PDA

View Full Version : Unknown Facts about Disney movies

dlawallace
01-29-2008, 07:08 PM
I thought it would be fun to start a thread with people leaving interesting facts that are not very well known about any Disney movies.

Here's mine.....

Did you know that the narrative voice in the beginning of Cinderella is the same person that was the voice for Cruella Deville in 101 Dalmations?

addicted2disney
01-29-2008, 07:17 PM
My friend told me that the voice of Madame Leota in the crystal ball in the Haunted Mansion, is the voice of Maleficent in Sleeping Beauty.

mommykds
01-29-2008, 07:18 PM
Cool!

I don't know how "unknown" this is but...
The same man (Hans Conried) is the voice of both Mr Darling & Captain Hook in Peter Pan.

tiggerfan1
01-29-2008, 07:20 PM
Cool thread idea! Here's mine:

In Mary Poppins, many of the other applicants for the nanny position were actually men dressed in drag.

dlawallace
01-29-2008, 08:28 PM
BUMP:goodvibes

stepnut
01-29-2008, 08:42 PM
When Mickey "debuted" in Steamboat Willie, he had black hands. They were later changed to white gloved hands to show up better against his white body.

I always knew he went from black to white, but I never really knew there was a specific reason.

my3disneygirls
01-29-2008, 08:54 PM
Cool idea!

praline3001
01-29-2008, 08:57 PM
Here is my contribution :goodvibes

Did you know Belle makes a cameo appearence in The Hunchback of Notre Dame?

During the song Out there when they show the courtyard, there she is with her blue dress and of course her nose buried in a book :rotfl:

korzmom
01-29-2008, 09:21 PM
john ratzinberger voices characters in all the pixar/disney movies.

dlawallace
01-29-2008, 09:29 PM
You can see the beast (from beauty and the beast) in the tower of the sultan's little toys.

bradk
01-29-2008, 09:29 PM
john ratzinberger voices characters in all the pixar/disney movies.

even makes a note of it himself at the end of cars when they're at the drive-in :)

murphnjamie
01-29-2008, 09:33 PM
Here's one. The monkey actually swears in Alladin. You have to listen for it but it is when the rocks start disappearing into the lava. I love it...luckily the kids haven't noticed. :rolleyes1

missesdisney
01-29-2008, 10:49 PM
At the end of Monsters Inc, when Sully is in Boo's room - he has a nemo stuffed animal (the movie wasn't' out yet). I think there is a similar trailer on another pixar movie -anyone know it?

rosegirl
01-29-2008, 10:52 PM
I'm really bad with these, but I thought that in Nemo, there was a Toy Story reference that was very brief.

dlawallace
01-29-2008, 11:26 PM
Yes....as well as the Nemo doll Boo hands Sully a Jessie doll.

momtimesone
01-30-2008, 12:33 AM
In finding nemo there is one shot of the dentist office and laying on the floor is a buzz light year action figure

In The Hunchback of Notre Dame
During the song Out there when they show the courtyard
the Lion King's Pumbaa is being carried by two men with a pole, and a street merchant is shaking out the flying carpet from Aladdin.

A photo of a naked lady can be seen in The Rescuers.

Disney produced an animated film called The Story of Menstruation.I read these facts on another website that deals with urban legends.

Robo
01-30-2008, 12:41 AM
The same man (Hans Conried) is the voice of both Mr Darling & Captain Hook in Peter Pan.

That's been a Peter Pan tradition since J.M. Barrie first wrote the original play.

The actor who plays Mr. Darling also plays Capt. Hook.

madfelice
01-30-2008, 01:06 AM
I think the voices of Alice in Alice in Wonderland and Wendy in Peter Pan were the same actress, were they not?

Brian_WDW74
01-30-2008, 01:20 AM
I think the voices of Alice in Alice in Wonderland and Wendy in Peter Pan were the same actress, were they not?

Yes, Kathryn Beaumont. She reprised both roles for the "Kingdom Hearts" video game and provided the voice for Alice in several "House of Mouse" episodes. :thumbsup2

Disney1976
01-30-2008, 02:35 AM
The word "sex" clearly appears in the night sky during a scene of The Lion King. It's the scene where adult Simba walks away from Timon and Pumba, clearly upset, and flops down on the ground, and it kicks up dust.

PrincessBelle39
01-30-2008, 05:10 AM
I dont have any of these but am really enjoying reading them.

mommykds
01-30-2008, 07:35 AM
In Hercules, there is a scene where Herc is standing for a potrait & he is wearing "Scar's" fur.

Buzz Litebeer
01-30-2008, 07:46 AM
My friend told me that the voice of Madame Leota in the crystal ball in the Haunted Mansion, is the voice of Maleficent in Sleeping Beauty.
Yep. Eleanor Audley. She also voiced Lady Tremaine in Cinderella.

Here's one. The monkey actually swears in Alladin. You have to listen for it but it is when the rocks start disappearing into the lava. I love it...luckily the kids haven't noticed. :rolleyes1
Just an urban legend.

The word "sex" clearly appears in the night sky during a scene of The Lion King. It's the scene where adult Simba walks away from Timon and Pumba, clearly upset, and flops down on the ground, and it kicks up dust.
It doesn't spell out "sex" -- but it does spells out "SFX" (for Special Visual Effects, the unit that animated that sequence). They thought they were being cute and didn't realize the controversy that would be created.

Here's some Toy Story 2 trivia: In the opening of Toy Story 2, Buzz is flying through an alien landscape on his way to infiltrate Zurg's fortress. That landscape is actually a redressed Ant Island from "it's a bug's life". The tree that was on Ant Island also appears in Toy Story 2 in the flashback scene with Jesse. And the toy repairman in TS2 is actually Geri from the Pixar short film "Geri's Game".

haley's mom
01-30-2008, 07:48 AM
In tha last song of High School Musical 2 where they are singing at the pool, Miley Cyrus is in the crowd singing and dancing.

A little different from previous posts, but HSM2 is still Disney.

tink576
01-30-2008, 08:52 AM
In enchanted the women who voiced Ariel in the Little Mermaid played the secretary in the office...there was even a fish tank and quiet Little Mermaid music in the background

praline3001
01-30-2008, 09:26 AM
Disney produced an animated film called The Story of Menstruation.I

I remember seeing this in my 6th grade class :lmao: :lmao:
I won't go into details but I am 36 and it still haunts me ;)
All I could think of while watching this class film was ...but but but this is DISNEY :rotfl: :hippie:

madfelice
01-30-2008, 09:31 AM
In enchanted the women who voiced Ariel in the Little Mermaid played the secretary in the office...there was even a fish tank and quiet Little Mermaid music in the background

Ithought I saw this and then thought I must be nuts for imagining such a thing!

