PDA

View Full Version : Three things you learned on your last trip!

Pages : [1] 2

pedigot1
01-21-2008, 12:06 PM
When we went in october of last year it was the first in 12 years and the first with our three children. We spent a lot of time on the disboards, allears, magical mountain, etc. doing research. We had things pretty well under control, we thought. Then we got down there and learned a lot of things we didn't know or just didn't pay attention to. So I thought that like me a lot of you learn things when you go to the world, even if you've been a thousand times before, and I would like for you to share them with me. I will start with giving you my top three things I learned at disney world:

1. it takes a lot longer to get from inside your hotel room to inside a park than I thought. Most of the time for us it was 45 minutes to an hour. we were staying at the all star resorts(part of the time cause).
2. if you want to see characters and interact with them you have to stand in line for one of the sessions. I am not complaining about this and I understand it, but I thought the characters would all be out walking around and just skipping along like in the commercials, yeah I know that was a pipe dream.
3. Calling it a vacation and treating it like one are two different animals. We tried to plan for it to be a time of leisure, but when you get there you want to see so much and do so much you end up running yourself ragged. To really enjoy it you have to know that the trip is not a once in a lifetime trip where you have to see everything and do everything, because realistically you can't.

Well there's a lot more to all that but those are my big three. What's yours?

ransom
01-21-2008, 12:51 PM
1) The Friendships boat ride between Epcot and Disney Studios is relaxing and pleasant.
2) The Boardwalk is fun and worth a visit.
3) Taking time to stop and smell the roses is very much worth while!

jamstew
01-21-2008, 01:09 PM
September is a lot hotter than I thought it would be :rotfl:

k_reile
01-21-2008, 01:17 PM

Thats for sure! And that the crowds (which kind of annoyed us only because it was soo hot out and people felt the need to stop in the middle of the park and you about ran into them...need to go when it is cooler and less crowded) were still there in the parks but did not notice it on the ride ques. Spent a lot of time understanding how the fastpasses work...only to use them once!

Hootch
01-21-2008, 01:19 PM
The veterans that tell you to take a break in the afternoon know what they are talking about.

2. Epcot has much more to offer pre teens than I previously thought.

3. Dole whips

mmcguire
01-21-2008, 01:22 PM
1. Late August heat is totally worth it for the lower crowds

2. You can have a great Disney day without ever setting foot inside a park (visiting resorts, character breakfast, Hoop Dee Doo).

3. Beaches and Cream is awesome. :worship:

MomOfDisneyBoys
01-21-2008, 01:47 PM
From our most recent trip, I learned:

1. "Grand Gatherings" while special and fun, can add a huge amount of stress to a vacation (our first trip was me, DH and 2 DS's, last year, Mom, StepDad, sis and friend came along) As unofficial "coordinator" of the whole thing, I was under a lot of pressure.

2. Typhoon Lagoon is awesome. Go early, before the crowd is huge.

3. The Adventurer's club is SO MUCH FUN! Kids can go along, but we thought it was the best excuse for a "grown up" night.

stepnut
01-21-2008, 01:49 PM
1. I learned that not all condos provide little things like extra toilet paper, salt/pepper, and Dishwasher detergent.

2. I learned that in order to ride the front car of the monorail, you can't just ask the driver. You need to ask the CM who is loading the monorail. And you can't jump off the monorail to ask him...you need to ask him while you are in line. And if you asked while in line, and the CM says it's full, and you get on one of the cars, you can't RE-ask if you see the driver's cab empty out at one of the stops.

3. I learned that even at CS places, if you mention you have a food allergy issue, the cashier person will page the chef or manager, who will then personally prepare your food to order. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

GovieMom
01-21-2008, 01:51 PM
1. Crowds do NOT thin out the day after New Years. Or the day after that, or the day after that ...

2. Our teens enjoyed the Hall of Presidents and Carousel of Progress.

3. Animal Kingdom Lodge is an amazing, massively themed resort; and a savannah view room is definitely worth the extra cost.

MagicKingdom05
01-21-2008, 01:55 PM
This wasn't from my most recent trip but a trip a couple years ago:

1. That I will never stay offsite again
2. Even though the hotel might have shuttle service to the parks not all of them have late night hours (i.e past 5 pm)
3. Never not go to the parks when it's raining because you will always find something to do there while it passes over

GQ's Ghost
01-21-2008, 01:57 PM
2. if you want to see characters and interact with them you have to stand in line for one of the sessions. I am not complaining about this and I understand it, but I thought the characters would all be out walking around and just skipping along like in the commercials, yeah I know that was a pipe dream.?

Oh but they do.

Yes, eventually, there is a line that forms, but if you take the time to walk around and see the sights that are not major attactions or ques, you see the disney details that make the magic.

Eaxmple, as you cross the bridge into adventure land, there is an area on the left. Peter Pan frequently pops out from the bushes, and does his trademark call. He will kneal down and spend 1 on 1 time with those who find him.

Back in the knooks and crannies of the Epcot pavilions, you will find things like esmerelda, or the jester from hunchback in france...jasmine and aliddin in orocco.

----

What I learned my last trip...after 30+ trips....there is always something knew.

PrincessTiffany
01-21-2008, 01:58 PM

AMEN to that!!!

1. The Free Dining secret is out! September is too hot and too crowded.

2. Ohana is awesome. Best food we had the entire trip.

3. Fastpasses are accepted after expired time. They are never accepted before the listed time, but definetly after.

tinkerbee
01-21-2008, 02:05 PM
1. That the best time in the park is when it is raining. Locals stay home, most everyone else seems to be allergic to water so they leave the park, and only a few rides are ever shut down because of it.

2. That WolfGang Puck Express at DTD Marketplace has great pizza

3. That I actually like the Indian Jones show.

pedigot1
01-21-2008, 02:06 PM
From our most recent trip, I learned:

1. "Grand Gatherings" while special and fun, can add a huge amount of stress to a vacation (our first trip was me, DH and 2 DS's, last year, Mom, StepDad, sis and friend came along) As unofficial "coordinator" of the whole thing, I was under a lot of pressure.

2. Typhoon Lagoon is awesome. Go early, before the crowd is huge.

3. The Adventurer's club is SO MUCH FUN! Kids can go along, but we thought it was the best excuse for a "grown up" night.

Ditto on the "Grand Gathering". We took both my prarents and sister and my wife's mother and sister. 10 of us in all. The problem was the different personality styles. My family is laid back and like to meander, My wife's family likes to kill and conquer. Trying to meld the two was disaster. Everyone had fun on our trip but me and my wife. I want a do over so bad with just the wife and kids.

Anne's Family
01-21-2008, 02:07 PM
1. Dining plan is WAY too much food for our family and table service took a lot of time out of our touring day. We're just too impatient.

2. Backstage tours are FABULOUS!

3. I never knew how freeing going without a bag to check at the turnstiles would be. I enjoyed everything so much more by not carrying a ton of useless stuff with me.

perkinsrose
01-21-2008, 02:11 PM
1. Pal Mickey (for some reason i keep wanted to call him Paypal Mickey!) is worth the price.
2. AllStar Sports resort during value season is not that bad and worth the savings considering how little time spent at resort. Sports is first to pick up and first to drop off for park busses.
3. Nemo show was wonderful and a must-see but standing-room only is not easy with little kids--ARRIVE EARLY!

DizneeMommy
01-21-2008, 02:18 PM
1. That we LOVE Disney World! (was our first trip)
2. That we WILL be going back (just not soon enough)
3. That learning and planning makes ALL the difference!! Our trip was absolutely magical!! (Thanks DIS and UG!)

FFerret
01-21-2008, 03:54 PM
OH, boy--where do I start? Been there twice now and EvErY DaY is a learning experience :)

What I learned in 2005:
1. We were the only fam in the Honey I Shrank the Audience Fast Pass line. That's one place that doesn't need FP...
2. Just about when you give up looking for the It's Tough to be a Bug entrance, BOING! you're there.
3. Do NOT ride the Splash Mountain ride, even though there's no lines, once the sun starts to go down in December. Brrrrrr!

hulagirl87
01-21-2008, 04:30 PM
1. Walking from Epcot to the Boardwalk in the September heat is not a good idea...
2. Drawing in the animation studio is really fun and you can do it multiple times by going in the back way through the store.
3. Jungle Cruise is not worth the wait, ever.

sugermouse
01-21-2008, 04:46 PM
1- French Quarter is one of the best hotels we've ever stayed at... even better than some deluxe resorts.
2- The chicken sandwiches at cosmic ray's in MK is STILL the best chicken sandwich I've ever had.
3- There are more crowds the 2nd week of Jan than I thought

:yay:

Crystal_27
01-21-2008, 04:47 PM
1. I didn't realize that some CMs are so incredibly wonderful that they could reduce me to tears (i.e., the interaction with my DD and the Fairy Godmothers In Training at BBB).
2. I didn't realize that a counter service meal would cost approximately $10 (or more) per person, and was surprised that most CS "meals" didn't include a drink.
3. I was absolutely unprepared for the 8 billion people leaving MK at exactly the same time after Wishes, literally creating a situation where you can't move for 15 minutes because of the wall-to-wall people. :scared:

TLP127
01-21-2008, 04:54 PM
1. There is NO better place to celebraye your 40th birthday!

2. If you arrive a couple of days before your package starts, you can go to guest services at a park and get your tickets early (even though the CM at check-in will tell you it's not possible!).

3. You get free valet parking with DDE. :)

Toot Sweet
01-21-2008, 05:00 PM
1. If you have heel spurs, don't wait until the last day of your trip to rent a wheelchair! :eek:

2. The Epcot children's Passports helped my kids have a wonderful time at Epcot! They were so proud when they finished getting their stamps from every country.

3. Sometimes the kids really would rather just go swimming at the hotel pool than spend time in the parks. They like to relax a little sometimes.

tawasdave
01-21-2008, 05:03 PM
1) That Jellyrolls is now a must do

2) You can gather up souveniers bought at the park with ones bought at Downtown Disney and have them all shipped home for not much money and get rid of the stress of how am I going to get this all home

3) Friday and Saturday nights during the Food and Wine at Epcot are just to busy to be worth the battle

pickles
01-21-2008, 05:04 PM

Oh this is so not true!!!

They key is WHEN you do the JC and what driver you get!
Do JC when it gets dark, bring your honey along for some snuggling :cloud9:
It's a great ride!! :thumbsup2

scromwell
01-21-2008, 05:17 PM
To our surprise, Rafiki's planet watch was very informative and alot of fun.

eventsdj
01-21-2008, 05:31 PM
Its been 8 years, but I can come up with 3....

1. It is not a vacation unless you eat at 1 sit down resturaunt.

2. I don't need to bring a 30lb. backpack. Water, bandaids, camera. period.

3. When you 16 year old says he'd rather stay home, leave him with the grandparents. They don't perk up once they get there.

joenan88
01-21-2008, 05:45 PM
I learned if you have a child with ADD or Autism you can get a special fast pass..I never new that existed..my brothers son has PDD and now maybe they can enjoy Disney also.

I learned the monorail is so convient at the Poly but to get to Epcot was a long ride (I didn't realize we had to transfer)..now I know!

I liked the Poly but it's refurbishment only brought it into the mid-80's lol~

The best thing I learned is that we actually loved Disney and are returning this Sept..next stop the GF :wizard:

http://images.kodakgallery.com/photos4368/5/38/75/25/82/3/382257538505_0_ALB.jpg

pedigot1
01-21-2008, 05:47 PM
1. If you have heel spurs, don't wait until the last day of your trip to rent a wheelchair! :eek:

2. The Epcot children's Passports helped my kids have a wonderful time at Epcot! They were so proud when they finished getting their stamps from every country.

3. Sometimes the kids really would rather just go swimming at the hotel pool than spend time in the parks. They like to relax a little sometimes.

Ditto on #3, There were several times during our stay that our kids said they wanted to go to the pool. we should have listened more. My three year old is such a homebody that when we arrived at the hotel nad said we were going to see mickey he said okay I'll stay here. Next time we will deffinatly plan for more time at the pool.

All7OfUs
01-21-2008, 05:53 PM
We learned A LOT! But I'll give the top 3...

1) Camping at Fort Wilderness is Just Plain ole' FUN! There is A LOT to to do there; even if you never get to ONE park, it's a blast!

2) Kidcot stops at Epcot were my 4 year old's favorite thing of our whole time. :woohoo:

3) None of our kids would rather sit for a parade than go on more rides. For us they just didn't impress.:confused3

dobtia
01-21-2008, 05:57 PM
1. That the Beauty and the Beast show would bring my wife to tears. We had missed it two other visits. We now have a snowglobe in the Disney room.

