PDA

View Full Version : Test

captinhookedondisney
01-20-2008, 09:48 AM
TEST OF SMILIES:goodvibes :lmao: :cool1: :thumbsup2 :happytv: ;) :) :rotfl2: :rotfl: :confused3 :lovestruc :worship: :surfweb: :cutie: :banana: :hippie: :laughing: :love: :confused:

Mickey Fliers
01-20-2008, 09:57 AM
I am sorry that they were "misdirected" but I don't think it is Disney's responsibility to make sure your sister makes her dining reservations. And, I am confused. How did she "miss" her park plans?

Unfortunately, not every cast member has the correct information. That is why it is wise to be an informed traveler.

JMO.

TwingleMum
01-20-2008, 10:01 AM
I don't see how getting wrong directions entitle someone to a free nights stay??

disneyjunkie
01-20-2008, 10:04 AM
My sister is in WDW right now. And she is staying at POP CENTURY where she was miss directed twice (Name Tat said earning my eras) causing her to miss her dinning reservations and her park plans (Both restaurants were 2 points o the Disney dinning plan) so she got a little upset. And talked to the manager of POP CENTURY and didn't do anything. They wanted another nights (complementary) stay so they could get into the MK. They then went to Guest services at one of the parks All they did was give them 5 FP for 2 people. What could they do to get another night w/parks? '

Thank You All so Much

CAPTAIN HOOK-ED ON DISNEY pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate:

We're all human, people make mistakes.

Did your sister go to the restaurant? Did she try to see if they would seat her after her ADR time?

Why didn't they go to the park?

Maybe she could write a letter once she gets home.

I think 5 fastpasses were great. Why should they get free park passes and a free night stay just because someone made a mistake?

ConcKahuna
01-20-2008, 10:04 AM
I don't see how getting wrong directions entitle someone to a free nights stay??

I agree with this. Should the manager have helped book new reservations? Yes. Was this offered? Well, it's possible. If the sister had it set in her mind that she wanted a free night, the CM's trying to help her with something lesser can easily become "doing nothing" in thier mind.

karliebug
01-20-2008, 10:05 AM
How was she "misdirected"?Give us a few more details. I don't see how missing an ADR means she cant go to the park. What did she do, get on the wrong bus? The buses are clearly marked.

daisyduck123
01-20-2008, 10:07 AM
What could they do to get another night w/parks? '

Pay for another night....that is about all they can do.

captinhookedondisney
01-20-2008, 10:12 AM
How was she "misdirected"?Give us a few more details. I don't see how missing an ADR means she cant go to the park. What did she do, get on the wrong bus? The buses are clearly marked.

They told her to get t the contemporary to go to epcot and take a monorail to Contemporary which got them there an hour too late and they didn't seat them.

livndisney
01-20-2008, 10:12 AM
My sister is in WDW right now. And she is staying at POP CENTURY where she was miss directed twice (Name Tat said earning my eras) causing her to miss her dinning reservations and her park plans (Both restaurants were 2 points o the Disney dinning plan) so she got a little upset. And talked to the manager of POP CENTURY and didn't do anything. They wanted another nights (complementary) stay so they could get into the MK. They then went to Guest services at one of the parks All they did was give them 5 FP for 2 people. What could they do to get another night w/parks? '

Thank You All so Much

CAPTAIN HOOK-ED ON DISNEY pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate:

It looks like she made it to a park, so I am not sure I understand. If she wants another night, she would have to pay for it. As far as the dining plan, I thought they "charge" you for the meal when you show up. If it is a case of her being a "no show" and being charged, I would think she should be able to get that charge "reversed".

CrazedDisFan
01-20-2008, 10:13 AM
I hate to be the bad guy here, but it is the responsibility of the traveler to be informed of their plans. The parks and the hotels offer maps, perhaps your sister needed to consult one of the maps. In addition, once she discovered they were misdirected she should have asked for help or a map from someone else. I understand missing and ADR, but how do you miss out on a day of park touring? Was she simply so upset about missing the ADR that it ruined their entire day? If that was the case maybe she needs to reconsider her reaction. :(

I sincerely hope they find some fun while they are there.

cindyfan
01-20-2008, 10:15 AM
I agree.... I don't see how a simple mistake by a trainee entitles her to a free night??:confused3

Now.... if she was following directions posted on an official map given to her by a CM... and she proved the map was wrong....... that might be an arguement for maybe a complimentary dinner.