BTown
01-30-2008, 09:35 AM
Great thread. I love this sort of stuff. I figure, I should start from the beginning, so here are some fun facts from Snow White -

- Some of the people involved in Snow White thought the name Dopey was too modern for the classic fairy tale, and felt the characters name should be changed. Walt Disney managed to change their minds by convincing them all that Shakespeare had once used the word in one of his plays. Of course, no reference to this word has ever been found in any of his works.

- To give Snow White a more natural look, some of the ink and paint artists started applying their own rouge on her cheeks. When Walt Disney asked one how they would apply the rouge correctly for each cell, she responded, "What do you think we've been doing all our lives?"

- When the film premiered at New York's Radio City Music Hall, all the velvet upholstery on the seats needed to be changed after the first engagement was over. It seems that the sequence when Snow White gets lost in the forest was so frightening to the young viewers, that many of them wet their pants during the film.

So, there's a few for now. More to come. There are plenty of films to cover here...

the_princess
01-30-2008, 09:39 AM
bump :)

mickey0624
01-30-2008, 10:13 AM
Pirates of the Carribean : Curse of the Black Pearl was the first PG-13 movie released under the Walt Disney Pictures label. Previously all movies that Disney produced that weren't G or PG were under the Touchstone label

mickey0624
01-30-2008, 10:14 AM
IN POTC " Curse of Black pearl, When Will wakes up after being knocked out, he looks out into the port and you can see the same girl who played the young Elizabeth sweeping at a doorway

mickey0624
01-30-2008, 10:15 AM
In POTC, The names of the three main characters are all linked to birds. Jack Sparrow, Elizabeth Swann and William Turner, who was a famous ornithologist

mickey0624
01-30-2008, 10:16 AM
Peter Pan had two notable "lasts":
1) This was the final Disney film in which all nine members of the Nine Old Men worked together on it as directing animators.
2) It was the last full-length Disney animated film distributed by RKO. All of Disney's films after early 1954 would be distributed by Buena Vista, as well as all of the post-1954 re-releases of his earlier films.

This is a great thread

tink576
01-30-2008, 10:35 AM
Prince Eric from Little Mermaid and The Prince in Cinderella 2 and 3 are all voiced by the same guy, Christopher Daniel Barnes

swimlib
01-30-2008, 10:44 AM
ok these are mine...

The Pizza Planet Truck from Toy Story is in every pixar film, although sometimes hard to find.

The man who voiced Roger in 101 dalmations also voiced Grimsby in the Little Mermaid.

In Beauty and the beast, the woman who voiced Ariel in Little Mermaid plays the 3 blonde girls.

I know I have more, I'll just have to do some more digging.

Luv4Disney
01-30-2008, 11:50 AM

Also the voice of the wicked Stepmother in Cinderella

Kies99
01-30-2008, 12:09 PM
In tha last song of High School Musical 2 where they are singing at the pool, Miley Cyrus is in the crowd singing and dancing.

My 6yo and 4yo daughters first noticed this and pointed it out to me! I think I'm the only 36yo Dad who has seen HSM and HSM2 more than 10 times each as well as the only one who can name all the characters in the movies as well as in the Hannah Montanna TV show!! :happytv: :banana: :rotfl2:

POB14
01-30-2008, 12:11 PM
I only discovered this because my DD8 has taken to asking about the actors in every single movie we see, but:

The voice of Jim Crow (!) in Dumbo (he sings "If I See an Elephant Fly") is the same man who was Jiminy Cricket in Pinocchio (and a number of the TV shows), Cliff "Ukulele Ike" Edwards.

That's the most difficult thing I've ever posted, because I can't spell "Ukulele", "Jiminy", or "Pinocchio". :rotfl:

belle1627
01-30-2008, 12:24 PM
There is a Belle doll on the shelf in the little girls bedroom in Enchanted.

POB14
01-30-2008, 12:41 PM
I'm hoping when the DVD comes out for Enchanted, that there's a "Find The References" feature. There are probably dozens of references to other Disney movies (they eat at the Bella Notte cafe, for example). There's a list in the Wikipedia article on the movie.

the_princess
01-30-2008, 12:49 PM
This might not be a big secret, but here it comes anyway: The wizard Yensid the Sorcerer from Fantasia 2000 is Disney spelled backwards.

Buzz Litebeer
01-30-2008, 01:48 PM

IIRC, the Disney Channel hosted a poll last year where viewers could vote on certain elements of HSM2. One of the polling questions was "Which Hannah Montanna star would you like to see have a cameo in the film?" Not surprisingly, Miley Cyrus won.

disney[xo]sweetie
01-30-2008, 01:54 PM
Disney produced an animated film called The Story of Menstruation.I read these facts on another website that deals with urban legends.

haha that made me laugh out loud!
eew i dont even want to picture that animated right now!
*gags*

Buzz Litebeer
01-30-2008, 02:14 PM
In Beauty and the beast, the woman who voiced Ariel in Little Mermaid plays the 3 blonde girls.
Jodi Benson? IMDB claims Mary Kay Bergman and Kath Soucie voiced the Bimbettes.

However... 5'2" 92 lb. actress Sherri Stoner served as the live-action model for both Belle and Ariel. Some of her mannerisms -- brushing aside her hair and biting her lip -- even wound up being worked into the animation. Ms. Stoner would later go on to work at Warner on Animaniacs and Tiny Toon adventures as a writer, producer, and voice talent (she voiced Slappy Squirrel).

Buzz Litebeer
01-30-2008, 02:32 PM
Pirates of the Carribean : Curse of the Black Pearl was the first PG-13 movie released under the Walt Disney Pictures label. Previously all movies that Disney produced that weren't G or PG were under the Touchstone label
The Black Hole (1979) was the first Disney film to get a PG rating.

Prince Eric from Little Mermaid and The Prince in Cinderella 2 and 3 are all voiced by the same guy, Christopher Daniel Barnes
Christopher Daniel "C.D." Barnes also voiced Spider-Man in the popular 1990s animated series of the same name and played Greg Brady in Paramount's popular "Brady Bunch" films.

disneyfav4ever
01-30-2008, 02:35 PM
The voice of Merriweather in Sleeping Beauty is the voice of Lady in Lady and the Tramp, also the voice of Aunt Sarah in Lady and the Tramp is the voice of the Fairy Godmother in Cinderella.

