PDA

View Full Version : Question about booking and taxis...

EMAW
01-30-2008, 09:48 AM
Hi there! We are planning our second trip to Disneyland May 31- June 5.

Last time we rented a car, but this time I'm thinking of doing without. Does anyone have a current taxi rate from John Wayne to Harbor Boulevard? I found a car rental for around $140 and my sister is telling me taxis in CA are pricey so I'm debating which way to go.

Also, does anyone have experience booking for early June? I'm wondering if prices I am seeing now might go down at all, or if the DL hotels might start another special after their current one expires. Any thoughts?

TIA! You guys are so helpful!

Emilie
dh Michael
dd Ashleigh 5
ds Will 1

ter-moo
01-30-2008, 11:13 AM
Hi there! We are planning our second trip to Disneyland May 31- June 5.

Last time we rented a car, but this time I'm thinking of doing without. Does anyone have a current taxi rate from John Wayne to Harbor Boulevard? I found a car rental for around $140 and my sister is telling me taxis in CA are pricey so I'm debating which way to go.

Also, does anyone have experience booking for early June? I'm wondering if prices I am seeing now might go down at all, or if the DL hotels might start another special after their current one expires. Any thoughts?

TIA! You guys are so helpful!

Emilie
dh Michael
dd Ashleigh 5
ds Will 1

Ask the taxi driver for a flat rate. They run about $35-40. When you go BACK to the airport, ask AGAIN for a flat rate, or you'll pay a lot more.

mystic_path
01-30-2008, 11:30 AM
I love going early june and I am going back this june from the 1-10th...

Taxi's are expensive and I dont necessarily like taking them. I would call up the cab company and see if they can give you a quote, but with me I take Super Shuttle, its $10 per person one way and drops you off right at your hotel like a taxi would. All you have to do is call super shuttle, tell them when your flight is coming in and they will put you down in their reservation book. Super Shuttle vans come in and out all the time so there is never a lack of shuttles. You wont find a guy hold up a sign with your name on it. Just grab your luggage and head to the shuttle location and you will see several cabs waiting for you :thumbsup2

As for booking your hotel and such... are you getting a package deal with flight and hotel or are you purchasing them seperatly because sometimes you can find Kids fly free promos. I would keep an eye open for that, but I like using the sites

www.orbitz.com and www.travelocity.com

Those seem to be the cheapest for package flight and hotel deals and the prices go down closer to June. I've been watching and every 10 days for the flight and hotel packages and the prices have been going down by about $10. My family books our flight and hotel package around the end of March. Packages that are $850 in January will be down to about $675 give or take. OH and another tip, if you decide to get a package flight and hotel deal, the more people in the room, the cheaper it will be for you.

bumbershoot
01-30-2008, 06:06 PM
I definitely agree that SuperShuttle from/to SNA is a good deal. And if you have the Entertainment Book, you can use their coupon to get $4 off. However, they got me to the airport soooooooo early it was almost painful, and I chose the latest of the options they had. They were also 30 minutes early (lucky I was there already!).

In the future, if I'm traveling like I was this weekend (carry-on only), I personally would fudge the time of the outgoing flight, b/c sitting there for 2.5 hours (and that's BEFORE my flight was delayed by an hour) wasn't as much fun as one might think it would be. :lmao:

On the other hand, 35ish for a cab isn't horrible, either, especially if you have 2 or 3 people.

cheesemouse
01-30-2008, 09:14 PM
We were just there in December and flew into SNA too. We took a cab and it was $35 each way plut tip. It was SO easy and fast and I can't recommend it enough! Literally, 20 minutes after getting our luggage we were in our hotel room on Harbor Blvd. There are always plenty of cabs waiting and it's a flat fee, but double check when you get in just to be sure. It's so much better than Super Shuttle because you don't have to stop at any other hotels and you can go whenever you want on the return, no having to get there early or worse, late. Go for the taxi!!!

EMAW
01-31-2008, 12:13 AM
Thanks so much for all the helpful information! I knew this was the right place to ask :goodvibes

Emilie