PDA

View Full Version : Gone and done it now

Muppet
03-06-2002, 05:04 AM
Well after reading UKDEBs and others report on how much better Premium Economy is and knowing that everyone on a Virgin flight will ring 180 days before to get'better'seats,I've paid for an upgrade. Its not that I wouldn't of done it before its just DH says its not worth it but trust me DH is 6ft2 mainly legs and whinges the whole way there and back so its worth it. I had to wait for a cacellation as all 14 nights on 18/12/02 had sold out. Monday afternoon it fell into place and now I just have to keep it a secret until 18/12/02.

Maybe I'll tell him as we arrive at Gatwick.

thefatman
03-06-2002, 05:21 AM
Great news.

what did it cost ???

Muppet
03-06-2002, 06:00 AM
495 pp

UKDEB
03-06-2002, 10:04 AM
You won't regret it. We're flying PE again next trip and everyone seems to be looking forward to the flight almost as much as the holiday! My dh is 6' 3" and he finds it much better - it's not just the extra legroom, the whole cabin is much roomier - bigger aisles (well aisle - there's only one) and no overhead lockers. Have you checked out the 360 degree view of the cabin (http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/premiumeconomy/flash.asp) on Virgin's website? (You'll need to wait a moment for the page to load and then you'll see the link).

If you have any questions, fire away!

Muppet
03-06-2002, 10:34 AM
Yeah I have a BIG question

How do I keep it a secret from him for 10 months and 12 days when all he does when he talks about going to Orlando is ' my legs are cramped, you didn't book the right seats if only you knew how much pain I'm in' etc etc etc(I'm sure you get the idea.)

If I tell him now you see he will want me to cancel due to the extra money!!!

MEN ARE A PAIN. Tall ones who are self-empolyed called Nic anyway. Don't know about the rest of you.

Oh I showed him the 360 view and he told me to get my head out of the clouds!!!!!
Said we could only go PE if I stopped buying handbags and shoes for a year!!!! As if that will ever happen. Bought a very nice bag from John Lewis last Friday thankyou.

kazzie
03-06-2002, 02:28 PM
That is great news!

I did excatly the same as you when I upgraded to PE for last Octobers holiday in secret.I kept it so long as a surprise and had in mind when we went to check I'd lead him down the red carpet and he'd say 'Where do you think you're going!';)

But he was dreading the flight so much I told him.When I asked would he have preferred it if it had been a surprise, he said not,as he had then looked forward to the flight instead of dreading it.

The experience is so wonderful that this was the first holiday to Orlando we didn't have the we're going home blues so badly,as we were looking forward to the flight home!;)

You should know the downside though.........you won't want to travel in economy again once you experience how the 'other half' live!! As you can tell as Deb and myself have booked PE AGAIN for this October:D

.......Karen........

floridamum
03-07-2002, 06:09 AM
Hi,

I have booked to fly PE when we go in november, I am looking forward to it.
Alway's done economy before.

UKDEB
03-07-2002, 06:52 AM
Karen's right - you will never want to fly economy again. We did last December (for a number of reasons) and it seemed like the worst flight ever! I'm a nervous flyer and PE makes such a difference to me. It seems illogical, after all if the plane crashes it won't matter what class you're in, but the whole experience is so much less stressful and being able to relax is the key to overcoming fear.

I've told dh I don't ever intend to fly economy again and, so far at least, he hasn't batted an eyelid!