2. Sci Fi was just not for us. But magic of Disney, everything is not for everyone.

3. Oh my gosh how much do we love Buzzlighter and TTA.

PS......You can get a ton done between 9 and 1. Even in June.

cymbaldiva
01-21-2008, 06:07 PM
1. September is really hot - hot as S. Texas hot!

2. It's nearly impossible to get a straight answer regarding transportation.

3. Crocs are not, I repeat NOT, the comfy shoes they are cracked up to be!
Blisters on the bottoms of both feet do not make for happy walking ;)

KorieDWnut
01-21-2008, 06:14 PM
After 20 trips to Disney, I finally figured out something so new and wonderful that it actually saved me some intense stress..

Just because the park is closed, doesn't mean you HAVE to race out of there like a maniac to get to the busses before everyone else does!

After the show at Epcot..omg, illuminations? We used to race out to get to the busses, same thing for Wishes at MK. But this last time, we just found a bench and had a seat and enjoyed the scenery. Then after about 20-30 mins, we mosied up to the front of the park and stopped to look at things here and there. We were being swept out by CM's along with many other people, but by time we got to the bus area it wasn't so insane with people.

Omg, we used to make the poor kids walk briskly with us and then try to cram on to the busses with thousands of other people, no more. I will take my time now, thank you.

shellybelly72
01-21-2008, 06:15 PM
1-to set realistic goals to be up & out of the room

2-that my pal mickey is really a pal..lol! we love him!!

3-that you really do need to go back to the room midday-and chill out for a while

I have a #4 too-

4-That you must schedule a day off to regroup midway through your trip- to just hang out by the pool or go for a nice walk--

Figaro8398
01-21-2008, 06:18 PM
1. The majority of people who visit the parks are not early risers. I was very happy to be in the minority and accomplish so much during Christmas week.
2. Having ADRs for late brunches or lunch can put a damper on park touring when you're on a roll (again, accomplishing so much from arriving for park openings).
3. Disney transportation is wonderful. Again, this goes back to the early riser thing. Having the bus to yourself to the parks in the morning is a magical way to start the day!

wdwfamilyinIL
01-21-2008, 06:44 PM
We have learned to pack the little things that we take for granted at home....pain relievers/pepto/cold medicine.
That if you do have an emergency the staff at POP are great.
What I didn't know, and still can't make some believe is how seeing your child with his favorite characters can almost make a mom cry.

Sleeping Becca
01-21-2008, 06:51 PM
1. At WDW it is acceptable to wear a fanny pack. It is helpful if you purchase a Disney fanny pack so you are not tempted to wear it elsewhere

2. A Nintendo DS for your child while waiting in line saves your sanity

3. I like the parades more than my child.

ChrisMouse
01-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Ok, our most recent trip was to Disneyland, but I think my three things apply.

1). Moleskin should be cut ahead of time at home, and I can't live without it!

2). SLOW down and enjoy every moment. I'd rather do LESS and enjoy MORE.

3). Strollers make my 5 & 7 year olds really ENJOY the trip...I don't care how many people look at me funny!!!:yay:

kim532
01-21-2008, 07:20 PM
1. Soarin is my new favorite ride at Epcot.
2. Expedition Everest lived up to all the hipe I had seen on the Travel Channel.
3. Don't got to Downtown Disney as you day of rest. There is to much walking and shopping to call it a leisure day.

Kim

kim532
01-21-2008, 07:27 PM
And MY DH's responses are:
1. Fishing is great at Disney. We did a bass fishing tour.
2. If you are sick don't try to go to MK and EPCOT in the same day.
3. Last week in April is a perfect time to go both crowds and temp.

Ryan

labattblue
01-21-2008, 07:28 PM
1. Staying offsite sucks

2. Presidents Week is very crowded

3. The Mad Hatter is a GREAT character

cwf1028
01-21-2008, 07:35 PM
1. Eventhough you planned this as your 'once in a lifetime' trip, you will probably decide to go again before you're halfway through!

2. If you child is exactly the height needed for a ride, but is turned away the first time you try, go back later in the day when another CM is there any they will most likely be good to go.

3. Putt Putt and DTD are not 'day off' activities when your feet and legs are killing you!

ajleone
01-21-2008, 07:36 PM
NEVER STAY OFF PROPERTY! I know I know I know, but it was timeshare that I own with my family so I got the room for free. I will never be doing that again! And also as the OP said we have learned to take our time in WDW.We used to be the type to push through to try and do everything and hurry to the next ride/show whatever, and of course had the blistered and sore feet, tired cranky kids and were completely worn out at the end of our "vacation". The last few years we have been just strolling and meandering through the parks, taking our time to enjoy the sights, not worrying about waits, crowds etc... and it has made it an immensely more relaxing time.

cissy
01-21-2008, 07:39 PM
3). Strollers make my 5 & 7 year olds really ENJOY the trip...I don't care how many people look at me funny!!!:yay:[/QUOTE]

Oh yes!! And the person who said to take time to swim is 100% right as well. Kids want to swim as much as they want to go on rides.

My three:

1. Going when it was cool (December) and staying on property was worth the money.

2. The BBB (boutique) was worth every penny to see the look on my DD's faces when they were done.

3. Pre-order the photopass and take advantage of it! The pics that they took were fabulous. Especially the one of my DD's holding Tinkerbell and fighting Captain Hook. pirate: AWESOME!

Great Thread!!:cheer2: :banana:

scheddj
01-21-2008, 07:44 PM
1. We discovered at the dance party in DTD that my youngest daughter has rhythm and can dance (we now think she may have been switched at birth).

2. Fantastic foods - School Bread, Main Street Bakery cinnamon rolls, Dole Whip.

3. I love characters.

Lost n' Translation
01-21-2008, 07:53 PM
From our last trip in Oct 07.

1. Food at the Food & Wine Fest is not that good. Take it from adventurous eaters, the food was mediocor and cost a fortune to eat around the world.

2. October is still HOT!!!!

3. It's faster to drive to AK, EPCOT, and MGM than take Disney transportation.

wardfamily1
01-21-2008, 07:54 PM
1. We discovered at the dance party in DTD that my youngest daughter has rhythm and can dance (we now think she may have been switched at birth).

2. Fantastic foods - School Bread, Main Street Bakery cinnamon rolls, Dole Whip.

3. I love characters.

What is School Bread? :confused3 I can't believe there's a bread out there that I haven't heard of . :eek:

--The Starch Queen

darby01_2007
01-21-2008, 07:56 PM
Soarin' is one of the coolest rides ever!!!
It rains alot in September!
I like African food!!(mmmmmm..Boma!!!)

UP Disney
01-21-2008, 08:10 PM
1. That staying at SSR is awesome if only because of the easy walk to DTD.

2. That it was possible to carry everything that is "needed" without carrying a bag of any kind. You just have to give up all the stuff that you never use anyway.

3. How wonderful it is to spend time with just my DH at Disney. There is so much to see and do without even going into a park.

JoAnnPan
01-21-2008, 08:24 PM
My last trip was April 07 -

What I learned (my personal opinions)...

#1 - To not skip Soarin because the wait was too long and Fastpass' were gone for the day..my sister I regret it and will not let it happen again.

#2 - DDP was too much food.

#3 - EMH Evening's can get pretty mobbed - not a fan of it and will avoid it on future trips.

A_NY_Outlaw
01-21-2008, 08:34 PM
3 things I learned about our end of April trip:

1. Never to go to Disney in April again. The crowds were unbearable.

2. Never stay at POFQ again.

3. LTT was the best restaurant we ate at all week. Mama Melroses was by far the worst.

pickles
01-21-2008, 08:37 PM

3. I like the parades more than my child.

I like the parades more than kids too....so how do we dump our kids? :rotfl:

dougsmom98
01-21-2008, 09:07 PM
The three things we learned on our last trip:

1. Going to Toon Town while Spectromagic is going on was great. There were no lines to get our picture with Mickey Mouse.

2. Everyone else gets hungry between noon and 2 pm too. If you try to eat at that time, you will eventually get food, but you may not find a seat.

3. Even if you have a lot of hair on your head, it can still get sun-burnt. The scalp where my hair was parted got sun burned badly and boy did it hurt.

creativeamanda
01-21-2008, 09:16 PM
1. 4 days is not enough time for 4 parks.

2. The Crystal Palace was by far the best food in WDW.

3. Spend a few bucks and buy a stroller--dont rent them from WDW or you'll spend 30-40 bucks more.

mom2taylorandemily
01-21-2008, 09:37 PM
For us:
1. The GAC (Guest assistance card) was a life saver for our DD with Epilipsy.
2. Try a new restaurant every trip, you might find a great new place to eat.
3. Take time to enjoy your resort, it can be quite relaxing to have a nice after noon at the pool.

MeLaNie9
01-21-2008, 09:38 PM
1. Always take your rain gear that way you can continue with your plans while unprepared folks leave the parks/hide out in shops.

2. You just might have celebrity sightings in parks/restaurants during Christmas season (with CP going on and Regis and Kelly tapings):
2a. Neil Patrick Harris is taller and thinner than you would think (and pretty nice despite my slack-jawed, wide-eyed, cheesy "HIIII!" when I literally ran into him - I LOVE HIM:love: )
2b. Drew Lachey is A LOT shorter than you would think.

3. Don't try to shop at Downtown Disney on a weekend evening during Christmas season!!!!

I will have to give a #4 because this was the most important thing for me this past trip...
4. If you can get up the nerve to ride some of those rides that you have been too much of a wimp to go on before:scared: , you will feel so good:banana: ! I finally got on Splash Mtn and EE and had a blast!

EvanMaddieMouse
01-21-2008, 09:43 PM
1. Walking from Epcot to the Boardwalk in the September heat is not a good idea...
2. Drawing in the animation studio is really fun and you can do it multiple times by going in the back way through the store.

We got fastpasses for the Jungle Cruise. No way were we going to wait an hour and a half. So, we made it to the quick front of the fastpass line. Maybe 3 minutes. Our boat pulled up, and there was someone already in it!

Guess who it was!

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s289/kmbrn/CIMG1006.jpg

I can't believe this even turned out, I was holding my camera at chest level and snapping. (I didn't want to look like a nerd! We had just seen Vanessa Williams on Dumbo too!)

JC0712
01-21-2008, 09:56 PM
Okay, I give who is that? :confused3

pickles
01-21-2008, 09:58 PM

Joan Rivers

JoAnnPan
01-21-2008, 09:59 PM
I am guessing Joan Rivers? Sorry but if it is her she could pass for an animatronic!

EvanMaddieMouse
01-21-2008, 10:02 PM

Can we tawk?
Yep, it's Joan Rivers. She was there with her grandson (but no Melissa). We saw her the next day at Epcot, too, at Test Track. I was waiting for DH & EvanMouse and talking to a CM, all of a sudden the CM started flipping out, saying, "OMG, it's Joan Rivers!!!!! She's coming RIGHT THIS WAY!!!"

He was so cute!

dbarker
01-21-2008, 10:05 PM
1. Going into the parks bagless is awesome. (lots of pocket room in cargo shorts :thumbsup2 )

2. DDP is wonderful--lots of food, but so convenient.:woohoo:

3. I still have a hard time convincing DH to take a break in the middle of the day (some people just never learn):lovestruc

CTGilstad
01-21-2008, 10:39 PM
1)Stay clear of the Magic Kingdom on the days they are filming the Christmas parade. It was a complete hassle getting into the park, navigating thru the park, and was very crowded.

2)The dining plan can add some stress to your trip if you are like me and are worried about not wasting some of your dining credits.

3)Watch “Wishes” once from Main Street. In the past we have always watched it from the sides of the castle or back in toontown. While the view is good from the side, I found watching Wishes halfway down Main Street was absolutely spectacular. You really get the full effect.

froggygrrrl
01-21-2008, 10:49 PM
1) The Adventurer's Club makes a ridiculously potent Rum Runner.

2) We will be returning to the Italian restaurant in Epcot.

3) Dream Fastpasses to MK were quite the blessing! We were actually able to hang out in MK all day for the first time ever (we usually hit it first thing in the morning and are out by noon) and take our time and stop and see/do a bunch of things we have never made the time for before. It was wonderful!

Lavendar
01-21-2008, 11:15 PM
Last November on our First Family Trip!

1. Disney Magic is what happens between the rides/shows. Take time to enjoy it.

One of our fav. memories is a CM who was sweeping the park stoping to duel with ds (who had his pirate costume on).pirate:

2. Pay attention to where the washrooms are. It's very time consuming to hunt for them.:sad2:

3. Seeing you children's faces when they're picked to train with a Jedi Master or learn sword play with Jack is priceless.
Which goes with the person who said BBB is totally worth it.princess: Watching my dd float around the park in her dress and "glass sneakers" was the highlight of my trip.:cloud9:

tarheeltink
01-21-2008, 11:30 PM
From the last trip I learned....