Also Jodi Benson, (the voice of Ariel,) Paige O'Hara, (the voice of Belle,) and Judy Kuhn, (the voice of Pocahontas,) all made cameos in Enchanted.

disneyfav4ever
01-30-2008, 02:38 PM
In The Hunchback of Notre Dame
During the song Out there when they show the courtyard
the Lion King's Pumbaa is being carried by two men with a pole, and a street merchant is shaking out the flying carpet from Aladdin.Belle also appears during that song.

Kies99
01-30-2008, 02:41 PM
One of the bugs Timon pulls out of the log during "Hakuna Matata" is wearing Mickey Ears.

Also, James Earl Jones (Mufasa) and Madge Sinclair (Sarabi) both played an African King & Queen in the Eddie Murphy film "Coming to America".

disneyfav4ever
01-30-2008, 02:42 PM
Mrs. Potts appears in Tarzan during the "Trashin the Camp" scene.

mickey0624
01-30-2008, 02:54 PM
Here is a few from my favorite Disney animated movie, Aladdin:

John Candy, Steve Martin and Eddie Murphy were all considered at one point to provide the voice of the Genie.

In the original folktale, Aladdin is actually Chinese

Whenever Aladdin tells a lie, the plume on his hat falls and covers his face

When Aladdin asks Genie if he can make him into a prince, and Genie consults his "cookbook", one of the things he pulls out of the book is Sebastian from The Little Mermaid

Lea Salonga, who is the voice of Mulan is also the signing voice for Jasmine.

nickeymouse
01-30-2008, 03:01 PM

Ya! I'm glad I'm not the only person who noticed that. Her name I think is Jodie Benson... Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Buzz Litebeer
01-30-2008, 03:14 PM
Speaking of Eddie Murphy...

In "The Haunted Mansion", the first words spoken are "Welcome, Foolish Mortals!" This line of dialogue was not taken from the venerable attraction, but was spoken by actor Corey Burton, who also voices the Ghost Host during "Happy HalloWishes" and "The Haunted Mansion Holiday".

The chairs used in the Dining Room scene in "The Haunted Mansion" were used for the final scene in Disney's re-imagineered Pirates of the Caribbean attraction (it's the chair Jack Sparrow is reclining on while he hoists a goblet of rum).

The Pipe Organ in the Mansion's ballroom in Disneyland was used in the 1955 classic Disney film "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea". The organ at WDW's mansion is an exact replica created by MAPO (Disney's Manufacturing And Production Offices).

"Blackbeard's Ghost" was the film in production when Walt Disney died. The spellbook in Madame Leota's Seance Room displays a spell used in that film ("A spell to bring to your eyes and ears one who is bound in Limbo," followed by Kree Kruh Vergo Gebba Kalto Kree).

DizzDoll
01-30-2008, 03:18 PM
Fun thread!!! I could use this during busy season (tax) when NO ONE on the PLANET has a sense of humor!!!:lmao:

haley's mom
01-30-2008, 03:32 PM
IIRC, the Disney Channel hosted a poll last year where viewers could vote on certain elements of HSM2. One of the polling questions was "Which Hannah Montanna star would you like to see have a cameo in the film?" Not surprisingly, Miley Cyrus won.

I wonder whose poster will appear in the new Cheetah Girls movie?

DisDarling
01-30-2008, 04:40 PM
If any of you have watched "Step by Step". the friend of one of the older brother falls in love with Dana, the oldest sister, he is the voice of MAX on the "Goofy Movie."

The actor that plays Marcias husband on the Very Brady Christmas is the very popular voice of "Now coming to Disney DVD.." and the voice of the Disney Movie Club.

Amy Adams from Enchanted was Jim's girlfriend for a couple of episodes of Season 2 of the OFFICE.

I will think of more...

DisDarling
01-30-2008, 04:42 PM
Here is a few from my favorite Disney animated movie, Aladdin:

John Candy, Steve Martin and Eddie Murphy were all considered at one point to provide the voice of the Genie.

In the original folktale, Aladdin is actually Chinese

Whenever Aladdin tells a lie, the plume on his hat falls and covers his face

When Aladdin asks Genie if he can make him into a prince, and Genie consults his "cookbook", one of the things he pulls out of the book is Sebastian from The Little Mermaid

Lea Salonga, who is the voice of Mulan is also the signing voice for Jasmine.

I think your Mulan reference is wrong, the gal who played Mulan was from E.R.- I dont know her name, but I know it isnt Lea. Anyone else know?

Enchanted
01-30-2008, 04:56 PM
All of these come from the trivia pages of imdb.com:

Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl

- "According to the DVD commentaries, Geoffrey Rush has a theory that people watch the screen from left to right, just like when they read a book. Therefore, he tried to be in the left side of the screen as often as possible. He was particularly intent on doing this in the scenes with the monkey and Keira Knightley because he didn't think anyone would look at him otherwise."

- "The substance sprayed on William Turner after the sword fight between him and Captain Jack Sparrow is actually powdered chocolate."

- "Johnny Depp wore contact lenses which served as sunglasses so he wouldn't be squinting in the sun all the time."

Beauty and the Beast

- "Art director Brian McEntee color keyed Belle so that she is the only person in her town who wears blue. This is symbolic of how different she is from everyone else around. Later, she encounters the Beast, another misfit, also wearing blue."

- "Chip is the only object in the movie to mention Belle by her name. All of the other objects refer to her as 'mademoiselle,' 'she,' 'her,' 'the girl,' etc."

- "Angela Lansbury, the voice of Mrs. Potts, thought that another character would be better suited to sing the ballad 'Beauty and the Beast.' The director asked her to make at least one recording to have for a back up if nothing else worked, and that one recording ended up in the film."

- "Robby Benson's voice was altered by the growls of real panthers and lions so that it is virtually unrecognizable. This is why near the end when the Beast transforms into the prince his voice changes. His voice is also not changed on the original motion picture soundtrack."

Brian_WDW74
01-30-2008, 05:02 PM
I think your Mulan reference is wrong, the gal who played Mulan was from E.R.- I dont know her name, but I know it isnt Lea. Anyone else know?

You're both right. Ming-Na, who played Dr. Jing-Mei Chen on ER, was the speaking voice for Mulan. Lea Salonga provided the singing voices for both Mulan and Jasmine (whose speaking voice was provided by Linda Larkin).

DisDarling
01-30-2008, 05:08 PM
You're both right. Ming-Na, who played Dr. Jing-Mei Chen on ER, was the speaking voice for Mulan. Lea Salonga provided the singing voices for both Mulan and Jasmine (whose speaking voice was provided by Linda Larkin).

