PDA

View Full Version : Look at this response from a seller regarding WDW merchandise

bizeemom4
01-19-2008, 04:21 PM
I bought a "Monorail" sweatshirt from a seller on Ebay. I paid about 3 minutes after I hit "Purchase." He never sent me a receipt. He never sent me a confirmation email at all. He never acknowledged my payment. I bought this on 1/6. It's now 1/19 and I still haven't heard from him. I sent him an email last week and he didn't answer. So this morning, I sent him an ultimatum email....basically, respond to this email or I will report you. NOW I have his attention. He responds with "I already answered your emails. Check your mailbox." That's it. So I got a little angry and told him that he wasn't answering my questions. I wanted to know exactly when he shipped my purchase, tracking #, etc. I also told him that I had noticed that he had other negative feedback indicating that I obviously wasn't the only one that had trouble communicating with this buyer.

Here's his response.

"Yeah, well, there are two sides to every story, and my feedback
also shows that 99% of the people I deal with are very happy.
Like most people, you've chosen to ignore that, though. It's the
typical atitude of most people here on eBay, so I'm used to it. If
the feedback I'd recieved reflected when I had ACTUALLY made a
mistake, it'd be about 99.9%. People who have no experience on
eBay and the post office have accounted for nearly all of the
negatives on my account.

I didn't bother answering your question in your last email
because I had answered it before in the previous email that you
apparently never got."

Is this rude or am I being touchy? What do I do now? Do I contact Paypal and get my money back?

kathie859
01-19-2008, 04:29 PM
Of course you want to get your money back AND you want to forward his ascerbic email to eBay! :confused3 He sounds like a jerk and I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for my merchandise to arrive.

momof3littlelilos
01-19-2008, 05:38 PM
That's VERY rude. If you paid by PayPal you should file for a refund.
I don't know if it's just me, but I've had a lot of difficult sellers in the last year. I LOVED eBay when I first started using it a few years ago, but lately the quality of the merchandise and the attitudes of a lot of sellers has declined drastically.

Disney1976
01-19-2008, 05:42 PM
I would just file the claim with Paypal -the burden would be on them to provide a tracking number and proof of delivery then.

Having sold WDW merchandise on in the past, and even run an Ebay store, I think I know who this person might be, because I used to hear stories from some of my customers.

In all fairness to Ebay sellers in general, selling on Ebay, especially in volume does wear on you at times, with pushy, demanding and often demeaning buyers. People will often leave negative feedback for slow delivery when we as sellers have no control over the post office. And that new "ratings system" imposed on sellers? That's a crock! I feel like I should be able to rate buyers then, too. I even used to get "questions" from people on some of my items criticizing what I was selling or my price for shipping! Like, hello, why not go someplace else to shop instead of taking the time to leave a negative comment?

Not making excuses for the seller, as in this case, it appears he totally blew you off. That's one thing I never would have done, but don't get drawn into a battle with him. Just file the claim with Paypal and you'll either get a tracking number, or you'll get a refund. I wouldn't even report it to Ebay, trust me, they won't do a darn thing to the seller.

mtblujeans
01-19-2008, 05:46 PM
Darn, that is too bad! I hate to see this....when you go through the effort to purchase something, you eventually hope to receive it! So sorry you hit this negative jackpot! :sad2:

sb1997
01-19-2008, 05:48 PM
Did you check your ebay mailbox? Maybe a reply went there and somehow didn't come to your regular email.

bizeemom4
01-19-2008, 06:37 PM
I check my email account every day. I even checked my spam box. I also logged into my ebay account every day to check for a message. This guy just never thought my purchase was worthy of a response.

It's upsetting because I leave first thing in the morning for my trip and I wanted/need this sweatshirt for Disney. :guilty: