PDA

View Full Version : Am I it yet??

eventsdj
01-25-2008, 10:52 AM
Ok already, I have spent countless hours on the boards, (even though my post # may not reflect it) and I leave in like 11 days.
Am I a true DIS'er if I don't have a Tag yet???

NMAmy
01-25-2008, 11:01 AM
Oh, sure! It seems like it took a year or so before I got my first tag.

Have a GREAT trip! :thumbsup2

eventsdj
01-25-2008, 11:03 AM
A year! I'll have 2 more trips under my belt by then:rotfl: :rotfl:
(Only if our extra rebate check comes this spring!!)

mnasmom3
01-25-2008, 11:05 AM
I'm close to the one year mark and not tag for me, either. Guess I'm just not witty enough. :laughing:

Luv4Disney
01-25-2008, 11:05 AM
Look at my # of posts and when I joined and I have yet to be tagged. ARG!

AdamsPrincess
01-25-2008, 11:06 AM
I see you are from Wisconsin...can I ask where?

ChrisMouse
01-25-2008, 11:15 AM
I've been posting over a year, too...but I do think you have to post a LOT before the tag fairy sprinkles that pixie dust...look how many great people have posted well over a thousand with no tag...

Just enjoy posting, and don't worry about it!

(I figure, as long as we love Disney, we are true DISers...but if not, I'm content to be "in training"!!)

:wizard:

Benducci
01-25-2008, 11:32 AM
I have been here years & have never gotten a tag- I consider it frosting on the cake - while I enjoy the frosting, if I don't have it, I still enjoy the cake!

Smile4Me
01-25-2008, 11:45 AM
Ooh! I'm from Wisconsin too! Platteville, WI!

fairfax
01-25-2008, 11:55 AM
I've been on the boards since 2004 but no tag yet . . . but I've met so many wonderful people and the advice here is second to none. I can be patient!

familyS
01-25-2008, 12:00 PM
Sure, there are people on these boards tha thave posted thousands of times and still have no tags.

When I first joined I wondered if people without tags felt naked! Now, I figure the tag fairy only has so much to spread around :lovestruc

reeeoga
01-25-2008, 12:05 PM
Ok already, I have spent countless hours on the boards, (even though my post # may not reflect it) and I leave in like 11 days.

It is very easy to get a tag: simply insult the Tag Fairy and POOF you get a cute tag. :thumbsup2

holcomb-mania
01-25-2008, 12:18 PM
I've been here almost 5 yrs and nothing. My hair loss has increased dramatically during that time. :sad:

jobie61
01-25-2008, 12:19 PM
Now why would we insult the Rotten Tag Fairy.

Good for nothing: Stuooopid: Ugly: TAG FAIRY.

Hopefully, that was insulting enough !!! There may be Children present.

AdamsPrincess
01-25-2008, 12:23 PM
Ooh! I'm from Wisconsin too! Platteville, WI!

I have a cousin who lives in Platteville. I am here in Onalaska, or La Crosse, if not familar.

ObsessedwiththeMouse
01-25-2008, 12:39 PM
I see you are from Wisconsin...can I ask where?

She's about an hour west of Milwaukee. Hi neighbor! :wave2:

Jen, I didn't get my tag until a few weeks ago and look at my post #'s!

Are you all packed yet?

reeeoga
01-25-2008, 12:46 PM
Now why would we insult the Rotten Tag Fairy.

Good for nothing: Stuooopid: Ugly: TAG FAIRY.

Hopefully, that was insulting enough !!! There may be Children present.

Didn't work. Try posting a picture of what you think the Tag Fairy looks like. That is how I got mine. :banana:

Simba22
01-25-2008, 12:47 PM
i've been here more than a year and i have yet to be visited by the Tag Fairy so don't worry!

disneyfav4ever
01-25-2008, 12:49 PM
I don't have a tag. I've been here three years, and am going to hit 5,000 posts soon. It doesn't really bother me that I don't have a tag though.