Thanks Brian!! ;)

murphnjamie
01-30-2008, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphnjamie
Here's one. The monkey actually swears in Alladin. You have to listen for it but it is when the rocks start disappearing into the lava. I love it...luckily the kids haven't noticed.

Just an urban legend.

NOT an Urban Legend. It is there. It may not have been intended..but it's there. :)

suzij13
01-30-2008, 05:29 PM
Scott Weinger who does the voice of Aladdin also played Steve (DJ's Boyfriend) in Full House.
In The Full House episode where they go to WDW you can see Steve dressed as Aladdin.

When Gaston falls from the castle if you freeze frame while he's falling you can see that they put a skull and crossbones in his each of his eyes. You can only see this for about a second so you have to watch closely. I learned that from the DVD commentary.

belle&sebastiansmom
01-30-2008, 05:46 PM
Jodi Benson? IMDB claims Mary Kay Bergman and Kath Soucie voiced the Bimbettes.

However... 5'2" 92 lb. actress Sherri Stoner served as the live-action model for both Belle and Ariel. Some of her mannerisms -- brushing aside her hair and biting her lip -- even wound up being worked into the animation. Ms. Stoner would later go on to work at Warner on Animaniacs and Tiny Toon adventures as a writer, producer, and voice talent (she voiced Slappy Squirrel).

I seem to recall that Alyssa Milano was also a physical facial inspiration for Ariel. Anyone?

I'm enjoying this thread!

klj27
01-30-2008, 05:56 PM
This is not very interesting, but DalmatiAn is spelled with an "a" towards the end, not an "o". :) :)

Ariel8676
01-30-2008, 06:45 PM

LOL when i first heard her speak in Enchanted i kept saying to myself..i know this voice, who the heck is that...then when the music was playing while Giselle was looking in the fish tank it clicked and i got all excited and said..very loudly...Thats is the Little Mermaid, thats her!! My dh was embarassed, but my DD's thought it was col and so did the little girls in front of us..:rotfl:

TheLostRescueRanger
01-30-2008, 06:48 PM
love this thread!

Buzz Litebeer
01-30-2008, 06:52 PM
NOT an Urban Legend. It is there. It may not have been intended..but it's there. :)
It's there in the same sense that occasionally a cloud might look like a bunny.

The human mind has a need to find order in randomness.

tinkgurl
01-30-2008, 07:07 PM
I just found this on a website, so I don't know if it is correct or not:

In "The Little Mermaid", at the beginning of when King Triton swoops down over the crowd, after he passes across the screen, below him and to his left Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, and Goofy can be seen sitting in the crowd.

disneyfav4ever
01-30-2008, 07:09 PM
In Enchanted, (there are a lot of things in that movie,) the bus driver's hair is supposed to look like Mickey ears.

OhioTony
01-30-2008, 07:47 PM

"The Black Hole" was the first ever PG movie produced by Disney.

It Starred- Anthony Perkins, Robert Forrester, Roddy McDowell & Slim Pickens

A great Space thriller!

And I believe the inspiration for the movie "Alien" http://th111.photobucket.com/albums/n130/metalmindy81/th_alien.gif came from some of those Earnest Borgnine close-ups:scared1:
http://th43.photobucket.com/albums/e358/Petri68/th_filmithdet018.jpg

Brian_WDW74
01-30-2008, 08:12 PM

I actually have a copy of this. It's not as strange as it sounds, just more or less a typical health film that Disney produced back in the day. In fact, the strangest thing about it might be its opening title cards:

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z18/Brian_WDW74/NDVD_001.jpg

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z18/Brian_WDW74/NDVD_002.jpg

tiggerfan1
01-30-2008, 10:34 PM
I actually have a copy of this. It's not as strange as it sounds, just more or less a typical health film that Disney produced back in the day. In fact, the strangest thing about it might be its opening title cards:

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z18/Brian_WDW74/NDVD_002.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :rotfl: (I am restraining myself from commenting any further. It ain't easy, though! :laughing:)

Here's mine (this may or may not be unknown):

In Robin Hood, the University of Southern California's fight song, "Fight On", is briefly played during the "football" scene after the archery contest. (Go Trojans!!!! :cheer2:) The fight song of the University of Wisconsin, "On Wisconsin", is also played during this scene.

dlawallace
01-30-2008, 11:38 PM
In Aladdin, when Genie is packing at the end of the movie, he puts on a Goofy hat.

In Santa Clause 2, when Scott and the robot Santa are fighting in the sleigh, Tim Allen says, "You are a sad strange little man" (just like he did as Buzz in Toy Story)

In the original Sleeping Beauty, Melificant says "All the powers of Hell", but in the newer version she says "All the powers of Evil"

Robo
01-30-2008, 11:48 PM
I just found this on a website, so I don't know if it is correct or not:

In "The Little Mermaid", at the beginning of when King Triton swoops down over the crowd, after he passes across the screen, below him and to his left Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, and Goofy can be seen sitting in the crowd.

This is absolutely true.

The 3 famous characters (all dressed in their tradtional outfits) are there in the midst of a crowd of mer-people.

If you have the DVD, you can pause it at the right spot and "step through" the frames, one-at-a-time, to clearly see them.

mickey0624
01-31-2008, 11:49 AM
When Cinderella is singing "Sing, sweet nightengale", three bubbles form the head and ears of Mickey Mouse.

mickey0624
01-31-2008, 11:51 AM
All but five minutes of "Song of the South" contains music.

When "Splash Mountain" opened in Disneyland in the '90's, the local NAACP and others protested the ride.

Buzz Litebeer
01-31-2008, 12:44 PM
When "Splash Mountain" opened in Disneyland in the '90's, the local NAACP and others protested the ride.
Seeing as how the NAACP has stated publically that they have no plans to protest a possible DVD release of Song of the South, I'm gonna have to call shenanigans on this one.

Brian_WDW74
01-31-2008, 12:53 PM
Seeing as how the NAACP has stated publically that they have no plans to protest a possible DVD release of Song of the South, I'm gonna have to call shenanigans on this one.

Yeah, I can't find anything online that supports this claim. Not to mention that DL's Splash Mountain opened on July 17, 1989. Not the 90's. ;)

Disney1976
02-17-2008, 02:48 AM

Her name is Ming Na', I believe. But I didn't think she was the singing voice, just the speaking voice. The pp has the actress who did the singing correct, I believe.

1st_WDW_1977
02-17-2008, 02:21 PM
If my memory serves me correctly, there was a short movie with Walter Conkite (sp?) and Robin Williams at the "Art of Animation" tour at MGM Studios. In this short film, Walter is doing a "man on the street" report in WDW, and Robin is a guest in the park taking pictures. Robin is then changed into a animated Lost Boy from Peter pan. I think that Robin is wearing the same outfit that Genie changes into when he becomes free, at the end of Aliddin.