Give us details..... where was she trying to go and what did the CM tell her??

BTW.....ConcKahuna.... I love the video in your sig!! Funny how the seagull seem to look around to see if anyone is coming .... then runs out!! ha ha!!!

Mickey Fliers
01-20-2008, 10:16 AM
They told her to get t the contemporary to go to epcot and take a monorail to Contemporary which got them there an hour too late and they didn't seat them.

While it is unfortunate that the cast member was not aware of the best directions to the Contemporary, this sounds like your sister's fault.

She should be able to have the dining charges reversed and I still don't see how this prevented them from visiting the park.

senecabeach
01-20-2008, 10:18 AM
My sister is in WDW right now. And she is staying at POP CENTURY where she was miss directed twice (Name Tat said earning my eras) causing her to miss her dinning reservations and her park plans (Both restaurants were 2 points o the Disney dinning plan) so she got a little upset. And talked to the manager of POP CENTURY and didn't do anything. They wanted another nights (complementary) stay so they could get into the MK.

They wanted another nights (complementary) stay so they could get into the MK.
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Get serious.. !!!

GovieMom
01-20-2008, 10:19 AM
First of all, since you weren't there you only heard one side of the story. Perhaps your sister confused the CM by asking the question the wrong way, or for directions to the wrong place. I really can't see how the CM misdirected her twice. I think your sister was lucky to get the FPs myself.

rgf207
I don't see why they are entitled to a free night's stay. IMHO they should have planned better. Whenever I go on vacation I always get directions and if i'm not using disney transportation I get maps which are readily available.

It is not the CM's fault that your sister didn't plan well. It is their responsibility to plan

Allison
I'm sorry but I'm having trouble following the story to even fully understand what happened.

You mention both restaurants being two credits. What restaurants are you talking about?

Another nights stay at the resort won't get you into the Magic Kingdom. You need park tickets for that.

ConcKahuna
01-20-2008, 10:21 AM

That's actually not bad of directions, especially if they were already headed to Epcot. Yes, MK would have been closer, but no matter what they would have been required to go to a park or DTD then transfer to get to the Contemporary.

If they were over an hour late following these directions, they must have left PoP at or very close to their reservation time. Part of the spiel you get when you book any resort dining is to make sure you leave at least an hour before your reservation time.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Get serious.. !!!

:confused3

disneyfantotheend
01-20-2008, 10:28 AM
I would think the reasoning for directing them to Epcot is because it is very close to Pop. And the monorail is indeed right there. It may have been a small amount of difference to go to MK and then walk to Contemporary, but it sounds to me like they must have just left too late. I truly don't think the directions made her an hour late.

Not trying to flame you or her, but a free night is asking for something totally not related to the issue at hand. I also don't understand how she missed a day in the park due to this?

TheRustyScupper
01-20-2008, 10:28 AM
. . . They then went to Guest services at one of the parks All they did was give them 5 FP for 2 people. What could they do to get another night w/parks? . . .

1) Absolutely!
2) People who are mistreated or receive wrong info deserve extra FREE nights!
miss an ADR, get a free night
wait too long in a line, get a free night
take the wrong way, get a free night
receive a late wake up call, get a free night
3) After all, fair is fair.

ChefBilly
01-20-2008, 10:32 AM
1) Absolutely!

Winces. :laughing:

And, uh... Wow.

starbox
01-20-2008, 10:38 AM
There is no resort-to-resort transportation - no matter what sort of dining reservations you have. You can:

1. Go to a park and get transportation from there (going from POP to EPCOT and catching a monorail is not a bad suggestion at all and is probably what I would have done - you need to give yourself about 1 1/2 hours to do resort-to-resort Disney transportation).

2. Drive if you have a car.

3. Get a taxi.

4. Plan your dining reservations in a way that lets you go from park-resort without messing with trying to find a way to do resort-to-resort Disney transportation.

The dining reservation people are very clear that, using Disney transportation, you need to allow for plenty of time to make your reservation. They are also very clear that park admission is not included with dining reservations.

