PDA

View Full Version : Wives, I Need helping Planning 40th birthday!

NewEnglandCamper
01-26-2008, 07:56 PM
What would be your "dream-come-true" 40th birthday vacation?

Going to Disney for wife's 40th birthday:

So far:
== Already got flowers coming for when we arrive at our resort.
== Going on a Dad & Mom night (no kids) to the Hoop-Dee-Doo Review on Valentines Day (she wanted to see this).

Nothing else really magical planned... other than the usual.

Any ideas?

What would else could I do? What would you like to receive (both large and small)?

dimimi
01-26-2008, 08:00 PM
What a nice husband! I would suggest Hoop de Doo for the family. It is not a couples event. Could the 2 of you go to Downtown Disney without the kids?

NewEnglandCamper
01-26-2008, 08:43 PM
What a nice husband! I would suggest Hoop de Doo for the family. It is not a couples event. Could the 2 of you go to Downtown Disney without the kids?

We only could get tickets to the 930PM show so we figured that our toddler would be really tired and cranky. So we arranged babysitting. Both of us wanted to see this and its not too far from our cabin.

We are looking forward to a good show and a nice quiet golf-cart ride around the park for Valentines Day.

What do you recommend in Downtown Disney?

Emme
01-26-2008, 09:47 PM
Oh how lovely, really~

Make sure whatever park you attend on her birthday you stop by Guest Relations and tell them it's her birthday. You can obtain a "Today's My Birthday" button to wear for her! There is a blank space that you can fill in her name and cast members and patrons alike will bless her with well wishes and birthday greetings!

How about having a birthday cake delivered to your cabin or the restaurant of your choice? I am including a link with prices and pictures of the many INCREDIBLE cakes WDW offers~

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1173219)

Let us know what you decide~;)

aidansmommy
01-26-2008, 11:10 PM
I actually told the front desk that we were there for my hubby's birthday. They gave him a pin w/his name on it and off we went....the cast member's at Epcot even opened the park ten minutes early 'cause they saw it! Also, when I made the reservations for dining, I told them the trip was for his birthday and every ressie we had, there was a "special" suprise(mostly dessert)!

The cast members seemed to do whatever they could to make things special....The hub even got a phone call from goofy while in line at soarin'!

NewEnglandCamper
01-26-2008, 11:49 PM
Oh how lovely, really~

Make sure whatever park you attend on her birthday you stop by Guest Relations and tell them it's her birthday. You can obtain a "Today's My Birthday" button to wear for her! There is a blank space that you can fill in her name and cast members and patrons alike will bless her with well wishes and birthday greetings!

How about having a birthday cake delivered to your cabin or the restaurant of your choice? I am including a link with prices and pictures of the many INCREDIBLE cakes WDW offers~

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1173219)

Let us know what you decide~;)

the cake idea sounds AWESOME!!! Where can I get a Pluto cake! My wife's favorite character?

Emme
01-27-2008, 09:42 AM
Use the link I gave you in the above post. Figure out what restaurant you want the cake presented at and call the corresponding # to ask how much a Pluto cake will be, how many it will serve etc.

Scroll through the link as well. There are some AMAZING pics of cakes you can order. They can get pricey so make sure you aske ahead how much etc...

MagikMom
01-27-2008, 12:59 PM
I agree with one of the other posters. Down town Disney, just the 2 of you. Great restaraunts, our favorite is Fultons Crab house. They have a comedy club which we love. If you can swing it, getting her tickets to the Cirque De Soleil show would be incredible! My husband and I went to Disney for 3 nights for my 40th birthday WITHOUT the kids! It was easier for us though because they were 14 & 11. My Mom stayed with them for 2 nights (as my birthday present) and they went to my brothers on the 3rd night. Enjoy!!

NewEnglandCamper
01-27-2008, 10:53 PM
I agree with one of the other posters. Down town Disney, just the 2 of you. Great restaraunts, our favorite is Fultons Crab house. They have a comedy club which we love. If you can swing it, getting her tickets to the Cirque De Soleil show would be incredible! My husband and I went to Disney for 3 nights for my 40th birthday WITHOUT the kids! It was easier for us though because they were 14 & 11. My Mom stayed with them for 2 nights (as my birthday present) and they went to my brothers on the 3rd night. Enjoy!!