Anyone else remember this film??

Joanna71985
02-17-2008, 02:28 PM
If my memory serves me correctly, there was a short movie with Walter Conkite (sp?) and Robin Williams at the "Art of Animation" tour at MGM Studios. In this short film, Walter is doing a "man on the street" report in WDW, and Robin is a guest in the park taking pictures. Robin is then changed into a animated Lost Boy from Peter pan. I think that Robin is wearing the same outfit that Genie changes into when he becomes free, at the end of Aliddin.

YES!!! I miss it so much!

stellablue
02-17-2008, 02:43 PM

Sorry to get OT, but when did they do away with this film?
We were just at WDW, after an over 12 year hiatus and we were disappointed to see that this had been replaced.:confused:

Joanna71985
02-17-2008, 02:51 PM
Sorry to get OT, but when did they do away with this film?
We were just at WDW, after an over 12 year hiatus and we were disappointed to see that this had been replaced.:confused:

Just listening to it reminds me of how much I miss it.

mrmagicmph
02-17-2008, 09:22 PM
Her name is Ming Na', I believe. But I didn't think she was the singing voice, just the speaking voice. The pp has the actress who did the singing correct, I believe.

Ming-Na (or as she was known back then, Ming-Na Wen) was the speaking voice for Mulan. For the singing voice of Mulan, Lea Salonga provided the voice. So, you're both right.

Enjoy the Magic!

gk90
02-17-2008, 11:19 PM

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z18/Brian_WDW74/NDVD_001.jpg

It's available on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kWR-rIKRe4
Some of the animation reminded me of Fantasia, not sure why--maybe some of the same animators worked on it? No animation credits, though.

splashmtrider
04-08-2008, 01:52 PM
The tire company in Cars is called Lightyear

Im pretty sure that in Jungle Book when king Luew (sorry i dont know how to spell it) is laughing it is the same laugh used in Song of the South:lmao: :laundy:

Disney Brat
04-09-2008, 12:06 PM
I don't have any to add, but these are great! Thanks for sharing them!

splashmtrider
04-26-2008, 07:20 AM
I know Song of the South is extinc and everything but if you ever see it (i dought that) compare how Uncle Remus laughs, and then Brer Fox, dont they sound the same, I think there both voice by James Baskett (I could be wrong):rotfl2: :rotfl: :laughing: :confused3

stopher1
04-26-2008, 07:43 AM
Yep. Eleanor Audley. She also voiced Lady Tremaine in Cinderella.

Eleanor Audley also was auditioned as a possible Ghost Host, but ultimately that role went to Paul Fries, who's also featured in POTC and is the voice of Ludwig von Drake.

The Pipe Organ in the Mansion's ballroom in Disneyland was used in the 1955 classic Disney film "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea". The organ at WDW's mansion is an exact replica created by MAPO (Disney's Manufacturing And Production Offices).

"Blackbeard's Ghost" was the film in production when Walt Disney died. The spellbook in Madame Leota's Seance Room displays a spell used in that film ("A spell to bring to your eyes and ears one who is bound in Limbo," followed by Kree Kruh Vergo Gebba Kalto Kree).

A little more about the inspiration for the HM film....When the interior sets for original DL HM were being constructed for an Aug. '69 opening, the powers that be at that time decided to include the HM in the opening attraction line-up for WDW (Oct '71 opening), so the imagineering team made a duplicate set of everything and put it in storage until it was time to ship to FL for installation on-site. As a result, the HM was the first fully installed and ready to operate attraction at WDW.

The stretching gallery is the same in concept at both DL and WDW, but opposite in execution. At DL the ceiling remains stationary and the floor descends to a basement level corridor to move guests underneath the railroad berm and outside the park into the show building where the doom buggy part of the attraction resides - at WDW the floor remains stationary and the ceiling rises. Operationally there was no need to get guests underneath the train since the mansion resides nowhere near the train. The show building in FL simply is behind the mansion and a bunch of trees. The stretching gallery was considered but left out of the film.

The HM is the only attraction to reside in a different land in each park it's been built - at DL in New Orleans Square; at WDW in Liberty Square; at Tokyo DL in Fantasyland, and at DL Paris in Frontierland. If it ever lands at Hong Kong, it'll be interesting to see where it ends up.

Mrs. Potts was played by Angela Lansbury, who also starred in Bedknobs and Broomsticks about 15 years earlier.

The bird that Julie Andrews holds in the nursery scene in Mary Poppins is an audio-animatronic one, just like those that live in The Enchanted Tiki Room.

Buzz Litebeer
04-26-2008, 06:52 PM
Mrs. Potts was played by Angela Lansbury, who also starred in Bedknobs and Broomsticks about 15 years earlier.

The bird that Julie Andrews holds in the nursery scene in Mary Poppins is an audio-animatronic one, just like those that live in The Enchanted Tiki Room.

Ben Wright was the actor who voiced Grimsby, Prince Eric's valet, in "The Little Mermaid". While he was recording his lines, he casually mentioned that he also voiced Roger Ratcliff in "101 Dalmatians" -- something nobody involved in the production had been aware of until that moment!

It also bears mentioning that Mary Poppins was said to be Walt's favorite film because it combined so many things he was fond of -- live-action, musicals, animation, and audio-animatronics.

Some more Poppins-fresh trivia:

The song "The Beautiful Briny" was written for the film but never used. The Shermans later recycled it for "Bedknobs and Broomsticks".

To this day, Mary Poppins has never been "returned to the Disney Vault" since it was released on home video 1981, making it the longest continuosly released film in the Disney Home Video library (it was also the first Disney film to be released on DVD).

PL Travers, the author of Mary Poppins, was supposedly very difficult to work with and hated the final cut of the film (she was supposedly furious at the film's ending where Mrs Banks gives up protesting as a suffragette in order to become a stay-at-home mother, claiming it was anti-feminist).

Figment's Friend
04-26-2008, 11:44 PM
Don't have any to add, but I love this tread! :cutie:

#1 Pocahontas
04-27-2008, 10:43 AM
What a fun thread!

In the fight song of Pocahontas the villagers sang, "Lets go kill a few, men", when it came out on video they changed it to, "Lets go get a few, men".

In the original parent trap you can see half of Haley's arm disappear a few times during the song Lets get together.

In Bambi, after the fire, there is a mother racoon (I think) licking her baby and then suddenly she is still licking but the baby is gone.