They don't take the credits if you don't eat at the restaurant.

*NikkiBell*
01-20-2008, 10:45 AM
I totally and 100% agree with the other posters. It definitely sounds as if she was running late to begin with and had very little to no knowledge of where she was going. This is the responsibility of a traveler to any location; you just need to know where you are going after you plan something like this.

This definitely sounds as if a CM is being blamed for one's trying to catch a fish from the air.

TisBit
01-20-2008, 10:46 AM

Not trying to flame anyone, but there is a point of where what you 'want' as compensation might not be what is warranted. It is unfortunate that she was late for her ADR, but is you don't know where you are going, you should leave early. They did give her OK directions....

Didn't get an explanation on how she 'missed' a park....but maybe the OP meant they didn't make rope drop, etc.

Its unfortunate, but I don't see the major problems here on Disney's part. How many people miss their ADR or are late because the bus wasn't 'right' there, etc.

tluvstink
01-20-2008, 10:51 AM
I guess I missed something but I don't see how this interfered with time in the parks. :confused3 But at least she did get FP and hopefully will enjoy the rest of her trip!:goodvibes

Terri

livndisney
01-20-2008, 10:52 AM
1) Absolutely!

Ok lets see... just in the last 6 months
CM wrote the wrong room number on my map at check in = (1 free night)
CM send me to THREE rooms that had not been cleaned = (3 free nights)
CM gave wrong info on non dairy ice cream in the park = (1 free night)

So who do I talk to to get my free nights? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Seriously, mistakes happen and they can be frustrating. But I would not let them "ruin" a vacation. If I make an ADR, I make sure I know how to get to the location. Like another poster said taxis are available at all the resorts if you are "running late" to make it to a ADR.

I hope the OPs family is able to enjoy their vacation.

senecabeach
01-20-2008, 10:53 AM
There is no resort-to-resort transportation - no matter what sort of dining reservations you have. You can:

1. Go to a park and get transportation from there (going from POP to EPCOT and catching a monorail is not a bad suggestion at all and is probably what I would have done - you need to give yourself about 1 1/2 hours to do resort-to-resort Disney transportation).

2. Drive if you have a car.

3. Get a taxi.

4. Plan your dining reservations in a way that lets you go from park-resort without messing with trying to find a way to do resort-to-resort Disney transportation.

The dining reservation people are very clear that, using Disney transportation, you need to allow for plenty of time to make your reservation. They are also very clear that park admission is not included with dining reservations.

They don't take the credits if you don't eat at the restaurant.

ITA.... :thumbsup2

minnie56
01-20-2008, 11:00 AM
It's the responsibility of the Guest to get to the Restaurant ontime! This includes, allowing a little extra time for 'mishaps' thus delaying one.

I cannot believe how crazy so many of us have gotten in what we expect from Disney just because they are Disney! A little wake up call is in order IMO

zippy doo dah
01-20-2008, 11:05 AM
I am in agreeance with the other posters. I'm sorry your sister didn't make her ADR, but it doesn't sound like she was prepared to get there in the time allotted - and that makes it her fault (sorry no flames intended) and no one else's. I was on my Disneymoon with DH and we missed our ADR's for The Brown Derby because we were running late coming from another park and we were advised to take a bus to our resort rather than to to T&TC. When we arrived they said we could wait for a table for 2 hours, but unfortunately we missed our seating. It was totally our fault and while we were upset, we had to suck it up and eat at a CS that night. I was disappointed, but I didn't let it ruin my park plans or the remainder of my trip - and by no means did I expect to get a free night because I missed my ADR. However, I did expect a free night when the CBR staff lost our reservation and had nothing available for that night - the had us stay at POFQ for the night at their expense & then we got an extra 2 complimentary night stay at CBR w/ 2 extra WH (world hopper passes), a bottle of champagne nd strawberries with 1/2 dozen roses waitin in our CBR room with a beautiful pic of Mickey & Minnie & change in flight all at their expense. They more than made up for their mistake - but not because we missed our ADR.