1 - The best drink is the Island Sunset. I'll make sure I stop by the Poly bar at least once from now on! :drinking1

2 - The cheap ponchos that you buy at the dollar store may not be very attractive, but they're cheap and they come in handy when it suddenly starts to rain.

3 - Getting up early has its benefits. We got most of the things that we wanted to get to done within the first 5 or 6 days, so after that we could relax a little more and not feel rushed.

loco4dis
01-21-2008, 11:33 PM
1) The POFQ boat ride to DTD is awesome.

2) Epcot CANNOT be done in 1 day.

3) The DDP offers way more food than any person can eat in a day.

M-I-C-K-E-Y
01-21-2008, 11:47 PM
All three come from delightful, chance meetings with British WDW visitors:

1. (French) Fries=Chips and (Potato) Chips=Crisps. :cool1:

2. At least one family from Britain (at the WL) didn't know what a penny was, when faced with pressing one in the pressed coin machine. For future reference, just tell them it's like one pence, only more worthless :goodvibes .

3. We should appreciate free refills on sodas much more here in America...they aren't all that common in Britain. As such, if you see a over corn syruped English, Scottish, Irish or Welsh visitor, talk them down and point them at the nearest water fountain!

Natterjack9
01-22-2008, 12:15 AM
Been there a bunch, including last April. Here are my 3 things:

1. Like many have said, NEVER stay off site. Once you stay on site, you will never stay off again! ::yes::

2. Going during the busier times is not as bad as advertised. Most people don't get up and go early so if you are at the parks at rope drop you can get a lot accomplished. There are just too many rides and attractions closed for refurbishement during the off peak times of January and February. ;)

3. The Disney Vacation Club was the best investment that my wife and I ever made! :smickey:

Lesley
01-22-2008, 01:53 AM
Hmmm...we've been to WDW many times but we did learn some new things-
1. The pool by the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge is more fun than the main pool.
2. The Neverland Club is the perfect place for my dd who doesn't like eating at 'Ohana.
3. Carrying a 3yo all the way back from the MK to the VWL at 11pm, after being at the park since opening is really, really difficult and pretty painful.

WL Fan
01-22-2008, 07:21 AM
1. Staying at a new hotel can be fun, no matter how much you loved the last one! (Really liked French Quarter.)

2. Let the teenagers go and do their thing. The peace and quiet is wonderful.

3. Enjoy the days leading up to the trip! Anticipation is almost as much fun as the actual vacation.

linskypens
01-22-2008, 07:21 AM
maybe not on our LAST trip but definately along the way.....

1. Too many ADR's makes for a frustrating vacation when you want to be doing something else besides travelling to wherever your ADR is.
2.Always bring your poncho
3.Pin trading is a great way for your kids to talk to CM's from all over the world.

fairestoneofall
01-22-2008, 07:57 AM
1. If your five-year old is tired of walking, rent a stroller. It will save your back.

2. Take a day off to enjoy the pool and relax. You can go into the park in the evening and feel SO much better!

3. Epcot is fun! My parents never let us do Epcot growing up, but we did last trip and my kids love it! We're going to plan two days for Epcot next time!:thumbsup2

goodferry
01-22-2008, 08:31 AM
1. My kids love pin trading! They have always collected, but been hesitant to give them up so they never traded. I talked DD into it and she LOVED it.

2. We loved the BWV, the extra room in a 2 bedroom was awesome. I may have DH talked into DVC ;)

3. My mother is much more fun after one of those pineapple drinks at 'Ohana

and one more because I couldn't reduce it to three

4. It's so much easier when the kids are old enough that we can just rent a stroller from Disney and NOT have to lug one onto the boats/monorails/buses!

That's what I learned this past trip, tips gathered in the past and sometimes forgotten include;

1. No matter how much the 16 year old complains, it's worth it to get up for rope drop

2. It is so necessary to take breaks and off days. The kids like the pools almost as much as the parks

3. I have really wonderful, well behaved kids. Not everyone is so lucky :rotfl:

kkproulx
01-22-2008, 08:34 AM
This past October was our first trip to WDW. We had a great time and I learned a TON from reading these boards. Here's what I'll remember when we go back this coming October! Even though DH said he'd never go again, it was his idea to go back! We have a wedding to go to in Tampa that my DD6 will be in...he says "We can't go all the way to Florida just for a wedding! Let's go back to Disney!" :banana:

1. Don't go to a park the day you arrive without resting if you've been up since 3 in the morning. [We went to MGM the day we arrived because everyone said it could be done in a half day. The shows didn't fit our schedules and we were back at GF at 5 pm! I missed SO much! I regret taking the first day to just chill!!]:sad2:

2. Don't take a 5 year old on Space Moutain! [Unless your child knows what it is and likes rollercoasters! Mine didn't (even though she begged to go on it!) and freaked out!]:scared1:

3. When you see a 'short' line for autographs go right then instead of waiting to go on a ride that has a short line! [We did this and when we returned the wait was 1 1/2 hours! UGH!] :eek:

Violet Crayon
01-22-2008, 08:43 AM
1. RNR is the better choice to open Disney Hollywood Studios, gah, we had to get FP's for 1:30pm (or wait 100minutes in line) in morning EMH right after riding Tower of Terror as our opening ride. TOT was 30mins the entire morning.

2.It is possible to catch some TS meals by making reservations that day and not relying that you can get in. We wanted Mexican, we called for a seating at San Angel Inn, we wanted sandwiches, we called for seating at The Plaza Restaurant.

3.If a ride is going down for refurb the first day you get to WDW you can wish really hard and it might stay open! Probably doesn't work too often, but Splash Mountain was open the first few days of January after a Jan 1st closing was originally listed.

Disneytwinz
01-22-2008, 08:51 AM
1. When you come out of an attraction your stroller may be moved, even if it was in the correct spot.
2. The air in florida is much different than the air in NJ.
3. Disney World is an addiction!

EvanMaddieMouse
01-22-2008, 10:24 AM
2.It is possible to catch some TS meals by making reservations that day and not relying that you can get in. We wanted Mexican, we called for a seating at San Angel Inn, we wanted sandwiches, we called for seating at The Plaza Restaurant.

This is so true---we were in Epcot on a very rainy July 2007 day---we made a return-reservation in France, and we were just walking around the WS. We were walking by Le Cellier and I commented on how it was supposed to be really good....DH decided to go check, "just in case", and believe it or not, we got seated right away! Yes, it was the table right by the entrance, that very first one, but who cares? We got Le Cellier at the drop of a hat with no ADR!

jamstew
01-22-2008, 02:27 PM
2) You can gather up souveniers bought at the park with ones bought at Downtown Disney and have them all shipped home for not much money and get rid of the stress of how am I going to get this all home

Where do you get them shipped?

tawasdave
01-22-2008, 02:35 PM
Where do you get them shipped?

We gathered up all our souveniers and took them to the World Of Disney store in Downtown Disney...just have to show them the receipt that you bought them at the park and they will combine them with what you buy there and ship them home for you...Good luck

jamstew
01-22-2008, 02:49 PM
We gathered up all our souveniers and took them to the World Of Disney store in Downtown Disney...just have to show them the receipt that you bought them at the park and they will combine them with what you buy there and ship them home for you...Good luck

Thanks. I've had stuff I bought at WOD shipped home, but I didn't know you could take your other stuff there. :)

girlbomb
01-22-2008, 03:05 PM
1. Constant applications of Purell and daily doses of EmergenC are must-do's for us. They may be placebos, but that's fine -- we didn't get sick this trip, and that's all that matters to us.

2. DIS recommendations are the best! Boma, Kona, Le Cellier, and the Adventurer's Club were all as great as advertised. The food at Sci-Fi is as lousy as you've heard. Reading lots of trip reports, dining reviews, and threads in the TPAS forum makes a big difference in your level of preparation!

3. Even in the "slow" period of early December, you need to stake those parade spots 45 minutes before showtime, or you'll wind up standing on your tiptoes behind a guy the size of Herman Munster.

And because I can't resists a fourth...

4. Take notes for your trip report -- then you can come home and relive the magic for a few more weeks, while sharing valuable info with other DISers! :thumbsup2

golden
01-22-2008, 03:13 PM
Will WOD ship stuff home for free or do you have to pay for it?

Sleeping Becca
01-22-2008, 03:28 PM
You have to pay. Many of the stores will ship your items home for you, but it will probably be cheaper to bring everthing to one store and ship everything at once, than paying for shipping at everystore.

Linda Farrell
01-22-2008, 04:23 PM
If you rent a car, there is a UPS Store in Celebration that you can mail very reasonably from. The address is 52 Riley road, phone is 321-939-7678, and it's open Monday-Friday from 8-6:30, and Saturday from 10-2 (I saved their business card). The valet people told us how to get there and gave us a map. We just took everything we bought (except the breakables), bought a box and sent it home at the end of the trip. That way, we beat it home.

TinkGirl
01-22-2008, 09:52 PM
1. Don't ever sleep in unless you're not going to the parks. Be there at rope drop. You can do all the big attractions before 11:00 when everyone else gets there.
2. Avoid EMH parks unless you're going for early opening. If it gets too crowded then, go to a different park.
3. Don't make lots of lunch ADR's--too stressful to make for my family! (yes, we're pretty commando even after many trips).
4. Do make dinner ADR's. They can always be cancelled. Our second trip we were totally shut out of all sit-down restaurants before we knew to make reservations way, way in advance. (pre-Disboards)
5. Always have a fastpass going.
Oops! That's five. Can I blame it on this glass of wine I'm enjoying? Forgot the most important lesson--DO NOT eat outside at Pecos Bill in January. Crazy birds will knock fries right out of your hands, poop on your new shirt and DVC bag, and scare your kids. It happened to me. A bird also flew right into my head at POR. This is one of my kids' favorite memories--they were little at the time, too.

bigAWL
01-23-2008, 05:30 AM
Ok, this is the best thread I've ever read. Please keep them coming.

pedigot1
01-23-2008, 08:03 PM
okay, another three for me.
1. One of the most overlooked rides at disney that is the fastest and intense ride ther is the ride along at richard petty driving school. it's $99 but it is well worth it. 150 miles per hour for three laps is awesome!
2. Whispering canyon is my new favorite TS at disney. The sweet cornbread could be a meal in itself.
3. The food and wine festival for lunch or dinner is expensive and not that good.

yrdlyprincess
01-23-2008, 09:52 PM
I would have to say that the things that I learned are:

1. HOT in September (it was the end too!)
2. Dare I say it --take MORE pictures
3. Make sure to have a prescription for amox for your children--it takes a full day to get a car, find a clinic or go to the hospital!!
4. Keep reading on the boards you can find
5.Stay at a closer hotel-we stayed at Caribbean Beach-it was great but a LITTLE far from MK (we went there the most)

DisDarling
01-23-2008, 10:50 PM
Three things, hmmm...

1. Don't take your in-laws, no matter how sweet they seem

2. Stay as late as possible, enjoy the quiet when everyone is leaving.

3. Add the dining plan if you can afford it.

pl'smama
01-23-2008, 10:56 PM
1) If you go with another family make sure to include down time away from there for a bit! It is totally needed, not matter how much you love one another:rotfl:

2) Cheap rain ponchos will smell by the second use, but if you hang them to dry overnight they last!! And the smell is not that bad:rotfl:

3) Dining plan is awesome IF you have lots of time for ADRs and room for lots of food!!

Suz

red1der1
01-23-2008, 11:04 PM
I learned that when you travel with a large party, you need to take time to yourself and do your own thing. We had a family reunion with my dad's family that is from out of state. It was my imediate families first time there but my relatives have been numerous times. My aunt insisted she had been there so many times that we needed to follow her tour plans and activities. The last 2 days we decided to do our own thing and realized that the plans she had us follow were the ones to avoid!! So, do your own thing!! Thats the lesson here kids!!

One Year Pin
01-23-2008, 11:25 PM
Can I play too?

Here's my three...

1. I discovered that I'm still a kid (even at 40-something)

2. Wear a hat. Sunburned scalp hurts.

3. DOLE WHIPS!!

MKhead72
01-23-2008, 11:29 PM
The first thing we learned was that it is the same excited feeling, when you take your first step onto Main Street, no matter how many times you have been.:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:
The second thing we learned was that as your kids get older, you move alot slower, and take in more of the detail of the entire experience.:goodvibes
And, the third thing we learned is, you already miss it before your even gone. That last glimpse over your shoulder as you make your way out. :sad1:

crystalcml
01-23-2008, 11:41 PM
1. Wear sunscreen and make sure you bring extra with you.