In the Lindsay Lohan version of the parent trap the woman who played Vicky in the first version plays the mother of the girl's father's fiance. She says, "You may call me Aunt Vicky".

You can see Heimlich in Toy Story- I think it's Toy Story 2 but I can't remember for sure.

MaleficentRules
04-27-2008, 10:43 AM
I'm surprised this hasn't been posted on here yet but....

In "The Little Mermaid", in the scene where Prince Eric and Ursula (disguised) are getting married, the priest or bishop who is officiating the ceremony is, umm......how to put this delicately? He's "pitching a tent". Seriously. If you look for it, it's VERY OBVIOUS.

Also very funny.:rotfl2:

Buzz Litebeer
04-27-2008, 09:32 PM
You can see Heimlich in Toy Story- I think it's Toy Story 2 but I can't remember for sure.
Toy Story 2.. A Bug's Life was still in the concept phase when Toy Story was being worked on.

In the beginning of Toy Story 2, the alien canyon Video-Game-Buzz is flying through is Ant Island from A Bug's Life.

The beaten-up yellow "YO" Pizza Planet delivery pickup truck from Toy Story has appeared in every Pixar film since.

In the classic Disney film "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea", the Nautilus' skiff was made of wood, painted to look like metal, and had to be weighted with sandbags to look heavy in the water. When towing it to the cannibals' island, the crew took the sandbags out to make their job easier, and they forgot to put them back in. When filming the scene where Ned and Conseil get in the boat to row away from the cannibals, Kirk Douglas expected the boat to be low in the water. He didn't lower the oars far enough to catch the water, and when he started to row, he fell on his back. Director Richard Fleischer thought the shot was so funny he left it in the film. When Ned starts to row, he clearly tips back, and his legs shoot up in the air.

pixiefairy
04-28-2008, 07:09 PM
Love all of these! There are a few that I didn't see.

-In the VHS version of Aladdin, during the balcony scene where Aladdin appears on the balcony to speak to Jasmine, they are not focusing on Aladdin but you can hear him in the background talking to Raja. He [I]clearly [I] says "nice teenagers, take off your clothes". In the DVD version, that is not there.

-Also in Aladdin on the VHS version. The song "Arabian Nights" the line "where they cut off your ear if they don't like your face" was changed for "it's flat and imense and the heat is intense" on the re-release.

Buzz Litebeer
04-28-2008, 08:13 PM
-In the VHS version of Aladdin, during the balcony scene where Aladdin appears on the balcony to speak to Jasmine, they are not focusing on Aladdin but you can hear him in the background talking to Raja. He [I]clearly [I] says "nice teenagers, take off your clothes". In the DVD version, that is not there.
Nonsense.

Aladdin clearly says "C'mon, good kitty... take off and go."

(At least, that's what I hear during the film)

pixiefairy
04-29-2008, 03:08 PM
Like I said, it was the VHS version. Someone else told me and I listened to it carefully, then I showed my dh. Unless I just have a very dirty mind...lol.:rotfl:

klj27
04-29-2008, 04:13 PM
Like I said, it was the VHS version. Someone else told me and I listened to it carefully, then I showed my dh. Unless I just have a very dirty mind...lol.:rotfl:

When I was in college and working at TDS people would come in telling us all kinds of jibberish that they knew were in specific movies. I used to get so annoyed. It just shows the power of the mind. I don't believe any of that stuff.

pixiefairy
04-29-2008, 05:53 PM
I guess it depends on how you interpret what you are hearing. What other things did people come up with?

#1 Pocahontas
04-29-2008, 09:57 PM
-Also in Aladdin on the VHS version. The song "Arabian Nights" the line "where they cut off your ear if they don't like your face" was changed for "it's flat and immense and the heat is intense" on the re-release.

I forgot about that one! I remember that in the movie theater and I think it's on my original soundtrack. The VHS I bought when it first was released has the change on it.

Another Aladdin tid bit... If you watch the Aladdin King of Thieves previews Aladdin has blood on his clothes when he is in the home of the 40 thieves yet in the actual film there isn't any blood. Not important at all, I just remembered it. LOL

1st_WDW_1977
04-29-2008, 10:19 PM

In "The Little Mermaid", in the scene where Prince Eric and Ursula (disguised) are getting married, the priest or bishop who is officiating the ceremony is, umm......how to put this delicately? He's "pitching a tent". Seriously. If you look for it, it's VERY OBVIOUS.

That website that debunks rumors, has proved this rumor to be false. what many people believed was a sign of excitement, was actually the priests boney knees. This is clearly visable in the scene where Ursula looks over her right shoulder at Scuttle and his "airforce" come swooping down on her.

Chun
06-22-2009, 10:07 PM

...Madame Leota is voiced by Jennifer Tilly :rotfl:

theatermouse
06-23-2009, 02:01 AM

I've listened over & over for that, with the volume turned all the way up on the TV (:scared1:) and I still haven't heard it. I have the VHS that was released in '93-'94 whenever it came out on home video, so it's one of the "originals." I was even TRYING to listen for it & couldn't! :confused3 :lmao:

In other news, I still my stuffed Abu from back in the day! He's stored in a tote in our shed, but I still have him nonetheless! :laughing:

Berlioz70
06-23-2009, 11:35 AM
This is not very interesting, but DalmatiAn is spelled with an "a" towards the end, not an "o". :) :)

101 Dalmatians is the most commonly misspelled Disney movie (many put an o by mistake).

Tinker Bell is the most commonly misspelled Disney character (many make it one word or add an e).

The Aladdin rumor has been proven false, most likely it was just poor sound mixing done in post production.

http://www.snopes.com/disney/films/aladdin.asp

Buzz Litebeer
06-23-2009, 11:19 PM
...Madame Leota is voiced by Jennifer Tilly :rotfl:
She was in the feature film. In the attraction she's voiced by Eleanor Audley.

SassyCat
06-25-2009, 11:41 AM

This is kinda random and off topic...

My parents lived in L.A. in the late 70s/early 80s, and my mom was best friends with Sherri Stoner. They met in an acting class, and quickly became good friends. They even used to go on auditions together and other stuff. My mom has always these great stories about Sherri. Sherri was such a petite woman that she had to buy clothes in the children's section of many stores, for example. At the age of about 25, the ages she auditioned for were typically around 14 years old. Unfortunately, over the years since my parents moved back to Alabama, they have lost touch.

