
01-30-2008, 12:33 PM
Awesome. Thanks for the suggestions. Anymore?

Sally_fan
01-30-2008, 02:30 PM
We loved Goofy's & had an awesome experience there! We can't wait to go back in October.

bumbershoot
01-30-2008, 03:19 PM
We liked Coco's on Katella. Also Rainforest cafe (the nacho appetizer without meat was delicious and HUGE).