2. Take time to enjoy the world, don't go go go.

3. Stop and take more pictures even candid ones too!

4. Utilize the dining plan.

5. Take time to walk around your resort and enjoy the scenery.

6. Try the free sodas from different countries in EPCOT.

7. Look for hidden Mickey's. It's really kinda fun.

Disney_rider
01-23-2008, 11:43 PM
1. As much as I love my daughter I wil never take a 9 month old baby to WDW ever again.
2. Keep my 61 year-old mom away from the "little champagne cocktails" during the epcot food and wine festival.*Though it was pretty funny and she spends money freely when she's buzzed* LOL :drinking1
3. A $10 mini-van cab ride is worth the money if I don't have take the stupid buses all the way from the all-star resorts to anywhere I want to go.

PoohsFan1
01-23-2008, 11:51 PM
1) No matter what the cost difference is, we are never staying offsite again. Just can't get enough of all the perks that Disney offers.
2) Go during the value season because of less crowds and the amount of money you save on lodging than if you were going in June.
3) Eating at Callifornia Grill is definately worth the cost because no matter what time your ressie is, you can always go back up and watch Wishes. One of the best places to view it IMHO.

SamRoc
01-23-2008, 11:57 PM
1. I learned this on the jungle cruise, "The law of the Jungle is....Don't be a Zebra"

2. Don't ever go on MLK weekend again.

3. Only go with people who love Disney as much as you do

wildbill
01-24-2008, 03:07 PM
1. It was more fun without the kid!

2. DDP was worth the money!! (there excellent food to be found)

3. Disney is not expensive.... it's freakin expensive!!! (but worth it)

Bill

hockeybabe
01-26-2008, 12:02 PM
1. If there are two lines, chose the one to the left. Most people go to the right. Not sure how this works, but it's some psycological thing I read about.

2. If you want to video tape a show or parade, try to be as isolated as possible, or you may get some annoying people talking about a sister from home and the relationship she is having, blah,blah,blah in the background on your recording.

3. Use fastpasses whenever you can.

BamaTigger
01-26-2008, 12:18 PM
1. WE WILL NEVER GO DURING CHRISTMAS AGAIN!!! NEVER! Way too crowded!!

2. Paying extra for the MK view at the Grand Floridian is WAY WORTH IT!:wizard:

3.Character meals are THE WAY TO GO even if you dont have kids! ;)

RichmondTiggerFan
01-26-2008, 12:44 PM
1. The Atlanta airport has to be one of the most generic & non-descript places in the USA (Especially if a 2 hour layover becomes 7 hours).

2. If you pre-order park tickets, it's easier to just pick them up at the park instead of at the hotel concierge.

3. Don't use the same digital picture card for ALL of my pictures during a trip. Take 2 or 3 & swap them at the end of the day. That way, if a card gets messed up, you don't risk losing all of your pictures.

4. :) :) Splash Mountain still rocks! :) :cloud9: :yay:

Dana49
01-26-2008, 12:49 PM
On our trip in November 2007, we learned that:
1. The food quality, at a majority of the Disney restaurants, has decreased.
2. The crowds seem to be increasing more each year. Even the "slow times" of the past are busy. You need to make a touring plan before you leave home.
3. After 20+ years of visiting WDW, Epcot is still our favorite park. We can never see it all, despite giving it our best effort.

nightshaderose
01-26-2008, 07:24 PM
My last trip was in 2004, and these are lessons that I'm applying to my next trip (flying out on Tuesday night!!:banana: ).

1. Touring plans are not rules. They're really more like guidelines. If I run across something nifty (ex. DeVine, on the walkway between Africa and Asia at AK), I'm going to stop and admire it then, rather than rush on to the next attraction that's big enough to have a sign for fear of getting "behind schedule". See Vacation Rule #3 in my sig.

2. I'm not taking any pictures this time. Last time I lived far too much of my vacation through the lens, and those pics hardly ever get looked at. I'd rather (to continue with the DeVine example) remember the wonder I felt at coming around a bend in the path just in time to see a large amount of foliage cross the road than look at the pic I took after she'd gotten re-settled and was posing. I figure that any pics I want with characters can be handled by the photopass photographers. I know I'm kind of weird and this one won't apply to a lot of you (particularly those with kids) but I find it harder to get into an experience when I'm trying to record it.

3. Fastpasses. Use them, love them.

Elizabeth

dmslush
01-26-2008, 08:49 PM
1: It get cold in January in Florida. Seems stupid, but it gets really, really cold in January.

2: If you plan your wedding for outside in January in Florida. Be prepared to be cold.

3: Even if it is cold, a wedding in disney world is better than a wedding anywhere else!:rotfl:

BrerRabbit_fan
01-26-2008, 09:13 PM
1. Jan is not slow season anymore and being in WDW during MLK week is like being there peak season.

2. Five days is not enough.

3. I wanted to go back before I even left.

lazydazy8
01-26-2008, 09:31 PM
1. Have your next trip back planned before you go, it makes it much easier to leave...
2. Don't skip getting your Dole Whip (I wake up nights craving it)...
3. Take the time to relax everyday! Don't be "GO GO GO!!"

GrowingUpDisney
01-26-2008, 09:56 PM
1. Never go without ADRs again! (this is of course if you don't want to eat burgers, chicken fingers or pizza the entire trip)

2. Always bring extra sets of clothes for the kids in our bag along with ziplock storage bags. These would have come in handy when my ds Joey was struck with a case of the "runs" mid-way through our trip and couldn't make it to the potty a few times. Also - if they get wet on a ride, we can put the wet clothes in the storage bag and change them into dry clothes for the rest of the day!

3. Never go during flu season - as we all ended up with the flu when we returned home!! Dh was running a 104 fever on the way home...it was bad!

**Have to add another: If you are staying at the Contemporary - just walk from the MK back to your resort. It is faster than waiting on the bus and if you have a sleeping child in a stroller, you don't have to disturb them to put them on the bus!**

HA - thought of something else...I also learned that NOWHERE on Disney property can you find Immodium (see #2)!

D&DDisney
01-26-2008, 11:23 PM
1. We enjoyed staying off-site a lot more!

2. It doesn't only rain for a few minutes and then stop. Sometimes it rains all day.

3. Paying to go to MNSSHP was worth it.

donaldndaisy
01-26-2008, 11:37 PM
1) Don't invite relatives or anyone else that will abandon you with THEIR kids
2) Don't drive from Nevada, you should always fly, and
3) Always stay at the Polynesian, whenever possible:cloud9:

dreamin in pa
01-26-2008, 11:46 PM
1. the dining plan is not for us.
2. Loved Pop Century.
3. DH secretly loves Disney too.

ScottOKW2K
01-26-2008, 11:53 PM
My last trip was in 2004, and these are lessons that I'm applying to my next trip (flying out on Tuesday night!!:banana: ).

1. Touring plans are not rules. They're really more like guidelines.

Elizabeth

One has to ask - are you a Pirate in hiding ?? :thumbsup2

Tartan Tigger
01-27-2008, 06:55 AM
My last trip was July 2007. I learned:

1. I will NOT let terrorists stop me from travelling. The day before I was due to leave Glasgow airport was attacked. This caused my flight to be cancelled, we left a week late. Also I learned that I will NEVER fly with Flyglobespan again because they have NO customer service and are totally incompetent when there is a problem.

2. It is quicker to walk to Epcot and MGM from the Swan than take the friendship boat. We raced it and won numerous times.

3. Go to the parks when the rain is really heavy. Walked straight onto Splash Mountain at 9pm during rain.

Laren
01-27-2008, 06:32 PM
From our last trip (after 40+ trips)

1. People will bring sick children to the park. If you do not take your Airborne religiously, you will suffer for this. (everyone at our resort sounded like they were dying of something by halfway through our trip :(

2. The only place you can get men's tennis shoes on property is at Team Mickey at DTD, which we found out after my mother sent my elderly father on our trip in wing tips!!! *smacks forehead* After we had already bought tennis shoes for him weeks before.

3. If you miss the bus/monorail/show, don't panic there will be another one. Relax and don't try to force the fun to happen. By far the best moments were the ones that happened to us on the way to doing something else!

A bonus one: Take the time, especially if you're the mom, to try to sneak a few hours alone time to just enjoy the fruits of your labor in planning the magic for others. I spent a few precious hours just laying by the pool one morning after sending the fam onto the MK without me- and it was time that provided me with clarity of thought and reprioritizing my life that has stuck ever since! DO IT You deserve it!

Love this thread!

abirdd
01-27-2008, 07:30 PM
Great thread!

1. Staying at the Contemporary is worth every penny. You can walk to/from the hotel to MK. If you find yourself looking at massive monorail lines, there is nothing better than a nice brisk walk or slow stroll - and knowing if late at night, the little one in the stroller will be fast asleep when you arrive "at home" :thumbsup2

2. CMs are magical, and all too often are not properly thanked. Instead of waiting until you get home, take the time to ask your hotel for a piece of stationary and an envelope. Write a letter to the Exec offices BY HAND and tell them about the person or persons who made your day or stay magical. It only takes a few minutes, but is much more personal than email. Not to mention you might be surprised by the response you receive in return :wizard:

3. Never forget you are on vacation, and so is everyone else around you. Experience the magic (just watch a child meeting his or her fav character for the first time), leave the foul language or petty fights at home (it kills me to wach couples fighting at Disney or older kids swearing their heads off), and remember we all have limits. Sometimes, it's knowing when to take a break or remembering to stop and live in the moment.

lrab1126
01-27-2008, 07:45 PM
1. never go to disney in august...EVER !
2. Never stay at fort wilderness (for a long list of reasons)
3. when staying for wishes, situate yourself near the exit (main street) because it's a very very longgggggggggg time before you get back to your hotel of you watch it from anywhere else and this is very bad with cranky, hungry,hot and tired kids (and adults) in tow.
4. Magical express is less than magical
5. pack light... you can get away with packing 1/2 of what you "need' if you do a load of laundry mid week. I did laundry while i lounged at the pool on afternoon...quick, easy and so much easier on the lugging of luggage.

bluerendezvous
01-27-2008, 08:31 PM
HA - thought of something else...I also learned that NOWHERE on Disney property can you find Immodium (see #2)!

That's what we thought, but we were given some at the first aid center near the front gate at MGM (Disney Studios). All I had to do was sign a log book. Didn't even have to pay for it! :)

nightshaderose
01-27-2008, 08:42 PM
One has to ask - are you a Pirate in hiding ?? :thumbsup2

Yep. One stealth pirate, right here! pirate:(because I'm fairly sure I don't qualify as a princess. They're way too nice. :rotfl: ) Yar!

disney[xo]sweetie
01-27-2008, 08:49 PM
3. Beaches and Cream is awesome. :worship:
so with you there!

1. pools are one of the lords greatest gifts.:worship:
2. never, ever, jump rope in heelys
(my daughter learned that lesson the hard way waiting for the parade. i still giggle in guilt to this day. i mean, it is kinda funny.)
3. dont piss off the cms at its tough to be a bug. when they say move down to the end, my god do they mean it. :rolleyes1

Disney87
01-27-2008, 08:51 PM
delete

BarleyJack
01-27-2008, 08:55 PM
1) Remember the moleskin!
2) Magic Kingdom takes at LEAST 2 days
3) Sometimes a cab fare is worth the wait in a bus line!

drp4video
01-27-2008, 09:03 PM
1. Narcoosee's for dinner on CHristmas Eve was amazing.

2. I loved POFQ and will stay there again.

3. And THIS time when I said I will not go back at Christmas due to crowds and stressful attitude of some CM, I must remember that I meant it!

Juanaiguana
01-27-2008, 09:05 PM
1. It's better to get Park Hoppers and enjoy all the parks. The most fun we had was during those 'relaxing' times, discovering the details.
2. The Pirate and Princess Party was the best $$ we ever spent!!!
3. It takes a really long time to get to Magic Kingdom!

oh and one more---

4. This was our second trip and I thought for sure it would not be as fun as our 'first' trip to the World...I was totally wrong and am already planning trip number three!!!!!

yankeepenny
01-27-2008, 09:18 PM
1) dont forget body glide.

2) you do NOT have to share a mickey bar. make them get their own!

3) even if you are not thirsty, drink the water. your body will thank you later.