MagicKingdom05
01-20-2008, 11:06 AM
Sorry to here about what happened to your sister, but stuff like this happens. I'm sure they are asked thousands of questions a day and once in a while a CM will give bad informaton. I have had this happened as well, and went to the parks later than I wanted, but still had a great time. I made sure from that time on, that I looked at the maps the night before so I knew how to get there.

helenk
01-20-2008, 01:23 PM
While I too feel bad for your sister, I think that the directions given by the CM were not incorrect based on the fact that the POP is closer to Epoct than it is to the MK. Those of us in the know would take the longer bus trip to the MK and then either walk or take the monorail to the CR.
I know most of the time the CMs that are taking the dining reservations will tell you to allow plenty of time to get to your restaurant, generally they will tell you at least 45 minutes.
Taking the bus to Epcot and then the monorail to the TTC and then the resort monorail to the CR while the long way to go should not have made her over an hour late for her reservation, it certainly would not take 2 hours to make this trip. It does appear that she may have been late in leaving already?? But of course I do not know for sure.
But given the information that has been provided I do not see where she should be entitled to a free nights stay

marlynnp
01-20-2008, 01:40 PM
Come on people!
It's obviously Disney's fault ~ they didn't let her use the teleportation device when she asked how to get there 5 minuted before her reservation time.

Free night and park tickets :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

disneyfav4ever
01-20-2008, 01:41 PM
This is not Disney's fault! I'm sorry, but there is no reason for your sister to be blaming Disney for her missed ADR. It's not the CM's fault that she didn't know where she was going, or give herself enough time to get there.

epfootballcutie04
01-20-2008, 01:59 PM
ok i just have to be another person saying it's not Disney's fault. I know it doesnt happen NEARLY as often as it should, but I think that all travelers need to know in advance where they are going and how to get there in time. When I made ADRs a couple years ago, the lady on the phone said your reservation is at _____ time and the park opens at _____ time. PLease allow _____ minutes for travel time to the park, if not more incase something unexpected comes up.

I work at a hotel and if someone accidently gave someone wrong directions to somewhere and they missed their reservation somewhere but insisted on a free night stay, the MOST we would do is appoligize and offer them a free meal on the house probably with their choice of dessert. If they wanted a free night because if it, the manager would tell them we were sold out for the night and then go in the back and laugh his butt off.

BeckWhy
01-20-2008, 02:27 PM
All I know is.. when my boyfriend and I went to the CR from POP it took us about 45 minutes to get there. This included the wait for the bus to MK, then walking from MK to CR (it's like a 20 monorail ride otherwise).

captinhookedondisney
01-20-2008, 02:27 PM
She left 45 min before her reservation!!!!!!!!!!

pugluver31902
01-20-2008, 02:34 PM
Forty five minutes is definitly not enough time. It is not Disney's fault that your sister didnt have better time managment skills. Disney is not there to time manage people. She should have left much much earlier and allowed time for travel hang-ups.

ajleone
01-20-2008, 02:35 PM
She left 45 min before her reservation!!!!!!!!!!
Leaving 45 min ahead of time is not a guaranteed time to get to a restaurant its a guideline that needs to be adjusted accordingly. Going from POP to the Contemporary she probably should have given herself more time, especially as this is MLK weekend which is quite a busy time at WDW. So as others have posted this is her problem- she didn't give herself enough time to get to where she was going and if there was a concern she should have considered taking a taxi.

Lizcakes
01-20-2008, 02:36 PM
<<where she was miss directed twice (Name Tat said earning my eras)>>

I understand the question/post but what on earth does the above say exactly?? "Name Tat said earning my eras" ??????? :confused3 :confused3

What on earth??

MagicKingdom05
01-20-2008, 02:36 PM
We feel bad for your sister and know how much it stinks when your plans don't work out while at Walt Disney World like you wanted them to, but leaving 45 min before ADR is cutting it a little close specially during a time where the parks and buses tend to be more crowded.

Last time I was there and had an ADR I was told to be there atleast 30 min prior to the reservation to make sure you are there on time. Sometimes for whatever reason it can take 45 min to get from one of the resorts to Magic Kingdom. Last time I had to wait once for aa bus atleast 30 min to go from the resort to Magic Kingdom.

tinkerbee
01-20-2008, 02:39 PM
It is not the castmembers fault that she did not get there in time. If she was an hour late for her ADR and she left 45 minutes before that wouldn't that mean she left 15 minutes after her ADR time?:confused3 So she was already late? And now she wants free tickets and rooms?????

ajleone
01-20-2008, 02:39 PM

I understand the question/post but what on earth does the above say exactly?? "Name Tat said earning my eras" ??????? :confused3 :confused3

What on earth??

