PDA

View Full Version : Video recorder recommendations needed

TinkOhio
01-21-2008, 05:18 PM
Our old, huge video recorder is on it's last leg. We would like to get a new one before our March trip to WDW, but don't want to spend too much on it. We really aren't interested in complex bells and whistles, just the basics. What features, brands and models do you recommend and what can we expect to pay? Also, where are some safe places to price/purchase them?

TIA for all help! :goodvibes

Lisa_M
01-21-2008, 05:40 PM
We have this Panasonic one:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8216389&type=product&id=1166236106283

It's awesome. The color, sound, and picture is awesome. We bought it almost 2 years ago for like $750 and now it's down to $474. It was well worth the money as we used it to tape our bridal shower, wedding, reception, honeymoon, baby shower and other small events. It's very easy to use and has some great features (including the ability to take still pictures). We got it from Best Buy.

TinkOhio
01-22-2008, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the info, Lisa. Anyone else have information to share?:)

Wonderlandmom
01-22-2008, 07:26 PM
You may have more luck with camcorder recommendations on the photography board.
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=30&f=97

I know I read there when we were looking. Went with a Canon Elura100, which is a MiniDv type. Love it!

ExPirateShopGirl
01-22-2008, 08:06 PM
If you want something really simple and digital, you may want to try Flip Video Ultra. www.theflip.com

My kids have these and I now prefer them for outdoor/vacation things than I do our nice Sony Handycam.

It's all digital and has flash memory, so once the memory (30 mins or 60 mins) is used up, you transfer it to your pc using the flip-out USB connector. Voila. You can put it on CDs or DVDs, connect it to a TV, etc. For a basic device, it shoots decent video, even in low light. If you are unhappy with a segment, you simply delete it (like a digital picture) - it uses 2 AA batteries and you can use rechargeables. Small, simple, great for travel. Oh, and the 60 minute ultra version will run you $179. Free shipping.

:cool1: