PDA

View Full Version : ? on Disney Visa

JodiR
01-20-2008, 09:06 AM
I have 76 points and put them on the Disney Rewards card. The card expires in 12/08. I may not be able to use them if I don't go to Disney before then. I thought there would be a longer exp date.

I don't want to use them for the Disney Store (which I think would be my only option at this point). Is there any way to get Disney Dollars with the card? I may just have to give the card to someone to use.

HappyHappy
01-20-2008, 09:52 AM
The Disney Store in my area let me buy Disney Dollars with my rewards card. I would call them first. Also check the Disney rewards site for options. Maybe you can buy a gift card. Dollars would be my first choice as they do not expire.

DiznEeyore
01-20-2008, 09:57 AM
The Disney Store in my area let me buy Disney Dollars with my rewards card. I would call them first. Also check the Disney rewards site for options. Maybe you can buy a gift card. Dollars would be my first choice as they do not expire.

I was going to give the same advice.

I also *think* you can go to the Disney Shopping site and order a Disney gift card (which don't expire either) and then use your rewards card as payment when you get to that point. I've never done it, but the rewards card is definitely listed as a payment option on the site.

swimgalsmom
01-20-2008, 10:02 AM
I just received something in the mail this week that said I can now convert my Disney rewards over to Target, I think maybe Walmart and also for movie theatres. I haven't looked into it yet but if I understood it right, you go ahead and have the rewards put on your card and then you can call up and ask them to send you checks in the amount you want which you can then use at these places. You might want to check into this.

JodiR
01-20-2008, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the advice.

I knew you could use the rewards for Target, Wal-Mart, etc but they the need to be used for Disney movies and music there (unless that has changed?)

I wanted the movie tickets but I thought I had to order them instead of putting the points on the card. But it looks like I can get them afterall.

yeahdisney
01-20-2008, 09:02 PM
I did not know you could use rewards at target, walmart for disney stuff. Where can I read more about this? Thanks

disneychrista
01-20-2008, 10:57 PM
you can use the rewards for Movie Cash and some other things. Go to disneyrewards.com for more details.

Disney Dollars will depend on the store. Officially the answer is no because you can not get cash or cash equivalents but some stores will do it anyway. Heck I got DD at Disneyland with my rewards card.