I believe that he was trying to say that the cast members name tag said "earning my ears". I assume referring to the fact that the cast member was new.

MagicKingdom05
01-20-2008, 02:42 PM
I believe that he was trying to say that the cast members name tag said "earning my ears"

That is what I was thinking as well. This is why some planing ahead of time can sometime make the differnce between a good trip and a trip where there are some problems.

duffy
01-20-2008, 02:43 PM

What on earth??

I have been wondering that too. :confused3

Lizcakes
01-20-2008, 02:43 PM
I believe that he was trying to say that the cast members name tag said "earning my ears". I assume referring to the fact that the cast member was new.

LOLOLOL. Thank you SO much for explaining that little tidbit! :rotfl: You know, this poster (as well as countless others unfortunately) said "dinning" instead of "dining", and that I'm used to but "Name Tat said earning my eras" was beyond me... :sad2:

Cinders Mum
01-20-2008, 02:47 PM
I am also presuming that it was Cali Grill she was intending to eat at, which does have a 24hr cancellation policy, hence the reason they deducted the credits from her.

I am sorry she did not leave adequate time to make it to her reservation time, even if the CM had suggested the MK bus, and it could have been that she knew the MK bus had just left and the next best one would be Epcot. we do not know this information, but it is entirely possible, that she did in fact offer the best information at that time.

The level of compensation she is looking for is in no way relative to the complaint sorry.

starbox
01-20-2008, 02:47 PM
We feel bad for your sister and know how much it stinks when your plans don't work out while at Walt Disney World like you wanted them to, but leaving 45 min before ADR is cutting it a little close specially during a time where the parks and buses tend to be more crowded.

Very true! We were trying to get from BWI to WL last year and waited an hour just to get to the MK! We literally RAN to the ferry dock and just barely made our reservation. I had only given myself a little over an hour - thinking we'd just go to the MK and get a ferry - no biggie. Luckily, we did manage to make the ferry we ran for - if we'd have had to wait 20 minutes for the next one, we'd have been late!

It's always a good idea to allow plenty of extra time to get from resort-to-resort - luckily, the resorts are fun to walk around if you end up getting there a little early.

MagicKingdom05
01-20-2008, 02:50 PM
Another thing I did last time, was to plan my ADR around times I was already at the parks. This way I didn't have to worry about the buses, like I did the first time around.

jfulcer
01-20-2008, 02:52 PM
It is not the castmembers fault that she did not get there in time. If she was an hour late for her ADR and she left 45 minutes before that wouldn't that mean she left 15 minutes after her ADR time?:confused3 So she was already late? And now she wants free tickets and rooms?????

I think that she was saying she left 45 minutes early and got there an hour after her ADR, making her trip time and hour and 45 minutes. Considering the waits involved for the bus, monorail and switch could easily have been an hour total, the 45 minutes travel time sounds about right.

I just think the person didn't plan accordingly. I'm also still not sure why missing 1 ADR makes it a 'Not Fun WDW Vacation'. It's one meal of the whole stay. Move on - get over it.

IMHO it's the entitlement mentality again.

disneyfav4ever
01-20-2008, 02:52 PM
Very true! We were trying to get from BWI to WL last year and waited an hour just to get to the MK! We literally RAN to the ferry dock and just barely made our reservation. I had only given myself a little over an hour - thinking we'd just go to the MK and get a ferry - no biggie. Luckily, we did manage to make the ferry we ran for - if we'd have had to wait 20 minutes for the next one, we'd have been late!I always try to give myself at least an hour from getting to Pop to wherever I'm eating, and even I've had some close calls. Like almost missing a bus to MK when I had an ADR at the Poly. I luckily made the bus though, and just made it to Kona on time.

Was that Disney's fault? No. It actually wasn't my fault either, it was my mom's, but it was still my dining party's fault, for not giving ourselves enough time to get ready. (BTW, I was ready, my mom couldn't decided what to wear, and then had to iron what she did decide to wear.)