LilGMom
01-25-2008, 12:51 PM
Tagless here too. I've never been tagged.

sl_underwood
01-25-2008, 12:57 PM
I have been on the Dis for a few years and no tag either. I wouldnt worry about it. It seems that there are alot of us that nobody loves.

tink,too
01-25-2008, 01:00 PM
Hello, my name is tink, too and I'm a tagless Diser.

I'm sure the Tag Fairy will visit everyone in their own time. :thumbsup2 Considering we're a worldwide community - the poor thing must be exhausted flitting around granting tags! :tiptoe:

Magic Maker
01-25-2008, 01:02 PM
What?! Insult the Tag Fairy?!!! People. This is a DISNEY board. We RESPECT Fairies. We LOVE Fairies. We REVERE Fairies. I, uh, I mean, WE shamelessly suck up to the Tag Fairy and HOPE the Tag Fairy reads this. (Why do I have the sneaking suspicion that the sound of crickets chirping is the only thing that will ever appear in my tag space?) :rolleyes1

GoofyasGoofy
01-25-2008, 01:48 PM
O.K. I am a little new too...what is a tag?:confused:

sassyat30
01-25-2008, 02:01 PM
No tag for me, either.

So I made up my own. ;)

ninjamama
01-25-2008, 02:01 PM
I do believe in fairies, I do believe in faries, I do believe in fairies........
:tinker::tinker::tinker:

ok, now, what's a tag?:confused3 Just sounds like fun!

reeeoga
01-25-2008, 02:03 PM
O.K. I am a little new too...what is a tag?:confused:

Its words or a sentence under your name that is usually cute. An example would be the "oinks" under my name.

scanmom
01-25-2008, 02:07 PM
no tag here :( maybe someday my prince will come! For now, I just love being on the DIS!!:love:

lps1176
01-25-2008, 02:28 PM
Tagless here too....:headache:

Thats_for_Shore
01-25-2008, 02:29 PM
You can also bribe the fairies. They like chocolates.

The fairies don't seem to like naked. But they do like underwear.

But not chocolate underwear.

Apparently there are multiple fairies. One of which is titled "The Snarky Purple Fairy." She tends to take your spelling mistakes and make them a tag. So misspell lots of words, and that might get you a visit.

There is a thread, called "Profile of a Tag Fairy" that is very informative. The fairies even visited the thread!!

Fairies are wonderful creatures, and they can do more than just give you a tag. They can also post. They can post inside YOUR post. They can put something in your signature. It's all very magical.

Here's the profile thread. This should give you some more info.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1421902

LuvsTinker
01-25-2008, 02:43 PM
What is a tag? :confused3

ETA: never mind - read second page

Vivianne
01-25-2008, 02:57 PM
I'm closer to winning a trip to WDW than getting a tag. ;)

ChrisMouse
01-25-2008, 03:08 PM
Tagless...is that like going strapless...or bra-less? :lmao:

Insulting the tag fairy isn't going to work for me. I'm with the previous poster who REVERES fairies. The wings, the wands, the pixie dust... the graceful "flitting" from here to there...*sigh* who wouldn't just LOVE that? (Now, for all we know, the actual tag fairy is a hairy 58 year old guy wearing black socks & a tutu, with lots of chest hair and a cigar...but STILL! Go Fairies!)

I also can't go with the misspelled words idea. English teachers just CAN'T go there. In this world where so many post the bare minimum with no capital letters, no punctuation (shudder)... I can't try that. The horror!

I also don't get embroiled in the giant heated threads, so I'm doomed to escape notice. I'm mired in mediocrity.

But that's ok. I still LOVE being here! Tagless, (braless, sometimes!) and LOVING being part of the DIS! :grouphug:

fairfax
01-25-2008, 03:10 PM
You can also bribe the fairies. They like chocolates.

The fairies don't seem to like naked. But they do like underwear.

But not chocolate underwear.

Apparently there are multiple fairies. One of which is titled "The Snarky Purple Fairy." She tends to take your spelling mistakes and make them a tag. So misspell lots of words, and that might get you a visit.

There is a thread, called "Profile of a Tag Fairy" that is very informative. The fairies even visited the thread!!