ProudMommyof2
01-27-2008, 09:25 PM
1. Remember it is supposed to be fun ( so many cranky people! :scared: )
2. Ride the Monorail at least once, and ask to sit in front- it is worth waiting for one or two to go by.
3. Stop and watch your children's faces- it was by far the best attraction of the trip!!!:love:

Lucky'sMom
01-27-2008, 09:32 PM
1. Watching Illuminations at our dinner table on the patio of Rose & Crown was magical, memorable and is now a "must do!" :lovestruc

2. The Family Magic Tour at MK was a giant waste of time (and money).:headache:

3. Staying at the BWV was relaxing and so convenient.:thumbsup2

nikkistevej
01-27-2008, 10:20 PM
1. Taking someone else's kid-even if it's family is too much, especially if you are used to having one kid.
2. Doing a full week at the park, then a 7night DCL with someone else's kid is even more too much.
3. Don't take anyone or meet anyone on your trip(family or friends) is too much.

Notice a trend???:thumbsup2

Laren
01-27-2008, 11:24 PM
3. Don't take anyone or meet anyone on your trip(family or friends) is too much.

That is so true! My husband and I have promised ourselves, no more tag-alongs. Disney trips are just too important to us- it's the only thing we do for ourselves the whole year- others will just have to go on their own without us.

I know it's fun for them to go with us. We're fun and apparently you are too if everyone wants to go with you! LOL but no more. Elvis has left the building and our disney trips are just that- our trips!!!

Had to learn the hard way. . .never again!

RumblyInMyTumbly
01-28-2008, 12:00 AM
1. A fanny pack is a wonderful thing. I went with my DBF last March, and the night before our first park day, we bought 5 dollar mickey and minnie fanny packs at WalMart. (Yes, DBF is a very good sport). I know from shopping experience that after a few hours of walking around, a not-so-heavy purse can feel like it's pulling your shoulders and neck to the ground.

2. Don't be afraid to look silly. (I guess this ties in with #1). DBF and I decided to take photos of us jumping in front of landmarks across all the parks instead of the standard "stand there and smile" pose (in our personalized mouse ears, no less.) It's Disney World- if you can't be silly there, where can you be silly? Got lots of compliments from friends and family on our "jumping" album. (would post pics but don't have enough posts under my belt yet.)

3. At the park-formerly-known-as-MGM, see the Lights!Motor!Action! stunt show even if you're a girl who is stubborn and thinks it's a "guy thing".:rolleyes1
DBF still makes fun of me for enjoying it so much after I made such a big fuss claiming it would "boring." It's also an excuse to sit down for a while. :woohoo:

BabyPiglet
01-28-2008, 12:18 AM
1. Don't bother with the ponchos. By the time we got them on we were already drenched. And sit on those wet benches! 3/4 of our trip all the benches were wet from rain, and I was hesitant to sit...forget that! Sit on those benches and get a nice wet mark on your butt!

2. Don't count on the plans you make. I had a whole schedule typed out. Which park, which day, which table service. We dropped that the first day and did 'freestyle' vacationing. Also, we weren't big on table services. It cramped our style.

3. The free dining was A LOT of food. I was never hungry, eat eat eat eat. But that's okay...all that walking cancels out the pounds, right?

BabyPiglet
01-28-2008, 12:26 AM
Oh I had to add!

4. Don't worry about wearing your goofy fanny pack. Half the people did, and the other half couldn't care less what the other people were wearing. And the fanny pack was super conveneint and I just forgot it was there.

5. My mother says 'Don't listen to anything your daughter tells you to do before the trip.' :rolleyes:

disneymomof2boyz
01-28-2008, 12:40 AM
1. Character dining is the way to go. We have 2 kids, and to me it feels like we're killing 2 birds w/ one stone. Hate, hate, hate to wait 15-20 minutes to see a character, w/ minimal interaction.
2. fastpasses
3. Stop midday and take a break. Even when it was just my husband and I on our Disneymoon, it is a lifesaver, you'll feel sooo much better.

jswalker1981
01-28-2008, 07:15 AM
1. Don't piss off Darth Vader

2. Don't let Dan drive to Animal Kingdom, he'll take the long way, and we won't be able to get a FP for Kilimanjaro Safaris.

3. I need to spend a week at Disney. Leaving on Sunday to go home and go back to work on Monday really stinks!

nikkistevej
01-28-2008, 07:34 AM

That is so true! My husband and I have promised ourselves, no more tag-alongs. Disney trips are just too important to us- it's the only thing we do for ourselves the whole year- others will just have to go on their own without us.

I know it's fun for them to go with us. We're fun and apparently you are too if everyone wants to go with you! LOL but no more. Elvis has left the building and our disney trips are just that- our trips!!!

Had to learn the hard way. . .never again!
Yeah, our next trip in May is top secret!! Shhhhh!:goodvibes

photobob
01-28-2008, 07:38 AM
1. Late June is much busier than early June.

2. It is much more difficult to get a table as a walkin than it used to be.

3.Buying into DVC was a great decision.

micmacmissy
01-28-2008, 07:43 AM
I will add mine:

1. If you have kids, make sure you take advantage of the two Kidcot programs at Epcot.

2. Stay at Shades of Green if you're eligible to do so.

3. Don't skip the Innoventions plazas at Epcot--I heard nothing about these before our trip, but they were filled with fun things for the kids...they loved building their own robots to take home...for free!

munchie22
01-28-2008, 08:12 AM
Three times to Disney and always something new to learn:

#1. Space Moutain is sheer delight. I screamed through the whole ride and I still smile thinking about how much fun this 41 year old had at that moment.

#2. Fast Pass is the way to go. Yes, you might have to backtrack, and you might be on the other side of the park, but remember your pass will be accepted any time after your stated return time. Take advantage.

#3. Minimal stuff. I used a backpack that was thoroughly stuffed (ponchos, water bottle, etc.) it makes it much easier and enjoyable to walk freely through the parks without toting everything in the world.

and adding a fourth:

stroller rental - we always got a double and definately the cost added up but our nine year old would take a break when the four year old wanted to walk. I think it allowed us to keep going for a few extra hours.

tmkdmom
01-28-2008, 08:27 AM
1. Toast is not included with CS breakfast omlette on the dining plan. It is used as a snack credit, but if you pay out of pocket, it is only 74 cents!

2. If you are a family of 5, and want some space, either get 2 rooms at a value resort or go deluxe....the rooms at POR are tiny(well they were for us)!!!

3. Do all my planning on my own instead of using a TA...I found mine to be NO HELP!!!!!

budbeerlady
01-28-2008, 09:50 AM
1. The look of sheer joy on your childs face pays for the trip a million times over.

2. MNSSHP was the funnest thing was have done in a long time with extra money.

3. Its okay to cry at the end of wished on your last night at disney. (And dd will cry on the way back to the airport.)

synclair11
01-28-2008, 10:16 AM
here are my tips
1. go to the extra hours at hollywood studios, at the playhouse disney place ,to see my daughters dance and sing one on one with minnie is soo worth it ! and have a hula hoop contest with goofy priceless!
2. yes let the kids swim no matter what you have planned let them swim!

3. i am learning epcot is alot of fun , the more i go i find more things there!
4. explain to your kids before you go that not everyone likes to smell clean, its better to explain it than have them whisper while waiting in line "why does that man stink?"
:cutie:

JodyLynC
01-28-2008, 10:52 AM
4. explain to your kids before you go that not everyone likes to smell clean, its better to explain it than have them whisper while waiting in line "why does that man stink?"
:cutie:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

That is a great tip!! I never thought about it, but much better to address it before you sweet little imp blurts it out. :rotfl2:

:dance3:

Disney_rider
01-28-2008, 10:56 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl:

That is a great tip!! I never thought about it, but much better to address it before you sweet little imp blurts it out. :rotfl2:

:dance3:

But on the other hand some people need to know they smell>:hippie: :laughing:

CharacterFan
01-28-2008, 11:58 AM
1) Don't go to Disney with your best friends on their first trip. Even though you talked them threw what was going to happen and you plan the trip 3-4 month early. They get there and want to run it themselves and make you wait in a 20 minute line for PotC when you tell them right after the parade it will only be 5.
2) When going with a group be prepared to split up. I wish my friend's BF understood this one. Everytime we wanted to go away in groups. He would say it's our vacation why come together if we're going to split up. (yet let his GF go ride something alone, but made us all wait for her when my BF and I were running late for something) He also let her join us later in the day, and made us wait for her to do stuff. We wanted breakfast, well we missed it because she didn't join us until 11. 3 of us had FPs and he wanted BF or I to give her one of ours because she's never gotten to ride it. (We said he could give his up, and there's the single rider line)
3) Take picutes of what it is you want to buy. Then think about it. You'll save some money. (maybe)

krissy2803
01-28-2008, 12:03 PM
1. A fanny pack is a wonderful thing. I went with my DBF last March, and the night before our first park day, we bought 5 dollar mickey and minnie fanny packs at WalMart. (Yes, DBF is a very good sport). I know from shopping experience that after a few hours of walking around, a not-so-heavy purse can feel like it's pulling your shoulders and neck to the ground.

2. Don't be afraid to look silly. (I guess this ties in with #1). DBF and I decided to take photos of us jumping in front of landmarks across all the parks instead of the standard "stand there and smile" pose (in our personalized mouse ears, no less.) It's Disney World- if you can't be silly there, where can you be silly? Got lots of compliments from friends and family on our "jumping" album. (would post pics but don't have enough posts under my belt yet.)

3. At the park-formerly-known-as-MGM, see the Lights!Motor!Action! stunt show even if you're a girl who is stubborn and thinks it's a "guy thing".:rolleyes1
DBF still makes fun of me for enjoying it so much after I made such a big fuss claiming it would "boring." It's also an excuse to sit down for a while. :woohoo:

We saw a couple doing the jump thing when we were there last Nov/Dec. We kept running in to them around the World Showcase. :rotfl: What a fun idea! Was it you two?? :confused3

DumboDash2006
01-28-2008, 12:03 PM
1) If you are a morning person do not believe non morning people in your group who say they will be able to get up early on vacation. In fact just don't travel with them.

2) Do not go to AK on an early entry day, especially when you do not get there anywhere near early entry time due to the above mentioned non morning people!

3) New attractions can be just as fun as the old ones!

alliesmommy
01-28-2008, 12:13 PM
Ok, here are a few things that I've learned over the past 4 years and 5 trips....

1. I can be reduced to tears simply by hearing the Illuminations soundtrack.

2. Kindness goes a long way...DH and I were in the Canada pavilion during our honeymoon waiting for the film to start and the CM working the preshow asked the entire audience how we were doing. DH said "Fine, and yourself?".....you would have thought that he had given her the moon. She actually stopped her spiel for a second and thanked him for asking. She said that no one ever asked her how she was. :sad2:

3. Just being at Disney makes everything seem right with the world. When there with DH, I'm reminded how thankful I am for my wonderful life. I can't wait to experience it again with my daughter!!!

RllngRckBrw
01-28-2008, 04:19 PM
1. Get up early. (It is better to leave earlier in the evening to get more sleep. We get more accomplished before lunch than the whole rest of the day.)

2. Have an idea but be flexable. We have an idea of the first few attractions for each day, but if we see a short line or someone comes up with a better attack, we take advantage of it.

3. World Showcase is fun for any age...even kids.

perkinsrose
01-28-2008, 04:23 PM
I will add mine:

1. If you have kids, make sure you take advantage of the two Kidcot programs at Epcot.
2. Stay at Shades of Green if you're eligible to do so.

3. Don't skip the Innoventions plazas at Epcot--I heard nothing about these before our trip, but they were filled with fun things for the kids...they loved building their own robots to take home...for free!

I know about the masks. Is there another program??

Chellymouse
01-28-2008, 04:47 PM
1. Never, Never stay off site!
2. Rainy days are the best as the rain tends to chase many people indoors! Grab a poncho and away you go!
3. Don't plan everything to the hilt! Plan so that you don't miss any "must sees" but just let your vacation happen!

jhnsnfamily
01-28-2008, 06:08 PM
1. At WDW it is acceptable to wear a fanny pack. It is helpful if you purchase a Disney fanny pack so you are not tempted to wear it elsewhere

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I HATE those things ... but, they are convenient!

RumblyInMyTumbly
01-28-2008, 09:57 PM
We saw a couple doing the jump thing when we were there last Nov/Dec. We kept running in to them around the World Showcase. :rotfl: What a fun idea! Was it you two?? :confused3

Nope, we were there in march/first day of april..They stole our idea!:yay: :yay:
When we were at the Mexico pavilion, we had to go off to the side of the building to get a shot without a bunch of people in the way, and this middle aged lady stopped and watched as we took turns jumping then asked to see the results on our digital camera's screen. She got a kick out of em.
:blush:

jensen
01-28-2008, 10:43 PM
Please share one of them with us!

wardfamily1
01-28-2008, 10:48 PM
Nope, we were there in march/first day of april..They stole our idea!:yay: :yay:
When we were at the Mexico pavilion, we had to go off to the side of the building to get a shot without a bunch of people in the way, and this middle aged lady stopped and watched as we took turns jumping then asked to see the results on our digital camera's screen. She got a kick out of em.
:blush:

I have a bunch of different images in my head. Are you jumping up in the air like the High School Musical poster, or are you jumping off of something, or are you jumping on each other? Could you share a picture so I (we) understand better?

