PDA

View Full Version : Double Tree Inn Suites?

mom23boyz
01-30-2008, 10:04 AM
Anyone have experience here? How easy is the walk?

Padstack
01-30-2008, 10:42 AM
We stayed here about a year ago and enjoyed the stay. The beds are very comfortable, but any Hilton family hotel in the area will have these comfy beds. The walk is a little to long for me so we drove to the park in the morning. I do not know if they offer a shuttle. The big plus for me is that you get a warm cookie when you check in.

I would recommend the Embassy Suites down the street. They have a shuttle for $3 per person and you get a great breakfast included in the rate. Parking is free unlike at the DoubleTree Suites ($11).

tofubeast
01-30-2008, 11:10 AM
I have never stayed there, but heard good things. I do know that they share shuttle transportation by being a part of the Anaheim Resort Transport (ART). So there is a shuttle that will take you to the park. You do have to pay a nominal feel to use the ART each day.

mom23boyz
01-30-2008, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the info...anyone else think maybe Embassy over Double Tree?

tofubeast
01-30-2008, 04:31 PM
If it means anything to you, Double Tree is listed as #2 (behind Candy Cane Inn) on Trip Advisor (based on reviews and value.)

Vanvmom
01-30-2008, 09:31 PM
We really enjoyed our stay at the DoubleTree, but we drove to the parks. We had a free parking voucher for DL, so it was cheaper than taking ART for our family. The breakfasts were good at the hotel as well.

CPM
01-31-2008, 12:06 AM
I also have both booked for our July trip. I can't decide!!