Fairies are wonderful creatures, and they can do more than just give you a tag. They can also post. They can post inside YOUR post. They can put something in your signature. It's all very magical.

Here's the profile thread. This should give you some more info.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1421902

OMG this thread is hysterical! And I am only partly into its 500+ pages. Do not read at work or your fellow cubicle dwellers will look strangely at you as you laugh to yourself!

karajeboo
01-25-2008, 03:23 PM
I have been here years & have never gotten a tag- I consider it frosting on the cake - while I enjoy the frosting, if I don't have it, I still enjoy the cake!

Now see that - that would make a GREAT tag - where is the durn tag fairy when you need her????

Zippa D Doodah
01-25-2008, 03:24 PM
I was here for three years before I had my first tag. Just look at me now! :lmao:

DizneeMommy
01-25-2008, 03:26 PM
This thread should be renamed:

Tagless DISer support group!

I'm tagless--and proud!
(Of course, if the wonderful, sweet tag fairy wanted to shower her/his blessings upon me and give a tag to me, I'd be proud of that, too!)

karajeboo
01-25-2008, 03:28 PM
Tagless...is that like going strapless...or bra-less? :lmao:

I also don't get embroiled in the giant heated threads, so I'm doomed to escape notice. I'm mired in mediocrity.

See? More great tags!!!!! Come out come out wherever you are......

lps1176
01-25-2008, 03:30 PM
See? More great tags!!!!! Come out come out wherever you are......

I agree!!

PS- Why do I always have to wait 11 seconds between posts? It ALWAYS happens to me....?

eventsdj
01-25-2008, 03:31 PM
Yes, tags are 'supposed' to be fun. They have now become a small obsession within my huge obsession of this board!

At this very moment my children are eating Lucky Charms for dinner so I can DIS... THats WRONG!

Eviie
01-25-2008, 03:41 PM
Now see that - that would make a GREAT tag - where is the durn tag fairy when you need her????

Yeah shes sorta like the police. When you need em' to see something illegal they are never around :confused3

dydo2424
01-25-2008, 03:53 PM
(Now, for all we know, the actual tag fairy is a hairy 58 year old guy wearing black socks & a tutu, with lots of chest hair and a cigar...but STILL! Go Fairies!):rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

At this very moment my children are eating Lucky Charms for dinner so I can DIS... THats WRONG!

OMG - You do that too!:lmao:

goofyernmost
01-25-2008, 04:13 PM
Oh, cry me a river! Look how long I've been here and if I do say so myself I have said cute, funny, clever, deep, poignant, wonderful things on an almost daily basis.

I created my own little tag but it looks so cold and meaningless in black and white (oops)blue.

Sleeping Becca
01-25-2008, 04:18 PM
Nope, no tags here, no worries, hakuna matata, ya know!

I think I'm super witty! So that can't possibly be the reason! Gasp!

I also think I'm very pretty! So that can't be the reason either!

I also consider myself to be extremely nice and helpful! So that can't be it.

I'm also fairly intelligent. So that can't be it.

I mean come on, I'm like Mary freakin Poppins!

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like me!

Teee Heeee! Just jokin! It really doesn't bother me not to have a tag!

Disneyaunt4
01-25-2008, 05:14 PM
What?! Insult the Tag Fairy?!!! People. This is a DISNEY board. We RESPECT Fairies. We LOVE Fairies. We REVERE Fairies. I, uh, I mean, WE shamelessly suck up to the Tag Fairy and HOPE the Tag Fairy reads this. (Why do I have the sneaking suspicion that the sound of crickets chirping is the only thing that will ever appear in my tag space?) :rolleyes1

The sound of Crickets and Spring Peepers chirping scare me:scared1:

karylrocks
01-25-2008, 06:34 PM
Going on 7 years...still nothing. Guess I'm not witty enough.

Figaro
01-25-2008, 08:43 PM
I think it has more to do with posting over on the Community Board than it does with how long or how many posts a person has. :)

byoung
01-25-2008, 08:47 PM
Have a great majical vacation!