My parents had moved back to Alabama before Sherri got Ariel, but they were still writing to each other. My mom has some interesting stories about what Sherri told her about the process. For example, she was thrilled to have a job that required relatively little work but paid really well. She just had to go in for about a week a month and this lasted for a long time. She also was not really informed what the job was going to entail, and she was shocked when she ended up in a huge watertank so they could see how her hair moved underwater. The thing about how she moved her hair and bit her lip is def true - my mom mentions it when she watches the movie.

I was a huge fan of the little mermaid as a child, and I got to talk to Sherri on the phone once. I thought it was Ariel, and I asked her to send me Flounder's photograph (I was 5). She said she would, but I still haven't gotten it!!! :rotfl:

I love having random Disney collections like these!!! :)

SassyCat
06-25-2009, 11:52 AM

I also have the original release VHS, and that is not what he says. Buzz is right. We played it very slowly several times to make sure. The two things can def sound similar, but this is an urban legend.

tigger_girl129
11-17-2009, 01:05 AM

This is true only in the original VHS...not in the DVD.

Sawhiskey
11-18-2009, 11:34 PM
Its clearly sex in Lion king, you got yours E and F mixed up..
It may be the priests knee but, it sure does look like hes pitchin a tent.
I have the original Little Memaid an in the castle on of the towers on the cover, it sure does look like male anatomy.

Gotta love disney

avviexxx
12-14-2009, 02:46 PM
Chip originally had only one line, but the producers liked Bradley Pierce's voice so much that extra dialogue and business was written and storyboarded for the character.

The original "cute" character of the movie was a music box, which was supposed to be a musical version of Dopey from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937). But when the character Chip's role was expanded, the music box idea was scrapped. However the music box can be seen for a brief moment on a table next to Lumière just before the fight between the enchanted objects and the villagers in the Beast's home

A song sung by the enchanted objects entitled "Human Again" was cut before production started. The song was later added to the Disney on Ice and theatrical productions and was recorded and animated for the 2001 Imax re-release. It was also added to the special edition released in October 8th 2002, making the movie a bit longer.

Art director Brian McEntee color keyed Belle so that she is the only person in her town who wears blue. This is symbolic of how different she is from everyone else around. Later, she encounters the Beast, another misfit, also wearing blue.

When Beast and Gaston are having their life-or-death struggle on the castle, Gaston yells, "Belle is mine!" Originally he was supposed to say, "Time to die!" but the writer changed it to fit Belle back in the scene.

Chip is the only object in the movie to mention Belle by her name. All of the other objects refer to her as "mademoiselle," "she," her, "the girl," etc.

The dance between Belle and her Prince in the finale is actually reused animation of the dance between Princess Aurora and Prince Phillip in Sleeping Beauty (1959). The original Sleeping Beauty (1959) pair had been drawn over to become the new Beauty and the Beast (1991) pair, and this was done because they were running out of time during the production of the movie.

Angela Lansbury, the voice of Mrs. Potts, thought that another character would be better suited to sing the ballad "Beauty and the Beast". The director asked her to make at least one recording to have for a back up if nothing else worked, and that one recording ended up in the film.

Julie Andrews was considered for the role of Mrs. Potts

Among the trophy heads on Gaston's tavern is what appears to be a frog's head, visible in the scene where Gaston spits.

The smoke seen during the transformation of the Beast to the Prince is actually real smoke, not animated. It was originally used in The Black Cauldron (1985) and was re-used for Beauty and the Beast (1991).

Many of paintings on the walls of the castle are undetailed versions of famous paintings

Songs take up twenty-five minutes of the film and only five minutes were without any musical score at all

Caricatures of the directors, Kirk Wise and Gary Trousdale, can be seen in the scene where Belle is given the book as a gift. As she is leaving the store three men are seen pretending to not look through the window and then they sing, "Look there she goes. The girl who's so peculiar. I wonder if she's feeling well." They are the two men on the outside of the large blonde man.

Robby Benson's voice was altered by the growls of real panthers and lions so that it is virtually unrecognizable. This is why near the end when the Beast transforms into the prince his voice changes. His voice is also not changed on the original motion picture soundtrack.

Many scenes were storyboarded but never animated. Those include a scene where Gaston visits the Asylum and a scene where the Beast is seen dragging a carcass of an animal he killed. Both where considered too gruesome for the film and the ideas were dropped.

The majority of the sculptures seen in the castle are different earlier versions of the Beast.

In the beginning the Beast is more monster than man. He walks on all fours, leaps across whole balconies, and his wardrobe is not complete. At the same time Gaston starts off as a man and slowly becomes more of a monster.

Disney was originally going to have Jodi Benson, the voice of Ariel in The Little Mermaid (1989) also provide the voice for Belle. However, it was decided that Belle needed a more "European" sounding voice. Howard Ashman remembered working with Paige O'Hara and suggested she try out for the part.

When Paige O'Hara was auditioning, a bit of her hair flew in her face and she tucked it back. The animators liked this so they put it in the movie.

The stained glass window that is seen at the very end of the movie was built in Disneyland after the film's release.

The name of Gaston's sidekick, Lefou, pronounces just like the French words meaning "the idiot, "the fool" or "the insane

Rupert Everett auditioned for the role of Gaston, but was told by the directors he didn't sound arrogant enough. He remembered this when he voiced Prince Charming in Shrek 2 (2004).

Though the Beast/Prince is never mentioned by name in the film, it is revealed by the CD-ROM game The D Show that his name is Adam.

In the first song, where Belle sings in the town, she sits by a fountain. As she reads the book (described earlier, as an adventure with a prince in disguise. It sounds just like Beauty and the Beast), she flips to a page, with a picture. Look closely, and you will see see that she is in the bottom right, the beast in the middle left, and the prince's castle in the middle

Among Gaston's trophy display heads is that of a bald eagle it is most visible during the scene in which he jumps onto his chair during his song.

SPOILER: When Gaston is falling at the very end, there is close-up of his eyes. For a few frames a tiny skull flashes in each of his eyes. In the theatrical release, as Gaston plunged to his implied death and his face filled the screen, two frames showed skulls in his eyes. For the VHS and laserdisc release, these frames were altered to remove the skulls from his eyes. However, no such alteration was made for the DVD release.

