PDA

View Full Version : Concierge solo?????

mbtiser
03-06-2002, 05:38 AM
Have any of you solo travelers done concierge solo??? I am considering doing AKL. I did my first solo in Feb and LOVED it. I would have 4 nights at CS and 3 nights at AKL. I would do all 7 nights at AKL but it's just not in the budget. Would like to hear from any of you that have done any concierge solo....upside and downside or anyone else's thoughts on this. Thank you in advance for your replies.

MB

tammyh-oregon
03-16-2002, 07:00 PM
I did 5 nights conceirge solo at the AKL after the DISCON convention in Dec 2001. This was great. In fact, they really went out of their way to help me anyway they could. One night I had come down with a migraine and went looking for ginger ale. They didn't have any in the lounge and suggested I try the bar. Well, all I had brought from the room was my key, no ID or money. He called down to room service and had a six pack sent up to my room and charged it back to conceirge. I felt really pampered and guess that is what having conceirge is all about.

If you can afford it, this is a great way to get in a little extra pampering, not to mention breakfast and great snacks in the evening. I loved the crackers and chips they had there not to mention the skewered meats. Yum! Yum! I wanna go back. Hopefully for DISCON 2002.

Have fun on your trip.