KitKate
01-25-2008, 09:11 PM
I can only give my own story. We had a thread over on the Canadian board last year when I was very "junior in DIS service" before my first WDW trip, maybe only 50 posts or so! An OP started a thread about not having a tag. I had posted, wistfully, with others that I had also not yet gotten a tag but I simply wished the OP of that thread Good Luck in getting one.

Low and behold, the Tag Fairy overheard our invitation to take an international trip and visited us in Canada and poof, I got my tag. Maybe I'll say Good Luck again, and see if you can get one too.

KitKate (now "a little less junior in DIS service")

Blythep
01-25-2008, 09:20 PM
This thread should be renamed:

Tagless DISer support group!

I'm tagless--and proud!
(Of course, if the wonderful, sweet tag fairy wanted to shower her/his blessings upon me and give a tag to me, I'd be proud of that, too!)

I'll join this group, I have been around a long time but don't have the thousands of posts to prove it. I hope someday to be tagged, but will still keep planning until I do...:rolleyes1

pickles
01-25-2008, 09:44 PM
I solved the problem and tagged myself :idea:
Sometimes you have to create your own magic :thumbsup2

Course, I have been "tagged" by moderators :worship: , but I don't think it is something Op was hoping for? :confused3 :rotfl:

Tonya2426
01-25-2008, 10:07 PM
Alas **sigh** I too am tagless. :sad2: :sad2: :sad2: But in the wonderful words of Gloria Gaynor "I will survive". :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

Aunt Michelle
01-25-2008, 10:14 PM
I am tagless as well. I think you just have to post in the place at the right time. I have notably poor timing especially when it comes to saying something witty and cute. I am far more apt to repeatedly stick my foot in my mouth. <sigh> Do you the Tag Fairy could be bribed with a batch of homemade double chocolate chip cookies?

Moosysmom
01-25-2008, 10:40 PM
My tag came on the Cruise boards
Good Luck

gabbyrosebud
01-26-2008, 05:24 AM
My smiley kitty and character nut tag were given to me on the community board. I do know that the magical Tag Fairy is on the theme park board too, because my character nut tag came off the character pictures thread. So don't fret because she lurks everywhere. I got my tags after I gave a little encouragement to another Diser who was wishing for a tag. I hope you all get your tags soon. Here's some pixie dust! :wizard:

DizneeMommy
01-26-2008, 09:44 AM
I am tagless as well. I think you just have to post in the place at the right time. I have notably poor timing especially when it comes to saying something witty and cute. I am far more apt to repeatedly stick my foot in my mouth. <sigh> Do you the Tag Fairy could be bribed with a batch of homemade double chocolate chip cookies?

I don't know about the tag fairy, but those cookies would work for me! Chocoholic here! Of course, that doesn't fit in too well with my new WeightWatchers program. . .*sigh*

"Hello, my name is DizneeMommy. I'm a tagless chocoholic."

HSMndLKfan92
01-26-2008, 10:35 AM
It took me six months and about 6,000 posts before getting tagged. Your day will come. But for now, I think everyone who bothers to stick around is truly a DISer.

reeeoga
01-26-2008, 12:09 PM
It took me six months and about 6,000 posts before getting tagged. Your day will come. But for now, I think everyone who bothers to stick around is truly a DISer.

You did 6,000 posts in 6 months? :worship: :worship: :worship:

pixleyyy
01-26-2008, 01:26 PM
I always wondered how you got tagged. Is it just random? Or is there some method to the madness?

Good luck getting your tags DIS-ers!

uratoon
01-26-2008, 01:37 PM
I have been here quite a while also and alas, still no tag!

But I am still hopeful!

Joanna71985
01-26-2008, 02:08 PM

Hey, I've been here for almost 3 years and have over 5,000 posts and still don't have a tag yet.

Thats_for_Shore
01-26-2008, 02:35 PM
I just wanna wish everyone good luck in their tag hunting.

Don't worry. Your day will come!!!!

Steamboat Girlie
01-26-2008, 02:57 PM
I was sure once I reached 500 posts that I would get tagged, but sadly, no!

ObsessedwiththeMouse
02-08-2008, 09:32 AM
I hope you're having a good time in Disney Jen!!