SPOILER: Originally the Beast was supposed to be stabbed by Gaston twice: once in the leg and again in the side, followed by Gaston pushing himself off the tower and laughing maniacally while falling. The filmmakers changed it to just his side to avoid the already dramatic scene becoming too disturbing for children, but Gaston's edited suicide is a probable explanation for his choosing such a dangerous position to kill the Beast despite knowing that he would never win Belle's heart.

avviexxx
12-14-2009, 03:03 PM
When Gaston tries to kiss Belle, and she opens the door, Gaston goes flying out into the mud in front of the house. But Belle's front door is on the side of the porch, not facing the mud.
When Belle first enters the dungeon, her father is holding out his arm through one of the middle spaces in the cell door. In the close up shot, his arm is protruding from the left hand space.
When Mrs. Potts runs over Cogsworth to serve Maurice tea, she, Chip, a sugar cup and cream cup are on the cart. However, when it stops by the chair, it's just her and Chip. Then, a few shots later, as Maurice is saying hello to Chip, a spoon is on the tray.
During the "Kill the Beast" song, the snow on the porch caps disappears and re-appears between shots.
Right before Gaston starts singing "Kill the Beast" when he is talking to the villagers the numbers change from a small number to a large crowd in between shots. Also, they move from far away to up close and all around.
During the opening song, as Belle walks through the town reading her book, her basket disappears from her arm, only to re-appear a few seconds later.
After the Gaston song, the bear rug moves from behind the chair to under the chair.
After Gaston shoots the bird, LeFou puts it in his hunting bag, but his bag disappears as he goes to pick up the larger carcass.
Gaston's chair disappears from in front of the fire in the closing shots of Gaston's song.
When Belle's father is about to be taken away to the asylum, Belle's white apron disappears for a few moments, and then reappears seconds later.
After Gaston has shot the beast, the arrows in the quiver on his back disappear and then reappear in the next shot.
When Le Fou is chasing the "dog" he is missing a shoe, which is in the dog's mouth, but when Le Fou and his buddies bust through the door his shoe is on. When they get scared away his shoe is missing again.
Before Gaston attempts to propose to Belle, he kicks off his boots. But while he is walking around the house, distinct footsteps and jingles are heard, implying he has boots on.
During the fighting scene between Gaston and Beast, Gaston says "Belle is mine!" But his mouth is saying something else. This is because, he was originally supposed to say, "Time to die!" but the writer changed it to fit Belle back in the scene.
Following Belle's title song reprise on the hilltop and just after Phillipe interrupts her moment, she says "Phillipe!" though her lip movements suggest that other dialogue was intended.

When the beast slams the door to the west wing in anger of Belle's refusal to come out of her room, a piece of celing plaster falls on Lumiere, Cogsworth, and Mrs. Potts, scattering pieces about the place. In the next overhead shot, all of the plaster is gone.
When Cogsworth falls down the stairs, all sorts of gears and nuts fall out, but in the next shot, seconds later, they are gone.
In the shot of Belle riding up to the Beast's castle for the first time, her hood is down. In the close-up shot immediately following it, her hood is up.
On the Special Edition, at exactly one hour and three minutes, just for a second, Mrs. Potts' eyes turn black and then turn back to blue.
When Belle is first greeted by Lumiere he takes her hand and kisses it. As the shots go back and forth you will see the flame on his candle is lit in one scene and not in another.
When Belle and the Beast are having breakfast together, before the beast catches the spoon his face is dirty. When he catches the spoon his face is clean, and when he tries to eat with the spoon his face becomes dirty again. Finally, when he eats right from the plate, as Belle does, his face is clean again.
Belle's nails disappear and reappear several times throughout the movie.
In one scene during the Gaston song, Gaston shoots his gun 3 times, but in the next scene 5 holes appear.

During the first song, Belle reads a book near a fountain, and show us a picture of a castle from it. Later, Gaston scans through the same book and says there are no pictures in it.

In the beginning of the movie before Belle starts singing, you can see the steps go down and lead to a path heading to the village. Although when Gaston comes to purpose to her, the steps go down to a path to the barn. Later when Gaston and others come to take Maurice to the asylum it faces straight to the village.
In the song Gaston when Gaston sings "when I was a lad I ate four dozen eggs, every morning to help me get large" he grabs the eggs and swallows them whole. Lafou attempts the same to only have them fall on his face. After he says "so I'm roughly the size of a barge!" and shoots his gun you can see a bowl of eggs on the counter.
During the transformation all close ups of Belle have her hair worn down on her shoulder, yet in the next shot her hair is worn in a ponytail, then back to down.
During the first song, in the town all the shops have their French names on the signs, i.e. The bakery is the "boulangerie" - except for the bookstore. Its sign reads in English as "Bookseller".

In the opening musical number we see Belle's home. The windmill on the house has 2 gears that are clearly working against one another, yet they still turn perfectly.

When the Beast transforms back to his human form, we see the camera focus to his feet being transformed back to a human foot, then for a split-second we can see the beast's hands still on their 'beast' form. This was considered a mistake because his hands transformed first.

maesa91793
10-05-2012, 06:38 AM
It's true, there are a few videos of it on youtube slowed down so you can hear it. Once word got out that it was there Disney quickly edited it out so now any copy you buy will not have that saying in it. If you have an old VHS version it's most likely there.

maesa91793
10-05-2012, 06:41 AM
Nonsense.

Aladdin clearly says "C'mon, good kitty... take off and go."

(At least, that's what I hear during the film)

Sadly the quote where Aladdin says "teenagers take of your clothes" is there. There are a few videos of it on youtube slowed down so you can hear it. Once word got out that it was there Disney quickly edited it out so now any copy you buy will not have that saying in it. If you have an old VHS version it's most likely there. The quote is only in the very early released films. Some VHS versions don't have it. I don't know for sure but I do believe that Disney recalled most of the Aladdin films that were out, edited out the quote and released it again, but they obviously couldn't get back the films that had already been sold with the quote in it.

maesa91793
10-05-2012, 06:50 AM
There is also a Mulan poster in Lilo and Stitch :smickey:

jah554
11-21-2012, 01:03 AM
I didn't think I had one, but I do!

In The Lion King 2, at the scene where Kiara is trying to save Kovu's mother (can't remember her name), it was originally drawn as a suicide scene. When Kiara tells her to take her paw, she originally looked at Kiara and said, 'No.' and then after she lets go of the cliff, smiling as she plunges to her death. They thought this would be too much for children so they made it look like an accident by putting in already drawn scenes, but she is still kinda smiling when she dies.

yensiddisney913
12-21-2012, 06:29 PM
In Monsters Inc, Boo's actual name is Mary.

In Finding Nemo, there is a Buzz Lightyear doll in the dentist waiting room.

The Beast's name is Adam.

Donald Duck's middle name is Fauntleroy.

thats all i got.

jms1022
03-10-2013, 08:56 PM
:goodvibes Bump

MsKitty77
05-15-2013, 12:19 PM
In Enchanted during the song "How Do You Know" there is a group of eldery men who dance, one of them (in a yellow jacket) was a chimney sweep in Mary Poppins :)