PDA

View Full Version : Should I go in Feb. or Oct.?

princessreilly
01-26-2008, 04:01 PM
My dh and I are still tring to decide whether or not to make a last minute decision trip to WDW for ESPN the weekend next month. He is a big espn fan. We could probably save some $$ if we went somewhere else, but we want to visit some time this year. Would it be better to visit next month or wait until October? How are the crowds? Rates? How about codes for these? What are my chances? Do I not find out until I book it?

MagikMom
01-27-2008, 01:18 PM
My favorite time of the year to go is in October. We love the Food and Wine festival at Epcot. Weather is perfect, crowds are not bad.

DebšošS
01-27-2008, 01:29 PM
I used to like going in Feb. It's cooler and the crowds are light. The F&W festival is not to be missed though. Crowds are heavier and I think the weather is warmer :confused3

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/807/36868mini_0079-thumb.JPG (http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/showphoto.php/photo/23857/sort/3/cat/807/page/1)
Click my pic. Comments are greatly appreciated:flower3:

iluveeyore
01-27-2008, 05:48 PM
We've been for both. February was President's Day and the Daytona 500, and a bunch of other conventions, so it was very busy and no good rates to be found. In fact, we almost didn't get a room, and ended up having to move resorts to stay for the amount of days we wanted.
October we love - just went this past one for DH's 40th and our anniversary. F&W Festival is wonderful, and we didn't find it that crowded (the week before Halloween.) MNNSHP is great too, but we've done it before and didn't do it this time since we already had our AP's. Got great rate at Animal Kingdom Lodge with our AP's, so that was another plus for October. And it was beautiful weather every day.
This late in the game, it might be difficult to get reservations and rooms you want.
Whatever you decide, have a great trip!

dck12ga
01-28-2008, 06:58 AM
My two cents... We usually go in Feb, the last time we went we wore two sweatshirts, mittens, and jeans and still had to buy a blanket to watch the parade at night!! We are not complaining, it was warmer there that night than at home! Feb, in my opinion is getting busier, everyone thinks it is slow but I think it is getting busy! My parents live in FL and go to Disney all the time and they say the best time to go is Sept. and Oct. The weather is perfect and the crowds are low.:)

ortegah
01-28-2008, 02:02 PM
We're going Feb 23rd through March 1st so we'll be there for ESPN the Weekend and my husband is ecstatic! It's the week AFTER President's day so hopefully it won't be as crowded and very few schools are out for spring break. Last year we went the last week of June and it was terribly crowded so I figure it can't be nearly as bad as it was then.

princessreilly
01-28-2008, 05:55 PM
Dh just checked with work and it looks like we will be going Feb. 18- 25. President's day!!:scared1: I'm not sure if I should book or not. Just called to check and see what adrs would be open and the ones I want are all open except Le Cellier. I will have to settle for 8 and 9pm dinners. NOt sure I should take it and do a spontaneous trip or just wait for September. ???
:confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3