Smile4Me
01-29-2008, 12:14 PM
I love this thread!
1.) Photo pass is great to get everyone in the picture! Take a couple extra fun ones after your nice poses...they could wind up being your favorite pictures!
2.) A nap and a shower can really make your day!
3.) All the planning and replanning and numerous calls to disney and waiting on hold is completely worth it-especially after BF took my hand, looked into my eyes and thanked me for all the work I did! :hug:

(One more would be thinking once would be enough-no sooner did we get back than I started planning another trip-and really for a couple in their 20's Disney is a great value!)

pjynx
01-29-2008, 01:07 PM
1. I knew June would be HOT, but I never imagined how early and late it was hot. We left our room between 7-8 am every day and got back around 11 pm every night. I was hot even in a tank top & shorts at those times (I had figured I might need jeans and a thin long-sleeved shirt during the early morning and late night hours). Boy was I wrong!!

2. No matter how much we "intended" to go back to our cabin each day to take a break, we never found the time.

3. Don't say to yourselves early in the trip "oh, we can come back to do that later, we've still got xx days left". Even with 11 days in the parks, on the last day we were still scrambling to do all the things we put off earlier.

AJA55
01-29-2008, 01:26 PM
OK, most resent visit was Disneyland, July 4th last year but….I can play this game too can’t I?

1. Having groceries delivered rocks! We’ll do this on every vacation……
no matter where we travel to…if someone in that city offers it….
2. I like…no….LOVE staying within walking distance of a park.
3. Taking a tour during a busy time is a great way to visit a park.

Plutos.Girl
01-29-2008, 01:43 PM
1) Never go at easter as it's crazy busy, university terms meant i had to at the time, but now i've graduated i'll be able to avoid the crazy busy times.

2) Always try and stay onsite. We didn't for the first time on our last trip and it just wasn't as magical!

3) If everyone in your party wants to do different things go for it! We split up loads of times and met for meals etc, it was great.

alldiz
01-29-2008, 01:51 PM
If your in the park for 2 hrs and DD is getting cranky....LEAVE:thumbsup2

the hotel is half the fun for the kids....and mom....nice cocktail
by the pool;)

Take at least 1 day to NOT GO TO A PARK....

Put your kids in the kids club and enjoy a nice dinner.

I discovered the "people" who carry your luggage in the airport....
he just took me to the "curbside" checkin at the very CROWDED
SW terminal.....and checked in within 5 minutes:worship:
Kerri

Jen76b
01-29-2008, 02:31 PM
1. Taking someone else's kid-even if it's family is too much, especially if you are used to having one kid.
2. Doing a full week at the park, then a 7night DCL with someone else's kid is even more too much.

Notice a trend???:thumbsup2

:lmao: That is so true!! I only have 1 son and thought taking my neice who is 2 yrs older than him would be fun. Boy was that a mistake. Driving from Texas to Orlando was a nightmare. The 2 argued the whole time. Sometimes the ideas in your head are not always good.

Lintasare
01-29-2008, 03:01 PM
I got way more than 3

1. The TTA is a great way to judge the wait for Space Mountain and to stay out of the afternoon downpours

2. First Aid in the parks is great for helping you with pesky blisters. One of the nurses even gave me a handful of bandages and gauze for the rest of my trip.

3. Keep your feet dry at all times to help prevent hot spots and blisters. Bodyglide and moleskin are you new best friends in this respect as well.

4. If a hostess at a restaurant asks to move you to another table to help accomodate another party think about doing so. It could be worth your while. This happened to us at Kona and we got free drinks out of the deal.

5. Take time out during the day to relax. It is well worth it. Trust me.

6. Dole whip...nuff said

7. Frozen Coke...nuff said

8. Build Your Own Treat at Goofy's Candy Co. at DTD

9. Earl of Sandwhich...nuff said

10. The World Showcase Players

If I think of more I will post them.

ksjayhawkfan
01-29-2008, 03:40 PM
1. Dont let your sisters dictate when, where and what you are going to do.

2. Dont be afraid to tour the parks alone

3. There is no way, no how, no matter how much the CM tries to convince you, that 4 pooh sized women will fit in the front row of PoTC

quiltymom
01-29-2008, 03:55 PM
Plan like crazy before you go.
Bring your plan with you to the parks.
Be ready to ignore the plan if you want to do something else.

Lemming_of_the_BDA
01-29-2008, 03:58 PM
1. Dont let your sisters dictate when, where and what you are going to do.

So true, if I let my sister pick what we do I would never get to ride anything. Although she is probably thinking the same thing about me. I dragged her on to a lot of stuff she didn't want to, but did thank me in the end.

P.S. where in KS are you from?

bopper
01-29-2008, 04:15 PM
1) After two full days at the park, we have to do a rest/pool day.
2) Don't schedule horseback riding at 2:30 in August as that is when the thunderstorms come.
3) DH HAS to eat at full service restaurants at night.
3A) One of these time I will get to watch Wishes instead of "beating the crowd"

ssawka
01-29-2008, 04:22 PM
If you arrive on an evening flight, you will never get on track to get to the parks early.
Schedule in a "break" day where you do not go to any park. (DD is OK though.)
Take an afternoon nap.
The Country Bear Jamboree is not as fun as it was 20 years ago.

slug
01-29-2008, 04:26 PM
1. The Crystal Palace breakfest buffet is the best breakfast at WDW.

2. We had 2 cases of bottled water shipped to our hotel before we got there so we'd have plenty for the week - tons of walking, hot temps, need plenty of H2O.

3. A 6-pack of Heineken and a 4-pack of wine coolers costs $30 at the Sundries shop at the Contemporary.

drewswife
01-29-2008, 04:29 PM
1 - Don't do MK on Monday even if its your first day

2 - Bring flip flops for Kali river rapids in the winter - your sneakers will never dry

3 - Adjoining and connecting rooms are not the same thing (connecting rooms have the door in between - adjoinging rooms only mean rooms near each other)

carlamouse
01-29-2008, 04:29 PM
I know about the masks. Is there another program??

The souvenir shops in Epcot sell "passport booklets" with each World Showcase country in it. The kids take it to each country and get it stamped and signed by the castmembers in their native languages. It's a lot of fun for school-aged kids (or big kids like ourselves).:rolleyes1

Edit: There's also a Kidcot program in Future World that's free. They give the kids a paper lanyard, and they get charms, etc. to add to it from different pavillions in Future World. See this link for more info:

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/kidcot/

Becky521
01-29-2008, 04:45 PM
From our Christmas trip 2006:
1) You can NOT convert non-Disney people in a 10 day trip.

2) Evening EMH - my 19 year old told me I "rocked" :goodvibes

3) Earl of Sandwich

GatorGirl
01-29-2008, 05:51 PM
1) Despite my anxiety of switching a CRT dinner for a Park Fare dinner we ended up having such a fabulous time at Park Fare that I wouldn't hesitate to do it again (the food was better than most people reviewed as well).

2) I will not ever go with the entire family again. Part of the family yes, everybody again -- no way.

3) I can plan an awesome vacation for myself, DH and DD. Add anybody else to mix and apparently I suck wind.......

ksjayhawkfan
01-29-2008, 06:00 PM
So true, if I let my sister pick what we do I would never get to ride anything. Although she is probably thinking the same thing about me. I dragged her on to a lot of stuff she didn't want to, but did thank me in the end.

P.S. where in KS are you from?

I went with 2 of my sisters and the high school band LOL Fun stuff

Im in a little town in South Central Kansas...Pratt.

quiltymom
01-29-2008, 06:20 PM
6. Try the free sodas from different countries in EPCOT.

This is a new one to me. Could you please explain this a bit more?

enyaj40
01-29-2008, 06:43 PM
trip in '88...no planning and was disappointed. offsite. learned NEVER to stay on international drive.

trip in '98...immense planning with touring plans and everything went perfect and i mean perfect. onsite.

trip in '01...no planning, gonna wake up when we want and go when we want, going to float around with the breeze. HAH! was that a pipe dream over easter or what?

so, what i've learned from the last trip is:

1) stick with the touring plan

2) continue to get to the park EARLY

3) stay onsite...i don't know why i feel it's more convienent, but i do. it changes my whole attitude toward the experience

synclair11
01-29-2008, 06:49 PM
disney does not have sweet tea so i make my own , but they do not have sweet n low , learned my lesson now i carry my own sweet n low in the backpack i know people think i am crazy! but i can not stand equal:scared:

JoAnnPan
01-29-2008, 10:03 PM
disney does not have sweet tea so i make my own , but they do not have sweet n low , learned my lesson now i carry my own sweet n low in the backpack i know people think i am crazy! but i can not stand equal:scared:

You are not crazy..I bring my own Sweet N Low also!

cwestbrook
01-29-2008, 10:48 PM
sub

Tuffcookie
01-29-2008, 11:05 PM
Geat thread!!!:)

Although I have been to WDW a dozen times in the past 8 years, last Nov. was the 1st time with my grandkids (Paul, 4 & Tabitha 3)

1. If you are in World Showcase and want to catch the bus back to the resort DO NOT walk to the front of the park and exit. Instead, catch the friendship boat in World Showcase, ride it to the MGM Studios stop and catch the bus to your resort there. You will get a nice chance to sit and relax!:)

2. TL is as much fun for a 50+ "girl" as it is for kids! You get me in a tube on the lazy river and I'm good for the day!;)

3. I love to watch the street entertainers at MGM Studios! If you are busy trying to get to the rides you miss so much!!!

4. Wet wipes are a must!!!

5. Never go anywhere without your rain ponchos!!!

6. We love Pizza Planet!!! Great food and prices!

7. Have a plan for lost kids. Tell them to have a CM take them to Guest Relations and you will pick them up there. If they know what to do in an emergency, they will be less apt to panic (or mom & dad!) This has worked for me on many occassions. Would you believe my 16 year old DS(with Asperger's) became separated from the rest of the family at the Osbourne Lights when we were down there in Nov. After waiting and waiting for him at the bus stop I remembered our rule about where to go when lost and went to Guest Relations at MGM. Sure enough, there he was...waiting for someone to claim him!:lmao:

8. If you have a smaller apetite, it is perfectly fine to order a kid's meal!

9. Tonga Toast is yummy!!!

10. Do wear shoes that give you plenty of arch support!

TC:cool1:

JoAnnPan
02-03-2008, 03:28 PM
(bump)

BarleyJack
02-03-2008, 03:38 PM
You are not crazy..I bring my own Sweet N Low also!

so did i!

shelemm
02-03-2008, 03:40 PM
1. Distances in EPCOT are enormous, even from one side of Future World to another. No need to cross more than once.

2. Be aware of parade times, hard to cross MK during a parade.

3. Always judge rides, attractions, entertainment for yourself. One man's meat..

BarleyJack
02-03-2008, 03:42 PM
1) never never NEVER underestimate the amt of walking you're told you will do....my tired dogs and 6 blisters can attest to this, even using dry socks and crocs (yes crocs with socks, go ahead and laugh; its a vacation not a fashion show :) ) Bring moleskin and take breaks!

2) You could spend a week at just Epcot alone. WS is amazing, just take your time! (thank goodness for park hoppers, we returned here over and over again).

3) Stich's Great Escape is NOT that horrible, even tho it may not be terribly popular. Let yourself get lost in the moment! Even if you're not a Stich fan surely you can admire the technology involved with this attraction! The animatronics are amazing!

sassyat30
02-03-2008, 04:05 PM
That going alone with your spouse is *much* better than going with your kids. ;) :love:

That riding BTMRR during Wishes is the coolest thing ever.

