PDA

View Full Version : Quicken Basic Users

BethR
01-22-2008, 01:45 PM
When I opened Quicken today, I got a message that said that I would need to update Quicken by April of this year in order to be able to do downloads from my credit cards, banks etc. I was expecting to see this since I am running Quicken 2005 and they do this to you every few years.

So I went to look for the 2008 version of Quicken Basic. Guess what! It does not exist! You can only get Quicken Deluxe (which retails for $60) or above. The "Basic" version of Quicken is now a "Starter" version and will not allow you to import all of your old Quicken information. :mad:

So I did a search for Quicken and found a place where I can download Quicken 2007 Deluxe for $14.95. So that is what I am doing now. It will keep me going for another 2 years (I hope.)

Just thought that I would let you know...no more Quicken Basic. :(

minnie1928
01-22-2008, 02:37 PM
Do you actually use the download function? If not, then keep using your version. I just recently upgraded my Quicken 2000 version (wish I wouldn't have though...) and they sent me that same message YEARS ago. Your software will still work, they just won't support that particular functionality. I waited for so long because I liked the version I had and to me it wasn't worth the additional expense of upgrading every few years. I mean really....how many improvements can they make to "checkbook" software! The only reason I upgraded was because I got a fabulous, supercheap deal and I figured that eventually I would have to from a system perspective. Now that I have it...I liked the old version much better.

BethR
01-22-2008, 02:41 PM
Do you actually use the download function? If not, then keep using your version.

Yes I do. I have all of my bank accounts and credit cards entered into Quicken and do the downloads daily. Or I would just forget about upgrading.

minnie1928
01-22-2008, 02:54 PM
Sorry, I think you're stuck!