JustMickey
01-20-2008, 02:53 PM

If your sister noticed and made a point of remembering that the cast member was new/in training, she could have asked another cast member to confirm that these were the correct directions. Cast members are everywhere and I'm sure most know how to get to major places on site efficiently.

disneyjunkie
01-20-2008, 02:55 PM
I am also presuming that it was Cali Grill she was intending to eat at, which does have a 24hr cancellation policy, hence the reason they deducted the credits from her.

I am sorry she did not leave adequate time to make it to her reservation time, even if the CM had suggested the MK bus, and it could have been that she knew the MK bus had just left and the next best one would be Epcot. we do not know this information, but it is entirely possible, that she did in fact offer the best information at that time.

The level of compensation she is looking for is in no way relative to the complaint sorry.

How can they deduct the credits if they don't have the room key to scan?

Even if you're on the dining plan, aren't you required to leave a CC# when you book? I always thought a certain amount would be charged to the card if you didn't cancel in time.

If credits can be deducted, what's to stop folks from saying they aren't on the dining plan when they book their ADRs?

MagicKingdom05
01-20-2008, 02:56 PM
Don't they still give you the folder with all the park times and such in it when you check in. They did last time I went and I found it really useful.

disneyfav4ever
01-20-2008, 02:56 PM
Another thing I did last time, was to plan my ADR around times I was already at the parks. This way I didn't have to worry about the buses, like I did the first time around.I do that too, it just makes my intinerary easier. On MK days I eat at MK, WL, the Poly, GF, or the Contemporary, on AK days I eat at AK or AK Lodge, on Epcot days I eat at Epcot, or at the Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin, or Yacht and Beach Clubs, and on MGM days I eat at MGM or the same resorts as Epcot days. Any other restaurants I want to eat at, at DTD or some other resort that is not as convienant to get to, I just give myself enough travel time, and fit them in wherever I can.

Planning could have solved your sister's problem.

MagicKingdom05
01-20-2008, 02:59 PM

Very true.

CoachBagFanatic
Sorry to hear that your sister missed her ADR but I don't see that the directions the CM gave was all that bad. MPO I would have taken a taxi since it was resort to resort. But, this is where planning comes in. Every time you make an ADR the CM always states to leave plenty of travel time. 45 minutes might seem like plenty of time, but when taking a bus (wait time) to Epcot to get the monorail (wait time), to get the resort monorail (wait time) or to walk to get to CR to me is not plenty of time. I also don't feel that a complementary night is warranted. Hey, I would take the FP's and be happy.

ajleone
How can they deduct the credits if they don't have the room key to scan?

Even if you're on the dining plan, aren't you required to leave a CC# when you book? I always thought a certain amount would be charged to the card if you didn't cancel in time.

If credits can be deducted, what's to stop folks from saying they aren't on the dining plan when they book their ADRs?
If you're not on the DDP when booking a signature ADR they take a CC# and you get charged at that time- if you don't show they keep the money. If you are on the plan they take your res# and charge the meal to your DDP if you don't show.

MagicKingdom05
01-20-2008, 03:01 PM
I do that too, it just makes my intinerary easier. On MK days I eat at MK, WL, the Poly, GF, or the Contemporary, on AK days I eat at AK or AK Lodge, on Epcot days I eat at Epcot, or at the Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin, or Yacht and Beach Clubs, and on MGM days I eat at MGM or the same resorts as Epcot days. Any other restaurants I want to eat at, at DTD or some other resort that is not as convienant to get to, I just give myself enough travel time, and fit them in wherever I can.

When I sat down and figured out on what days we were going to what parks, my wife didn't understand why. Once she gets there, I think she will understand.

typhoonlagooner
01-20-2008, 03:01 PM
We did this exact route, Pop to Epcot to monorail to CR for our breakfast at chef mickeys. We were close to an hour late due to oversleeping and were still seated. This isn't the first time this has happened to us either, anytime we check in late (30mins to an hour) or early (30mins to an hour) we never seem to have a problem getting a table within 10mins... even during free dinning last September. For some reason Disney has always been pretty good to us with that.