Space Mountain is not a ride I enjoy. ;) LOL

RumblyInMyTumbly
02-03-2008, 04:23 PM
I have a bunch of different images in my head. Are you jumping up in the air like the High School Musical poster, or are you jumping off of something, or are you jumping on each other? Could you share a picture so I (we) understand better?
Usually, we'd just jump straight up in the air. DBF was a little more creative in his jumps. Mine just usually ended up looking like jumping jacks. Maybe this year, I'll try a High School Musical jump for a little variety... For his Japan pic, DBF jumped off a bench.. For some reason, I was too wussy to do it- I was afraid I'd forget how to land and bust my butt or something. The first jumps we did were at MGM in fake NYC (since we live in REAL NYC). In this first pic, I'm holding my Magical Moment Certificate!
* oh, and note the fanny packs-the perfect accessories for these action shots. :yay:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/178/448902713_2332b04114.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/173/448904117_f5b87f4bb5.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/244/448904517_937e772d52.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/175/448900758_3191e6c844.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/246/448906663_4af750a43a.jpg

FFerret
02-03-2008, 04:40 PM
Usually, we'd just jump straight up in the air. DBF was a little more creative in his jumps. Mine just usually ended up looking like jumping jacks. Maybe this year, I'll try a High School Musical jump for a little variety... For his Japan pic, DBF jumped off a bench.. For some reason, I was too wussy to do it- I was afraid I'd forget how to land and bust my butt or something. The first jumps we did were at MGM in fake NYC (since we live in REAL NYC). In this first pic, I'm holding my Magical Moment Certificate!
* oh, and note the fanny packs-the perfect accessories for these action shots. :yay:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/178/448902713_2332b04114.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/173/448904117_f5b87f4bb5.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/244/448904517_937e772d52.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/175/448900758_3191e6c844.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/246/448906663_4af750a43a.jpg

Thanks so much for posting these! Now if I can only talk my fam into some jumping... :)

wardfamily1
02-03-2008, 04:53 PM

Thanks for the visual. That would be fun to do, though if DH took a picture of me doing it, he'd have to turn it into the insurance company with the footnote "This is what she was doing right BEFORE she broke her hip." :lmao:

njbeachwx
02-03-2008, 05:11 PM
need to subscribe!!!

TexasTodds
02-03-2008, 05:38 PM
ok...just got back...here are my thoughts!

1) Some people, no matter how many times a CM says it, think that "move to the end of the row" does not apply to them! This couple actually argues with me at Soarin' when they decided to plop down and buckled in the middle of the row, and there were not enough seats left for our party of 4. Finally a cast member told them they had to move down or leave.

2) Character meals are not relaxing! Sometimes I left them even wondering if I ate, between all of the jumping up and down for pictures. The characters were spaced so that you could maybe get in two bites before another one showed up. The best one was at Garden Grill. The kids sat on the outside of the booth, so we were able to stay seated and take the pictures from there.

3) The bus transportation to/from POR was no where near as bad as I imagined or had heard.

4) If you are doing the penny presses, don't plan to come back to them...just do it when you see it. There is never a better time!

I'm sure I have lots more!

BamaTigger
02-03-2008, 06:08 PM
1) never never NEVER underestimate the amt of walking you're told you will do....my tired dogs and 6 blisters can attest to this, even using dry socks and crocs (yes crocs with socks, go ahead and laugh; its a vacation not a fashion show :) )

I SECOND THAT!:thumbsup2 I am a CROC wearing gal myself with bad feet and those "ugly" shoes sure make my achey park feet HAPPY!!!

THUMBS UP TO CROC LOVERS EVERYWHERE!!:dance3:

annie1995
02-03-2008, 06:11 PM
Do stuff for our youngest one first, then hit the rides he can't do in the later part of the day when he's asleep in his stroller.

Having sick kids stinks in Disney

Can't miss the Mushroom Filet at LeCellier:rolleyes1

chip&dale
02-03-2008, 06:11 PM
1.The Earl of Samwich is one of the best CS meals- why did it takes us 3 trips to go there!

2.MNSSHP was a waste of money

3.My dh, dd and ds love the waterparks ,and I get the REST !

Kazzy1548
02-03-2008, 06:40 PM
1) I never want to go in August again... To Hot:sick:

2) The dining plan wasn't all that much as we expected:rolleyes1

3) Thank God for mid-day breaks, They saved us this past summer.:upsidedow

C U AT DISNEY
02-03-2008, 07:00 PM
The average person on a 5 day drip to disney walks 250,000 steps. In that 5 day time frame that person walks an average of 30 miles at Disney..

James

HOGFAN
02-03-2008, 08:38 PM
much more fun without kids

bring clothes for ALL weather.

hit Pooh and Peter Pan right before Wishes starts, no lines.

wahoostampingirl
02-03-2008, 08:57 PM
We just got back from our 3rd trip in 13 months and as usual, we learned new things...

1) Be prepared, but stay flexible. Both our kids got a stomach virus at different times during our stay, my dad fell at the TTC parking lot and had to go by ambulance to the Celebration Hospital, I got a horrible eye infection that required two trips to the Urgent Care and finally, my dh got the same virus that the kids had gotten. Despite this, we managed to see most of our favorites and discovered some new stuff. Oh and everyone is recovered now. :thumbsup2

2) Hanging out with a sick kid is much more comfortable in an offsite condo than a cramped hotel room. 4 TVS and DVD players, a full size washer/dryer and full kitchen really came in handy. Although, I would probably stay onsite for a short trip (and have in the past), for our family, offsite is the way to go for a trip that lasts longer than 4 days.

3) When the DIS and UOG and TGM tell you to get to Fantasmic early, believe them. I thought that in late Jan. we would be fine getting to the theater about 30 minutes early. We ended up in the Standing Room Only section. My Dad and my DH had to hold our 6 year olds on their shoulders the entire time. My ds weighs 65 lbs. and is tall, so this was no small feat for my dh. Next time, we'll go early and eat dinner while we're waiting there. Still it was a good show and I'm glad we went.

Bonus #4) Don't worry about going at a "low crowd" time. MLK weekend felt more crowded to me than late June and it didn't really feel less crowded until near the end of the week. Plan for crowds and if you don't have any, then count yourself lucky.

Marshay
02-03-2008, 09:41 PM
1) Once you stay in a 1 BR Disney Vacation Home, you'll never be satisfied in just a regular room again with kids -- separate BRs, full kitchen, dining table, sofa/chairs, W/D and tons of storage space!

2) A small spray bottle is a fun way to get your 2 yo to drink water throughout the day -- and can keep you cool, too!

3) Prepare for the photos -- wear complimentary colors, no 'slogan' t-shirts unless Disney(!) and for women, wear some makeup so you don't look washed out in the bright sun. (I am NOT a make-up person but was amazed at how much better my photos turned out with just a bit of eye shadow and lipstick.)

Besides, the matching/complementary colors will make it easier to find each other in the parks!

disney cowboy
02-03-2008, 09:50 PM
I learned to not eat at coral reef good view bad food.

CdnDisneyFan
02-03-2008, 10:03 PM
1) Not to travel with my mother
2) Not to travel with my mother
3) Not to travel with my mother

Lather, Rinse, Repeat, lol, yes it was that bad, I couldn't totally feel the magic, as she was complaining all the time, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

Jules

SaysNuts
02-04-2008, 01:56 AM
1.The Earl of Samwich is one of the best CS meals- why did it takes us 3 trips to go there!

2.MNSSHP was a waste of money

3.My dh, dd and ds love the waterparks ,and I get the REST !

Pardon my ignorance and laziness...but what is MNSSHP?

Cool-Beans
02-04-2008, 02:27 AM
I didn't learn anything new on my last few trips. But some of the best things I learned were...

:cloud9: They play Polynesian music UNDER THE WATER at the big pool at the Poly.

:teacher: Club Level service (formerly known as "concierge") is so not worth the money.

:cool1: If you aren't picky about where and when you eat, you don't have to go nuts making ADRs.

:mad: The worst thing I learned was that even if you have a pneumonia, the AKL will still charge you over $300 to stay in the room for an extra four hours after check-out time. And some guy will walk right on into the room and tell you that you don't belong there, even so. :mad: Pardon my ignorance and laziness...but what is MNSSHP?Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.

For future reference, MVMCP is Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. :santa:

ARC
02-04-2008, 07:27 PM
Great thread!

#1-It was a great idea to take my DD right before she turned three so she was FREE!
#2-Planning for this magical trip is so much fun!
#3-Use the photo pass since it alows more time to take extra pics with your own camera

Enchanted
02-04-2008, 08:40 PM
Okay, seriously? Best. Thread. Ever. :thumbsup2

...Just because the park is closed, doesn't mean you HAVE to race out of there like a maniac to get to the busses before everyone else does!

Absolutely! If we stay until closing, we ALWAYS plan to stay for about another hour afterwards. We usually do our souvenir shopping and browsing because almost all of the stores are still open.

What is School Bread? :confused3 I can't believe there's a bread out there that I haven't heard of . :eek:

It's a pastry found in the bakery at Norway in WS, and it's DELICIOUS. It's like a gigantic cream-filled doughnut, and it has coconut on top. I DREAM of school bread, it is so good. :cloud9:

Okay, now here's mine from our October '07 trip:

1. If you go to MNSSHP, don't waste time with the trick-or-treating portion of the activities. When the party comes to a close, and the rides are shutting down, the CMs at the candy buckets will fill up your WHOLE bag in one fell swoop. And apparently, they don't care what kind of bag it is either. We met a woman on the bus who had four GIFT SHOP bags full of the stuff! :woohoo:

2. Never assume that because what looks to be 100 people are standing outside of a restaurant, that you won't be able to get in without an ADR. We were seated at Crystal Palace within five minutes! ;)

3. If you're interested in staying at one of the deluxe resorts, but don't want to pay a high price tag before actually seeing one of the rooms, go to said hotel's front desk (preferably between check-in and check-out) and politely ask if there's any way you can view a room as you are interested in staying there on your next trip. We did this at the Contemporary, and a lovely CM took us to one of the empty rooms (which were AWESOME, BTW) and let us look around for about ten minutes. It will really help you in the decision-making process! :thumbsup2

And finally, NEVER promise Cynthia at Starring Rolls that you'll be back in an hour and then go back on said promise because of short ride times. :rolleyes1 She WILL lock you out of the restaurant. :lmao: If you're out there, Cynthia, you're one of our best memories!

moepanz
02-04-2008, 08:52 PM
subbing

henrylovespooh
02-05-2008, 09:16 PM
1. Five days is just not long enough
2. If you put off seeing Fantasmic to your last night there, there's a good chance something will get messed up and you won't get to see it.
3. Pixie dust does exist, because we booked a Garden view room at the Poly, and got a beach front, MK view, right near the TTC room.

lpoeppelman
02-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Go to a character meal with Mickey BEFORE going to the park. Great opportunity to meet characters without the lines.

Eat at least one breakfast meal BEFORE the park opens. You get great photo ops with NO people in your pictures!

If you don't have a park ticket your first day, go to the Poly and watch the light show and fireworks on the beach! Totally free! And you can sip on a frozen daqueri while you're watching.

:cheer2:

Texas lady
02-05-2008, 10:10 PM
1. Flying and getting to Orlando in 2½ hours is much better than a 2 day driving trip!

2. Your Adult children knowing you don't like to ride ToT, will do anything from
teasing and making silly bets to make sure you ride.

3. Not everyone in your family likes their picture taken over and over. (ie: 12 year old DD).

lpoeppelman
02-05-2008, 10:10 PM
What is body glide???

Texas lady
02-05-2008, 10:18 PM
What is body glide???

Body Glide is an Anti-Blister & Chafing Stick. My family uses it to prevent blisters on your feet, and works great for us.
For more info go to www.bodyglide.com

MickMick
02-06-2008, 06:15 AM
1. It is necessary to research and plan meals.
2. Universal Stuidos is not for us
3. We love Downtown Disney!

KimR
02-06-2008, 11:48 AM
1) No matter what time of year you go or how hot it is, bring a jacket. The indoor attractions and restaurants are freezing!
2) Stay away from the Tiki Room! :scared1:
3) The TTA is a very relaxing ride and a great way to keep the younger kids entertained while the older ones go on Space Mountain.

Disney_rider
02-06-2008, 06:21 PM
1) No matter what time of year you go or how hot it is, bring a jacket. The indoor attractions and restaurants are freezing!
2) Stay away from the Tiki Room! :scared1:

I second both of these!!!
Being an original Disney Purest I was soooo dissapointed that the Tiki Room was so different from Disneylands....
I live in Arizona and I always felt cold.

mmcguire
02-06-2008, 06:44 PM
1. I never thought I'd be saying this, but matching shirts are invaluable for finding members of your group in a crowd. My mom bought shirts from AC Moore, and we reluctantly agreed to wear them our first day. We all liked the ease of finding each other so much that we laundered them each night and wore them every park day. Next time we'll bring an assortment so all our pics don't look like they were taken the same day. :rotfl:

2. There is an poorly-labeled elevator for taking wheelchairs up to the top of the monorail ramp at Epcot. I found this out only AFTER I pushed my mom all the way up and another family coming from the elevator. :headache:

3. Sandals in summer are the best shoe, period. Sneakers and socks are too hot & sweaty and Crocs give me blisters. I wore Teva sandals every day with nary a blister, my feet stayed cool and dry, and when I got wet on rides, they dried quickly.

lovesdumbo
02-07-2008, 04:18 AM
Very cool! Thanks for sharing!

lovesdumbo
02-07-2008, 04:31 AM
1) The view, atmosphere, and food is worth the price at the California Grill especially if you're there for sunset.

