PDA

View Full Version : Are the US boards database(s) 'backed up'

Theresa Hudson
03-05-2002, 08:36 AM
Is the database for US board backed up?

Might we end up loosing everything again, after all the US board has already had a major crash. I can't believe there were no back up's of the UK database.

Theresa

BONZO
03-05-2002, 09:42 AM
Perhaps the question is best posed on Tech Support - I'd guess that either they would know or know who to ask.

AngieUK
03-05-2002, 03:47 PM
hmmm.....i've posted on the tech board about not being able to get into chat.........along with quite a few others it seems. Not yet had an answer...........not even a "sorry we don't know why":mad: :mad:

WebmasterPenny
03-06-2002, 06:44 PM
No, to my knowledge the US Boards aren't backed up - infact, posts have been lost in the past. It takes a ton of resources as it is to just run boards this size, let alone stretch even further to doing backups - and that's not even touching on the time it would take.

I suggest if there is an extra special post you like, save it as a web-archive on your PC and create your own back-up.

Angie, what exactly is your problem? Have you downloaded the i-chat plugin? How far are you getting before you hit the problem?

Penny :)

WebmasterPenny
03-06-2002, 06:53 PM
Actually, I just checked the Tech Board in order to bump the question again, and there has been a reply that might help...so, just incase you haven't seen it....

Techy post (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=168456)

Penny :)