Also, you only "lose" credits when you physically use them at the conclusion of a meal. Just because she made an ADR for a "2-credit" meal, doesn't mean she lost 2-credits, especially if she was unable to make her ADR. She still would have had those credits to use during her stay.

While I'm sorry to hear of your sister's frustrations... the only way for her to recieve an extra night hotel stay is to pay for it. :flower3:

CoachBagFanatic
01-20-2008, 03:04 PM
I do that too, it just makes my intinerary easier. On MK days I eat at MK, WL, the Poly, GF, or the Contemporary, on AK days I eat at AK or AK Lodge, on Epcot days I eat at Epcot, or at the Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin, or Yacht and Beach Clubs, and on MGM days I eat at MGM or the same resorts as Epcot days. Any other restaurants I want to eat at, at DTD or some other resort that is not as convienant to get to, I just give myself enough travel time, and fit them in wherever I can.

We do this as well. Makes planning our vacations much easier.:thumbsup2

JustMickey
01-20-2008, 03:04 PM
TEST OF SMILIES:goodvibes :lmao: :cool1: :thumbsup2 :happytv: ;) :) :rotfl2: :rotfl: :confused3 :lovestruc :worship: :surfweb: :cutie: :banana: :hippie: :laughing: :love: :confused:

:confused: :confused3

MagicKingdom05
01-20-2008, 03:05 PM
I'm wondering if the issue was that she had two credits left from the dinning plan because of the missed ADR and wanted an extra night so she could use them.

sorul82?

:eek:

kimluvswdw
The first time we went to Ohanas, I checked, double checked, and triple checked on how to get there. I also allowed for plenty of time since we had never been to Ohanas. I really believe it is up to the guest to plan to get from point A to point B.

MagicKingdom05
01-20-2008, 03:07 PM
:confused: :confused3

Maybe he understands that this wasn't disney's fault after all???????

CoachBagFanatic
01-20-2008, 03:07 PM

Ok Did the heat get to hot in the kitchen???:confused3

sorul82?
01-20-2008, 03:09 PM
Ok Did the heat get to hot in the kitchen???:confused3

I think it was a hoax to begin with.

hypnotic
01-20-2008, 03:09 PM
Now I will say, as someone who has stayed at both value and moderate resorts, I find that a good amount of the cast members at the value resorts are, um, lacking in some intelligence. But with that said, it sounded like he gave your sister some good directions. Also, as someone who used to be a manager at McDonald's and had to deal with the public all the time, they assume one little mess up is worth the world. You put pickles on my burger, I want my entire meal free. How about you take your grimy little fingers and peel off your damn pickle. A free nights stay is way too much, I say at best you go for getting your ADR back.

CoachBagFanatic
01-20-2008, 03:10 PM
I think it was a hoax to begin with.

LOL, how many of us fell for it. :lmao:

MagicKingdom05
01-20-2008, 03:11 PM
I was wondering about this possbily not being legit from the get go, but gave the poster the benifit of the doubt. I guess we will never know.

captinhookedondisney
01-20-2008, 03:24 PM
This story is true and I should have known better she was just so sad when she called me and I felt really bad. So I did what I could. And It was silly of me to think that was even an option. But at least she got the Fast Passes.

Thanks You and Sorry

disneyfav4ever
01-20-2008, 03:31 PM
This story is true and I should have known better she was just so sad when she called me and I felt really bad. So I did what I could. And It was silly of me to think that was even an option. But at least she got the Fast Passes.

Thanks You and SorryIf she was that upset about missing a meal, or that meal was so important to her, then why didn't she just plan better?

MagicKingdom05
01-20-2008, 03:35 PM
He got our advice and is moving on. Onto the packing.

CoachBagFanatic
01-20-2008, 03:43 PM

Thanks You and Sorry

You were trying to help your sister and that's a good thing. Don't ever feel sorry about that.

He got our advice and is moving on. Onto the packing.

Have a great time MK05.:cheer2:

MagicKingdom05
01-20-2008, 03:50 PM
Thanks. With our first baby arriving in June, this is probably our last vacation for a while so we are going to make the most of it.

MagicKingdom05
01-20-2008, 03:52 PM

Thanks You and Sorry

Don't worry about it. This is a place to ask these type of questions and I don't think any of us to offense to it at all.