PDA

View Full Version : Need help...

goin2disneyagain
01-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Does anyone know where I can sell artwork? I am looking for someplace other than ebay. Preferrably a place that specializes in artwork. Specifically I have some Hargrove pieces and a few Disney sericels I want to sell. Any help would be appreciated. TIA!! :)

aka-mad4themouse
01-20-2008, 08:01 PM
You might want to check this thread about etsy.com:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1683261

There are a lot of handcrafted goods sold by individuals thru that site.

dvcgirl
01-20-2008, 08:12 PM
Does anyone know where I can sell artwork? I am looking for someplace other than ebay. Preferrably a place that specializes in artwork. Specifically I have some Hargrove pieces and a few Disney sericels I want to sell. Any help would be appreciated. TIA!! :)

I have to tell you that we did pretty good on Ebay selling Disney sericels several years back. I remember that at first I called local art galleries that sold sericels and they didn't offer me much at all. I did much better by opening it up to the Ebay marketplace. I certainly didn't make a profit on the pieces, but I got more than I would have by going to a gallery.

Plantlady
01-20-2008, 08:23 PM
I was going to suggest etsy as well, but it sounds like it is artwork you didn't create. Etsy is for handmade goods, to be sold by the creator.

goin2disneyagain
01-20-2008, 09:53 PM
You might want to check this thread about etsy.com:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1683261

There are a lot of handcrafted goods sold by individuals thru that site.

I'm confused. :confused3 Why would I want to sell artwork I purchased on a craft website??

goin2disneyagain
01-20-2008, 09:58 PM
I was going to suggest etsy as well, but it sounds like it is artwork you didn't create. Etsy is for handmade goods, to be sold by the creator.

Hargrove is the artist as well as Disney artists. The previous poster must have been confused. I stated in my OP that they were Hargrove and Disney but that must not have been understood. I am looking for an artwork website or company because they are NOT my own work. I purchased them and wish to resell them now.