I just find it soo cool that of all the places you could have went for your 40th (without the kids) you went to Disney!!!

I'll check into your suggestoin!

fostermomatl
01-27-2008, 11:03 PM
You are going to make your wife's 40th so special. What a great hubby you are. Sorry I don't have any great advice. I'm sure more seasoned posters will be more helpful.

momsgoofy
01-28-2008, 12:07 AM
Get your wife a personalized shirt with something like "I turned 40 and all I got was this trip to Walt Disney World". You can make it yourself if your inclined to with a simple program (I use Microsoft Publisher) on the computer and some transfer paper you can get at Walmart or any office store. Or you can buy them from Disney shopping online or zazzle.com is a good option. Or there may be a local shop that could do this for you.

Be sure to let concierge services at the resort know it's her birthday...they may be able to do something special for you such as balloons, birthday card signed by Mickey, party horns, etc. You can call them directly before you leave if you want to try to get this done upon arrival or once you get there you could speak with them.

Downtown Disney...yes, Cirque du Soleil would be an awesome night, but it is pricey. If you have tickets that allow you entrance into Pleasure Island you could try the Comedy Warehouse...improv comedy that is suppose to very good. My DH and I love to go to the Adventurer's Club, which is a pretty unique place. For more info on it, you can search the boards for it or you can look at the allearsnet site.

MousekaMaddi
01-28-2008, 12:24 AM
instead of sending flowers to the room send her fav snacks, that way u can munch all vacation long on em......send sweetheart themed stuff, choc kisses in red valentine wapping, her fav cookies, her fav snack like chips,popcorn...her fav drink, her fav wine......
I celebrated my 40th at breakfast with Piglet tigger Pooh,and loved it!

Go see Beauty and the Beast and see warmup singers"4 for a dollar"hand cast member a note saying its her 40th and they will bring her up front and sing to her,,,,,really sweet...

zazzle.com.........have t shirt made up with 40th bday princessofquitealot on it

MousekaMaddi
01-28-2008, 12:27 AM
on Main St in Magic Kingdom Arribas Brothers store.........go in and buy a glass slipper souvineer, have em engrave it with......"u will always be my princess" or something sweet, and then have a waiter bring it out with dessert on her bday

Simbee3
01-29-2008, 01:08 PM
I know it maybe alittle expensive and very hard to get last minute. But, maybe an illuminations cruise would be something nice that you can do. I am planning on doing this as a surprise for my family when we go down this summer. Good luck you are such a great hubby trying to plan something so nice for you wife's birthday.:thumbsup2

Chellymouse
01-30-2008, 11:43 AM
You are the best DH!! Hope my DH reads this thread later! :rolleyes1
Definitely call your ressie line and let them know when your wife's b'day is. They will deliver balloons and a signed card from the Mouse himself. (We always let them know when we come down for our anniversary and our room is decorated on our day) Also, make sure they know at the Revue! Save your money on the Disney floral shops....while they arrangements and flowers are beautiful, they are very pricey. They are willing to do just about anything so if you wanted to get a special gift (someone mentioned the glass slipper) they take care of it and can have it delivered to your resort.

caseyem67
01-30-2008, 02:17 PM
Just went for my 40th birthday...

Cake--absolutely.
Cruise--might be too llate but maybe you could find one to share in the Theme Parks strategies board here. I recommend the Wishes Fireworks cruise. We had private dining deliver choc. covered strawberries to the boat dock.
Birthday pin--must have (and she can wear it the whole week, that is what I was told!)

Sounds like you are off to a great start. Have a wonderful time (and what a good husband you are!)!

bopper
01-30-2008, 02:20 PM
I would want to stay at the Grand Floridian, and also have a spa appt. there.

NewEnglandCamper
01-30-2008, 05:22 PM
the cake idea sounds AWESOME!!! Where can I get a Pluto cake! My wife's favorite character?

They don't deliver cakes to Fort Wilderness :confused3

Guess I'm out of luck unless I do this at one of my meals but most of it would go to waste.