2) Sometimes its worth the price to take a taxi-after the California Grill it was raining and I didn't have our ponchos. Rather than get all wet or buy new ones we took a taxi back to Pop and it was well worth the $20.

3) You should take the time to look at the resort map to find the best route to the bus stop-I didn't realize til after I got home that there was a shorter route.

Anne's Family
02-07-2008, 09:23 AM
1) You should take the time to look at the resort map to find the best route to the bus stop-I didn't realize til after I got home that there was a shorter route.

Ha! I did the same thing our first trip!! Wasted a lot of time. Now, I pull out that map first thing and we walk around the resort to map out our route to the bus stop. At Pop, there's tons of different ways to get there.

acjsmom
02-07-2008, 09:39 AM
Just returned three weeks ago from our first ever trip. Things I learned:

1) One character meal per trip is plenty

2) Overall, the food is average and not worth the price

3) The best time to wait for Ariel is right before she opens, but if the sign says a 50 minute wait and your 4 year old wants to wait, the look on her face afterwards is priceless and more than worth the wait

acjsmom
02-07-2008, 09:42 AM
Okay, had to post three more things:

1) Disney knows how to treat special needs guests. My mother was in a wheelchair because she had back surgery last year and can't hold up to walking for long periods. Not only she, but our entire party, had a wonderful time because we did not have to wait in lines too long and we didn't have to use fastpasses except once or twice.

2) Waiting in line for characters in Toontown in the afternoon is not worth it because it is too busy, and if you play your cards right, you can see the same ones elsewhere

3) Epcot is a great place to meet characters and the wait time is much shorter than MK

Jen76b
02-10-2008, 09:29 PM
bumping!

Wit
02-10-2008, 09:38 PM
I <3 this thread!

ssaa
02-11-2008, 03:59 PM
Cool thread!

1. Don't let anyone tell you that a 3 year old is too young to enjoy WDW. Our first trip, my DD was 3, and everybody thought I was nuts to take her...well, she loved it as much, if not more than my DS who was 6. She still remembers meeting Cindy...and yes, the look on her face was priceless.

2. To take the time to soak in the theming and details...so beautiful.

3. Get up early and enjoy the park...no crowds, no lines, no heat.

And I just have to add:

4. IF you'll only go once in your life, make sure everyone is your party is over 40" tall, then you can do almost all the rides together. But I'll bet anything that once you go, you WILL return!

IHEARTNY
02-12-2008, 01:38 AM
1. Free robot making at EPCOT is really fun.

2. The almond incrusted cheesecake from Narcossee's is not only one of the prettiest deserts I have ever had, but it's also definitely the best. It was so so so so so so good, and I hate nuts.

3. Never underestimate the power of asking for filtered ice water from restaurants for free compared to dirty unfiltered Florida out of the drinking fountain water that some baby just spit up on or carrying around a heavy warm water bottle.

Lovin' Lorne
02-12-2008, 01:59 AM
1.) The LSU Tigers are the National Champions.

2.) No matter how uncrowded you think the park is, there will always be someone next to you who thinks the crowds are "outrageous".

3.) They make a mean Mai-Tai at the pool-side bar at the Beach Club. :drinking: *hic*

ETA - Hubby says the value resorts are way better than he ever thought they'd be. He even thinks he might like to stay at POP one day.

lpoeppelman
02-14-2008, 08:33 PM
bump

rkwells
02-14-2008, 08:45 PM
I haven't read the whole thread but I am sure this is on here:

My whole family learned that Dole Whips are worth going out of your way for!!

YUM:banana:

RllngRckBrw
02-15-2008, 08:59 AM
1. Go to rope drop with a plan of what to ride/fastpass in those early precious hours, but dont hesitate to alter at the last min if you see an oppurtunity.

2. Fastpass as many of the big rides/attractions as possible but be strategic.

3. This is more of an attitude than a lesson, but I learned to go 100 miles an hour and see everything before lunch as the crowds are small. Then as the park fills up hit the less popular attractions and take it slow.

Wit
04-17-2008, 05:58 PM
Just bumping this up! I miss seeing them in my CP!

CharacterFan
04-17-2008, 06:09 PM
I'll put in another 3 from a different trip to get the ball re-rollin

1)If you're sick, don't push yourself to do everything. (Like after getting off the plane at noon and going to Epcot, and then going to MK and plan to stay until 12a because of PPP (I saw everything by 9:30p, and ended up leaving at 10:30p)

2) It's a lot easier to do 4 parks in 2 days if you have 2 full days, not part days.

3) Becareful when meeting the same character more then once in the day. It may be the "same" one. Goofy spent 10 minutes doing every pose for the photopass when I saw him for the 2nd time, and Mickey reminded me to keep the kiss we shared a secret from Minnie.

mikesdisneymom
04-17-2008, 07:33 PM
1st.Always have fun:cutie: :cutie: :cutie: :cutie:
2nd.At the hotel room watch Walt Disney World-Top 7 Must-Sees at the Walt Disney World Resort:happytv: :happytv: :happytv: :happytv: :happytv: :happytv:
3rd and most important.SHOW UP EARLY FOR SHOWS!!!!!!!:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: (minutes later):wizard:

OB1
04-20-2008, 11:15 AM
1) Don't take your older brother & wife with you that have never been before. We were so excited for them to join us, but my brother just did not get on board. He was always pushing to move on to the next thing - really no desire to just step back and check it out. We had to suggest at one point that we go in different directions so because we wanted to hang out longer.

2) NEVER let any rude behavior or pushy people ruin your day. You are there to have fun - and your reaction to other people is totally up to you. You can blow up, or you can just turn the other way & continue to enjoy. Any incident is usually over in 20 seconds.

3) Don't eat at the table service at Mexcio. The setting is fantastic, and the good was not as good as Taco Bell.

A_NY_Outlaw
04-20-2008, 11:22 AM
1) NEVER let any rude behavior or pushy people ruin your day. You are there to have fun - and your reaction to other people is totally up to you. You can blow up, or you can just turn the other way & continue to enjoy. Any incident is usually over in 20 seconds.

I must admit, I'm not able to do this. Rude, pushy and obnoxious people are what fuels my fire the most. Unfortunately, WDW is full of them. People have actually gone out of their way to put hands in front of my camera while i'm taking a picture- just goes to show the mentality of this rude country. I always attempt to be courteous, but sometimes- it's VERY hard. :confused3 Imagine what WDW (or any park) would be like if everyone was courteous and friendly.

kimgof
04-20-2008, 08:12 PM
Great thread!
1. Have at least one day of relaxing at the pool.
2. When you have kids , Disney becomes different. Your enjoyment is becuase of them. I will love Disney when they're grown and I loved it before they were born, but the enjoyment of seeing their excitement with Disney is the best!
3. Even your pre teen can be excited about Disney! The one who never seems to get excited about anything anymore.:rotfl:

Suzimom
04-22-2008, 06:43 AM
subbing - no time to read this all now!

lpoeppelman
04-26-2008, 03:54 PM
bumping

NorweJenNY
05-05-2008, 04:56 PM
1. First stop at MK is Fantasyland... very little wait time, unlike later in the day.

2. The line for Soarin' will almost always remain long... grab a FastPass early on and use child swap if necessary. It's a must-do attraction!

3. Get the refillable mugs when staying at POP. You WILL get your money's worth!

donaldndaisy
05-07-2008, 12:23 AM
1. I love Disney without my immediate family
2. I will only go to Disney with my dh, ds9 and future dd (adopting)
3. Never invite my immediate family to Disney

teddygurl28
05-16-2008, 12:34 PM
i have just one
1. always be prepared to take your kids to disney no matter what age they are!
when i was 16 my parents were taking me back to disney since i had been beggging them for 8 yrs and i had just gotten over surgery.....my father said to ask my older brother who was 21 and away at college...my mom was sure he would say no because again he was 21 and away at college--why would he want to spend 2 weeks in disney with his family ...well sure enough he was on the plane with us :rotfl2: my mom doesnt get it because she isnt as into disney as my brother my father and i...but if your kids love disney they will go at the drop of a hat no matter what age!!

Stacie96
05-16-2008, 12:56 PM
1. It is important to rest in the afternoon before heading back out for more fun :thumbsup2

2. You dont have to do EVERYTHING :scared1: Go at your family's pace and have fun!!!

3. My ds hates Rock N Roller Coaster :confused3

bellaDisneydncr
05-17-2008, 04:38 PM
I just have one:
If you wear tennis shoes in the World ALWAYS bring a second pair in case your first gets soaked by the rain. We were caught in a famous unexpected rain storm and our shoes were soaked- they never really dried and we had semi-wet shoes the rest of the trip.

Marshay
05-17-2008, 09:04 PM
Just came back this week and here are 3 new things I learned:

1) Toy Story Mania ROCKS!!! but they really need to finish working out the kinks. It seemed to be down more than working during the AP preview.

2) If dining at CS on the DDP, ask for a large size drink. It's included in the plan. If you don't, you may get the smaller size instead.

3) You cannot mail a letter from the parks anymore (at least not Epcot and DHS...the mail boxes are sealed shut...we found one at MK that was open but did not have any pick up times listed. I talked to two cast members who told me that Disney stopped allowing folks to mail letters/post cards from the parks.)

twinklebug
05-17-2008, 10:37 PM
Kids will get sick on vacation
You can never have enough ibuprofen packed
Don't give a 10yo his own card key with charging privileges & send him to the resort store to buy ibuprofen & cough drops .. or at least anticipate a $50 charge for misc. 'essentials' :rotfl2:

pedigot1
06-04-2008, 08:17 AM
bump

Cool-Beans
06-04-2008, 09:05 AM
1. Staying offsite is not as scary as it sounds and you get SO much more for SO much less. :teacher:

2. Pay the $.75 toll to get to WDW quick like a bunny. :drive:

3. The Simpsons is the best ride in Orlando. :thumbsup2

4. Put the sunscreen on, even if you think you're just going to the pool for 15 minutes...because you NEVER go to the pool for just 15 minutes, you big dope! Don't turn into a candy cane. :bitelip:

mikesdisneymom
06-04-2008, 09:05 AM
1.Take the Disney transportation it's easier to get there + you don't get lost.:thumbsup2
2.Get a FASSPASS(R) and do some other things while time is snipping away let's say DINOSAUR has a 30 minute line time and it is probably a 10 minute pre-show and a 5 minute ride not worth the wait right? well get the FASSPASS(R) and go ride kali river rapids as soon as you're done you get in the FASSPASS(R) DINOSAUR queue and you get a shorter wait.:love:
3.Even if you're staying in a bus or boat hotel it's always a good idea to ride the Monorail. :cloud9:

summfam4
06-04-2008, 09:27 AM
1. Hit Fantasy land early morning.
2. Try to avoid tropical storms!
3. Crocs are not very comfortable when it rains.

stopher1
06-04-2008, 12:58 PM
1. Itzakadoozie's are quite good.
2. Restaurant Marrakesh in Morocco is fantastic.
3. Packing and bringing your own moleskin and oversized bandages from home is much better than paying $7+ for them at the resorts.

pedigot1
06-13-2008, 04:08 PM
bump

mikesdisneymom
07-10-2008, 04:42 PM
1.Stay in 1 Hotel At all times:rolleyes:
2.Take pictureshttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/06/Photographer.jpg/800px-Photographer.jpg
3.Definitelymake a reservation at the whisperingCANYONcafe

tinkfan355
07-10-2008, 04:55 PM
1. Fastpass runs out very early on Holidays. Either get there early to get a fastpass, wait in the regular line, or go back for Extra Magic Hours!

2. Extra Magic Hours really help during busy times of year at Disney!!!!

3. Tower of Terror isnt that scary, and is one of my favorite rides. :woohoo:

:)

bytheblood
07-10-2008, 05:01 PM
1 - Tusker House has an amazing breakfast
2 - TGMs information is invaluable
3 - Be more choosy about who to vacation with

Calrissian13
07-10-2008, 06:59 PM
1. The best way to see Magic Kingdom for the first time is from the water

2. Cheesy performances can make you cry if you're already overwhelmed with emotion :sad:

3. I could easily spend my entire life savings at Tatooine Traders :yoda:

GarrettJD
07-10-2008, 09:27 PM
1. Staying offsite is not really that bad, and having a car to get to the parks is SO much faster than Disney transportation.

2. The Pirate and Princess Party doesn't currently offer enough unique events for adults to justify the ticket price (though the fireworks are spectacular.) I hope they continue to tweak and "plus" the party, as it really could be a good event.

3. Spending an entire day eating something from every pavilion in World Showcase is a really, really fun way to spend a day. :thumbsup2